Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,704
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Indian Cricket's Final Frontier - A Test Series Victory in South Africa

    We have achieved everything else.

    ODI world cup - Done
    T20 World Cup - Done
    U-19 WC - Done
    Champions Trophy - Done
    Asia Cup - Done
    #1 rank in all formats - Done
    ODI series win in all nations - Done
    Test series win in all nations - ALL EXCEPT SOUTH AFRICA!!!!


    There it is.

    The final frontier for Indian cricket.

    After which, India would have practically ticked off all major milestones in cricket!!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,704
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Australia has not won a T20 world cup.so they are at par or behind India in terms of ticking all boxes.


    Pakistan is quite close to us.

    They need to conquer Australia and South Africa to be there.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will be favorites to win in SA later this year, while Pakistan isn't winning a test series in SA and Aus anytime soon.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    6,235
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Australia has not won a T20 world cup.so they are at par or behind India in terms of ticking all boxes.


    Pakistan is quite close to us.

    They need to conquer Australia and South Africa to be there.
    India has opened the gate big time and has set example of how to play in Australia.

    Pakistan are low on skill/talent anyway but still the Pakistan team management & fans can no more use the excuse “India also does badly in Australia”.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    16,521
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I will talk about the current team only. Current Indian team under Kohli haven't won ODI World Cup, T20 World Cup, CT, series in England, series in NZ, series in Pakistan and South Africa. Steve Waugh called Indian tour in 2001 their final frontier because they were winning matches against every nation left, right and center except India in India.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    896
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    We have achieved everything else.

    ODI world cup - Done
    T20 World Cup - Done
    U-19 WC - Done
    Champions Trophy - Done
    Asia Cup - Done
    #1 rank in all formats - Done
    ODI series win in all nations - Done
    Test series win in all nations - ALL EXCEPT SOUTH AFRICA!!!!


    There it is.

    The final frontier for Indian cricket.

    After which, India would have practically ticked off all major milestones in cricket!!
    Ireland and Afghanistan are also test nations

    Didn't expect such discrimination from you

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Ireland and Afghanistan are also test nations

    Didn't expect such discrimination from you
    I agree with the Ireland part, but do you seriously expect India to tour Afghanistan? Afghanistan play their home matches in India anyway.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,495
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Australia has not won a T20 world cup.so they are at par or behind India in terms of ticking all boxes.


    Pakistan is quite close to us.

    They need to conquer Australia and South Africa to be there.
    When was Pakistan ranked no. 1 in Odis?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    3,495
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I will talk about the current team only. Current Indian team under Kohli haven't won ODI World Cup, T20 World Cup, CT, series in England, series in NZ, series in Pakistan and South Africa. Steve Waugh called Indian tour in 2001 their final frontier because they were winning matches against every nation left, right and center except India in India.
    No captain ever won all these trophies.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    When was Pakistan ranked no. 1 in Odis?
    In 1990-91, I think.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,704
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    When was Pakistan ranked no. 1 in Odis?
    Af some point I presume, no?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should win in South Africa & very likely win in England or at least draw

    My only worry is Kohli's captaincy - which is big liability !

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Af some point I presume, no?
    From December 1990 to February 1991, Pak were ranked no.1 in ODI's.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20130320....php?year=1990

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    724
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would add England and NewZealand as well to the list. I mean Test series, of course.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    16,948
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    We have achieved everything else.

    ODI world cup - Done
    T20 World Cup - Done
    U-19 WC - Done
    Champions Trophy - Done
    Asia Cup - Done
    #1 rank in all formats - Done
    ODI series win in all nations - Done
    Test series win in all nations - ALL EXCEPT SOUTH AFRICA!!!!


    There it is.

    The final frontier for Indian cricket.

    After which, India would have practically ticked off all major milestones in cricket!!
    This is why, South Africa, not Australia, is the greatest test cricket team of all-time alongside India and Pakistan. They have made sure the two powerhouses of cricket, India and Pakistan don't win a test series in their backyard.

    Last time a certain Abraham Benjamin de Villiers denied us a test series win in South Africa or else we would have already ticked off all the boxes. This time though, I expect us to win the test series against the South African team in their own backyard and tick off all the major milestones in international cricket.

    Jai Hind!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    I would add England and NewZealand as well to the list. I mean Test series, of course.
    No, India have already won 3 series in England and 2 series in New Zealand.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,704
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    I would add England and NewZealand as well to the list. I mean Test series, of course.
    India has already conquered those places

  18. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    This is why, South Africa, not Australia, is the greatest test cricket team of all-time alongside India and Pakistan. They have made sure the two powerhouses of cricket, India and Pakistan don't win a test series in their backyard.

    Last time a certain Abraham Benjamin de Villiers denied us a test series win in South Africa or else we would have already ticked off all the boxes. This time though, I expect us to win the test series against the South African team in their own backyard and tick off all the major milestones in international cricket.

    Jai Hind!
    Jacques Kallis denied us in 2011. In the 3rd test , South Africa was 130-6 with slender lead of 129 in 2nd innings & India looked set for historic win only for Kallis to produce a epic century that led to a draw

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    16,948
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NishanKonar View Post
    Jacques Kallis denied us in 2011. In the 3rd test , South Africa was 130-6 with slender lead of 129 in 2nd innings & India looked set for historic win only for Kallis to produce a epic century that led to a draw
    Without a doubt. Twice, two legends have denied us a test series win in South Africa. Hence, South Africa are the greatest test cricket nation of all-time alongside India and Pakistan IMO.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a different note - India has won just 1 test in New Zealand in past 40 years. Compared to 3 in South Africa , 6 in England & 7 in Australia

    Never understood why we struggle so much in New Zealand !


  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NishanKonar View Post
    On a different note -
    India has won just 1 test in New Zealand in past 40 years.
    Compared to 3 in South Africa , 6 in England & 7 in Australia

    Never understood why we struggle so much in New Zealand !
    India have won only 1 test in NZL since 1977, so 44 years not 40.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    896
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    I agree with the Ireland part, but do you seriously expect India to tour Afghanistan? Afghanistan play their home matches in India anyway.
    There are reports that Afghanistan will be hosting their tests in Oman so I would expect India to tour Oman.

    Most top8 team fans totally forget that Ireland and Afghanistan are also test playing nations. They deserve more respect from us.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    17,562
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    When was Pakistan ranked no. 1 in Odis?
    2002. After they beat Australia in Australia under Waqar


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    2002. After they beat Australia in Australia under Waqar
    Nope, they were only no.2 in August 2002.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20130320....php?year=2002

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,793
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They should be able to do it later this year. SA are the weakest they've ever been since readmission in 1991.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should do well in SA this time around. We were ok but selections and a certain AB de Villiers ruined our chances last time out. And as Gabba showed, pace and bounce arent as much of a threat for us... however swing is.

    So the real test will be England in the summer. We have been outright terrible there. Our stroke players who get sucked in will have to show loads of discipline and restraint.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,116
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's see if India can win this time. It won't be as easy as some fans may be thinking. SA has sideways movement as well.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    17,562
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    Nope, they were only no.2 in August 2002.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20130320....php?year=2002
    Oh wow. They were just 1 point behind the Aussies. That's still impressive


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    17,562
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Let's see if India can win this time. It won't be as easy as some fans may be thinking. SA has sideways movement as well.
    Wont be easy but as long as we have our best XI, theres a good chance of toppling SA who are the weakest of the SENA countries now. Toss will be crucial for us. England won 3 tosses and won 3 tests.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    22,116
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Wont be easy but as long as we have our best XI, theres a good chance of toppling SA who are the weakest of the SENA countries now. Toss will be crucial for us. England won 3 tosses and won 3 tests.
    Well, if 3 toss goes India's way then it will make it far easier.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,704
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I wish brothers of destruction India and Pakistan are #1 and #2 in checking all boxes

    Ahead of Australia and England

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,484
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I will talk about the current team only. Current Indian team under Kohli haven't won ODI World Cup, T20 World Cup, CT, series in England, series in NZ, series in Pakistan and South Africa. Steve Waugh called Indian tour in 2001 their final frontier because they were winning matches against every nation left, right and center except India in India.
    Before the India tour of 2001, Steve Waugh's Australia didn't win series in West Indies, series in Sri Lanka, series in Pakistan and Champions Trophy...but still he called it the "final frontier" .

    Just use your brain for once and think why he'd say that.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,461
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa will be a hard team to beat at home even if this is their weakest side in a long time.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,040
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India ought to try and face the frontier of their poor head to head record against Pakistan.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,724
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    South African wickets are tougher than Australian wickets, a lot more pace, bounce and the ball actually seams, swings as well. India definitely has the bowling to take 20 wickets but their batting struggles against seam, swing so that definitely is a concern, i predict a similar performance that we saw in NZ 2-0. Toss will be vital, if India can win the toss and bat first scoring a fighting score in the first innings, their bowlers can put SA under pressure.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,724
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, of all the subcontinent teams to break the SA frontier, it turned out to be Sri Lanka. That Kusal innings was a freak tukka, unlikely to be repeated again. The SA just could not recover from that shock which reflected in their implosion in the second test match.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •