Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    BOG approves First Boards of the six Cricket Associations for a one-year term

    First Boards of six Cricket Associations

    In line with Clause 16 of the PCB Constitution 2019, the BoG approved First Boards of the six Cricket Associations for a one-year term.

    During this period, the First Boards will carry out functions attributed to the management committees in the Model Constitutions for City Cricket and Cricket Associations, including managing and running day to day affairs, supervising the first registration of Cricket Clubs under each CCA as per applicable regulations/bylaws and monitoring and organising cricket events and activities within its jurisdiction.

    Each First Board comprises high-quality individuals with diverse expertise, excellent reputation and a proven record that the PCB firmly believes will play an integral role in smooth transition into the elected Cricket Associations.

    o Balochistan Cricket Association - Qaiser Khan Jamali (Chairman), Irfan Ahmad Awan, Munawar Khan Tareen, Murad Ismail, Nargis Hameedullah, Shah Dost, Syed Farid-ud-din and Zafarullah Jadgal (all members)

    o Central Punjab Cricket Association - Abdullah Khan Sumbal (Chairman), Ali Ahmad Khan, Amir Ilyas Butt, Arshad Ahmad Khan, Atif Naeem Rana, Babar Altaf Butt, Shahrez Abdullah Khan, Muhammad Umer and Sarfraz Ahmad Bajwa (all members)

    o Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cricket Association - Anwar Zeb Jan (Chairman), Aamir Nawab, Abdul Jaleel Khan, Fayyaz Ali Shah, Haris Bilal Afridi, Ikhlaq Ahmed Khan, Kabir Ahmed Khan, Muhammad Javed Afridi, Rozamin Khan and Shahid Khan Shinwari (all members)

    o Northern Cricket Association - Saleem Asghar Mian (Chairman), Abdus Sami, Asif Faridi, Mohammad Ayaz Butt, Nadeem Ahmed Abbasi, Col (retd) Naushad Ali, Raja M. Zia Ashraf and Tanveer Ahmed (all members)

    o Sindh Cricket Association - Imran Hussain (Chairman), Abdul Raqeeb, Aftab Baloch, Agha Jawaid Ahmed, Hadeel Obaid, Jamil A.Mughal, Lt Gen (retd) Javed Zia and Syed Farooq Hussain Shah (all members)

    o Southern Punjab Cricket Association - Muhammad Anees Khawaja (chairman), Ali Khan Tareen, Hassan Hussein Qureshi, Khalid Farooq, Shahid Ahmed Butt and Taimur Altaf Malik (all members)

    Club registrations and City Cricket Association events

    The BoG noted that the registration of clubs across Pakistan will commence next month, with further details to be shared in due course. However, when the registration process opens, only club Presidents will be able to register the cricket club and all details will be shared with the First Board for further verification and scrutiny.

    Clubs which participated in either 2017-18 or 2018-19 Fazal Mehmood club tournaments and fulfil the requisite criteria outlined in the bylaws approved by the BoG, will be awarded voting rights. Clubs, which did not participate in any of the two tournaments or do not meet the requisite criteria, will get the voting rights after the second scrutiny. All clubs will have playing rights.

    The BoG approved the Election Regulations and proposed amendments to the domestic cricket bylaws, which are available on the PCB corporate website in Documents under PCB Model Constitutions.

    The BoG was informed that the PCB will help the First Boards to organise City Cricket Association tournaments from May end for both the senior and U19 players, which will help in team selections for the 2021-22 domestic season. Further details will be announced in due course.

    Name:  6e30385a-b1ba-4775-83df-2a5b6232bb2f.jpg
Views: 20143
Size:  202.5 KBName:  5fb302c5-8611-4e21-aa0e-70cea3c76103.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  181.0 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 28th February 2021 at 11:45.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,906
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Great news, now City and Club cricket is set to be revived under the remit of these six Associations.

    Don't know much about these administrators but hopefully they'll have been properly vetted.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,126
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Any news about School Cricket?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,906
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Any news about School Cricket?
    School cricket will fall under responsibility of the six associations. PCB are decentralising everything.

