Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Hassan Ali versus Haider Ali at PSL 6

There were a few afters when Hassan claimed the wicket of Haider. At a time when the match was already won for Peshawar, Hassan celebrated and reacted quite excessively and for quite a while in Haider's direction.

Seems a little bit of an overreaction to getting a 20 year-old kid out when the opposition need 3 from 20, and Haider hadn't even hit him for a run the whole game, so I wonder what prompted such a celebration.
    Last edited by MenInG; 27th February 2021 at 23:05.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What was the point? To tell the youngster that he is still the boss? Would Hassan Ali do this to Glen Maxwell or Eoin Morgan at the T20 World Cup after they have destroyed your team?

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very lame thing to do considering the batsman has already done the damage and the wicket has no bearing on the outcome of the match. If this was a match changing dismissal then I could understand why the bowler would be pumped up but not here.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very cringeworthy from Hasan Ali, just like that Wagah border dance lol.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think he was a little bit over the top I think he was trying to say you smashed the others around the park but you couldnít smash me, anyway donít expect him to be depressed but he was having a right giggle with Faheem while parking off the park at the end and this after his team got bowled out in 17 overs and thrashed. His lucky sarfraz ainít his captain
    Last edited by Shahzad1985; 27th February 2021 at 22:41. Reason: Forgot to add something

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The extended clip has been added in the OP

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Hassan Ali fan but I do think this was silly of him. Dude, your team has lost. What's there to celebrate?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I'm a Hassan Ali fan but I do think this was silly of him. Dude, your team has lost. What's there to celebrate?
    Think it was to make a point.

What is interesting now is when they come across each other again in the upcoming games - could be some needle.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Heat of the moment, nothing else. Happens all the time

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

What is interesting now is when they come across each other again in the upcoming games - could be some needle.
    Right, but these points are meaningless if they don't help your teams cause. Just like Wahab doing that mustache celebrate (I think last year?) when Zalmi's were on the brink of defeat.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some tension between the two. But Hassan isn't the type of guy who make it anything more than that - which is how it should be.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I understand a fast bowler should be fired up etc but this was just cringe, considering the game was already lost, and the man who you got out is a youngster who just slaughtered your attack.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Well that will depends on how they get along outside of the game.
    I'm sure they shook hands and made up in the changing rooms.

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan Ali was never a smart guy. 99% of bowlers taking a wicket at that stage of the match with the game done and dusted would not celebrate the wicket.

Show how Pakistani players play for themselves and their stats, and then the team.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Needs another spanking by Rohit and Dhawan to get his head sorted again.

He needs to learn a thing or two about respect. Zalmi gave him a chance when he was a nobody and brought him to the limelight.

Without Zalmi, he wouldnít be where he is today. It is fine if he wanted to leave because he wanted to play under the captaincy of his clown best friend, but at least have a little gratitude to the team that played a massive role in helping you reach this platform.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think because our bowlers ainít been in great form for country his return has been extra hyped like he was the great big miss for us. Itís that saying your a better player when out the team

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic stuff.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahzad1985 View Post
    I also think because our bowlers ain’t been in great form for country his return has been extra hyped like he was the great big miss for us. It’s that saying your a better player when out the team
    When was the last time a Pakistani bowler took a 10-fer? Well he won you a test after a while and then you come up with this.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Hassan was chirping quite a bit at Haider, trying to wind him up and the young batsman wasn't really taking the bait.

When he eventually got him out, I thought the reaction was over the top as the match was gone and Haider had smashed the bowlers around.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hasan and Sarfraz showing themselves to be circus clowns with this sort of behavior. One yells at young bowlers, the other at young batsman.

Would love to see Sarfraz yell at Dale Steyn or Hasan at Gayle

They know they’ll get smacked up side the head.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Harris Rauf does the same thing. Dismisses a number 11 batsman and behaves as if he dismissed Kohli cheaply. These things in my view are good for the tournament tho. You can't have everyone playing and acting all goody

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he contributed greatly in one test against a poor SA team albeit you can beat only whatís in front of you that donít condone his extra exuberance in the subject of this thread. The Jury still out for me until he plays against any classy opposition his fortunate while he was away not many bowlers stamped their authority in the bowling ranks but I think Hasnain will be breathing down his neck in the next year or two

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Harris Rauf does the same thing. Dismisses a number 11 batsman and behaves as if he dismissed Kohli cheaply. These things in my view are good for the tournament tho. You can't have everyone playing and acting all goody
    Thereís always a fine line. Nobody is saying to go to the batsman and ask if heís okay and ask ďso tell me how do you really feel?Ē Like his therapist. But stop being extra. Thereís a difference between being amped up and trying to look like youíre overcompensating celebrations because itís been a while since you took wickets (not saying thatís what happened- but thatís the kind of cheap chichori looking vibe it gives)

Pandya, Kohli, Wahab, all these guys get in the faces- but itís controlled aggression. Wahab did it on the world stage, thatís another topic, this is just pyjama league cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Thereís always a fine line. Nobody is saying to go to the batsman and ask if heís okay and ask ďso tell me how do you really feel?Ē Like his therapist. But stop being extra. Thereís a difference between being amped up and trying to look like youíre overcompensating celebrations because itís been a while since you took wickets (not saying thatís what happened- but thatís the kind of cheap chichori looking vibe it gives)

Pandya, Kohli, Wahab, all these guys get in the faces- but itís controlled aggression. Wahab did it on the world stage, thatís another topic, this is just pyjama league cricket.
    Nicely put, controlled aggression is what we liked to see, over the top pseudo macho man aggression is just cringe.

Also What happened to the old school cold stare down. Remember Shoaib Akhtar did one to Clarke in Edgbaston after he beat him for pace, was pure blockbuster.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Haris Rauf looks like a total clown. Gets out a #8 when his teams already lost the match and celebrates the wicket like he has won a World Cup and been man of the tournament

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Haris Rauf looks like a total clown. Gets out a #8 when his teams already lost the match and celebrates the wicket like he has won a World Cup and been man of the tournament
    Rauf looks and plays like a tape ball cricketer.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheap shot by Hasan Ai, regrettable.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loving the attitude, the determination to keep going till the end and showing your passion. Already have enough acha bachas.

Anyway, this is a moot point, it was a just heat of the moment stuff. Move along, nothing to see here.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think that it fine to have with bit of aggression on the field. Yes things should be normal off the field and ultimate focus should remain on cricket and their personal game development.

If a bit of attitude and aggression makes anyone work harder to be able to maintain that attitude than they should go for it as far as it is in the rule books and under the limits. As some athletes around the globe get extra motivation to push themselves with bit of aggression and attitude around their persona as they want to be able to good enough to carry that along with the extra adrenaline rush.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very over the top The match has gone why the aggression?

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Heat of the moment, nothing else. Happens all the time
    Exactly - i wouldnt read much into this. This is making controversy out of nothing.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally i think its fine what hassan ali did even if the game is lost.you need that aggression when bowling.