Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    Why do we need someone dependable at 4? Hafeez has always done better coming in earlier than later. He came in early during the games in England, New Zealand, and South Africa and comes in at 3 anyways for Lahore Qalandars. He effectively bats at number 3 across formats.

He is also our most destructive batsman and you want him to play the longest, and preferably even take advantage of the powerplay.

Fakhar at 3 would mean he comes in against pace and would have the same set of problems as if he was opener. I’ve restricted him to 4 so him or Sharjeel can take advantage of medium pacers/all rounders/spinners which is where they are most destructive.

Haider is an automatic pick at 5, where he can bat aggressively with a platform already built, and can begin to mature the way he bats. As the best young batsman in the country, should be an automatic pick just for the sake of development.

That’s the top 5 settled. Regardless of who comes after, those are the best batsmen in the country for those positions.

I do agree that Imad needs to promote himself and show what he’s capable of more often.

He is a relukatta there for the sake of team combination. He is the best relukatta in the country and even if Shadab was a pure bowler, he is the best spinner in the country aside from Usman Qadir and Mohammad Nawaz. We don’t have that many good spin options available.

Zahid Mehmood is equivalent to Shadab with the ball but can’t bat or field. No other spinners that really come to mind except Zafar Gohar but Nawaz is a much better left arm spinner.

So I will go with three spinners per match and these three can be any three out of:
    Imad Wasim
    Shadab Khan
    Mohammad Nawaz
    Usman Qadir

Take your pick
    Imad nd Qadir for me......plus Hafeez

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by castortroy View Post
    How is Afridi still being selected for franchise teams.

Seriously the guy is finished as a cricketer
    Afridi should retire now.Chacha Iftikhar should be replaced by a younger player too.He is very inconsistent.