Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to forget Mohammad Amir

The selfish guy thought he could bring down the empire but ... u r done and dusted...

No one remembers you .. and no one cares...

A couple of more wins and new heroes will be found and Mohammad Amir will be lost in T10 , SPL and BPL and PSL

Sorry Mr Shameless, you are not needed any more
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th February 2021 at 09:02.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this is how it ends for him.
    A terrible role model for the new guys coming in. His ill fate will be a lesson for everyone, which is why he should be made as an example for everyone to see.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. I feel bad for supporting him earlier. He was already done as a Test bowler and had at most 1-2 years left as a decent limited overs option at the international level. (Low economy rate, not as a strike bowler)

Kudos to the management for kicking him out. He'll play 4-5 years of league cricket and retire at "33" .
    I suspect his real age is 3-5 years older, just like Waqar's age.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does he really care though? He's making bank in these pointless leagues. He's got a Hundred contract this year and he'll be a shoe in for LPL, BPL, CPL and t10 each and every year until he feels like retiring.

Easy life for Amir where he doesn't have to bend his back or answer to anyone but himself.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he really forgotten? Because it seems we still canít stop talking about him..

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The title should have been the forgotten fixer

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Instead of being so softie . He should have performed and answered his critics. He went the wrong way twice in his career . And now he will just make money by these useless leagues . But won't have pleasure playing for Pakistan and earn respect

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He was forgotten a long time ago.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forget Amir ages back. India forgot Sachin ages back and Australia a Ponting or Warne. We keep going on about far lesser players who did not achieve half of what the real aforementioned greats did. We will never move on until we keep glorifying past players.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just wait until:

1) You lose a one-off game here or there.
    2) He magically takes 1/29 in the Abu Dhabi T10 league.

The press conferences will be held, and a YouTube rant will top if off. Then we'll see who has forgotten whom.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I honestly have no sympathy for Amir. He himself is responsible for the way things turned up for him.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    No one is talking about Amir because he is retired, and even if he takes his retirement back, he will only play white ball cricket.

So everyone has forgotten Amir as far as Test cricket is concerned. The OP seems a little too obsessed with him and perhaps he should follow his own advice instead of lecturing others.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Who's missing Amir?

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatís the point of this thread? No ones talking about him anymore. Itís like your ex keeps talking bad about you and what a worse person youíre, but in reality sheís missing him badly.

I think the OP still misses Amir

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people are thinking emotionally, but think logically.

Amir said that he won't come out of retirement unless the current management leaves, and that he would only play white-ball formats. Mohammad Wasim is rewarding domestic performers, people who are punching above their weight in our own domestic system. Since Amir is retired, he has no domestic performances to show for months, and the last domestic tournament he played was National T20 Cup, where he got taken to the cleaners.

Now, take a look at the pool of players we have in our white-ball formats:

Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Khan Shinwari, Faheem Ashraf, Amad Butt, Hassan Ali, and a few others.

Shaheen Shah Afridi is already our new ball bowler, and looks like he's improving. Hasnain is also being taught how to bowl with the new ball, and the likes of Hassan Ali can also do that if needed. So Amir's role with the new ball isn't really necessary. A lot of the people in the list above are wicket-takers, so the competition is really high in the white-ball formats.

So realistically speaking, even if the management leaves, Amir will have to punch above all others in the list to make the team.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have been forgotten about the day he disgraced his country on the international stage

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I got a feeling he still has a role to play in our ODI/T20I side. I'm biased as a fan tho.

Come on Amir, work harder and come back stronger.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Amir is history. Time to focus on present and future.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some inferiority complexed have just taken their usuaul B$ on this..

many dumbs in media have been crying abt getting Aamir back alongside Sarfraaz

the idea was tht we shld not even be considering them as a backup to bowlers / Rizwan...

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That hasan ali 10fer basically is the janaza of Amir at intl level.

Because hasan ali is gonna definently get picked for the white ball team and play since he is a much better white ball bowler than even red ball and has a lot of variations at white ball cricket .

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will be remembered when in the T20 World Cup Hassanís & shaheens Nasimís are going in there usual 10rpo

Smith & kohli very rarely rate any bowler, both rate him thatís good enough for me.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazkhan View Post
    That hasan ali 10fer basically is the janaza of Amir at intl level.

Because hasan ali is gonna definently get picked for the white ball team and play since he is a much better white ball bowler than even red ball and has a lot of variations at white ball cricket .
    to top up he is much better with the bat, in the field and has tht bad-a$$$ attitude

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    He will be remembered when in the T20 World Cup Hassan’s & shaheens Nasim’s are going in there usual 10rpo

Smith & kohli very rarely rate any bowler, both rate him that’s good enough for me.
    too much fuss for nothig... the graveyards r filled with people who thgought the world will end if they stop existing...

no 1 cares.. there is always going to be some1 replacing shamefuls like aamir...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Does he really care though? He's making bank in these pointless leagues. He's got a Hundred contract this year and he'll be a shoe in for LPL, BPL, CPL and t10 each and every year until he feels like retiring.

Easy life for Amir where he doesn't have to bend his back or answer to anyone but himself.
    Good for him, think he should have just come clean if that was his goal. Nothing wrong with earning some money, but stop carping about being dropped, if you don't prioritise your international career, obviously the selectors will want to move on.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be remembered when in the T20 World Cup Hassanís & shaheens Nasimís are going in there usual 10rpo

Smith & kohli very rarely rate any bowler, both rate him thatís good enough for me.
    Agreed. Itís good that we found someone else but Hassan Ali is still not there in terms of quality. Amir is a proven LOI performer. But I donít know what his impact will be in dressing room and how other players will react even post MisYo

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everyone is in agreement that Mohammed Amir should be nowhere near the team on current form , and at present where have limited over bowlers ahead of him in the queue anyway.

Only The people that makes these threads are the people that are extending his legacy and maybe deep down they want him back, but the majority have already forgotten.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be remembered when in the T20 World Cup Hassan’s & shaheens Nasim’s are going in there usual 10rpo

Smith & kohli very rarely rate any bowler, both rate him that’s good enough for me.
    ABD amongst others rated ASIF as a potential GOAT, do you want him back too?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Good for him, think he should have just come clean if that was his goal. Nothing wrong with earning some money, but stop carping about being dropped, if you don't prioritise your international career, obviously the selectors will want to move on.
    He had to invent some facade though. He would have felt the pressure of being too open about ditching Pakistan to print money after having already sold his nation once before. Misbah and Waqar's reputation is already rock bottom so they were handy scapegoats to give Amir an excuse to take the easy way out.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Mr Patriotic Amir didn't even congratulate Pakistan on the test series win (Twitter etc). Mashallah
    True colours shining through. You do you Amir.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No age defense for him anymore.

Such a shame because I think the way 50over cricket is diminishing these days, fast bowlers really can manage their workload but playing franchise T20 on the side and playing tests for Pakistan which we only play a handful ever year. Someone like Aamir would not have been required to play all first class domestic cricket either. It’s quite clear his problem with coaches is made up. It’s all about the Washingtons at this point.
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th February 2021 at 20:07.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Never mind the World Cup his needed against SA d team in a meaningless bilateral, Rolf Haris not cutting the mustard at international level.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Never mind the World Cup his needed against SA d team in a meaningless bilateral, Rolf Haris not cutting the mustard at international level.
    Amir was getting smashed in the NT20 Cup when Shaheen and Rauf were taking wickets for fun. hell even Musa Khan outperformed Amir

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't get selected for the WC. Can't wait to see this thread after the world cup.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Hard to forget Amir when you are selecting tape ball bowlers like Rauf in international cricket.

A fit and motivated Amir will always be thousand times better than him.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing Amir has is half a brain, which is something unthinkable to expect of our other pacers.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Hard to forget Amir when you are selecting tape ball bowlers like Rauf in international cricket.

Well everyone in Pakistan started as a tape ball street cricketer

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's three best fast bowlers are Shaheen, Hasan and Amir, then there is clear daylight and then the others.

The thing is most T20 or ODI matches require you to play 3 fast bowlers in the XI and I am not even talking about squad depth here which you need for tournaments if you have to challenge for the title.

Like it or not, Amir would continue to remain relevant unless at least one other fast bowler emerges with similar ability because it is hard to digest not putting your best XI on the field.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wasim Akram started as a tape ball player...
    Anyway I agree Amir is miles better than Rauf but we have to live with that no point complaining. Hopefully Wahab comes back for the wt20.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnowbasher View Post
    Anyway I agree Amir is miles better than Rauf but we have to live with that no point complaining. Hopefully Wahab comes back for the wt20.
    Wasim Akram was also 18-19 and once in a lifetime talent. He was a cricketing genius.

Haris is neither of those things. It is far too late for him to develop into a professional cricketer.

He looks and plays like a tape ball cricketer and he is not worth the investment.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shujaatraza View Post
    Well everyone in Pakistan started as a tape ball street cricketer
    Of course, and then they play FC cricket before getting picked for international level.

If you keep plucking players off the streets only one in a million will turn into Wasim Akram, and it doesnít look like Rauf is one of them.

It doesnít matter if he has raw potential or not because it is too late now. Maybe if he was discovered 10 years earlier and blooded into FC cricket he would be a different player today.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnowbasher View Post
    He's just an older version of Rauf with newly implanted hair.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he performs in PSL this thread will be bumped into oblivion.

Also we have zero fast bowlers in t20 now. Our hopes are currently pinned on Rauf who throws rocks rather than balls and Shaheen who's been Waqar'd into a nothing bowler (i'm aware people are in denial about his decline).

If Hassan doesn't come good in LOI's there'll be plenty of people clamouring for Amir's return, just wait and see.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Definitely. Never had any doubts about Amir as a bowler, but you said fit and motivated - I don't think he is motivated by playing for Pakistan. His main focus these days seems to be the T20 leagues where he can earn some coin. A Pakistan player who isn't bothered about wearing his national colours is always more likely to be tempted by the bookies when he does play, so might be better for everyone if he just sticks to the T20 franchise stuff.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir bowling in Pakistan once again. Big tournament for him to make a statement to management and the nation on what we've missed out on.

Tidy first over, just 3 runs from it.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tidy overs means nothing, he should be the strike bowler

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Name:  dfe8a048-ec40-485e-a03f-304174a91a33 (1).jpg
Views: 1809
Size:  78.6 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You know you are a has been when Aamir Yamin is bowling at a higher avg speed than you.

Amir should aim to compete with Abbas

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir claims his first wicket of PSL6. Deceives Shinwari with the slower ball, sends him on his way for a duck

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive figures from Amir. 1/14 from his 4 overs

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir is a has been because someone else has a higher speed average.

If we use this logic, Hazelwood is a has been because Cummins and Starc bowl quicker than him🤦🏻*♂️

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 decent overs first up, the next 2 (and the wicket) was against tail enders. 2 decent overs are enough for his fanbois to make him the flavor of the month again?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good bowling from Amir today.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His second spell was much better. Bowled with more pace, effort and fire

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent bowling by Amir today, but not a surprise .

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but it doesnít matter how he performs. There should be no room for a selfish individual like him in the National team

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4739 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Great to watch Aamir at his best, I'd have thought he bowls like that it musn't be easy for Pak fans to forget him. With the World T20 in India / Aamir's experience in such conditions and in the tournament itself, he should be in Pakistan's plans.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir making Chodari Waqar and Chordri Misbah looking stupid for not selecting him 36 player pool.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertugrul_Bey View Post
    Amir making Chodari Waqar and Chordri Misbah looking stupid for not selecting him 36 player pool.
    was out-bowled by Waqas and Arshad and Hussnain... .... .. so No ...

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir haters crying. Convincing themselves Amir Is a nothing bowler and donít need him. Mean while we have Rauf, Naseem, and god knows which else fake aged 12 year old.

Fact of the matter is, Amir is Pakistanís best bowlers In the past decade, while not even playing half the decade.

Ask any top world batsman whoís the hardest they faced. Heck ask any cricket fan whoís Pakistanís best bowler. We all know the name.

Amir has CT17 and World t20 09 in his achievements book. That too being rated as the best bowler heís faced by the greatest batsman of all time Kohli.

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    was out-bowled by Waqas and Arshad and Hussnain... .... .. so No ...
    Stick Waqas and Arshad against kohli, Sharma and Dhawan in a finals and see how they got on.

Heck stick them infront of Indiaís top order defending 80 odd and see what conspires.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan isnt missing out on much Good luck to him in his future league endeavours

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tone for the win was set by Amir today.

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Pakistan isnt missing out on much Good luck to him in his future league endeavours
    Yeah because Rauf is leading the rankings.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should not be going to T20 WC without Amir

WE HAVE ZERO CHANCE WITHOUT HIM

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowlers like Rauf, Musa, Naseem and Abbas are enough to win the T20 WC, time to forget Amir, why not.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Amir was rightly dropped purely on bowling form and he didn't take it well. When he's bowling well, he's one of the best bowlers we have.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let’s be honest he is out of the team due to none cricketing reasons. But I am glad Misbah is teaching him a lesson. Amir thinks we are doing him a favour by playing him in international cricket, he should have a bit more respect to the PCB and fans who gave him a second chance. I also despise how he played the victim for being dropped and took pot shots on Twitter. Now he is being taught a lesson. Respect your team mates, fans, and PCB. He will probably be back when Misbah leaves.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Let’s be honest he is out of the team due to none cricketing reasons. But I am glad Misbah is teaching him a lesson. Amir thinks we are doing him a favour by playing him in international cricket, he should have a bit more respect to the PCB and fans who gave him a second chance. I also despise how he played the victim for being dropped and took pot shots on Twitter. Now he is being taught a lesson. Respect your team mates, fans, and PCB. He will probably be back when Misbah leaves.
    Bhai it would be too late, he is still one of the best white ball bowler so Pakistan needs to use him while he is still performing.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's more important for Pakistan, Misbah's ego or sending the best available players to T20 WC. If the answer is the later , then Amir has to be in the team.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Amir won't be forgotten by me for that amazing spell in the Champions League final. That was a magical, totally unexpected win and one that will stay for me for a long time.

I'm not aware of the context behind his retirement but he'll certainly be missed. Hopefully, he gets his overseas citizenship and is able to play in the IPL too.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir is a great bowler. But like KP he is a very polarizing figure, inspire of his brilliance.

Personally, I think England was right to can KP as Pakistan is right to not pursue Amir any further. We have all been at jobs where things donít go as we want to but as a professional we put our heads down and go to work. This becomes even more pronounced considering you are playing for your country which bent over backwards to get your rehabilitated and helped you resurrect your career.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    should not be going to T20 WC without Amir

WE HAVE ZERO CHANCE WITHOUT HIM
    Whether Amir is there or not it doesn't change any percentages around us winning the competition. We have nothing on the top 3 + NZ.

If we take Amir we take him on his terms. We would have to consider the long term implications around bringing a guy who has never shown any desire to stick to the same rules that have applied to the rest of his countrymen.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled well, however I dont think its a good idea to bring him to the World Cup as there will be too much drama between him and Misbah. If they can make up, then he can be considered, but otherwise not worth the hassle.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What was his pace during last match? I think he is still good enough for us in T20s atleast.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasnain looked better than Amir

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey500 View Post
    Stick Waqas and Arshad against kohli, Sharma and Dhawan in a finals and see how they got on.

Heck stick them infront of India’s top order defending 80 odd and see what conspires.
    Amir missed the CT17 semi final against an arguably better team in England. Pak won that match without him as well. One player is not going to change the whole dynamic of the team.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sold Pakistan for money, twice. Last time when he retired, so get over him.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why did so many people here believe that Amir was going to dominate cricket once he?

Why did so many people here believe that Amir was going to dominate cricket once he came back in 2015? I remember when anyone here questioned whether Amir should be allowed back into the game at all, many people would get angry.

I think people just assumed he would come back and be the Dale Steyn caliber bowler. In the end, he turned out to be a slightly above average bowler compared to world standards. Not in the same league as Steyn or Anderson or younger guys like Rabada/Cummings etc.

What happened? Was he not as good as his early pre ban years suggested or did those 5 years diminish his game?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BakuGM View Post
    Bhai it would be too late, he is still one of the best white ball bowler so Pakistan needs to use him while he is still performing.
    Well he should learn to get on with management if he wants to play for Pakistan. His job is to bowl for Pakistan not get on with Misbah.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir gets off to the perfect start with the ball vs Islamabad! Gets the wicket of Shadab in his 1st over and conceded just 5