Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to know USA Visa Policy Issues

hi friends, so few days ago i got the marriage proposal from a Pakistani girl from USA , shes born and raised in USA, so she likes me and i likes her, so our family know all about this issue and my family will soon visit his uncle family here in Pakistan for having formal meeting.

the thing is that the girl and his family is ready to sponsor me but they dont know about visa policy and issues and i also dont know about it. i have zero knowledge about it.

the US embassy website is not helping much to solve our problems.

so we people dont know how to get spouse visa, if the girl is still in US and we arent married yet. we are not going to apply for fiance visa which takes more time. the girl and her family wants me to visit US ASAP so they are asking me to get info from embassy or someone who knows about these things.

i didnt visit embassy for now, becoz i dont know how to apply and how it works.

so can people here plz tell me how to apply and how much time and cost it will take me to go US.
    and what kind of visa i should apply, fiance visa or spouse visa ?

plz help me here.

i request to mods plz stick this thread from coming weeks . becoz i need all of advises. thanks

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a close family member who got married to an American girl in India. They applied for Green card in India itself, so I believe he got a temporary green card for 2 years. If I remember correctly it didn’t take him more than 2-3 months after application.

You should be able to apply in US embassy in Pakistan itself. Just ensure you have all the required paper work.

I don’t think it should be any different in Pakistan as long as there isn’t any geopolitical reasons due to which there will be some delays which you should research on.

Usually navigating through the Visa process is super easy in the USA as long as you have solid paperwork required.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI the timeline I am quoting here is 2006 ish so not sure if things have changed since.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does she know about the other stuffs that you wrote here in other threads?

Because God forbid something goes wrong, what will happen? I understand sponsoring you probably will give you a few years of financial security even if it goes wrong but thats just the small part of the whole issue.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Does she know about the other stuffs that you wrote here in other threads?

Because God forbid something goes wrong, what will happen? I understand sponsoring you probably will give you a few years of financial security even if it goes wrong but thats just the small part of the whole issue.
    excuse me ? what did i wrote wrong here ? will you plz try to explain ?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hire an immigration attorney in the US. Ask the girl to Find one. Thereís dime a dozen desi attorneys

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the counslate or the embassy
    They're usually good people they'll guide you

But use the internet US visa websites are detailed and something as common as visa for spouse should definitely be on the website, like I am 99% sure it's on the website somewhere just gotta look...

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Hire an immigration attorney in the US. Ask the girl to Find one. There’s dime a dozen desi attorneys
    Cost you a b*** load of money for no reason
    Just do the forms, paperwork yourself especially in a simple case like spouse visa

Litterally 5-10 families in our circle did it themselves, not that hard tbh

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    Just do the forms, paperwork yourself especially in a simple case like spouse visa

We blame all these middlemen in our part of the world but it’s our own fault, we are too lazy to stand in a queue or fill out a form, you will be surprised if you have all the required documents and pay attention to what you are filling in the form, the amount of middle men fees one can avoid and see how straight forward these processes are. I am not talking about Us,Canada ,UK even in India and it shouldn’t be any different in Pakistan or Bangladesh either.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the counslate or the embassy
    They're usually good people they'll guide you

But use the internet US visa websites are detailed and something as common as visa for spouse should definitely be on the website, like I am 99% sure it's on the website somewhere just gotta look...
    the thing is we arent married yet, so how can i apply for spouse visa before marriage ? what should we do, ask girl to come here to get marry first thn apply for visa or what ? i am really confused .

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    the thing is we arent married yet, so how can i apply for spouse visa before marriage ? what should we do, ask girl to come here to get marry first thn apply for visa or what ? i am really confused .
    You can’t apply spouse visa before marriage. Period. You can apply for a visitor visa, get married there and apply for visa or vice versa. There is no way around it at least straightforward way, if there are some loopholes then you should figure it out in a non-public forum.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    You canít apply spouse visa before marriage. Period. You can apply for a visitor visa, get married there and apply for visa or vice versa. There is no way around it at least straightforward way, if there are some loopholes then you should figure it out in a non-public forum.
    Visiting the US and getting married there to a citizen is dangerous, IMO. In fact, if the US is anything like most EU countries, the registry offices won't even register the marriage between a citizen and a non-resident foreigner.
    I would advise the OP to bring the girl to Pakistan and marry her there. Get a Pakistani marriage certificate, apostille it and apply for a spouse reunion visa. It may take longer but it is the safest option.
    Last edited by gani999; 23rd February 2021 at 22:39.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so anyone know how much it cost for visa,ticket, documents expenses etc etc ?
    Last edited by Poseidon; 23rd February 2021 at 22:40.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Visiting the US and getting married there to a citizen is dangerous, IMO. In fact, if the US is anything like most EU countries, the registry offices won't even register the marriage between a citizen and a non-resident foreigner.
    I would advise the OP to bring the girl to Pakistan and get married there. Get a Pakistani marriage certificate, apostille it and apply for a spouse reunion visa. It may take longer but it is the safest option.
    any idea how much time and cost it will take ?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any idea how much time and cost it will take ?
    I really don't know what the prices in the US Embassy are, so you'll need to ask them.

As for time, it may take around 2-3 months if all your documentation is in order.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't know what the prices in the US Embassy are, so you'll need to ask them.

As for time, it may take around 2-3 months if all your documentation is in order.
    so as u said that bring the girl to pakistan first thn get marry over in pakistan and thn after i should start my paper work ? before that its futile to do any paper work or visit embassy ? thats what u mean to say ? right ?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so as u said that bring the girl to pakistan first thn get marry over in pakistan and thn after i should start my paper work ? before that its futile to do any paper work or visit embassy ? thats what u mean to say ? right ?
    Yes, get the marriage registered in Pakistan first so you can get an official marriage certificate. You may (most likely, you will) need to get the certificate apostilled by your local government office. You can start the visa formalities once you have the apostilled marriage certificate.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, get the marriage registered in Pakistan first so you can get an official marriage certificate. You may (most likely, you will) need to get the certificate apostilled by your local government office. You can start the visa formalities once you have the apostilled marriage certificate.
    ok. so things are getting lit bit clear for me. thanks for the advise.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more advices on visa, time and ticket cost and issues will also be welcome in this thread. plz feel free to give the input. thanks.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok. so things are getting lit bit clear for me. thanks for the advise.
    One more thing. I just learned that Pakistan is not a signatory of the Hague Apostille Convention, so you cannot get a Pakistani marriage certificate apostilled. You will need to ask the US Embassy what sort of document certification they need for visa applications.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The kind of basic questions heís asking I wouldnít advise or trust him to do the whole process by himself.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excuse me ? what did i wrote wrong here ? will you plz try to explain ?
    In past, you have wrote about how you have weak financial background and was the verge of going broke. Going to US and that too without much experience might put you not in a good position.

Is it the same women from two years who was divorced from her cousin? You should have had the information you are asking now since, you already asked this same question in 2019.

If you didn't move ahead, why? Is it the same women or a different one?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest way will be, contact the 90 days fiancť team. The production team should carry out the paperworks I guess. In the end, give them some fights, some dramas and in return, take the money from the show, live with your wife and start some business.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of basic questions here bro that you can find answers to yourself. Ticket cost, visa cost etc. Just go online to any airlineís website to check the ticket cost or just use Google flights. Visa cost, types of visas etc will be in the embassy website including all required documentation.

Here I just did half the work for you:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-or-fiance-of-a-us-citizen.html

Once you figure out what course of action you went to take then others can help out with their own experience.
    Last edited by offstump; 23rd February 2021 at 23:39.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In past, you have wrote about how you have weak financial background and was the verge of going broke. Going to US and that too without much experience might put you not in a good position.
    she knows my financial position. also what do u mean about in bold. explain it plz .

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK , a fiancť visa is much faster compared to a married one . Look u fiancť visa requirements i guess .

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely, there should be a valid evidence that you and the girl have met for the marriage OR engagement ceremony. The telephone Nikkah or mangani is sometimes not a good evidence of engagement or marriage in the eyes of American consulate's visa officer.

The girl may need to visit Pakistan or you guys will need to meet in Dubai or something. A formal engagement/Nikkah ceremony should be held and the quickest way is to apply for a FIANCE' visa.

Here is the info.

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-...of-us-citizens

However, this is just the basic theory. Your in-laws here in the United States should hire an immigration attorney and get this done properly.
    Last edited by Colorblind Genius; 24th February 2021 at 00:19.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    she knows my financial position. also what do u mean about in bold. explain it plz .
    Whatís your plan when you get to the US though? This is something you need to think about. Just winging it wonít work.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The kind of basic questions heís asking I wouldnít advise or trust him to do the whole process by himself.
    Yup...all his questions are available online

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two options available for you:

1). K1 fiancee visa. With this visa, you can go to the US with the intention of getting married in the US. You will apply for green card from within the US after getting married. The process for getting K1 visa can take several months, and the green card process can take 6 - 18 months depending on where you will live in the US.
    2). CR1 green card, for this you will have to get married in Pakistan and apply from the embassy.

You can't use a visit visa with the intention of getting married and staying in the US. That is visa fraud. Even if you are not getting married, you could be denied entry because the intention of your visit would be to visit your financee. They basically want you to go through K1 or CR1 route.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will you work in US?

With very little experience in professional field and if I may be honest, IIRC you were fired for being irresponsible at work once. Everyone here told you otherwise but you chose not to go through that. I suppose there was a date with a girl?

You seemed a bit impatient to do 9 to 5 jobs on any field. You should really think about going to US though. Because initially, you'll be happy but later on, when it will be time to take responsibility, issues may erupt.

Broke financially is OK as long as you have the correct mindset.

But as far your past post goes, I don't the see that fire to improve your life, in you.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With very little experience in professional field and if I may be honest, IIRC you were fired for being irresponsible at work once. Everyone here told you otherwise but you chose not to go through that. I suppose there was a date with a girl?

You seemed a bit impatient to do 9 to 5 jobs on any field. You should really think about going to US though. Because initially, you'll be happy but later on, when it will be time to take responsibility, issues may erupt.

But as far your past post goes, I don't the see that fire to improve your life, in you.
    He has taken the decision to move to U.S. means atleast he has thought of something. Baad dia bhai. Upodekh dile tumake beya pabo.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also note that if the desi guy is raised in the US and the girl arrives from Pakistan, chances of such marriages are better _ but remember, you should not and you cannot deal with an American raised desi girl with a traditional Pakistani/Indian/desi husband mindset.

These girls in general raise questions in every small matter, there is usually a lot less patience, and ability to compromise is not usually a whole lot impressive.

And then if you donít have a good technical skill, working 9 to 5 odd jobs at minimum pay will break your back in a few years.

So besides visa, learn some technical skill, may be something in software development, and become good at it.

And be ready to deal with a girl who wonít compromise on much after a few months of marriage when she starts to show her American side.

All the best to you!

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP what you should is a nikkah in Pakistan and then apply for a spouse visa. You can do the rest of the wedding functions and Rukhsati later. By doing the nikkah first you can save time, as it takes around one year to be able to get the visa.

You should also consult with an attorney. Yes it costs money, but they would give you the best advice. What the girls family is asking you to do, visit US and then get married is fraud. You will probably get away it, but you are taking a risk.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    OP what you should is a nikkah in Pakistan and then apply for a spouse visa. You can do the rest of the wedding functions and Rukhsati later. By doing the nikkah first you can save time, as it takes around one year to be able to get the visa.

You should also consult with an attorney. Yes it costs money, but they would give you the best advice. What the girls family is asking you to do, visit US and then get married is fraud. You will probably get away it, but you are taking a risk.
    K1 visa should be simpler. In 90 days fiance, people get K1 visa right and left without much hassle.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you assume too much , i wasnt fired becoz of irresponsibility , i was fired becoz i took couple of days off without informing them becoz i had an emergency issue.

and i didnt go to date.

i have no experience in any professional field, thats right. i am financially broke. but i can do any job if gt thre.

if you want to help me thn plz give some solid advise, dont try to discourage me here.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can someone tell me other set of skills which will good to learn before go there, besides computer. i cant learn software devolpment in just few months of time.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can someone tell me other set of skills which will good to learn before go there, besides computer. i cant learn software devolpment in just few months of time.
    I doubt basic computer skills will cut it, in US they can outsource those basic things in a jiffy
    I mean why would they pay you in $ for the work that someone in India can do in Rupees and he is probably more qualified (if we are talking about basic courses that you can so in 1 to 2 years time if someone thinks differently I would love to know)

Electrition they earn a lot of money but tbh it's better if you learn it in US than in Pakistan - that way you'll get a certificate and you'll be earning money while learning the trade its win-win

Don't expect a white-collar job American companies don't give European degrees respect forget Pakistani degrees
    so unless you start all over again with college in the US, those degrees should go in the trash bin

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hope your in laws have a business and you can work there for short term. Or like a 7:11 minimum wage (and hope Biden increases min wage to $15/hr). And simulataneously work towards getting some technical qualifications and take it from there. Donít wanna discourage but You have to be realistic at the same time.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you assume too much , i wasnt fired becoz of irresponsibility , i was fired becoz i took couple of days off without informing them becoz i had an emergency issue.

and i didnt go to date.

i have no experience in any professional field, thats right. i am financially broke. but i can do any job if gt thre.

if you want to help me thn plz give some solid advise, dont try to discourage me here.
    Not informing the authority and taking couple of days off IS irresponsibility. There's protocol in every company, department in case emergency arises and you HAVE TO comply with it. I don't think anyone would disagree that what you did was highly unprofessional and doesn't look good in your resume.

I am not discouraging you. I am asking you to consider reality beforehand so that you don't have to go through harder time once you are outside of Pakistan and your options become very limited.

And I'll be skeptical about the situation too. If you can't find a job (without proper skills, probabilities are very high), then you will be totally depended on your wife in every aspect. In longer term, it may create greater conflicts. Even if she sponsors you but backs out later, you'll find yourself in a deep trouble as you won't be financial stable to sue her as she will be responsible for your well being though she may not be in reality (if it goes south).

All I am asking us, I don't even know you but having been here, people develope some connections.

Excluding me, even the Pakistanis living in US are telling the similar outcome. Listen to them even if not me.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you drive?

If so, you can drive Uber, and save some money, and try to get a small business. Assuming your wife is willing to pay your bills in the meantime, and you dont have to send money back to your relatives in Pakistan, you can save for 3 to 4 years, and get something.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you drive?

If so, you can drive Uber, and save some money, and try to get a small business. Assuming your wife is willing to pay your bills in the meantime, and you dont have to send money back to your relatives in Pakistan, you can save for 3 to 4 years, and get something.
    The wife is sponsoring him so by my understanding, she has no other options to not to pay the bills even if he doesn't pay. She will be responsible for his well being.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife is sponsoring him so by my understanding, she has no other options to not to pay the bills even if he doesn't pay. She will be responsible for his well being.
    I meant once he gets a job. In Pakistani culture, the man either pays the bills or if the women is liberal they might split them. Even the feminist Pakistani women suddenly remember their culture when it comes to money. Alot of these liberal women want the man to pay 100% of bills, even if she has a good job.

So is the wife ok with him saving money for years, or is she expecting him to contribute to household bills right away? Assuming she is living with her parents, will she be ok with a ghar damad? Or will she want to get her own place? And if they get their own place will she need him to contribute.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Poseidon what type of job does this girl have? Does she live with her parents? If she does are you ok being a ghar damad for awhile?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant once he gets a job. In Pakistani culture, the man either pays the bills or if the women is liberal they might split them. Even the feminist Pakistani women suddenly remember their culture when it comes to money. Alot of these liberal women want the man to pay 100% of bills, even if she has a good job.

So is the wife ok with him saving money for years, or is she expecting him to contribute to household bills right away? Assuming she is living with her parents, will she be ok with a ghar damad? Or will she want to get her own place? And if they get their own place will she need him to contribute.
    His safest choice will be a k1 visa. If she agrees, irrespective of what he does, she will be liable for him for atleast 10 years. There may internal conflicts due to all the above reasons but he can legally sue her if she doesn't pay him for foods and accommodation (as per my understanding). And most probably, even if divorce does occur, even then she won't be free from her liability.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His safest choice will be a k1 visa. If she agrees, irrespective of what he does, she will be liable for him for atleast 10 years. There may internal conflicts due to all the above reasons but he can legally sue her if she doesn't pay him for foods and accommodation (as per my understanding). And most probably, even if divorce does occur, even then she won't be free from her liability.
    That does not sound like a good deal for the girl. At least when a Pakistani guy abroad marries a girl in Pakistan, the divorce rate is low. The divorce rate is much higher the other way around. And based on the above, even if he divorces her she will have to pay. Seems risky for the girl.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To OP don't get discouged

You'll be better of in the US as a Uber driver than you would have been as a white.collor proffesional

Atleast 2,3 times better

Just come to US I am sure.something will work out

If you're a hard worker sky's the limit (there are millioneres who barely have any decent education but they worked thier a** of to get thier)

As long as you work hard you're good!

But even if you don't work hard you're still better off than you were in Pakistan (if you're middle class, proffesional)

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP you know what's up apply for this visa asap ba

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it'd be easy for you as a Pakistani male to get a fiance visa especially if your fiancee is of a Pakistan Muslim background; you'd be better off to get married in Pakistan and then go through the process.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does not sound like a good deal for the girl. At least when a Pakistani guy abroad marries a girl in Pakistan, the divorce rate is low. The divorce rate is much higher the other way around. And based on the above, even if he divorces her she will have to pay. Seems risky for the girl.
    Sponsoring someone comes with lots of risks. In 90 days fiance, there were sponsors who signed up without knowing the liability and faced the wrath later. The state assumes that, if you are signing up for sponsorship, you already know the terms and conditions. As you are taking full liability, hence the visa process gets somewhat easier than other ones (as you are guaranteeing that, that person won't be out of cash while he or she is in states no matter what his or her conditions are).

It will benefit him. But yup, it's very risky for the girl in this scenario.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your FIL have a business, join that without any second thought. Try to integrate yourself , learn the trade and take responsibility of managing it.

Otherwise you can take a student loan and do a professional course in an American University to prep yourself up for a job. Ofcourse your family needs to support you to an extent while you go through this journey but you can pay them back once you are in the job for few years.

If your wife is already working or planning to join the workforce soon, that will help both financial health as well. In a country like US unless you have stable business or you have a 120k /year package, it's important both husband wife are actively earning.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    "you can take a student loan and do a professional course in an American University to prep yourself up for a "

Interesting I never heard about this tbh
    Would you elaborate on that (a example or something)?

Cause a white collar job without a degree is a good deal especially if someone is old and looking to get into workforce (I know a older relative of mine in US who is in his late 20s and not really looking for a college degree nor a a trade with too much hard labor)

Would pass of the information to him (if there's something good available out there)

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RajBan View Post
    If your FIL have a business, join that without any second thought. Try to integrate yourself , learn the trade and take responsibility of managing it.

Otherwise you can take a student loan and do a professional course in an American University to prep yourself up for a job. Ofcourse your family needs to support you to an extent while you go through this journey but you can pay them back once you are in the job for few years.

If your wife is already working or planning to join the workforce soon, that will help both financial health as well. In a country like US unless you have stable business or you have a 120k /year package, it's important both husband wife are actively earning.
    student loan in US? My friends took it and they are burried in debt as stated by them.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    student loan in US? My friends took it and they are burried in debt as stated by them.
    If you're not a state resident don't take it

Wait for residency period
    Normal costs around $6000 (in state university)
    For out of state around 30k
    Int around 50k

If it was private he knew what was coming..

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll be better of in the US as a Uber driver than you would have been as a white.collor proffesional

Atleast 2,3 times better

If you're a hard worker sky's the limit (there are millioneres who barely have any decent education but they worked thier a** of to get thier)

But even if you don't work hard you're still better off than you were in Pakistan (if you're middle class, proffesional)
    Why not come with planning and better prep when he has some time?

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She won't be liable if/when the guy becomes a US citizen.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    "you can take a student loan and do a professional course in an American University to prep yourself up for a "

Interesting I never heard about this tbh
    Would you elaborate on that (a example or something)?

Cause a white collar job without a degree is a good deal especially if someone is old and looking to get into workforce (I know a older relative of mine in US who is in his late 20s and not really looking for a college degree nor a a trade with too much hard labor)

Would pass of the information to him (if there's something good available out there)
    I have seen some of my American colleagues attend trainings conducted by their city University and benefitted out of it in their professional life. I assume OP already has a Graduation degree to apply for a job, if not then he has to go for a full degree course which will be very costly unless again there is a scholarship opportunity. Without degree it js difficult to get into a corporate job atleast as far as my understanding goes.
    Last edited by RajBan; 26th February 2021 at 13:57.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Why not come with planning and better prep when he has some time?
    I don't know what you mean tbh

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi friends, so few days ago i got the marriage proposal from a Pakistani girl from USA , shes born and raised in USA, so she likes me and i likes her, so our family know all about this issue and my family will soon visit his uncle family here in Pakistan for having formal meeting.

the thing is that the girl and his family is ready to sponsor me but they dont know about visa policy and issues and i also dont know about it. i have zero knowledge about it.

so we people dont know how to get spouse visa, if the girl is still in US and we arent married yet. we are not going to apply for fiance visa which takes more time. the girl and her family wants me to visit US ASAP so they are asking me to get info from embassy or someone who knows about these things.

so can people here plz tell me how to apply and how much time and cost it will take me to go US.

plz help me here.

i request to mods plz stick this thread from coming weeks . becoz i need all of advises. thanks

I went to the US from New Zealand on a K1 -fiance visa. Between the spousal visa and the K1 visa - K1 visa is easier but you are the only best judge of your circumstances and you have to weigh the pro's and con's before you choose the best alternative.

I have done all the paperwork myself and there are several great forums to help you with that.

The one that I used is visajourney.com. It is very extensive and uselful.

There is a separate section for Pakistan based visa applicants.

I would first advise you to read thoroughly on both the K1 and the spousal visa and arrive at a decision for yourself.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plz help me here.

Where are you from? which country's citizenship do you currently possess?

Spouse visas for US citizens are the the highest possible category and get processed fairly quickly. When I filed for my wife, who was a pakistani citizen at the time, the entire process took roughly 11 months from the time of me submitting the application to her getting the visa from the embassy in Islamabad.

And if you know how to navigate forms and stuff, this should be a simple process, no need for an attorney. The total fees will be around $600-$1000 i believe. You wont be asked to pay for it all up front, I think its in stages, application fee, processing fee, then medical fees you pay in pakistan, and this and that.

also your wife will need to complete and submit an affidavit of support for you and include her tax return papers from recent years to show she can financially support you when you get here. She needs to show a bare minimum income as well which depends on other people she is supporting, her state of residence and the current poverty line. This minimum number can be found on DHS website.

If she does not work, she can get someone else to complete the affidavit of support for you, as long as that person is willing to take the responsibility of supporting you.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas_alexandar View Post
    I went to the US from New Zealand on a K1 -fiance visa. Between the spousal visa and the K1 visa - K1 visa is easier but you are the only best judge of your circumstances and you have to weigh the pro's and con's before you choose the best alternative.

I have done all the paperwork myself and there are several great forums to help you with that.

The one that I used is visajourney.com. It is very extensive and uselful.

There is a separate section for Pakistan based visa applicants.

I would first advise you to read thoroughly on both the K1 and the spousal visa and arrive at a decision for yourself.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

Spouse visas for US citizens are the the highest possible category and get processed fairly quickly. When I filed for my wife, who was a pakistani citizen at the time, the entire process took roughly 11 months from the time of me submitting the application to her getting the visa from the embassy in Islamabad.

And if you know how to navigate forms and stuff, this should be a simple process, no need for an attorney. The total fees will be around $600-$1000 i believe. You wont be asked to pay for it all up front, I think its in stages, application fee, processing fee, then medical fees you pay in pakistan, and this and that.

also your wife will need to complete and submit an affidavit of support for you and include her tax return papers from recent years to show she can financially support you when you get here. She needs to show a bare minimum income as well which depends on other people she is supporting, her state of residence and the current poverty line. This minimum number can be found on DHS website.

If she does not work, she can get someone else to complete the affidavit of support for you, as long as that person is willing to take the responsibility of supporting you.
    i am a pakistani citizen, the girl is US citizen, she said she will sponsor me, she said she will come to marry me thn she will file a visa application for me from US , i dont know if she asked to some attorney or not.

also she doesnt work, her father is retired, so i dont know whos gonna submit the affidavit papers.

one question, i live in karachi , so i have to apply in Islamabad US embassy only or in karachi US embassy ?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you drive?

i cant drive, tell me some more skills.

@Poseidon what type of job does this girl have? Does she live with her parents? If she does are you ok being a ghar damad for awhile?
    yeah i can live as a ghar damad for a while, she doesnt work, she lives with her parents. her parents have thier own house.

Atleast 2,3 times better

tell me more skills other thn driving, i dont own a car. she asked me to take IT course after coming to US. i really dont know about IT stuff at all.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some suggestions on skills requirement for US will also be welcome in this thread.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont have that kind of amount , also i dont have money for air ticket. i am a broke.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what you mean tbh
    @Colorblind Genius My bad I thaught you were responding to my other post with the proffesional devalopment part

Yeah you are 100% right, but was just giving him a bit "encourgement" to take that step and not get disappointed with all the hurdles in the journey

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have that kind of amount , also i dont have money for air ticket. i am a broke.
    Dude, you now seem to be trolling.
    Last edited by Colorblind Genius; 26th February 2021 at 22:31.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You asked for advice and the process. I gave that to you. I dont have any advice or fix for you being broke. That you have to figure out for yourself.

None of my business, but agar itna broke ho to shadi kyon kar rahey ho bhai? first go find a job, get stable and then get married. Thats just my view, mean no offense here.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Dude, you now seem to be trolling.
    You asked for advice and the process. I gave that to you. I dont have any advice or fix for you being broke. That you have to figure out for yourself.

None of my business, but agar itna broke ho to shadi kyon kar rahey ho bhai? first go find a job, get stable and then get married. Thats just my view, mean no offense here.
    i am not trolling. seems you offended with my post. i didnt mean to ask u to solve my financial issues. i just want to share it with you brother. i had some medical issues from last 10 yrs , its fix now but thats why i am right now in this condition. what more can i say.

but just suggest me something useful for my journey in US. thanks for the advice.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am not trolling. seems you offended with my post. i didnt mean to ask u to solve my financial issues. i just want to share it with you brother. i had some medical issues from last 10 yrs , its fix now but thats why i am right now in this condition. what more can i say.

but just suggest me something useful for my journey in US. thanks for the advice.
    Why dont you ask your wife to be for advice? She is an American citizen and lives in the US so who better to ask for advice instead of random strangers here?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why dont you ask your wife to be for advice? She is an American citizen and lives in the US so who better to ask for advice instead of random strangers here?
    shes not my wife yet. shes still stranger. i am asking here becoz thre are many people here for US.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ mods plz dont delete this thread in future, becoz people are sharing there valuable experiences over here. thanks.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shes not my wife yet. shes still stranger. i am asking here becoz thre are many people here for US.
    so what sort of advice do you need now? You say you dont expect anyone to solve your financial problem but what is it exactly that you need then?

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by the way, granted she is a stranger but you are going to tie yourself to her, does she know about the current health and financial situation? You need to do that before you marry her.

Moving to US is a difficult transition even for qualified and educated individuals. It takes a while getting used to the system around here. Someone in your situation might struggle immensely if you are not sure what you will be doing. It would be sensible to share this with her.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so what sort of advice do you need now? You say you dont expect anyone to solve your financial problem but what is it exactly that you need then?
    in my OP i asked, what kind of visa, and how much the whole process cost plus air ticket, and how much time it will take. also what kind of set of skills one should need etc etc.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by the way, granted she is a stranger but you are going to tie yourself to her, does she know about the current health and financial situation? You need to do that before you marry her.

Moving to US is a difficult transition even for qualified and educated individuals. It takes a while getting used to the system around here. Someone in your situation might struggle immensely if you are not sure what you will be doing. It would be sensible to share this with her.
    she knows about my financial situation also she knows about my medical issues. after all i will do my medical before going.
    i can understand that it seems difficult for me. but thats the only light i can see in the end of the tunnel rite now. its a chance of a life time. i have to take it .

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    she knows about my financial situation also she knows about my medical issues. after all i will do my medical before going.
    i can understand that it seems difficult for me. but thats the only light i can see in the end of the tunnel rite now. its a chance of a life time. i have to take it .
    Out of curiosity. Why do you think is she marrying you? Like whatís in it from her perspective? Need to be wary of such things because there could be other games going on.

If you donít know driving doesnít mean you canít learn how to drive. Driving lessons in Pakistan can be very cheap and yes thereís going to a change with left hand drive in US but better to at least learn the basics. And Iím not saying this just for Uber. Since you donít have any professional skills, Most likely any job you get in US will expect you to be able to drive to some extent. You will have to target jobs like being cashier, pizza delivery guy, building receptionist and the like.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity. Why do you think is she marrying you? Like what’s in it from her perspective? Need to be wary of such things because there could be other games going on.

If you don’t know driving doesn’t mean you can’t learn how to drive. Driving lessons in Pakistan can be very cheap and yes there’s going to a change with left hand drive in US but better to at least learn the basics. And I’m not saying this just for Uber. Since you don’t have any professional skills, Most likely any job you get in US will expect you to be able to drive to some extent. You will have to target jobs like being cashier, pizza delivery guy, building receptionist and the like.
    i dont know whats her perspective, i have talked to her on phone, she said that here boys are playing around and not serious for marriage etc. so they are looking for some pakistani boy whos serious for marriage and all. also she said my english is good as a pakistani born (which i disagree), mostly pakistani guys arent that good with english speaking skills. so i have mix of urdu and english language so i can gel well over thre in pakistani community. thats the only reason she gave me. so i dont know much about her perspective.

yes i can try to learn driving here, i will try to learn. but its good to know other more options if jobs are limited for the person like me. so i can go there well prepared. thats all.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You cant do fiancee visa without meeting in person.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my OP i asked, what kind of visa, and how much the whole process cost plus air ticket, and how much time it will take. also what kind of set of skills one should need etc etc.
    I already addressed the visa part and the process you need to take. And the cost. Air ticket one way, I think I addressed that part as well. The time it will take .. 9 months to a year, everything was addressed in my posts. My question is what else is left? What is it exactly that you are asking for? You said you donít have that kind of money, then you said You are not asking for us to figure a way out of your financial problems. So Iím lost as to what is it exactly you expect from people here..

Career advice? If that is the case, I donít think anybody can help you, unless they know you. Even then itís a big challenge for someone to tell you what to do that will make you prosperous in America. Itís always a matter of hard work, smarts, how quickly you adapt here, luck, timing, all that stuff.

My general advice for everyone is to gain as much qualification and experience from Pakistan as they can before they come here, whether you want to drive a cab or design a rocket engine. There is no alternative for proper technical education though.. STEM education will help you a lot. Business, particularly finance and accounting will be good as well. But be prepared to study here more for a year or two and get some additional degrees of you really want a career.
    If education is not your thing, there are vocational institutes here that can teach you basic programming, technology stuff, nursing certifications, basic electrician/plumbing/ generally handymen stuff.
    Then there is the gas station/cabbie route you can take as well and make enough to support at least yourself through that. America is the kind of opportunity. So you wonít starve to death.. everything else is based on your ambition.

Maybe share with us what you have done at school your educational qualifications, etc..or what you are good at and then people will be better informed to advise you.
    Last edited by Stewie; 27th February 2021 at 01:17.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    You cant do fiancee visa without meeting in person.
    That's the key point that I noted in my first response to this thread.
    The U.S. visa petioner, must have met their fiancť or "to be spouse" in person to have a valid case.

Visa application is usually rejected when matrimonial binding is done over the phone or in the cyberworld.