Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Face Mask 'Police'

Apology issued over misunderstanding of face mask exemption in Sandwell store

Earlier today a video was shared of our officers challenging a man in Sainsburyís, Oldbury, who was not wearing a face mask and he was asked to leave the store.

We believe this happened sometime last month.

Weíre committed to keeping our communities safe from the deadly virus, however on this occasion, we got this wrong as the man told us that he was exempt.

We stated that it was a legal requirement for an exemption card or badge to be shown. This was incorrect and the officers have misinterpreted the guidance.

We sincerely apologise for any distress and upset we have caused to the man and his wife.
    https://west-midlands.police.uk/news...sandwell-store

Has anybody faced the growing trend of ignorant, uneducated cops forcing people to wear masks when they are expemt? The above is one example of how they have got things horribly wrong.

We also have citizens thinking they are the law but starting fights/arguments with anyone without a face covering.

I've never worn a mask but to comply with the law(now), I use a scarf, it's cold anyway. Earlier on when it wasnt required, I was in a supermarket and some old fella asked me why I wasnt wearing a mask, in rude manner. My reply was simple and straight forward, he ran off. But others have found abuse and violence towards them.

If you suffer from illnesses which mean wearing a mask can cause you distress/illness, you are exempt. Go to the government(UK) website and download the exempt pass.

If you see someone without a mask, remember you are not the police. If you are the police, use some intelligece and get rid of your power trips as people may be exempt.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Police and stores are well within their rights to demand to see exempt passes though. Do you agree?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    KKWC - do you feel manly and brave when you donít wear a mask? Do you feel emasculated when you have to wear a mask?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good on the police to enforce such a law strictly. Those who refuse to wear a mask should be fined heavily.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post

Has anybody faced the growing trend of ignorant, uneducated cops forcing people to wear masks when they are expemt? The above is one example of how they have got things horribly wrong.

We also have citizens thinking they are the law but starting fights/arguments with anyone without a face covering.

I've never worn a mask but to comply with the law(now), I use a scarf, it's cold anyway. Earlier on when it wasnt required, I was in a supermarket and some old fella asked me why I wasnt wearing a mask, in rude manner. My reply was simple and straight forward, he ran off. But others have found abuse and violence towards them.

If you suffer from illnesses which mean wearing a mask can cause you distress/illness, you are exempt. Go to the government(UK) website and download the exempt pass.

If you see someone without a mask, remember you are not the police. If you are the police, use some intelligece and get rid of your power trips as people may be exempt.
    You squared up to an old man?

Better luck next time

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless someone has a medical issue they really should wear a mask. It doesn’t make anyone “cool” or “manly” to ignore health guidelines in middle of a pandemic.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    You squared up to an old man?
    Exactly what I was thinking man, felt kinda disgusted

But I hope it's not true tho...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are already getting fined for not wearing masks in uni. UK needs to catch up .

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Wear a mask stop the spread what is so complicated about it ?

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here, everybody aged two or above needs a mask. If not, pay a fine of HK$5000. I have not seen anybody not wearing a mask since the pandemic began.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

We now have the worst death rate in the world, due to this incompetent useless government. That is where things went horribly wrong.

Shame on anyone who wonít wear a mask without a medical reason. Shame on anti-vaxxers. They are killing us.
    Last edited by Robert; 19th January 2021 at 13:55.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a bit sceptical about Covid ( still followed the regulations) but recently some young and fit members of my family got it and it was frightening. It genuinley laid them out for two weeks and it was touch and go for a while. Thankfully they are recovering and hopefully getting back to normal.

I never understood the people who deliberately didnt wear a mask because of 'civil liberties'. Its such a small thing to do and I found the fact they were taking such a silly stand amusing. Now it angers me and I hope they do get fined for putting themselves and others at risk.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So OP is an anti vaxxer and anti masker. What a hero.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The OP, again, has scored his own goal. ;)

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heroes of the pandemic

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    We now have the worst death rate in the world, due to this incompetent useless government. That is where things went horribly wrong.

Shame on anyone who won’t wear a mask without a medical reason. Shame on anti-vaxxers. They are killing us.
    These bloody anti-vaxxers seem to have infiltrated the Asian community. Lots of fake news about the vaccine stopping people have kids, containing pork or beef and all sorts of other rubbish.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Petition has been filed in IHC over unIslamic COVID-19 vaccine

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    These bloody anti-vaxxers seem to have infiltrated the Asian community. Lots of fake news about the vaccine stopping people have kids, containing pork or beef and all sorts of other rubbish.
    This is totally ridiculous, the fake news I mean. The vaccine is simply a neutered version of the virus nothing more. It's sad people are losing lives over this.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    This is totally ridiculous, the fake news I mean. The vaccine is simply a neutered version of the virus nothing more. It's sad people are losing lives over this.
    It really is sad isnt it. In my own family many 'aunties' are spreading the fake news about it stopping people having kids. I was speaking to a few friends who said that these views are rampant in Bradford, Blackburn etc.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see issue in exemption but if a store doesn't let you in because you don't wear a mask, they should be allowed too. Exemption shouldn't give automatic access.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    It has been over a year, and some people still think masks are not necessary and do not dramatically reduce the chances of transmission.

Incredible.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before jumping the gun with masks, consider the following facts:

Number of people wearing masks is not inversely proportional to number of people contracting the virus. In my area people are wearing masks outdoors, but we were shoved into Tier 4 etc.

The next fact which is important of them all - schools. Schools were open, and children were transmitting the virus from home (where no mask is needed), and of course once in the classroom etc, would transmit the virus to other kids, who would then go home and infect their families.

For this reason masks are not effective in the long run cos ultimatley if you have a child going to school chances are high of contracting the virus despite wearing a mask in public.

The idea of keeping the schools open was down to herd immunity, and if this is the tactic, then there's no point wearing a mask, not for parents anyway.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you wear a mask not to protect yourself but to stop spreading your own germs, so if im wearing a mask I don't like it if the next person isn't.
    They need to spot fine people heavily to enforce the law,

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exemption passes should have been provided by GPs rather than being freely available for any old conspiracy to download.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of ignorance, do you suffer from any illnesses that prevent you from wearing a mask?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I don't see issue in exemption but if a store doesn't let you in because you don't wear a mask, they should be allowed too. Exemption shouldn't give automatic access.
    I am no doctor, of course there may be some medical conditions but the majority of people who don't wear face masks are just trying to make some useless point. Lots of people claim it gives them anxiety which I think is just an excuse. It's just people posturing mainly.

If you have some sort of illness that facemask to the extent that a simple cloth affects your breathing you shouldn't really be going out and about to busy places in the pandemic. It's illogical.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who wear glasses and wear masks can find the experience extremely challenging. Steamed up glasses with a mask is not pleasant can indeed lead to anxiety if you depend on your glasses 100% of the time.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    People who wear glasses and wear masks can find the experience extremely challenging. Steamed up glasses with a mask is not pleasant can indeed lead to anxiety if you depend on your glasses 100% of the time.
    Sounds like a snow flakey excuse. They can wear the facr visor or alternatives.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If someone is too anxious to wear a mask or covering when out and about then perhaps they should just stay at home. I mean what else are they going to get anxious about when out of their home?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you wear glasses? If not, you got no idea. And even with a screen, breathing from the nose can steam up the screen too.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Iíve heard death is an unpleasant and challenging experience too.

But, at least your glasses wonít steam up.

Or you could just attach some tape to stick the top of the mask to your cheek, hence stopping your lens from fogging over.

I take it Alex Jones and his ilk havenít released a video on that?

Better luck next time

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    KKWC - do you feel manly and brave when you don’t wear a mask? Do you feel emasculated when you have to wear a mask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking man, felt kinda disgusted

But I hope it's not true tho...

Shame on anyone who won’t wear a mask without a medical reason. Shame on anti-vaxxers. They are killing us.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    Outside of ignorance, do you suffer from any illnesses that prevent you from wearing a mask?
    lol. Some idiotic comments here.

The law is to wear a FACE COVERING, which I do when the law requires this of me. Face covering doesnt need to be a mask.

lol. No I dont need to square up to and old man, I simply told him he's not the police.

There are many out there who cant wear a face covering due to medical reasons, they have a right to be exempt as per the law. No they shouldnt be forced to stay in as they have a right to live their life as others do.

Its funny to see so many deluded people with little or knowledge of the law or the pandemic.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Before jumping the gun with masks, consider the following facts:

Number of people wearing masks is not inversely proportional to number of people contracting the virus. In my area people are wearing masks outdoors, but we were shoved into Tier 4 etc.

The next fact which is important of them all - schools. Schools were open, and children were transmitting the virus from home (where no mask is needed), and of course once in the classroom etc, would transmit the virus to other kids, who would then go home and infect their families.

For this reason masks are not effective in the long run cos ultimatley if you have a child going to school chances are high of contracting the virus despite wearing a mask in public.

The idea of keeping the schools open was down to herd immunity, and if this is the tactic, then there's no point wearing a mask, not for parents anyway.
    Children under 12 are not required to a wear a mask, yet as you were transmitting the disease to their parents.

The whole thing is a farce but the problem is you have idiots with lack of knowledge of the law and pandemic, they are like sheep following whatever the government tells them to do. People need to use their own brains, if they have some cells in order to protect themselves and their family.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The law is face coverings, this could be a scarf or any material covering the face and nose. Why should they wear a sheild?

Besides its said the virus can transmit through the eyes, so face coverings dont fully protect you or others.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah it’s not easy. Industrial masks don’t have this problem though, if you can get one.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wonder how many peoples lives your behaviour has endangered.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    I wonder how many peoples lives your behaviour has endangered.
    He is covering his face as per Govt guidelines - what's the issue?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to use their own brains, if they have some cells in order to protect themselves and their family.
    What are these steps?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What are these steps?
    Build your immune system, work together you so you dont need everyone to go out and interact with others. Common sense really but you're welcome.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I said a shield or alternatives, if a scarf is acceptable ( im not sure it is) and comfortable then sure why not.
    Scarf is a face covering. It could be nappy if you like, again common sense.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Thread will be binned soon if personal attacks continue and posters banned.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am a glasses wearer. Was really struggling at first, particularly when wearing cloth masks. But the standard blue disposable masks with the string are spot on. They have an internal mesh strip across the top, which can be fit tightly over the bridge of your nose and moulded to fit. I can then rest my glasses on top of this mesh: no more steaming up, and a comfortable mask.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blue disposable work better

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Good on the police to enforce such a law strictly. Those who refuse to wear a mask should be fined heavily.
    Agreed

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    If someone is too anxious to wear a mask or covering when out and about then perhaps they should just stay at home. I mean what else are they going to get anxious about when out of their home?

Lets have some critical thinking here.

Show me the laser images of INHALING. Ever question this?

I need not remind you, GPs are protected from top to bottom, masks and all, yet still can contract the virus and have died from the virus.

Let me know when you find something on Google.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Children under 12 are not required to a wear a mask, yet as you were transmitting the disease to their parents.

The whole thing is a farce but the problem is you have idiots with lack of knowledge of the law and pandemic, they are like sheep following whatever the government tells them to do. People need to use their own brains, if they have some cells in order to protect themselves and their family.
    No one in this thread has addressed the point of schools, and children who are super-spreaders.

Children don't wear a mask, have a higher chance of immunity, yet can transmit the virus at home without knowing.

I want to hear from pro-mask supporters why Schools were open during tier 4 lockdowns.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is thread is a testament why so many Brits are losing their lives due to COVID-19.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build your immune system, work together you so you dont need everyone to go out and interact with others. Common sense really but you're welcome.
    How does one 'build their immune system', and why isn't this the prevailing tactic used for stopping pandemics and contagious disease in general?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    How does one 'build their immune system', and why isn't this the prevailing tactic used for stopping pandemics and contagious disease in general?
    this is 5th generation warfare. Hard for people to understand

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Despite all these common sense comments, UK is losing 1300 people per day.

Best way to build your immune system is get the vaccine. You will be 90% resistant.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    this is 5th generation warfare.
    I don’t understand this term. Please can you explain?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to build your immune system is get the vaccine. You will be 90% resistant.
    Survival rate is higher than 90% without the vaccine.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And? That's still millions dying globally without it.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think we have got to the point where if you are exempt then the onus is on you to prove why. UK has the worst death rate in the world yet there's too many people worried about offending, or infringement of human rights bla bla. Normally i would agree however we are in an emergency 1500 ppl dying a day in the UK we need army on the streets for at least 2/3 weeks sending people home, most of london is carrying on as normal and a lot of business are know too exploiting the loophole of essential retailers to remain open for business.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least this post is true to character, gotta give OP that

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one in this thread has addressed the point of schools, and children who are super-spreaders.

Children don't wear a mask, have a higher chance of immunity, yet can transmit the virus at home without knowing.

I want to hear from pro-mask supporters why Schools were open during tier 4 lockdowns.
    How are masks and schools linked? This is about taking precautions as best as possible. Of course, there are things that could be done better but that doesn't mean that we abandon everything else does it.

The government made a mistake on schools but finally reacted and they are now closed. That is the fault of the tories nothing to do with masks.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By not wearing masks and picking fights with old men

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are masks and schools linked? This is about taking precautions as best as possible. Of course, there are things that could be done better but that doesn't mean that we abandon everything else does it.

The government made a mistake on schools but finally reacted and they are now closed. That is the fault of the tories nothing to do with masks.
    I just explained how wearing masks and schools are linked. Kids go to school, no masks, super spreaders, come home, spread the virus. What is the point of a parent wearing a mask in public (note I used the term parent in my previous post).

The schools will reopen again, even under lockdown of sorts, and again, if you have kids, you will know the schools will be open soon for one main reason as before, testing centres. In fact schools are open for children who are vunerable right now.

Testing centres at schools will then identify which child has C19, and the schools can link to an address, and hey presto, now a database is built marking postcodes with infections. How do you think the government divided the country into Tiers? Abracadabra?

Remember, it was WHO and their misinformation from the onset that largly contributed to the mess we are in. It was WHO that stated the virus cannot be transmitted from human to human thus masks are not necessary, but made a U-turn, it was WHO that recommended herd immunity and made a U-turn. This is why WHO were accused of colluding with China.

And finally, yes we can blame the government, but during a full lockdown the economy was decimated. Aviation, hospitality, retail - sectors destroyed and with it familes and their livelihoods.

I will ask you the same question that I ask anyone who solely put the blame on the goverment. What would you have done if you were PM of this country, trying to balance the fight against the virus while keeping the economy alive, on the back of shoddy information from WHO?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    And? That's still millions dying globally without it.
    Yup. The lack of empathy and disregard for human life I have seen from some people during this pandemic has truly disgusted me

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Remember, it was WHO and their misinformation from the onset that largly contributed to the mess we are in. It was WHO that stated the virus cannot be transmitted from human to human thus masks are not necessary, but made a U-turn, it was WHO that recommended herd immunity and made a U-turn. This is why WHO were accused of colluding with China.

And finally, yes we can blame the government, but during a full lockdown the economy was decimated. Aviation, hospitality, retail - sectors destroyed and with it familes and their livelihoods.

I will ask you the same question that I ask anyone who solely put the blame on the goverment. What would you have done if you were PM of this country, trying to balance the fight against the virus while keeping the economy alive, on the back of shoddy information from WHO?
    The WHO stated that there was no clear evidence that the virus was transmitted from human to human in Wuhan, a statement that was true at the time with evidence of it becoming available several days later. This statement wasn't in any way linked to mask wearing. The statement (and the evidence of human to human transmission becoming available several days later) occurred in mid-January, weeks before the first identified case in the UK.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    97.5% given current figures. So 2.5% of people who catch it will die. That's potentially 1.6 million premature deaths in the UK. 1.6 million funerals - all those relatives and friends in desperate pain.

Then add all the corresponding misery from loss of homes, businesses, jobs to that. Massive government borrowing resulting in reduced services.

We all have to get the vaccine as fast as possible to start to get on top of this.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    97.5% given current figures. So 2.5% of people who catch it will die. That's potentially 1.6 million premature deaths in the UK. 1.6 million funerals - all those relatives and friends in desperate pain.

Then add all the corresponding misery from loss of homes, businesses, jobs to that. Massive government borrowing resulting in reduced services.

We all have to get the vaccine as fast as possible to start to get on top of this.
    We don't even know if the vaccine works; the approvals were fast tracked.

It will be months before we get any meaningful data on the various vaccines.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t understand this term. Please can you explain?
    Biological warfare.

The most dangerous kind there is. You cannot fight what you cannot see.

Kills people while maintaining infrastructre etc. Most effective unlike traditional bombs etc which destroy buildings, roads, etc.

Combine this with currency wars, and you have the perfect weapon, at minimal cost that can destroy societies without leaving a trace.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enforced negative PCR tests for entrants to the UK.

Stricter (but hopefully shorter) lockdown. Every man and his dog became a key worker during the lockdowns. It was staggering! Apart from hospitality most businesses carried on as normal. The lockdown should have been short and snappy. I feel we were in limbo a lot neither a full lockdown or fully open.

Testing capacity was incredibly poor at the start. I was genuinley disappointed at how poorly we performed at the start.

Schools closed for the duration of all lockdowns.

Would these things have made an impact? Who knows? But I think we were too slow and complacent at the start.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stricter (but hopefully shorter) lockdown. Every man and his dog became a key worker during the lockdowns. It was staggering! Apart from hospitality most businesses carried on as normal. The lockdown should have been short and snappy. I feel we were in limbo a lot neither a full lockdown or fully open.

Testing capacity was incredibly poor at the start. I was genuinley disappointed at how poorly we performed at the start.

Would these things have made an impact? Who knows? But I think we were too slow and complacent at the start.
    The borders should have been closed right at the start of the pandemic, and any new arrivals should have gone into a forced period of 14 day quarantine.

Instead people coming from all corners of the world into Heathrow, many carrying the virus, they were free to get on the london underground without any checks and probably without any PPE and boom they're free to go and infect , even to this day this practice is still happening. If you can't even get that bit right how are you going to solve the rest of the crisis.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Also to add, when people were dying Boris was busy shaking hands with patients in March bragging he doesn't need protection. This was the attitude he had. Its only when he almost died himself he changed his attitude. I know poorer Eastern European nations who viciously clamped down on the virus as soon as it became big news took control of it, in the UK TO THIS DAY, some people think its banter or a conspiracy theory.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is right now the economy is a mess, the virus is out of control UK has the worst death rate in the world. I think people are very right to point fingers at this government and they need to be held accountable, there's "3rd world" countries who the UK used to look down on dealing with this pandemic better than us.

You create a track and trace system that does not work, give the contract to your friends when google and apple were ready to step in with ready made products, you dont have PPE resources at the ready and when you need to order more you call on another friend who doesn't even make PPE and you give him a £2/3 million contract. Plenty more reasons/examples available.

You just have to look at the smug interviews people like Hancock and Priti Patel are still doing , I don't think this government could be more incompetent if it tried, and that's putting it lightly.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít understand this term. Please can you explain?
    Itís a joke. Google lal topi.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    The borders should have been closed right at the start of the pandemic, and any new arrivals should have gone into a forced period of 14 day quarantine.

Instead people coming from all corners of the world into Heathrow, many carrying the virus, they were free to get on the london underground without any checks and probably without any PPE and boom they're free to go and infect , even to this day this practice is still happening. If you can't even get that bit right how are you going to solve the rest of the crisis.
    Borders and flights from China should've been closed, but when suggested, the LL shouted 'racists'.

Democrats and Labour were the first to play the racist card. Now that the damage is done, they say action was delayed.

All politics.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to read up, its always advised to build your immune system in any pandemic. This can be done naturally by not eating rubbish, exercising, sleeping and many other things.

The natural immune system if strong is far better than a rushed through vaccine, which isnt guaranteed to work and not guaranteed to stop you passing it on.

People need to put their facist foolish mindsets to one side. You have no right to tell others what to do or what do inject into their bodies. As long anyone is not breaking the law, they can do what they like.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to read up, its always advised to build your immune system in any pandemic. This can be done naturally by not eating rubbish, exercising, sleeping and many other things.

The natural immune system if strong is far better than a rushed through vaccine, which isnt guaranteed to work and not guaranteed to stop you passing it on.

People need to put their facist foolish mindsets to one side. You have no right to tell others what to do or what do inject into their bodies. As long anyone is not breaking the law, they can do what they like.
    What many people do not realise is that people in the West are hooked on prescription drugs from an earlier stage in life. (Big pharma is big business). The human body is then reliant on said drug which prevents the natural immune system to develop and mature.

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of covid victims were on a litany of prescription drugs.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What many people do not realise is that people in the West are hooked on prescription drugs from an earlier stage in life. (Big pharma is big business). The human body is then reliant on said drug which prevents the natural immune system to develop and mature.

It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of covid victims were on a litany of prescription drugs.
    They also eat a lot of rubbish, it's no coincidence there are so many fat people walking around the Europe and USA. Westerners also seem to be more unhygenic, many dont even wash their hands after the toilet and live in filthy homes. The west is killing itself in many ways.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also eat a lot of rubbish, it's no coincidence there are so many fat people walking around the Europe and USA. Westerners also seem to be more unhygenic, many dont even wash their hands after the toilet and live in filthy homes. The west is killing itself in many ways.
    I mean you got a point there...

Some kind of lifestyle changes for people all over the world should be looked at after this pandemic

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Borders and flights from China should've been closed, but when suggested, the LL shouted 'racists'.

Democrats and Labour were the first to play the racist card. Now that the damage is done, they say action was delayed.

All politics.
    Any links to say Labour opposed closing airspace? Most of what I read was internal Tory opposition to any closures.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    I mean you got a point there...

Some kind of lifestyle changes for people all over the world should be looked at after this pandemic
    Out of interest, where you live in US, do you see a lot of obese people slowly walking around?

Over 73% of U.S. Adults Overweight or Obese
    — Obesity rate up by half since 1999-2000, NHANES data indicate; nearly 10% severely obese
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/primarycare/obesity/90142

These people are at a big risk from many illnesses. Wearing a mask wont save them.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Out of interest, where you live in US, do you see a lot of obese people slowly walking around?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/primarycare/obesity/90142

These people are at a big risk from many illnesses. Wearing a mask wont save them.
    So because some people may be at slightly higher risk of other illnesses we shouldn't do what we can to help prevent them getting covid...?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So because some people may be at slightly higher risk of other illnesses we shouldn't do what we can to help prevent them getting covid...?
    Slightly? Obesity increases your chances of illness much folds. I can list all the diseases related to it if you prefer. Now we have Covid, multiple studies have showed obesity makes you very vunerable to serious effects of this, while fit, healthy people may only see minimal, minor symptoms.

Before expecting others to help them, people should help themselves first.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Slightly? Obesity increases your chances of illness much folds. I can list all the diseases related to it if you prefer. Now we have Covid, multiple studies have showed obesity makes you very vunerable to serious effects of this, while fit, healthy people may only see minimal, minor symptoms.

Before expecting others to help them, people should help themselves first.
    And how about helping out those that aren't obese? You know, the majority of the population...

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All politics.
    Exactly, when it was time to get real bojo and his team started playing political games. Focused too much trying to be seen as a modern day Churchill but he’s ended up looking like a pillock

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And how about helping out those that aren't obese? You know, the majority of the population...
    Thats the governments job and for the public to force them to. Everyone else only have to follow the laws of the land, nothing else. UK has the highest death rate on the planet right now. Yet nobody is holding Boris the clown and his government to account. They have destroyed the health service, destroyed the economy now and are responsible for many of those deaths.

Perhaps some people should spend more time lobbying, complaining to the government instead of blaming other members of the public who are following the laws.