Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Imran Khan win the vote of confidence from the parliament?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he still has loyalty amongst parliamentarians

3 100.00%
  • No, he will lose the vote

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

'Behind you Skipper': PM Imran secures vote of confidence from NA

https://www.geo.tv/latest/337889-pm-...ent-fm-qureshi

Foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Wednesday said that PM Imran Khan will seek a vote of confidence from the parliament following the results of the Senate polls.

He was addressing a press conference in Islamabad along with other PTI leaders, including the Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Asad Umar, Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Zaidi, and Minister for Information and Technology Fawad Chaudhry, among others.

Speaking to journalists, FM Qureshi said that PM Imran Khan, in consultation with other PTI members, has decided to seek a vote of confidence from the parliament.

"Today was a sad day for democracy," the foreign minister said after PTI candidate Abdul Hafeez Sheikh lost the Senate's general seat from Islamabad to PPP candidate Yousaf Raza Gillani.

He said that after a video of Yousaf Raza Gillani's son Haider Ali Gillani surfaced last night, his true self was exposed.

"I regret to say that the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) failed to ensure transparency in the Senate polls," he said, adding that after the controversial video and audio (featuring Ali Haider Gillani) surfaced a night before the election, Fawad Chaudhry tried to approach the ECP but there was no one there.

"The ECP was entrusted with a huge responsibility, but it [failed to deliver].

Taking a jibe at the PPP, FM Qureshi said that "those who claimed to be the champions of democracy have trampled upon it," Qureshi said, adding that [corrupt] Opposition leaders have come together [under the Pakistan Democratic Movement banner] to practice "the politics of escapism."

"We will ensure that this politics of escapism is buried forever," he said.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi went on to say that Prime Minister Imran Khan always patiently listens to members of the party, adding that "if someone was upset, they should have left openly left the party."

"We will continue to fight the battle of good and evil," he said.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So the corrupt got what they want with Gilanis election,let's see these guys show their hands in the open.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great move by Imran Khan. Now we will see who stands where. We will see if those who sold their seats for money will have the courage to vote against him openly.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Open vote. So even if there is no confidence in him, they wont be able to vote against him.

Pti would be making deals in senate now or just pass ordinances

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Open vote. So even if there is no confidence in him, they wont be able to vote against him.

Pti would be making deals in senate now or just pass ordinances
    IK has done the right thing. Lets see what the mafia have. Sooner or later the people of PK will have to decide where they stand. Do they stand a corrupt dacoit opposition or IK. If they stand with the crooks then that is fine. IA PK stays safe but I, for one is done with PK and its people if they chose the mafia.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IK has made some brave calls in his short political career so far, this is another one if it happens. I can bet all I have that neither Sharif nor Bhutto would have done this had they been on the end of such a defeat in senate.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Cover View Post
    IK has made some brave calls in his short political career so far, this is another one if it happens. I can bet all I have that neither Sharif nor Bhutto would have done this had they been on the end of such a defeat in senate.
    He has put it all on the line.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can criticize the Gillani boy all you want

but anyone noticed the timing of the audio leak

night before the election....

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just had a chance to update my knowledge after a slogging day at work. Don't understand why are the PDM and the liffafa journalists distributing Mithai, Gilani's win is mostly symbolic and everyone knows the bribery he has done to achieve this narrow win, PTI and its allies have an even bigger lead in the Senate now compared to before.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Just had a chance to update my knowledge after a slogging day at work. Don't understand why are the PDM and the liffafa journalists distributing Mithai, Gilani's win is mostly symbolic and everyone knows the bribery he has done to achieve this narrow win, PTI and its allies have an even bigger lead in the Senate now compared to before.
    Yeah, the govt. should challenge Gilani's win in the SC. No need to take a vote of confidence.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post

that was clever, and max punishment if found guilty is 1 yr jail and or a small fine...

but IK has got some grapefruits, only if his aides were as loyal as him... his pol allies sold him out mainly...

me personally, i am done with pk politics, the system and the ppl are deeply plagued...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If i lose seneate i will resign.

Why isnt he resigning? Or is it the usual barking by our pm

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Oh bhai, this seat was the most important. Pm talked big about it.

Plus, these are your mpas and mnas that got sold out.

Maybe pti need to xhoose their own mpas and mnas correctly..

Jisko dil keya tixket deydeya. PTI choose these electables no one forced them to.

Now all of a sudden, when senate elections come, the bandwagon whines on a new reason

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh bhai, this seat was the most important. Pm talked big about it.

Plus, these are your mpas and mnas that got sold out.

Maybe pti need to xhoose their own mpas and mnas correctly..

Jisko dil keya tixket deydeya. PTI choose these electables no one forced them to.

Now all of a sudden, when senate elections come, the bandwagon whines on a new reason
    How badly have you and mamoon been affected by pti gaining power? You know what I mean!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.geo.tv/latest/337923-gov...onfidence-move

The government will move a summary to the president to summon a new session of the lower house of Parliament for a vote of confidence for Prime Minister Imran Khan from the National Assembly.

The decision came in the backdrop of an upset in the Senate elections in which Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani of Pakistan Democratic Movement won the general seat from Federal Capital by securing 169 votes against 164 secured by Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh of PTI.

“PTI has unanimously decided that Prime Minister Imran Khan will take a vote of confidence from the National Assembly,” Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said while addressing a press conference along with Federal Ministers Shafqat Mehmood, Asad Umar, Shireen Mazari, Fawad Chaudhry, Syed Ali Haider Zaidi, Hammad Azhar and others.

He described the victory of Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani as a “negation of democracy” as well as the endorsement of PM Imran Khan’s apprehensions of corrupt practices in the Senate elections.

The foreign minister said the way voting was done on the capital’s general seat, strengthened the PTI’s narrative about the use of money in the Senate elections. “We were apprehensive that the elections will be bought and the buyers of conscience will buy the votes using the name of democracy.”

Clause 7 of Article 91 of the Constitution explains how the prime minister can seek the confidence of the National Assembly.

According to Article 91 (7), the prime minister shall hold office during the pleasure of the President, but the President shall not exercise his powers under this clause unless he is satisfied that the prime minister does not command the confidence of the majority of the members of the National Assembly, in which case he shall summon the National Assembly and require the prime minister to obtain a vote of confidence from the Assembly.

However, the President will summon a new session of the National Assembly for the prime minister to seek a vote of confidence following the government’s summary is moved on the subject.

It is pertinent to note that the voting on confidence motion is conducted openly.

As per Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the House, 2007 of the National Assembly, following the convening of the session, a resolution for the vote of confidence will be moved as the order of the day. Then exercise will start through a division of vote immediately.

However, in case of a no-confidence move, a notice of resolution has to be given by not less than 20% members of the total membership of the House.

The resolution will not be voted upon until three days and not later than seven days.

The Speaker is likely to prorogue the ongoing session on Thursday (today) if the government is in hurry for a confidence move.
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 4th March 2021 at 13:55.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran will call for reelections if majority of votes are against him.

This is going to be interesting!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Imran will call for reelections if majority of votes are against him.

This is going to be interesting!
    He wont lose as its open voting hence show of hands. Those that sold their souls will not vote against IK. Hafeez Sheikh was an easy mark. If the opposition had put in a vote of no confidence it would have been a secret ballot and then we would have got elections this year. IK has ensured that wont quite happen.

He has the expected 29 odd seats in the senate so that was as per predictions. We will see what his next move will be. I think another few moves will happen next.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

cos he won the seats expected and didnt lose. He lost the federal seat which actually shows that if you vote for the PPP going forward you support corruption. This will be the message in the election campaign. More videos are going to come out. The real war begins now between Zardari and Imran Khan. That was always the big one. The sharif clan were always just dudoo's. Zardari and Bilawal must be stopped no matter the cost. They are national security risks.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, it will get very interesting now with zardaris and imran, this could actually be a blessing in disguise, root out corruption one and for all.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PTI should have leaked the video next chaand raat or karwa chauth!

Some people

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post

Some people
    Yeah PTI isn't capable of doing that...

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post

Some people
    Some of the desperation from the supporters is so pathetic, that its hard to believe that we have so many immoral supports of corruption.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People like you are the reason I left pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Good decision by Imran Khan to seek vote of confidence. It is logical to do so after his candidate lost senate elections in National Assembly. If he won the vote of confidence then it means he selected the wrong candidate for senate elections.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    Agree, it will get very interesting now with zardaris and imran, this could actually be a blessing in disguise, root out corruption one and for all.
    zoardaar speech from khan today and his troops are rallying in the media. What is interesting is the PTI have more seats in senate than before. So I would expect more hassle for the opposition and the PPP around the corner. One thing is crystal clear, zardari will totally end the PMLN very soon. IK's cannons are now facing the PPP. Lets see how far zardaris paisa can go now.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    zoardaar speech from khan today and his troops are rallying in the media. What is interesting is the PTI have more seats in senate than before. So I would expect more hassle for the opposition and the PPP around the corner. One thing is crystal clear, zardari will totally end the PMLN very soon. IK's cannons are now facing the PPP. Lets see how far zardaris paisa can go now.
    Yep, pmln are virtually on their last legs, problem is Zardaris are professional corrupts, hope Imran has fight in him to bring these extremists thugs down!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So you support corruption and corrupt former leaders. I see !

No different than enemies of pakistan. Call yourself something else plz, but not Pakistani.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    IK needs to win the confidence vote and call for an election as soon its possible. The people will have a straight choice between the mafia thugs and IK. If people vote for these thugs then let them not complain when everything turns to dust like all institutions have

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Lahore Lahore Aay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The person who is barking is not Imran Khan.

Aajzi k takkabbur sy bachu. (hazrat ali hajveri RA)

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he didn't lose the senate. The loss of one seat is being overplayed and the gains that PTI have made otherwise being ignored. Granted it was a federal seat but we all (including you) know how it was done. I just can't understand how educated (supposedly) people like you can support Nawaz and Zardari. It's either because you are a beneficiary of their corruption or too naive or ignorant. Whatever his failures, and there are many, he is what we need right now and if the people of Pakistan have any sense at all they will back him unconditionally.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seriously this is the dumbest argument i have come across from usual suspects. When was the video recorded? 2nd March and released on 3rd March? When does horse trading happen ? couple of days before election so video coming out day after it was recorded is more of a concern than your ex PM offering bribes to sitting MNAs?
    This shows everything wrong with our nation, absolutely no morality and corruption is so normalised that even a video evidence is being laughed at.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Seriously this is the dumbest argument i have come across from usual suspects. When was the video recorded? 2nd March and released on 3rd March? When does horse trading happen ? couple of days before election so video coming out day after it was recorded is more of a concern than your ex PM offering bribes to sitting MNAs?
    This shows everything wrong with our nation, absolutely no morality and corruption is so normalised that even a video evidence is being laughed at.
    bro changing our nation is very difficult.
    Change will not come unless/until we as a nation want to change.
    I just came back from Pakistan few weeks ago. I went to Peshawar with my cousin. My cousin was driving and he did not have license. he was stopped by police. Guess what happened. Absolutely nothing. he paid 200 rupees then we were on our way.
    We live in Punjab. Most of my relatives now support PTI, Yet they all steal gas in the winter time. When i spoke them not to do it, they still want to do it.
    It does not matter who everyone support. we all are corrupt.
    Most of shop keeper in my street do not pay taxes.
    therefore, no leader can change this country. Unless we all are want to change ourselves.
    i went to bakery, i was standing in line to be called next. There was guy who skipped me, i told the cashier why are you taking him, he just skipped me. He just smiled at me, not even embarrasses.
    i went to buy Roti, i was waiting there in line but people coming from behind pushing and yelling at the guy to give them roti first. Nobody acknowledge that i am waiting in line to get roti.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The crooks have ran. How pathetic is that, its IK that has to get the 172, and if the crooks are right they have the numbers, so why are they running. @Mamoon, what happened to celebrations, why have the opposition government gone tuss again. Surely this was their chance

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The crooks have ran. How pathetic is that, its IK that has to get the 172, and if the crooks are right they have the numbers, so why are they running. @Mamoon, what happened to celebrations, why have the opposition government gone tuss again. Surely this was their chance
    It's a case of "all talk little action".

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It's a case of "all talk little action".
    @Mamoon quoted a twitter trend in celebration and since then has gone back to where ever he came from. If I was IK I would look to go back to the people as soon as possible. Let them be the arbiters of their future. If people vote for Billo and his crooked dad, or Maryam and her crooked dad, then they have to own the consequences of their ghulami to thugs and crooks.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon quoted a twitter trend in celebration and since then has gone back to where ever he came from. If I was IK I would look to go back to the people as soon as possible. Let them be the arbiters of their future. If people vote for Billo and his crooked dad, or Maryam and her crooked dad, then they have to own the consequences of their ghulami to thugs and crooks.
    You just can’t be sure how fair the elections would be given how things panned out in sentate and the election commission’s unfair role in it. If Imran khan chooses to go to people at this point in time I m sure the status quo would try to steal the elections with all their might. This mafia is capable of pulling out anything. It’s better Khan completes his full tenure and try to weaken the status quo as much as possible in order to ensure some sort of fair elections in 2023..

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes agree, call for the election, either a strong majority or let the awaam suffer the consequences of the corrupts.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    After the events that transpired on March 3, when the government candidate Abdul Hafeez Sheikh lost to the opposition nominee Yousuf Raza Gillani in the Senate race for the Islamabad general seat, the prime minister announced on his own that he will seek a vote of confidence from the parliament — a bold move that has sent shock waves across the nation.

NA Speaker Asad Qasier is explaining the process of the vote of confidence. You can read more about the whole process here.

12:20 PM

The session has started with recitation from the Holy Quran and the national anthem.

12:11 PM

Prime Minister Imran Khan has reached the House amid strict security arrangements. The NA session proceedings have started.

Lawmakers have started taking their seat.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Poll added also

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) vice president Maryam Nawaz on Friday ridiculed Prime Minister Imran Khan over his decision to take a vote of confidence from the National Assembly.

“Will you get a vote of confidence from the same lawmakers who you accuse of being thieves and crooks?” she asked.

She was talking to media after a meeting with the PML-N’s Azad Kashmir leadership, including Azad Jammu and Kashmir Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider.

Ms Nawaz said there was no prime minister in the country at the moment as members of the National Assembly had already expressed their lack of trust in Imran Khan.

“If you use institutions to intimidate the MNAs, it will be fruitless as they have already voted against you,” she said.

Says ECP stand on secret ballot is based on constitutional position

She claimed that after the no-confidence motion, the Pakistan Democratic Movement would unanimously decide the name of a new prime minister.

Asked about the response of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to the premier’s criticism of it, she said: “Even the institutions have now realised what an actual Sicilian mafia looks like. PTI pressurises state institutions and has now targeted the ECP.”

She said the ECP’s position on secret ballot for the Senate polls was not its opinion but a constitutional position.

“The Constitution is very clear about secret ballot. Even the Supreme Court has upheld this position,” she said and added that only parliament could amend the Constitution to allow secret ballot for the Senate polls.

Reacting to the ruling party’s allegations about use of money in the Senate polls, she said: “When the PTI wins extra seats in the Senate elections in Balochistan, this is not an issue. When they rely on ATMs and give tickets to people who have no relation to the party, it is not an issue. But when they lose the Islamabad seat, it is an issue and they start targeting state institutions.”

Ms Nawaz said: “The PML-N was accused of making state institutions controversial but we accepted court verdicts and went to jail. Now the PTI is bullying state institutions.”

Referring to the PM’s decision to seek a vote of confidence, she said the irony of the situation was that the president had called the session of parliament through Article 91(7) of the Constitution, which stated that the president was satisfied that the prime minister did not command a majority in the National Assembly and the session was called for the premier to take a vote of confidence.

“PTI’s own president is saying that he is satisfied that Imran Khan does not have a majority in the National Assembly,” she said. “I congratulate the president for finally realising what the people of Pakistan realised in Daska, Nowshera and Sindh. I demand that the summary of the president’s notification to call the session of the National Assembly be made public so that the people could see where the PTI stands now.”

She added: “But how will Imran Khan ask his party’s MNAs to vote for him when he has accused them of having sold out their votes on television during his address to the nation.”

The PML-N leader also commented on the coming elections in Azad Kashmir and claimed that her party would sweep the polls if they are conducted in a free and fair way.

She adopted a strong tone and hurled warnings without naming anybody over any attempt to manipulate the election results.

“The political culture of the PML-N has changed now. It is not a party that will face injustice and keep its hands tied,” she said.

Referring to the Daska by-poll rigging scandal, she added: “If anyone tries to steal the mandate of the people, we will not let that happen.”

The PML-N leader criticised the government for challenging the ECP’s decision to suspend officials in the Daska rigging case.

Published in Dawn, March 6th, 2021

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Prime Minister Imran Khan wants to know if Pakistan’s MNAs still trust him and are confident in his leadership.

A special session of the National Assembly has started and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has tabled the confidence resolution.

“Mr. Speaker with your permission, I beg to move that this House reposes confidence in the Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Mr. Imran Khan as required under Clause 7 of Article 91 of the Constitution,” said Qureshi.

Now the 342 MNAs will express their opinion. The idea is simple: those who trust Imran Khan will vote in his favour.

The PM decided to hold a confidence poll after PTI’s candidate Abdul Hafeez Shaikh lost the Islamabad Senate seat to PDM’s Yousaf Raza Gillani by a difference of five votes. The feat was interesting because PTI’s Fozia Arshad—who also contested for the Islamabad seat— received 174 votes against PML-N’s Farzana Kausar.

The premier would require the support of 171 members—ideally it would be 172 members but Sialkot’s NA-75 seat is not being counted as the Election Commission has ordered re-polling there.

The PTI and its allies make up 180 members, while the opposition has 160 members.

It is being reported that MNA Faisal Vawda, who resigned after casting vote in the Senate election, may be able to cast his vote as Parliament has not de-seated him yet.

Voting process
    Speaker Asad Qaiser explained that the voting shall be recorded in accordance with the procedure given in the second schedule of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007.

It will start with bells ringing for five minutes to tell all the members not present in the chambers to come for the vote. After this, all entrances leading to the lobby will be closed and no one will be allowed to enter or exit until the voting has been completed.

The speaker will then read the resolution and those MNAs to wish to vote in favour of the motion will queue up outside the entrance where tellers are posted.

Upon reaching the teller’s desk, each member shall call out the division number alloted to them. The teller will mark the division list and say the name of the MNA. The lawmakers should not move till they hear their name.

After the vote has been cast, the MNAs should exit the chamber and they will not be allowed to enter till the voting process has been completed. They can re-enter once the bells ring again.

Opposition announces boycott

The opposition parties have, however, announced that they will boycott the National Assembly’s session.

“We will not let Imran Khan continue his corrupt practices,” said PML-N’s Ahsan Iqbal while speaking to the media at D-Chowk. We will send these PTI supporters back home, he said.

Related: How will PM Khan take vote of confidence from parliament?

They don’t know that PML-N supporters are lions and we will defeat them, said former PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. “We will throw you out of Parliament. You can’t suppress the voice of justice.”

While speaking to the media on Friday, Pakistan Democratic Movement’s Maulana Fazlur Rehman said that that the session will hold no value if the opposition members don’t attend it. He asked how is Imran Khan seeking a vote of confidence from the same parliamentarians he accused of taking bribes.

Vote of confidence: A brief history
    This will be the second time a Pakistani prime minister has taken a vote of confidence from parliament.

Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif had taken a confidence vote on May 27, 1993 to see if he still has the support of parliamentarians after the Supreme Court overturned his dismissal by former president Ghulam Ishaq Khan.

At least 123 out of 200 MNAs voted in Nawaz’s favour. He secured enough votes to remain in power but the number had gone down from 1990—-when 153 MNAs had shown trust in his leadership. Those who didn’t vote for him included members of the JI and MQM, while the PPP had boycotted the session.

According to SAMAA TV Islamabad bureau chief Khalid Azim Chaudhry, it was once a requirement under the law for all PMs to take a vote of confidence from the National Assembly within 60 days after taking the oath.

The law was changed after the 18th Amendment was passed. Under it, the following former PMs took the vote from the assembly:

Muhammad Khan Junejo
    Nawaz Sharif
    Benazir Bhutto
    Zafarullah Khan Jamali
    Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain
    Shaukat Aziz
    Yousaf Raza Gillani

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran survives, receives 179 votes.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PDM got exposed badly today. Another win for PMIK.
    Goes on to show the public that senate seat was bought. Is the the democracy pdm wants ? One honest leader after our Quaid-e-Azam, and all these mafias against him. Inshallah he will be victorious in this struggle of getting rid of corruption from Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amvbfm View Post
    Because he didn't lose the senate. The loss of one seat is being overplayed and the gains that PTI have made otherwise being ignored. Granted it was a federal seat but we all (including you) know how it was done. I just can't understand how educated (supposedly) people like you can support Nawaz and Zardari. It's either because you are a beneficiary of their corruption or too naive or ignorant. Whatever his failures, and there are many, he is what we need right now and if the people of Pakistan have any sense at all they will back him unconditionally.
    if you do not support the messiah you are basically this.

Self-appointed messiah.

Plz get out of the stupid bubble that if you dont support him you are xyz..

I live in this damn country! I know the ground realities of whats happening here, what the inflation is.

Tired of listening to lectures by the lots who dont even live here or cant even live here..

IMran hismelf said that if he would lose this seat he would resign.

This voting going on right now is just a dramaybazi to show awaam that he still has support. This is just face saving after what happened in Senate.

PTI made gains, but yet it was that seat that caused imran khan to do this vote of confidence.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Congrats @Major @Mamoon @saeedhk. Umeed hai ke maza ayi hogi

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transparency is desperately needed in Pakistan. Shine a light on these shameless leeches.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post

“Jab ayega Imran sab ki jaan, banegi iss qaum ki shaan...”

Huge, huge victory for Pakistan and not only for Imran Khan.

My sincere condolences for the opposition.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Prime Minister Imran Khan secured majority votes on Saturday to win the vote of confidence from the National Assembly.

The special session was called in a show of strength by the premier himself after his party lost a crucial seat in the Senate elections.

The premier needed 172 votes to win the confidence vote. Announcing the result, the speaker said that eight years ago, Prime Minister Imran had been elected to the post with 176 votes. “Today, he has secured 178 votes,” he said.

Immediately after announcing the result, the speaker gave the floor to Amir Liaquat, who recited poetry as an ode to Imran Khan. After him, MQM's Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui took the floor and congratulated the premier on his success.

"You got the confidence [of the House], now it is your turn to return that confidence to the nation," Siddiqui said, asking the premier to fulfill his promises to his party and the country.

Following Siddiqui, Fehmida Mirza spoke, saying that the government's allies would always stand with the premier whenever there was a threat to the continuity of democracy despite any grievances they might have.

Earlier, lawmakers, including PM Imran, arrived at the Parliament House while PTI supporters and PML-N leaders gathered outside.

Tensions are high as both sides became confrontational and PML-N leaders alleged they had been manhandled.

Before the session began, Punjab CM Buzdar, Balochistan CM Jam Kamal, Senate Chairperson Sadiq Sanjrani and other officials met in NA Speaker Asad Qaiser's chamber, where they discussed the vote of confidence.

According to the participants of the meeting, the prime minister has "set a unique trend".

The session started at 12:15pm with recitation from the Holy Quran and a naat without the opposition in attendance. Later, the national anthem was played in the House at which all lawmakers stood up in respect.

Voting procedure read out by the NA speaker
    Following this, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi tabled the resolution on which voting will be held and the NA speaker read out rules on how the voting will be conducted. Later, bells were sounded inside the House so that all lawmakers outside the premises could make their way inside after which the doors were sealed.

The resolution, which was read out by the speaker again, says: “That this House reposes confidence in the Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Mr Imran Khan, as required under clause (7) of Article 91 of the Constitution Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”

MNAs casting their votes on the PM's confidence motion. – DawnNewsTV
    After reading out the resolution, the speaker directed the legislators who wanted to caste their votes to make their way to another chamber inside the House, where NA staff would record their votes.

After casting their votes, the lawmakers are making their way back from the lobby to the House and results will be announced shortly.

Show of strength
    PM Imran had announced earlier this week that he would seek a vote of confidence from his party's lawmakers, following an upset in the Senate election on March 3. While the ruling PTI made gains, it experienced a shocking upset on the Islamabad seat where PPP's Yousuf Raza Gilani bagged 169 votes, defeating the government's nominee, Hafeez Shaikh, who received 164 votes, meaning that several ruling alliance MNAs had voted for the Pakistan Democratic Movement candidate.

This is the first time a prime minister has undertaken such an exercise after the passage of the 18th Amendment.

Prior to this, the law required every prime minister to take a vote of confidence from the Assembly within 30 days of being elected — a vote that Benazir Bhutto, Nawaz Sharif and other prime ministers of the past had to seek after their election.

Since 2010, however, the law does not require such a practice. In fact, according to clause 7 of Article 91 of the Constitution, the president “shall not exercise his powers under this clause unless he is satisfied that the prime minister does not command the confidence of the majority” in the Assembly.

Scuffle outside NA
    PTI supporters raise slogans in favour of PM Imran while PML-N lawmakers address reporters. — DawnNewsTV
    Meanwhile, dozens of PTI supporters have gathered outside the Parliament Lodges, holding up banners and chanting slogans in support of PM Imran.

PML-N leaders, including ex-premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Ahsan Iqbal, Musaddiq Malik, Marriyum Aurangzeb and Khurram Dastagir, also arrived outside the lodges and held a press conference to criticise the premier's move for a trust vote.

Abbasi said the PM did not have the power to go for a trust vote according to the Constitution, adding that this power rested with the president only if he believed the premier had lost confidence of the legislature.

After the presser, however, the PML-N leaders alleged they were harassed and manhandled by PTI supporters present at the site, adding that there was no police or security for their protection.

A fuming Abbasi said such behaviour was reflective of the PTI's tactics and challenged them to a face off on the road "in front of the cameras".

However, the PM's focal person on digital media, Arslan Khalid, claimed that the PML-N leaders began the scuffle by attacking PTI supporters around them, adding that the media was "misreporting the facts".

Allies assure support
    Yesterday, during a meeting of parliamentary parties at the Prime Minister House, 175 out of 179 government lawmakers gave assurance to the prime minister that they will give him the vote of confidence. All MNAs of the ruling alliance were asked to vote for the prime minister otherwise they can be de-seated.

Those who could not attend the meeting were Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Zaidi, Amir Liaquat Hussain, Ghulam Bibi Bharwana, Basit Sultan and Monis Elahi.

A PTI leader said all those who were absent would attend the NA session today. He said Zaidi was stuck up in Lahore and Amir Liaquat who was in Karachi assured that he would be present in the house today.

After resignation of Faisal Vawda and re-elections on a seat NA-75 in Daska, the government has 179 seats in the NA and the PM has to get at least 172 votes to prove confidence of the 341-member House.

The 10-party alliance Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) yesterday announced that the opposition will boycott the session. PDM chief Fazlur Rehman called it a futile exercise by the premier for face-saving after the lower house of parliament already rejected him as the premier in the recent Senate elections.

Rehman said that "this session will have no political importance" and the PTI government "will not be considered the representative government of this nation".

PTI lawmakers express support for PM
    Ahead of the NA session, PTI leaders and lawmakers posted tweets, expressing support for the premier. Planning Minister Asad Umar declared that his "vote of confidence goes to my skipper".

"I am confident that @imrankhanPTI will never betray the trust of the people, he will never cease to struggle for betterment of Pakistan, he will lead Pakistan to the glory it's destined for by Allah's blessing," Umar tweeted.

Human Rights Minister Shireen Mazari said PM Imran was the only hope "amidst the coterie of convicts, brigands, looters and money launderers who have robbed this nation ad nauseam".

"Amidst the coterie of convicts, brigands, looters & money launderers who have robbed this nation ad nauseam, Imran Khan is the only hope of ending theft of nation's wealth & elite capture of nation's resources. My vote of confidence rests solidly with #PrimeMinisterImranKhan.

National Assembly Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri pledged to support the premier "till his last breath".

"No thief or robber can lower my resolve. Power comes and goes; we all stand with Imran Khan in the fight to rid Pakistan of corruption," Suri tweeted.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1611008/be...idence-from-na

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaj to opposition ke saath bohat barra bhalat... I mean chamatkaar hui hai

Congrats to every sincere Pakistani

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Condolences to all friends of corruption and enemies of democracy.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadi Rizvi View Post
    Aaj to opposition ke saath bohat barra bhalat... I mean chamatkaar hui hai

Congrats to every sincere Pakistani
    Floor tests are normally won by rulling party unless the leader is as controversial as say Trump. I have no knowledge about Pakiatan politics but in general floor tests have no bearings on next general election.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Another sixer by the Kaptaan!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    In a show of strength, Prime Minister Imran Khan secured 178 votes – six more than required – on Saturday to win the vote of confidence from the National Assembly.

The special session was called after the premier voluntarily sought a trust vote following an upset in Senate elections. Addressing the assembly after his win in a wide-ranging speech, the premier said "no one can stop Pakistan's progress".

He also announced electoral reforms, saying: "We are doing things; we are fully engaged with overseas Pakistanis so they can cast votes, and secondly, we are bringing electronic machines."

"We are bringing this system so that the one who loses, accepts defeat."

The premier needed 172 votes to win the confidence vote. Announcing the result, NA Speaker Asad Qaiser said Prime Minister Imran had been elected to the post with 176 votes eight years ago. “Today, he has secured 178 votes,” he said.

According to the breakdown, 155 PTI lawmakers voted in favour of the premier.

Besides, seven lawmakers from the MQM-P, five each from the Balochistan Awami Party and the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid, three from Grand Democratic Alliance and one each from the Awami Muslim League and the Jamhoori Watan Party cast their votes supporting the prime minister.

Independent candidate Aslam Bhotani also reposed confidence in the premier through his vote.

'I thank you'
    Addressing the House after securing the trust vote, PM Imran thanked government lawmakers, including his allies, for staying by his side through thick and thin.

He commended the way his party reacted after the Islamabad Senate seat upset, saying that this experience had made them tougher.

"To my parliamentarians and team, I thank you. Yesterday evening when I saw you, I realised that you were really hurt when we lost the Senate election of Hafeez Shaikh.

"But when I saw you, I felt very good because I saw a team in you and our team will get stronger. Because God will test your faith again and again," the prime minister said.

The premier said he knew of many individual MNAs who tried hard to attend the vote today but could not make it as some were facing health issues. "I thank all of you," he said.

'Embarrassing elections'
    PM Imran said it was embarrassing the way elections were held in Pakistan. He named PPP co-chair Asif Ali Zardari and PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif, saying they were "thieves" who were blackmailing his government for an NRO.

He said Zardari was commonly referred to in phrases such as "one Zardari trumps all (aik Zardari sab pe bhaari)" and "Mr 10 per cent" because of his corrupt practices.

The PM further said that Sharif had faked sickness to go abroad so that he could avoid the legal consequences of his corruption and theft.

"These people even tried to sabotage FATF legislation and had linked passing of the FATF legislation to amendments in the NAB law," the PM said, adding that they had put the country at stake to get rid of corruption cases against them.

He criticised Yusuf Raza Gilani, who beat PTI's Hafeez Shaikh in the recent Senate polls, as one of the most corrupt politicians in the country.

"Just look at his [Gilani's] wealth and assets before he became the PM and do a comparison with his assets after he became the PM. The picture will be clear," Imran said.

He said future generations of the country can only be saved if the menace of corruption is removed.

"We are on a way to economic recovery. The current account is improving constantly and now even the rupee is strengthening against the dollar without government intervention," he said.

The PM said the biggest pressure he was facing was to tackle the issue of inflation, which he said was a natural result of the rupee devaluing.

"But my team and my government is doing everything it can to control this issue and we will keep working," he said.

Lawmakers congratulate PM
    Immediately after announcing the result, the speaker gave the floor to Amir Liaquat, who recited poetry as an ode to Imran Khan. After him, MQM's Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui took the floor and congratulated the premier on his success.

"You got the confidence [of the House], now it is your turn to return that confidence to the nation," Siddiqui said, asking the premier to fulfill his promises to his party and the country.

Following Siddiqui, Fehmida Mirza spoke, saying that the government's allies would always stand with the premier whenever there was a threat to the continuity of democracy despite any grievances they might have.

Mirza then went on to criticise the way in which the recently concluded Senate elections were held, questioning whether the Election Commission of Pakistan was able to guard the process against "corrupt practices".

Earlier, lawmakers, including PM Imran, arrived at the Parliament House while PTI supporters and PML-N leaders gathered outside.

Tensions were high as both sides became confrontational and PML-N leaders alleged they had been manhandled.

Before the session began, Punjab CM Usman Buzdar, Balochistan CM Jam Kamal, Senate Chairperson Sadiq Sanjrani and other officials met in NA Speaker Asad Qaiser's chamber, where they discussed the vote of confidence.

According to the participants of the meeting, the prime minister has "set a unique trend". The chief ministers, senators and other high-ranking officials watched the session from the galleries.

The session started at 12:15pm with recitation from the Holy Quran and a naat without the opposition in attendance. Later, the national anthem was played in the House at which all lawmakers stood up in respect.

Voting procedure read out by the NA speaker
    Following this, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi tabled the resolution on which voting will be held and the NA speaker read out rules on how the voting will be conducted. Later, bells were sounded inside the House so that all lawmakers outside the premises could make their way inside after which the doors were sealed.

The resolution, which was read out by the speaker again, says: “That this House reposes confidence in the Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Mr Imran Khan, as required under clause (7) of Article 91 of the Constitution Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”

MNAs casting their votes on the PM's confidence motion. – DawnNewsTV
    After reading out the resolution, the speaker directed the legislators who wanted to caste their votes to make their way to another chamber inside the House, where NA staff recorded their votes.

Show of strength
    PM Imran had announced earlier this week that he would seek a vote of confidence from his party's lawmakers, following an upset in the Senate election on March 3. While the ruling PTI made gains, it experienced a shocking upset on the Islamabad seat where PPP's Yousuf Raza Gilani bagged 169 votes, defeating the government's nominee, Hafeez Shaikh, who received 164 votes, meaning that several ruling alliance MNAs had voted for the Pakistan Democratic Movement candidate.

This is the first time a prime minister has undertaken such an exercise after the passage of the 18th Amendment.

Prior to this, the law required every prime minister to take a vote of confidence from the Assembly within 30 days of being elected — a vote that Benazir Bhutto, Nawaz Sharif and other prime ministers of the past had to seek after their election.

Since 2010, however, the law does not require such a practice. In fact, according to clause 7 of Article 91 of the Constitution, the president “shall not exercise his powers under this clause unless he is satisfied that the prime minister does not command the confidence of the majority” in the Assembly.

Scuffle outside NA
    PTI supporters raise slogans in favour of PM Imran while PML-N lawmakers address reporters. — DawnNewsTV
    Meanwhile, dozens of PTI supporters have gathered outside the Parliament Lodges, holding up banners and chanting slogans in support of PM Imran.

PML-N leaders, including ex-premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Ahsan Iqbal, Musaddiq Malik, Marriyum Aurangzeb and Khurram Dastagir, also arrived outside the lodges and held a press conference to criticise the premier's move for a trust vote.

Abbasi said the PM did not have the power to go for a trust vote according to the Constitution, adding that this power rested with the president only if he believed the premier had lost confidence of the legislature.

After the presser, however, the PML-N leaders alleged they were harassed and manhandled by PTI supporters present at the site, adding that there was no police or security for their protection.

A fuming Abbasi said such behaviour was reflective of the PTI's tactics and challenged them to a face off on the road "in front of the cameras".

However, the PM's focal person on digital media, Arslan Khalid, claimed that the PML-N leaders began the scuffle by attacking PTI supporters around them, adding that the media was "misreporting the facts".

Allies assure support
    Yesterday, during a meeting of parliamentary parties at the Prime Minister House, 175 out of 179 government lawmakers gave assurance to the prime minister that they will give him the vote of confidence. All MNAs of the ruling alliance were asked to vote for the prime minister otherwise they can be de-seated.

Those who could not attend the meeting were Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Zaidi, Amir Liaquat Hussain, Ghulam Bibi Bharwana, Basit Sultan and Monis Elahi.

A PTI leader said all those who were absent would attend the NA session today. He said Zaidi was stuck up in Lahore and Amir Liaquat who was in Karachi assured that he would be present in the house today.

After resignation of Faisal Vawda and re-elections on a seat NA-75 in Daska, the government has 179 seats in the NA and the PM has to get at least 172 votes to prove confidence of the 341-member House.

The 10-party alliance Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) yesterday announced that the opposition will boycott the session. PDM chief Fazlur Rehman called it a futile exercise by the premier for face-saving after the lower house of parliament already rejected him as the premier in the recent Senate elections.

Rehman said that "this session will have no political importance" and the PTI government "will not be considered the representative government of this nation".

PTI lawmakers express support for PM
    Ahead of the NA session, PTI leaders and lawmakers posted tweets, expressing support for the premier. Planning Minister Asad Umar declared that his "vote of confidence goes to my skipper".

"I am confident that @imrankhanPTI will never betray the trust of the people, he will never cease to struggle for betterment of Pakistan, he will lead Pakistan to the glory it's destined for by Allah's blessing," Umar tweeted.

Human Rights Minister Shireen Mazari said PM Imran was the only hope "amidst the coterie of convicts, brigands, looters and money launderers who have robbed this nation ad nauseam".

"Amidst the coterie of convicts, brigands, looters & money launderers who have robbed this nation ad nauseam, Imran Khan is the only hope of ending theft of nation's wealth & elite capture of nation's resources. My vote of confidence rests solidly with #PrimeMinisterImranKhan.

National Assembly Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri pledged to support the premier "till his last breath".

"No thief or robber can lower my resolve. Power comes and goes; we all stand with Imran Khan in the fight to rid Pakistan of corruption," Suri tweeted.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1611008/i-...idence-from-na

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The PDM were looking to drag this drama and would have taunted him for the next 6 months but Kaptaan is a man unlike his opponents who are corrupt rats. In the coming months he needs to rid of the rats that took the mafia money and sided with a necklace thief who has one son that is a drug dealer and another that stole Hajj Money. He needs to put a danda up the backside of Buzdar and get projects finished. He needs to go after the atta and Sugar mafia in PK, and I am not just talking about speeches and warnings. Arrest and attack. Finally, let's deal with the PPP mafia, impose governor rule, when that finishes call an election. It stops the mafia in sindh from having billions to bribe people with. We know the bad guys win and no doubt the mafia will win but it will be nice to see the mafia kuttay live in fear for the next year or so.
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 6th March 2021 at 15:12.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This win is not a significant aspect in grand scheme of things, but boy it takes courage to put your premiership on line when the numbers are marginal. IK has done some brave things like that previously as well in his short career in politics.

Another thing this session in Parliament does today is that it takes away the limelight from PDM. Couple of days back their faces were beaming with Gillani win and today they are all sad, why is PDM moaning like this? What is their next course of action?

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PDM were looking to drag this drama and would have taunted him for the next 6 months but Kaptaan is a man unlike his opponents who are corrupt rats. In the coming months he needs to rid of the rats that took the mafia money and sided with a necklace thief who has one son that is a drug dealer and another that stole Hajj Money. He needs to put a danda up the backside of Buzdar and get projects finished. He needs to go after the atta and Sugar mafia in PK, and I am not just talking about speeches and warnings. Arrest and attack. Finally, let's deal with the PPP mafia, impose governor rule, when that finishes call an election. It stops the mafia in sindh from having billions to bribe people with. We know the bad guys win and no doubt the mafia will win but it will be nice to see the mafia kuttay live in fear for the next year or so.
    Excellent points, only down side to all this is imran himself is getting on in age, hes nearing 70, at that age you want peace and enjoy life without tension, issues. But knowing imran he will go after these Leaches until his last breath, it's just a shame he's not twenty years younger.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Excellent points, only down side to all this is imran himself is getting on in age, hes nearing 70, at that age you want peace and enjoy life without tension, issues. But knowing imran he will go after these Leaches until his last breath, it's just a shame he's not twenty years younger.
    20 years ago Mushy had the chance to reset PK and instead he gave the NRO and put PK in such a perilous position at the mercy of a mafia. Obviously, a flat in London was worth more than the welfare of a poor country.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Some fighting etc after the vote

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Saturday announced that the opposition "rejects the confidence vote" cast in favour of Prime Minister Imran Khan during a National Assembly session earlier today.

Speaking to the media in Sukkur shortly after the NA session concluded, Rehman said the Constitution clearly stated that the president can summon a session "if he believes that the prime minister does not hold majority".

"Here, the session was called over a summary by the fake prime minister. Summary is not involved in summoning such sessions, all of this is a drama," said the JUI-F chief, who is not part of the NA. "We don't accept today's Assembly session, nor do we accept the confidence vote.

"This was not a confidence vote. We know which agencies watched the members of the assembly the entire night. [We know] who knocked on the doors of each member to ensure they were present."

Rehman, who is also the chief of the opposition alliance Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), alleged that MNAs were "forcefully" made to vote for Prime Minister Imran. He urged the premier to "be courageous and ask the public to cast a vote of confidence [by] conducting a new election".

Earlier today, Prime Minister Imran secured 178 votes — six more than required — to win the vote of confidence from the NA.

Announcing the result, NA Speaker Asad Qaiser said that eight years ago, Prime Minister Imran had been elected to the post with 176 votes. “Today, he has secured 178 votes,” he said.

The session was boycotted by the PDM.

Trust vote has 'no worth': Maryam
    While speaking at an opposition press conference in Islamabad, PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz praised a number of PML-N leaders who were allegedly manhandled by some PTI supporters ahead of the NA session.

PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz speaks in Islamabad. — DawnNewsTV
    "My head is held high with pride, how you confronted a few dozen rented goons and forced them to run," she told the PML-N leaders. "You told the nation that the nation's representatives, lions, can overwhelm a few dozen goons."

Maryam said she was not surprised to see the visuals of the scuffle on television, saying "when a jackal's death comes then it runs towards the city".

She said when the PTI was in the opposition, its supporters "did hooliganism on the parliament like this and now that they're in government, even if through a false manner, they exhibited the same hooliganism today".

"So I'm happy that instead of us, they themselves told the 220 million people who were watching their hooliganism live on TV that they're immensely worried and that they may have taken the fake vote of confidence but they're on their way out," she added.

Maryam said she was sad about the way PML-N leader Marriyum Aurangzeb was "attacked", over which she said the whole nation was saying "shame shame".

"[After] this shoe you threw at Ahsan Iqbal and the worst manners you demonstrated, I want to say that your days are counted," she told the PTI leadership. "The security in which you come and go, it will be taken from you very soon so try to venture out among the population without security, 220 million people are ready to attack you with shoes in hand."

She said although the PML-N believed in "morals and decent politics", it "will not forget" the alleged behaviour of the PTI. "The PMLN is not a charity party, if it battled goons and thieves with ethics before then it was good, but the confrontation with hooliganism is never done with ethics and morals, so remember the PML-N won't forget this," she cautioned.

Maryam said those who had "saved" Prime Minister Imran in today's vote of confidence had openly come out in front of the people. "The lease of life they'd taken from their institution, they will have to answer for that to their institution today, that why they saved a vote, flour, sugar thief from the wrath of the people," she said, adding that the "decision was taken" when Yousuf Raza Gilani won the Senate seat against PTI's Hafeez Shaikh.

"And no matter how much you try to change that decision through force, pressure or rigging, that decision can't be changed because it happened in the streets and corners of the four provinces of Pakistan."

Maryam claimed that the trust vote taken by the premier had "no worth" and it was a "non-event because you've taken it from your members on gunpoint".

"What worth does a vote have that you got by telling [MNAs] on gunpoint: 'Give me the vote or I won't spare you'?" she asked.

She said it was a matter of "shame" that the premier had taken vote of confidence from the same members whom he had accused of "being sold".

The PML-N leader alleged that fog "had suddenly descended upon the entire Islamabad" yesterday and the Parliament Lodges were turned into a "bunker", while government members were assigned to each of the 16 MNAs who had allegedly sold their votes in the Senate polls to ensure their presence for the vote of confidence.

"So this temporary relief that you've gotten of a few days, even death is better than this support of compromise. If there was a person with a little bit of respect, he would've said my elders did their best to save me but the people have decided.

"To the ones who saved [him], I want to say you shouldn't let your institution's respect be stained in your attempts to save a defeated person against whom the people of all four provinces have given a decision," she said.

DAWN

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Imran survives, receives 179 votes.
    Are you going to be okay?

Jokes aside, good.

Love him or hate him, Imran is honest and genuine. Anyone considering PPP and PLMN as alternatives feet their years of incompetence, corruption and entitlement are either deluded or disingenuous

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, Imran Khan.

Bangladeshi Fan || [B]

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by observer1 View Post
    Are you going to be okay?

Jokes aside, good.

Love him or hate him, Imran is honest and genuine. Anyone considering PPP and PLMN as alternatives feet their years of incompetence, corruption and entitlement are either deluded or disingenuous
    bro, his honestly and geniuinsty doesnt matter now..

The country is facing high inflation. THere is 0 leadership by this guy at the moment!

To hell with his honesty when he cant even solve the problems of the people.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good job. Imran Khan getting vote of confidence after his party lost an election from national assembly members was absolutely the right call and according to the democratic norms. I am not sure why the opposition parties were against the vote of confidence. This is democracy 101.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes maza aya, you know why?

Because this puppet had already got majority in the senate, yet that one senate seat cause him to go this route. That one senate seat that insulted him so bad that he had to conduct this vote of confidence.

Maza is being enjoyed by everyone , especially the poor people of Pkaistan who cant affford to buy groceries due to the inflation taht keeps rising. Maza is being enjoyed by every Pakistani who is getting unemployed. Maza is being enjoyed by every student who cant find a job even though Faisal Vawda the boot licker promised jobs.

Maza is being enjoyed by everyone who just dies in the poor quality hospitals of Pakistan. Maza is being enjoyed by those people who have to pay high prices for medicines, because almost all of them have brand names and while they could be sold without prescription their prices are sky rocketing.

Getting sick in Pakistan means, using Rs. 1000. A guy who eanrs 17000 ruppees in Pakistan cant afford to get a fever in this weather. Becasue the cost of doctor and medicine is not around 500-1000

So, yes Maza ara hai. Dont expect overseas to understand and they never will.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Good job. Imran Khan getting vote of confidence after his party lost an election from national assembly members was absolutely the right call and according to the democratic norms. I am not sure why the opposition parties were against the vote of confidence. This is democracy 101.
    1. He talks about his MNA's being bought, yet he cannot name those MNAs.

2. He himself said he would resign if they lost the Islamabad seat in Senate.

3. He talks about NRO not being given, yet he gave NRO today to those that alot of people think might have been bought.

4. He met with the Army cheif and ISI chief on friday, when there was no need

5. This vote of no confidence was always a dramaybazi, as after what happened in the senate, he needed to save his face.

This is like a donkey that lost a race to horses, thus the donkey decides to take part in a race where there is no competitor and he comes out winning the race.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    PTI supporters have no intelligence so it is not surprising to see them do bhangra over their dramaybaazi.

The reality is that tabdeeli drama has flopped big time and Imran and PTI have lost popular support. The common man views him and his party as a bunch of con-artists.

If the masters do not win them the next election, they are unlikely to prevail.

Moreover, PTI has no long-term future. It is not a proper party with roots. It is a disjointed party led by a U-turn master with messiah complex and a bunch of opportunist turncoats who have jumped on the tabdeeli bandwagon to save their own political careers.

Imran is the glue that is keeping this fake party together. When he is gone, PTI will cease to exist. The opportunist lota politicians will be absorbed by the parties that they came from or they will break away to form their own factions.

