Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I am actually quite happy to let the Kurds do as they please, no problem if we want to wash our hands of them. The only reason it's an issue is because obviously the Kurds don't want to take responsibility for them as they are British citizens. Why do you think Britain is stripping citizenship? Obviously to get out of their duties as laid out by whatever treatise is supposed to be binding in these situations.

Also, I tend towards a skeptical nature so I don't buy the 'no racism involved' reasoning. Sajid Javed, Priti Patel as the brown faces pushing it.....you know that makes you feel uncomfortable, admit it.
    Priti and Javed are on the frontline for everything...not just this ...and yes its full on tokenism ...that however doesn’t mean this issue has to do with race...but security...

French academics in particular have done a lot of work on white converts and ISIS cos there are a lot of them...and France is far from interested in welcoming them back...Letts parents were imprisoned for funding terrorism when they sent their son money ...

Your other point I agree with...the Kurds don’t want to be judge, jury or executioner unless they catch Turks ...the Iraqis were more than happy to execute Frenchmen in comparison...

Also I agree with Silentkiller that Britain likely doesn’t want the Kurds to judge ...cos then there is the possibility these guys come back ...so the easier thing to do is remove citizenship ...

I’m not arguing that it isn’t flawed...it’s most certainly self-interested...but there are reasons the likes of Britain, France and Germany are all doing this...and that’s cos guys returning who haven’t been charged haven’t exactly dropped their ideological positions...and all three have been victims of terror attacks...and will do whatever it takes to reduce that risk...

This isn’t to say all those returning are terrorists or want to attack Britain...
    You’ll have those who are traumatised by the whole experience...
    You’ll have those who realised ISIS wasn’t the Islamist utopia they had hoped for and became disillusioned...
    Of course a lot have died too...

The prevailing stat which actually came as a defence was “no more than one in nine foreign fighters returned to perpetrate attacks in the West.’..

That’s quite a large number in real terms...there isn’t the assumption that none of these guys can be rehabilitated ...but there is certainly the belief that some can’t...and do you want these guys in prisons recruiting or walking the streets?...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Priti and Javed are on the frontline for everything...not just this ...and yes its full on tokenism ...that however doesnít mean this issue has to do with race...but security...

French academics in particular have done a lot of work on white converts and ISIS cos there are a lot of them...and France is far from interested in welcoming them back...Letts parents were imprisoned for funding terrorism when they sent their son money ...

Your other point I agree with...the Kurds donít want to be judge, jury or executioner unless they catch Turks ...the Iraqis were more than happy to execute Frenchmen in comparison...

Also I agree with Silentkiller that Britain likely doesnít want the Kurds to judge ...cos then there is the possibility these guys come back ...so the easier thing to do is remove citizenship ...

Iím not arguing that it isnít flawed...itís most certainly self-interested...but there are reasons the likes of Britain, France and Germany are all doing this...and thatís cos guys returning who havenít been charged havenít exactly dropped their ideological positions...and all three have been victims of terror attacks...and will do whatever it takes to reduce that risk...

This isnít to say all those returning are terrorists or want to attack Britain...
    Youíll have those who are traumatised by the whole experience...
    Youíll have those who realised ISIS wasnít the Islamist utopia they had hoped for and became disillusioned...

The prevailing stat which actually came as a defence was ďno more than one in nine foreign fighters returned to perpetrate attacks in the West.í..

Thatís quite a large number in real terms...there isnít the assumption that none of these guys can be rehabilitated ...but there is certainly the belief that some canít...and do you want these guys in prisons recruiting or walking the streets?...
    I would want them to face trial and be convicted if found guilty. If not, then we take our chances like with every other defendant who goes through the process. Either you believe in British justice system or you don't. My gut tells me the real reason Shamima is being stripped of her citizenship is because the govt is afraid of the backlash if she arrives back and is judged not guilty. The tabloids would go into a frenzy whipping up the public sentiment, and the govt doesn't want to deal with that.

If our justice system can't be relied on in these situations then maybe it is flawed to begin with.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh View Post
    Priti and Javed are on the frontline for everything...not just this ...and yes its full on tokenism ...that however doesn’t mean this issue has to do with race...but security...

Your other point I agree with...the Kurds don’t want to be judge, jury or executioner unless they catch Turks ...the Iraqis were more than happy to execute Frenchmen in comparison...

Also I agree with Silentkiller that Britain likely doesn’t want the Kurds to judge ...cos then there is the possibility these guys come back ...so the easier thing to do is remove citizenship ...

I’m not arguing that it isn’t flawed...it’s most certainly self-interested...but there are reasons the likes of Britain, France and Germany are all doing this...and that’s cos guys returning who haven’t been charged haven’t exactly dropped their ideological positions...and all three have been victims of terror attacks...and will do whatever it takes to reduce that risk...

This isn’t to say all those returning are terrorists or want to attack Britain...
    You’ll have those who are traumatised by the whole experience...
    You’ll have those who realised ISIS wasn’t the Islamist utopia they had hoped for and became disillusioned...

The prevailing stat which actually came as a defence was “no more than one in nine foreign fighters returned to perpetrate attacks in the West.’..

That’s quite a large number in real terms...there isn’t the assumption that none of these guys can be rehabilitated ...but there is certainly the belief that some can’t...and do you want these guys in prisons recruiting or walking the streets?...
    Security? She will be in prison for years if found guilty and if not guilty , there is nothing to worry about.

The issue is of a Brit going to fight with foriegn forces possibly involving killing others.

You ignored my point so I ask again.

Why are British Jews able to join the Israeli forces and then return with no issue? Israel is an occupying power which is being investigated for war crimes. So a Jew goes to Israel, kills an innocent Palestinian, returns back to the UK and gets applauded, why?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep