Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 129
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Why isn't Mohammad Amir playing domestic cricket?

    If you had any doubts about his intentions, just note that not only has he retired from international cricket, but he refuses to play domestic cricket as well.

    Northern are currently playing a white ball List A match without him. Where is he?

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,690
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Good question, he hasn't retired from T-20's and ODI's therefore no excuse for him to miss a domestic ODI game

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    12,269
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Domestic is a stepping stone for international cricket. Why would he play domestic if heís retired from international cricket?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    17,278
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is retired so why does he need to play this? There is not much money playing this List A tournament so better skip and conserve his energy for other domestic leagues

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,793
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He thinks he's bigger than the pakistan team. He's also been one for easy money quite often

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,793
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    He is retired so why does he need to play this? There is not much money playing this List A tournament so better skip and conserve his energy for other domestic leagues
    He just tweeted today that he's only retired while this team management is in place. He really thinks he's bigger than the team. What a clown.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    1,366
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing a prima donna when the management bent over backwards to accommodate him, nice!

    Dont know why Pak cricketers love to dangle retirement as a blackmailing option to get the management fired? If you have to retire - retire, why create this unnecessary drama?

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    He just tweeted today that he's only retired while this team management is in place. He really thinks he's bigger than the team. What a clown.
    Okay that makes sense but similar to Umar Gul, Imran Farhat and others there are many who continue to play domestics long after international retirement.

    Why is Mohammad Amir not playing domestic cricket?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,372
    Mentioned
    2747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    He just tweeted today that he's only retired while this team management is in place. He really thinks he's bigger than the team. What a clown.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If Amir is willing to comeback under a new management, what domestic performances will he have to prove he is worth selection to Pakistanís ODI team?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    17,278
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Okay that makes sense but similar to Umar Gul, Imran Farhat and others there are many who continue to play domestics long after international retirement.

    Why is Mohammad Amir not playing domestic cricket?
    Itís his own choice

    Does Afridi play domestic cricket!

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Itís his own choice

    Does Afridi play domestic cricket!
    Afridi is not trying to make a comeback once the management changes. Amir expects to play zero domestic cricket over the next two months except T10 and PSL and then make a comeback to our ODI team against England?

    Color me impressed.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    17,278
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Afridi is not trying to make a comeback once the management changes. Amir expects to play zero domestic cricket over the next two months except T10 and PSL and then make a comeback to our ODI team against England?

    Color me impressed.
    PCB is not going to pick him again. You donít like the management you retire then if they go you will try to make a comeback? It doesnít work like that.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    601
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do I get the feeling that this dude will soon get caught cheating in some shady T20 circus in a remote corner of the world for a few 100 dollars. And then will finally settle in the UK, the same place that put him behind the bars.

    The guy has no moral compass. Just a little greedy, unethical, immoral human.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since he retired from international cricket and not a central contract players, he can play league cricket or domestic cricket in another country without NOC.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    21,433
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Because he always wants a shortcut to his life and his career.

    Pakistan fans, he's taken you for enough of a ride between 2010 - 2020. It's up to you to ensure that it doesn't carry on.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    PCB is not going to pick him again. You donít like the management you retire then if they go you will try to make a comeback? It doesnít work like that.
    Whether or not it works like that, Amir clearly believes it does indeed work like that. The chief selector has already been replaced, and Misbah and Waqar are on their way out by the end of this month.

    How exactly does Amir expect to get selected for our ODI team after that? T10 and T20 performances can get him a T20I comeback, but on what basis is he deserving to play an ODI?

    Or..... has he unofficially retired from ODI cricket too?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    17,278
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Whether or not it works like that, Amir clearly believes it does indeed work like that. The chief selector has already been replaced, and Misbah and Waqar are on their way out by the end of this month.

    How exactly does Amir expect to get selected for our ODI team after that? T10 and T20 performances can get him a T20I comeback, but on what basis is he deserving to play an ODI?

    Or..... has he unofficially retired from ODI cricket too?
    He should never be picked again. I donít care what he does or where he goes and PCB shouldnít either. It is his own choice.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,031
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Whether or not it works like that, Amir clearly believes it does indeed work like that. The chief selector has already been replaced, and Misbah and Waqar are on their way out by the end of this month.

    How exactly does Amir expect to get selected for our ODI team after that? T10 and T20 performances can get him a T20I comeback, but on what basis is he deserving to play an ODI?

    Or..... has he unofficially retired from ODI cricket too?
    Yesterday Wasim Khan said that PCB has full support behind Misbah and Waqar and they are not looking for any coach.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    889
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can make more money in the T10 league by bowling just 2 overs per match.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,324
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should he, when he can come back into the team by giving interviews.

    His last interview is quite direct in its promise to make a comeback if the current management are sacked to accommodate him.

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,770
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy and entitled cricketer.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,558
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Keep him rested for ICC tourneys.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,190
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heís our best bowler. Needs plenty of rest.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    As much as I hate seeing Pakistan lose, Iíll be rooting for SA to win the series. Itís the only way Misbah can get sacked, and we can have our 2nd best bowler back.


    Bring Back Umar Akmal

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,104
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He’s got to keep himself fit for T10, LPL, BPL and PSL

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    17,557
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doubt he'll be good enough for international cricket again. This is a blessing in disguise as you have on extra spot in domestic for a young talent.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,416
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mohammed Wasim was asked about Amir sahib and his answer was really good. Basically he said "what do you want me to say about a cricketer who has retired. He's retired and he's made his choice". End of.

    Amir needs to stop acting like an entitled brat just because Kohli thinks he's a good bowler. Prove it. Go and play domestics, get tons of wickets, renounce your retirement and fight for your place like a man.
    Last edited by Firebat; 18th January 2021 at 19:21.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,120
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    As much as I hate seeing Pakistan lose, I’ll be rooting for SA to win the series. It’s the only way Misbah can get sacked, and we can have our 2nd best bowler back.
    That was best but that may jopardize Muhammad Wasim as Chief selector and you will never see domestic performers selected again everything has its side effects.

    I would like to see Misbah removed and a reasonable performance.
    Last edited by b.lesner; 18th January 2021 at 18:33.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    1,283
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    If Amir is willing to comeback under a new management, what domestic performances will he have to prove he is worth selection to Pakistan’s ODI team?
    I'll tell you this right now.

    Amir's fiasco isn't going to end any time soon.

    It will take a split second for PCB to remove Misbah and co, and whoever they replace him with will be a reputable coach. He won't make pathetic decisions.

    That being said, if Amir has no performances to show, he won't get selected, and that will lead to another drama about "main is mulk ka behtareen white ball bowler hoon" etc.

    The point is that he isn't going to get selected for a few years with the stuff he's done.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    20,491
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valid question. Might be in quarantine for T10 league. He would have most likely struggled in Pakistan Cup as well and he would have squandered his reputation even further. As he has shown with his retirement, he likes to carry the facade that he is extraordinary and is only out of the team because of management/retirement and reality check he had in National T20 cup would have been too much for him to take so he is not interested in Pakistan Cup as well.

    As I have said few of times, the guy is in self denial and is not ready to look in the mirror which is the first step to sort your issues out. I hope he can take that first step as a fit and on top of his game Amir is a good watch but, at the moment he is far from that.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,021
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    As much as I hate seeing Pakistan lose, Iíll be rooting for SA to win the series. Itís the only way Misbah can get sacked, and we can have our 2nd best bowler back.
    This is the sorry state of our cricket at the moment, match fixers who we gave a 2nd chance to throwing tantrums because they think they should be the first name on the test sheet with stats that read ave : 30.47 sr : 64.0 .

    Then we have our fans hoping we lose so we can welcome him back with open arms and get rid of our coach. What kind of mentality is this honestly, no wonder why we are on a downward spiral.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    626
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be intresting to see, if the PSL franchices decide to ignore him as well, that would be the final nail in the coffin. He won't be able to just walk into England team

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,905
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bigger question is though. Are there better bowlers than current Amir even?


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    This is the sorry state of our cricket at the moment, match fixers who we gave a 2nd chance to throwing tantrums because they think they should be the first name on the test sheet with stats that read ave : 30.47 sr : 64.0 .

    Then we have our fans hoping we lose so we can welcome him back with open arms and get rid of our coach. What kind of mentality is this honestly, no wonder why we are on a downward spiral.
    I just want the best players in our country being picked in the 15 man squad, thatís all.

    Let me ask you a question, whoís our new ball bowler in the white ball format alongside Shaheen Afridi?

    And try to justify your answer, tell me why player x is better than Amir as our new ball bowler in white ball cricket.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,021
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misia View Post
    It will be intresting to see, if the PSL franchices decide to ignore him as well, that would be the final nail in the coffin. He won't be able to just walk into England team
    England wouldn't bother with him, his best bet would be a county deal, but his body can't handle the 4 day game so he will just carry on being a t20 mercenary.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    2,793
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well if he's waiting for the current management to be sacked, then it will depend on the next management if they want to select him. They could tell him to prioritise domestic cricket if he wants to return or they could just bring him back.

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    15,021
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Because he is gonna play in the UAE T10 League starting on the 28th of January.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible how Mohammad Amir acts like he never threw away the dignity of the country for a few rupees

  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,021
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    I just want the best players in our country being picked in the 15 man squad, that’s all.

    Let me ask you a question, who’s our new ball bowler in the white ball format alongside Shaheen Afridi?

    And try to justify your answer, tell me why player x is better than Amir as our new ball bowler in white ball cricket.
    I was talking predominantly about tests where he retired and now he claims he is available dependent on team management. But what has he done recently in limited overs to justify his prima donna antics. I would much rather put resources behind Hassan Ali (more potential, longer shelf life) , harris rauf, Mohammed Hasnain and look to the future. Amir is atleast 3/4 years older than his official age, his body is done. When was the last time he won a match for us ? and i would even go as far as saying our batsmen won the ct17 not him, apart from a couple overs against india in a t20. . He complains about burnout dodges our national domestic games but is always available for these silly leagues, go hammered aswel by 4th rate batsmen in the Lanka premier league. he hasn't shown anything extraordinary to warrant any special treatment.

    And the comment about hoping Pakistan lose, just to fulfill your own ego.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,453
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He probably doesn't want to.

    It's a bit weird though. He said he will earn his place back, how can he get his place back just by playing T20 leagues and T10 cricket? Doesn't make any sense to me.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cricket board will take back a played whose disgraced his country. Luckily PCB has such low standards that they did take him back out of mercy but now they should close their doors for good on this guy.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    I was talking predominantly about tests where he retired and now he claims he is available dependent on team management. But what has he done recently in limited overs to justify his prima donna antics. I would much rather put resources behind Hassan Ali (more potential, longer shelf life) , harris rauf, Mohammed Hasnain and look to the future. Amir is atleast 3/4 years older than his official age, his body is done. When was the last time he won a match for us ? and i would even go as far as saying our batsmen won the ct17 not him, apart from a couple overs against india in a t20. . He complains about burnout dodges our national domestic games but is always available for these silly leagues, go hammered aswel by 4th rate batsmen in the Lanka premier league. he hasn't shown anything extraordinary to warrant any special treatment.

    And the comment about hoping Pakistan lose, just to fulfill your own ego.
    Not sure why you were talking about test cricket, Amir has never stated that heís willing to play test cricket again.

    Hassan Ali isnít an new ball bowler, heís used in the middle overs.

    Haris Rauf is 2 years younger than Amir so how exactly is that looking into the future.

    Muhammad Husnain has shown improvements but he isnít better than Amir.

    If Amir is 3/4 years older than his official age then Haris Rauf must be 31. Sohail Khan must be 39, Wahab Riaz must be 41. Itís easy to throw numbers around without any proof.

    If you think the management was looking into the future, then they wouldnít have taken Wahab, Sohail, Abbas and Fawad Alam on tour to NZ.

    In the final of CT17, Amir won us the game, not the batsmen. India were still favourites to chase the score before their innings had started. I couldnít imagine players like Musa Khan, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain ripping through Indiaís top order, only Amir couldíve done that.
    Last edited by YousafTheBeast; 18th January 2021 at 21:34.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,778
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very confused about what caused this fall out.

    Amir retired from test cricket.

    Amir was injured in the last couple of T20s he played.

    Amir was dropped from T20s.

    There was a fall out because of it. The team management is entitled to drop him if his performances are average at best. Especially against Zimbabwe where it was an opportunity to test young bowlers.

    So why was there a fallout?

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,021
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Not sure why you were talking about test cricket, Amir has never stated that he’s willing to play test cricket again.

    Hassan Ali isn’t an new ball bowler, he’s used in the middle overs.

    Haris Rauf is 2 years younger than Amir so how exactly is that looking into the future.

    Muhammad Husnain has shown improvements but he isn’t better than Amir.

    If Amir is 3/4 years older than his official age then Haris Rauf must be 31. Sohail Khan must be 39, Wahab Riaz must be 41. It’s easy to throw numbers around without any proof.

    If you think the management was looking into the future, then they wouldn’t have taken Wahab, Sohail, Abbas and Fawad Alam on tour to NZ.

    In the final of CT17, Amir won us the game, not the batsmen. India were still favourites to chase the score before their innings had started. I couldn’t imagine players like Musa Khan, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain ripping through India’s top order, only Amir could’ve done that.
    Amir never made himself unavailable for limited overs so i can only assume he is making himself available for tests again. my apologies if that was wrong but the same applies to ODI anyways.

    Ive never called for sohail Khan or Wahab riaz inclusion, all i said was i think Haris is more of an investment as it stands because he has a better attitude and applies himself a lot more, also performance wise over the last 2 years they have performed pretty similarly, and the choice of the two i would never pick the cheater i am afraid.

    Fawad Alam et al were taken because they were the best options available, Amir hasn't been the best option for Pakistan in the last 2 years sorry to say.

    Your points could have held some weight had Amir not disgraced his country to begin with. In my opinion anyone with an ounce of potential is a better choice then some one who cheats their country for as someone mentioned on here earlier a few rupees, and not content with that humiliation he know wants to hold the countries management and selectors to ransom.

    Id prefer to move away from that if i am honest who knows when he will throw his toys out of his pram again in the future.

    Sky sports had Pak favorites, bookies had pak favorites so i don't know how you decided india were still the favourite to chase the score after our batsmen put the runs on the board. You could argue Hafeez had a bigger impact on that game. But barring that CT17 and a okay spell in the t20 win what actually has he achieved, people are talking him up like he is some kind of goat,i am just trying to understand.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    283
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Not sure why you were talking about test cricket, Amir has never stated that heís willing to play test cricket again.

    Hassan Ali isnít an new ball bowler, heís used in the middle overs.

    Haris Rauf is 2 years younger than Amir so how exactly is that looking into the future.

    Muhammad Husnain has shown improvements but he isnít better than Amir.

    If Amir is 3/4 years older than his official age then Haris Rauf must be 31. Sohail Khan must be 39, Wahab Riaz must be 41. Itís easy to throw numbers around without any proof.

    If you think the management was looking into the future, then they wouldnít have taken Wahab, Sohail, Abbas and Fawad Alam on tour to NZ.

    In the final of CT17, Amir won us the game, not the batsmen. India were still favourites to chase the score before their innings had started. I couldnít imagine players like Musa Khan, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain ripping through Indiaís top order, only Amir couldíve done that.
    That's absurd. You are just saying that to hype Amirs performance while the Match was already 90% in Pakistans favour after the target was set to 340.

    India has never chased a target of 340 or more outside India in the history of Odis and you are saying that India were favorites to create history in final of the tournament. The match was won due to the freak innings by Fakhar, followed by Hafeez. Even half decent bowling sides would defend 300+ against India outside the Bi-Laterals at home.

    The likes of NZ defended 230 against India in the Semis and you are calling India favorites while chasing a target of 340 in the finals. Hype a bowler when he defends some low score like 150-200 not mammoth 340 runs that has never been chased in the history before ( outside Bi-Laterals )
    Last edited by liam26; 18th January 2021 at 22:03.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Valid question. Might be in quarantine for T10 league. He would have most likely struggled in Pakistan Cup as well and he would have squandered his reputation even further. As he has shown with his retirement, he likes to carry the facade that he is extraordinary and is only out of the team because of management/retirement and reality check he had in National T20 cup would have been too much for him to take so he is not interested in Pakistan Cup as well.

    As I have said few of times, the guy is in self denial and is not ready to look in the mirror which is the first step to sort your issues out. I hope he can take that first step as a fit and on top of his game Amir is a good watch but, at the moment he is far from that.
    Heís in Pakistan right now practicing batting at his local ground. He can easily play for Northern if he wanted to prove his white ball credentials and prove Misbah wrong.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    I just want the best players in our country being picked in the 15 man squad, thatís all.

    Let me ask you a question, whoís our new ball bowler in the white ball format alongside Shaheen Afridi?

    And try to justify your answer, tell me why player x is better than Amir as our new ball bowler in white ball cricket.
    Amir can prove heís worth picking in List A. If we lose against SA, Amir might get a T20I call up based on PSL 6 performances. Thatís what you want, right? Fair enough.

    Fast forward a couple months to our next ODI series.

    Itís against England. In the last 2 years Amir will have played something like 50 T10 and T20 but 0 games in List A cricket.

    Will he do another drama when heís not selected for the ODI team against England?

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeymurBlake View Post
    Well if he's waiting for the current management to be sacked, then it will depend on the next management if they want to select him. They could tell him to prioritise domestic cricket if he wants to return or they could just bring him back.
    Heís already taken his retirement back (in the sense he wants to be selected once Misbah is replaced).

    So how does he plan to get selected for ODI cricket? Based on T10 performances?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Amir never made himself unavailable for limited overs so i can only assume he is making himself available for tests again. my apologies if that was wrong but the same applies to ODI anyways.

    Ive never called for sohail Khan or Wahab riaz inclusion, all i said was i think Haris is more of an investment as it stands because he has a better attitude and applies himself a lot more, also performance wise over the last 2 years they have performed pretty similarly, and the choice of the two i would never pick the cheater i am afraid.

    Fawad Alam et al were taken because they were the best options available, Amir hasn't been the best option for Pakistan in the last 2 years sorry to say.

    Your points could have held some weight had Amir not disgraced his country to begin with. In my opinion anyone with an ounce of potential is a better choice then some one who cheats their country for as someone mentioned on here earlier a few rupees, and not content with that humiliation he know wants to hold the countries management and selectors to ransom.

    Id prefer to move away from that if i am honest who knows when he will throw his toys out of his pram again in the future.

    Sky sports had Pak favorites, bookies had pak favorites so i don't know how you decided india were still the favourite to chase the score after our batsmen put the runs on the board. You could argue Hafeez had a bigger impact on that game. But barring that CT17 and a okay spell in the t20 win what actually has he achieved, people are talking him up like he is some kind of goat,i am just trying to understand.
    He said he made himself unavailable for Pakistan under the current management, because they kept taking digs at him during press conferences.

    Haris Rauf is almost the same age as Amir and heís just starting his career, I have no problem with that but thatís not what Iíd call an investment.

    If there was a young left arm bowler bowling 140kph and had the ability to swing the ball into the right hander then heíd have been picked over the likes of Wahab and Sohail, weíre running short of quality bowlers and the last thing we need is to throw a 29 year old whose won his country 2 trophies, and has still another 3-4 years left in him, we cannot afford to lose a player like Amir. Itís as simple as that.

    Amir did his time, 5 years was enough for a 17 year old who was trapped by his captain and his agent.

    If any team could chase 340 in a final itís India. Even after losing early wickets they were still in the game when Pandya was batting.


    Bring Back Umar Akmal

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,804
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Ah but it's 10 overs of bowling and his body can't take it.

    Or perhaps it's something to do with Waqar and Misbah



  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liam26 View Post
    That's absurd. You are just saying that to hype Amirs performance while the Match was already 90% in Pakistans favour after the target was set to 340.

    India has never chased a target of 340 or more outside India in the history of Odis and you are saying that India were favorites to create history in final of the tournament. The match was won due to the freak innings by Fakhar, followed by Hafeez. Even half decent bowling sides would defend 300+ against India outside the Bi-Laterals at home.

    The likes of NZ defended 230 against India in the Semis and you are calling India favorites while chasing a target of 340 in the finals. Hype a bowler when he defends some low score like 150-200 not mammoth 340 runs that has never been chased in the history before ( outside Bi-Laterals )
    Really, 90%?

    When your top 3 are Rohit Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli then of course youíll be favourites to chase 338.

    India went from 55% chance of winning to 10% after Amir ran through Indiaís top 3.

    I didnít realise India played NZ in the semis in CT17.

    The fact is before the champions trophy, everyone had written off Amir just like theyíre doing now, but time and time again Amir proves the doubters wrong.

    Weíll see in the PSL, how Amir makes Waqar and Misbah look like even bigger idiots.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Amir can prove heís worth picking in List A. If we lose against SA, Amir might get a T20I call up based on PSL 6 performances. Thatís what you want, right? Fair enough.

    Fast forward a couple months to our next ODI series.

    Itís against England. In the last 2 years Amir will have played something like 50 T10 and T20 but 0 games in List A cricket.

    Will he do another drama when heís not selected for the ODI team against England?
    How many of the current bowlers in our ODI team have been picked because of their List A performances?

    How many bowlers were picked in ODIís based on their PSL performances?

    PSL is played at much higher level than domestic list a games, I would pick a bowler in the odi squad whose taken 15+ wickets in PSL over a bowler whose taken 15+ wickets in List A. Would you do the opposite?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Ah but it's 10 overs of bowling and his body can't take it.

    Or perhaps it's something to do with Waqar and Misbah
    Ah, so Amir has to play domestic list a games to be considered for Pakistan white ball team but players like Haris Rauf and Imad Wasim can have fun in BBL and still get picked for Pakistan?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    How many of the current bowlers in our ODI team have been picked because of their List A performances?

    How many bowlers were picked in ODIís based on their PSL performances?

    PSL is played at much higher level than domestic list a games, I would pick a bowler in the odi squad whose taken 15+ wickets in PSL over a bowler whose taken 15+ wickets in List A. Would you do the opposite?
    False dilemma (binary fallacy).

    Itís not a choice between PSL and List A. Amir can play both.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,804
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I asked the Northern Head Coach if they had asked Amir to play in the Pakistan Cup.

    He said they had, but he refused and said he wanted to play in the T10 tournament.



  57. #57
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,224
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its safe to say that Amir's career is done. Even if new management comes in (which seems unlikely for the time-being) what's to say that Waseem would bring him back? Amir's decision to quit seems to have angered off alot of people. And frankly if Amir keeps playing T20 leagues and doesn't play domestic cricket at all, as you right pointed out then whatever little chance he has of returning will be buried in the dust.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    20,491
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    He can easily play for Northern if he wanted to prove his white ball credentials and prove Misbah wrong.
    Agreed. If he is Pak as you said than I am more confident of my point that he didnt want to dent his reputation further as he would have most likely struggled in Pakistan cup like he did in Nat T20 considering how flat the wickets are and he isnt in great form either. In T10 or any other league his performances will not be monitored as closely and any decent performance (Like a fifer in LPL) will get highlighted ignoring his overall struggles.

    He will try to do something in PSL to support his reputation somewhat at the same time hoping that management changes so that he can somehow get back in the team unless he doesnt want to at all.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,224
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I asked the Northern Head Coach if they had asked Amir to play in the Pakistan Cup.

    He said they had, but he refused and said he wanted to play in the T10 tournament.
    Wow. That just does it for me. I was willing to see his side of the story. But it seems this guy is just interested in making headlines and money.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    False dilemma (binary fallacy).

    Itís not a choice between PSL and List A. Amir can play both.
    Ok, so if Amir doesnít play both List A cricket and PSL then he shouldnít be picked for the ODI team? Is that the same for Imad Wasim and Haris Rauf who are both playing in the BBL? Or is it just for Amir?


    Bring Back Umar Akmal

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Wow. That just does it for me. I was willing to see his side of the story. But it seems this guy is just interested in making headlines and money.
    Is he the only Pakistani player whose chosen to play T10 over the Pak one day cup?

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,224
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Misbah has clearly said he will bring him back if he performs why is continuing to act like a premadonna? Besides its not like Misbah is the chief-selector now anyway. Mohammad Wasim was his head-coach at Northern. He knows what Amir is capable of. Yet Amir keeps echoing the same line.

    I was very supportive of Amir's stance at the beginning but his attitude comes off as downright arrogant now. Amir would not have made it back into the side without the efforts of PCB, SNGPL and the various others who gave him another chance. And for him to act like an entitled brat is pathetic.

    Fact is he said some pretty harsh things about Misbah, who like it or not, is the coach. And there is a certain way to talk to a guy who is the coach. And yet Misbah was willing to look past it all.

    Now I actually hope Amir doesn't come back. We don't these kind of entitled and arrogant players in our side. Playing for your country should be an honor and a privilege, and no one should understand this more than Amir. But clearly this is not something he values. He should atleast stop the charade and stop wasting everyone's time. I am sure he will get a great county contract that will also allow him to play T20 leagues like the South African Kolpaks.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,224
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Is he the only Pakistani player whose chosen to play T10 over the Pak one day cup?
    Doesn't matter. Fact is he is the only one who has said I will come back when the management suits me.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Doesn't matter. Fact is he is the only one who has said I will come back when the management suits me.
    When the management speaks out against you in the media, and when the management doesnít communicate with you directly then why would you want to play under them?

    If you were the PCB chairman, would you let go of a player like Amir for Misbah and Waqar?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Ok, so if Amir doesnít play both List A cricket and PSL then he shouldnít be picked for the ODI team? Is that the same for Imad Wasim and Haris Rauf who are both playing in the BBL? Or is it just for Amir?
    Thereís three reasons I can give here.

    I disagree with Imad and Rauf playing BBL but they donít have anything to prove. Amir, however is trying to prove heís fit to play ODI cricket and that Misbah, Waqar are wrong about him.

    Imad and Rauf are playing cricket, not sitting on their bums. Amir is practicing batting in the nets these days. Azam Khan, for example, is also going to play the T10 league bit he has also been playing List A games. Amir can easily have played both if he wanted to.

    Lastly, Imad already has his place established in the ODI team while Rauf has only played ODIs against Zimbabwe, and called up because of a lack of options. Even now there are a lack of new ball options after Shaheen, which strengthens Amirís case for a comeback. So instead of performing, is Amirís logic to wait for the rest to fail so that he can get called up?

    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Is he the only Pakistani player whose chosen to play T10 over the Pak one day cup?
    Again, false dichotomy, this time by Amir. He could easily have played both List A and T10 if he wanted to.

    Here are the other players who will be playing T10 and who have been playing in the Pakistan Cup:

    Asif Ali
    Usman Shinwari
    Mohammad Irfan
    Azam Khan
    Sharjeel Khan
    Amad Butt
    Waqas Maqsood
    Aamer Yamin

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,413
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I asked the Northern Head Coach if they had asked Amir to play in the Pakistan Cup.

    He said they had, but he refused and said he wanted to play in the T10 tournament.
    Why is it either or?

    Asif Ali
    Usman Shinwari
    Mohammad Irfan
    Azam Khan
    Sharjeel Khan
    Amad Butt
    Waqas Maqsood
    Aamer Yamin

    These guys are playing both.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,224
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    When the management speaks out against you in the media, and when the management doesnít communicate with you directly then why would you want to play under them?

    If you were the PCB chairman, would you let go of a player like Amir for Misbah and Waqar?
    Amir would have some moral high-ground in this if he stayed quiet. But fact of the matter is that he spoke out against Misbah and Waqar, repeatedly. The only difference is that Misbah looked past it and said I will bring him back if he performs. To which Amir echoed the same line.

    Its become patently obvious that playing for Pakistan just isn't that high on his agenda. He is making excuses and I am sure he will continue to in the future
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 19th January 2021 at 00:25.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,237
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    If Amir is willing to comeback under a new management, what domestic performances will he have to prove he is worth selection to Pakistanís ODI team?

    He will play PSL because it comes with a fat paycheck.
    But if somebody mentions that he plays for money, than he will throw a tantrum.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,804
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Why is it either or?

    Asif Ali
    Usman Shinwari
    Mohammad Irfan
    Azam Khan
    Sharjeel Khan
    Amad Butt
    Waqas Maqsood
    Aamer Yamin

    These guys are playing both.
    Yes.

    In my opinion, no excuse not to play in both.



  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Thereís three reasons I can give here.

    I disagree with Imad and Rauf playing BBL but they donít have anything to prove. Amir, however is trying to prove heís fit to play ODI cricket and that Misbah, Waqar are wrong about him.

    Imad and Rauf are playing cricket, not sitting on their bums. Amir is practicing batting in the nets these days. Azam Khan, for example, is also going to play the T10 league bit he has also been playing List A games. Amir can easily have played both if he wanted to.

    Lastly, Imad already has his place established in the ODI team while Rauf has only played ODIs against Zimbabwe, and called up because of a lack of options. Even now there are a lack of new ball options after Shaheen, which strengthens Amirís case for a comeback. So instead of performing, is Amirís logic to wait for the rest to fail so that he can get called up?



    Again, false dichotomy, this time by Amir. He could easily have played both List A and T10 if he wanted to.

    Here are the other players who will be playing T10 and who have been playing in the Pakistan Cup:

    Asif Ali
    Usman Shinwari
    Mohammad Irfan
    Azam Khan
    Sharjeel Khan
    Amad Butt
    Waqas Maqsood
    Aamer Yamin

    They donít have anything to prove?

    Imad is picked as an All rounder, although his batting stat in ODIís are good, heís averaging 44 with the ball. Surely heíd want to play in the One Day cup to show the selectors that he can still bowl well in List A cricket?

    Haris Rauf has only played 2 ODIís, and 4 List A games, he hasnít proven anything to be picked for ODIís.

    I agree that Amir should be playing List A cricket to make a statement, and to show the selectors why he should be picked. But, it still doesnít seem right when players who havenít solidified their spots in the ODI team can go play in foreign leagues and still get picked but Amir gets scrutinised for doing the same.


    Bring Back Umar Akmal

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Amir would have some moral high-ground in this if he stayed quiet. But fact of the matter is that he spoke out against Misbah and Waqar, repeatedly. The only difference is that Misbah looked past it and said I will bring him back if he performs. To which Amir echoed the same line.

    Its become patently obvious that playing for Pakistan just isn't that high on his agenda. He is making excuses and I am sure he will continue to in the future
    Amir is just getting one back at the management.

    Misbah and Waqar have both spoken out against Amir, so why canít Amir speak back?

  72. #72
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    27,675
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Iím not certain but I feel @Indianfan warned of something like this in 2016.. Amirís attitude

  73. #73
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,690
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    I’m not certain but I feel @Indianfan warned of something like this in 2016.. Amir’s attitude
    Yes Indianfan was very sensible about the fact that team discipline, ethics comes above everything. He highlighted and explained when Pakistani fans were advocating for Asif to be spared that the PCB's refusal or inability to take strict action against Asif early in his career eventually led to Asif not only falling prey to his demons but he ended up taking down a young 18 year Amir down with him. He said that making an exception for Amir will be sending the wrong message and will bite the PCB badly going forward. His prediction has indeed come true

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    3,224
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Amir is just getting one back at the management.

    Misbah and Waqar have both spoken out against Amir, so why canít Amir speak back?
    This is a hilarious take. Is Amir in it to represent his country or get potshots at the management? He said his peace, now he is just behaving arrogantly. Fact is management does not have alot to lose in this. Amir is a great limited-overs bowler but he is not irreplaceable. Its not like Pakistan is losing 2010 Amir or Shaheen, who plays all the formats and is pound for pound the most important bowler we have right now. At the end of the day, the biggest loser in this whole thing is Amir.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    15,739
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Id personally hope after all these shenanigans that amir has played his last match for pakistan and that hes never selected again

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    2,076
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Not sure why you were talking about test cricket, Amir has never stated that heís willing to play test cricket again.

    Hassan Ali isnít an new ball bowler, heís used in the middle overs.

    Haris Rauf is 2 years younger than Amir so how exactly is that looking into the future.

    Muhammad Husnain has shown improvements but he isnít better than Amir.

    If Amir is 3/4 years older than his official age then Haris Rauf must be 31. Sohail Khan must be 39, Wahab Riaz must be 41. Itís easy to throw numbers around without any proof.

    If you think the management was looking into the future, then they wouldnít have taken Wahab, Sohail, Abbas and Fawad Alam on tour to NZ.

    In the final of CT17, Amir won us the game, not the batsmen. India were still favourites to chase the score before their innings had started. I couldnít imagine players like Musa Khan, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain ripping through Indiaís top order, only Amir couldíve done that.
    Oh bhai that was nearly 4 years ago.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    This is a hilarious take. Is Amir in it to represent his country or get potshots at the management? He said his peace, now he is just behaving arrogantly. Fact is management does not have alot to lose in this. Amir is a great limited-overs bowler but he is not irreplaceable. Its not like Pakistan is losing 2010 Amir or Shaheen, who plays all the formats and is pound for pound the most important bowler we have right now. At the end of the day, the biggest loser in this whole thing is Amir.
    One could also talk about how poorly the management handled an important player. Did Waqar need to take a dig at Amir in the media? If he can do that with Amir then whatís stopping him from taking a dig at other players in the team in the future?

    If Amir didnít want to play for his country he wouldíve stayed quiet about not being selected for the NZ tour. He couldíve retired and quietly went on about his business because heíll earn more by playing in leagues than he will playing for Pakistan.

    The biggest loser is Pakistan cricket, not Amir. We gain nothing from his ďretirementĒ.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post
    Oh bhai that was nearly 4 years ago.
    I didnít start the CT17 debate.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think amir is interested in domestic cricket

    He wants to be in t20 pakistan team and play t20 league cricket . Thats where the money is so he's probably at the stage of his career he knows he only has a few years to cash in

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,250
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir has been given opportunities since he was very young.

    He feels a sense of entitlement at this point that is not sensible to the average person.

    He never had to put in the hard yards such as someone as like Abbas. Just imagine, if Amir had a season like Hasan, how could he possibly be kept away from the team? Obviously, he had one in 2015 that fast-tracked calls for him to return.

    What does Amir owe Pakistan cricket? Nothing but also, everything.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •