Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MNA Maulana Salahuddin Ayubi Marries 14-year Old Girl

Member of National Assembly Maulana Salahuddin Ayubi has got married to a 14-year-old Chitrali girl, sources said.

As per the details, Police said that they were investigating the matter at the request of an NGO working for the welfare of women in Chitral. Police told the news source that Nikah of the girl was solemnized out of Chitral and the matter was under investigation.

“We have started an investigation into this case,” additional SHO Rehmat Ali said while confirming application against the JUI-Leader.

MNA Salahuddin Ayubi was elected to National Assembly from constituency NA-263 (Kila Abdullah) as a leader of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F).

According to sources, the minor girl belongs to the Daroosh area of Chitral, and her family was currently out of the district.

Tahafuz-e-Haqooq-e-Chitral Chairman Pir Mukhtar Nabi said that they were consulting lawyers on this matter and announced to file a writ petition before the court of competent jurisdiction against the MNA. Lower Chitral DPO Sonia Shimroz Khan said that the father of the girl had agreed in writing that he would not do that and would ask the local police before a “proper marriage ceremony”.

Source:https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/www....ld-girl/%3famp

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This mullah has been part of numerous PDM jalsas. Hopefully PDM and their supporters will condemn this, and hopefully the PTI government will arrest him soon.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can bet my house that Imran would not come out and condemn it because he does not want to upset the right wing.

The image of his that Imran is building is of a super pious Muslim leader who holds a tribal and traditional mindset.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the legal age in islam for Nikah?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP Imran khan is not to blame for this,in those parts of Pakistan public follows Shria law.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryw View Post
    In Pakistan legal age for marriage is 18 for males and 16 for females.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    I can bet my house that Imran would not come out and condemn it because he does not want to upset the right wing.

The image of his that Imran is building is of a super pious Muslim leader who holds a tribal and traditional mindset.
    Except that the mullahs are supporting PDM, so no reason for him not to if he hears about it.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OP Imran khan is not to blame for this,in those parts of Pakistan public follows Shria law.
    It is clearly unlawful.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Something along the lines of puberty I believe, but that is not really the issue here, 14 year olds have sexual relations all around the world. I am more interested in the maulana's age, I can bet he isn't a teenager, and that for me is the bigger issue.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the girl reaches puberty, then she can be married off.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s sick. In pics the maulana looks in mid 50s to 60s. So he is in the clear......

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maulana is between 55 to 60 years old!I heard unconfirmed news that this is his fourth or fifth marriage.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Maulana should be castrated

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is this legal? I mean there should be some civil law monitoring this, shouldn’t there?

Disgusting

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rich and powerful using their power to abuse the poor. Its the story of PK

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even according to Pakistan law, its rape .

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is trying to beat Imran Khan's record in marriages for marrying young women. Because of this age gap I think is the bigger problem that such men and maulvis need to marry so often.
    I even came across incidents in Karachi among poor people guys of 12-14 years old who get married with lesser age of girls without their consent in a barter system.
    I do not know if it is legal or not but the west always raises an issue of Muhammad(PBUH) marrying Hazrat Ayesha. Her age is debatable by Islamic scholars.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Surely this can't be happening.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    How is this legal? I mean there should be some civil law monitoring this, shouldn’t there?

Disgusting
    It's not legal I am sure there is an age law in the country (I remember it 18)

but Guess it varies from provinces to provinces that's the only legal way they can allow it

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy2018 View Post
    He is trying to beat Imran Khan's record in marriages for marrying young women. Because of this age gap I think is the bigger problem that such men and maulvis need to marry so often.
    I even came across incidents in Karachi among poor people guys of 12-14 years old who get married with lesser age of girls without their consent in a barter system.
    I do not know if it is legal or not but the west always raises an issue of Muhammad(PBUH) marrying Hazrat Ayesha. Her age is debatable by Islamic scholars.
    This is such a ridiculous comparison. ALL of Imran Khan's wives were legal adults and his last 2 wives were literally middle aged women in their 40s with grown adult children. The girl in the OP is a freaking minor, that's the KEY difference. Marrying with big age gaps as long as the individuals are consenting adults is not the issue and is not unusual at all even in the west but the girl in the OP is just a child.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    This is such a ridiculous comparison. ALL of Imran Khan's wives were legal adults and his last 2 wives were literally middle aged women in their 40s with grown adult children. The girl in the OP is a freaking minor, that's the KEY difference. Marrying with big age gaps as long as the individuals are consenting adults is not the issue and is not unusual at all even in the west but the girl in the OP is just a child.
    Anyhow, I do not consider Pakistanis as beacons of Islam and do not run its state of affairs in the same way Saudi Arabia does. I guess where ordinary Pakistani breaks Islamic teachings all the time - so I guess what he did should not be a problem. At least he is not sexually molesting male students as most Pakistani maulvis do. But, yeah, he can find better alternatives.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 22nd February 2021 at 04:27.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyhow, I do not consider Pakistanis as beacons of Islam and do not run its state of affairs in the same way Saudi Arabia does. I guess where ordinary Pakistani breaks Islamic teachings all the time - so I guess what he did should not be a problem. At least he is not sexually molesting male students as most Pakistani maulvis do. But, yeah, he can find better alternatives.
    I don't know what you're saying, under Islamic laws what the mullah did might be permissible but not under secular laws and Pakistan is not a secular country.....yet.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 22nd February 2021 at 04:27.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those asking, it is unlawful. Legal age for marriage for females is 16 while for males, it is 18.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those asking, it is unlawful. Legal age for marriage for females is 16 while for males, it is 18.
    He broke the law and should be punished.

But lets be straight, you dont care about this young girl. You only want to use this to further attak Pakistan and Islam. Try reading the new French law where a 15 year girl an lawfully marry a 90 year old man. But again, you dont care do you?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    He broke the law and should be punished.

But lets be straight, you dont care about this young girl. You only want to use this to further attak Pakistan and Islam. Try reading the new French law where a 15 year girl an lawfully marry a 90 year old man. But again, you dont care do you?
    Thread is about a minor Pakistani girl; I am not sure what France has to do with it.

How is this attacking Pakistan and Islam? I am merely a messenger. It is not my fault that there is such barbarity in Pakistan! It is always best to acknowledge the shortcomings of your country rather than lying to yourself.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It is puberty.

Not only in Islam but in other major religions as well.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its not debatable, it's very clear.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I have predicted, no action or condemnation from the government.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there should be
    isn't he in the opposition?

They were full on Macho mode with PMLN, PPP but as soon as maulvis with guns showed up these Immu ke lions became cats...

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Its not debatable, it's very clear.
    What’s the age?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    there should be

They were full on Macho mode with PMLN, PPP but as soon as maulvis with guns showed up these Immu ke lions became cats...
    You're acting like Khan hasn't taken on diesel before. Don't need to play the maulvi card.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    there should be

Imran’s whole term has been about appeasing the right wing and using religiosity to stall any criticism of his government.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fawad Chaudhary raises the issue of the underage marriage in the parliament, calls it illegal!

Kudos to this man!! Always speaking up against extremist thought.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Stay on topic.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What action do you want to be taken?

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In matters like these, it’s better to stay quiet and hope that the issue slowly dies out. They cannot anger both secularists and also religious extremists.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One action that must be taken is to introduce a stipulation in the law that minimum age of marriage is 16 AND the groom must not be more than 20 i.e., The age difference should be 4 year maximum if the girl is under 21

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whatever is the punishment under Pakistani law.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just so people here now, parliamentarians rejected an anti-underage marriage bill in 2019, the bill aimed to set the legal marriage age at 18. The bill was rejected by the PTI government as well as the opposition.

Meanwhile, Arab countries are scrubbing away hate content from their curriculum and catching up with the rest of the world while we are rapidly moving in reverse. Saudi Arabia has already banned under-18 marriages.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    One action that must be taken is to introduce a stipulation in the law that minimum age of marriage is 16 AND the groom must not be more than 20 i.e., The age difference should be 4 year maximum if the girl is under 21
    Some people may disagree, because if you fix such age differences people may be missing good proposals. Suppose a girl is 16 and they have a good proposal from a guy who is 24, why would the bride family not marry the girl to that boy?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Whatever is the punishment under Pakistani law.
    Pakistan laws are Islamic Laws , and the point I mentioned above marrying at an early age is not something that is in Islam only, it is part of all major religions and cultures.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just so people here now, parliamentarians rejected an anti-underage marriage bill in 2019, the bill aimed to set the legal marriage age at 18. The bill was rejected by the PTI government as well as the opposition.

Meanwhile, Arab countries are scrubbing away hate content from their curriculum and catching up with the rest of the world while we are rapidly moving in reverse. Saudi Arabia has already banned under-18 marriages.
    Saudi Arabia is NOT the authority on Islam. Neither is Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan laws are Islamic Laws , and the point I mentioned above marrying at an early age is not something that is in Islam only, it is part of all major religions and cultures.
    That does not make it right.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people may disagree, because if you fix such age differences people may be missing good proposals. Suppose a girl is 16 and they have a good proposal from a guy who is 24, why would the bride family not marry the girl to that boy?
    Those people can go screw themselves.
    They don't have the shame to propose a 16 year girl for their mushtanda 24 year old guy. Such a girl is better off not going into such a family to begin with.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are talking about Islam here not other religions. And, it is unlawful under Pakistani law to marry an underage girl.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saudi Arabia is NOT the authority on Islam. Neither is Pakistan.
    You are completely missing the point. The point was that people tend to think of the Saudis as being primitive and conservative but they have still outlawed underage marriage.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guna View Post
    If the girl reaches puberty, then she can be married off.
    In Islam a girl needs to be deemed mentally, physically, spritually and sexually ready for marriage. Reaching puberty is not the criteria.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    In Islam a girl needs to be deemed mentally, physically, spritually and sexually ready for marriage. Reaching puberty is not the criteria.
    Who is to determine if the girl is mentally and spiritually ready for marriage ? How does a preteen understand what sex is and what it’s consequences are?

This mentally ready thing is so vague, it is laughable. Will a maulana determine if the girl is mentally and spiritually ready?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    New Yarek
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is to determine if the girl is mentally and spiritually ready for marriage ? How does a preteen understand what sex is and what it’s consequences are?

This mentally ready thing is so vague, it is laughable. Will a maulana determine if the girl is mentally and spiritually ready?
    So what do you suggest

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    That does not make it right.
    How does it make it wrong?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You are completely missing the point. The point was that people tend to think of the Saudis as being primitive and conservative but they have still outlawed underage marriage.
    If they have done so what difference does that make, different countries have throughout history have had different ages of consent for marriage, even today there is a difference in different places. Do we have a Universal uniform age?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Those people can go screw themselves.
    They don't have the shame to propose a 16 year girl for their mushtanda 24 year old guy. Such a girl is better off not going into such a family to begin with.
    You need to give practical solutions.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We are talking about Islam here not other religions. And, it is unlawful under Pakistani law to marry an underage girl.
    My point was that throughout all ages puberty is the benchmark taken for marriage. I am not saying that a person has to be married at that age , I am saying a person is capable of marriage.

If there exists any such law against this marriage, it is totally against all major religions , but since Pakistan is just a Muslim-dominated country and not Islamic country so if the complaint is lodged action might be taken against this by authorities. But I do not see it benefiting anyone. These kind of news is generally hyped to sell for limited period of time , then everyone forgets them

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Physically and sexually are the same thing in this context, I do not know what do you mean by spirituality here.

Well , puberty is the sign that a person is physically capable, that is why different people hit puberty at different times , it is not constant. It depends on the environment as well.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If they have done so what difference does that make, different countries have throughout history have had different ages of consent for marriage, even today there is a difference in different places. Do we have a Universal uniform age?
    Most countries do have a minimum marriage age. You cannot marry off a child in most civilised countries unlike ours.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My point was that throughout all ages puberty is the benchmark taken for marriage. I am not saying that a person has to be married at that age , I am saying a person is capable of marriage.

If there exists any such law against this marriage, it is totally against all major religions , but since Pakistan is just a Muslim-dominated country and not Islamic country so if the complaint is lodged action might be taken against this by authorities. But I do not see it benefiting anyone. These kind of news is generally hyped to sell for limited period of time , then everyone forgets them
    I do not think a 12 year old or a 14 year old understands the union of a marriage and the responsibilities and the health risks that come with such marriages. Pakistan has the highest number of infant mortality and a very high maternal mortality in part due to underage marriages.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Most countries do have a minimum marriage age. You cannot marry off a child in most civilised countries unlike ours.
    Yes , but different countries have different minimum ages across centuries , who is to define what exactly should be termed as right age ?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I do not think a 12 year old or a 14 year old understands the union of a marriage and the responsibilities and the health risks that come with such marriages. Pakistan has the highest number of infant mortality and a very high maternal mortality in part due to underage marriages.
    That is why we have Guardians , if they think that person is ready for marriage, what can others do? Will they take responsibility? We can say that the parents should be imprisoned, what are the repercussions after that, we need to look at that as well.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes , but different countries have different minimum ages across centuries , who is to define what exactly should be termed as right age ?
    We are talking about the present, not about what happened in the 17th or the 19th century.
    Last edited by saeedhk; 1st March 2021 at 11:02.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is why we have Guardians , if they think that person is ready for marriage, what can others do? Will they take responsibility? We can say that the parents should be imprisoned, what are the repercussions after that, we need to look at that as well.
    Why should guardians decide when a person should get married?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does it make it wrong?
    Cause of the sheer emotional trauma it would cause to the "victim"

Imagine you as a 14 y/o man marrying a women in her 50s with multiple husbands(who are due to thier age have greater power over you add in "vangence" for the new husband into the mix)

(even though it doesn't even come close to the power dynamics a girl suffers in that situation)

This is cruelty

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeemp View Post
    So what do you suggest
    A person is mentally ready when her or she understands what sex is, the consequences of sex and has proper means to support themselves in case of pregnancy. No 12 or 14 year old is ready for all of the baggage that comes with sex. It was neither true back during medieval times nor true even now. Children were exploited and their lives were ruined due to irresponsible decisions of society.

Spiritually ready is not even worth discussing. Reading religious scriptures does not make anyone ready for marriage and sex. If so, all the Pandits, Padris and Maulanas would be sex gurus.

A minimum of 18 years is needed for sex and marriage. I would even bump it up to 21 years considering how many 18 year olds act. Maturity only comes with real world experience.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simply determining that puberty is the only aspect is even more vague! Is an 85 year old woman with dementia good for marriage to a 25 year old man? Islam would certainly say no to this even though puberty has been passed.

The guardians of the girl are primarily responsible for determining this. Sometimes this is very clear i.e. if she has some learning difficulty or other disability. If the parents don't feel she is mentally and spritually ready then she isn't as they are ultimately responsible for granting the man permission for her marriage.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We are talking about the present, not about what happened in the 17th or the 19th century.
    Why are you limiting it to the present? Earlier also people were humans like us. What is the difference?

Moving on when does this present age you are referring to starts from?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why should guardians decide when a person should get married?
    Why should they not?
    Guardians are deciding everything for Children , are they not ?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Cause of the sheer emotional trauma it would cause to the "victim"

Imagine you as a 14 y/o man marrying a women in her 50s with multiple husbands(who are due to thier age have greater power over you add in "vangence" for the new husband into the mix)

(even though it doesn't even come close to the power dynamics a girl suffers in that situation)

This is cruelty
    So you mean to say all these years societies were doing cruelty , and all our grandparents were living in trauma?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A person is mentally ready when her or she understands what sex is, the consequences of sex and has proper means to support themselves in case of pregnancy. No 12 or 14 year old is ready for all of the baggage that comes with sex. It was neither true back during medieval times nor true even now. Children were exploited and their lives were ruined due to irresponsible decisions of society.

Spiritually ready is not even worth discussing. Reading religious scriptures does not make anyone ready for marriage and sex. If so, all the Pandits, Padris and Maulanas would be sex gurus.

A minimum of 18 years is needed for sex and marriage. I would even bump it up to 21 years considering how many 18 year olds act. Maturity only comes with real world experience.
    What about college and school-going teens having sex, its fornication. No one is objecting to that across the world there are several cases of teenage pregnancies. Why is there never an uproar over it. People using a girl like toilet paper and throwing them away is fine because they are GF and BF. If someone marries a teen and gives her status of a wife , and share in the property, he suddenly becomes a demon.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you mean to say all these years societies were doing cruelty , and all our grandparents were living in trauma?
    (If even if I go very far into the family history no one did that, and I am sure marrying a young girl was taboo in society even in the olden days)
    Yes just like
    Our forefathers had/were slaves and they were doing cruelty or suffering from it
    Our forefathers also did some other unacceptable things and cruel things (doesn't mean we should be judging tham from our modern hagamonic pov but it also doesn't mean we should justify the modern cruelty with the fact that our forefathers also did that)

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because something existed in the society for years, dosen't make it good necessarily. Also most of our grandparents did live in a crappy world compared to us.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about college and school-going teens having sex, its fornication. No one is objecting to that across the world there are several cases of teenage pregnancies. Why is there never an uproar over it. People using a girl like toilet paper and throwing them away is fine because they are GF and BF. If someone marries a teen and gives her status of a wife , and share in the property, he suddenly becomes a demon.
    A 50+ year old male marrying a 14 year old can no way be justified. That guy is a certified pedophile. He dosen't suddenly becomes a demon, he's a demon personified. one thing for teens to get involved with each other through mutual consent, another is an old guy committing pedophilia.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtiaq_ctg View Post
    Just because something existed in the society for years, dosen't make it good necessarily. Also most of our grandparents did live in a crappy world compared to us.
    It also does not make it bad automatically.
    By the way, what do you think is the current age of marriage legally in different countries?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also does not make it bad automatically.
    By the way, what do you think is the current age of marriage legally in different countries?
    Legal age of marriage should be way above 14 that's for sure. Do not promote pedophillia by engaging in mental gymnastics.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A 50+ year old male marrying a 14 year old can no way be justified. That guy is a certified pedophile. He dosen't suddenly becomes a demon, he's a demon personified. one thing for teens to get involved with each other through mutual consent, another is an old guy committing pedophilia.
    Brother, do you have an issue with sex or with marriage, you need to get that right first, because in marriage you are assuming there is no consent and not mature enough , whereas in fornication there is consent as well as maturity , this is contradicting, the parameter to judge has to be same.

Also , do you know what are the characteristics of pedophile?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    (If even if I go very far into the family history no one did that, and I am sure marrying a young girl was taboo in society even in the olden days)
    Yes just like
    Our forefathers had/were slaves and they were doing cruelty or suffering from it
    Our forefathers also did some other unacceptable things and cruel things (doesn't mean we should be judging tham from our modern hagamonic pov but it also doesn't mean we should justify the modern cruelty with the fact that our forefathers also did that)
    So wives in early times were like slaves? Is that what you want to say?
    Whether our forefathers were right or wrong in things we will discuss individually , if they were wrong in one aspect, we cannot paint everything with the same brush. This issue of early marriage is what we are discussing now , and you already reached conslusion it was wrong .

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brother, do you have an issue with sex or with marriage, you need to get that right first, because in marriage you are assuming there is no consent and not mature enough , whereas in fornication there is consent as well as maturity , this is contradicting, the parameter to judge has to be same.
    I have issues with a grown human having sexual attraction towards another underage human being. That is absolutely disgusting & illegal.
    Parameter to judge automatically changes depending on the age of the individual. A mature person can never be judged on same parameter to a juvenile.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why should they not?
    Guardians are deciding everything for Children , are they not ?
    Okay. What are guardians deciding for children? Actually, you have already answered your own question. A child has limited understanding of the dynamics of a marriage, why should a guardian push a child to get married to a person thrice his/her age?

A guardian deciding whether his/her child should go to a picnic or not is different from the guardian deciding marriage matters. Marriage is a life-long commitment and no other person can decide any matters related to marriage for anybody else.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The MNA is 64 years old!! As I had expected, no condemnation from anybody apart from Fawad Chaudary.

This crime has already been forgotten by the masses!

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MNA is 64 years old!! As I had expected, no condemnation from anybody apart from Fawad Chaudary.

This crime has already been forgotten by the masses!
    The news was originally reported by some Indian sources. I was wanting to see some other reliable source but perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

However, since the MNA didn't come out to deny it, raises serious concerns. This is pedophilia in my opinion and must be dealt with an iron fist.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I have issues with a grown human having sexual attraction towards another underage human being. That is absolutely disgusting & illegal.
    Parameter to judge automatically changes depending on the age of the individual. A mature person can never be judged on same parameter to a juvenile.
    You have a problem over something is not what we are discussing, I may have a problem with people wearing yellow hat , but for whole society its not a problem, I do not think a law would be made against wearing a yellow hat