Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    4,877
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    British Airways to Islamabad - Any reviews, experience?

    Has anyone flown with BA to islamabad since they resumed service?
    How was it?
    Is it worth the 50% less luggage allowance than PIA?
    Want to fly with them in september me, mrs and child but the seats are not gauranteed together apparently unlike pia where you can get seats together with your family....

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    34,942
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    IDK about Islamabad but BA means you have a chance of losing your luggage.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    2,051
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    IDK about Islamabad but BA means you have a chance of losing your luggage.
    Can't say PIA is any better.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    34,942
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Can't say PIA is any better.
    I can never forgive BA for spoiling my first ever trip to Europe.Almost 24 years back.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    34,942
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Can't say PIA is any better.
    Emirates or Turkish or Etihad are v good options.

    Will be flying Qatar this time, but everyone on PP says its v good.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    32,194
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't know about BA flights to Islamabad, but I wasn't impressed with their service to Lahore. Their staff both at Heathrow terminal and on the flight back itself were miserable compared to those on Qatar which I used for connecting flights.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,740
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I don't know about BA flights to Islamabad, but I wasn't impressed with their service to Lahore. Their staff both at Heathrow terminal and on the flight back itself were miserable compared to those on Qatar which I used for connecting flights.
    Agree, whenever I have flown with BA, the staff in the terminal and the plane always comes across demeaning and rude all the time. Service wise they are not the best either but are not bad as well.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    9,651
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIA zindabad, seriously have never had any issues flying to Pakistan and back, cheap and direct, why go with anyone else?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    953
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DO NOT GO WITH BA!

    me and my family went to Egypt with them and by god was the flight awful. Seats were barely big enough to put one butt cheek in let alone two.

    Instead Id mini screens on the seat in-front you get some 1900s day tv on the top of the plan for everyone to watch and youd need to put in earbuds.

    I remember taking a plane from PIA to Pakistan. Nice big seats. Awesome little screen with awesome movies and flight tracking. Only bad thing was the uncle with his arm on my arm rest to control the screen. Thinking back on it I should of sent him packing haha

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    Agree, whenever I have flown with BA, the staff in the terminal and the plane always comes across demeaning and rude all the time. Service wise they are not the best either but are not bad as well.
    I've stopped flying from Heathrow because it's a zoo with prison wardens as service staff.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    483
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketDon View Post
    DO NOT GO WITH BA!

    I remember taking a plane from PIA to Pakistan. Nice big seats. Awesome little screen with awesome movies and flight tracking. Only bad thing was the uncle with his arm on my arm rest to control the screen. Thinking back on it I should of sent him packing haha
    The Entertainment system in PIAs has been down for past 2 decades. Everytime I have travelled with them or anyone that I know has, the screens have been down.

    I wouldn't recommend British Airways to anywhere, their planes are outdated, food is meh and service is pretty poor in comparison to Etihad or Emirates. I always spend far too much on a layover at Dubai so gonna try Turkish next time.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    2,051
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go on with one of the middle eastern airlines.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,829
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Just go on with one of the middle eastern airlines.
    Agreed.

    Emirates, Qatar, and Turkish are better than all western airlines.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,268
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I guess if BA is the best option, then use that. Don't knock it till you try it.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,740
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    I've stopped flying from Heathrow because it's a zoo with prison wardens as service staff.
    I remember this year while coming back from Italy via Heathrow, upon boarding at the gate I was in zone 2 and was the first one in the line up. There was an Indian family also travelling but they accidentally stood on zone 1 line and they were the last ones there. When it was their turn to board, the BA staff didn't let them through. I stood up to this and asked the staff to let them go, I have no issues and it is zone 2 turn anyways. The racist BA staff still declined, like come on!!! I feel racism is prevalent in that airport and some other passengers behind me were also saying the same thing to the staff to let them through..

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ve flown BA to many places over the years and they are top notch. Better than most American Airlines and also better than the asian ones. Planes are generally well maintained and Heathrow terminal 5 is a modern and efficient airport.

    PIA on the other hand is ok but their planes are in poor condition. I ve flown with my elderly father a couple of times and there were cabin pressure/oxygen levels problem both times. My father had to use oxygen mask because he has weak lungs. The in flight entertainment systems dont work in any PIA planes and it flies out of the heathrow T3 (the oldest and the most run down terminal).

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    32,194
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
    I ve flown BA to many places over the years and they are top notch. Better than most American Airlines and also better than the asian ones. Planes are generally well maintained and Heathrow terminal 5 is a modern and efficient airport.

    PIA on the other hand is ok but their planes are in poor condition. I ve flown with my elderly father a couple of times and there were cabin pressure/oxygen levels problem both times. My father had to use oxygen mask because he has weak lungs. The in flight entertainment systems dont work in any PIA planes and it flies out of the heathrow T3 (the oldest and the most run down terminal).
    The inf-flight entertainment systems didn't work great on one of the Qatar Airways flights either, but their staff were gracious and attentive throughout. Maybe I was just unlucky and got the only woman I have ever encountered who looked like a heavyweight boxer and refused to even say welcome or goodbye on entering and leaving the BA plane. The staff at Heathrow looked sick of their lives as well. They seem to think all those passing through should know their ever changing procedures by habit. Low paid jobbers with high class attitudes.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have only flown Qatar once many years ago (and also gulf Air and Emirates). I think from the Middle eastern Airlines, only Emirates seemed good to me but their fares have gone over the roof lately and they are no longer competitive on price.

    Turkish airlines is also very good and mostly one of the cheapest ones (on routes from UK to Pakistan).

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,268
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
    Have only flown Qatar once many years ago (and also gulf Air and Emirates). I think from the Middle eastern Airlines, only Emirates seemed good to me but their fares have gone over the roof lately and they are no longer competitive on price.

    Turkish airlines is also very good and mostly one of the cheapest ones (on routes from UK to Pakistan).
    If you have a few options in terms of airlines you can use, I tend to find that cheapest airline is constantly changing, it could be Turkish this month but a few weeks later it could be Etihad and so on.

    Although I like to fly direct to Pakistan with PIA so usually have to pay more. That's the thing with PIA, they charge premium prices but don't deliver premium service. Definitely need to get their act together.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my surprise’London - Karachi’ route on PIA is surprisingly cheap. If you fly out of school holidays, the fares are around 400 (in 2019). Direct flight and very generous baggage allowance and Briyani ��


  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,491
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'd rather travel on Turkish or Emirates. The turkish staff were the best in my case. Very friendly but thats probably coz they thought my daughter was turkish lol..they treated everyone with a smile and seemed to take pride in their work. Emirates staff were professional and efficient but seemed like they didnt really want to be there..

    I havent travelled on BA for over 20 years when i went to Hajj and then I wasnt really fussed about the service.

    PIA is well PIA..last time I travelled i was treated like a criminal and will never travel on it again. The only way I will travel on it again is if I need to get to islu in a hurry..direct flight etc..

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    34,942
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I'd rather travel on Turkish or Emirates. The turkish staff were the best in my case. Very friendly but thats probably coz they thought my daughter was turkish lol..they treated everyone with a smile and seemed to take pride in their work. Emirates staff were professional and efficient but seemed like they didnt really want to be there..

    I havent travelled on BA for over 20 years when i went to Hajj and then I wasnt really fussed about the service.

    PIA is well PIA..last time I travelled i was treated like a criminal and will never travel on it again. The only way I will travel on it again is if I need to get to islu in a hurry..direct flight etc..

    Their food tastes excellent.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    I remember this year while coming back from Italy via Heathrow, upon boarding at the gate I was in zone 2 and was the first one in the line up. There was an Indian family also travelling but they accidentally stood on zone 1 line and they were the last ones there. When it was their turn to board, the BA staff didn't let them through. I stood up to this and asked the staff to let them go, I have no issues and it is zone 2 turn anyways. The racist BA staff still declined, like come on!!! I feel racism is prevalent in that airport and some other passengers behind me were also saying the same thing to the staff to let them through..
    They will treat the non white customers the worst, even yell at them. Seen this one too many times when I was young and had no choice but to fly Heathrow since my parents chose the route. I'm Canadian so it's a shock to see that but seems par for the course at Heathrow (and perhaps UK in general?).

    Now, I pay extra to avoid Heathrow and UK airports in general. Found Schiphol to be much friendlier.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    They will treat the non white customers the worst, even yell at them. Seen this one too many times when I was young and had no choice but to fly Heathrow since my parents chose the route. I'm Canadian so it's a shock to see that but seems par for the course at Heathrow (and perhaps UK in general?).

    Now, I pay extra to avoid Heathrow and UK airports in general. Found Schiphol to be much friendlier.
    I travel frequently for work and most of the time fly BA from Heathrow. In 10+ years of travelling, i ve never witnessed a single time that BA staff were rude to the passengers or screaming. Only once i came across 2 youngish flight attendants who were not very polite buts thats it.

    The newer Heathrow Terminals (5 and 2) are very good. You can pass through security and the automatic face scanning passport controls very quickly.

    As for Schipol, its Ok but you have to walk way too much. (Heathrow is better in this regard) and the Dutch airport personnel is generally more direct and rude. I even had to argue with a few because they were trying to be too over smart.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    6,084
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least BA has managed to bring the Pakistanis and Indians on here to agree on something if nothing else. Kudos for that.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    6,084
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Well, at least BA has managed to bring the Pakistanis and Indians on here to agree on something if nothing else. Kudos for that.
    Their new motto should be "British Airways, undoing what the British Government did decades ago".

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
    I travel frequently for work and most of the time fly BA from Heathrow. In 10+ years of travelling, i ve never witnessed a single time that BA staff were rude to the passengers or screaming. Only once i came across 2 youngish flight attendants who were not very polite buts thats it.

    The newer Heathrow Terminals (5 and 2) are very good. You can pass through security and the automatic face scanning passport controls very quickly.

    As for Schipol, its Ok but you have to walk way too much. (Heathrow is better in this regard) and the Dutch airport personnel is generally more direct and rude. I even had to argue with a few because they were trying to be too over smart.
    My experience is not BA but Heathrow Airport, especially Terminal 3 (where most Canadian airlines land). At Schiphol, staff moved us to the front of the line because we had young kids. Things like this make a world of difference when traveling.

    Another anecdotal story: my cousin, born and bred in heart of London, moved to Canada after marriage. She told me she avoids BA on her flights back and chooses Canadian airlines since she finds the Canadian staff and passengers more polite and understanding towards her (she travels with little ones) than the British staff and passengers on BA who tend to make snide and rude remarks.

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    32,194
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
    I travel frequently for work and most of the time fly BA from Heathrow. In 10+ years of travelling, i ve never witnessed a single time that BA staff were rude to the passengers or screaming. Only once i came across 2 youngish flight attendants who were not very polite buts thats it.

    The newer Heathrow Terminals (5 and 2) are very good. You can pass through security and the automatic face scanning passport controls very quickly.

    As for Schipol, its Ok but you have to walk way too much. (Heathrow is better in this regard) and the Dutch airport personnel is generally more direct and rude. I even had to argue with a few because they were trying to be too over smart.
    Well I don't travel very frequently from Heathrow, it's at the other end of the country for me. So I find it bemusing that on the one occasion I used it this year, I got grief both going out and coming back in. Maybe it was just the contrast with Qatar Airways whose staff were almost too attentive and gracious, although the majority of them weren't actually Arabs I should point out.

    Initially I thought maybe BA are staffing butch Lesbians and surly black women as an equal opportunity initiative but then it struck me, maybe they save their better staff for other trips? It was all very strange .
    Last edited by The Viper; 24th January 2020 at 04:23.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Surrey, England
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    My experience is not BA but Heathrow Airport, especially Terminal 3 (where most Canadian airlines land). At Schiphol, staff moved us to the front of the line because we had young kids. Things like this make a world of difference when traveling.

    Another anecdotal story: my cousin, born and bred in heart of London, moved to Canada after marriage. She told me she avoids BA on her flights back and chooses Canadian airlines since she finds the Canadian staff and passengers more polite and understanding towards her (she travels with little ones) than the British staff and passengers on BA who tend to make snide and rude remarks.
    I agree that Heathrow T3 is crap. Its the oldest terminal (due next for refurbishment). All of the lesser priority airlines are dumped there (which includes PIA). It feels like going back in time to 70s

    Whereas the newer Heathrow terminals are very good and well connected by public transport and motorway network.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,740
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    They will treat the non white customers the worst, even yell at them. Seen this one too many times when I was young and had no choice but to fly Heathrow since my parents chose the route. I'm Canadian so it's a shock to see that but seems par for the course at Heathrow (and perhaps UK in general?).

    Now, I pay extra to avoid Heathrow and UK airports in general. Found Schiphol to be much friendlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
    I travel frequently for work and most of the time fly BA from Heathrow. In 10+ years of travelling, i ve never witnessed a single time that BA staff were rude to the passengers or screaming. Only once i came across 2 youngish flight attendants who were not very polite buts thats it.

    The newer Heathrow Terminals (5 and 2) are very good. You can pass through security and the automatic face scanning passport controls very quickly.

    As for Schipol, its Ok but you have to walk way too much. (Heathrow is better in this regard) and the Dutch airport personnel is generally more direct and rude. I even had to argue with a few because they were trying to be too over smart.
    In the last 4 instances I have seen open racism against non-white passengers by BA staff and fight crew...I am not lying at all. It wasn't me but I tried standing up for this Indian family last time.

    Also, the french airports are no different either.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    3,740
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Well, at least BA has managed to bring the Pakistanis and Indians on here to agree on something if nothing else. Kudos for that.
    Not just here even at the airport. i stood up for an Indian family for goodness sake. BA brought us closer.

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    32,194
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Rider View Post
    I agree that Heathrow T3 is crap. Its the oldest terminal (due next for refurbishment). All of the lesser priority airlines are dumped there (which includes PIA). It feels like going back in time to 70s

    Whereas the newer Heathrow terminals are very good and well connected by public transport and motorway network.
    I was on one of the newer terminals, very well connected on the way back at least. I just don't understand why they employ staff who clearly have a chip on their shoulder when our ticket fees are paying their wages?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,268
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I was on one of the newer terminals, very well connected on the way back at least. I just don't understand why they employ staff who clearly have a chip on their shoulder when our ticket fees are paying their wages?
    Probably in keeping with the common theme of surly Londoners.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,491
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Their food tastes excellent.
    yeah their food was really good..actually both emirates and turkish had nice food..I even travelled on air india once too..lol..

    wasnt too bad..except they charged me extra for a change of ticket when they promised they wouldnt lol

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    34,942
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    yeah their food was really good..actually both emirates and turkish had nice food..I even travelled on air india once too..lol..

    wasnt too bad..except they charged me extra for a change of ticket when they promised they wouldnt lol
    The best thing about Turkish airlines is that if your layover is long, they provide you with a hotel room in the city and drop and pick you up from that hotel.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,491
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The best thing about Turkish airlines is that if your layover is long, they provide you with a hotel room in the city and drop and pick you up from that hotel.
    true. I like their service and if you want to have a layover why not in one of the worlds greatest cities??

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    34,942
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    true. I like their service and if you want to have a layover why not in one of the worlds greatest cities??
    They usually provide hotel near Taksim Square. So its absolute joy to roam around.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,491
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    They usually provide hotel near Taksim Square. So its absolute joy to roam around.
    when I went to istanbul I stayed at the Hilton near taksim..loved that area..the buzz was amazing especially at night..

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,595
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LONDON: British Airways on Thursday announced to resume flight operations for Pakistan, ARY NEWS reported.

    Direct flights will be operated between Islamabad and Heathrow Airport London three times a week, with first British Airways flight landing in the country on August 14 amid extra precautionary measures for the safety of its crew and passenger.

    Wearing masks during the flights will be mandatory for the passengers traveling to and fro from Islamabad International Airport.

    The United Kingdom (UK) government website shared details of the flight operations saying that from London Heathrow the flights will be on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, departing at 20:30 and arriving in Islamabad at 04:20.

    From Islamabad, flights will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, departing at 06:15 and arriving in London at 15:00.

    The British High Commissioner Dr. Christian Turner CMG, said this was an important moment for UK-Pakistan links.

    “The resumption of British Airways direct flights is a big boost for the hundreds of thousands of travellers who travel regularly between our two great nations, many who have had their travel plans disrupted by the pandemic,” the high commissioner said.

    He expressed gratitude towards the government of Pakistan, British Airways and his team in Pakistan who worked hard to achieve the results.

    The airline’s direct flights restarted in June 2019 after a break of 10 years. The carrier first flew to Islamabad in 1976.

    https://arynews.tv/en/british-airway...ions-pakistan/


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    2,435
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thats great news


    TGK 237.1 owner

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    4,877
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    British Airways Move Islamabad flights to Gatwick

    Looks like BA will be losing alot of custom. The schedule is so bad just look at the timings. Even by train getting there is tough 10:30am departure. Nobody likes going gatwick heathrow was very convenient. Back to PIA for the majority.
    British Airways has moved its London to Islamabad flights from Heathrow to Gatwick Airport. This move is part of wide ranging changes to the shcedule of BA where it has cut quite a few flights from its Heathrow base and moved flights to Islamabad and Accra, Ghana to Gatwick airport. British Airways will start its London Gatwick to Islamabad flights from 28 March 2021. The flights will be operated from South terminal of Gatwick airport.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,585
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This being done by BA to readjust capacity at LHR.

    Since Islamabad is primarily a measure destination - it makes sense to fly that route from Gatwick..

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has squat to do with capacity considering LHR is the epicentre of Pakistan community in West London and BA hub is LHR, and PIA flights land at LHR too.

    This is more to do with air traffic patterns during lockdown.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •