Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Groove Mera | PSL Official Anthem 2021 | Naseebo Lal, Aima Baig & Young Stunners

The HBL Pakistan Super League 6 anthem, “Groove Mera” has been launched today. The anthem will be playing on leading TV channels and will also be available on HBL PSL digital platforms throughout the 2021 edition of the most popular Pakistani cricket event of the calendar.

Continuing the rich tradition of entertaining HBL PSL fans with a new anthem for each season, “Groove Mera” refers to the swing and feel of the movements of cricketers. It refers to moments of finesse that one finds in the heart of every cricket match.

This year’s anthem also reflects the realities of the Covid-19 pandemic. As majority of the fans will be watching Pakistan’s biggest sporting event remotely, this anthem cheers both players on the field and their fans at home as they celebrate their groove!

The anthem is a celebration of Pakistan’s musical diversity. The mix of artists is particularly exciting as it represents artists from opposite ends of Pakistan’s musical spectrum. The anthem brings together voices from Pakistan’s rich musical landscape: regional folk and urban sounds of pop and hip-hop.

Singer Naseebo Lal is an industry veteran and cultural icon, whose grasp over regional tradition is acknowledged by fans and music critics across the country.

Aima Baig is considered the pop symbol of this generation, having voiced some of Pakistan’s biggest hits in the past few years. Alongside these two powerhouse female artists, the HBL PSL 6 anthem features hip-hop superstars, Young Stunners, who with their grounded voice and social outlook have gained an unprecedented online following.

The video, directed by Fida Moin, includes six leading cricketers who would be featuring for their respective franchises in the tournament, the players are Shadab Khan (Islamabad United) Shan Masood (Multan Sultans), Sarfaraz Ahmed (Quetta Gladiators), Babar Azam (Karachi Kings), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Lahore Qalandars) and Wahab Riaz (Peshawar Zalmi).

Director Commercial PCB Babar Hamid: “The HBL Pakistan Super League 6 anthem ‘Groove Mera’ is the latest addition to the blockbuster anthems that the league has produced over the years. Each year we have endeavoured to produce top-quality HBL PSL anthems and all our previous anthems have made a big impact and have been received very well by our fans in Pakistan and abroad.

“This year’s anthem has been sung by the legendary Naseebo Lal and features the hugely popular star Aima Baig along with the young sensation Young Stunners. We are confident that the fans will appreciate the anthem and it will make them groove like the anthems of the past did.

“Meanwhile, we are fully focused and as always working around-the-clock with the sole intention of delivering another exciting and world-class edition of the HBL PSL which will once again provide rich entertainment through quality cricket with some of the biggest T20 stars in the world playing their trade at the National Stadium and Gaddafi Stadium.

“The fans in Karachi and Lahore that will be re-entering the stadiums after a year-long gap, will have a lot to look forward to both with in terms of the on-field action and ‘Groove Mera’ entertaining them in the stands!”

Naseebo Lal: “It feels great to be a part of the anthem because I have never done a song like this where I have enjoyed myself so much.”

Aima Baig: “I feel overwhelmed - it’s been an amazing journey and I’m really thankful for the opportunity. The vibe of the anthem is very street and urban with elements of festival EDM.”

Young Stunners, Talha Younis: “I’m honoured to be a part of the HBL PSL 6 anthem and it’s been an excellent experience. This time the HBL PSL has tried something different and out-of-the-box and I feel like people would love it.”

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Groove Mera | HBL PSL Official Anthem 2021 | Naseebo Lal, Aima Baig & Young Stunners | #HBLPSL6

Last edited by MenInG; 6th February 2021 at 21:56.

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Poll added!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its not a bad song. They took 3 different kind of music trends in Pakistan and mixed it into one. Three generations mixed and they came out with a good song.

Its going to be a tournament held during the pandemic, so they have talked about mostly about the viewers watching it on TV.

Anyways, people on facebook will hate it just for the sake of it. Not understanding the song or anything. Don't understand what people want in this country

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Poll added!
    could you add a third option. Not good or bad, decent.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Firebat can you please add Decent Good or Bad something like that

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is decent. Nothing great not bad either

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghattiya tareen artists...cheap sasta music ...
    I am a rock guy and this really bleeds my ears. No feel, no soul. Man i miss the 90's. That was when Pakistan produced actual artists.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Oh man that is really bad.

Naseebo Lal looks out of place, her voice doesn't seem suited to this type of thing.

The 2 young lads are terrible.

The only decent part is the blonde haired lady.

Probably the worst of the PSL anthems.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    I am a rock guy and this really bleeds my ears. No feel, no soul. Man i miss the 90's. That was when Pakistan produced actual artists.
    Its a global thing. Cheap sasta music has become a norm.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    could you add a third option. Not good or bad, decent.
    Added more options

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Naseebo Lal looks out of place, her voice doesn't seem suited to this type of thing.

Who decides what artists to hire?
    This is incredibly bad. Just check the social media response. I am a part-time musician myself and I would rather kill myself than have my name associated with such garbage. This is just ridiculous.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock is almost dead around the globe so you won't find any mainstream rock artist now a days anywhere

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Its a global thing. Cheap sasta music has become a norm.
    I dont listen to any new artist. The soul has gone away from music.
    It is all a game to sell stuff or to complement getting wasted and all that hollow party lifestyle.

The 80's and 90's music still does it for me.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is really average and it keeps getting low every year... they should just hire one musician and give him complete freedom to do justice to the song... what's the obsession with keep chopping changing hiring new ones and not giving proper chance to anyone in a 3 4 minute song...

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    Rock is almost dead around the globe so you won't find any mainstream rock artist now a days anywhere
    It is not just rock. I appreciate other genres that involve actual music playing.
    Atleast use actual musical instruments man.
    Have artists who can sing and compose. Atleast have lyrics that are audible. This is just a work done behind some fancy software.
    Last edited by Pacy with wisdom; 7th February 2021 at 00:02.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the Young Stunners ive heard before, downgraded from thier usual self.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is PCB wasting money on people performing in circus leagues invest the money, so pak don’t come back with there tail between there legs 3-0 against the Southern Hemisphere teams.
    Last edited by Saj; 7th February 2021 at 03:30.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think naseebo part wasn’t the worst actually and could have gotten away as a dance track if they kept the beat and added a few of her vocals across the whole song, rap in Urdu Punjabi Hindi just sounds very cringe in my opinion and with a beat like this doesn’t work.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    I think naseebo part wasn’t the worst actually and could have gotten away as a dance track if they kept the beat and added a few of her vocals across the whole song, rap in Urdu Punjabi Hindi just sounds very cringe in my opinion and with a beat like this doesn’t work.
    ever heard of Bohemia?

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on earth do they have to make one every season?

With every passing year getting worse in quality and sound.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think hating on PSL anthems is thought of as cool these days.

I think this one is really good! Love the chorus... Got good energy and has got that sing along feel to it. I don't think Naseebo Lal is out of place. I quite like the decision to include Young Stunners too as they've got a solid following with the youth.

This is way better than Tayyar Ho and the garbage that Fawad sang; khel deewano ka.

I think the Pakistani people like the jingle type songs more... The types that Ali Zafar sang for the first couple of seasons; seeti bajay gi etc. You can't keep doing the same thing again and again. I think they did a great job with this track!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post

I think this one is really good! Love the chorus... Got good energy and has got that sing along feel to it. I don't think Naseebo Lal is out of place. I quite like the decision to include Young Stunners too as they've got a solid following with the youth.

This is way better than Tayyar Ho and the garbage that Fawad sang; khel deewano ka.

I think the Pakistani people like the jingle type songs more... The types that Ali Zafar sang for the first couple of seasons; seeti bajay gi etc. You can't keep doing the same thing again and again. I think they did a great job with this track!
    I think more than excessive criticism is considered as cool nowadays but I personally feel you must learn from your mistakes last time they did the same thing by putting so many singers in a song.. it's better to just give one singer a chance to give his best shot rather than mixing it up with everything..!!

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzy_123 View Post
    I think more than excessive criticism is considered as cool nowadays but I personally feel you must learn from your mistakes last time they did the same thing by putting so many singers in a song.. it's better to just give one singer a chance to give his best shot rather than mixing it up with everything..!!
    There is no one singer that is popular with everyone, unless you keep picking Ali Zafar / Atif who btw, as per someone handling PSL'S marketing, have jacked up their rates so much that the PCB decided not to pursue them.

With multiple artists, of various genres, they are trying to cater to all kinds of segments. Naseebo Lal, Aima and YS all resonate with specific segments and I personally thought they collaborated well.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, this is definitely not because people just want to hate because it is cool.
    This song is utter crap and showcases how the music scene is going into the gutter.
    It is almost as if the song was made to generate negative publicity through memes and complaints.

I know this is made for commercial appeal, but music or any kind of art has to have substance in it. Ali zafar achieved that healthy balance in the first three seasons; the melody, lyrics and composition were praiseworthy, which is why they still live to this day.
    Even Tayyar Ho had a good chorus and had substance in its theme of cricket coming back.

This year's crap however is just made for cheap thrills for a very uncultured, and illiterate music audience.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nah, this is definitely not because people just want to hate because it is cool.
    This song is utter crap and showcases how the music scene is going into the gutter.
    It is almost as if the song was made to generate negative publicity through memes and complaints.

I know this is made for commercial appeal, but music or any kind of art has to have substance in it. Ali zafar achieved that healthy balance in the first three seasons; the melody, lyrics and composition were praiseworthy, which is why they still live to this day.
    Even Tayyar Ho had a good chorus and had substance in its theme of cricket coming back.

This year's crap however is just made for cheap thrills for a very uncultured, and illiterate music audience.
    I think the songís just fine marketing wise. You and I are already guaranteed customers ó but thereís a lot of money to be made from the untapped elite/liberal demographic (the kind that follows Aima Baig religiously). These people are more casual fans of cricket and this kind of ďgrooveĒ anthem is catchy in a cheap way. Trust me, itíll do the job thatís required of it.

In the meanwhile, the two of us can go back to Seeti Bajay Gi.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is no one singer that is popular with everyone, unless you keep picking Ali Zafar / Atif who btw, as per someone handling PSL'S marketing, have jacked up their rates so much that the PCB decided not to pursue them.

With multiple artists, of various genres, they are trying to cater to all kinds of segments. Naseebo Lal, Aima and YS all resonate with specific segments and I personally thought they collaborated well.
    Because you might be a person who listens to various genres that's why you liked it. But most people don't like too many genres in one song then too many likes dislikes also comes in between specially for this song you don't want to associate Naseebo Lal for a brand like PSL

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure that the you can speak for all people but there's definitely a trend recently to hate on any new PSL anthem. Tayyar Ho, which you say had substance was received extremely poorly and resulted in the artists issuing an actual apology. So, your thoughts aren't really speaking for the masses.

Ali Zafar jingles were widely appreciated, but they just weren't my cup of tea. I felt they lacked the energy that should come with an anthem. But, kudos to him for giving people what they wanted. But as I said, you can't keep doing the same thing again and again.

99% of people who watch cricket in Pakistan are not "cultured" and music literates. So, I think you need to get off your high horse and understand who this song is meant to cater to.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Lol no saj bro, nothing is good, fhe girl is terrible because she xant even sing. Its all auto tune and even then she is terrible.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who approved this crap?

The Underdogs

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamasha cricket and tamasha music..
    Not sure why everyone is so upset, the song is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-fraz View Post
    Lol no saj bro, nothing is good, fhe girl is terrible because she xant even sing. Its all auto tune and even then she is terrible.
    Yeah that's what I've been thinking... Surely any other girl can pull off what she just did, unless she has some sort of brand appeal...

Fawad's stuff was better than this.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Expected responses above. Go read threads from the previous versions. People hating on it and then after a few matches and hearing it over and over, it grows on them.

It's a freaking cricket tournament anthem that people are doing Grammy level analysis on. The only part that matters is the chorus, and it's catchy enough.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBowlingAllrounder View Post
    Yeah that's what I've been thinking... Surely any other girl can pull off what she just did, unless she has some sort of brand appeal...

Fawad's stuff was better than this.
    If Iím not mistaken thatís Aima Baig and yes she has massive brand appeal in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually I was expecting a real crap this time again and to be my surprise , I got hooked up the moment I hit the play button the first 30 seconds were amazing/Awesome/Brilliant whatever you want to say it ,but the rest of 2.5 were just Okish or you can even call it crap , Young Stunners and Aima totally wasted it , Naseebo Started with a bang and I was expecting alot more but sadly not the case , Still my favorite PSL anthem of all of them. I would still rate it 6.5 out of 10 just for the brilliant start and the catchy tune through out the song.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Give it 2 days in the tournament and people will be humming it - always happens

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give it 2 days in the tournament and people will be humming it - always happens
    I already started hhh, the tune is catchy enough and I have only hear the song 2 times so far now.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Why on earth do they have to make one every season?

With every passing year getting worse in quality and sound.
    its impt for marketing technique in Subcontinent

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exactly.

Its a good song, but we have a habit of hating it.

It represents that culture correctly. I love the way they just started with Naseebo Lal at front.

I only hated Aima Baig.

This is a song that everyone would be singing to, people just like hating on these songs and cant own up to the culture

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    961 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The purpose of these songs are to set the tone of the tournament. Infact, the more the memes the better. It brings attention and creates content for PSL.

Plus, every song gives a nostalgia feeling to the tournament. The hum tyar hai tone helps you remember the good PSL tournament we had last year.

When Islmabad United won the first PSL, they had that Ali Zafar wala song that tone helps us remember our first victory. It was the team anthem, and set the tone for ISB that year.

This tone has started to create memes, and PSL hasn't even started yet, and look people are creating memes and creating hype of it.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much hate!
    It's a decent song except for the rap part (as a hip hop nerd/fan it was an embarrassment)

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Gujrat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messed up everything by mixing different genres naseebo lal didn't belong to this place

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The bar is set low, but she seems to be marginally better than the others. Which I know isn't saying much.

I won't be humming this, or singing it or whatever.

Terrible.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    for some reason its trending #1 on Youtube right now .....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Its good for the younger crowd. Better than a bald middle aged man prancing around.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Its good for the younger crowd. Better than a bald middle aged man prancing around.
    Lol no its not. Music has been going downhill for a solid half a decade now since everything pop. No substance, no lyrics, no flow or rythme.

The song is absolutely trash. The person who wrote it is a terrible writer, song has nothing to do with cricket or pakistan.

We are trying export a brand, this doesnt reflect what type of brand we want to export.

Aima baig is not a singer and should be nowhere near a mic.
    Naseebo lal has never been what pakistan stands for.
    And young stunners, are cringe. If they produced the beat id give them more credit but they didnt. While also they apart of the writing team they clearly didnt do a good job.

Seems like there was no plan for the song.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post

Okish song. Any comments about the music video? Different vibe to previous years - I'm liking it. No Ali Zafar or Fawad Khan dancing around.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Umm

What on earth is GROOVE Mera. Horrible horrible horrible.

The lowest they've ever went in terms of songs.

99% of the population doesn't even know what the hell is meant by GROOVE.

Yet keep shouting groove Mera GROOVE MERA.

Terrible.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the meaning of Groove ? google showing the translation which has nothing to do with cricket or song.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol no its not. Music has been going downhill for a solid half a decade now since everything pop. No substance, no lyrics, no flow or rythme.

The song is absolutely trash. The person who wrote it is a terrible writer, song has nothing to do with cricket or pakistan.

We are trying export a brand, this doesnt reflect what type of brand we want to export.

Aima baig is not a singer and should be nowhere near a mic.
    Naseebo lal has never been what pakistan stands for.
    And young stunners, are cringe. If they produced the beat id give them more credit but they didnt. While also they apart of the writing team they clearly didnt do a good job.

Seems like there was no plan for the song.
    Finally found someone who relates with me.
    This song represented everything that is wrong with music. Literally everything.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think expectations are a bit too high here. First listen, I thought it was decent. Do people want Rahat Fateh Ali Khan to sing this? This is the opening of a season of a t20 cricket league, what do you expect?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Umm

What on earth is GROOVE Mera. Horrible horrible horrible.

The lowest they've ever went in terms of songs.

99% of the population doesn't even know what the hell is meant by GROOVE.

Yet keep shouting groove Mera GROOVE MERA.

Terrible.
    Groove is defined as slang that is defined as to enjoy or take pleasure in. An example of to groove is dancing to your favorite song

You can tell that definition to anyone you meet who likes the song also ask people to google slang terms

Thank me later

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Groove is defined as slang that is defined as to enjoy or take pleasure in. An example of to groove is dancing to your favorite song

You can tell that definition to anyone you meet who likes the song also ask people to google slang terms

Thank me later
    It may come as a surprise to you but most Pakistanis haven't been to New York and don't live there either.

Even the majority of English-speaking people in Pak wouldn't know what crap is GROOVE.

And here they made a freaking song out of it repeating it brainlessly after every three words.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It may come as a surprise to you but most Pakistanis haven't been to New York and don't live there either.

Even the majority of English-speaking people in Pak wouldn't know what crap is GROOVE.

And here they made a freaking song out of it repeating it brainlessly after every three words.
    Lots of people don't know pop culture terms
    Go down the street ask anyone over 35 plus
    Do you know the meaning of groove no one would know

Hell I didn't know just googled it... Not a big issue

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of people don't know pop culture terms
    Go down the street ask anyone over 35 plus
    Do you know the meaning of groove no one would know

Hell I didn't know just googled it... Not a big issue
    Your whole statement is a big oxymoron. So people dont knowwhat groove is, yet it aint a problem.

Stop being a waqeel for xulfi and co.
    It is a crap song with a crap theme, crap artists; wouldn't even call them artists...and crap everything.
    Last edited by Pacy with wisdom; 7th February 2021 at 22:35.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Your whole statement is a big oxymoron. So people dont knowwhat groove is, yet it aint a problem.

It is a crap song with a crap theme, crap artists; wouldn't even call them artists...and crap everything.
    Calm down.

If they don't understand the word groove then they probably won't understand cricket

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it. They're probably targeting a younger audience, which makes sense.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol Relax man , maybe its made cheesy to get more attention, and there will be another anthem next year.

People talking about it is all that matters in this age.
    Last edited by JaDed; 8th February 2021 at 01:23.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have to say one thing though @Cpt. Rishwat culture seems to be different for PSL , try replying to this without taking a dig at India

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    whats the meaning of Groove ? google showing the translation which has nothing to do with cricket or song.
    Clearly they're talking about the grooves of the stumps and bails.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I listened to the hip hop duo and I must admit they are not bad but they made a mistake that hip hop artists should never make

you cant make a hip hop verse for something" its a creative process thatt comes from within when you do it for something (like they did for PSL/cricket) than it comes of as cheesy/fake (perhas more than any other genre especially R&B which is known for its cheesiness so it doesnt impact tham that much) and thats the mistake these guys made

They were not true to thier art or what made tham famous in the first place
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th February 2021 at 11:03.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who thinks both this and the last one were horrendous?

Get Biryani Bros or any actually good band to do it next time.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 8th February 2021 at 07:14.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why donít we have more bands like Junoon, VS, Strings, EP, Noori, etc anymore?

Or we do and I just donít know about them?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Why don’t we have more bands like Junoon, VS, Strings, EP, Noori, etc anymore?

Or we do and I just don’t know about them?
    pop scene is on icu in pakistan , no more albums come out these days. People just have to turn to coke studios.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    More catchy and less annoying than Tayyar Hain. Overall it could be better for sure, but I'm just about okay with it.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Female inclusivity is good especially in pop culture. There was a period when cinema and music came to a standstill due to terrorism then conservatively opened back up by middle aged men which is just no good. Its for young people.

I know this is just a cricket tournament song but its an insight. Change is happening, its going to get quicker and lots of work being done behind the scenes to accelerate this.

Hopefully within 20 years we will have the Pakistan we should have had before it was hijacked.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This song is aggressively mediocre.
    Iam a Xulfi fan but have to say this song is trash and makes the previous one look good.
    They need to scrap this garbage and redo the song.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why don’t we have more bands like Junoon, VS, Strings, EP, Noori, etc anymore?

Or we do and I just don’t know about them?
    Should rope in Kashmir to do it next season.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís not that bad.

Rap part was lit.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The song is fantastic. It's incredibly catchy, fan, and has a healthy blend of various music genres (oldies, pop, and rap).

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just listened to it and it sounds fine to me.

I guess people judge the PSL anthem like they do normal songs which I dont think is the intention even from creators. Its about creating a feel and tune which will sound energetic and good in stadium as well as advertisements for which I think this would work as well.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Just listened to it and it sounds fine to me.

I guess people judge the PSL anthem like they do normal songs which I dont think is the intention even from creators. Its about creating a feel and tune which will sound energetic and good in stadium as well as advertisements for which I think this would work as well.
    Completely agree, Tayyar Ho was the best in-stadium anthem we've had purely because it's actually more of a "naara" rather than a song. Crowds absolutely loved shouting "Tayyar Hain" in unison with the games ongoing - PSL 5 drew its life from the crowd, and that's appropriate as it was our first season where the games were all-Pakistan.

Naseebo Lal's high pitched "Aaj dekhega crowd mera groove TV pe" is a fantastic line for crowds to chant, and would sound fantastic when played over the buzz of a bustling stadium. Same thing went for Tayyar Ho, which I hated horribly as a song until it was actually played in the stadiums - that's when I realized it's not meant to be a song. It's a rallying cry.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tayyar hain was an absolute filth compare to this.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Strings songs Hai HO was the best cricket song from Pak ever.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 881
Size:  20.0 KB

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    absolute rubbish

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    pop scene is on icu in pakistan , no more albums come out these days. People just have to turn to coke studios.
    I kept hearing the music scene is thriving in pakistanis what happened?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I kept hearing the music scene is thriving in pakistanis what happened?
    Music scene isnít thriving, itís recovering quickly. It might be thriving in 5 years though.

Coke Studio, Pepsi BOTB, Velo Sound Station, and other such ventures have provided some much needed impetus to a growing industry and the spotlight given to small-time performers by PSL is not to be underestimated.

New stars in Kashmir, Bayaan, Momina Mustehsan, Shamoon Ismail, Aima Baig, niche fan bases for Madlock, E Sharp, Auj, Mehdi Maloof, Xarb, Keeray Makoray, and Badnaam, and obviously the continued excellence of icons like Strings, Atif Aslam, Ali Zafar, Ali Azmat, Rahat Fateh, Xulfi, and the ever brilliant Rohail Hyatt. Theyíre all going strong. You have Ali Sethi, Umair Jaswal, the Leo Twins, Zoe Viccaji, Bilal Khan, Ahmed Ali Butt, and Fawad Khan.

Our music scene isnít thriving, not yet, but itís certainly the strongest itís ever been since the late 90s and early 00s.

With anthems like this one, PSL is providing an excellent opportunity to up and coming artists like Aima Baig and Young Stunners to break through to a larger audience. If you go back to the PSL playoffs and final, they would highlight songs from indie artists, one that I remember was Biryani Bros and I thought that was absolutely fantastic. They basically made highlights reels of the final matches played to these indie songs in the background and it was absolute 🔥

Thatís why I disagree with his undue criticism of every anthem like itís a tradition. Appreciate these artists and understand that these are anthems, not songs. Theyíre meant to be played in the stadium; Iím sorry that Tayyar Ho doesnít go in your Spotify playlist but itís not meant to.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 881
Size:  20.0 KB
    Does Wasim knows what he wrote? Groove back to the stumps? What this supposed to mean?

Just using the word because it sounds cool?
    Last edited by Muhammad Saad; 10th February 2021 at 09:12.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    Does Wasim knows what he wrote? Groove back to the stumps? What this supposed to mean?

Just using the word because it sounds cool?
    he has clearly no clue what Groove means

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"