    City Cricket Tournaments should begin end of May - that'll be our feeder system for FC cricket.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,126
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    School cricket will fall under responsibility of the six associations. PCB are decentralising everything.

    City Cricket Tournaments should begin end of May - that'll be our feeder system for FC cricket.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully PCB will show some city/school matches on youtube as well.

  6. #6
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    229
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully PCB will show some city/school matches on youtube as well.
    Does anyone know how to register a club in Pakistan.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,906
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deems View Post
    Does anyone know how to register a club in Pakistan.
    Nadeem Khan explains it in the press conference. From first week of March there'll be an online registration process which'll be advertised in newspapers and social media, and only Club Presidents will be allowed to send applications.

    Applications will then be vetted by these Associations.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    260
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Saj

    Is it the same Javed Afridi who is among the members of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cricket Association? If yes then doesn't that count as a conflict of interest case as he runs Zalmi?

    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    First Boards of six Cricket Associations

    In line with Clause 16 of the PCB Constitution 2019, the BoG approved First Boards of the six Cricket Associations for a one-year term.

    During this period, the First Boards will carry out functions attributed to the management committees in the Model Constitutions for City Cricket and Cricket Associations, including managing and running day to day affairs, supervising the first registration of Cricket Clubs under each CCA as per applicable regulations/bylaws and monitoring and organising cricket events and activities within its jurisdiction.

    Each First Board comprises high-quality individuals with diverse expertise, excellent reputation and a proven record that the PCB firmly believes will play an integral role in smooth transition into the elected Cricket Associations.

    o Balochistan Cricket Association - Qaiser Khan Jamali (Chairman), Irfan Ahmad Awan, Munawar Khan Tareen, Murad Ismail, Nargis Hameedullah, Shah Dost, Syed Farid-ud-din and Zafarullah Jadgal (all members)

    o Central Punjab Cricket Association - Abdullah Khan Sumbal (Chairman), Ali Ahmad Khan, Amir Ilyas Butt, Arshad Ahmad Khan, Atif Naeem Rana, Babar Altaf Butt, Shahrez Abdullah Khan, Muhammad Umer and Sarfraz Ahmad Bajwa (all members)

    o Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cricket Association - Anwar Zeb Jan (Chairman), Aamir Nawab, Abdul Jaleel Khan, Fayyaz Ali Shah, Haris Bilal Afridi, Ikhlaq Ahmed Khan, Kabir Ahmed Khan, Muhammad Javed Afridi, Rozamin Khan and Shahid Khan Shinwari (all members)

    o Northern Cricket Association - Saleem Asghar Mian (Chairman), Abdus Sami, Asif Faridi, Mohammad Ayaz Butt, Nadeem Ahmed Abbasi, Col (retd) Naushad Ali, Raja M. Zia Ashraf and Tanveer Ahmed (all members)

    o Sindh Cricket Association - Imran Hussain (Chairman), Abdul Raqeeb, Aftab Baloch, Agha Jawaid Ahmed, Hadeel Obaid, Jamil A.Mughal, Lt Gen (retd) Javed Zia and Syed Farooq Hussain Shah (all members)

    o Southern Punjab Cricket Association - Muhammad Anees Khawaja (chairman), Ali Khan Tareen, Hassan Hussein Qureshi, Khalid Farooq, Shahid Ahmed Butt and Taimur Altaf Malik (all members)

    Club registrations and City Cricket Association events

    The BoG noted that the registration of clubs across Pakistan will commence next month, with further details to be shared in due course. However, when the registration process opens, only club Presidents will be able to register the cricket club and all details will be shared with the First Board for further verification and scrutiny.

    Clubs which participated in either 2017-18 or 2018-19 Fazal Mehmood club tournaments and fulfil the requisite criteria outlined in the bylaws approved by the BoG, will be awarded voting rights. Clubs, which did not participate in any of the two tournaments or do not meet the requisite criteria, will get the voting rights after the second scrutiny. All clubs will have playing rights.

    The BoG approved the Election Regulations and proposed amendments to the domestic cricket bylaws, which are available on the PCB corporate website in Documents under PCB Model Constitutions.

    The BoG was informed that the PCB will help the First Boards to organise City Cricket Association tournaments from May end for both the senior and U19 players, which will help in team selections for the 2021-22 domestic season. Further details will be announced in due course.

    Name:  6e30385a-b1ba-4775-83df-2a5b6232bb2f.jpg
Views: 20143
Size:  202.5 KBName:  5fb302c5-8611-4e21-aa0e-70cea3c76103.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  181.0 KB

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    825
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Masha Allah amazing news. Pakistan cricket on the way up Insha Allah.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    5,959
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Any news about School Cricket?
    Development of proper school cricket is a must to improve Pakistan cricket in the long run and to produce somewhat educated cricketers.

    Age fudging will also be discouraged if school cricketers are registered with their DOB in school record.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,906
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    @natkhat-shahzada Yes it's that Javed Afridi. Also CEO of Lahore Qalanders Atif Rana is in the Central Punjab committee.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    17,389
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very good news on club cricket and City cricket

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,067
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent news. Hopefully grassroots level cricket will be fully functional this year.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,067
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ali Tareen is there as well in Southern Punjab committee and has left his role/ownership at Multan Sultans to work at the grassroots level in the region. I think its good to have Atif Rana of Lahore Qalandars and Javed Afridi of Peshawar Zalmi in the boards of Central Punjab and KPK respectively as their franchises have worked on number of development programs and tournaments for last 6 years so their experience can definitely come in handy at this level.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    36,906
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Okay PCB haven't given us much information on these new Chairmen, but done a bit of digging:

    Balochistan Chairman - Qaiser Khan Jamali: UNESCO's provincial coordinator for Balochistan. Director of the Board of Directors of the Balochistan Rural Support Programme. Previously a member of PCB Board of Governors.

    Central Punjab Chairman - Abdullah Khan Sumbal: Worked in many roles in the Civil Service; Commissioner of Lahore Division.

    KPK Chairman - Anwar Zeb Jan: Not much info on him. LinkedIn profile suggests he used to be PCB's Regional GM of KPK between 2007-09 and is a Program Manager at a non-profit called RIPORT.

    Northern Chairman - Saleem Asghar Mian: Former bureaucrat and FC cricketer. Previosuly headed the Rawalpindi Division Cricket Association. Maybe @Major can give a background on him. Thank GOD no Shakeel Shaikh.

    Sindh Chairman - Imran Hussain: No info on him.

    Southern Punjab Chairman: Anees Muhammad Khawaja - Owner/Director of Mahmood Group.

    These men are now accountable for overseeing regional, city, club, and U19/U16 cricket in their respective areas in Pakistan. PCB must do proper oversight. If we don't have honest and upright administrators we're back to square one.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Finally Tauqir Zias mistake of completely centralizing everything in the PCB is being overturned

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to start the registration of cricket clubs across Pakistan in April.

    When the registration process opens, only club Presidents will be able to register the cricket club and all details will be shared with the First Board for further verification and scrutiny. Clubs which participated in either 2017-18 or 2018-19 Fazal Mehmood club tournaments and fulfils the requisite criteria outlined in the bylaws approved by the PCB BoG, will be awarded voting rights. Clubs, which did not participate in any of the two tournaments or do not meet the requisite criteria, will get the voting rights after the second scrutiny. All clubs will have playing rights.

    The PCB BoG approved the Election Regulations and proposed amendments to the domestic cricket bylaws, which are available on the PCB corporate website in Documents under PCB Model Constitutions.

    https://www.brecorder.com/news/40071...untry-in-april


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    PCB invites applications for clubs registration

    Lahore, 10th March 2021:

    The Pakistan Cricket Board today commenced the process for the registration of cricket clubs.

    The clubs can apply for registration through an online form till 24 March. The fee for the registration, which has been kept at PKR 5,000/-, can be deposited online at any branch of Faysal Bank or MCB Bank.

    Only the president of the club can apply for registration, holding a valid CNIC and a functional e-mail address of the club.

    Upon successful verification of the applications, the presidents will receive another online link on the registered e-mail address through which they will enter the remaining data relating to categories of membership and players. The clubs whose applications fail the verification process will also be notified with reasons.

