3 more players test positive for COVID-19 in PSL 6 [Post#73]

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reckon this is reckless behaviour by the PCB, the other players will likely not show any symptoms for a few days. The whole squad should be in quarantine for at least a week lest the whole tournament is jeopardized.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    A player from one of the sides featuring in this evening’s match has tested positive. The player had showed symptoms two days ago and had been immediately isolated.

Members of his side have tested negative while the players of the other side are being tested.

Match start time to be confirmed shortly.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The Event Technical Committee of the HBL Pakistan Super League 6 has decided to reschedule Quetta Gladiators-Islamabad United match for Tuesday, 2 March, at 7pm Pakistan Standard Time.

The decision has been made despite both the sides returning negative tests on late Monday afternoon after Fawad Ahmed of Islamabad United’s test result came back positive earlier today. Fawad was put in isolation late Saturday night. He will re-enter the bio-secure bubble after two negative tests.

The decision to reschedule the match has been made after a careful consideration, aimed at allowing players sufficient time to relax, refocus and regroup following the testing and in the best interest of the competition.

While all squad members of Quetta Gladiators and Islamabad United have tested negative, players and player support personnel of the four remaining sides and the match officials will undergo rapid tests on Monday evening.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Not sure if rapid tests would be enough - all people who shook hands with Fawad during that match with PZ will need better testing for sure.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sad but these things are expected to happen, why can't all the players be vaccinated so that they can come out of this bio secure bubble thing?

If the world is expecting COVID to get eradicated from the planet before normalcy returns, then that may never happen.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I just hope all the protocols are being adhered to.

At times it seems like it's quite relaxed out there. In fact the other day a couple of the guys they were interviewing were saying they had been high-fiving some of the players.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    Sad but these things are expected to happen, why can't all the players be vaccinated so that they can come out of this bio secure bubble thing?

If the world is expecting COVID to get eradicated from the planet before normalcy returns, then that may never happen.
    The players are not in danger as they are young and fit, its the general spread which is the issue. What if an older audience member dies? And vaccinated people can still spread it

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    The players are not in danger as they are young and fit, its the general spread which is the issue. What if an older audience member dies? And vaccinated people can still spread it
    Several very athletic people have been put out of action for months due to the lasting effects of Covid. Just because they won't die from it doesn't mean it won't cause them any issues

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I just hope all the protocols are being adhered to.

At times it seems like it's quite relaxed out there. In fact the other day a couple of the guys they were interviewing were saying they had been high-fiving some of the players.
    Clearly not - there is no way a player could get Covid in a bio secure bubble

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Post Covid fatigue and myalgias last for weeks and is quite debilitating regardless of whether one became symptomatic or not or if one was young or old.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Said the 50% crowd limit was a careless and poor move.
    Bubbles need to be strict otherwise they aren't bubbles.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Post Covid fatigue and myalgias last for weeks and is quite debilitating regardless of whether one became symptomatic or not or if one was young or old.
    Several cricketers have got it so far and none have demonstrated these issues

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Several cricketers have got it so far and none have demonstrated these issues
    Because they quarantine for 2 weeks once testing positive. And post covid symptoms vary in presentation and severity just like the actual disease. Dont think i have seen a cricketer slotting straight back into the team after testing positive.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I know people sitting at home who have got Covid. People need to realize that such is the nature of the pandemic, that even if you are a hundred percent careful i.e. you double mask, use your handsantizer 24/7, clean your hands, maintain social distancing, take showers frequently, you have to be prepared to get it.

When i was in Pakistan in Nov Dec 2020, i was sick and bedridden for a week where i lost my taste and couldn't eat anything, i had 3 PCR Covid tests, 2 from AKU and 1 from JPMC at home, all of them turned out to be negative but i suspect that i might have had a false negative all 3 times.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pure mismanagement from PCB. For such a high profile tournament generating revenue for them, the Bio Secure Bubble must be treated seriously and enforced.
    We did not see any such incidents in IPL.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What in the world. How can this even happen? What kind of controls do the franchise have to enforce players stay in the bubble? Islamabad United should be held accountable for this...there is no way this should have happened.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think there’s a real bubble. Against SA I recall seeing pictures of kids with the players along with family members. I doubt players had their families confined to the hotel for so long. The commentators were out and about eating at retardants. Also recently saw players out golfing. Clearly this is not being taken seriously.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Thank you Wasim Khan. Yet another terrific display of competent leadership and management.

What will we do without you.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    How did he got covid inside a BSE? That too almost a week after the tournament has started.

Its impossible.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fawad has been mingling with other players in the tournament. The potential ramifications of this result are very bad. Hopefully we can go on without much troubles. Prayers for Fawad to recover quickly!

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    How did he got covid inside a BSE? That too almost a week after the tournament has started.

Its impossible.
    It's possible that the protocols were breached somewhere somehow unknowingly. They're after all humans. The match is going on today anyway. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators match postponed after Fawad Ahmed tests positive for COVID-19

The PCB should know that any security isolation breach from any of the players could put the whole tournament in danger. Very negligent on the part of the players and also the authorities. I´m disappointed, to be honest.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators match postponed after Fawad Ahmed tests positive for COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Fawad has been mingling with other players in the tournament. The potential ramifications of this result are very bad. Hopefully we can go on without much troubles. Prayers for Fawad to recover quickly!
    Exactly what I was thinking about yesterday! What if the virus has already spread to the players of other teams as well, God forbid?

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's possible that the protocols were breached somewhere somehow unknowingly. They're after all humans. The match is going on today anyway. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.
    Unknowingly? Zalmi have been openly breaking protocols throughout and Wasim Khan is too much of a puppet to stop it

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard 3 more have tested positive

50% crowd allowed nice

And Fawad Ahmed legendary reincarnation of Shane warne was responsible for breach why was he added replacement by IU in the first place.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would like to see the games go ahead, we cannot allow covid to control our lives anymore, enough is enough.

Things can happen, even if a ball goes for a six into the crowd, there is a chance of it getting infected. Protocols and bubble can only do so much.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The breach has to be plugged. If this spreads, it will push not only pakistan but world cricket back by months.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

This is all very good and cute but are Salman Iqbal and Javaid Afridi sticking to the bubble. What about players wives?

What about Mahira Khan?

PCB is on the verge of making themselves look a laughing stock here

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This does not look good. PCB should enforce stricter protocols. Can't afford any lapses!

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    I would like to see the games go ahead, we cannot allow covid to control our lives anymore, enough is enough.

Things can happen, even if a ball goes for a six into the crowd, there is a chance of it getting infected. Protocols and bubble can only do so much.
    So you want thousands of old people to die and economy to go back into ruins just to watch some more cricket? At every point in this crisis, things got worse because people were lax and not strict enough. If we had been strict from beginning, the crisis would have been lot more controlled

P.S. - the protocol for six going into the crowd, is that the ball is sanitized by the umpires, before being used again

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We have seen players shaking hands with people from outside the bubble. We know players like Sammy, met the owners who came from outside the bubble. The web cricket series actors openly said on camera, during a match, that they had high fived players. I dont think these things were done unknowingly, the bubble was just not that strictly followed, thats all

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    We have seen players shaking hands with people from outside the bubble. We know players like Sammy, met the owners who came from outside the bubble. The web cricket series actors openly said on camera, during a match, that they had high fived players. I dont think these things were done unknowingly, the bubble was just not that strictly followed, thats all
    If players were allowed to mingle with outsiders, then there is no bubble.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Make it behind closed doors now or risk postponing the tournament again.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This should be the end of the tournament, atleast for a while. 3 positive now could easily be 15 in a few more days if the virus is circulating in the teams. Isolating those showing symtoms alone does absolutely nothing. They will be noninfectious in a few days as it is (the period when a person is most infectious is from a couple of days before the symptoms show up to a few days after. After that your systems has gotten rid of most of the virus for it to be infectious).

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    607 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Make it behind closed doors now or risk postponing the tournament again.
    Won't work. It's not the crowd that had someone infected, though who knows that's going on there. It's members of teams and support staff. The only solution is to isolate everyone for two weeks and move on from there.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket must move on, this bubbles secure is affecting players mentally and physically. You cant control this virus, all you can do is to do your best to prevent it. Isolate the player who is test positive and do tests on them until they are cleared from it.

Cricket must move on, we cant stop this anymore, we have financially suffering due to COVID. We have to live this now.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    Won't work. It's not the crowd that had someone infected, though who knows that's going on there. It's members of teams and support staff. The only solution is to isolate everyone for two weeks and move on from there.
    I change my mind, keep the tournament going as is. Covid positive tests are not uncommon in all sports, cricket is not the first one to come out with covid positive tests. I mean it's happened in tennis, boxing, mma etc you can't avoid or run away from covid all you can do is do your best and to be truthfully honest Pakistan has done a great job. I mean we had the national t20 league, QeA and various international tours (i.e. SA, SL, Bang, Zim) and did we hear of any positive tests? It's a matter of kismet, if it's in your kismet you are going to return positive then you return positive but you can't just halt a league over this. Unless we have a massive outbreak and lots of stars are sick then fully postpone the tournament otherwise a handful of positive tests is not a valid enough reason to fully postpone a tournament.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I change my mind, keep the tournament going as is. Covid positive tests are not uncommon in all sports, cricket is not the first one to come out with covid positive tests. I mean it's happened in tennis, boxing, mma etc you can't avoid or run away from covid all you can do is do your best and to be truthfully honest Pakistan has done a great job. I mean we had the national t20 league, QeA and various international tours (i.e. SA, SL, Bang, Zim) and did we hear of any positive tests? It's a matter of kismet, if it's in your kismet you are going to return positive then you return positive but you can't just halt a league over this. Unless we have a massive outbreak and lots of stars are sick then fully postpone the tournament otherwise a handful of positive tests is not a valid enough reason to fully postpone a tournament.
    It will be stupidity at his best if tournament is cancelled. ICC are interfering now and possibly calling to call off the tournament, there are talks of this right now.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    It will be stupidity at his best if tournament is cancelled. ICC are interfering now and possibly calling to call off the tournament, there are talks of this right now.
    Source for ICC interfering? I dont think PSL comes under ICC

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Dont know if I've heard anything plus ICC has no jurisdiction with this as it's not an ICC tournament.

This is our new norm, covid positive tests are what they are. I mean IPL had positive tests as well but did they just cancel? It's non sensical to cancel over this.

Debut
    Sep 2020
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened because of breach in bio security bubble, I came to know that hotel staff and ground staff are not part of the bubble also some food is order from outside,
    Even the families of the some player meet them without completing quarantine.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dont know if I've heard anything plus ICC has no jurisdiction with this as it's not an ICC tournament.

This is our new norm, covid positive tests are what they are. I mean IPL had positive tests as well but did they just cancel? It's non sensical to cancel over this.
    IPL had the positive test which came from outside during travel (just like Pakistan had in New Zealand). Once in the bubble, the bubble was not broken and no new positives came

However, you are right, canceling will be too extreme

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    Unknowingly? Zalmi have been openly breaking protocols throughout and Wasim Khan is too much of a puppet to stop it
    You are 100% correct. Peshawar Zalmi are not following the SOPs and the brand ambassadors are regularly interacting with the players and are moving around outside the biosecure bubble.

Wasim “incompetent” Khan is a gift that keeps on giving.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    244 PCR tests in a day or two is good, not to forget there are tests done for the ground staff, PCB and security personnel as well. In the current day world there are many sporting leagues and events that have had cases (Australian open, NFL, Formula 1, premier leagues etc) so 3 positive cases throughout such a big event is not something unexpected.

However, that being said obviously better precautions need to be placed for rest of the tournament.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IPL had the positive test which came from outside during travel (just like Pakistan had in New Zealand). Once in the bubble, the bubble was not broken and no new positives came

However, you are right, canceling will be too extreme
    Yep, look there's nothing that can be done about it. I mean it's hard not to mingle and to be honest people would go nuts inside a hotel room all day, I mean covid shouldn't stop you from having a life. Can we honestly say we wouldn't go nuts sitting in a hotel room all day? I honestly want the foreign players to enjoy themselves while there and sitting in a hotel room all day isn't my idea of fun and hospitality.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You are 100% correct. Peshawar Zalmi are not following the SOPs and the brand ambassadors are regularly interacting with the players and are moving around outside the biosecure bubble.

Wasim “incompetent” Khan is a gift that keeps on giving.
    So why haven’t you stopped supporting Zalmi yet? First they rope in your favourite actress from your favourite show as their brand ambassador, then they appoint your favourite bowler as captain and to top it all off they are irresponsible when it comes to COVID.

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always funny to see people so worried in these threads when they know everything will be back to normal in 48 hours, overdramatic for no reason.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    So why haven’t you stopped supporting Zalmi yet? First they rope in your favourite actress from your favourite show as their brand ambassador, then they appoint your favourite bowler as captain and to top it all off they are irresponsible when it comes to COVID.
    I am from Peshawar. Which team should I support and on what basis?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    And I don’t blame Zalmi for what they have done. It is the job of PCB to ensure that franchises are following the SOPs.

PCB needed to ensure that brand ambassadors are not allowed to mingle with the players and the staff during this particular edition, because you cannot restrict them to the biosecure bubble.

It is gross mismanagement by the most incompetent and clueless PCB administration ever. They are all talk and no show.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am from Peshawar. Which team should I support and on what basis?
    I never understood the logic of supporting teams based on the city in their name but that’s just me. Maybe that’s why I can’t enjoy domestic franchise sports to the fullest. I have no real team to back in the PSL so I just support who I feel like supporting on the day

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This is absolutely true, I mentioned this in the other thread about whether Covid would affect PSL. As a keen follower of English football leagues and MMA, I know for a fact that there are covid cases springing up regularly, what the sports organisations affected do is try to contain it as best they can, make the necessary adjustments and carry on. Of course, I expect the usual wrist slitters to be out in force in this thread calling for the end of all sport in Pakistan. Wouldn't be PP if it wasn't the case.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    This is absolutely true, I mentioned this in the other thread about whether Covid would affect PSL. As a keen follower of English football leagues and MMA, I know for a fact that there are covid cases springing up regularly, what the sports organisations affected do is try to contain it as best they can, make the necessary adjustments and carry on. Of course, I expect the usual wrist slitters to be out in force in this thread calling for the end of all sport in Pakistan. Wouldn't be PP if it wasn't the case.
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Nobody had said covid is avoidable or you cant get it.

The point is to hold a tournament you need a biosecure bubble and some consistency in rules- not a free for all with no rules whatsoever.
    The reputation and integrity of the league is at stake

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I don’t blame Zalmi for what they have done. It is the job of PCB to ensure that franchises are following the SOPs.

PCB needed to ensure that brand ambassadors are not allowed to mingle with the players and the staff during this particular edition, because you cannot restrict them to the biosecure bubble.

It is gross mismanagement by the most incompetent and clueless PCB administration ever. They are all talk and no show.
    Really stupid comment from you. The onus is on every individual and franchise to make sure the bubble is secure. Waseem Khan cannot “danda” 6 teams and their support staff and dumb ambassadors to follow SOPs. You can dislike Wasim Khan without blaming him for everything.
    Last edited by Firebat; 2nd March 2021 at 20:10.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Really stupid comment from you. The onus is on every individual and franchise to make sure the bubble is secure. Waseem Khan cannot “danda” 6 teams and their support staff and dumb ambassadors to follow SOPs. You can dislike Wasim Khan without blaming him for everything.
    No it is not. Blaming people is easy but the management need to take responsibility.

It is human nature to not follow guidelines. There will always be breaches of SOPs when you don’t regulate behavior.

Forget celebrities - I have seen doctors break protocols when there is no one to keep a check on them.

PCB should have had the common sense to bar brand ambassadors and other celebrities from mingling with the players in this edition because these celebrities are not part of the biosecure bubble.
    Last edited by Firebat; 2nd March 2021 at 20:11.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Nobody had said covid is avoidable or you cant get it.

The point is to hold a tournament you need a biosecure bubble and some consistency in rules- not a free for all with no rules whatsoever.
    The reputation and integrity of the league is at stake
    It's one thing to have a biosecure bubble, another to ensure everyone sticks to the rules. If there was a free for all with no rules whatsoever, why are we even talking about a biosecure bubble? Are you saying there were no precautions put in place at all to safeguard the players and officials?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's one thing to have a biosecure bubble, another to ensure everyone sticks to the rules. If there was a free for all with no rules whatsoever, why are we even talking about a biosecure bubble? Are you saying there were no precautions put in place at all to safeguard the players and officials?
    Why don’t you tell me?

It’s fairly evident that actors actresses you tubers and team owners are mingling with the players as and when they like.

If a team violates the bubble and a quarantine is enforced- they can threaten to refuse to play and the PCB will back down.

There is no bubble

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, big fan of my boxing and MMA. I still remember Povetkin returning positive days before a fight along with Leon Edwards who was scheduled to fight Chimaiev. Can't control destiny, kind of like that movie Final Destination "You can't escape/cheat death" or in this case escape covid.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can't put others' lives at risk just because you're a cricketer or an elite businessman or whatever.

PSL's medical panel (if it actually exists) has been catering to the franchises and it's going to put thousands of people at risk. Talk about spineless management.

Whoever has knowingly breached the bubble under PSL/PCB contract should be reprimanded and fined.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can't put others' lives at risk just because you're a cricketer or an elite businessman or whatever.

PSL's medical panel (if it actually exists) has been catering to the franchises and it's going to put thousands of people at risk. Talk about spineless management.

Whoever has knowingly breached the bubble under PSL/PCB contract should be reprimanded and fined.
    You can't control it and to be honest this our new norm.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing a lot of brainless comments here. Let’s be honest...Pakistanis are really not taking this pandemic seriously. This is clearly evident by how things are everywhere in the country. People I know there are attending weddings, out in the bazaars, and masks are not even mandatory. How do you expect players and businessman to not enjoy the “party” that is the PSL. Here in the US we’ve been working from home for the last year and I haven’t met anyone outside of my immediate family.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Worrying that some feel that positive tests were inevitable and are acceptable.

It seems that the bubbles are pretty relaxed, with people moving within the bubbles.

It's a recipe for disaster if things are not tightened up.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Worrying that some feel that positive tests were inevitable and are acceptable.

It seems that the bubbles are pretty relaxed, with people moving within the bubbles.

It's a recipe for disaster if things are not tightened up.
    For things to be tight, PCB has to be strict with the franchisees and not bow down to pressure. Possible?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No it's not. If you follow the proper protocols, you won't be infected. A virus isn't going to start replicating where it doesn't exist. The 50% crowd is also a recipe for disaster.

There hasn't really been any positive case where strict protocols are followed especially in international cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No it's not. If you follow the proper protocols, you won't be infected. A virus isn't going to start replicating where it doesn't exist. The 50% crowd is also a recipe for disaster.

There hasn't really been any positive case where strict protocols are followed especially in international cricket.
    How many positive covid tests came out of our domestic season, along with the intl teams that visited us in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh? This is not anything that is different and we certainly aren't the first nor the last cricketing nation to have a positive test come out or series of positive results come out. If you get covid you get covid it's unavoidable and all you can do is employ the rules as best you can which Pakistan did during the home series tours recently along with our domestic season, perhaps we can argue that brining in the crowd at this stage isn't the wisest decision.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Atleast PCB could have stood with their decision not to allow Wahab and Sammy to be part of the first game. or was it also asking too much?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Australia and New Zealand have shown you can 100% control it. But life is cheap in the subcontinent and unprofessionalism is taken for granted.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia and New Zealand have shown you can 100% control it. But life is cheap in the subcontinent and unprofessionalism is taken for granted.
    When the daily life in subcontinent is more dangerous than a virus with survival rate of 99.99% , ofcourse peoople will take their chances.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it's not gonna be covid it'll be our outside food that will give you an upset stomach lol.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Media reports

In the remaining matches of HBL PSL 6, it has been suggested to keep the owners away from the ground.

According to the current practice, ten members of both teams participating in the match are allowed to sit in a certain place outside the boundary line. If franchises want they can make new cards before every match but the same number of cards have to be returned.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Cricket Board has confirmed three more players from two different teams have tested positive for Covid-19 and they will now self-isolate for 10 days. The three players were not part of the sides that featured in Wednesday’s HBL Pakistan Super League 6 double-header, and had been tested in the afternoon after showing symptoms.

The HBL PSL 6 organising committee will hold a virtual meeting with the team owners and managements later on Thursday, following which a further update will be provided.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Cricket Board has confirmed three more players from two different teams have tested positive for Covid-19 and they will now self-isolate for 10 days. The three players were not part of the sides that featured in Wednesday’s HBL Pakistan Super League 6 double-header, and had been tested in the afternoon after showing symptoms.

The HBL PSL 6 organising committee will hold a virtual meeting with the team owners and managements later on Thursday, following which a further update will be provided.
    So total 4?

Debut
    Sep 2020
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So total 4?
    I think total 7 now. Any news on which 3 new players got infected

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Great job, PCB.

Congratulations to Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani. Exemplary leadership once again.

Debut
    Sep 2020
    Venue
    Dubai, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think pcb needs to postponed matches for 2 weeks to make sure there isn't any more cases in the bubble.
    But i feel foreign player may not decide to stay longer. Its very difficult situation the psl team got them in, They should have been strict.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcapri View Post
    I think pcb needs to postponed matches for 2 weeks to make sure there isn't any more cases in the bubble.
    But i feel foreign player may not decide to stay longer. Its very difficult situation the psl team got them in, They should have been strict.
    PCB needs to put a circuit breaker. We in Melbourne went for a 5 day lockdown due to 3 new cases.
    Just take all players and support staff into a grand big hotel space and quarantine them for 2 weeks.
    But it is a difficult situation to manage. Lets hope they come up with a solution, else if more cases come this tournament will be doomed and bring a bad name to Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bubble has burst. This is highest level incompentcy by PCB

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job, PCB.

Congratulations to Wasim Khan and Ehsan Mani. Exemplary leadership once again.
    Agree. They should have been really strict. I question Wasim Khan's management credentials now.
    Or no one is listening to him.