User Tag List

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is PML-N the worst political party Pakistan has ever produced?

PML-N party act like personal property of Sharif family:
    • Nawaz Sharif is founder and leader of the party.
    • His younger brother Shahbaz Sharif is president of party and leader of opposition in National Assembly.
    • Shahbaz Sharif's son Hamza Sharif is leader of party in Pakistan's biggest province Punjab and leader of opposition in Punjab Assembly.
    • Nawaz Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz is consider next leader of PML-N in making after her father and is in silent struggle with her uncle Shahbaz Sharif for the leadership.
    • Maryam Nawaz's son Junaid Safdar is consider next generation leader of party after her mother / uncle's era.
    • Some other family members are also set in the party.

PML-N party is morally and financially corrupt:
    • Sharif family and its party people are involved in money laundering, kickbacks and tax evasions.
    • The founder Nawaz Sharif has properties and bank balances in 5 continents. Everyone is loaded but fails to provide clean money trails.
    • They are the biggest liars Pakistan has ever seen. Maryam Nawaz famously said that she has no property in Pakistan or anywhere else while she has atleast 1 billion Rs. worth of property.
    • Their party people would illegally occupy government land and will cry victim if government took the land back.

Is PML-N the worst political party Pakistan ever produced? They have done some good things but bad far outweigh good. On top of that they give impression that their party is more Islamic

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    PML-N party act like personal property of Sharif family:
    • Nawaz Sharif is founder and leader of the party.
    • His younger brother Shahbaz Sharif is president of party and leader of opposition in National Assembly.
    • Shahbaz Sharif's son Hamza Sharif is leader of party in Pakistan's biggest province Punjab and leader of opposition in Punjab Assembly.
    • Nawaz Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz is consider next leader of PML-N in making after her father and is in silent struggle with her uncle Shahbaz Sharif for the leadership.
    • Maryam Nawaz's son Junaid Safdar is consider next generation leader of party after her mother / uncle's era.
    • Some other family members are also set in the party.

PML-N party is morally and financially corrupt:
    • Sharif family and its party people are involved in money laundering, kickbacks and tax evasions.
    • The founder Nawaz Sharif has properties and bank balances in 5 continents. Everyone is loaded but fails to provide clean money trails.
    • They are the biggest liars Pakistan has ever seen. Maryam Nawaz famously said that she has no property in Pakistan or anywhere else while she has atleast 1 billion Rs. worth of property.
    • Their party people would illegally occupy government land and will cry victim if government took the land back.

Is PML-N the worst political party Pakistan ever produced? They have done some good things but bad far outweigh good. On top of that they give impression that their party is more Islamic
    Why have you changed your tune. You was one of the biggest Nooras on here

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy!

In a country with PPP, Q-League and Molanna Diesal, MQM(literall indian assets) (and in a couple of years we'll add PTI to that list just wait and watch
    People are just going through a phase)
    PMLN is the worst party...

But you know let the fun begin it'll be hunger games in couple of hours so I thaught Id get my response in early
    Back to lurking...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am yet to see a good party in Pakistan. From 2010 to 2018, I thought the PTI would be a competent and robust party and I supported them fully but they have been a massive disappointment. It is a party full of tried and tested failures, dishonest politicians, corrupt industrialists, and incompetent ministers.

Ideally, I would vote for a party led by Jibran Nasir but he is not popular because he promotes co-existence, tolerance, justice and human rights. These are the attributes that are despised by the majority.

In short, there is no competent political entity in Pakistan right now. All are the same.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are the rest really much better? Several of the points you've raised are almost equally applicable to the PPP. In fact, while being corrupt to the core, PMLN actually developed some infrastructure in Lahore/Rawalpindi (no doubt sending millions to their coffers in the process). PPP have pretty much done nothing for the country, and hundreds of things against it.

Z.A.B destroyed the Pakistani economy and then Zia came along and took us to the dark ages with both his policies, and his creation of the disaster that was Nawaz Sharif
    Last edited by angrypathan; 25th January 2021 at 09:59.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít know about it being the worst as PPP, JUIF, PMLQ etc seem to be all different covers of the same book. I will say that PMLN does have the dumbest leadership of all the parties, especially Nawaz and now Maryam. They have literally destroyed their own party with their stupidity.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    I am yet to see a good party in Pakistan. From 2010 to 2018, I thought the PTI would be a competent and robust party and I supported them fully but they have been a massive disappointment. It is a party full of tried and tested failures, dishonest politicians, corrupt industrialists, and incompetent ministers.

Ideally, I would vote for a party led by Jibran Nasir but he is not popular because he promotes co-existence, tolerance, justice and human rights. These are the attributes that are despised by the majority.

In short, there is no competent political entity in Pakistan right now. All are the same.
    I partially agree but realistically PTI had to make a compromise to get into power. There was no way around it.

The party hasnít met expectations but atleast the leader has shown some sort of spine when dealing with internal or external matters.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Both the PPP and PML exist to make money for their owners. Neither has any ideology and never will. In a bizarre situation yesterday, Maryam came to support land grabbers in Lahore, yes you read right. A leader of a political party openly supported a family of land grabbers.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PMLN was not a political party it was just a group of people Zia brought together against PPP. The only platform they had was that they were not PPP or against PPP. Once PPP was able to get PMLN princess in waiting to say Jiye Bhutto it committed suicide and now is in its death spiral. A large portion of the parliamentarians from Punjab are opportunists and change parties to who they see will come to power. Once they see that PMLN has no future they will be gone.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To be honest, no. Iím more scared about TLP.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough competition between N-League and PPP.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    To be honest, no. I’m more scared about TLP.
    TLP are looking for a role- they are jealous of the Deoband parties like JUIF and JI and their power and want a piece of the cake.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Believe it or not I would say no. For me the PPP will always be the worst. Yes nawaz and co have looted and done some pretty nasty things. But the PPP destroyed the very fabric of the country. Bhutto's arrogance sent us to Hell from 1971 onwards. Their nationalisation policy proved to be a disaster. Then the emergence of Zia during the cold war just made things worse. i grew up during the Zia era and I remember many people hated Bhutto and blamed him for 71.

Then when his daughter came it was one disaster after another. Her handing over of the Sikh plan to the Indians was the last straw which broke the camels back.

From 99 onwards the sharif clan have been as bad if not worse than the zardaris. I cant say one is worse than the other.

Ultimately we have still not truly recovered fully from partition and 71.

Finally with regards to PTI, many saying they havent met expectations. Well depends what your expectations were. If you thought you would go to sleep and wake up to a beautiful pakistan that looks like Turkey or Europe then I suggest you stay asleep.

You cannot change a country like pakistan in two years. At least he has brought in universal healthcare and is trying to do something. i hope he is given time.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    TLP are looking for a role- they are jealous of the Deoband parties like JUIF and JI and their power and want a piece of the cake.
    Theyíre already the fourth largest party in the country by vote count after PTI, PMLN, PPP, and you only need to take one look at Khadim Rizviís funeral pictures to be absolutely terrified.

These guys burn down cars, torch homes, beat minorities, and claim peace. Rizviís death has given him somewhat of a cult following now as well, as if he was a shaheed.

If this party continues to grow, we will have far bigger problems on our hands than Nawaz smuggling away half our treasury.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They’re already the fourth largest party in the country by vote count after PTI, PMLN, PPP, and you only need to take one look at Khadim Rizvi’s funeral pictures to be absolutely terrified.

These guys burn down cars, torch homes, beat minorities, and claim peace. Rizvi’s death has given him somewhat of a cult following now as well, as if he was a shaheed.

If this party continues to grow, we will have far bigger problems on our hands than Nawaz smuggling away half our treasury.
    I wouldnt worry about them. Once you enter Pakistani politics, the game changes. Then the boys start looking at you differently.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has to be PPP

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is only one ruling power in Pakistan that keeps using these parties as a front. However, the worst political party is not PML-N but extremist TLP party which will hopefully now be disbanded now that Rizvi has died.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Majority of PML-N leaders have opposed PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari's suggestion to initiate no-confidence motions against Prime Minister Imran Khan, sources told Geo.tv.

The development came during a joint parliamentary meeting of PML-N's MNAs and senators chaired by Maryam Nawaz at the August House today. It was attended by Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Raja Zafar ul Haq, Ahsan Iqbal, and Rana Sanaullah, among others, while photos representing Shahbaz Sharif and Khawaja Asif were placed on chairs in a bid to show solidarity to the imprisoned party leaders.

According to sources, the party members said a no-confidence motion would be contradictory to former premier Nawaz Sharif's stance. They also pointed out that a majority is required in assemblies to make a no-confidence motion successful and lamented having to engage "with those who we want out" of the Parliament.

Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed said the party should adopt an effective strategy both inside and outside the Parliament while Ali Gohar said the party will stand behind Maryam Nawaz when needed.

Sources said Maryam said she will present the party's stance on no-confidence motion before the Pakistan Democratic Movement and the final decision will be taken by the 11-party Opposition alliance.

Last month, PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari had suggested the PDM bring no-confidence motions against the PTI governments at the Centre and in the provinces as part of the Opposition alliance's anti-government campaign.

Senate polls
    Sources also told Geo.tv that Maryam informed the party's parliamentary group of the decision to contest the Senate elections and majority of the party leaders supported the move.

Earlier, the party also announced it would take part in by-polls.

Late last year, the 11-party Opposition alliance had sought resignations from all its lawmakers from the Parliament and provincial assemblies. The deadline was January 31.

But earlier this month, the Central Executive Committee (CEC) of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) had decided to not only take part in by-polls but also in the Senate elections.

Source GEO

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    ISLAMABAD: Majority of PML-N leaders have opposed PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari's suggestion to initiate no-confidence motions against Prime Minister Imran Khan, sources told Geo.tv.

The development came during a joint parliamentary meeting of PML-N's MNAs and senators chaired by Maryam Nawaz at the August House today. It was attended by Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Raja Zafar ul Haq, Ahsan Iqbal, and Rana Sanaullah, among others, while photos representing Shahbaz Sharif and Khawaja Asif were placed on chairs in a bid to show solidarity to the imprisoned party leaders.

According to sources, the party members said a no-confidence motion would be contradictory to former premier Nawaz Sharif's stance. They also pointed out that a majority is required in assemblies to make a no-confidence motion successful and lamented having to engage "with those who we want out" of the Parliament.

Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed said the party should adopt an effective strategy both inside and outside the Parliament while Ali Gohar said the party will stand behind Maryam Nawaz when needed.

Sources said Maryam said she will present the party's stance on no-confidence motion before the Pakistan Democratic Movement and the final decision will be taken by the 11-party Opposition alliance.

Last month, PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari had suggested the PDM bring no-confidence motions against the PTI governments at the Centre and in the provinces as part of the Opposition alliance's anti-government campaign.

Senate polls
    Sources also told Geo.tv that Maryam informed the party's parliamentary group of the decision to contest the Senate elections and majority of the party leaders supported the move.

Earlier, the party also announced it would take part in by-polls.

Late last year, the 11-party Opposition alliance had sought resignations from all its lawmakers from the Parliament and provincial assemblies. The deadline was January 31.

But earlier this month, the Central Executive Committee (CEC) of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) had decided to not only take part in by-polls but also in the Senate elections.

Source GEO
    When are they resigning?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PMLN is actually the 2nd best party in Pakistan. That just sums up the quality in Pakistan.
    We have political parties run by UN designated terrorists as well as the multiple fake molvis from all these extremist so called islamic parties.
    Pakistani poltics is a jungle. Wild animals out there.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Lala Land- The Prime Minister.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theyíre already the fourth largest party in the country by vote count after PTI, PMLN, PPP, and you only need to take one look at Khadim Rizviís funeral pictures to be absolutely terrified.

These guys burn down cars, torch homes, beat minorities, and claim peace. Rizviís death has given him somewhat of a cult following now as well, as if he was a shaheed.

I know they have no sympathy towards Ahmadis and or government funding campaigns for other minority religions, i.e. Hindu temple in Islamabad.

But not witnessed any violence against minorities from them. Neither any burning down cars or homes. Do share any source if you have please.

Scared or not, they have a huge street power, especially from rural punjab and Karachi so not so easy to eliminate them.

Just yesterday I read in news election commission has cleared them of all doubts raised about their finance.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Hit View Post
    I know they have no sympathy towards Ahmadis and or government funding campaigns for other minority religions, i.e. Hindu temple in Islamabad.

But not witnessed any violence against minorities from them. Neither any burning down cars or homes. Do share any source if you have please.

Scared or not, they have a huge street power, especially from rural punjab and Karachi so not so easy to eliminate them.

Just yesterday I read in news election commission has cleared them of all doubts raised about their finance.
    Last time, when TLP goons hit the roads in Nov 2018, they burned cars and looted shops. There are videos also. They even snatched bananas from a child fruit vendor. Despicable party!

The TLPís narrative of Sar Tun Say Juda has inspired many to carry out killings of alleged blasphemers. Two recent cases being of a bank manager being killed by his guard and an Ahmedi being gunned inside a courtroom.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Look it up, youíll find a lot.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1528997
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1443196
    https://pakistan.asia-news.com/en_GB.../04/feature-02
    https://youtu.be/mcBqR9HuQtc

Also from personal experience they rioted and burned cars and tires in Lahore just some streets from my house.

You are right about street power, thatís why Iím scared. They already have the votes to make up 4th largest party and with the decline of PMLN, PPP, JUI, I fully expect their votebank to increase now that Rizvi has achieved cult status after death.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Lala Land- The Prime Minister.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my friend is hardcore supporter of TLP.

He sends me videos of TLP new leader, hafiz saad (rizvis son) raising voice for the Shiaís of Hazara.

Or Rizvi speeches about being patriotic pakistani, especially his last speech where he address establishments.

And distancing themselves from any kind of unlawful activities.

So i can only applaud in response to my friend.

If we go by violence then Iím sure even ppp pmln and pti has in the past too had incidents of creating chaos and disturbing lives of people.

The government needs to dialogue well with them and if Imran is wise then he can definitely get them on board and put final nail in the coffin for ppp and pmln crooks.

Next elections are going to be very interesting.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He sends me videos of TLP new leader, hafiz saad (rizvis son) raising voice for the Shiaís of Hazara.

Or Rizvi speeches about being patriotic pakistani, especially his last speech where he address establishments.

If we go by violence then Iím sure even ppp pmln and pti has in the past too had incidents of creating chaos and disturbing lives of people.

The government needs to dialogue well with them and if Imran is wise then he can definitely get them on board and put final nail in the coffin for ppp and pmln crooks.

Well even Hitler made some excellent speeches that called for unity and peace and prosperity. Khadim Rizvi is indirectly responsible for inciting a lot of blasphemy killings (Ahmedis especially but also Christians and Hindus) and this was at a particular height during the Asia bibi case.

Ask your friend, does he also agree Asia bibi should have been put to death?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Does your friend also agree that Mumtaz Qadri was right in murdering Salman Taseer (TLP led the movement on venerating Qadri, and this movement is one of the major reasons for the party coming to prominence between 2015-2017).

Khadim Rizvi was a skilled orator and had some very sweet words to say, and I donít blame your friend for being a supporter in that sense. However, there is a much darker side to his beliefs and you should probably warn your friend about these things.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sends me videos of TLP new leader, hafiz saad (rizvis son) raising voice for the Shia’s of Hazara.

If we go by violence then I’m sure even ppp pmln and pti has in the past too had incidents of creating chaos and disturbing lives of people.

PTI can't get them on board and they don't need to either (most TLP voters used to be PML N supporters so TLP's emergence has helped PTI). TLP is a natural opposition to PTI, they have cashed on the decline on PPP, PML N and attracted the ultra conservatist vote bank.. With that being said, parties like TLP can never form government in any province.

On topic, these are my rankings of worst Pakistani parties,

1. PPP
    2. MQM
    3. PML N
    4. ANP
    5. JUI F

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pmln had some good politicians in the past (still like Nisar ali), however Maryam nawaz and Maryam aurengzeb are making it look like they’re the worst. And this statement is coming from a guy who historically always supported PML-N (in 90s).

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Pmln had some good politicians in the past (still like Nisar ali), however Maryam nawaz and Maryam aurengzeb are making it look like they’re the worst. And this statement is coming from a guy who historically always supported PML-N (in 90s).
    That dumb Maryam Nawaz is really making it hard to like PMLN...
    You can't spin anything into her favour, that's how incredibly stupid she is

Debut
    Mar 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say so, yes. A party founded as an "anti-PPP" group, with complete support of a dictator on its back can hardly be called ideological. Been strongly right-wing with backing to/from militant groups. Turning a blind eye to sectarianism. And most recently, pandering to India at the expense of national security concerns...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    That dumb Maryam Nawaz is really making it hard to like PMLN...
    You can't spin anything into her favour, that's how incredibly stupid she is
    You can always jump over to become a proud cult follower

After all, a lot of us used to be patwaris back in the days .