Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What score can Pakistan chase in the 4th innings?

The lead is 88. Even if they do get 22 more runs the lead will be 110.

Pakistan should look to bundle out SA for 280 max. That way Pakistan would have to chase 170.

I think chasing anything more than 170-185 might cause problems to Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever pak chase they will lose 6 or 7 wickets in doing so

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its not easy to tell yet, whole of SA innings is left and not started yet. It will all depends on how long SA bat and how much pitch deteriorates.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    149 only...

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be less than 130 for comfortable chase, 160 for fighting chase and 190 for nail biting finish and over 200 to loose.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    not more than 120

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scared of how the pitch might deteriorate. Will be nervy chasing anything above 130/140

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    cant chase more than 110-120..anything more and we will turn into jellyfish..Azhar and fawad are the only ones who have the mental strength in a second innings situation..the rest are weak.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Pakistan should keep the target below 120. That is probably a score that can be easily chased down.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan won't be able to chase anything more than 150.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Need to keep the target to below 150 for a win

Anything between 150-200 will be fifty fifty

Above 200 pakistan will lose

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Batting second on an uneven pitch even 170 would look risky. 150 or less would be the safe bet.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Between 75-120. We will loose if its 150 or more

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no way South Africa are crossing 150 tomorrow. Yasir and Nauman chacha would be too to handle on this wicket with that rough.

Pak won't have to chase anything more than 60 in the last innings. Mark my words.

This game id already in the bag.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to get the lead to 150 -else I start worrying.
    If the lead is not 150- we need shaheen to strike early to remove a couple of the right handers.
    Qdk,Elgar,Linde, wont cause too much trouble to yasir.

I do not want to be chasing more than 140. We have lost to SL and NZ chasing in the UAE against shitter bowling attacks and more settled batting line ups than this one

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA will fold up 150 runs in second innings.Pak to win comportably

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd worry about Maharaj on the last couple days. Perhaps 150 max. If Babar gets going, then I think we're good. I'd also back Rizwan to be the gutsy player he is to get us over the line. But over 150 would be a tough ask I think, despite out batting being okay as of late, it's still Pakistan we're talking about.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    SA spinners will enjoy this surface bowling last, as will SA pacers with the uneven bounce. 150 Max would be what pakistan want to chase as we dont handle pressure well normally.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything more than 120 will be tough.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Secretly hoping Hassan and Uncle Noman stretch this lead to a score that should be enough to bundle SA out before we even go into the 4th innings

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Secretly hoping Hassan and Uncle Noman stretch this lead to a score that should be enough to bundle SA out before we even go into the 4th innings
    I'm predicting them to hit out and Pakistan post 376 all out.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    150 or more and we have a game.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Pakistan's game they should look to get a lead of 110 and they should be a ble to chase anything less than 180ish

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At home with Fawad and Azhar plus an in form lower middle order, I would say 250+.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lead of 150 would mean SA will need to score 300+ runs on day 3 and 4 against Noman and Yasir (mainly) to make a difficult target.

That would be a very tough ask for SA. So the main thing is to try and get to that 150 lead. Hassan isn’t timing the ball at all, and Noman shows that he can apply himself. Another 50 runs would probably be the most we will add realistically.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    120-150 would be a great lead and quite feasible

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything over 150 would be very tricky to chase. Pakistan should try to sneak in another 20-30 runs lead and restrict SA to below 220 in their second innings.

One thing is for sure with Pakistan nothing is certain. They can one day chase 300+ and next day could collapse the chase of 100. Looking forward to exciting finish.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Beating Pakistan is a piece of cake. This team has no talent and no temperament. As soon you take momentum away from them they are unable to wrestle it back.

The problem is that South Africa is an average team at the moment and they do not have the quality to run away with the game unless their big guns fire.

Otherwise it is very straight forward for them. The pitch will be flat tomorrow and our bowling attack minus Yasir is mediocre.

Ideally, their best batsmen QdK, Faf, Elgar and VDD should combine and take the team to 400 over day 3 and day 4 and give themselves 5 sessions to take 10 Pakistani wickets.

Out of those 10 wickets, you can be certain that Pakistan will gift you at least 3-4 wickets because they will be unable to cope with the pressure.

So in reality, they will only need to take 6-7 wickets.

Any top 5 team (India, England, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa) will not lose a single Test to Pakistan if they play with proper planning.

You produce your A game and Pakistan is guaranteed to lose, because Pakistanís A game is equivalent to the B or even C game of these sides.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't see SA crossing 200 in their second innings. I think we'll be chasing less than 100 and that should be comfortable enough. Anything over 150 though and I'd be very scared.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <150 Pak to win, will be a walk in the park if target is double digits
    150-200 Can go either way
    Over 200 SA clear favorites

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    South Korea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anything above 80 will be near impossible for us.

Serious Sport has nothing to do with fair play... it is war minus the shooting.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    SA batting is not strong. Pakistan has this game in the bag.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    QdK has the ability to comfortably score a 120+ at a SR of 60+ against this poor attack.

What he did in the first innings was almost criminal. He doesnít need to take such risks against an attack and fielding unit of such low caliber.

If South Africa lose from here, he needs to cop the blame.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already match winning lead . I don't think South Africa can score 150+ in 2nd inning

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    QdK has the ability to comfortably score a 120+ at a SR of 60+ against this poor attack.

What he did in the first innings was almost criminal. He doesn’t need to take such risks against an attack and fielding unit of such low caliber.

If South Africa lose from here, he needs to cop the blame.
    I seem to recall some conversations that the Karachi pitch was going to deteriorate further over the rest of the match. Pakistan's best chance is to stretch the lead out to 150 and then play aggressively. I suppose it's massively convenient that Misbah knows what to do on a spinning pitch.

Don't write off Pakistan just yet-day 2 was supposed to be the best day for batting and they got over the 300 marker. After this point it's a matter of pushing the lead as far as possible.

By the way, if you seriously believe even SA can score 400 in 3-4 sessions on a bad pitch I think you're joking yourself.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lets win it by an innings

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends.

If Nauman, Hasan, and Yasir can surprise us by batting for a while, maybe posting around 50-60 collectively, we could really dominate the game.

The best-case scenario would be if one of Hasan, Nauman, or Yasir has that one good innings where they go big, maybe a 50 score which would take our total to around 400. That would be incredible, and it isn't impossible because the pitch will be flat in the morning session, the perfect time to capitalize.

The best way to bundle out SA early is through tight lines and good bowling with the new ball. Hasan and Shaheen need to make sure that they apply pressure, even if they don't take wickets. If enough pressure is applied, SA will start to take risks when we bring on both Yasir and Nauman, something which would work in our favor.

I'm not good at predictions, but I think that we will make about 348 all out.

When we are bowling, I think that Hasan Ali will have a good opening spell.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    SA batting is not strong. Pakistan has this game in the bag.
    You just jinxed Pakistan ��

Your predictions all winter have been wrong ��.

We would need you in India-England series to cheer for England.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zn426 View Post
    I seem to recall some conversations that the Karachi pitch was going to deteriorate further over the rest of the match. Pakistan's best chance is to stretch the lead out to 150 and then play aggressively. I suppose it's massively convenient that Misbah knows what to do on a spinning pitch.

Don't write off Pakistan just yet-day 2 was supposed to be the best day for batting and they got over the 300 marker. After this point it's a matter of pushing the lead as far as possible.

By the way, if you seriously believe even SA can score 400 in 3-4 sessions on a bad pitch I think you're joking yourself.
    3-4 sessions? I am talking about two days here. Ideally, South Africa should be able to bat for the next two days and then leave around 100-110 overs to take 10 Pakistani wickets.

It is very doable but South Africa is not a reliable team at the moment. They will have to play out of their skins here and they have only themselves to blame.

They have handed the match on a platter to Pakistan because of their self-destruction in the first innings. Pakistanís bowling was nothing special at all. Stupid run outs and stupid shots triggered the collapse.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa don't have the quality in these conditions to set a good enough score to win.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    There is no way SA can comeback in the game.

Pakistan can easily chase 250 here , because SA spinners are no good. If they were good enough they would have restricted Pakistan to 250 in first innings.

All the tools may be there , but if you do not have the skills to use them you will fail.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    3-4 sessions? I am talking about two days here. Ideally, South Africa should be able to bat for the next two days and then leave around 100-110 overs to take 10 Pakistani wickets.

It is very doable but South Africa is not a reliable team at the moment. They will have to play out of their skins here and they have only themselves to blame.

They have handed the match on a platter to Pakistan because of their self-destruction in the first innings. Pakistan’s bowling was nothing special at all. Stupid run outs and stupid shots triggered the collapse.
    In every game, someone has to play bad for others to loose , if Pakistan had not bowled well, they would not have induced mistakes. We need to accept the fact that in these conditions Pakistan is superior to SA.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    South Africa don't have the quality in these conditions to set a good enough score to win.
    I called it before the lack of experience of their team was gonna play a factor which it did i.e. lack of playing in away conditions. Shamsi being out has probably hampered them and i think that would've made the difference even George Linde was very ordinary on glance today, Mahraj is ok but he's more of a containment bowler as oppose to massive wicket taker, however he was always gonna struggle against a team who is superior in playing spin.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    You just jinxed Pakistan ��

Your predictions all winter have been wrong ��.

We would need you in India-England series to cheer for England.
    If I had that ability then I will become the richest person on earth.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    If Shamsi had been playing things would have been tougher, but so far the South African second spinner Linde hasn't looked very threatening.

Get a lead of 100, bowl South Africa out for 250, surely they can chase 150 in the 4th innings.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    I called it before the lack of experience of their team was gonna play a factor which it did i.e. lack of playing in away conditions. Shamsi being out has probably hampered them and i think that would've made the difference even George Linde was very ordinary on glance today, Mahraj is ok but he's more of a containment bowler as oppose to massive wicket taker, however he was always gonna struggle against a team who is superior in playing spin.
    South Africa are still good enough to win in favourable conditions for them. But they are really poor against spin and will struggle in Asia for the next few years.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to get over the fear of chasing is by successfully chasing a good score. I really hope we get 200 to chase and we complete it in a professional manner. This minnow mentality of praying for a 120 chase will get us nowhere. This is a home test against a not too strong SA side. Besides nothing really on the line here. This is the best time to start learning to win again.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anything above 120 will be a tough task and we all know Pakistan's recent chasing history (post YK/Misbah).

Azhar has the x factor to hang in there and chase, Rizwan can also be a key player.

Early days, let's see how we bowl in the 2nd innings.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think anything above 170-180 will be tough.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything over 130-150 and SA would be licking their lips knowing how Pakistan folds more often than not in the 4th inns.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    The only way to get over the fear of chasing is by successfully chasing a good score. I really hope we get 200 to chase and we complete it in a professional manner. This minnow mentality of praying for a 120 chase will get us nowhere. This is a home test against a not too strong SA side. Besides nothing really on the line here. This is the best time to start learning to win again.
    It is not just fear but also lack of skill. Chasing 250+ totals in the fourth innings requires a level of batsmanship that most of the current Pakistani batsmen are not capable off.

It has been 7 years since Pakistan chased a decent score on a tough wicket and that was mainly due to extremely defensive captaincy by Mathews in Sharjah.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not just fear but also lack of skill. Chasing 250+ totals in the fourth innings requires a level of batsmanship that most of the current Pakistani batsmen are not capable off.

It has been 7 years since Pakistan chased a decent score on a tough wicket and that was mainly due to extremely defensive captaincy by Mathews in Sharjah.
    They chased 380 in SL 5.5 years ago.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    They chased 380 in SL 5.5 years ago.
    I didnít mentioned that match because that pitch was a pancake on day 4 and 5. Even Masood scored a hundred.

When Masood scores a 4th innings hundred, you know that it is not playing like a traditional day 4-5 wicket.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnít mentioned that match because that pitch was a pancake on day 4 and 5. Even Masood scored a hundred.

When Masood scores a 4th innings hundred, you know that it is not playing like a traditional day 4-5 wicket.
    Maybe, but after being 13/2 and chasing almost 400, that's still something.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything above 150 and these mental midgets will collapse in a span of a hour.

It will be a crime if Pak allows SA to score more than 200 here.

This is the day moment Yasir has been waiting for. His time to shine and show he still got it.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Above 150 can be quite tricky I think

Hasan, Nauman and Yasir should try to add as much as possible

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Pancake or not, chasing 380 in test cricket isnt easy.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No more than 200

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    220 runs possible.

180 runs will be nice.

However , Pakistan might need just 50-100 runs at max.

Another one for the Fortress

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be an innings victory

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought innings victory was a foregone conclusion but SAF are going okayish at the moment.

I'd say they'll get about 250 now and Pak will chase those 90 odd runs quite easily.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Weíll chase anything less than 200. Realistically I expect the target to be 50 or thereabouts

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    No more than 130. Our toothless and useless bowling will ensure it's way more than that though.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Weíll chase anything less than 200. Realistically I expect the target to be 50 or thereabouts
    You mean SA will go from 84/1 to 200 all out? Yasir has to do something special for that to happen the pitch is decent for batting.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric1234 View Post
    You mean SA will go from 84/1 to 200 all out? Yasir has to do something special for that to happen the pitch is decent for batting.
    Yes it is definitely possible. Just need to be patient and take all the chances offered.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <130

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    220 runs possible.

180 runs will be nice.

Edit.

Innings victory looks unlikely now .

Pakistan to win by 8 wickets chasing 72 runs on Day 4

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pak will get to chase 100-120 max, they will romp home easily.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    No more than 130. Our toothless and useless bowling will ensure it's way more than that though.
    Pakistan is one of the better chasing / 4thcinnings teams in test cricket

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing more than 120 hopefully.

I do think we are 1 wicket away from causing a collapse.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beginning to get a little worried now. Trail by 38 with only 1 wicket down, with de Kock and Du Plessis still to come. They could very realistically get a lead above 200.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If South Africa bat all of today and it certainly seems they will, the question is, what lead are SA willing to declare on? With the pitch being so flat now apart from the rough, they would not feel comfortable unless that got a lead of 250 or more, which leaves more chance of a draw than a win for either side.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastimasti View Post
    If South Africa bat all of today and it certainly seems they will, the question is, what lead are SA willing to declare on? With the pitch being so flat now apart from the rough, they would not feel comfortable unless that got a lead of 250 or more, which leaves more chance of a draw than a win for either side.
    The pitch is flat? Lol what are you watching?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    220 runs possible.

180 runs will be nice.

Edit.

Innings victory looks unlikely now .

Pakistan to win by 8 wickets chasing 72 runs on Day 4
    Edit 2

Pakistan to win by 7 wickets chasing 94 runs

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit 2

Edit 3

The lead will be well over 100 by tomorrow evening.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Customary collapse for Pak coming . . Anything over 150, and its SA's game for the taking

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Edit 2

Time for edit 3

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    The pitch is flat? Lol what are you watching?
    A pitch with no turn apart from the rough, no bounce and the conditions are not allowing the ball to swing (there is a bit of reverse). That is what a flat pitch means.

If you think only of day one then obviously it has changed a lot since then.
    Last edited by mastimasti; 28th January 2021 at 17:07.