Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was the 4th Test vs Australia the most widely supported Indian match by Pakistani fans?

While I have always seen congratulations being offered after India's more famous wins back in the day - this was the first time I thought - a vast majority of Pakistani fans - were rooting for an Indian victory.

Is it because of the way India bounced back after the battering in Adelaide in that freak session and the fact that the youngsters really performed beyond expectations?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't remember anyone rooting for it. India is our rival so I don't root for them but I am man enough to admit they played fantastic and their fans deserve the glory that comes with it.

While we trod along with dinosaurs as coaches and failed geriatrics in our team

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    I don't remember anyone rooting for it. India is our rival so I don't root for them but I am man enough to admit they played fantastic and their fans deserve the glory that comes with it.

Thank you. I saw in the commentary thread - quite a few Pakistani fans wanting Australia to lose - I guess I inferred it as rooting for India. Thanks for the clarification though.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have rooted Pakistan against SENA in SENA. rivalry aside, Asian Bloc always means somethign to me.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No , I was desperate for an Australia win or even a draw.
    Great work by India.
    Unbelievable fight. Found themselves in really rubbish positions throughout the series but kept managed to come through.
    They just finished the Aussies off, they have some serious rebuilding to do.
    They only have 5 proper test match cricketers in my eyes

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wanting an India win they deserved it the way they played India Pakistan should be friends and support each other.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted india to win. Because of the background stories of Siraj, his father, abuse, not wanting to go to Gabba, injuries etc etc

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think you will see a part of the PAK bloc support IND and for that matter most Asian teams (PAK, IND, BAN, SRL) in SENA.

On top of that, unfortunately not a fan of AUS and their crude style of play hardly ever have I rooted for them.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to watch as a neutral fan but seeing how Siraj lost his dad and came and performed for his country made me cheer for India. I also really liked the way Pujara showed heart(he got hammered by the aussie fast bowlers). This indian team is really likeable. shout out to Pant too.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas_alexandar View Post
    While I have always seen congratulations being offered after India's more famous wins back in the day - this was the first time I thought - a vast majority of Pakistani fans - were rooting for an Indian victory.

Is it because of the way India bounced back after the battering in Adelaide in that freak session and the fact that the youngsters really performed beyond expectations?
    ICC World Cup 2019. Pakistan needed India to beat England to qualify for the semis. I'm sure the whole of Pakistan was hoping for an India win that day.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any fan would feel sorry for this side. This was basically a T20 bowling unit except one bowler Siraj who is a rookie himself.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's natural for me to root for the underdog. Have always done that. India, even though a very strong team, was an underdog in this series and that's why I was supporting them throughout the series.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure wanted India to win. Dont care much about the politics (I am American) & what can i say, i am a true sucker for the underdog! Plus it is very satisfying to see the arrogant Aussies being owned up by a makeshift team in their so-called fortress.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    As a neutral fan watching the series was full of great cricket and india deservedly won.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wasn't exactly rooting for India. I must admit that it depresses me seeing how blatantly clear, obvious it is on how India is the number one side in the world whereas Pakistan is in the bottom 3 in all formats, but you can only admire the amount of hard work, planning, money the BCCI and other stakeholders put in Indian Cricket in the last 20-25 years to see the rewards today

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    No one is supporting them. The fans have been humbled after the eggs on their faces after their premature celebrations after Adelaide.

No one in their wildest dreams envisioned India to win the series from that point, let alone without their first-choice team.

This series has been a nightmare for our fans.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis always support India. There is more love than hatred here. We love our brothers and admire the heights Indian cricket has reached - thereís no politics involved.

Youíll be interested in knowing that even Pakistani domestic cricketers who have matches going on these days like Salman Ali Agha and Adnan Akmal were watching this series extremely closely.

Agha didnít even know he was selected for the Pakistan test team because he was busy watching this match on his phone.

There is a genuine, genuine brotherhood that should be there and is felt by Pakistanis almost unanimously, which is why it often stings these days when news comes out such as today with India potentially sidelining the Asia Cup.

In terms of pure numbers, more Pakistanis were watching the India vs England WC game since that included casual fans too. But trust me, even after that 36 every single Pakistani watching this series has admired every second of Indian grit, determination, and excellence.

My heart broke seeing Siraj weep during the national anthem, and my excitement rushed watching the making of two proper batting superstars in Shubman Gill and Rishabh Pant.

I also still maintain that we would love to have Prithvi Shaw if you donít want him.

Point being, a well deserved and hard fought victory for India in honestly one of the most spectacular away wins for any team, ever, considering the circumstances of injury and the grander context following the 36 all out.

Watching Ashwin bat his heart out, Rahane lead from the front as captain, Natarajan emerge gloriously from such a humble background, what can I say.

Very happy for Indian cricket today. Long may it continue.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The last time I rooted for Pakistan was when Abdul Razzaq was still playing. Never ever since then.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and other posters with similar ideas do deserve credit for acknowledging a good performance even when it comes from a bitter rival. There is a humble lesson for many on either side from what you said.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats India incredible victory which will be remembered for long time to come. This shows the character and mindset Indian cricketers have. From 36 all out to 2-1 win. Misbah and co can only dream of something like this.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience on this forum has been overwhelmingly positive; almost every Pakistani poster supported India (except for the odd one or two). So, a big thank you from the bottom of my heart. We are brothers, after all.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Pakistani fans cheering for India

Reminds me of 2002 when I was cheering Pakistan in that epic ODI series in Australia which Shoaib Akhtar won for Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was well and truly rooting for an Indian win this test. The character that they have shown this series with so many first-choice players missing standing up to the bullies of world cricket should make any neutral fall in love with this team.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Pakistanis always support India. There is more love than hatred here. We love our brothers and admire the heights Indian cricket has reached - there’s no politics involved.

You’ll be interested in knowing that even Pakistani domestic cricketers who have matches going on these days like Salman Ali Agha and Adnan Akmal were watching this series extremely closely.

Agha didn’t even know he was selected for the Pakistan test team because he was busy watching this match on his phone.

There is a genuine, genuine brotherhood that should be there and is felt by Pakistanis almost unanimously, which is why it often stings these days when news comes out such as today with India potentially sidelining the Asia Cup.

In terms of pure numbers, more Pakistanis were watching the India vs England WC game since that included casual fans too. But trust me, even after that 36 every single Pakistani watching this series has admired every second of Indian grit, determination, and excellence.

My heart broke seeing Siraj weep during the national anthem, and my excitement rushed watching the making of two proper batting superstars in Shubman Gill and Rishabh Pant.

I also still maintain that we would love to have Prithvi Shaw if you don’t want him.

Point being, a well deserved and hard fought victory for India in honestly one of the most spectacular away wins for any team, ever, considering the circumstances of injury and the grander context following the 36 all out.

Watching Ashwin bat his heart out, Rahane lead from the front as captain, Natarajan emerge gloriously from such a humble background, what can I say.

If Pakistanis always support India, they would not be dancing after the Adelaide Test and will not take shots at India at every opportunity that they get, which usually happens when a superior team than Pakistan is doing what Pakistan is not capable of.

They were watching the England vs India World Cup game because they were desperate for India to win so that their own nonsense team can stay in the World Cup, and when India lost fair and square, they started crying about India throwing it away, even though it was in India’s interests to eliminate England because it would have dramatically increased their chances of winning the World Cup.

No one was supporting India after Adelaide. They were all preparing another dance after India are swept 4-0, and what India have done over the last 3 Tests has completely humbled them.

No one buys this “Pakistanis always support India” baloney. It just a convenient excuse to negate the embarrassment and wipe the eggs from their faces.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    You and other posters with similar ideas do deserve credit for acknowledging a good performance even when it comes from a bitter rival. There is a humble lesson for many on either side from what you said.
    Its a lesson for us, as India changed their entire system completely from grassroots up. People will say oh its IPL but I saw the Indian team changing before IPL too. You look at our team and you're reminded of the 1990's Indian team where only Tendulkar worked and nothing else, it had no great bowlers or all rounders. Barring Babar and Shaheen that's our team. Great teams can work with average coaches, poor teams are made worse by pathetic coaches which Misbah and Waqar are.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis always support India. There is more love than hatred here. We love our brothers and admire the heights Indian cricket has reached - there’s no politics involved.

You’ll be interested in knowing that even Pakistani domestic cricketers who have matches going on these days like Salman Ali Agha and Adnan Akmal were watching this series extremely closely.

Agha didn’t even know he was selected for the Pakistan test team because he was busy watching this match on his phone.

I also still maintain that we would love to have Prithvi Shaw if you don’t want him.

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wanted Australia to win the series because I like Australia but I'm happy for the Indian fans they won the series.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks. This is how it should be. As arch rivals , I'll never support Pakistan but can always appreciate good cricket when I see it.

Pak and India fans should never support each other. Need to keep the rivalry alive and going

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis always support India. There is more love than hatred here. We love our brothers and admire the heights Indian cricket has reached - thereís no politics involved.

Youíll be interested in knowing that even Pakistani domestic cricketers who have matches going on these days like Salman Ali Agha and Adnan Akmal were watching this series extremely closely.

Agha didnít even know he was selected for the Pakistan test team because he was busy watching this match on his phone.

I also still maintain that we would love to have Prithvi Shaw if you donít want him.

Thats brilliant to hear. Yeah you were indeed quite positive through the last few matches. Cheers man

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Thanks. This is how it should be. As arch rivals , I'll never support Pakistan but can always appreciate good cricket when I see it.

Pak and India fans should never support each other. Need to keep the rivalry alive and going
    Agree 100 per cent but credit where its due, what a performance by Team India. Chaa gaye.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Agree 100 per cent but credit where its due, what a performance by Team India. Chaa gaye.
    Thanks, brother @Slim

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wasn't rooting for them and I don't particularly like either team, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Excellent victory in the end.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks, great post! Also like reading your other posts.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India has played a brand of cricket that Pakistan can only hope for in our dreams. So yes, I was fully supporting the humbling they have handed Aussies in their backyard. They have exposed Paine for being an average player and skipper. They have made Lyon, Starc look ordinary. This is not easy.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate to admit it, there is a lot to admire about this Indian side. They are very likeable.

Congrats Indian fans. Very well done.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the last Test, I had enough of Australia’s soft approach. They deserved to lose and be remembered as the softest Australian side in history! They deserve this humiliation!

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see posters being honest here..

I mean...let's not kid ourselves here. Shall we?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    By the last Test, I had enough of Australia’s soft approach. They deserved to lose and be remembered as the softest Australian side in history! They deserve this humiliation!
    This team has not lost even a single series since 2013 Ashes except against India and sand paper one. They are not soft. Just 1 bad series does not make them worse. I am sure they will bounce back in SA!

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    I have rooted Pakistan against SENA in SENA. rivalry aside, Asian Bloc always means somethign to me.
    I wanted India to win because it shows how teams that don't have the best resources available (Kohli gone, many injuries) can still put up a fight, and at least attempt to win.

It's an eye opener that self belief, and confidence is crucial to the game of cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don't know about most Pakistani fans, but personally, all I wanted to see was competitive cricket after Pakistan's sharamful and shameful performance in NZ. I have thoroughly enjoyed that in India's competitive and resilient nature in Australia which is always special because of how obnoxious the Aussies are.

When you fight, show resiliency and play a fearless brand of cricket like India has this series, you can't help but admire, irrespective of being a Pakistani.

Woh aur baat hai ke, #Aanedo2 series ka ab bhi intezaar hai , but until then, Well done and congratulations to India!

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Aapse aisi ummeed naa thi.
    I didn't see India winning the series. But they deserved it and play some excellent cricket. They also showed great resilience.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I was rooting firmly for Australia.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not rooting for them but genuinley happy for them. They overcame staggering odds and have shown they are the number 1 side in the world.

Congratulations to India and Indian fans. This team showed a lot of fighting spirit.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Pakistani fan, I was not supporting India. It is a rivalry - in which at the moment, Pakistan is behind.

But I am sporting enough to congratulate them for an incredible victory and that too, in a series for the ages.

Well played.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course not, even if they say yes it will be a lie...

pakistan are probably between 8-10 in rankings
    india just beat Australia in Australia

huge difference
    knowing one is at the top
    and your team at the bottom

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    As a Pakistani fan, I was not supporting India. It is a rivalry - in which at the moment, Pakistan is behind.

But I am sporting enough to congratulate them for an incredible victory and that too, in a series for the ages.

Well played.
    Same here, I can separate their disgusting politics from their team performance, and I am genuinely happy for their fans. I said as much in the congratulations thread.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your support and we'll wishes, Pakistan.

You know I watch out for your team as well. Its why I've been on this forum for 8+ years.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No one is supporting them. The fans have been humbled after the eggs on their faces after their premature celebrations after Adelaide.

No one in their wildest dreams envisioned India to win the series from that point, let alone without their first-choice team.

Exactly. Most of them were desperate to see us lose.

In a few days, they will find ways to belittle this victory.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Those of you kissing up to India, this is what the opposition thinks of your efforts. Wouldn't you have been better off staying true to yourselves like I did and slapping down the cheerleaders?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post

That's not correct. No one in Pakistan will belittle Indian victory in the next few days.

Rivalry and pettiness are two different things.

Rivalry dictates that of course we would want India to lose most games and series. And vice versa.

However, after this victory, you will find no pettiness.

India deserves all the accolades coming their way.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's not correct. No one in Pakistan will belittle Indian victory in the next few days.

Rivalry dictates that of course we would want India to lose most games and series. And vice versa.

👍 Thank you. 🙏🙏

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I certainly was supporting India in the last 2 tests. The way they’ve played in this series is the reason I watch cricket

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I am not Pakistani but I guess I support them.

I was definitely cheering for India from as soon as Rahane took over. They were positive and had no fear, although Iím not sure that the youngsters are particularly good (apart from Gill).

Iím Tim Paineís biggest fan, but I was deeply annoyed by how he behaved with Ashwin, and the result served him right.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am Pakistani and hell yes I was supporting India. It was brilliant to see, a historical moment in Indian cricket history and good on them. A deserved series win and enjoy it Indian fans.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done India

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post

As an ardent Pakistan fan, I can only sit back and admire what the Indian test match team has achieved in Australia. There was always the danger that with the rise of the IPL, test match cricket would die a death, especially in India.
    But the Indian team has performed admirably in alien conditions against a much celebrated bowling attack. And against all odds, they have bounced back from the ignominy of 36 all out in the 1st test. Even without King Kohli thereafter, and with a 2nd string and raw bowling attack, they have come back to cement victory with over 300 runs on day 5 at the GABA.
    Wow. Hats off to you India. I may not routinely support you in cricket matches, but I have to admire your fighting qualities. Very well done.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan would have tried to draw the match if there were 15 runs left to get in 5 overs with 5 wickets in hand, and they would have ended up losing still.

The gulf is now massive between indian cricket and Pak cricket.

They going forward and higher whilst we are still stuck salivating over past glories from the 1990s.

A well deserved win.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I was disappointed when woke up and saw the Indian W.
    That said, credit to them. I'm not an Aussie supporter either, ngl still would have preferred India losing.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

True. Respect is earned. This was a proper old school epic phainta

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    This team has not lost even a single series since 2013 Ashes except against India and sand paper one. They are not soft. Just 1 bad series does not make them worse. I am sure they will bounce back in SA!
    Since the 2013 Ashes, Australia has lost 2-0 and 1-0 to Pakistan in the UAE and 3-0 away to Sri Lanka. They drew a series with Bangladesh away at 1-1 as well. They also lost 2-1 to South Africa at home in 2016, right before Pakistan toured. There may be others but those are just off thr top of my head.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think a large reason why Pakistanis are being so positive about this victory is that we literally cannot make any excuses or place any asterisks on it. Australia were basically at full strength this time around, and India were less than half strength, with not a single first choice bowler playing the last game. Yet, through skill and determination, they found a way to take 20 wickets. Unbelievable performance, and incredible depth.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't support India and don't even care to follow their results or the IPL despite being half Indian myself (and half Pakistani obviously). I used to support India in the late 90s and 00s as a second team, because they had many likeable players in the team, but their definitive political leanings have completely turned me off them.

That, plus the distasteful rhetoric from Indian ex players and fans makes me actively cheer on India's opponents in the games I do pay attention to I.e. ICC tournaments.

However, what's happened at the Gabba, and in this series overall, is awe inspiring. If things zigged instead of zagging, India may well have lost this series 3-1, but instead came out of it winning 2-1. Incredible, really.

Victory and defeat are from Allah, but intent and purpose is from men. And that Indian team is full of men, with a never say die attitude and a warrior spirit.

I'm sure all our Indian posters today ate incredibly proud and revelling in this victory. Congrats to you all, this one's in the cricket history books.

As an aside, the day Pakistan start playing with confidence and purpose, playing to win and to not lose, with the right leaders and with the correct technical adjustments, InshAllah we will turn our fortunes around for the better.

It'll take years for us to get to where this Indian team are, but with the right intentions and actions to back it, InshAllah we will get there too.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I am not sure about the support but, cricket fans everywhere would have definitely appreciated the character showed by this Indian team.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    May be but the response and name calling Pakistanis are getting in return from some of my fellow indians on twitter and facebook is hardly surprising. Our fans will never support Pakistan in any match especially for BJP lovers it is a sin.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was supporting Australia.

I really don't know how any Pakistani can root for the rivals to win in Aus when we get obliterated every time we turn up.

Maybe it'll change after this series though, because this Indian victory has shown that the idea of them and Pakistan being rivals is laughable and thus maybe we ought to learn to be happy for sub-continent success instead.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

I was definitely cheering for India from as soon as Rahane took over. They were positive and had no fear, although Iím not sure that the youngsters are particularly good (apart from Gill).

Iím Tim Paineís biggest fan, but I was deeply annoyed by how he behaved with Ashwin, and the result served him right.
    Rishabh Pant is the most talented cricketer of this generation.

He will go on to be an all-time great.

Gill is also a generational talent, but Pant is something else. Pant is one of the few special batsmen who can win games that other top-class specialist batsmen can't. How he's been treated by the Indian selection panel is mad. He apparently wasn't first choice at the beginning. But when India chased in the 4th innings, everyone knew India's chances of chasing down began and ended with Rishabh Pant. That isn't the hallmark of the average player.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I was completley neutral in this series and just appreciated the good cricket. As I get older the "nationalism" element when India play someone other than us has dissipated. Plus I like the way rahane captained. He showed humility and grit which is something I admire in general. I hate when we see the unneccessary fist pumping and swearing which is just not my cup of tea. I will be watching the highlights for this innings.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes India deserved to beat Australia and played great cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    Rishabh Pant is the most talented cricketer of this generation.

He will go on to be an all-time great.

Gill is also a generational talent, but Pant is something else. Pant is one of the few special batsmen who can win games that other top-class specialist batsmen can't. How he's been treated by the Indian selection panel is mad. He apparently wasn't first choice at the beginning. But when India chased in the 4th innings, everyone knew India's chances of chasing down began and ended with Rishabh Pant. That isn't the hallmark of the average player.
    Itís so nice to see you here again!

I largely agree. Pant is a player with far more about him than Saha and I have been surprised at people opposing his selection. People forget that Gilchrist was a far inferior keeper to Healy or Haddin or Paine. My only slight concern is whether Pant might miss chances standing up to the stumps.

I actually take Indiaís success as vindication of my stance that a good Test team needs to contain around 7 players aged 21-30. Even if some older players are still better.

I donít think that Ashwin or Jadeja could do what Washington Sundar did here, especially with the bat. They are just as technically good with the bat, but he isnít cowed by previous overseas defeats like they are.

India in this Test was Gill + Pant + a very resilient skipper + an ageing defensive batsman + 7 hungry youngsters.

Not kids like Naseem Shah or Musa Khan whom Pakistan fielded in Australia a year ago. Just 7 hungry but unexceptional guys in their peak years.

India improved when the likes of Yadav and Shami and Jadeja were replaced by Siraj and Saini and Washington.

The only veterans whom India should recall are Kohli and Bumrah. Otherwise they should keep faith in these guys!

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why would I want my rival to win against Australia that too by breaching their fortress? I was rooting for Australia to win but of course, I wholeheartedly congratulate India for winning at the end of it. More than anything I begrudge Indian team for unearthing amazing youngsters!

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you. In fact I feel the same whenever Pakistan plays these days, no nationalism but genuine appreciation.

Have something nice to eat today, to celebrate this victory under the captaincy of a gentleman called Rahane, I know I am going to

Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I was completley neutral in this series and just appreciated the good cricket. As I get older the "nationalism" element when India play someone other than us has dissipated. Plus I like the way rahane captained. He showed humility and grit which is something I admire in general. I hate when we see the unneccessary fist pumping and swearing which is just not my cup of tea. I will be watching the highlights for this innings.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Il be honest I didn’t support any team but by the end India won me over with their brilliant fighting cricket, any true cricket fan would have enjoyed the spectacle and battle. I think most Pakistani fans felt the same , not really supporting India but by the end finding it hard to fault such a performance you have to give kudos.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I always supported Pakistan and Srilanka when they played against England or Australia.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    May be but the response and name calling Pakistanis are getting in return from some of my fellow indians on twitter and facebook is hardly surprising. Our fans will never support Pakistan in any match especially for BJP lovers it is a sin.
    How can you compare Indian fans who post here with twitter warriors? People who post here are true cricket fans and know how to appreciate a good game, on the other hand the twitter warriors are there just because India won. They don't care about the game and will disappear when India starts losing.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The problem for the PCB, Pakistani team and its players, coaching staff now that the Indian team is consistently showing its number one rankings in all formats of the game, it's players are putting in super star performances in all formats of the game is that it just makes the media critics, fans, ex players even more envious of the neighbours and even more critical of the PCB, the Pakistani team, the captain, the coaches and the players as to why are they not delivering.

Already one person as a reaction to this Indian historic performance ended up creating a thread to bash Babar Azam even though the poor guy had nothing to do with what happened in Australia

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post

I was definitely cheering for India from as soon as Rahane took over. They were positive and had no fear, although I’m not sure that the youngsters are particularly good (apart from Gill).

I’m Tim Paine’s biggest fan, but I was deeply annoyed by how he behaved with Ashwin, and the result served him right.
    You have got that part wrong my friend. The next gen is our golden gen. Among those in their 20s Gill, Pant, Bumrah, Kuldeep have ATG potential. Siraj, Shaw (yes I know he is struggling this year but there is a reason he is so hyped even by someone like Boult who bowled a lot to him in the nets), Padikkal, Jaiswal, Prasidh (tall quick to replace Ishant), Sundar, Rahul Chahar and 4-5 others though not having such a high ceiling are going to serve us well and we have Vihari (hero of SCG save) who is a Pujara clone ready to take up the #3 role of grinder/wall, a successor of Dravid/Pujara in the true sense. We have all bases covered, top order batsmen, middle order batsmen, left-arm options, different types of spinners, quicks. Maybe the only tough replacements are Ashwin-Jadeja especially at home though spin may start playing a lesser role in Indian cricket in the future, our pace options are stacked for the next decade. Even our wicketkeeping backup Srikar Bharat is probably the best young gloveman in the world and FC average in mid-30s, may not get many chances because of Pant but a great second keeper to have in the squad, our Healy to Pant's Gilchrist.

Next time we tour Australia (2024?) we may very well field this XI:

Padikkal/Jaiswal
    Shaw
    Vihari
    Gill
    Kohli
    Pant
    Sundar/Jadeja (defensive finger spin, handy batsmen both)
    Kuldeep/R Chahar (attacking wristies who also average close to 25 with the bat in FC)
    Prasidh
    Siraj
    Bumrah

Only 2 guys in mid-30s (Kohli, Jadeja), 3 in 29-31 range (Vihari, Bumrah, Siraj) and rest all in the prime 22-28 category. Well rounded bowling attack, bats deep and so much quality.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Indore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You Pipers
    I enjoy unbiased Posts here on Pak Passion

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    How can you compare Indian fans who post here with twitter warriors? People who post here are true cricket fans and know how to appreciate a good game, on the other hand the twitter warriors are there just because India won. They don't care about the game and will disappear when India starts losing.
    You are mistaken. You will find so many fans here who disappear when India starts losing or when their favorite player fails they stay away from those threads. Not sure about you but I have seen so many keyboard warriors here also so it is not exclusive to twitter and facebook only.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíd never support India, but I congratulate them on the win and the circumstances of it.

From the final day of the 3rd test, I had a new found respect for their approach. They promoted Pant up the order and he went for the win. Refreshing approach and something that should be appreciated and promoted.

Fully deserved victory.