For example, the “Corrupt Tareen” Jahangir Tareen and the fake pir Shah Mehmood Qureshi hate each other and will be fighting for supremacy in south Punjab.

PTI will be history in a few years and will be reduced to a footnote in Pakistan history. On the other hand, PMLN and PPP will continue to thrive and take turns in the centre for generations to come because they are proper parties with deep roots.

The Nawaz and Bhutto/Zardari family names will continue to win votes and command respect long after the current generation is gone.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. He talks about his MNA's being bought, yet he cannot name those MNAs.

2. He himself said he would resign if they lost the Islamabad seat in Senate.

3. He talks about NRO not being given, yet he gave NRO today to those that alot of people think might have been bought.

4. He met with the Army cheif and ISI chief on friday, when there was no need

5. This vote of no confidence was always a dramaybazi, as after what happened in the senate, he needed to save his face.

This is like a donkey that lost a race to horses, thus the donkey decides to take part in a race where there is no competitor and he comes out winning the race.
    1 - It was a secret ballot so he might not know all their names. This is why he wanted open ballots.

2 - Are you sure? I dont remember hearing this, and am not able to see anything regarding this.

4 - He is Wazir-e-Azam of Pakistan. He can meet with COAS and ISI chief whenever he wants.

5 - The opposition was saying he should resign, as he had lost the confidence of his ministers. So thats why he did this vote.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes maza aya, you know why?

Maza is being enjoyed by everyone who just dies in the poor quality hospitals of Pakistan. Maza is being enjoyed by those people who have to pay high prices for medicines, because almost all of them have brand names and while they could be sold without prescription their prices are sky rocketing.

Getting sick in Pakistan means, using Rs. 1000. A guy who eanrs 17000 ruppees in Pakistan cant afford to get a fever in this weather. Becasue the cost of doctor and medicine is not around 500-1000
    By end of 2021 everyone in Punjab will get the Sehat insaf card. KPK people already have it, so this should help the poor pay their medical bills.

Had nooras, jiyalas, generals, and mullahs done this before, these people would not be suffering today.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/779...cards-minister

So, yes Maza ara hai. Dont expect overseas to understand and they never will.
    We overseas Pakistanis from middle class families might understand Pakistan better than the upper class, living in 1 and 2 kanal houses in posh areas of Pakistan do. Most of us have relatives who live in those type of areas, and we know just how much of Pakistan they understand.

However you certainly know Pakistan better than the upper class overseas Pakistanis, especially the ones who were born and bred out of Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    PTI supporters have no intelligence so it is not surprising to see them do bhangra over their dramaybaazi.

The reality is that tabdeeli drama has flopped big time and Imran and PTI have lost popular support. The common man views him and his party as a bunch of con-artists.

Moreover, PTI has no long-term future. It is not a proper party with roots. It is a disjointed party led by a U-turn master with messiah complex and a bunch of opportunist turncoats who have jumped on the tabdeeli bandwagon to save their own political careers.

Imran is the glue that is keeping this fake party together. When he is gone, PTI will cease to exist. The opportunist lota politicians will be absorbed by the parties that they came from or they will break away to form their own factions.

For example, the “Corrupt Tareen” Jahangir Tareen and the fake pir Shah Mehmood Qureshi hate each other and will be fighting for supremacy in south Punjab.

PTI will be history in a few years and will be reduced to a footnote in Pakistan history. On the other hand, PMLN and PPP will continue to thrive and take turns in the centre for generations to come because they are proper parties with deep roots.

The Nawaz and Bhutto/Zardari family names will continue to win votes and command respect long after the current generation is gone.
    Good thing IK will be here for a long time then. I am predicting landslide in 2023, and if he should have the senate majority in 2024, as long as he creates a South Punjab province.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes agree, call for the election, either a strong majority or let the awaam suffer the consequences of the corrupts.
    Bad idea for a few reasons.

First of all Pakistan is going through a difficult time economically because IK had to clean the mess left by PML N. Situation will be better by 2023.

Punjab should have universal health care by end of 2021, so he can run on that in the next election.

He still needs to create the South Punjab province. Not creating this might make PTI lose from there.

IK has waited too long to be PM, to be jaazbati and risk everything in a new election right now. Must be patient.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Another loser that has crawled from underneath the wood work. You came, celebrated,soon realised that IK had won the Senate elections that took the rug from underneath your feet as called for the vote himself. Your crooks couldn't even face the humiliation today. Where were they, this was their day and instead they were humiliated outside as they looked create an incident.
    Using the money stolen off the poor of Sindh and Punjab apparently means getting respect in your eyes. I suppose being brought stolen FBR funds plays tricks with your morals and mind.If I was to say to what I really think of losers like you, then I would be probably be banned.

As shown again the Kaptaan is a leader, AZ the man who is hiding behind illnesses, and NS the loser hiding in London will never show 1% of leadership that he has . There are enough good people in PK to make your crooks life hell. Look at NS and his family in London, kuttay ki zindagi despite the billions, can't leave the house without everyone hurling abuse at them.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    Bad idea for a few reasons.

First of all Pakistan is going through a difficult time economically because IK had to clean the mess left by PML N. Situation will be better by 2023.

Punjab should have universal health care by end of 2021, so he can run on that in the next election.

He still needs to create the South Punjab province. Not creating this might make PTI lose from there.

IK has waited too long to be PM, to be jaazbati and risk everything in a new election right now. Must be patient.
    I think 6 months and elections. Give the people the choice and let them decide.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 6 months and elections. Give the people the choice and let them decide.
    Only way i see IK calling elections is if he loses Punjab government. Just too risky right now to do it otherwise.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It's interesting how many people came without any IK even asking. There are enough people to make sure the mafia doesn't get a walkover. But there are enough brought up on haraam hoping to gets crumbs off AZs and NSs table.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  suck up.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  23.5 KB

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There were not even 178 people in the NA. 4 of those people were advisors and they ended up placing vote on what basis?

plus, its ridiculous seing PTI fans laughing that opposition never came, when infact no production order was passed to invite the opposition.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were not even 178 people in the NA. 4 of those people were advisors and they ended up placing vote on what basis?

plus, its ridiculous seing PTI fans laughing that opposition never came, when infact no production order was passed to invite the opposition.
    I think it's time to take a breath and stop all this talk about fans, spiritual leader, fanatical fans etc etc
    Instead let's focus on the here and now.

So in your opinion which party should be in government and which person should be Prime Minister and why? Answer these three questions please

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

command respect.. ahahaha. Immy has exposed these corrupt leeches. People are more clued up now compared to 10, 20 or even 30 years ago.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Condolences to the puppets of corruption and their loud speakers on PP.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick85 View Post
    command respect.. ahahaha. Immy has exposed these corrupt leeches. People are more clued up now compared to 10, 20 or even 30 years ago.
    Bhai ghatiya logon ke mou nahin lagtay. In his eyes Sharifs and Bhutto/Zardari deserve to be respected. Yeh kerte hongay respect, unke paltu jo hain.