Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    6,739
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO/PICS] Altercation between Hassan Ali and Quinton de Kock during Day 2 of the 1st Test

    It seemed to get heated between these two whilst Hassan Ali was batting.

    The umpires had to split them from clashing.

    What was the problem?



    Esv-Ubj9-W8-AU5-HN9
    Esv-U8u-DXc-AUb-J61
    Last edited by Firebat; 27th January 2021 at 19:58.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    28,769
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally some drama!!

    Im sick of this PG era Pakistan cricket team! We need the attitude era back in order to restore our fading image in world cricket!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    537
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Hasan promised Karachi Biryani to de Kock if he throws his wicket away, which he did, but Hasan didn’t fulfil his promise to bring it.
    Last edited by MenInG; 27th January 2021 at 21:01.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    939
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was he contesting the no ball? Pretty silly to blame the batsman. De Kock is obviously very frustrated with how the game is going.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    13,270
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Kock also had a serious altercation with Warner.

    It was probably sledging. I hope nothing more than that.



  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,016
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Finally some drama!!

    Im sick of this PG era Pakistan cricket team! We need the attitude era back in order to restore our fading image in world cricket!
    Not when we have no skills to back it up. We can have a Miandad attitude when we have Miandad ability.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Bradford UK
    Runs
    15,169
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Not when we have no skills to back it up. We can have a Miandad attitude when we have Miandad ability.
    What logic.

    Nonsense.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    6,272
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test cricket needs this little bit of competitive fire, it's not complete without it


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    28,769
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Not when we have no skills to back it up. We can have a Miandad attitude when we have Miandad ability.
    Skill?!?

    We are 80 ahead with 2 wickets left. Also Lord Faheem smashing 200mph Nortje and Rabada all over the park!! What more skill do you want???

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,440
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddaser View Post
    What logic.

    Nonsense.
    He's right though.

    It'd extremely silly to sledge or show "attitude" when you're at the recieving end of 450/3 (a situation which Pak finds itself regularly in).

    For now playing "good cricket" is enough. Or you end up looking like some of those BD cricketers.....

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,981
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, De Kock has this "How could you do this to me ?" expression even when he is angry

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,243
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something that happens in test cricket, Nothing to worry about

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    27,674
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    De Kock can not be aggressive on field lol

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    16,475
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    De Kock can not be aggressive on field lol
    Yeah. Doesn't suit his 'masoom' face lol. I think he had an altercation with David Warner also while they were going back to pavillion?

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    27,674
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Yeah. Doesn't suit his 'masoom' face lol. I think he had an altercation with David Warner also while they were going back to pavillion?
    Yeah apparently de kock muttered it under his breath, lol.

    De Kock is the inly InTl player who said ď IPL pressure takes getting used toĒ. Lol I canít imagine how he plays test

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    He's right though.

    It'd extremely silly to sledge or show "attitude" when you're at the recieving end of 450/3 (a situation which Pak finds itself regularly in).

    For now playing "good cricket" is enough. Or you end up looking like some of those BD cricketers.....
    Same BD cricketers that upcoming shooperstars Bishnoi, Tyagi, Jaiswal got into a fight with because they couldnít handle losing against them?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    12,431
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Nah... anger doesnít suit Kock, he is too innocent and good hearted for such antics , come on man, play the game.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,981
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Same BD cricketers that upcoming shooperstars Bishnoi, Tyagi, Jaiswal got into a fight with because they couldn’t handle losing against them?
    You are comparing men with teens. Even then the situation wasn't exactly like 450/3, it was an extremely close match so heated exchanges, albeit avoidable, didn't look too out of place. His point still stands though you can't sledge when you are consistently poor at your main job.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    You are comparing men with teens. Even then the situation wasn't exactly like 450/3, it was an extremely close match so heated exchanges, albeit avoidable, didn't look too out of place. His point still stands though you can't sledge when you are consistently poor at your main job.
    Iím sorry but what are you talking about? Did you watch the video and follow the story? What sledging are you talking about? This engagement was initiated by de Kock out of frustration after SA messed up four back to back chances in an over, venting at Hassan for walking over the pitch, and Hassan stood his ground. It really seems like you (not you specifically) are going out of your way to pick on him and find some fault in a Pakistani specifically, as if we are showing some swagger despite dismal performances.

    You can go and post that 450/3 up on your wall, we are well and truly ashamed of our bowling performances but it has nothing to do with this altercation. I for one am glad that Hassan Ali is not a pushover and wonít tolerate any kind of bull from an opponent captain. You can read into this incident however you want though, Iím no one to stop you.
    Last edited by Thunderbolt14; 27th January 2021 at 21:34.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,440
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Same BD cricketers that upcoming shooperstars Bishnoi, Tyagi, Jaiswal got into a fight with because they couldnít handle losing against them?

    Whaaaaaat?

    Why are you bringing age group Cricket here? You can still accept that they're still teens..it happens. I was referring to their senior team. Rubel Hussain bad-mouthing virat Kohli, that naagin dance guy and some other dude who was getting into fights with the SL players during that Nidahas trophy. I'm sure I'm missing many such instances where their below average cricketers ended up looking like clowns.

    Don't want Pak players to go that route...that's all. Apologies if that hit a nerve.


  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,302
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That umpire though

    Looks like he wasn't expecting SA to tour so soon and ate his boredom away.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Whaaaaaat?

    Why are you bringing age group Cricket here? You can still accept that they're still teens..it happens. I was referring to their senior team. Rubel Hussain bad-mouthing virat Kohli, that naagin dance guy and some other dude who was getting into fights with the SL players during that Nidahas trophy. I'm sure I'm missing many such instances where their below average cricketers ended up looking like clowns.

    Don't want Pak players to go that route...that's all. Apologies if that hit a nerve.
    I agree but I just donít see where youíre coming from. Why is Hassan being criticized here not de Kock? Is it wrong for him to stand his ground?

    And why bring in 450/3 when Hassan wasnít the one sledging over here?

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,981
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Iím sorry but what are you talking about? Did you watch the video and follow the story? What sledging are you talking about? This engagement was initiated by de Kock out of frustration after SA messed up four back to back chances in an over, venting at Hassan for walking over the pitch, and Hassan stood his ground. It really seems like you (not you specifically) are going out of your way to pick on him and find some fault in a Pakistani specifically, as if we are showing some swagger despite dismal performances.

    You can go and post that 450/3 up on your wall, we are well and truly ashamed of our bowling performances but it has nothing to do with this altercation. I for one am glad that Hassan Ali is not a pushover and wonít tolerate any kind of bull from an opponent captain. You can read into this incident however you want though, Iím no one to stop you.
    Man first of all you need to calm the heck down. You are one of the few posters here who I actually enjoy reading despite difference of opinions. Not sure what I did to agitate you but if you read my post I did not single out Hasan or anything, I was just saying in general. The altercation did not look out of place as both the teams were pretty competitive throughout without Pak being the better team for the day however the same incident would generate irritation instead of admiration if SA was sitting pretty on a big lead. That is all I was saying.
    Last edited by Hyperion66; 27th January 2021 at 22:06.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    159
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    He's right though.

    It'd extremely silly to sledge or show "attitude" when you're at the recieving end of 450/3 (a situation which Pak finds itself regularly in).

    For now playing "good cricket" is enough. Or you end up looking like some of those BD cricketers.....
    Lol this might be of the dumbest things Iíve read in a while. He and De Kock were just having an argument about something and Hasan just replied to him. Did the Indian team in the late 90s stop replying to sledges when something irked them just cause they were crap then?

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    27,674
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Line and Length View Post
    Lol this might be of the dumbest things Iíve read in a while. He and De Kock were just having an argument about something and Hasan just replied to him. Did the Indian team in the late 90s stop replying to sledges when something irked them just cause they were crap then?
    Well when Venkatesh Prassad was shown the bat pointing towards boundary how did Venkatesh reply with words?Not his fault Sohail was bowled next ball lol

    I donít recall Dravid etc replying anything..I would had missed , if you have any videos?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    1,314
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    He's right though.

    It'd extremely silly to sledge or show "attitude" when you're at the recieving end of 450/3 (a situation which Pak finds itself regularly in).

    For now playing "good cricket" is enough. Or you end up looking like some of those BD cricketers.....
    Great logic!

    So, India should never sledge now and Kohli should keep his attitude to himself because India was at the receiving end of 36/9?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,440
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Line and Length View Post
    Lol this might be of the dumbest things Iíve read in a while. He and De Kock were just having an argument about something and Hasan just replied to him. Did the Indian team in the late 90s stop replying to sledges when something irked them just cause they were crap then?

    Take a big deep breath and check the post I replied to and the chain of posts preceding it. Nice and slow alright?

    And if you can't still grasp it..... I'll just make it a lot easier for you and just say that my post had absolutely nothing to do with today's incident.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,440
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketerB94 View Post
    Great logic!

    So, India should never sledge now and Kohli should keep his attitude to himself because India was at the receiving end of 36/9?

    If the Indian team gets into '36/9' situations as regularly as the Pak team gets into 450/3 ones.....then yes definitely they shouldn't. But that's not the case is it?

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,700
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    This was to do with QDK's annoyance at Hassan being out off a no-ball and then saying a few words at Hassan Ali.



  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,602
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Australians and South Africans do this ruffle the opposition

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    91,724
    Mentioned
    7140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Sledging has more to do with your communication skills than your performance.

    Pakistani players have embarrassing communication skills which is why they cannot initiate sledging or respond effectively.

    Paine sledged Ashwin and he got owned. The same sledge to a Pakistani player would have resulted in a goofy smile or total silence.

    When Pakistan toured Australia last two years back, Rizwan blocked a delivery from Lyon and Paine overestimated Rizwanís English proficiency and stated that Sarfraz would have swept that for four but at least Rizwanís smells nicer.

    Rizwan didnít utter a word because he either didnít understand what Paine said or couldnít find the words to reply. Imagine Paine saying something like that to Pant. He will get owned as usual.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    1,314
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    If the Indian team gets into '36/9' situations as regularly as the Pak team gets into 450/3 ones.....then yes definitely they shouldn't. But that's not the case is it?
    Still, poor logic. You do not allow anyone to bully you regardless of your team situation.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    159
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Take a big deep breath and check the post I replied to and the chain of posts preceding it. Nice and slow alright?

    And if you can't still grasp it..... I'll just make it a lot easier for you and just say that my post had absolutely nothing to do with today's incident.
    Yeah, youíre right. Your post was like some incredible poem that I failed to grasp. Until a couple of years ago, India also used to get routinely trounced in Australia, England, and NZ in tests. They got hammered in NZ last year, and lost 4-1 to England in 2018. Did Kohli and co. suddenly stop replying to sledges in those tours when they were suffering innings defeats? No they didnít. We arenít some associate team either that should be keeping their attitude in check, like we havenít won every single trophy there is to win in world cricket.

    Check your condescension at the door, and if you want to unnecessarily put down our cricket team, do it on an Indian cricket forum.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    20,255
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    He's right though.

    It'd extremely silly to sledge or show "attitude" when you're at the receiving end of 450/3 (a situation which Pak finds itself regularly in).

    For now playing "good cricket" is enough. Or you end up looking like some of those BD cricketers.....
    In competitive sports sometimes emotions come into play among individuals and you dont start calculating other things before saying something or responding. I am pretty sure other teams and players have gone into such altercations without being ATG or some extraordinary performances on their back. Playing good cricket should be enough for QDK as well, it cant only apply to Hasan.
    Last edited by Titan24; 28th January 2021 at 01:10.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,806
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Skill?!?

    We are 80 ahead with 2 wickets left. Also Lord Faheem smashing 200mph Nortje and Rabada all over the park!! What more skill do you want???
    Maybe we need Ajay Deevgan from Singham in the team, slow motion slap whilst in mid air.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    37,602
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The NCHD should look to employe a few sledging coaches for the players. Mental disintegration is a reality in Cricket.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic stuff by Hasan Ali. Good attitude, why not.

    Enough of this backslapping happy clappy rubbish.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    1,276
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I fail to understand what the issue was.

    I watched this happen live, and from my understanding, De Kock was either frustrated, or asking Hasan Ali to get ready for the next delivery in a rude manner, which prompted Hasan to reply to De Kock.

    Nothing much, so let's move on.

    Don't know what all the fuss is about.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,700
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I don't think Hassan is a soft touch by the way.

    A few in the Pakistan team would just smile and say yes sir, but not Hassan



  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    91,724
    Mentioned
    7140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    While it is not necessary to be a world class player to engage in sledging and trash-talking, the problem is that it can backfire big time if you flop on the pitch.

    Hassan learned it the hard way in the 2018 Asia Cup. Prior to the tournament, he did his dumb generator celebration at the Indian border and then claimed that he would aim to take all 10 wickets against India, but then Rohit and Dhawan treated him like a club bowler and smashed him all over UAE.

    He was getting trolled by Indian fans on the boundary as well and he had no answer. That brutal humiliation in the Asia Cup almost ended his career and it took him a long time to mentally recover from that reality-check.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Man first of all you need to calm the heck down. You are one of the few posters here who I actually enjoy reading despite difference of opinions. Not sure what I did to agitate you but if you read my post I did not single out Hasan or anything, I was just saying in general. The altercation did not look out of place as both the teams were pretty competitive throughout without Pak being the better team for the day however the same incident would generate irritation instead of admiration if SA was sitting pretty on a big lead. That is all I was saying.
    Apologies as I came off as a bit brash. I wasnít singling you out specifically, Iím just a bit confused by the general sentiment in this thread that Hassan was sledging or doing anything intentionally agitative. If Pakistan was getting thrashed, and we were sitting at 100-8, I still would not have seen this as a big deal - de Kock sledged/got irritated at Hassan and any reaction by fans should be pointed at de Kock here. Hassan just happened to be the batsman at the crease and he stood his ground. No?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Hyperion66 you might not have been, but many posters here are being quite condescending. I see no reason to make arguments like ďPakistan is a minnow team and shouldnít stand its groundĒ this just doesnít make any sense to me. Why bring 450/3 in here? De Kock was inappropriate and rightly shut down.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    6,302
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Apologies as I came off as a bit brash. I wasnít singling you out specifically, Iím just a bit confused by the general sentiment in this thread that Hassan was sledging or doing anything intentionally agitative. If Pakistan was getting thrashed, and we were sitting at 100-8, I still would not have seen this as a big deal - de Kock sledged/got irritated at Hassan and any reaction by fans should be pointed at de Kock here. Hassan just happened to be the batsman at the crease and he stood his ground. No?
    Hasan Ali started to leave but then he was called back. On his way back, he walked on the pitch and through the danger zone. Quinton de Kock did the right thing by reminding Hasan Ali to not walk on pitch.

    Hasan Ali reacted the way he always does. Nothing wrong but his normal reaction will always appear to be over reaction. This was his normal (and casual) reaction.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Hasan Ali started to leave but then he was called back. On his way back, he walked on the pitch and through the danger zone. Quinton de Kock did the right thing by reminding Hasan Ali to not walk on pitch.

    Hasan Ali reacted the way he always does. Nothing wrong but his normal reaction will always appear to be over reaction. This was his normal (and casual) reaction.
    It didnít look like a reminder - this was after 4 back to back reprieves of Hassan (wicket off a no ball, few dropped catches) and you can see in the video that de Kock is clearly agitated and accusing Hassan of deliberately scuffing the pitch. Reminder is fine but de Kock was clearly sledging here accusing us of cheating.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    286
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    He's right though.

    It'd extremely silly to sledge or show "attitude" when you're at the recieving end of 450/3 (a situation which Pak finds itself regularly in).

    For now playing "good cricket" is enough. Or you end up looking like some of those BD cricketers.....
    1.Pakistan doesnít find itself at 450/3 regularly. They havenít been great but they arenít that dire.
    2.Hasan Ali isnít some nobody whoís just making noise to be noticed. Heís had genuine success at this level. He has every right to carry himself how he sees fit.
    3.The BD cricketers have every right to sledge as well, thereís no stipulation that you must play at a certain level to engage with the opposition.
    4.Even if Pakistan found itself ranked below Bangladesh and Afghanistan I still wouldnít want to see them behaving meekly on the field. That would be far more troubling than a run of bad form.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    3,440
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    1.Pakistan doesnít find itself at 450/3 regularly. They havenít been great but they arenít that dire.
    4 times in the last 14 months or so across three different countries.

    2.Hasan Ali isnít some nobody whoís just making noise to be noticed. Heís had genuine success at this level. He has every right to carry himself how he sees fit.
    My post had nothing to do with Hasan Ali or the altercation yesterday. It was specifically a reply to one of the posts....


    3.The BD cricketers have every right to sledge as well, thereís no stipulation that you must play at a certain level to engage with the opposition.
    Ofcourse they do. They can't control how they're being perceived based on that but yeah....they definitely do.


    4.Even if Pakistan found itself ranked below Bangladesh and Afghanistan I still wouldnít want to see them behaving meekly on the field. That would be far more troubling than a run of bad form.
    By "behaving meekly" , you mean lying down and taking all that's coming your way...then definitely, that should be quite troubling.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Chennai, Tamilnadu
    Runs
    9,660
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have not gone through the whole thread here (apologies if someone has already mentioned this) but wanted to chime in from what I heard in the commentary when this incident was unfolding.

    Daryll Cullinan was saying, possibility of Hassan (accidentally) walking on the middle of the pitch after getting dismissed off a no-ball from Maharaj that could have triggered the heated exchange between the De Kock and Hassan.


    Baali Soda - INFJ-T

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    14,564
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    While it is not necessary to be a world class player to engage in sledging and trash-talking, the problem is that it can backfire big time if you flop on the pitch.

    Hassan learned it the hard way in the 2018 Asia Cup. Prior to the tournament, he did his dumb generator celebration at the Indian border and then claimed that he would aim to take all 10 wickets against India, but then Rohit and Dhawan treated him like a club bowler and smashed him all over UAE.

    He was getting trolled by Indian fans on the boundary as well and he had no answer. That brutal humiliation in the Asia Cup almost ended his career and it took him a long time to mentally recover from that reality-check.
    "Despite his (Kohli) absence from the squad, India still have a very good team. They have many more players."

    "Looking at all three formats, you need to increase the level of your fitness which is why I have focused more on my fitness. There is no need for comparison with Virat Kohli. He is my senior. He is a legend. He himself is fit. I focus on my fitness because that brings me consistency."

    "India are a good side and I wish to take all ten wickets rather than a five-for, and make my fans across the world happy with my celebration style."

    How insecure would a side need to be to take offense from these statements.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,981
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Apologies as I came off as a bit brash. I wasn’t singling you out specifically, I’m just a bit confused by the general sentiment in this thread that Hassan was sledging or doing anything intentionally agitative. If Pakistan was getting thrashed, and we were sitting at 100-8, I still would not have seen this as a big deal - de Kock sledged/got irritated at Hassan and any reaction by fans should be pointed at de Kock here. Hassan just happened to be the batsman at the crease and he stood his ground. No?
    No need to apologize man, it was just a little misunderstanding is all. Hasan did what he felt necessary at that time however De Kock wasn't sledging either, so they misunderstood each other as well, no biggie.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,981
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    @Hyperion66 you might not have been, but many posters here are being quite condescending. I see no reason to make arguments like “Pakistan is a minnow team and shouldn’t stand its ground” this just doesn’t make any sense to me. Why bring 450/3 in here? De Kock was inappropriate and rightly shut down.
    Pak's lower middle order just added 250+ runs, which is mighty impressive anywhere in the world. A friendly suggestion is to enjoy the moment and stop taking posts here too seriously. When you are too busy dealing with the negativity you tend to miss out on the positives. A poster of your caliber should not be riled up this easy.

    Aab thoda bohat banter to banta hai, we faced the same after Pak's CT win and till the Asia cup. Indian bowling till around 2015/16 was the most trolled and mocked commodity around here, this is internet man, you take one on the chin and wait for the right time to pounce back.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Pak's lower middle order just added 250+ runs, which is mighty impressive anywhere in the world. A friendly suggestion is to enjoy the moment and stop taking posts here too seriously. When you are too busy dealing with the negativity you tend to miss out on the positives. A poster of your caliber should not be riled up this easy.

    Aab thoda bohat banter to banta hai, we faced the same after Pak's CT win and till the Asia cup. Indian bowling till around 2015/16 was the most trolled and mocked commodity around here, this is internet man, you take one on the chin and wait for the right time to pounce back.
    Youíre right and banterís completely fine, but I see a distinct difference between banter and condescension. In this case Iím especially quick to call it out because Iíve been following Hassan Aliís case for the last year and seen the kinds of trials and tribulations heís been through being lost in the abyss with injuries bringing his career to a halt, then working hard to make his way back into the team.

    I donít think itís right on any human being that they are criticized for another personís (de Kockís) behavior and we desis (especially Pakistanis) have a habit of pouncing on our own players more than the white ones.

    So yeah, banter is one thing, but a) unfair criticism and b) linking that criticism to Pakistan being a minnow, doesnít make any sense. And as far as apologies go, I donít care if this is an internet forum or Iím talking to you in real life, basic respect and decency is required when talking to a fellow human being and if Iíve crossed a line and offended someone then itís my duty to make that right. Kuch maamlon mai serious hona parta hai meray bhai.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,703
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It was a baby confrontation. Nothing more.

    What happened between Warner and Quinty baby over Warner's wife is what you call a confrontation.

    Also like Ian Chappell and Beefy Botham in parking lot.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    1,227
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see some banter.. its fun to watch.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,317
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    I'm neutral in this case. He (Hassan) shouldn't have walked in the middle of the pitch and De kock should have handled it better. I think he was just frustrated with the wicket off a noball.
    Fair enough and I agree with all of this

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,968
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Whaaaaaat?

    Why are you bringing age group Cricket here? You can still accept that they're still teens..it happens. I was referring to their senior team. Rubel Hussain bad-mouthing virat Kohli, that naagin dance guy and some other dude who was getting into fights with the SL players during that Nidahas trophy. I'm sure I'm missing many such instances where their below average cricketers ended up looking like clowns.

    Don't want Pak players to go that route...that's all. Apologies if that hit a nerve.
    To be honest Kohli initiated the feud with Rubel by abusing his mother when he merely gave Kohli a stare. Now, I am not even good enough to be a club cricketer but if you gonna abuse me for merely giving a stare, you gonna hear a lot worse than what Rubel told Kohli. So Rubel has a bone to pick with Kohli and rightly so.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

    Rizwan didnít utter a word because he either didnít understand what Paine said or couldnít find the words to reply. Imagine Paine saying something like that to Pant. He will get owned as usual.
    Or that that Tim's "he smells nice" sledging was too lame and tame and did not unsettle Rizwan.

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    11,385
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The wicket keeper captain was obviously wound up by keshavs no ball and ali was annoyed because he hadn't been middling it
    Just a bit of frustrating tension between the two different sides

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    3,667
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Kock is not innocent lol. He knows how to get under people's skin.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    54,703
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    De Kock is not innocent lol. He knows how to get under people's skin.
    He smokes weed.
    That is from where he gets some courage.

    Otherwise he is cute.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    4,643
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    He smokes weed.
    That is from where he gets some courage.

    Otherwise he is cute.
    You his dealer or something?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •