Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

India will be phony Test Champions without beating Pakistan

The test championhsip is a league format ending with a final.

Imagine Man Utd not wanting to play Liverpool and wining the the Premier League, they would be laughed at, ridiculed and rightly called phony champions.

India should not even be in the final, as refusal to play Pakistan should have resluted in points docked. Even if they win it now, they will be phony test champions.

The whole thing is a farce due to India not playing Pakistan.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd be careful of calling them phonies, they've done better than us away and frankly the best Asian away team I know. I mean how many away series have we won in Australia or South Africa?

Teams have no problem playing each other, the problem lies with both of our nations which tend to constantly bring in politics into sports. It's not as if we don't want to play each other but a fact that political tensions between both nations is ruining Pakistan-India cricket and robbing the younger generation of some good cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bold thread title but it is 100% correct.

Test champions by refusing to play one country?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that Pakistan isn't Liverpool at the moment by any stretch of the imagination. More like Wolves or Southampton.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Except that Pakistan isn't Liverpool at the moment by any stretch of the imagination. More like Wolves or Southampton.
    Peer jee. We will beat all of SENA in Pakistan. And that’s the bottom line.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if Pakistan wins the next Test championship without playing India, would they be phony Test champions too or does this only work the other way round?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And if Pakistan wins the next Test championship without playing India, would they be phony Test champions too or does this only work the other way round?
    They will be real champions because they are not the ones declining to play

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Peer jee. We will beat all of SENA in Pakistan. And that’s the bottom line.
    Eng / Australia / NZ will smash Pakistan in Pakistan. The wickets here are not low and slow at all. All of these teams will enjoy these batting tracks. Pakistan would struggle to pick 20 wickets against them. So no, Pakistan will not beat SENA in Pakistan. Maybe an odd match here and there. But not the series.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I read the title my instant reaction was "they would thrash us anyways what difference would it make"

However, I completely agree with the notion that you can not pick and choose who to play.

Now I understand the whole Test Championship Draw is a bit different, considering you only play 6/8 teams but for the ICC to come out and say India will not be playing Pakistan at all for the first two editions sounds a bit suspicious to me.

Who made that decision? Why was that decision made?

The ICC should really put down their foot and say that the games must take place, in either the hosts nation or the UAE or else points will be docked. But we all know they will listen to their real masters.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    I'd be careful of calling them phonies, they've done better than us away and frankly the best Asian away team I know. I mean how many away series have we won in Australia or South Africa?

Teams have no problem playing each other, the problem lies with both of our nations which tend to constantly bring in politics into sports. It's not as if we don't want to play each other but a fact that political tensions between both nations is ruining Pakistan-India cricket and robbing the younger generation of some good cricket.

Irrelevant. Indian loss to Pakistan would have taken them out of the final. Heck they aint there yet and might not make it anyway. It doesnt matter who else they beat.

Irrelevant again. Their politics is their business. Pak will NEVER reject playing India , we never back down for any reason. Whatever their lame reasons, without playing Pak in league format they are fake, phony, frauds of champions.

The whole tournmanet/championship has become a joke with no credibility.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eng / Australia / NZ will smash Pakistan in Pakistan. The wickets here are not low and slow at all. All of these teams will enjoy these batting tracks. Pakistan would struggle to pick 20 wickets against them. So no, Pakistan will not beat SENA in Pakistan. Maybe an odd match here and there. But not the series.
    No peer jee. This is real cricket, not Don Bradman cricket on PS3. The same SA who would smash pakistan on their home turf with this side we’re SMASHED in Pakistan. Try harder than using Mamoon’s toolbox

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, as Pak isnt running scared.
    Even if we had a sqaud mixed with under 19's and a few blind cricketers, out lads will not back down and give it their best. Our country and government will never back down playing India whatever the political issues are.

You cant be phony if you are will play all, only when you refuse to play one or more.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WTC is a joke due to each team can pick 6 opposition and also can pick without worrying about home and away. It makes it worse by some playing 2 tests and some playing 4-5 tests. There is no way winning 2 tests is the same as winning 5 tests. It would have been nice if standards were fixed with 3 tests in each series.

Not much to do with Pakistan because Pakistan has been languishing in 6-7 ranks for a while now. This format is poor simply due to how it has been structured.

India has not even qualified for finals.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    WTC is a joke due to each team can pick 6 opposition and also can pick without worrying about home and away. It makes it worse by some playing 2 tests and some playing 4-5 tests. There is no way winning 2 tests is the same as winning 5 tests. It would have been nice if standards were fixed with 3 tests in each series.

Not much to do with Pakistan because Pakistan has been languishing in 6-7 ranks for a while now. This format is poor simply due to how it has been structured.

India has not even qualified for finals.
    Agreed. ICC needs to organize these tours and dates as opposed to giving host nations the liberty to negotiate series which are done mainly to maximize revenue.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WTC needs a proper draw, televised, and a fixed schedule.

ICC needs to mandate that series be held within a specific time frame otherwise it will be a forfeit. Then we will see how these boards react.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Irrelevant. Indian loss to Pakistan would have taken them out of the final. Heck they aint there yet and might not make it anyway. It doesnt matter who else they beat.

Irrelevant again. Their politics is their business. Pak will NEVER reject playing India , we never back down for any reason. Whatever their lame reasons, without playing Pak in league format they are fake, phony, frauds of champions.

The whole tournmanet/championship has become a joke with no credibility.
    Well i get your point about both teams needing to play but i wouldn't be confident in thinking we smash them completely or beat them hands down. You also make a valid point that it shouldn't count if you haven't faced a certain team but India i have to admit is miles better than us in all aspects and that's me being painfully honest.

I can also understand the frustration and am also hurt by when the Indian coach for Zimbabwe never came to Pakistan saying it was due to a visa issue which we denied.

It is what it is, relations will remain sour for quite some time i feel.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashimafzal View Post

ICC needs to mandate that series be held within a specific time frame otherwise it will be a forfeit. Then we will see how these boards react.
    BCCI is looking for an excuse to dissolve ICC altogether and beginning its Indian Controlled Cricket council.

Give them a reason and watch this happen before your very eyes.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India would deserve it.

NZ are the phony's.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashimafzal View Post

This is such an obvious step it's ridiculous.

It'd be equally ridiculous to try telling India that they must play 3 tests in Bangladesh as per the WTC schedule. Nothing good would come out of that conversation unless there was financial compensation at the end of it. Such is cricket these days, sadly.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Well i get your point about both teams needing to play but i wouldn't be confident in thinking we smash them completely or beat them hands down. You also make a valid point that it shouldn't count if you haven't faced a certain team but India i have to admit is miles better than us in all aspects and that's me being painfully honest.

I can also understand the frustration and am also hurt by when the Indian coach for Zimbabwe never came to Pakistan saying it was due to a visa issue which we denied.

It is what it is, relations will remain sour for quite some time i feel.
    India may win but I've been watching cricket since I could hold a bat. I remember Pak drawing 1-1 with India in India after being 1-0 down. I remember us beating India 1-0 in a 3 test series at home.

Pak v India test match is different to any other two teams playing. Matches would have been played on pitches such as Karachi or Dehli etc. Even an average Pak team wil lbe more than a match for India.

Also remember it would only take one Pak win or a couple of draws for India to not play the final.

Indians of course will be happy as Larasingh to win it but as a Pak fan I wouldnt take much pride in winning something if we were to refuse to play the arch rivals...or arch enemies to be accurate.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, as Pak isnt running scared.
    Even if we had a sqaud mixed with under 19's and a few blind cricketers, out lads will not back down and give it their best. Our country and government will never back down playing India whatever the political issues are.

You cant be phony if you are will play all, only when you refuse to play one or more.
    Trying to be objective here. How is it BCCI or Indian cricketers fault if their govt isn't allowing them to play against Pakistan?? When the govt allows them to play Pakistan in international tournament, they play. And I'd not use the word "scared" because apart from that one match in the CT final, India have time and again beaten Pakistan quite handsomely over the past few years. I doubt the Indian cricket team is running scared of Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, India would destroy us in a Test match.

The issue however is the WTC being only 2 years and not 4 years. 4 years is enough time to play every team and actually have a balanced home/away schedule which right now, isn't balanced across teams and nor are they playing every team during this anyways. Results over 4 years will be more accurate and indicative of which are the top teams than a 2 year span.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol.

I guess they will be phony test champions without beating Zimbabwe too

Pakistan has as much chance of beating India in a series right now as Zimbabwe does.

This argument was a legitimate one in 2016 and I agreed with it but right now there is no comparison

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lol.

I guess they will be phony test champions without beating Zimbabwe too

Pakistan has as much chance of beating India in a series right now as Zimbabwe does.

This argument was a legitimate one in 2016 and I agreed with it but right now there is no comparison
    Pak has a good chance of beating India in sub continent conditions in a test match. Its not an LOI.

Indians and their crystal balls of yes we will beat Pak anyway is like saying Liverpool would beat Man Utd anyway so no need to play them to win the league, as LFC have been far superiour in recent years. Pak also only needed to draw a couple with India meaning England would be in the final.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India may win but I've been watching cricket since I could hold a bat. I remember Pak drawing 1-1 with India in India after being 1-0 down. I remember us beating India 1-0 in a 3 test series at home.
    You are underestimating some of your players from that generation. Those teams had Inzi, Moyo, Yk, Asif, Akhtar, etc (yet India had a better H2H record during that time). Its been 15 years and things are very different right now.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WTC is a hot mess any way. It was difficult to plan. Look at the massive difference between NZ and England's journey.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    You are underestimating some of your players from that generation. Those teams had Inzi, Moyo, Yk, Asif, Akhtar, etc (yet India had a better H2H record during that time). Its been 15 years and things are very different right now.
    I dont think Asif was playing in 2005 but yes in 2006. At the same token India had their greatest ever batting line up, far superiour to what they have now. In a test in Pak or India, the game can go anyway. Flat tracks are normal too when both meet, so draws are very much on too.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    All except Pakistan.
    Lol

Then explain why the Pak-India ICC matches are the most watched games in India? Heck even more than knockouts sometimes

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We beat Australia in Australia..

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will need to up their game if they want to play a series against India as they were recently whitewashed by Srilanka and Newzealand of all teams at rented home.

Not playing Afghanistan, Pakistan and Zimbabwe hardly matters.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    We beat Australia in Australia..
    Thank you Captain obvious. But that doesn't answer the OP.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lol

Then explain why the Pak-India ICC matches are the most watched games in India? Heck even more than knockouts sometimes
    Watching a good game and waiting for it to happen are two different things.
    I donít think we desperately want to play bilateral cricket with Pakistan. Nor Indian players want to play in PSL.
    The power dynamics have shifted and Indian cricket is thriving without mentioning or thinking about Pakistan.
    Whereas Pakistan fans need to let go. Make PSL strong and bring international cricket to Pakistan. Forget about India and tone down the Indophobia.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has OP given up on India's bogey team dismantling us in the seaming conditions that the vengeful English will surely prepare for the final.

Also, we're not even in the final yet. We won't be if we lose the next test.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this. I didn’t even think about it. I needed this ounce of validation as a Pak fan. Bhaiya aal iz well

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abhi to hum final bhi nahi pahuche to ye haal hai... andaze bayan sunne me maza aaega if we win the final

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have played and beat 3 out of the top 4 Test sides (barring us). Dominated at home, won in Australia and proven that we're comfortably the best Test team in the world.

Us not playing a team that was languishing at no.7 barely above the West Indies for most part of the cycle is not the same as Man utd not playing Liverpool. More like Leeds United or Crystal palace. No offense.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Pakistani and a big fan of Pakistan cricket. But seriously, This highlights the insecurities and jealousy

India by no means is a a phony team. Yes, they refuse to play us which sucks I hate that. But they truly are top-2/3 in the world if not the top.

I mean, who can beat Aus in Aus with a B-team?

I don't think we ever beat Aus even with the great W's and Shoaib and Saqlain, Inzi, Saeed Anwar and so many ATGs

I wish we as fans can overcome our blindness and hatred and truly appreciate the skills and accomplishments of a great team of our generation
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd March 2021 at 09:33.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways, this is not even a "league format".

Boards decide their series' according to the preset FTP so it's more similar to a group stage. No points should be "docked" on the whims of a few insecure online experts. It's practically impossible to have every team play 8 test series in each cycle. Especially for ones like West Indies, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc. Maybe add South Africa too now...

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These kind of threads just how the bitterness to digest India's success. Trying to distaste their victory but we just are showing our insecurity finding flaws in everything they are doing well. Instead we should improve our own system and at least try to be the champions rather than calling someone phony just because we can't win it. And no pakistan are no Liverpool. Right now india is man City (full of money) and we are at best arsenal or west ham.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    We beat Australia in Australia.

Will need to beat England to qualify for the finals.

Will need to beat NZ in England to win the WTC.

Those are the top 3 teams.

Not beating a middle ranking team doesn't matter.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Waugh famously said in his autobio 'Out of my comfort zone' about player rankings and the like, when these became common and gained traction in the 90's is the depth of a players feelings towards rankings and the like is directly proportional to how they were doing/their ranking.....

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Really? Which teams are more relevant?
    The ones we have cricketing relationship with.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not really a league format since not all teams play each other. For example, Pakistan didn't play West Indies, and New Zealand didn't play England...So not sure if it discredits it, but India should certainly play Pakistan for the good of cricket in general.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    True. We will try to hide our disappointment by crying into the big shiny trophy we win

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Bold thread title but it is 100% correct.

Test champions by refusing to play one country?
    No country played all other countries in the test championship. Did new Zealand play england?

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Thank you Captain obvious. But that doesn't answer the OP.
    New Zealand didn't play england, arguably a team they struggle against. Pakistan didn't play west indies. The WTC schedule was not made for all teams to play each other.

Yet new Zealand are in the final

Does that answer the question ?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    No country played all other countries in the test championship. Did new Zealand play england?
    Not the right example bro. New Zealand did play England and beat them 1-0 as well. Just that it was not considered a part of the championship cycle.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bold statement by OP.

As they say, be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    All except Pakistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The ones we have cricketing relationship with.
    Pakistan or PCT isn't relevant to you "in Cricketing world" yet you spend so much time on a cricket forum where most of the discussion is about Pakistan.
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 3rd March 2021 at 09:42.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Pakistan or PCT isn't relevant to you "in Cricketing world" yet you spend so much time on a cricket forum where most of the discussion is about Pakistan.
    Actually a lot of discussion is about India.Indian cricket,IPL, BCCI, Indian politics etc etc.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Cricket Team's value and relevance for BCCI is different them a normal cricket fan like me.
    And Watching any cricket match of Pakistan, for me it is equivalent to Afghanistan/Zimbabwe/Australia etc play. It is just cricket.. But if it is not happening not like we wait for it.. Like I wait for Indian Cricket matches.

And it is a cricket forum to express views, for other teams as well. I see more discussion on Indian cricket on this forum then any other place on internet.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont think Asif was playing in 2005 but yes in 2006. At the same token India had their greatest ever batting line up, far superiour to what they have now. In a test in Pak or India, the game can go anyway. Flat tracks are normal too when both meet, so draws are very much on too.
    But India had a far weaker bowling attack at that time. You had Akhtar, Asif and Gul. Famously referred to as AAG on this forum back in 2006.

Here's the smilie

These were the pacers India played:
    Irfan Pathan - 10 tests
    L Balaji - 6
    Zaheer Khan - 6
    RP Singh - 2

Ganguly was the 5th highest wicket taker among pacers.

While India did have the upper hand, Pakistan Vs India was pretty close in 00s.

Look at your pace bowlers today:

Shaheen - hasnt played a lot of cricket and is your leader of the pace attack with an average of 33
    Abbas - lost all his pace and place
    Naseem Shah - Averages 42+
    Musa - hasn't taken a single wicket
    Hassan Ali - still making a comeback and may fade again
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 3rd March 2021 at 09:57.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We haven't even qualified yet.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually Sami played as well. Wasn't half good though.

Any way, the point is that back in the day

Batting
    India > Pakistan

Bowling
    Pakistan > India

Now,

Batting
    India > Pakistan

Bowling
    India >> Pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will be phony Test Champions without beating Ireland and Zimbabwe

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And in another news Spain's WC win in 2010 has been degraded to "phony" status after their inability to beat the Swiss team. Next on line is England cricket team and their WC success without beating the joint favourites Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

There is a reason why I keep insisting that Pakistani fans are the most delusional in the world, and this thread shows why.

Pakistan is a nothing team and doesnít stand a chance of beating India. Even India C will pummel Pakistan.

Pakistan vs India would be as competitive as Sri Lanka vs India. The fact that the Indian government has blocked BCCI from playing bilateral cricket with PCB is the best thing that has happened to Pakistan cricket.

A home and away series with India every two years would have been enough humiliation for our fans to lose interest in cricket.

This Indian team is the GOAT Asian Test team and they are favorites to win the inaugural WTC. They donít need validation from delusional Pakistani fans who are burning like hot coal.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

There is a reason why I keep insisting that Pakistani fans are the most delusional in the world, and this thread shows why.

That's harsh.

OP is well known for his never ending Indo-phobia but most other Pak posters here come across as being much more realistic. You can see that on this thread itself....

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Not the right example bro. New Zealand did play England and beat them 1-0 as well. Just that it was not considered a part of the championship cycle.
    Why is it not the right example? They didnt play England in the cycle. Thats like saying india played pak in 2003 WC but not 2007 WC but both are same

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree. Unless India needs to beat all the low ranked sides like SL/Pakistan/Afghanistan as well in a cycle to be the real WTC champions.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is valid if Pakistan is top rank team like Aus and England.
    Not beating a minnow ranking team like Pak is doesn't matter.

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The way our batsman were batting against England's second string spinners I won't be surprised if any decent spinner from Pakistan run through our batting line up on these wickets. Pakistani batsman are also untested against Indian spinners. Thanks to BJP we will never get the answer who is better between these two teams.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    This thread is valid if Pakistan is top rank team like Aus and England.
    Not beating a minnow ranking team like Pak is doesn't matter.
    Yeah just wait for an year or two. Let Pakistan play few of their series in their real home. They recently beat South Africa at home and I am sure they can beat NZ, Aus and Eng in Pakistan too. Many Indian fans ignore this important thing and take it for granted that UAE was Pakistan's artificial home for more than a decade. They will be in Top 5 soon.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Expected a lot of emotional response, wasn't disappointed

Current Indian team should easily beat current Pak side, on paper. But irl you never know.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    The way our batsman were batting against England's second string spinners I won't be surprised if any decent spinner from Pakistan run through our batting line up on these wickets. Pakistani batsman are also untested against Indian spinners. Thanks to BJP we will never get the answer who is better between these two teams.
    Yeah man. Thanks to Bobby Mugabe, we will also never know who's the better side between England and Zimbabwe....

The way English batters were struggling against Irish trundlers at Lords, any decent Zimbo seamer will run through them.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah just wait for an year or two. Let Pakistan play few of their series in their real home. They recently beat South Africa at home and I am sure they can beat NZ, Aus and Eng in Pakistan too. Many Indian fans ignore this important thing and take it for granted that UAE was Pakistan's artificial home for more than a decade. They will be in Top 5 soon.
    All the best.

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Leaving aside whether India would be deserving champions without playing Pakistan or not I think I would still like to see a test series between India and Pakistan as a real cricket fan. Rankings don't matter much when it comes to India vs Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They recently beat South Africa at home and I am sure they can beat NZ, Aus and Eng in Pakistan too.
    Don't be so sure Bhaagi bro. you'll end up getting disappointed...again.

SL also beat South Africa 2-0 at home last time around.. in fact thrashed them by big margins and that was a stronger SAF side too with Amla and Steyn. But then they went on to get clean swept twice by England and could only draw 1-1 to NZ , losing a game by an innings margin.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a different note - the only reason I was interested in WTC was the possibility of seeing India vs Pakistan test - after so many years !

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread reminds me of 1992 World Cup where Pakistan couldn't beat India also. So, were they phony .....??

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not the Indian players who are refusing to play for Pakistan, it's their government and BCCI who won't allow them to play against Pakistan.

If India win the test championship they will have deserved. They don’t need to beat Pakistan to prove anything. They have shown over the last 4/5 years they are a brilliant test team.
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 3rd March 2021 at 22:32.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    It's not the Indian players who are refusing to play for Pakistan, it's their government and BCCI who won't allow them to play for Pakistan.

If India win the test championship they will have deserved. They don’t need to beat Pakistan to prove anything. They have shown over the last 4/5 years they are a brilliant test team.
    BCCi don’t like PCB, or do you have proof to suggest otherwise?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Don't be so sure Bhaagi bro. you'll end up getting disappointed...again.

SL also beat South Africa 2-0 at home last time around.. in fact thrashed them by big margins and that was a stronger SAF side too with Amla and Steyn. But then they went on to get clean swept twice by England and could only draw 1-1 to NZ , losing a game by an innings margin.
    Sri Lanka declined due to losing Herath, Pak still have some good spinners.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    It seems Pakistan can never improve and win against NZ, Eng and Aus at home. It's a given that only India can become invincible at home not others especially Pakistan. Some of these guys take arrogancy to a whole new level.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even right now, Pak is in Top 5 in both the ICC test rankings and the WTC table.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really. England registered their biggest win in that 3-0 win in his presence. Sri Lanka began competiting only after he went away in the final two tests. He was clearly finished by then but South Africa, with their horrendous spin playing abilities made him look much more threatening.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems Pakistan can never improve and win against NZ, Eng and Aus at home. It's a given that only India can become invincible at home not others especially Pakistan. Some of these guys take arrogancy to a whole new level.
    Pakistan have only lost 5 "home" series in the last 20 years. Thats a pretty good "home" record to have.

So I am not sure where this talk of not being able to beat SENA teams at home is coming from.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Even right now, Pak is in Top 5 in both the ICC test rankings and the WTC table.
    They will be in Top 5 consistently. The more Pakistan plays their home series at their real home the better their ranking will. All teams struggle away from home. India won the series in Australia but lost the last series in NZ and Eng.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have only lost 5 "home" series in the last 20 years. Thats a pretty good "home" record to have.

So I am not sure where this talk of not being able to beat SENA teams at home is coming from.
    It's coming from arrogancy and overconfidence.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nonsense, A strong English team under Michael Vaughan was thumped when they last visited Pak in 2005. Australia anyway last toured Pak in 1998, when they finally won a Test match in Pakistan after 40 years,lol. New Zealand anyway have a very poor Test record in Pakistan.

Pakistan will be favorites, when they play all these 3 teams at home in the next cycle.