Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    PSL 6 preview : Lahore Qalandars look for an elusive title win with an ageing squad



    In last season’s Pakistan Super League, it was a case of so near yet so far for Lahore Qalandars. The laughing stock in some of the previous tournaments, the Qalandars finally got their act together and gave their patient fans something to cheer about. But whilst the Qalandars put up a much-improved show, they were beaten by their arch rivals Karachi Kings by 5 wickets in a one-sided final at the National Stadium last November.

    Having finished in 3rd place in the group table, Qalandars comfortably beat Multan Sultans in the eliminator by 25 runs after an impressive all-round performance by David Wiese. But it wasn’t to be for Aaqib Javed’s side in the final after a lacklustre effort, which left the Head Coach admitting after the final that the Qalandars had misread the pitch and were well below-par.


    Strengths

    The bowling unit looks outstanding this time around with the addition of Rashid Khan. The Afghan’s spin-bowling abilities together with the pace-bowling options of Shaheen Shah Afridi, Dilbar Hussain, Haris Rauf and David Wiese give the Qalandars an edge in this department. In addition, Mohammad Hafeez together with Samit Patel provide additional options with the ball and one can see why opposition batsmen may struggle to post big totals against the Qalandars.

    When you look at the Qalandars top-order batting line-up, it has an impressive look to it especially with Mohammad Hafeez in their ranks. The professor has been in incredible form of late and the Qalandars will undoubtedly be hoping that this continues. Fakhar Zaman was the second-highest run-scorer in PSL5 and will be a key player if the Qalandars are to challenge once again. Ben Dunk was in good form in PSL5 scoring 300 runs at a strike-rate of 167.59 and provides further experience. In addition the acquisition of Zeeshan Ashraf will give the Qalandars further firepower with the bat in the early overs.


    Weaknesses

    The concern for Qalandars will be that there seems to be a lack of strength in depth when it comes to their batting especially if a couple of early wickets fall. Sohail Akhtar was a liability with the bat in PSL5 and as skipper he will once again be expected to be picked which is a risk that the Qalandars seem to be willing to take. Whilst the starting XI looks strong, the back-up players and additional options look a little weak and that could hurt Qalandars in a tournament where the matches come thick and fast. An injury or two to one of their key players could hamper their chances and ultimately cost them.


    Players to watch out for

    Undoubtedly Rashid Khan, although there is a possibility that he may not play the full season due to commitments with the Afghanistan national side. Regardless of that, this will be his first PSL and he is expected to have a huge impact with the ball and it’s worth noting that he is no mug with the bat either. Rashid has been inspirational in every Twenty20 league he has played in and there is no doubt that he could lift the Lahore Qalandars side to a new level.


    Verdict

    Was PSL5 a fluke? Is Lahore Qalandars an ageing squad? Can 40-year-old Mohamad Hafeez carry the batting unit of Lahore Qalandars? Can 35-year-old David Wiese have another brilliant tournament? Is Sohail Akhtar really the man who should be skippering the Qalandars? Whilst the Qalandars have a lot of strength in their bowling, their batting could be the reason why they miss out on being champions at PSL6.

    They look a strong team, rather than a strong squad, and one that is likely to make it to the second stage of the tournament, but fall short in lifting the trophy.


    Full Squad

    Ahmed Danyal (supplementary); Ben Dunk (gold); David Wiese (diamond); Dilbar Hussain (gold); Fakhar Zaman (diamond, brand ambassador); Haris Rauf (diamond); Maaz Khan (emerging); Mohammad Faizan (silver); Mohammad Hafeez (platinum); Joe Denly (supplementary); Rashid Khan (platinum); Samit Patel (gold); Shaheen Shah Afridi (platinum); Sohail Akhtar (silver, successful relegation request); Tom Abell, Salman Ali Agha (both silver); Zaid Alam (emerging); Zeeshan Ashraf (silver)
    Last edited by MenInG; 16th February 2021 at 21:40.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    3,661
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multan have a stronger side.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures from LQ training

    Name:  e62f1148-f3a1-454f-bce0-63d3b00e143f.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  282.5 KBName:  ebe44479-e1b1-42cc-8681-0197a9024642.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  280.2 KBName:  d5ebe0ad-5cb9-4c8a-a514-70982832becf.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  370.9 KBName:  cbe63d9b-995d-4849-8e27-5e7a089e2712.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  194.6 KBName:  edcd879a-032e-4530-beb8-5755b0acc578.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  152.4 KBName:  80d0ba77-e1b8-42eb-a322-1aaab5c3325c.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  227.3 KBName:  31fa59e6-b29f-4931-b941-abd4fa322a71.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  187.6 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    189
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post


    In last seasonís Pakistan Super League, it was a case of so near yet so far for Lahore Qalandars. The laughing stock in some of the previous tournaments, the Qalandars finally got their act together and gave their patient fans something to cheer about. But whilst the Qalandars put up a much-improved show, they were beaten by their arch rivals Karachi Kings by 5 wickets in a one-sided final at the National Stadium last November.

    Having finished in 3rd place in the group table, Qalandars comfortably beat Multan Sultans in the eliminator by 25 runs after an impressive all-round performance by David Wiese. But it wasnít to be for Aaqib Javedís side in the final after a lacklustre effort, which left the Head Coach admitting after the final that the Qalandars had misread the pitch and were well below-par.


    Strengths

    The bowling unit looks outstanding this time around with the addition of Rashid Khan. The Afghanís spin-bowling abilities together with the pace-bowling options of Shaheen Shah Afridi, Dilbar Hussain, Haris Rauf and David Wiese give the Qalandars an edge in this department. In addition, Mohammad Hafeez together with Samit Patel provide additional options with the ball and one can see why opposition batsmen may struggle to post big totals against the Qalandars.

    When you look at the Qalandars top-order batting line-up, it has an impressive look to it especially with Mohammad Hafeez in their ranks. The professor has been in incredible form of late and the Qalandars will undoubtedly be hoping that this continues. Fakhar Zaman was the second-highest run-scorer in PSL5 and will be a key player if the Qalandars are to challenge once again. Ben Dunk was in good form in PSL5 scoring 300 runs at a strike-rate of 167.59 and provides further experience. In addition the acquisition of Zeeshan Ashraf will give the Qalandars further firepower with the bat in the early overs.


    Weaknesses

    The concern for Qalandars will be that there seems to be a lack of strength in depth when it comes to their batting especially if a couple of early wickets fall. Sohail Akhtar was a liability with the bat in PSL5 and as skipper he will once again be expected to be picked which is a risk that the Qalandars seem to be willing to take. Whilst the starting XI looks strong, the back-up players and additional options look a little weak and that could hurt Qalandars in a tournament where the matches come thick and fast. An injury or two to one of their key players could hamper their chances and ultimately cost them.


    Players to watch out for

    Undoubtedly Rashid Khan, although there is a possibility that he may not play the full season due to commitments with the Afghanistan national side. Regardless of that, this will be his first PSL and he is expected to have a huge impact with the ball and itís worth noting that he is no mug with the bat either. Rashid has been inspirational in every Twenty20 league he has played in and there is no doubt that he could lift the Lahore Qalandars side to a new level.


    Verdict

    Was PSL5 a fluke? Is Lahore Qalandars an ageing squad? Can 40-year-old Mohamad Hafeez carry the batting unit of Lahore Qalandars? Can 35-year-old David Wiese have another brilliant tournament? Is Sohail Akhtar really the man who should be skippering the Qalandars? Whilst the Qalandars have a lot of strength in their bowling, their batting could be the reason why they miss out on being champions at PSL6.

    They look a strong team, rather than a strong squad, and one that is likely to make it to the second stage of the tournament, but fall short in lifting the trophy.


    Full Squad

    Ahmed Danyal (supplementary); Ben Dunk (gold); David Wiese (diamond); Dilbar Hussain (gold); Fakhar Zaman (diamond, brand ambassador); Haris Rauf (diamond); Maaz Khan (emerging); Mohammad Faizan (silver); Mohammad Hafeez (platinum); Joe Denly (supplementary); Rashid Khan (platinum); Samit Patel (gold); Shaheen Shah Afridi (platinum); Sohail Akhtar (silver, successful relegation request); Tom Abell, Salman Ali Agha (both silver); Zaid Alam (emerging); Zeeshan Ashraf (silver)
    Barring Hafeez, there isn't much batting.
    Probably, the weakest batting side.
    Too many unknown names.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both dunk and Patel will fail

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Lahore Qalandars captain Sohail Akhtar has said that they will try to manage Pakistan’s leading pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi’s workload during the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season six.

    While talking to media in a pre-tournament presser, Sohail revealed that the star pacer won’t be overburdened and will be provided rest when needed.

    “He is an asset for Pakistan and we will try to manage his workload properly by giving him rest whenever it is needed and possible by the team,” he said.

    Sohail emphasized that in the last season, their spin attack was weak and after Rashid Khan’s arrival in the side, the attack is now strengthened.

    “Rashid Khan is the top bowler of the world. With his arrival our spin attack has also got some much-needed experience and it has made our bowling attack a top class one,” Akhtar said.

    Meanwhile, Sohail is confident of doing well this season too as they were the runners-up in PSL 2020. “We played good cricket last year. We came so near to the title but couldn’t finish well. This year, we will try to overcome our all shortcomings and give our best. the Qalandars are positive and focused about the upcoming tournament.”

    ARY


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,187
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Zaid alam E
    Sohail akhtar
    Hafeez
    Dunk
    Salman agha
    Patel
    Rashid khan
    Shaheen
    Rauf
    Dilbar

    The best bowling up line the tournament wise will proberly play but not sure who they will drop

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    10,052
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We are so happy to learn that our fans would be coming to the ground and support the players. All of us are eagerly looking forward to welcome the fans because playing without them is unthinkable - Sohail Akhtar.

    Obviously, the fans should look after themselves at all times and when they turn up at the ground they should follow the SOPs by all means for their own good. But it would be wonderful to see them back in the stands. Their presence, even in limited numbers, will certainly inspire the players - Sohail Akhtar

    We gained lot of confidence from our performance last year and particularly the way our bowling unit performed - Sohail Akhtar

    There were couple of grey areas as regards our batting and team planning last year. In the build-up to the forthcoming event, we have been working on those fronts to get rid of the weaknesses. Our preparations so far have been great and the best thing is that both our bowlers and batsmen have being doing well and are keen to carry forward their good form - Sohail Akhtar.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    622
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being the runner up doesn't mean you won next time. To win they need to be consistent.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures (courtesy of the Lahore Qalandars) of Lahore's practice ahead of PSL 6

    Name:  1ad64fc7-a653-4b6b-9e8e-1501c94f57f1.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  203.2 KBName:  ab89fcfa-8d99-48eb-bc64-142c765b2b50.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  187.0 KBName:  28964acf-917f-43df-babb-c9a028651602.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  229.9 KBName:  15f397ab-fce9-416c-bc64-9d0b5823bad9.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  320.2 KBName:  f010503e-ee39-4686-a5dc-5174b81a47f7.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  282.8 KBName:  b33610a1-7df0-472d-a804-5eaed800f2a6.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  169.1 KBName:  54dcebc6-1ddd-4a1e-8c7d-d269893a1502.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  308.8 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures (courtesy of the Lahore Qalandars) of Lahore's practice game against Multan Sultans

    Name:  e7386750-4dea-4040-9526-559d2dc5ed5e.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  209.0 KBName:  2920404f-8459-47de-b042-95b80cb76f8a.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  165.7 KBName:  a26c5233-4ea3-4903-9015-e6076b6d8b7d.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  158.4 KBName:  915de516-dc8f-4142-81e0-f3105d5c5ba7.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  148.3 KBName:  c9166ac7-bbbb-4585-a345-54558a5fa033.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  223.9 KBName:  cc42905e-b959-460f-a0e5-0deee355c05e.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  143.8 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,187
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt Ahmed danyal a fast bowler ?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    5,057
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Fakhar
    Zaid alam E
    Sohail akhtar
    Hafeez
    Dunk
    Salman agha
    Patel
    Rashid khan
    Shaheen
    Rauf
    Dilbar

    The best bowling up line the tournament wise will proberly play but not sure who they will drop
    On paper, that's a solid bowling lineup. Rashid Khan is xfactor and Dilbar was a revelation last year. Streets will need to show the kind of form which has brought him so much attention since his BBL days.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,187
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    On paper, that's a solid bowling lineup. Rashid Khan is xfactor and Dilbar was a revelation last year. Streets will need to show the kind of form which has brought him so much attention since his BBL days.
    Rashid will proberly be on international duty so he may only be thier for a week or so.it also be interesting which emerging player they will play.as for dilbar i hope he comes up with some solid performances.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,187
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    On paper, that's a solid bowling lineup. Rashid Khan is xfactor and Dilbar was a revelation last year. Streets will need to show the kind of form which has brought him so much attention since his BBL days.
    Lots of varity in thier attack best bowling line up in the tournament

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    286
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their practice kit looks far better than their normal one. Whoever came up with the colour scheme for their regular jersey needs to be questioned.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    515
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    Their practice kit looks far better than their normal one. Whoever came up with the colour scheme for their regular jersey needs to be questioned.
    Not questioned, just shot on sight. Their regular kit is the ugliest in the PSL.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    515
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lahore has an incredibly weak batting line further crippled by their non-playing captain

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    2,271
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Sohail Akhtar captain?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    6,321
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qalandars practise:

    Name:  amir1.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  186.5 KBName:  amir2.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  189.4 KBName:  amir3.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  330.9 KBName:  Archer.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  230.1 KB


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)


  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,187
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    Why is Sohail Akhtar captain?
    Got them to the semi final last year

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    34,697
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qalandars, Sultans, Zalmi all of these have an ageing squad if you look at a little closely.

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,974
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With one of the most uninspiring captain in Sohail Akhtar, LQ is one of the hardest teams to get behind!

    Why in the world was this guy appointed captain?

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,724
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    With one of the most uninspiring captain in Sohail Akhtar, LQ is one of the hardest teams to get behind!

    Why in the world was this guy appointed captain?
    The management like him.
    He's a yes-man.
    He will listen to the coach.
    He's not one for conflict.



  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,974
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The management like him.
    He's a yes-man.
    He will listen to the coach.
    He's not one for conflict.
    Lol! Fair enough

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Rashid Khan will be part of the Afghanistan Test squad vs Zimbabwe

    First Test starts 2nd, second on 10th in Dubai


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Videos, courtesy of Lahore Qalandars





    Last edited by MenInG; 19th February 2021 at 17:35.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures courtesy of PCB

    Name:  acec3a94-c217-4496-a6b4-3430ed85d241.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  397.8 KBName:  fe2c5c94-58d3-498e-a207-c195d7fcbcd9.jpg
Views: 2222
Size:  320.0 KBName:  1487b927-944c-4294-b7d8-f9566d6a4778.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  243.8 KBName:  9b2b4794-e120-47f0-9ca2-1259c251cc8a.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  429.9 KB

    Name:  dfa8d429-2d33-4fab-b1f9-8cd5f34c5277.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  272.1 KBName:  349d52a0-deca-4f85-b41b-c9c00c03da8a.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  302.2 KBName:  9db49043-3df4-4d80-a34a-3eee92618439.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  478.5 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 19th February 2021 at 19:21.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont see much happening for LQ...

    Rashid Khan isn't there for the whole season

    Batting is weakest of the 6

    M Zahid and Danyal again tape ball bowlers given hype

    M.Haffez, Zeeshan Ashraf, Salman Agha will need to have a tremendous season with Dunk and Wise to provide similar performances as last year to bring them in top4

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,504
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    Dont see much happening for LQ...

    Rashid Khan isn't there for the whole season

    Batting is weakest of the 6

    M Zahid and Danyal again tape ball bowlers given hype

    M.Haffez, Zeeshan Ashraf, Salman Agha will need to have a tremendous season with Dunk and Wise to provide similar performances as last year to bring them in top4
    I think they’ll be fighting competitively with Peshawar Zalmi all season....
    ..... for who is bottom of the table

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    1,314
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the replacement for Rashid Khan when he leaves after 2 games? Why did LQ not take part in the replacement draft?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Lahore looking confident as they go into the game vs QG

    Very strong side with Rashid Khan in it but Shaheen in supreme form as well.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Starting to look like the team to beat!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    6,321
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the main bowling pair, Haris and Shaheen, were below par, the main batting pair, Fakhar and Hafeez, stepped up big time.

    Early days, but it seems to be clicking this year


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,724
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The bowling still has Dilbar to come into the attack.

    They look ok at the moment.

    However the batting is yet to be fully tested.

    Great start for them though.



  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    20,301
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some impact stats:

    Fakhar has scored 24 50 in T20s his side has won 20 times out those

    Haris Rauf has taken 3 wickets in T20s 13 times and his side has won 12 times out of those

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    147,260
    Mentioned
    2745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Number one in the table at the moment - playing like a team who look set to win the PSL but lets see!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    80,724
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez after the loss to Multan Sultans

    Overall our execution as a batting unit in the first 5 or 6 overs wasn’t good. Yes there was something in the pitch for the bowlers but as a T20 player you need to have better execution.

    We regained the momentum in our batting starting from the 7th over to the 13th over but then we lost momentum once again. We lost the momentum and we fell short by 20 to 25 runs and we should have score between 180 to 190 today.

    But there are many things to learn as a batting unit and we have to give credit to the Multan Sultans bowlers in the way that they gathered themselves after our counter-attack and executed their plans better than us.

    I have changed some of my work ethics and practiced differently too. I am practising against 140plus kph bowling and my hitting range has improved. I’ve thought about how I can enhance my skills when it comes to power hitting also.

    As a team we have maintained the core of our players. The Qalandars believe in the Player Development Program and they like to give new players a chance. The PSL is a stage for everyone and any player should accept and perform when they get a chance. Unfortunately today our junior players couldn’t perform and as a team we didn’t do well. Our fielding needs improving greatly as when you are misfielding when you have a total like we had today then that can cost you in a big way. Our combination is strong and we are playing with a positive mindset and looking forward to the upcoming challenges.

    The plan was to rotate the strike and Samit was struggling against the leg-spinner so we decided that I would face the leg-spinner more but he misjudged the single, but that happens in cricket.

    50% crowds coming into the stadium is a great initiative. I urge the crowds to follow the precautions and come to the stadium in big numbers. It’s a good sign because it means that we are controlling the virus and following the protocols. I wish all the best to the tournament and I hope that soon the ground is full of fans.

    Every team is fully prepared and every team has a number of match-winners who are performing well. We plan according to the opposition and Sunday’s match against Karachi Kings will be a big clash and we’ll look to reduce our mistakes and improve our execution and win the match.



  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,141
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sandeep Lamichhane has been drafted in to replace Rashid Khan.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2020
    Runs
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Mohammad Hafeez after the loss to Multan Sultans

    Overall our execution as a batting unit in the first 5 or 6 overs wasn’t good. Yes there was something in the pitch for the bowlers but as a T20 player you need to have better execution.

    We regained the momentum in our batting starting from the 7th over to the 13th over but then we lost momentum once again. We lost the momentum and we fell short by 20 to 25 runs and we should have score between 180 to 190 today.

    But there are many things to learn as a batting unit and we have to give credit to the Multan Sultans bowlers in the way that they gathered themselves after our counter-attack and executed their plans better than us.

    I have changed some of my work ethics and practiced differently too. I am practising against 140plus kph bowling and my hitting range has improved. I’ve thought about how I can enhance my skills when it comes to power hitting also.

    As a team we have maintained the core of our players. The Qalandars believe in the Player Development Program and they like to give new players a chance. The PSL is a stage for everyone and any player should accept and perform when they get a chance. Unfortunately today our junior players couldn’t perform and as a team we didn’t do well. Our fielding needs improving greatly as when you are misfielding when you have a total like we had today then that can cost you in a big way. Our combination is strong and we are playing with a positive mindset and looking forward to the upcoming challenges.

    The plan was to rotate the strike and Samit was struggling against the leg-spinner so we decided that I would face the leg-spinner more but he misjudged the single, but that happens in cricket.

    50% crowds coming into the stadium is a great initiative. I urge the crowds to follow the precautions and come to the stadium in big numbers. It’s a good sign because it means that we are controlling the virus and following the protocols. I wish all the best to the tournament and I hope that soon the ground is full of fans.

    Every team is fully prepared and every team has a number of match-winners who are performing well. We plan according to the opposition and Sunday’s match against Karachi Kings will be a big clash and we’ll look to reduce our mistakes and improve our execution and win the match.
    When you have target in mind then why play like this in power play, also why hafeez was not send 1 down. pathetic captaincy and planning, They should have line up Rashid replacement as soon as they came to know about his departure.
    Look at IU against KK, They lost 2 wicket but didn't stop them for going after the bowling.
    and here 1 wicket falls and then you send denly (instead of inform Hafeez) and he block the whole over and kill the momentum.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •