Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 76 of 76
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    PSL 6 preview : Shadab Khan holds the key for Islamabad United's success in 2021



    Having won the Pakistan Super League on two previous occasions, Islamabad United were once again expected to be a force in last year’s tournament. However, only 3 wins out of a possible 10 meant that they became the whipping boys and finished bottom of the table with just 7 points after a lacklustre and disappointing tournament.

    As expected, the owners were unhappy with the results and the performance of the team and took appropriate action. Out went Head Coach Misbah-ul-Haq who the PCB felt had enough on his plate and he was replaced by former South African spinner Johan Botha. In addition, former Pakistan spinner, Saeed Ajmal was promoted to Assistant Coach with Rumman Raees added to the coaching staff as the Bowling Coach. Strangely though some of the backroom staff were not replaced.


    Strengths

    The first thing that strikes you about the Islamabad United squad this time around is the strength of the bowling unit. The acquisition of Hassan Ali after his requested departure from Peshawar Zalmi was an expected move. Add to his outstanding skills, Faheem Ashraf, Akif Javed, Ali Khan, Shadab Khan, Fawad Ahmed, Musa Khan, Zafar Gohar and Lewis Gregory and you can see that United have all bases covered when it comes to bowling resources. Pace-bowlers, medium-pacers, leg-spinners, left-arm spinner, the variety and the quality is there in abundance. It won’t be easy to score runs freely against this bowling line-up.


    Weaknesses

    With the loss of Colin Munro due to Covid-19 protocols in New Zealand, United look pretty thin when it comes to batting options despite the acquisition of Paul Stirling. Alex Hales who has moved from Karachi Kings will be heavily relied upon to score the bulk of the runs at the top of the order. Apart from Hales and Stirling one wonders just who will be able to provide the impetus and runs at key moments.

    Hussain Talat, Iftikhar Ahmed and Asif Ali cannot be relied upon in the 20-over format, and are hardly considered the most consistent batsmen in Pakistan. Rohail Nazir and Phil Salt could score some useful runs in the middle-order, but neither are seen as match-turning batsmen. It could be that United will need exceptional performances with the bat from Faheem Ashraf and skipper Shadab Khan who promoted himself to number 4 in last year’s tournament.


    Players to watch for

    Shadab Khan became the youngest player to skipper a Pakistan Super League team last year and whilst his team didn’t qualify for the second stage, his own performances were more than satisfactory. He led the team quite well and showed enough with bat and ball and in the field to inspire his team-mates. A year older and wiser and with more cricket under his belt, Shadab could be the inspiration and leader that United’s players need to raise their game.


    Verdict

    The bowling looks fine, the all-rounders available look adequate, but the batting looks too reliant on Alex Hales and Paul Stirling and the lower order. Shadab at number 4 may work, but ideally to win a tournament you don’t want Shadab batting at number 4 in every match. Whilst Hales is a match-winner on his day, you cannot expect him to play match-winning innings in every match and the United squad doesn’t have the look of a tournament winning one. Whilst the lowly position of bottom of the table should be avoided this time, Islamabad don’t have the overall look of champions. If they perform well, they could reach the second stage but that will probably be as far as they will go unless one or two of their players step up and have incredible tournaments.


    Full Squad

    Islamabad United – Ahmed Saifi Abdullah (emerging); Alex Hales (Platinum; traded from Karachi Kings); Akif Javed (supplementary); Asif Ali (gold); Faheem Ashraf (diamond); Iftikhar Ahmed (silver); Hasan Ali (platinum), Hussain Talat (gold, brand ambassador); Lewis Gregory (diamond); Mohammad Wasim Jnr (emerging); Musa Khan (silver, successful relegation request); Phil Salt (gold); Rohail Nazir; Shadab Khan (platinum); Zafar Gohar (silver, successful relegation request); Fawad Ahmed; Ali Khan; Paul Stirling


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tweeted by Asif Ali

    Last edited by MenInG; 17th February 2021 at 22:01.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,859
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'm not watching this league, but there's a players I will keep an eye out for.

    Akif Javed is one of them. I pray he hasn't regressed since that ligament injury.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,836
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The bowling looks amazing, in fact, probably the strongest line-up of bowlers in any of the PSL teams this year?



  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures from today's practice (courtesy of the PCB)

    Name:  IMG-20210217-WA0006.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  392.5 KBName:  IMG-20210217-WA0018.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  420.9 KBName:  IMG-20210217-WA0019.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  436.2 KBName:  IMG-20210217-WA0004.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  413.1 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th February 2021 at 22:29.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most exciting team containing the future of Pakistan.

    If these cricketers - Shadab, Hassan, Faheem, Rohail, Akif, Gohar (Even Talat but not for t20s) take their game to the next level and become consistent, they can become the backbone of Pakistan cricket for the next decade.

    I really wish Haider Ali was playing for them instead of oldies X1 Peshawar. And if they managed to swap Musa for Nasim/ Hasnain, that would be the cherry on top.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2007
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    972
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post


    Having won the Pakistan Super League on two previous occasions, Islamabad United were once again expected to be a force in last year’s tournament. However, only 3 wins out of a possible 10 meant that they became the whipping boys and finished bottom of the table with just 7 points after a lacklustre and disappointing tournament.

    As expected, the owners were unhappy with the results and the performance of the team and took appropriate action. Out went Head Coach Misbah-ul-Haq who the PCB felt had enough on his plate and he was replaced by former South African spinner Johan Botha. In addition, former Pakistan spinner, Saeed Ajmal was promoted to Assistant Coach with Rumman Raees added to the coaching staff as the Bowling Coach. Strangely though some of the backroom staff were not replaced.


    Strengths

    The first thing that strikes you about the Islamabad United squad this time around is the strength of the bowling unit. The acquisition of Hassan Ali after his requested departure from Peshawar Zalmi was an expected move. Add to his outstanding skills, Faheem Ashraf, Akif Javed, Ali Khan, Shadab Khan, Fawad Ahmed, Musa Khan, Zafar Gohar and Lewis Gregory and you can see that United have all bases covered when it comes to bowling resources. Pace-bowlers, medium-pacers, leg-spinners, left-arm spinner, the variety and the quality is there in abundance. It won’t be easy to score runs freely against this bowling line-up.


    Weaknesses

    With the loss of Colin Munro due to Covid-19 protocols in New Zealand, United look pretty thin when it comes to batting options despite the acquisition of Paul Stirling. Alex Hales who has moved from Karachi Kings will be heavily relied upon to score the bulk of the runs at the top of the order. Apart from Hales and Stirling one wonders just who will be able to provide the impetus and runs at key moments.

    Hussain Talat, Iftikhar Ahmed and Asif Ali cannot be relied upon in the 20-over format, and are hardly considered the most consistent batsmen in Pakistan. Rohail Nazir and Phil Salt could score some useful runs in the middle-order, but neither are seen as match-turning batsmen. It could be that United will need exceptional performances with the bat from Faheem Ashraf and skipper Shadab Khan who promoted himself to number 4 in last year’s tournament.


    Players to watch for

    Shadab Khan became the youngest player to skipper a Pakistan Super League team last year and whilst his team didn’t qualify for the second stage, his own performances were more than satisfactory. He led the team quite well and showed enough with bat and ball and in the field to inspire his team-mates. A year older and wiser and with more cricket under his belt, Shadab could be the inspiration and leader that United’s players need to raise their game.


    Verdict

    The bowling looks fine, the all-rounders available look adequate, but the batting looks too reliant on Alex Hales and Paul Stirling and the lower order. Shadab at number 4 may work, but ideally to win a tournament you don’t want Shadab batting at number 4 in every match. Whilst Hales is a match-winner on his day, you cannot expect him to play match-winning innings in every match and the United squad doesn’t have the look of a tournament winning one. Whilst the lowly position of bottom of the table should be avoided this time, Islamabad don’t have the overall look of champions. If they perform well, they could reach the second stage but that will probably be as far as they will go unless one or two of their players step up and have incredible tournaments.


    Full Squad

    Islamabad United – Ahmed Saifi Abdullah (emerging); Alex Hales (Platinum; traded from Karachi Kings); Akif Javed (supplementary); Asif Ali (gold); Faheem Ashraf (diamond); Iftikhar Ahmed (silver); Hasan Ali (platinum), Hussain Talat (gold, brand ambassador); Lewis Gregory (diamond); Mohammad Wasim Jnr (emerging); Musa Khan (silver, successful relegation request); Phil Salt (gold); Rohail Nazir; Shadab Khan (platinum); Zafar Gohar (silver, successful relegation request); Fawad Ahmed; Ali Khan; Paul Stirling
    M Waseem is going to break through in this tournament. he is the guy to watch out for. Also I hope Rohail Nazir does well.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,564
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The bowling looks amazing, in fact, probably the strongest line-up of bowlers in any of the PSL teams this year?
    Bowling is amazing, but Saj, I think you kind of missed the stuff that Lewis Gregory is a batting allrounder and did very well in last years t20 tournaments while batting at no.4. Phil Salt is a work in progress and can change the match on his own. You don't simply get a strike rate of 152 without having something special up your sleeve. Hussain Talat may be in atrocious form of late, but he was their second best batter in 2018 campaign after Ronchi when he was fixed at no.4 spot. I have a feeling Rohail might come off age in the tournament atleast for t20s.

    Shadab, Gregory, Asif Ali, Fahim, Hasan Ali at 5,6,7,8,9 looks to be a solid batting lineup. With Hales, Stirling, Salt, Rohail/Talat making up the top 4.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,849
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I'm not watching this league, but there's a players I will keep an eye out for.

    Akif Javed is one of them. I pray he hasn't regressed since that ligament injury.
    Same here i want him to perform hes a good talent but not sure he will get many games as hes not in the E category

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,849
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hales
    Stirling
    Salt
    Talat
    Shadab
    Rohail
    Iftikhar
    Fahim ashraf
    Hassan ali
    Gohar
    Muhammed wasim jnr E

    I want to get akif in the team but not sure how they will fit him in

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,849
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The bowling looks amazing, in fact, probably the strongest line-up of bowlers in any of the PSL teams this year?
    Lohare are the strongest bowling line up by far

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    37,756
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shadab should not be finishing 5th with this squad like he did last year. It’s a decent bowling attack , looks likes Hales,Stirling , and Salt will all have to play as there aren’t many good Pakistani batters. If IU don’t qualify for the play offs, questions will need to be asked about Shadab captaincy as that would be 2 years in a row of not getting to the play offs.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,011
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islamabad United’s pacer Akif Javed is recovering from a surgery and will not be available for HBL PSL 6, fast bowler Zeeshan Zameer has been included in the United squad as Akif’s replacement.


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE, Pakistan – Irish international Paul Stirling has arrived in Pakistan after signing for Islamabad United in the Pakistan Super League and talks about his eagerness to experience one of the world’s best T20 franchise competitions.

    Stirling is in the form of his life, scoring three centuries in five ODI matches in the recent tour to the UAE with the national side, and being shortlisted for the inaugural ICC Men’s Player of the Month award.

    Whilst he has played in various T20 Franchise competitions around the world, this will be Stirling’s first time to play in Pakistan’s tournament.

    Speaking shortly after arriving in Pakistan, Stirling said:

    “I can’t wait to be in Pakistan for the first time in my career. I’ve heard so many great things about the culture and the people. Fingers crossed that even if we are under certain rules due to COVID that I can still get the authentic local experience. I’ve been looking to tick this great cricketing nation off for a while now so I’m excited to get going in what should be a brilliant competition.”

    “The PSL will be the most high profile franchise competition I’ve been fortunate enough to participate in, and I’m looking forward to seeing what it’s all about. I remember watching, as a kid growing up, the test matches and ODIs in Pakistan, so to get the chance to play in two of those venues would be an amazing experience along with playing with and against some brilliant local and overseas talent.”

    “After quarantine, I’m looking forward joining up with the Islamabad squad – hopefully, we can get off to a good start in the tournament on Sunday night and make it through to the knock out stages in Lahore further down the line, but that is a long way off just yet.”

    With an Islamabad United squad featuring the likes of Alex Hales, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Ahmed and Shadab Khan, Stirling believes the squad has the talent to succeed:

    “Islamabad have a brilliant record at picking up trophies in their previous PSL campaigns, however, every new season you have to start again from scratch and perform. There’s no doubt that the talent is there in the squad but cricket is not played on paper, over the course of ten group games if we play to our potential then we will be in with a chance to go all the way.”

    “There’s so much talent and experience in the squad and players who are at the peak of their game so it’s an exciting bunch to get involved with. I’ve been fortunate to play against a lot of the Pakistani players internationally and in franchise cricket so I’m glad that I’m in their team for a change!”

    “Alex [Hales] has been on fire recently and there’s no doubt he will continue that form on into this competition. I’ve been at the receiving end of his firepower in the past, so it would be nice to be at the non-strikers end to spectate if the opportunity arises.”

    Islamabad United’s first match is on 21 February 2021 against the Multan Sultans. Fans will be able to watch the tournament via Sky Sports in Ireland / UK.

    https://www.cricketireland.ie/news/a...tan-super-leag


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,704
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One thing you can’t help but love about Pakistan in T20s. We support smaller leagues like BPL and Sri Lanka Premier League and give opportunities to cricketers from all these associate nations on merit. Congrats to Paul Stirling and I really hope he does well.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    17,799
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    The Shadab-Hassan-Faheem trio will have to be the guiding light


    Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,474
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think people are underestimating the batting power of this side. its T20's not ODI's so we only need two players to fire while the others bat around them. This team pretty much bats all the way down. Very flexible too with the variety of players available to the captain and coach. I would say they are one of the fav's for the tournament. I think Asif Ali will surprise a few people this season.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,195
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'll see Shadab step up to the plate this year. He took on the captaincy challenge with aplomb and now with the emergence of Qadir and Zahid he's fighting for his national team spot too. Shadab needs a big PSL to get himself back into the driving seat and i think he's got the mentality and fighting spirit required to deliver.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    29,985
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im backing these boys to come last this year

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,849
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan ali will need to step up and open the bowling for islamabad


  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Im backing these boys to come last this year
    Such a wrong prediction. They should go all the way this year without Misbah weighing them down.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures from IU's practice game vs KK which they won by 7 wickets

    Name:  75422986-cf70-46a1-9e81-7131ddccf6ab.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  65.5 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 19th February 2021 at 00:55.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,704
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I think people are underestimating the batting power of this side. its T20's not ODI's so we only need two players to fire while the others bat around them. This team pretty much bats all the way down. Very flexible too with the variety of players available to the captain and coach. I would say they are one of the fav's for the tournament. I think Asif Ali will surprise a few people this season.
    Never underestimate a team that bats till 11.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shadab in practice games continuing from where he left off in 2020 - looks their best bat at the moment.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,474
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Never underestimate a team that bats till 11.
    Yup..this is what people dont understand about T20 cricket. You dont need five batsmen to get you a good score. You need two. the rest can play around them. Islu bat till 11. and they will show what they are made of..

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    8,704
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Yup..this is what people dont understand about T20 cricket. You dont need five batsmen to get you a good score. You need two. the rest can play around them. Islu bat till 11. and they will show what they are made of..
    Islamabad has the most modern think tank in terms of strategy. Applying their approach to the Pakistan team would be fantastic (and we have the potential to construct such a team). Here’s what I think Rehan ul Haq would do with the Pakistan team:

    1. Babar Azam (c)
    2. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
    3. Haider Ali
    4. Mohammad Hafeez
    5. Shadab Khan
    6. Azam Khan
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Hassan Ali
    10. Usman Qadir
    11. Shaheen Afridi

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,362
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a strong team and will be in the top 3 easily

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pictures of practice

    Name:  640a4817-6821-4150-90e0-2cfb50b5d575.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  434.7 KBName:  2655b99a-b536-461e-9b3c-2fb68adecb73.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  230.3 KBName:  f1b2cd55-d43c-411f-95a6-d6eed58c679a.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  352.4 KBName:  eb445a35-36b9-4a2d-b611-ab5f1e07f10a.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  271.7 KB

    Name:  4757e5cc-db2c-4c07-9dd4-5d4b562c35ee.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  340.0 KBName:  da7d339a-6e54-4ed1-b017-721a7ba6b9fe.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  273.3 KBName:  f0abe3f3-02c7-419a-82aa-4579b57da41b.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  270.2 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,011
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan can't stop grinning. Looks like he's ready to knock some stumps out of the ground this season


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,474
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Islamabad has the most modern think tank in terms of strategy. Applying their approach to the Pakistan team would be fantastic (and we have the potential to construct such a team). Here’s what I think Rehan ul Haq would do with the Pakistan team:

    1. Babar Azam (c)
    2. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
    3. Haider Ali
    4. Mohammad Hafeez
    5. Shadab Khan
    6. Azam Khan
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Hassan Ali
    10. Usman Qadir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    thats a good ODI t20 side. But I cant see Azam Khan wearing the green shirt until he gets fitter. He's just not international material yet.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Islamabad has the most modern think tank in terms of strategy. Applying their approach to the Pakistan team would be fantastic (and we have the potential to construct such a team). Here’s what I think Rehan ul Haq would do with the Pakistan team:

    1. Babar Azam (c)
    2. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
    3. Haider Ali
    4. Mohammad Hafeez
    5. Shadab Khan
    6. Azam Khan
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Hassan Ali
    10. Usman Qadir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    Really good side. I suggested the same thing and it would be the best possible lineup.

    Only unsure about Azam and whether he is cut out for the international game.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,836
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Interestingly promoted himself to number 3.

    Didn't work today.

    I reckon 3 is too high for him in the batting order.



  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    terrible captaincy by him. WHo is making the line up calls.

    What was asif ali and Iftikhar doing that high.

    Why didn't waseem and hasan ali came before zafar gohar. How the hell was zafar gohar allowed to bat that high?

    Seriously, Shadab has no idea about his teams batting. Shadab should be batting at no.4


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    900
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab batting at 3 is a crime.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,836
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Alex Hales after Islamabad United’s win tonight against Multan Sultans:

    At the half way stage of the match the top 6 were told to take responsibility but we probably didn’t quite do that.

    I thought we bowled really well as a team to keep them to a total that was probably slightly below par on a good pitch.

    I guess it was a really good win because we weren’t at our best with the bat. The all-rounders got us over the line.

    There are expectations that come with being the overseas player. I came from the Big bash to the PSL last year and had a pretty good season with Karachi.

    I’ve been playing a long time now so I’m used to playing in different conditions now around the world and it’s something that I really enjoy. Each country poses different challenges.

    I am disappointed with how I got out tonight but I felt in good touch.

    The last few years Lewis Gregory has been brilliant particularly at the death and also in the middle of the innings with the ball. He’s a great signing for us.



  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shadab Khan speaking at end of the match:

    Of course I am happy that we won the game but whilst its good to see that our batting has depth, it doesn't mean that we should let go of winning positions as its not easy every time to make a comeback and win like we did today"

    "This was our first game and we appeared to be a little rusty but we won it and that is quite pleasing"

    "Experience and mental toughness does come handy in these situations; Faheem played well and we will make use of his current form; Winning the first game like this helps in building momentum and confidence in the abilities of the team"

    "Its tough for me as I haven't played cricket for almost two and a half months, and to play such competitive cricket was very difficult, and I did play this game under pressure but thanks to the Almighty, the way I am batting and bowling, I will perform better in next game"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  37. #37
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pathetic captiancy by him. He should had persissted with Zafar Gohar, he got sharjeel. It was Alex hales who dropped him.

    Shadab is making dumb moves. He gave overs to part timers when he could had let zafar bowled much earlier


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    pathetic captiancy by him. He should had persissted with Zafar Gohar, he got sharjeel. It was Alex hales who dropped him.

    Shadab is making dumb moves. He gave overs to part timers when he could had let zafar bowled much earlier
    Yeah let me guess.... they're missing Misbah and his amazing decision making. Your agenda is so blatant...

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Yeah let me guess.... they're missing Misbah and his amazing decision making. Your agenda is so blatant...
    where did i mention Misbah here? You are hte one who feels insecure that i am trying to praise him when i didnt even mention him.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    where did i mention Misbah here? You are hte one who feels insecure that i am trying to praise him when i didnt even mention him.
    It's very easy to read between the lines here. Shadab bowling badly but has actually done pretty well to pull Karachi back here. Despite the noballs and dropped catches, Karachi still aren't getting to 200.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    It's very easy to read between the lines here. Shadab bowling badly but has actually done pretty well to pull Karachi back here. Despite the noballs and dropped catches, Karachi still aren't getting to 200.
    again what lines are you reading between?? Unless you reading from behind


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Aamir Sohail saying Shadab should have taken on the responsibility and bowled himself in the last over


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    again what lines are you reading between?? Unless you reading from behind
    The constant criticism of Shadab for no apparent reason and your blatant love affair with Misbah.

    The part timers pulled the game back for IU and helped keep the score under 200.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    The constant criticism of Shadab for no apparent reason and your blatant love affair with Misbah.

    The part timers pulled the game back for IU and helped keep the score under 200.
    this is the first time ever i have critisized Shadab Khan. I am in fact a big fan of him and liked having him as the captain of both PSL and National team.

    Again, what are you even on about? Do you make posts based on assumptions about others?


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Aamir Sohail saying Shadab should have taken on the responsibility and bowled himself in the last over
    The female commentator aswell. But it also showed that commentator lacked any knowledge of mens cricket.

    Shadab Khan is actually a batting allrounder. People assume he is a bowling allrounder as he was often thrown the ball to bowl.

    Anyways, should had been lewis greg or even zafar gohar.

    Shadab Khan did the right thin by not bowling 2 more overs atleast.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    this is the first time ever i have critisized Shadab Khan. I am in fact a big fan of him and liked having him as the captain of both PSL and National team.

    Again, what are you even on about? Do you make posts based on assumptions about others?
    Look at your posts on this thread alone. Just criticising shadab when it really wasn’t needed. On things like the batting order.

    And now for his bowling changes. In both cases he has not been that bad.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Look at your posts on this thread alone. Just criticising shadab when it really wasn’t needed. On things like the batting order.

    And now for his bowling changes. In both cases he has not been that bad.
    again, i am critisizing Shadab for his captaincy today, how is not needed? You decide when its nedded and is not?

    you made assumptions that I critisize Shadab all the time as if i am a hater of his


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    6,148
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Any cause would be doomed if Shadab holds the key to it. He has regressed in every facet of his game.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    again, i am critisizing Shadab for his captaincy today, how is not needed? You decide when its nedded and is not?

    you made assumptions that I critisize Shadab all the time as if i am a hater of his
    You criticised him in the first match as can be seen above, when it really wasn’t needed. Because IU won the match and he did not make any glaring errors.

    Similarly here, you singled him out here before the match was even 30% finished and anything couldn’t have happened.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,836
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    This batting at number 3 or 4 by Shadab will work from time to time, but day in, day out, it's a policy that could hurt IU.



  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    This batting at number 3 or 4 by Shadab will work from time to time, but day in, day out, it's a policy that could hurt IU.
    Well two bad innings after an injury lay-off, but you have to remember he was brilliant last year and if it works, it gives IU a lot of flexibility to go hard. He’s much more suited to number 4 then he is to 6/7. So whether he succeeds of fails, IU have made the right call in batting him higher in that lineup.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    14,216
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His captaincy was poor with teh bowling changes. We should had not been chasing this score in the first place.

    Good decision though to send Faheem up, that helped with the PP still in place


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,836
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Asif Ali after tonight’s win over Karachi Kings:

    The coach kept saying to me that you can do this irrespective of how many balls you get to face. I was thinking that even if 40 was needed off 10 balls when I had to bat, I had the belief that I could do it.

    Nabi hadn’t really been targeted by the batsmen earlier, but I did that from the first ball I faced.

    Our team combination is such that our batting line-up never ends and we even have Hassan Ali at number 10. We are full of confidence and people believe that we are a strong team and we want to prove that.



  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shadab speaking after Islamabad's win vs Karachi

    "Its always pleasing to win a game with a team effort but if I speak about my own performance as a bowler, the over I bowled could have cost us the match. And whilst the team performed well, I will need to step up in the next games as a bowler and a batsman as I haven't performed that well in these 2 games"

    "We saw some issues in our batting in our previous game and we faced some problems in our bowling in this game; Also we had some fielding lapses and catches were dropped by us"

    "We are trying not to repeat these small mistakes because whilst we have been winning games despite these mistakes, we could end up with trouble in the upcoming games if we don't fix these problems"

    "I had said in the previous game that we need to make good use of Faheem's form because he has had a good season and also performed well at the international level; So when you are performing so well, then your confidence is very high so we tried to make sure he had most of the strike as he is an inform batsman, and he clicked for us"

    "Hussain Talat, Iftikhar Ahmed and Asif Ali all performed well; They were all struggling a bit and could not perform well in the first game and there can be pressure on you in such cases but hats off to them in the way they all performed tonight"
    Last edited by MenInG; 24th February 2021 at 23:04.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,040
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  hales.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  43.7 KB

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    12,635
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hales won them the game or they were gonna lose. That 29 run over was what cost Karachi.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,529
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Hales won them the game or they were gonna lose. That 29 run over was what cost Karachi.
    Their positive attitude and game plan won them the game.

    Any other team would have gone into their shell after two quick wickets, but on his way out, Shadab demanded Faheem come in, and they never looked back.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,564
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't have qualms about Shadab's batting but I am furious to see him bowling tripe almost all the time in last year and a half. He has regressed so badly, he is not even turning the ball, just bowling quicker and flatter. His googly has been becoming easier to read now. I hope Botha works with him on technical stuff now cause I don't think Ajmal would be able to help him as he has been with IU for last 2-3 years I think.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2020
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab need to be more smarter while bowling to lefties, He can take idea from Chahal to bowl wider and slower and make batsman reach for it,
    Shadab have all the tools its the matter or using them smartly.
    Very disappointed with his bowling till now, hope he come back stronger.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,011
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    118/10. Disastrous batting performance, from the team that on paper has the longest batting order.


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Surely Rohail Nazir wouldnt do worse than Phil Salt

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    2,837
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rohail Nazir for Phil Salt
    Lewis Gregory for Hussain Talat

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,011
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their opening bowling partnership of Hassan and Wasim must be one of the best in the tournament


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Possibly the weakest team of the lot

    They dont have anyone that could Milk the bowling around in the middle overs, Someone like Sarfraz Ahmed

    Rohail Should be played at 4 next game

  65. #65
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    6,148
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shadab's captaincy today was horrendous, what exactly was the plan? Didn't attack with slips, took Hassan and Wasim out of the attack when they were looking threatening. Was he just trying to preserve the NRR?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,243
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shadab Khan speaking after IU's first loss of PSL 6:

    "This was our first loss but we got to learn a lot from it; We have been repeating the same mistakes and dont seem to be learning from them; This happened in all games so far and as I had said earlier, if we continue making mistakes then sooner or later we wont get the results going in our favour"

    "This is a learning point for us and we will have to be mentally tough as we seem to be facing these issues quite a lot; Today this was a 160 run pitch and if we had done that then that would have made life difficult for the opposition"

    "In T20 cricket you face 120 balls and we will need to play those balls out; We seem to be relying a lot on trying to play big shots and all we need to do is too look at how Shoaib Malik played his innings and learn from him as he played sensibly at a time when the ball was gripping really well and it was a difficult time"

    "We will have to learn from the way Shoaib Malik batted tonight and bat sensibly in the upcoming games"

    On any regrets on changing Hassan Ali and Mohammad Wasim Jr when they were bowling well

    "No, that's not the case - as at that time the ball wasnt doing that much asn I felt that the spinners would do more damage; As you know a leg-spinner is a wicket-taking option and we had 2 of those types of bowlers in our side; If we had taken one wicket with those bowlers, then the result of the game may have been different"

    Why no slips when he was bowling and 2 edges were missed

    "Initially I had no idea that the ball would grip so much but later I did that but unfortunately 2 edges were missed in that first over"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    37,756
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Shadab Khan speaking after IU's first loss of PSL 6:

    "This was our first loss but we got to learn a lot from it; We have been repeating the same mistakes and dont seem to be learning from them; This happened in all games so far and as I had said earlier, if we continue making mistakes then sooner or later we wont get the results going in our favour"

    "This is a learning point for us and we will have to be mentally tough as we seem to be facing these issues quite a lot; Today this was a 160 run pitch and if we had done that then that would have made life difficult for the opposition"

    "In T20 cricket you face 120 balls and we will need to play those balls out; We seem to be relying a lot on trying to play big shots and all we need to do is too look at how Shoaib Malik played his innings and learn from him as he played sensibly at a time when the ball was gripping really well and it was a difficult time"

    "We will have to learn from the way Shoaib Malik batted tonight and bat sensibly in the upcoming games"

    On any regrets on changing Hassan Ali and Mohammad Wasim Jr when they were bowling well

    "No, that's not the case - as at that time the ball wasnt doing that much asn I felt that the spinners would do more damage; As you know a leg-spinner is a wicket-taking option and we had 2 of those types of bowlers in our side; If we had taken one wicket with those bowlers, then the result of the game may have been different"

    Why no slips when he was bowling and 2 edges were missed

    "Initially I had no idea that the ball would grip so much but later I did that but unfortunately 2 edges were missed in that first over"

    He needs to be asked why does he keep on coming up the order when he isn’t scoring? That is one mistake that is consistently being repeated.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,564
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "We" means I keep on making the same mistakes. I bowl poorly, bat brainlessly and I have no idea what the field placement and bowler rotation during a match is.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,874
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    May the Almighty Help the team whose “key” is held by this joke of a cricketer who will not even get in the reserve sides of the top teams.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    92,874
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Islamabad United needs to reign in the self-appointed Steve Smith. He is ruining their team balance in both batting and bowling and he has zero clue about captaincy.

    They need to drop him for a proper batsman/bowler and give the captaincy to Hales.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    2,528
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shadab is a bust and is an extremely selfish captain who does not know anything about captaincy. I can't believe that we made him the VC of our T20I team.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    133
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some guys here wanted him as Captain of National team.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    23,944
    Mentioned
    1065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    PSL 6 preview : Shadab Khan holds the key for Islamabad United's success in 2021

    Islamabad by far look like the most destructive T20 team in the ongoing PSL edition, and also the red hot favourites to win the tournament, but the problem is that hit-or-miss batting line-ups rarely win tournaments, even in T20 cricket. Also, promoting guys like Faheem up the order, or even Shadab himself batting higher up the order, looks all fine if the team is going well or the target to chase is a stiff one, but I kind of disapprove this strategy when your team is losing wickets and, on the contrary, requires thoughtful and somewhat patient batting.

    Yesterday, constantly, Islamabad kept going for 200 and in the end got bowled out for 119. Now, given how they themselves also succeeded in getting early wickets, just think how competitive it would´ve looked had they even got to 160 or so. A batting line-up, and the team think-tank, should always be smart enough to revise the target originally aimed for. This team must think over this. They´re otherwise the most exciting team to watch, absolutely.


    "It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,849
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrusade911 View Post
    Some guys here wanted him as Captain of National team.
    Hes much better than imad wasim hands down

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,836
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Paul Stirling after the easy win over Quetta Gladiators:

    It was just nice to get out there and get used to the conditions here again and get a few runs and win the game.

    It was a tough 48 hours with a few things off the field. It was tricky as we didn’t know when we were going to play but we finally got told this afternoon that we were going to be on at 7pm.

    We’ve been in enough bubbles now and everyone just gets on with and everyone just has to make the most of it. The team environment is great so we just keep each other going and hopefully by the end of the tournament we are still doing well.



  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    81,836
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Shadab Khan after the win over Quetta Gladiators:

    We just try to keep our plans simple and not to over-complicate things.

    The pitch helped us, especially Faheem Ashraf and suited his length. The pitch was such that if you bowl a difficult length then the ball wasn’t going through. Also he was seaming the ball and he got assistance from the pitch.

    Stirling played really well and we needed an opener like him as we now have Hales and Stirling combining for the power-play and if they come-off then more often than not we will go on and win the match.

    Our strategy was to firstly win the match, get our batsmen into form. Rohail batted very well, I needed some time out there and Asif also finished the match.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •