Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Spy Who Quit: A Conversation with Amrullah Saleh

This interview is from 2010/11 but i found it quiet interesting so thought i would share for anyone who is interested to read. i don't know if this has already been posted and discussed.
    Here is the article.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...-who-quit.html

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this guy really doesnt like pakistan lol.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is every terrorist sent to Pakistan for training? What happened to their bases in CIA's headquarters?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeed View Post
    Why is every terrorist sent to Pakistan for training? What happened to their bases in CIA's headquarters?
    It's a Cost of Living thing. Cheaper rents, groceries etc, inflation notwithstanding.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some context that might be useful; Amrullah Saleh is Farsiwan, ANA and NDA is dominated by Tajiks although He make some valid points but Afghan military establishment is new and not professional enough (at the moment) and thus not coherent like other old militaries around the world therefore such context is required to better understand the narrative IMO.
    Last edited by amax; 24th July 2014 at 06:51.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amrullah Saleh's Anti-Pak Tweets

First off this is NOT a hate thread for generalizations of Afghans.

Keep your negative generalizations of Afghans to yourself.

This thread is about Amrullah Saleh as an individual, specifically as the former head of the NDS.

A poster on a different thread here gave a link to one of his tweets, so I went through his twitter account.

I always knew he was anti-Pak, but this is a whole new level. 95% of his tweets are about Pakistan.

Take a look at some of his defamatory tweets:

If your bored and want to kill sometime, take a look at his twitter page and have yourself a good laugh. There are some gems there.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he is being paid by India. He certainly won't make a good diplomat. I bet Afghans wish he was as dedicated towards fighting Taliban as his love for Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he is being paid by India. He certainly won't make a good diplomat. I bet Afghans wish he was as dedicated towards fighting Taliban as his love for Pakistan.
    My favorite is the last tweet above

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He probably learned how to write in English when he got his education in Pakistan.

Would have been herding sheep on the mountains of Kandahar otherwise

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    He is not alone these ex NDS guys have a whole campaign running against Pakistan on social media and twitter.

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Firstly, Amrullah bhai is one of the finest Afghan leaders out there.

Problem here is, he is a hardcore patriot and likes to put it out there what he feels about things unlike the politically correct leaders out there. Pakistan has done damage to Afghan, that bit is agreed by most Pakistanis. A lot of work needs to be done from Pak side to win back the trust of the Afghan govt. Quite clearly, it doesn't matter whether you home 1 million, 10 million refugees, in the end the respect is earned by working with Afghan govt to build a safer and stable Afghanistan so that no people are forced to leave their houses to be refugees in Pakistan.

Please try to see the logic here instead of getting hyper. You wish we had a leader like Amrullah bhai instead of Imran or Nawaz. He's a top class person.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I only disapprove him using the Pak-i word there. He must be aware it offends Pakistanis.;

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    I only disapprove him using the Pak-i word there. He must be aware it offends Pakistanis.;
    Did you read the last tweet there?

According to him Afghanistan saved Pakistan from the soviets.

According to him Afghanistan is the reason why Pakistan has nuclear weapons.

According to him Afghans own Pakistani soil.

If he was only stating facts I could understand him being a patriotic afghan and all. But he is spreading lies and hatred.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Did you read the last tweet there?

According to him Afghanistan saved Pakistan from the soviets.

According to him Afghanistan is the reason why Pakistan has nuclear weapons.

According to him Afghans own Pakistani soil.

If he was only stating facts I could understand him being a patriotic afghan and all. But he is spreading lies and hatred.
    Please re read the last tweet and think what he means then you will understand it better.

On this forum many Pakistanis have mentioned that Pakistan and USA helped afghan mujahideen against the Russians so that they don't advance towards Pakistan.

Since 1947 Pakistan has been a free state, they are a nuclear state and have been getting US funding for the past 25 years for their help in Afghan war.

I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Exile
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghans don't need Indian money to talk crap about Pakistan, it comes naturally to them.

Their Pakistan-complex is deeply ingrained in their psyche.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol what an ultimate clown, Afghan saved us from Soviets? They gave us nuclear weapons? Afghans own the soil? I have never heard of this fool before but not surprised at all, i can understand Afghans getting angry at Pakistan for interference but do they know that 90% problem is their own? This is just like Pakistanis blaming America for all their problems, fact is we are mainly responsible for this mess ourselves.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Karachi,Islamabad,Beijing,Moscow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saleh bhai talking behind the keyboard is very easy ....
    try to talk face to face with us ... thn we will see.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG_Brit View Post
    Please re read the last tweet and think what he means then you will understand it better.

On this forum many Pakistanis have mentioned that Pakistan and USA helped afghan mujahideen against the Russians so that they don't advance towards Pakistan.

Since 1947 Pakistan has been a free state, they are a nuclear state and have been getting US funding for the past 25 years for their help in Afghan war.

I hope that makes sense.

LOL.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would believe that Pakistan got involved in the war so that Russia wouldn't advance to Pakistan.

Please read up on the actual history and see how and why Pakistan got involved in the war.

There's a book called Charlie Wilson's War. I'd suggest you read it to better understand the entire situation.

So no, Afghans don't own Pak soil. They didn't help Pakistan with anything and they should be grateful that we are hosting their refugees.

Sua cuique voluptas.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG_Brit View Post

I hope that makes sense.

I really dont understand bro.

Pakistan helped train and arm the Afghans. There were even a lot of Pakistanis that went to Afghanistan to fight in the war.

Meanwhile Afghanistan's best buds, India, were buddy buddy with the Soviets.

Yes its true that Pakistan didn't want Soviets on top of their heads, but I think it was a cooperated effort between Pakistan/United States and Afghan fighters which led to the Soviet defeat.

Seriously by this logic, the moderate syrian rebels that America is funding in Syria will start to claim United States is their soil because they fought off United State's enemy Assad...

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this guy has gone nuts.

So the former head of the NDS can't tell the difference between a fake Facebook profile and a real one? He couldn't be bothered to research a little bit before tweeting this out?

He is a joke, Zaid Hamid of Afghanistan

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lenapeistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desperate tweet, I don't why he feels he needs to defend Afghanistan? No reasonable person will point his fingers at Afghanistan anyway for Orlando. Terrorist responsible for Orlando was born and raised in America and learned hate from his father. I hope he stops giving credibility to Internet warriors from certain countries because he is only make himself look bad.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Exile
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's mental, sadly afghans support this lunatic

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was surprised too when I saw that tweet, I think common sense went out of the window!

His parents were afghan and he was born in America but he is proud Pakistani ! Some people just believe anything they see on FB and accept it as facts .

The guy was 100% American as he had never been to Afghanistan . He was an idiot who killed so many innocent people.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    haha these peasants are funny, i bet this guy spend half of his time in pakistan and now is talking smack about it.
    afghans are not refugees lmaoo, nice high he has!

Pray for these fools and brain washed people, its ramadan prayers might work

A wall probably 20Ft from gawadar to baltistan/northern areas would only help to curb these maniacs, we should chip in for a wall fund.
    someone should start gofundme page for this wall, im ready to donate!

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    this guy has gone nuts.

So the former head of the NDS can't tell the difference between a fake Facebook profile and a real one? He couldn't be bothered to research a little bit before tweeting this out?

He is a joke, Zaid Hamid of Afghanistan
    @AFG_Brit bro if this clown is your finest leader then you have very dark future unfortunately. Firstly, it's useless to even blame Afghanistan for this attack as the offender was born and raised in US and he had nothing to do with Afghanistan but to actually go to such length to establish his connection with Pakistan just to shift the blame is absolutely moronic.
    I have heard his father is also very anti Pakistan so hopefully he won't disown him and claim his real father was a Pakistani, anything is expected from this hate mongers.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The irony is that the guy's father is for the abolition of the Durand line, and, in other terms, not only rabidly anti Pakistan, but technically for more Pashtuns to come into Afghanistan : if Afghanistan is still viable it's because of the demographic balance which keeps Pashtuns under 50%, and other ethnicities, esp. the Hazaras who went through what you'd call a genocide, wouldn't want a 65-70% Pashtunized Afghanistan - that'd be the end of the current nation state of Afghanistan in fact.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    His Twitter look like a propaganda machine and hating Pakistan looks like in his blood.

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike Rate View Post
    His Twitter look like a propaganda machine and hating Pakistan looks like in his blood.
    Well if you go through this clown's twitter account, most of his followers and supporters are Indians just because he bashes Pakistan. such is this guys's level that he even tries to shift the blame to Pakistan for what an Afghan Omar Mateen did in Orlando.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just watched a talk show 'Zara Hut k"
    This Saleh guy is Afghanistan's ex intelligence chief and he tweets against Pakistan referring to a facebook profile of Orlando murderer created yesterday
    Even a 10 year old kid would have done a better job than this useless intelligence chief.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Just watched a talk show 'Zara Hut k"
    This Saleh guy is Afghanistan's ex intelligence chief and he tweets against Pakistan referring to a facebook profile of Orlando murderer created yesterday
    Even a 10 year old kid would have done a better job than this useless intelligence chief.
    LOL his credibility goes right out of the window.. "Finest Leaders" LOL.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This dude is for real?

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He should sell his ideas to Bollywood, they can make a good funny movie out of it.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he quit because he is getting paid really well by the Indians now. This is a fact. Look it up

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just heard another discussion of this guy on NDTV where Asad Umar from Pakistan was also present.

He says "India and Afghanistan are rising and only country declining in the region is Pakistan" lol, looks like huge fan of Bollywood.

Asad Umar quite rightly put him in place and reminded him of terrorists like Bugti and TTP heads roaming free in Afghanistan and there are pictures of Bugti coming out and going in Indian embassies. You can't keep saying let's fix Pakistan without admitting your own faults.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Friday caption contest?

Last edited by Gabbar Singh; 21st November 2020 at 01:01.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Looks like this war-criminal is finding being blocked out of the Peace Process a tough pill to swallow.