Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Okay, I get your point. But why are they going through all the effort to send a security team, announcing/agreeing the tour, etc.? In the past they would just refuse right away based on government advide.
    NZ also did whole security screening and in fact landed in Pakistan. Still they cancelled everything when the threat perception elevated.

It is all about the level of threat perceived and trust in the local authorities on the ground to handle the same. NZ did not trust Pakistan, do not think Australia will be any different.
    But let's see, at least CA has cleared to tour for now.

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Also, other countries like England and Canada have Pakistan in the "Exercise a high degree of caution" category while Australia have it as reconsider travel still.
    I think it changed after situation in Afghanistan changed. It was caution earlier to that.

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    I think it changed after situation in Afghanistan changed. It was caution earlier to that.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20210323.../asia/pakistan

Here's what it was in March this year. Was at Do Not Travel.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have followed these advisories somewhat closely I the last couple of years. Travel advisory for Pakistan has always been upgraded in that time and never downgraded, except for covid.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Australian security delegation along with PCB officials in a meeting with Federal Interior Minister.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To ans the question weather aus will travel to Pakistan or not, one just need to go n the read the travel advisory issued by the aus foreign office regarding Pakistan.

After reading it u won't want to visit Pakistan either.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australian government's travel advisory for Pakistan seems to still think it is 2012/2013. They need to get with the programme, and get over themselves.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Travel advisory is for tourists and visitors in general. You can’t possibly argue that the same travel advisory applies for International touring athletes or political delegates lol

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    Australian government's travel advisory for Pakistan seems to still think it is 2012/2013. They need to get with the programme, and get over themselves.
    It was actually worse a few months ago. NZ seems to have the worst travel advisory. These countries are still a decade or so behind, I agree.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    It was actually worse a few months ago. NZ seems to have the worst travel advisory. These countries are still a decade or so behind, I agree.
    Itís a game of perception. But I have heard from lot of Pakistanis on this forum and in general life that they donít care how Western countries perceive them. So should not bother them.
    Australia and NZ will worry more about their citizens as compared to how the travel advisory looks to outside world.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh but they will. They have not toured Pakistan since 1998.. A small thing here and there and Aussies will be on first plane back home.
    I have no doubt they might run away after a small and inconsequential incident. But I think they are less likely to fall for hoaxes owing to more robust military and intelligence service.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aus will not tour Pakistan and Pakistan should not make this as an issue either. When you have to provide presidential level security to a touring team , you are NOT ready or safe. Stop moaning about it

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectionPersonified View Post
    Aus will not tour Pakistan and Pakistan should not make this as an issue either. When you have to provide presidential level security to a touring team , you are NOT ready or safe. Stop moaning about it
    Pakistan is safe enough to play without presidential level security. The reason why it is done is due to being extremely careful and cautious after the 2009 incident, and it's the only way to give confidence to visiting teams/players to ensure safety. Think of it as an "extra-safety" net sort of thing.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's what you're wishing for , get ready for a big disappointment

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad has assured foolproof security for the Australia team, who are scheduled to tour Pakistan next year.

The Aussies are due to visit Pakistan in March-April 2022 to play three Tests, three ODIs and a T20I in Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi.

The delegation, which had arrived in Karachi on December 7, met the minister in Islamabad, where Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Director International Cricket Zakir Khan was also present.

“We have finalised the security arrangements for Australia visit,” Rasheed said. “Our Prime Minister is also an ex-cricketer and Pakistan is safe for the game.”

He further said that the people are waiting to see Australia in action in Pakistan for the past 24 years.

The four-member delegation includes three officials from Australia and a renowned security expert Rigg Dixon.

The delegation will also visit Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore and Pindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/202...ustralia-tour/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    If that's what you're wishing for , get ready for a big disappointment
    I am definitely not wishing for this , having lived for over 20 years in Australia, I know the culture far better. In fact will be disappointed if Australia doesnít tour Pakistan. I am just staring the FACT.For Aussies Pakistan and Afghanistan not much different. Playerís families get involved and I donít blame them. You will start hearing excuses pretty soon after the Ashes.
    Last edited by PerfectionPersonified; 11th December 2021 at 10:20.

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking of travelling from London to Karachi for the first test.

What is the safest hotel in Karachi? Avari Towers seems to have specific measures in place to prevent bombing attacks. Or would the Marriot be safer?

Also, does anyone know when tickets will go on sale and how do we purchase them?

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    I am thinking of travelling from London to Karachi for the first test.

What is the safest hotel in Karachi? Avari Towers seems to have specific measures in place to prevent bombing attacks. Or would the Marriot be safer?

Also, does anyone know when tickets will go on sale and how do we purchase them?
    Not sure you need to worry about that. You are more likely to get hit by a lightning.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am definitely not wishing for this , having lived for over 20 years in Australia, I know the culture far better. In fact will be disappointed if Australia doesnít tour Pakistan. I am just staring the FACT.For Aussies Pakistan and Afghanistan not much different. Playerís families get involved and I donít blame them. You will start hearing excuses pretty soon after the Ashes.
    The security team is visiting Pakistan and will give the report. Australia also confirmed the tour dates/agreed to the initial tour.

They have never done this in the past - this time it's reaching a much more advanced stage. So while they may not tour, the chances are a lot higher this time.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The delegation also expressed their satisfaction over the security arrangements for the cricket matches likely to be played at the National Stadium"

This is a newspaper/Pakistan conclusion or something communicated by the delegation? Chances are it's the former and while I hope international teams tour pakistan again, i don't see that happening with Australia visiting pakistan as early as mar'22.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Cricket Australia's (CA) security delegation have arrived in Lahore and inspected arrangements at the iconic Gaddafi Stadium today.

Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) Director International Zakir Khan briefed the four-member delegation. The visit of experts to Lahore also includes a visit to Safe City along with law enforcement officials.

Earlier this week, the delegation also visited Karachi and Islamabad. They will also view the security arrangements during the series Pakistan and West Indies next week.

CricketPakistan

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    PCB COO Salman Naseer speaking to the press:

“It was for no fault of ours [referring to COVID-19 outbreak in Windies camp]"

“Australia’s security team was on a recce trip during the T20s and it’s not a security issue but a virus issue which is beyond our control. We went by global standards of isolation and testing.”

"There should be absolutely no impact on Australia’s Pakistan tour"
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th December 2021 at 12:20.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The end of the TTP ceasefire could cause some concerns on Australian side.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    These Aussies need an excuse and I would be pleasantly surprised if they do tour.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Covid
    Terrorism threats
    Unseasonal weather

Plenty of other excuses available too.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Covid
    Terrorism threats
    Unseasonal weather

Plenty of other excuses available too.
    A very strict stance by PCB needs to be taken if that does happen.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would it change things? The ceasefire was only for one month. Before that TTP was carrying attacks - only occasional ones around the Afghan border. They are very weak nowadays.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Has there been any major terror attack in any of the major cities? If not, then whats the concern?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Has there been any major terror attack in any of the major cities? If not, then whats the concern?
    Nope nothing. A couple of small blasts and shootings in the area bordering Afghanistan here and there, but that has been happening in the past 2+ years, nothing new has happened.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something extraordinary would need to happen at this point for Australia to back out. After NZ and England, there is tremendous pressure to tour and rightfully so. Lame excuses wonít really work any longer, of course they could pull out if they really wanted but it would be a terrible look.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After NZ, we cannot even say we will believe when Australia arrives here in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    CA ‘very committed’ to Pakistan tour

Meanwhile, Cricket Australia CE Hockley is adamant Australia’s first Test tour to Pakistan in 24 years will go ahead in March despite fresh COVID-19 concerns about the Omicron strain.

Series between the two countries have only been played in Australia, UAE and England since 1998 because of security issues in Pakistan.

“We just had a (CA management) team go over to Pakistan,” Hockley said.

“We are working closely with the PCB and all the authorities.

“It’s a really complex endeavour, we are very committed to touring.

“It is absolutely our intention to tour as long as it is safe to do so.”

Australia have not played a Test match overseas since the 2019 Ashes finale at The Oval but are due to tour India and Sri Lanka next year as well as the scheduled trip to Pakistan.

https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/c...leak-c-5088240
    Last edited by MenInG; 26th December 2021 at 12:20.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    And as expected, here they come with the ifs, buts and maybes.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Let them 1st tour India.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are just wasting Pakistan's cricket fans' time, we all know they aren't coming to Pakistan in 2022.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The chances of Australia touring Pakistan are similar to me buying a Mclaren 720s spider.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CA ‘very committed’ to Pakistan tour

Meanwhile, Cricket Australia CE Hockley is adamant Australia’s first Test tour to Pakistan in 24 years will go ahead in March despite fresh COVID-19 concerns about the Omicron strain.

Series between the two countries have only been played in Australia, UAE and England since 1998 because of security issues in Pakistan.

“We just had a (CA management) team go over to Pakistan,” Hockley said.

“We are working closely with the PCB and all the authorities.

“It’s a really complex endeavour, we are very committed to touring.

“It is absolutely our intention to tour as long as it is safe to do so.”

Australia have not played a Test match overseas since the 2019 Ashes finale at The Oval but are due to tour India and Sri Lanka next year as well as the scheduled trip to Pakistan.

https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/c...leak-c-5088240

Whats complex about it?

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    Whats complex about it?
    Reason to not tour.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Whats complex about it?
    I really don't understand either. Play cricket, eat curry and go home

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Whats complex about it?
    They make it complicated:

Security issues
    Covid issues

Even if their security experts ok the tour, then the players association gets involved.

I will be very surprised if this lot turn up in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At the moment we all might as well put a few random bets on at the bookies, would be a better chance of coming up trumps than the Aussie tour of Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this interesting. While Australia haven't toured Pakistan since 1998, they actually did send an A team to Pakistan in late 2007 that featured players like David Hussey, Adam Voges, Stuart MacGill, Jason Gillespie etc.
    Last edited by MenInG; 27th December 2021 at 10:12.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Reason to not tour.
    yeh but what reason or reason to say currently its complicated, thus saying they have issues with certain things = however they haven't even started a report- so how can they say its complicated

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    I really don't understand either. Play cricket, eat curry and go home
    ur right, and visit some empty zoo's

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Australia is going to insist on playing in the UAE, or the tour gets scrapped for now. Funny, because they might have a chance of competing in Pakistan while they will categorically get smashed in the UAE.

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way teams will commit to actually playing in pakistan is for the pakistan test team to become world number 1 which looking at the players they have the skills and ability to do .

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They make it complicated:

Security issues
    Covid issues

Even if their security experts ok the tour, then the players association gets involved.

I will be very surprised if this lot turn up in Pakistan.
    i fully understand saj, i still don't get why people who don't want to play cricket and come up with poor excuses which the report finding do not have any proof - but just accusations - yet a contract has already been signed Pakistan have to put thr foot down on this - a contract is a contract.

If they do cancel the tour - we cant fill the gap to play another country - home / away / neutral - thr all playing each other in February / march - only teams who are free are Zimbabwe / Afghanistan/ ireland.

Wont mind playing Afghanistan - but we all know they will pull out for personal reasons.

Time for Rameez to pull up his sleeves and get dirty

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I cant seem them touring And if they dont pakistan shouldnt tour them either until they do

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope it goes ahead

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    I cant seem them touring And if they dont pakistan shouldnt tour them either until they do
    Don't think they care whether Pakistan tours them or not. Pakistan's performances over there are so poor that they have started to give us 2 games as compared to 3 which we always get when touring Australia. Plus the last time we toured them, we didn't even get the boxing day test match which is a clear indicator that they think of us as a minnow & tbh our performances in Australia suggest that indeed we are a minnow especially as far as test matches in Australia are concerned.

Hosting Pakistan is not that profitable for them because not a lot of Pakistani lives in Australia, only about 100,000 to 125,000 Pakistani live in Australia.

Australia would be hoping that Pakistan would do something stupid like this(we won't tour you unless you tour us) & in return, they won't have to host Pakistan even for those 2 matches as well.
    Last edited by ChTab; 28th December 2021 at 20:16.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Australian Cricketers’ Association chief executive Todd Greenberg says the players are keen to tour Pakistan, with preliminary scouting underway.

In November it was revealed that Australia would in March embark on a tour of the country for the first time since 1998.

Cricket Australia and the ACA recently sent representatives to the subcontinent, with the two organisations having begun to sketch out logistics and security.

“(CA CEO) Nick Hockley and myself both sent representatives from our organisations,” Greenberg told Sportsday on Wednesday night.

“They’ve just come back from a 10-day ‘pre-tour’. We’ll provide some reports from those pre-tours and they’ll go to our respective boards.

“I’m not an expert, we’re not experts in international relations and security, so we’ll be relying on some of the best experts in the world on this.”

Australia’s last visit to Pakistan is best-remembered for captain Mark Taylor’s declaration when he was on 334 in Peshawar, which left him level with Donald Bradman’s Australian Test record score.

The tourists won the first Test in Rawalpindi by an innings and 99 runs on the back of a Steve Waugh century and nine wickets from Stuart MacGill.

The following two Tests in Peshawar and Karachi were drawn before Australia swept the three-match one-day series.

Current Australian coach Justin Langer batted at first drop, and battled back from a first-ball duck in the first Test to record a century in Peshawar and a fighting 51 in Karachi.

A quarter of a century later, he could lead Australia back to the place where he established himself in the Test team.

“We’re really keen to tour,” Greenberg affirmed.

“We think it’s an important part of our obligation to the global game, for our players to continue to tour, but clearly we want to make sure there’s safe passage for them.”

Pakistan did not host a Test match at home for more than 10 years, after a bus carrying Sri Lankan cricketers was fired upon by gunmen in Lahore in March, 2009.

The Sri Lankan team returned in the second half of 2019 to play two Tests and six white-ball matches, followed by Bangladesh for one Test in 2020, while South Africa played five-day fixtures in Karachi and Rawalpindi in early 2021.

However in September, both New Zealand and England pulled out of planned tours, leaving the Pakistan Cricket Board apoplectic.

The Black Caps cited an “escalation” to security threat levels, while England pinned it on “mental and physical wellbeing,” and alluded to security and COVID restrictions.

Greenberg is optimistic the Australian tour will befall no such fate, but acknowledges there may be individuals who won’t feel comfortable visiting the country.

“Ultimately, there might be some players who decide that it’s not for them,” he admitted.

“We have great respect for that. What we need to do first and foremost is provide the best information, and give them all of that information, so they can make informed decisions.

“But if a player or two decides that this tour is not for them, then that’s a decision we’ll respect and we’ll support them on.

“Before we even get to that, we’ve got to satisfy ourselves that the tour can proceed, and we’re doing that really closely with CA and aligning our interests to make sure we get the information we need.”

The first Test is set to commence on March 3 in Karachi, followed by matches in Rawalpindi and Lahore.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/12/...-keen-to-tour/

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChTab View Post
    Don't think they care whether Pakistan tours them or not. Pakistan's performances over there are so poor that they have started to give us 2 games as compared to 3 which we always get when touring Australia. Plus the last time we toured them, we didn't even get the boxing day test match which is a clear indicator that they think of us as a minnow & tbh our performances in Australia suggest that indeed we are a minnow especially as far as test matches in Australia are concerned.

Hosting Pakistan is not that profitable for them because not a lot of Pakistani lives in Australia, only about 100,000 to 125,000 Pakistani live in Australia.

Australia would be hoping that Pakistan would do something stupid like this(we won't tour you unless you tour us) & in return, they won't have to host Pakistan even for those 2 matches as well.
    I think the dark era of Misbah is over, things will only get better now . Domestic structure is better and some very talented cricketers are emerging in Pakistan. Rameez is keen to see Pakistan doing well in Australia and dropped "Australian" wickets in Lahore and Karachi will certainly help.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    How can cricket progress when the main teams don't play home and away? Just get it done. In football all of this is a non issue, the show must go on.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    How can cricket progress when the main teams don't play home and away? Just get it done. In football all of this is a non issue, the show must go on.
    It's real tiring how much of a circus this is. Pakistan has been hosting cricket and PSL for 4 years, security situation is good, there isn't any reason to mess around.

In football as you mentioned FIFA is strict about this and insists that matches go ahead.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ben Cutting hopes Australia are cleared to tour Pakistan next year, when he will return to the cricket-loving nation for another stop on the Twenty20 circuit.

Cricket Australia (CA) recently conducted a reconnaissance trip to Pakistan ahead of a tour slated for March, when Justin Langer's side are poised to play three Tests and four white-ball matches.

If the trip proceeds it will mark Australia's first cricket tour of the country since 1998.

Pakistan has hosted the majority of its cricket in the UAE since the 2009 armed attack on Sri Lanka's team bus in Lahore.

Cutting is one Australian to have repeatedly visited Pakistan in recent years, having joined Tim Paine and George Bailey in a World XI for an exhibition T20 series in 2017.

The Sydney Thunder allrounder is poised to link up with Peshawar Zalmi for the next edition of the Pakistan Super League, most likely flying out a day after his BBL campaign ends.

"Not once have I been worried about the security side of things," Cutting told AAP.

"The second visit I was more worried about COVID than anything else because that was kicking off.

"I hope the Aussie boys get to tour there.

"The locals would certainly love that.

"They're just so passionate. They get massive crowds for games and if one of the best teams in the world, like Australia, are playing they'd absolutely love it."

Cutting's immediate focus is on his side's New Year's Eve clash with Adelaide Strikers, and pushing for a BBL title.

The 34-year-old, among several Australians hoping for good news in next month's IPL 'mega auction', will soon map out a plan for his T20 commitments in 2022.

The COVID-19 pandemic has reshaped the life of T20 guns for hire in several aspects.

Cutting remains keen to stay on the T20 circuit, but admitted the biosecurity bubble lifestyle can "certainly grind you down".

"If you're lucky enough to get picked up (in the IPL), fantastic. If not, you get a bit of time at home, which is fleeting," he said.

The Thunder will look to prized recruit Saqib Mahmood to fire at Adelaide Oval, extending a hot start to his debut BBL season.

Cutting admitted he was surprised England's Test selectors overlooked Mahmood this summer.

"It's probably only a matter of time until he joins their Test squad," he said.

"You never know (when) in this current environment. You've always got to be on stand by.

"He's done so well for us. He swings the ball early and can bowl fantastically well at the death."

https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/p...ting-c-5134017

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Australia hasn't toured any country since covid hit. It will be interesting to see which country, if any, they tour next.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shane Warne on TV:

"We often talk about India but the passion for cricket in Pakistan - they are super passionate for cricket in Pakistan"

"They haven't had lot of cricket in Pakistan, lot of international tours have been cancelled at the last minute, it hasn't been easy for that country"

"A lot of their players haven't played Test matches in Pakistan which is a real shame - its not right that, is it?"

"So imagine as a young Pakistan player that you have not played a Test in Pakistan"

"I was lucky enough to have toured Pakistan in 1994, which was amazing and then we had the 1996 World Cup in India and Pakistan where we lost to Sri Lanka in the final - they absolutely love their cricket"

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Omicron outbreak has come at a very inconvenient time for Pakistan. Hopefully the tour can still go ahead

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shane Warne on TV:

"We often talk about India but the passion for cricket in Pakistan - they are super passionate for cricket in Pakistan"

"They haven't had lot of cricket in Pakistan, lot of international tours have been cancelled at the last minute, it hasn't been easy for that country"

"A lot of their players haven't played Test matches in Pakistan which is a real shame - its not right that, is it?"

"So imagine as a young Pakistan player that you have not played a Test in Pakistan"

"I was lucky enough to have toured Pakistan in 1994, which was amazing and then we had the 1996 World Cup in India and Pakistan where we lost to Sri Lanka in the final - they absolutely love their cricket"
    These are the things which fans from other countries ignore or take it for granted about Pakistani team. Playing in empty UAE stadiums does not equate to playing in Pakistan infront of their home crowd. This is necessary for any player's development. Still Pakistan didn't get demotivated and kept on playing. Their fans too didn't let the game die in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane Warne on TV:

Yes, I was watching and listening Sydney testa and these very nice comments about Pakistan from Warne and other commentators. They spoke about Pakistan tour at multiple times and commented about Khawaja's motivation to do good in this test to get selected for the tour of country of his birth. Looks like tour will go ahead although covid situation is still a main concern.

In SA Omicron peak was short lived but not so far in USA and Europe. They coming in March, I'm very optimistic Omicron situation will be all right by then. Hope PSL is managed sensibly.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shane Warne on TV:

Video:

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Players chief Todd Greenberg has made a personal commitment to Australia’s cricketers that he will join them in Pakistan should final security approvals for the tour be ticked off, although he will not be surprised if “a few” decide not to make the trip.

A first Australian tour to Pakistan since 1998, when Mark Taylor’s side won a three-Test series 1-0, will be a significant event in the history of the game, not least because Cricket Australia has some ground to make up in terms of its global reputation.

There will also be wider advantages to the tour, as a point of strengthening diplomatic relations between Australia and Pakistan. Cricketing links were once used as a way of drawing the economies of Australia and India closer together, and former captain Greg Chappell wrote a recent column imploring the Australians to tour.

For Greenberg, who has served as the chief executive of the Australian Cricketers Association for a year, the tour and its security arrangements are an important step in his building of rapport with players who will trust him to deliver an agreeable outcome to pay negotiations later this year.

“I’ve made an assurance to the players that they won’t go alone,” Greenberg told The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald on Monday. “If they’re going to Pakistan, I’ll be going with them and I think that’s important. It’s an opportunity to show the players that we’re in this together.

“The ACA accompanied Cricket Australia on a pre-tour of Pakistan late last year, and the reports were all very positive. But we’ll continue to take the advice of DFAT and other government organisations, as we need to be able to satisfy not just the players, but their families, that it’s safe to tour.

“There may be one or two players who won’t be comfortable despite the best advice we give, and that’s OK, we need to respect that.”

CA chief executive Nick Hockley is also planning to travel to Pakistan for at least some of the tour, while the interim chair Richard Freudenstein may visit for a period to meet with his counterpart Ramiz Raja – unless a new permanent chair is chosen by then.

England’s decision to call off a brief trip to Pakistan prior to the T20 World Cup last year was widely criticised and led to the resignation of the ECB’s then chair Ian Watmore. At the time, Ramiz made it clear that he was expecting CA to try similar moves.

“If the cricket fraternity will not take care of each other then there’s no point,” Ramiz said. “England, Australia, New Zealand is all one bloc. Who can we complain to? We thought they were our own but they haven’t accepted us as theirs ... this western bloc gets united unfortunately and tries to back each other.

“It’s the feeling of being used and then binned – that is the feeling that I have right now. West Indies could be a little jittery and we know that the Australians will probably do what the New Zealanders and England have done. So there goes our domestic international calendar.”

Greenberg, however, said a balance needed to be struck between fulfilling international commitments and giving players the room to withdraw from tours if they feel the need.

“We have to be kind and patient with each other, and there’ll be a player or two who say, ‘You know what, this is not for me at this particular point in my life and career, I’m not comfortable going’. If that’s the case, we need to have great respect for that,” Greenberg told SEN Radio during the SCG Test match.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...10-p59n69.html

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very annoyed about this sitiuation.

1. I'm fed up of the interiority complex and negativity and whinging from Pakistan fans who choose to blame PCB etc. PCB or Pakistan are not to blame.

2. I'm fed up of ACB and commetators acting like they are doing Pakistan a favour by touring us and treating us like a minnow cricket nation. We are a cricketing heavyweight and by touring, you are fulfilling an obligation and NOT doing us a favour.

Do NOT come if you want us to beg or if you think you are doing us some kind of favour. If you do come - welcome.

I think we should do nothing more then prove the security is good and do not bend over backwards for these clowns.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies - we are Pakistan not a cricketing minnow. We are a civilization with a proud past and our ancestors are not a bunch of convicts. We did not steal our country by wiping out most of the indiginous native population to whom that land belongs. Come if you want to fulfill your obligation honourably. Do one if you think we are inferior and you are doing us a favour.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The PSL could come back to bite us.

If the PCB canít successfully complete the PSL in Pakistan, and it gets moved to the UAE, the Aussies will 100% want the tour to be in the UAE.

If you canít complete your league in your own country, how will you manage to host an international tour?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    The PSL could come back to bite us.

If the PCB canít successfully complete the PSL in Pakistan, and it gets moved to the UAE, the Aussies will 100% want the tour to be in the UAE.

If you canít complete your league in your own country, how will you manage to host an international tour?
    Yup you're right. If the league gets postponed or disrupted in any way they won't come. I can still see them use COVID as an excuse.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    I am very annoyed about this sitiuation.

1. I'm fed up of the interiority complex and negativity and whinging from Pakistan fans who choose to blame PCB etc. PCB or Pakistan are not to blame.

2. I'm fed up of ACB and commetators acting like they are doing Pakistan a favour by touring us and treating us like a minnow cricket nation. We are a cricketing heavyweight and by touring, you are fulfilling an obligation and NOT doing us a favour.

Do NOT come if you want us to beg or if you think you are doing us some kind of favour. If you do come - welcome.

I think we should do nothing more then prove the security is good and do not bend over backwards for these clowns.
    This is true. If this statement comes out of Ramiz, or anyone important enough at world stage to be heard then we're starting to talk back. For that we need 2-3 high profile tours to go smoothly without any drama. So we'll have to beg for another year or so and hope that there's no glitch. After that the PCB can shout.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    2 and a bit months to the start of the matches.

Nothing positive coming from Cricket Australia as yet - the longer this goes on, the bigger the concerns for PCB and the less chance of this tour occurring.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most likely tour won't happen or complete because of Covid. It is unfortunate but it will be a trouble for the next few years as well.

Australia will just cite Covid fear few weeks before the tour and that'll be it.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 and a bit months to the start of the matches.

Nothing positive coming from Cricket Australia as yet - the longer this goes on, the bigger the concerns for PCB and the less chance of this tour occurring.
    Isn't the tour already confirmed. So as long as nothing comes from Australian side, isn't it a good news?

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As expected whining and complaining already started from these Aussies

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I canít see the tour happening Iím afraid

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    On the worst case scenario i would move the series to UAE.

Pakistan needs cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Doha, Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    On the worst case scenario i would move the series to UAE.

Pakistan needs cricket.
    Although yes Pakistan needs cricket, we should never be going back to the UAE, unless another attack like the bus attack in Lahore 2009 happens again, otherwise, teams like Australia will just make an excuse so that they make Pakistan move series to UAE.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar_Azam_fan View Post
    Exactly one year from now, Australia is scheduled to tour(full tour) Pakistan. By the looks of it, cricket is fully back in Pakistan, after the full tour of South Africa

There are 4 big teams (excluding India because thereíll be no series in the foreseeable future) SA, NZ, ENG and AUS

-SA has already toured (for a full tour)
    -ENG has already committed to tour (T20I series) Pakistan before the T20I World Cup in Oct of this year
    -NZ will most likely tour in October too due the scheduled (LOI) series

The biggest question is will Australia tour Pakistan, especially for a full series?

This is the FTP for the series
    2 TESTS
    3 ODIs
    3 T20Is
    Pakistani govt (regardless of the ruling party) does not have the capability and resources to secure every single inch of this immensely thick populated country of 220 million people. I think no country or govt has this luxury and ability.

So, anti pakistan forces who feel like having a raging fire being lit up in their rear ends (namely India) when they see white teams returning to Pak, will try its best to sabotage the event. They might just cause a terror related activity perhaps not close to the cricket stadium but in the same or in another city to cause havoc. This will quite likely result in cancellation or early abandonment of the trip.

I think the chances of this unfortunate event happening is about 25 percent. I hope I am wrong and this never happens. Amen.

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing can be said until Australia arrives in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Mitchell Starc when speaking with the media earlier today:

“We had a bit of a briefing the other day about the upcoming tour. I think it gives time for all players to process that information"

Doesn't sound too promising does it.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mitchell Starc when speaking with the media earlier today:

ďWe had a bit of a briefing the other day about the upcoming tour. I think it gives time for all players to process that information"

Doesn't sound too promising does it.
    This is the thing. I mentioned it in a separate thread: itís all very well the Australian commentators, old pros and ex players strongly encouraging the tour to go ahead, but a more realistic insight will be gained by speaking to the actual existing players who would be hypothetically involved with the tour.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some positive stuff..

==

Pat Cummins believes the vast majority of Australia's Test squad will travel to Pakistan but the skipper fully understands if any teammates opt out of the tour.

Cricket Australia (CA) is yet to press players for a final decision regarding the multi-format series in Pakistan, which is slated to begin on March 3 with a Test in Karachi.

But selectors have started to thrash out plans for a busy couple of months, when Australia's white-ball series against New Zealand and Sri Lanka will be quickly followed by the Pakistan tour then the IPL.

Players and staff have been given a preliminary briefing about security measures in Pakistan before Australia's first tour of the nation since 1998.

"Still a bit to work through ... but at this stage it's all looking really positive," Cummins said.

"The amount of work the PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) has put into it is fantastic.

"It's shaping up as, I think just about everyone - if not all - will go.

"If some players need to make a choice, it's absolutely fine that they won't be there.

"Still got a bit of water to go under the bridge, a bit more info to gather and get around to everyone."

In February, Australia's best players will likely be split into a white-ball squad at home and a Test touring party in Pakistan.

Cummins is concerned about bubble fatigue, knowing freedoms for players will likely continue to be restricted because of COVID-19.

"We're two years in, so we've learned a lot," he said.

"But it also means probably some players are further along their tether.

"It's unprecedented times, we just have to make sure we look after each other.

"Conversations are happening. The selectors have been great along with the coaching staff."

This summer marks the first time Cummins has donned the baggy green since losing to India a year ago, while it is the first five-Test series during the COVID-19 era.

Cummins said he doubted whether the rivals would get through five Tests, especially after Travis Head contracted coronavirus.

"And just about everyone I know in Sydney has COVID," Cummins said.

"We've been tested just about every day for the last 20 days.

"It's just been fantastic that we've got through the series."

https://7news.com.au/sport/cricket/p...mins-c-5294388
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th January 2022 at 12:41.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    771 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They should tour. Great chance to win a series in the SC.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'