    Hard copy of the club data will be submitted to the Chairperson of the First Board of relevant Cricket Association (CA) for further verification and scrutiny. The club registration will be confirmed after the scrutiny by a PCB-nominated inspection team.

    In the first phase only those clubs who have participated in either of the Fazal Mehmood club tournaments organized by the PCB in 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons and fulfil the requisite criteria, will be awarded voting rights. Remaining clubs will be considered for voting rights after the second scrutiny.

    There are three membership categories: Affiliate, Associate and Full, with the last two having voting rights for their respective City Cricket Associations.

    For any further information and assistance regarding the registration of cricket clubs, please call PCB helpline at 042-99030128 (from 9 A.M to 7 P.M)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    4,265
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    PCB invites applications for clubs registration

    Lahore, 10th March 2021:

    The Pakistan Cricket Board today commenced the process for the registration of cricket clubs.

    The clubs can apply for registration through an online form till 24 March. The fee for the registration, which has been kept at PKR 5,000/-, can be deposited online at any branch of Faysal Bank or MCB Bank.

    Only the president of the club can apply for registration, holding a valid CNIC and a functional e-mail address of the club.

    Upon successful verification of the applications, the presidents will receive another online link on the registered e-mail address through which they will enter the remaining data relating to categories of membership and players. The clubs whose applications fail the verification process will also be notified with reasons.

    Hard copy of the club data will be submitted to the Chairperson of the First Board of relevant Cricket Association (CA) for further verification and scrutiny. The club registration will be confirmed after the scrutiny by a PCB-nominated inspection team.

    In the first phase only those clubs who have participated in either of the Fazal Mehmood club tournaments organized by the PCB in 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons and fulfil the requisite criteria, will be awarded voting rights. Remaining clubs will be considered for voting rights after the second scrutiny.

    There are three membership categories: Affiliate, Associate and Full, with the last two having voting rights for their respective City Cricket Associations.

    For any further information and assistance regarding the registration of cricket clubs, please call PCB helpline at 042-99030128 (from 9 A.M to 7 P.M)
    Great news that the domestic structure is finally taking shape....is the city cricket tournament scheduled in the next 2 to 3 months?
    Also looking forward to school cricket and how they implement it
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th March 2021 at 11:04.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,047
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The registration for the trials of the senior and U19 teams of the 90 City Cricket Association teams will begin on Friday, 12 March. Players interested in registering themselves for the open trials can fill the form available here. The registration will close on 16 March 2021.

    The trials will begin from 18 March and the schedule will be announced in due course.

    The three coaching staffs of the six Cricket Associations – First XI, Second XI and U19 – will conduct the trials in their respective jurisdictions and each selected player should be a resident of the CCA they represent.

    For the senior sides, the players who participated in the 2020-21 domestic season will be available for selection for their CCAs, as per their availability, while the remaining spots will be filled through trials.

    Those teenage cricketers who are born on or after 1 September 2002 and before 1 September 2006 are eligible for the trials, while the U19 players who participated in the National U19 One-Day and Three-Day tournaments in the recently-concluded season will also be available for selection.

    The senior CCA teams will feature in two tournaments – two-day and T20 – while the U19 sides will play 50-over competitions ahead of the 2021-22 domestic season, which will provide them an opportunity to lay a claim in their CA sides.


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)


  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,107
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1612168/mo...to-be-returned

    Director National High Performance Centre Nadeem Khan on Friday announced that the entire amount which the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will receive for clubs’ registration and from the candidates interested in contesting the elections of club and city associations will be returned to their respective club and city associations as soon as the new bodies were formed.

    Speaking at a hurriedly-called press conference, Nadeem said as no city or club bodies had been functional for the last two years, the PCB would get the entire amount to be transferred to the city associations after the completion of their elections.

    He said the PCB would not take any money from clubs, adding it was not correct to say that the Board would earn tens of million of rupees from them.

    “All the past and present cricketers are the products of clubs and the PCB plans to further promote cricket at the nursery level,” Nadeem insisted.

    He, however, admitted that the registration fees of the clubs had been raised from Rs2,500 to Rs5,000 and annual subscriptions fee of Rs1,500 to Rs5,000 for the affiliate clubs and Rs7,500 is fixed for the associate and Rs20,000 for the full members club. Nadeem said the increase had been made after six years which he said was not a big amount.

    All clubs irrespective of their category would have one vote, the official added.

    To a question, Nadeem said the decision that all the amount collected through the registration of clubs and their elections would go back to the respective city associations could not be announced and due to this the ambiguity emerged that the PCB would get richer by tens of millions of rupees through club cricket fees.

    It may be mentioned here that due to this uncertainty, former Test cricketer and selector Shafqat Rana has decided to close down his club in Lahore as he did not want to put further financial burden either on his club cricketers or on himself.

    For the first time, Nadeem said, the PCB formed three categories of the club namely Full, Associate and Affiliate members. He said it would be optional for a club to join any category after completing the terms. He claimed that as he had himself been running clubs and academy he knew it was not a big financial burden on the club. However, he admitted there was a dearth of cricket grounds in the country, particularly in Lahore.

    To a question about the status of the LCCA ground, Nadeem said the PCB did nothing to get its control because it was an action of the Lahore City government to take it back as no elected body was controlling it.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Cricketers and some club organisers including former Test cricketer Shafqat Rana and Azhar Zaidi have expressed their reservations over the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) plan of increasing the expenditure budget of the clubs organisers under its new constitution of 2019.

    Shafqat in his earlier statement had said that he would close down his club in protest against PCB’s new policy for the clubs. In response to that, PCB’s Director of National High Performance Centre Nadeem Khan tried to clarify on Friday in a presser by saying that the PCB would not earn a single rupee from the club organisers as all the funds (approximately around Rs 23 crores) to be collected through the club registration and by holding elections of the clubs, will be returned back to the respective city cricket association which are yet to be formed.

    However, Shafqat commenting on Nadeem’s response, said on Saturday: “They (PCB) must not charge club cricket. They should leave it up to the City Associations to charge them or not charge them at all and the PCB must withdraw these heavy registration fees and any other charges from an interested candidate contesting the elections of the club.”

    He said the PCB, after keeping the grassroots cricket (club, city, regional, departmental) unattended for the last two years, had already damaged it and now its new model constitution for the clubs would further damage it.

    Azhar Zaidi, head of P&T Gymkhana Club and a prominent cricket organiser, said that club cricket is the real nursery at the grassroots level and has produced many star cricketers for Pakistan team.

    “I have been associated with club cricket for the last 50 years. Any cricketer, who appears in any trials at the PCB or at any other level, is trained by clubs. So it is the basic unit. Many cricketers who are sitting in the PCB have also been produced by one club or another.

    “I am running P&T Gymkhana and anybody is most welcome to go and ask the boys what I am charging from them. We are serving the cricketers with no interest and producing the players for the PCB,” he argued.

    “A few days ago, I met Nadeem Khan and asked him that since he knows everything about the importance of club cricket, it should be promoted. Yes, the PCB can surely point out the bogus clubs in business and those who are charging players extra money and ban them, but it should also help out generously those who are serving Pakistan cricket without personal interest,” he said.

    “Every club pays from its own to book ground, provide lunch and to bear other expenses for playing any match or to run the nets so the expenditures are raising every day and the PCB should come out with a suitable policy to reduce the burden on the club cricket,” Azhar said.

    Hafiz Shahbaz, the organiser of Gold Star Club, said the shutdown on club cricket for the last two years had already caused a great deal of damage to cricket as many cricketers have not returned to join the club. “The PCB should provide maximum facilities to club cricketers,” said Hafiz. “It is a simple theory that if the expenditure of a club increases the organiser either will increase the burden on cricketers or he will go to search for a short-cut, which will damage the cricket.”

    Moreover, many club cricketers namely Kashif Ali, Ali Hussain, M Navid, Mir Saeed and Tayyab Tahir also expressed their reservations over the new policy of the PCB about club cricket and said the Board should come out with a generous plan to help out clubs as already two years had been wasted of the club cricket.

    They said since many cricketers had also lost their jobs in different departments after the PCB disaffiliated them, the game now had less attraction for cricketers.

    Published in Dawn, March 14th, 2021


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board on Wednesday announced the schedule for the senior and U19 City Cricket Association trials in Balochistan and Sindh.

    The trials will commence from 20 March and will be conducted by the Cricket Association coaches and appointed members of the junior selection committee.

    The players are required to report for the trials at 8am in white-coloured clothing. The trials will run from 9am till 6pm.

    Following the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab’s provincial governments’ decision to halt sporting activities, the schedule for the trials in the remaining four CAs (Central Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Northern and Southern Punjab) will be announced at a later stage.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,107
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://arysports.tv/central-punjab-...-zones-lahore/

    Central Punjab (CP)’s First Board has demanded six cricket zones in the city to create more opportunities for youngsters.

    In its first meeting since appointment, the First Board has suggested Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on different matters. The members think that an increase in the number of zones will help in creating more opportunities for youngsters.

    “In light of Lahore’s population, there must be at least six cricket zones in the city. To promote club cricket in Lahore, there is a dire need to increase cricket zones,” the members demanded.

    On the other hand, First Board members asked PCB to review clubs’ registration fees. Remember, PCB

    Central Punjab Cricket Association – Abdullah Khan Sumbal (Chairman), Ali Ahmad Khan, Amir Ilyas Butt, Arshad Ahmad Khan, Atif Naeem Rana, Babar Altaf Butt, Shahrez Abdullah Khan, Muhammad Umer and Sarfraz Ahmad Bajwa (all members)

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    7,047
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over 1,300 clubs apply for registration

    • 862 applications submitted online in the past four days; with two days still remaining, PCB extends deadline till 8 April on the request of club owners

    Lahore, 22 March 2021:

    With still two days remaining and following a positive and encouraging response from the club owners for the registration of their clubs, the Pakistan Cricket Board has agreed to extend the deadline for club registration to Thursday, 8 April.

    Since the start of the two-week online registration process on 10 March, the PCB has received over 1,362 applications, which are presently being reviewed by the PCB. In the next phase of the registration process, the successful club presidents will receive another online link on their registered email address through which they will be able to submit further information relating to membership and players categories.

    The decision to extend the deadline has been taken following requests from a large number of club owners, who are in the process of completing their requirements, as well as on the basis that in the past four days 862 applications have been received online.

    This sizeable number of applications submitted in the past four days is attributed to the PCB officials’ meetings with various club delegations from different parts of the country. In these meetings, the club owners sought clarity and explanation on the first registration process as well as some articles of the model constitution.


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    21,067
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see so many clubs registering. Hopefully a thorough review process is carried out before approving them as dont need clubs only in papers without any physical presence which happened in previous structures.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The 62nd meeting of the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Board of Governors (BoG), the second meeting of the year, will be held online on Saturday afternoon in order to safeguard the health and safety of members as well as the PCB Management due to the rising COVID-19 cases. Some of the matters that will be discussed at the virtual session are:

    i) Chairman and CEO’s reports
    ii) Audit Committee’s report
    iii) Updates from the Human Resource & Remuneration, Risk Management and Commercial Affairs Committees
    iv) Discussion on Model Constitution of Cricket Clubs
    v) Any other item(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    22 per cent rise in club registration as process ends

    Lahore, 9 April 2021:

    The club registration process concluded on Thursday with the Pakistan Cricket Board receiving an unprecedented and overwhelming response from the passionate club cricket owners.

    Just before the new constitution came into effect in August 2019, 3,115 clubs were registered with the PCB. However, following amendments to the model constitutions as well as the introduction of club affiliation and operational rules, the PCB has received 3,807 applications, which reflects an increase by 22 per cent.

    The club registration process had commenced on 10 March and by 22 March, the PCB had received 1,362 applications. This means in the past 17 days, 2,445 more clubs have showed their support and confidence in the PCB by applying for registration.

    The maximum number of applications have been received for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cricket Association which stand at 845. The breakdown of the other five Cricket Associations is Balochistan (502), Central Punjab (774), Northern (486), Sindh (676) and Southern Punjab (524).

    Amongst the City Cricket Associations, Karachi being the major centre has brought forward 231 – the most – applications, while 222 have been received from Lahore.

    In Central Punjab, over 100 applications have been received from Faisalabad. The PCB has gotten 94 applications from Sindh’s Hyderabad and 87 from Northern’s Rawalpindi, while 82 and 83 applications have come from Balochistan’s Quetta and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Bannu, respectively. Sixty-one applications have been received from Southern Punjab’s Bahawalnagar.

    Following the conclusion of the first step, the successful applicant club presidents will receive an online link on their registered email address for submission of further information relating to membership and players categories.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2021
    Runs
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea whether all city cricket association players will be paid

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Model Constitution for Clubs

    The BoG, in an effort to encourage, incentivise and recognise individuals supporting their clubs and following feedback from the relevant stakeholders, approved the following two amendments to the Model Constitution for Cricket Clubs:

    • Article 8.2(e) has been deleted. Article 8.2(e) read as: “is not an incumbent office bearer of any political party, elected representative, Minister, Senator, MNA, MPA, MLA, Nazim, Naib Nazim, Councilor, a person who has contested general and/or local body elections in the last three years or draws financial or material support from any political, Religious, Ethnic or Sectarian party. In case any Office Bearer violates the provisions of this Article during his tenure, he will stand disqualified or shall be de-notified forthwith”

    • Article 8.4 has been modified to read as: “The term of an Office Bearer shall be two years. Provided that the tenures of Office Bearers of the Club shall be calculated from the date that the election is notified under this Constitution.”

    The BoG was informed 3,807 applications were received, which was a 22 per cent increase on club registrations prior to the inception of the new domestic cricket structure in August 2019. The scrutiny phase and next opportunity for the clubs to register will be available later this year.

    The BoG was also updated on the progress made in operationalising the six Cricket Associations. The PCB has now received applications for Cricket Association chief executives and shortlisted candidates will subsequently be interviewed later this month before formal appointments are made. After the chief executives have been appointed, the recruitment process for General Manager - Cricket Operations and Manager - Accounts will commence.

    In the very near future, the PCB will be inviting applications for City Cricket Association head coaches, which will open up employment opportunities for, at least, 90 former cricketers.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Islamabad: The National Assembly Standing Committee on InterProvincial Coordination (IPC) has voiced its protest on the absence of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ehsan Mani.

    PCB Chairman has failed to present himself various times in the past too. The committee, under the chairmanship of Agha Hassan Baloch, has warned Ehsan Mani of action if he doesn’t appear before the committee next time.

    PCB official present in the meeting said that the chairman has returned to Pakistan from the UK and is under quarantine. He can attend the meeting virtually.

    Agha opined that the members who came to the meeting also have precious lives. COVID-19 has affected all of them.

    PCB official added that the fact-finding report, highlighting flaws of Pakistan Super League (PSL) season six’s bio-secure bubble has been sent to the chairman. Chairman PCB will take a decision after reviewing the report.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The Members of the National and Provincial Assemblies (MNAs/MPAs) and councilors can now contest in club elections, as per the official mandate circulated by the Governing Board of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

    The previous regulation pertaining to the policy update has been terminated, and political figures are now permitted to be elected as the presidents and treasurers of clubs. However, the restrictions that prohibit government workers from becoming club officials will remain.

    The PCB has also modified Article 8.4 of its Model Constitution. The article had previously allowed office bearers to be elected for two consecutive tenures and not be eligible for re-election unless there is a “lapse of one term of two years from the expiry of the second tenure”.

    The revised article reads:

    The term of an Office Bearer shall be two years. Provided that the tenures of the Office Bearers of the Club shall be calculated from the date that the election is notified under this Constitution.

    Besides this policy change, reports suggest that the PCB had succumbed to political pressure and revised its policies for influential assurances. If this is true, then the ordinary candidates who wish to join the PCB hierarchy in the future may not be able to match the competition.

    https://propakistani.pk/2021/04/12/c...ricket-system/


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •