Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you take a Covid vaccine made in India?

News item "Canada to receive 2 million doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by the Serum Institute of India"
    https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...895650588.html

Guess who the Minister of Public Services and Procurement is for Canada, the person who made this order? The Honourable Anita Anand.

Sounds somewhat fishy.

Apparently it is not as effective as Pfizer or Moderna, so would you take it?
    Last edited by Shah; 4th March 2021 at 01:26.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which vaccine are we talking about here?

There are different manufacturers in India.

The serum institute one is more reliable.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    AstraZenecka is fishy?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m more comfortable taking Covidshield than MRNA Pfizer/Moderna.
    Infact Im down right covid since past 3 days and apart from headache for a day or two, I’m just doing fine despite being immunosuppressed. Last thing I need is DNA tampering vaccine in my body.

Thank you Modi and India for sending vaccine to Canada. Our Pm is Buffon and will see us Canadians die than swallow his pride.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    AstraZenecka is fishy?
    I think people are not able to digest the fact that ‘third world country’ is producing and shipping it to first world country not the other way around. These people are just internet trolls but will be first in line to get the jab.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know even in England people are preferring pfizer over Astrazeneca. Even though pfizer itself has a checquered history.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt wear a slipper from India let alone injecting anything into my body produced in India.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While socially India is a mess currently, they produce high quality research. As long as it passes all of the standards which the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines have, then I'd have no issue. I don't hate Indians like some immature people on this sub.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shah View Post
    News item "Canada to receive 2 million doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by the Serum Institute of India"

Guess who the Minister of Public Services and Procurement is for Canada, the person who made this order? The Honourable Anita Anand.

Sounds somewhat fishy.

I already got mine (Pfizer); however, if vaccine manufactured in India is effective and could help speed up building the herd immunity, then people should be open to it.

The crux of the pandemic is perhaps over so some people may want to wait and opt to get Pfizer or Moderna or J&J, and it's their choice.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    AstraZenecka is fishy?
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    I think people are not able to digest the fact that ‘third world country’ is producing and shipping it to first world country not the other way around. These people are just internet trolls but will be first in line to get the jab.
    Here is a news article from Bloomberg today. Apparently the Bharat Biotech developed Covaxin is 81% effective. Not yet clear if it is 81% effective in preventing hospitalizations, or from the appearance of mild to moderate symptoms. Anyway, 81% should be enough for the population to get to herd immunity.

Quite a vote of confidence from Modi to take the Indian developed vaccine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-81-effective

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, I would.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Here is a news article from Bloomberg today. Apparently the Bharat Biotech developed Covaxin is 81% effective. Not yet clear if it is 81% effective in preventing hospitalizations, or from the appearance of mild to moderate symptoms. Anyway, 81% should be enough for the population to get to herd immunity.

Quite a vote of confidence from Modi to take the Indian developed vaccine.

This is indeed good news for India. I can see India getting 1billion plus population vaccinated by end of August-September of this year.

Modi and co. and other medical team have had more in-depth medical data and possibly saw the potential to launch indigenous vaccine as well alongside AZ. It was a huge gamble considering how left media were bashing Modi for doing it but now they are hiding under the rock.

Anyways, so will you be taking either of these two vaccine?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I wouldnt wear a slipper from India let alone injecting anything into my body produced in India.
    Maybe when you or your family ever go to get prescription drugs, ask your pharmacist about drug’s origin. There are ton of drugs in western nation including UK who relies on India for prescription meds. Just recently UK ordered ‘made in India’ AZ vaccine for its population. So, I guess you’ll be sticking with your pride and not take covid vaccine, and Indian made drugs.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is indeed good news for India. I can see India getting 1billion plus population vaccinated by end of August-September of this year.

Modi and co. and other medical team have had more in-depth medical data and possibly saw the potential to launch indigenous vaccine as well alongside AZ. It was a huge gamble considering how left media were bashing Modi for doing it but now they are hiding under the rock.

Anyways, so will you be taking either of these two vaccine?
    As I am in the US, I will probably end up getting Pfizer, Moderna or J&J.

At this point due to the various mutant strains, I am not in a hurry to get the vaccine. I would prefer that by the time I got the vaccine it was "updated" to take care of the mutations. Anyway, I will probably get the vaccine as soon as I am eligible.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe when you or your family ever go to get prescription drugs, ask your pharmacist about drug’s origin. There are ton of drugs in western nation including UK who relies on India for prescription meds. Just recently UK ordered ‘made in India’ AZ vaccine for its population. So, I guess you’ll be sticking with your pride and not take covid vaccine, and Indian made drugs.
    Shhhh... we are not supposed to let him know that Indians have been adding mind-control drugs to the prescription meds.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I am in the US, I will probably end up getting Pfizer, Moderna or J&J.

At this point due to the various mutant strains, I am not in a hurry to get the vaccine. I would prefer that by the time I got the vaccine it was "updated" to take care of the mutations. Anyway, I will probably get the vaccine as soon as I am eligible.
    I’m no scientist but isn’t it true that the more virus mutates the more weaker it gets?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shhhh... we are not supposed to let him know that Indians have been adding mind-control drugs to the prescription meds.
    Honestly, he might even buy into ‘mind-control’ theory of yours. You’re giving him ideas to hate India even more. Lol

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m no scientist but isn’t it true that the more virus mutates the more weaker it gets?
    In simpler terms, the mutated virus becomes "out of syllabus" question for the vaccine. It doesn't get weaken, but it doesn't know how to deal with the mutated one.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shah

You might be unto something big, take a look at who Canada's Minister of Defense and Minister of Innovation is.

Fishy indeed.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wait, isn't Covishield a British developed vaccine that's being manufactured in India and exported to other countries?

It's just like iphones being manufactured in India and exported to other countries. What's the problem, unless you refuse to have it due to political reasons..

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's the AstraZeneca that's manufactured in India, sure why not? Don't see the big deal. It's not really an Indian product.

OTOH, if you are talking about the Indian domestic vaccine, that's a different story. I don't even think any country has signed any contracts to import those vaccines.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At this rate Chinese and Russian vaccines might be the best around.

Now that's something.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    I don't even think any country has signed any contracts to import those vaccines.
    Vaccines are scarce, many countries would like to have the Indian vaccine.

With a capacity to manufacture about 300 million shots on an annual basis, the promising efficacy data will likely aid Bharat Biotech find further export markets. The company is supplying 20 million Covaxin doses vaccine to Brazil and has signed an agreement with Ocugen Inc. to co-develop the vaccine for the U.S.
    More than 40 countries have expressed interest in Covaxin, the vaccine maker said in the statement.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Nobody offered you. Neither will you decide if UK decides to buy Indian vaccines.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Sounds somewhat fishy.

It was Justin Trudeau who called Modi and asked for vaccine supplies.

Fishy? Lol.

India has exported 45 million doses of the vaccines to different countries.

Pakistan will receive 7 million doses of India produced vaccine via Covax.

Yea fishy!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    If it's the AstraZeneca that's manufactured in India, sure why not? Don't see the big deal. It's not really an Indian product.

OTOH, if you are talking about the Indian domestic vaccine, that's a different story. I don't even think any country has signed any contracts to import those vaccines.
    Its not AstraZeneca thats producing or selling these vaccines. They have sold the license to SII.

Regarding Covaxin, the Indian domestic vaccine, Brazil has ordered 20 million doses. Iran has also approved the vaccine. UAE is another customer.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    India supplies 60 percent of the world's total vaccine. Next time check if the vaccine you are getting is made in India.

Pakistan too imports a large amount of vaccines and medicines from India.

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Its not AstraZeneca thats producing or selling these vaccines. They have sold the license to SII.

Regarding Covaxin, the Indian domestic vaccine, Brazil has ordered 20 million doses. Iran has also approved the vaccine. UAE is another customer.
    Sure, it's licensed to SII. It's still not an Indian home grown product. It will be interesting to see the up take for the Indian vaccine. 20m is a drop in the bucket when it comes to the global vaccination. But the number might grow.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubs View Post
    While socially India is a mess currently, they produce high quality research. As long as it passes all of the standards which the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines have, then I'd have no issue. I don't hate Indians like some immature people on this sub.
    India has been a social mess since time immemorial. Hasn't stopped it from doing good science or becoming a leading supplier of quality vaccines.

Even Pakistan buys drugs and pharma products from India.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If push were to ever come to shove, you'll take it. Just like you fly Airbus planes, use Intel chipsets and live in a Caucasian land.

Last I checked, the losers in Failistine haven't come up with a vaccine yet.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    960 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Alot of talk for someone who lives in foreign land.

Hope you never have to come to Pakostan, because our tomatoes do come from india

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    India has been a social mess since time immemorial. Hasn't stopped it from doing good science or becoming a leading supplier of quality vaccines.

Even Pakistan buys drugs and pharma products from India.
    Hmm, please do read the rest of my post. I was just assuming that there is an anti-India bias here because of social reasons, so I acknowledged that but said that it's irrelevant to the quality of research they produce.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    If push were to ever come to shove, you'll take it. Just like you fly Airbus planes, use Intel chipsets and live in a Caucasian land.

He'd also buy items from China which could have been made by enslaved Uyghurs, he's a hypocrite.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Sure, it's licensed to SII. It's still not an Indian home grown product. It will be interesting to see the up take for the Indian vaccine. 20m is a drop in the bucket when it comes to the global vaccination. But the number might grow.
    Its a Indian version of AstraZeneca. AstraZeneca provided the seed vaccine, rest is all SII.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I would.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is that a question?! I would take it without hesitation provided it is effective enough to secure me from COVID. The guy who says he won't is either lying or he's a FOOL.

Life before hate.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your food must be very bland ..

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, the vaccine which we have licensed out for mass production in India is for distribution elsewhere. We Brits are only being injected with the bona fide vaccine developed and manufactured in Britain, and that I would have no hesitation in taking.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    As far as I know, the vaccine which we have licensed out for mass production in India is for distribution elsewhere. We Brits are only being injected with the bona fide vaccine developed and manufactured in Britain, and that I would have no hesitation in taking.
    Say again?

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-c...rum-institute/

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    To date we have only been issuing vaccine manufactured in Britain so what I said is correct. Now that we have set up cheap production offshore to minimise costs and use cheap labour abroad, we can start importing it - obviously with strict quality control.

It's a British product being mass produced in India, we should have no hesitation in taking it. I am sure neither India or UK would want to be embarrassed by releasing subpar product for use in the UK. Repercussions would be terrible.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No issue whatsoever.

Indian standards in these regards are very high at least right now.

But no surprise for OP. People don’t take vaccines for a wide multitude of stupid reasons

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    No issue whatsoever.

Indian standards in these regards are very high at least right now.

But no surprise for OP. People don’t take vaccines for a wide multitude of stupid reasons
    Disagree about Indian standards, if they had good ones they would have proper cable management and sewerage at local authority level, but British standards on the other hand will ensure the vaccinations are fit for purpose.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. In fact I wouldn’t from anywhere other than USA

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Disagree about Indian standards, if they had good ones they would have proper cable management and sewerage at local authority level, but British standards on the other hand will ensure the vaccinations are fit for purpose.
    You can keep disagreeing, but 60 percent of world's vaccine comes from India. So the people who matter agree.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Is that a question?! I would take it without hesitation provided it is effective enough to secure me from COVID. The guy who says he won't is either lying or he's a FOOL.

Life before hate.
    +1

India will be producing around 40-50% of the covid vaccine. The world needs as much supply as possible. Hopefully, supply from China, India, and Russia increases with time and we can cover the entire world as quickly as possible.

Probably some posters don't realize that a vast majority of vaccines(not just covid) are made in India.
    Last edited by Buffet; 5th March 2021 at 01:44.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No problem at all. Some of the best medical professionals I have met have been Indian.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the vaccine passes the safety test, you should take it. if Canada is importing Indian vaccine, they are not fools. Their scientists would make sure by checking the safety guidelines before importing any vaccine or medication.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds somewhat fishy.

Approval in each country, including Canada, comes from drug regulatory authorities. One person does not decide to start importing vaccines from anywhere. The person you are citing is simply a minister making an announcement.

There is nothing fishy with Canada getting extra supply from wherever they can get. Canada is struggling with supply right now. Canada did order 4 times as many shots as needed in advance, but they did not get in higher priority.

If you have a choice between vaccines then you can choose to pick one. In most places, there is no choice.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The interim phase 3 result of Covaxin shows 81% efficacy in preventing symptomatic Covid. Still waiting for the data to be published in a medical journal like Lancet.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, Biden acknowledges the growing influence of Indians in USA..

https://indianexpress.com/article/wo...mpression=true

Indian-Americans are taking over the country, US President Joe Biden said on Thursday, referring to the high number of people from the community getting a place in his administration.

In less than 50 days of his presidency, Biden has appointed at least 55 Indian-Americans to key leadership positions in his administration ranging from his speech writer to the NASA, to almost every wing of the government.
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 5th March 2021 at 10:07.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Alot of talk for someone who lives in foreign land.

Hope you never have to come to Pakostan, because our tomatoes do come from india
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1903 View Post
    Your food must be very bland ..
    Living in Bham, I eat so many varities of food, from Arabic, Turkish, English, Pakistani, Italian, Mexican, all halal.

You can buy tomatoes grown in Pakistan.

Everyone has the right to decide what they inject into their body. Id rather not inject anything esp anything made in India. A bits a bit different to eating food or flying on a plane. lol

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living in Bham, I eat so many varities of food, from Arabic, Turkish, English, Pakistani, Italian, Mexican, all halal.

Everyone has the right to decide what they inject into their body. Id rather not inject anything esp anything made in India. A bits a bit different to eating food or flying on a plane. lol

You can take it since it is from your own South Asia. wink wink
    Last edited by Lego20; 5th March 2021 at 23:40.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You can keep disagreeing, but 60 percent of world's vaccine comes from India. So the people who matter agree.
    I wasn't disagreeing. Britain will always ensure any product licensed to be distributed carrying our name will be fit for purpose. Obviously if the manufacture has been outsourced to India, then we would still ensure strict standards are met as to quality before distributing for use over here.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not necessarily. Some mutations can be more lethal. A common example of a virus that mutates rapidly to defeat vaccines is the flu virus. Vaccines need to be taken every year as there are new strains every year. Some year the strains are more lethal than other years.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow. This is some level of India-phobia. Are you ok if people have such attitude against Pakistanis or Muslims?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not necessarily. Some mutations can be more lethal. A common example of a virus that mutates rapidly to defeat vaccines is the flu virus. Vaccines need to be taken every year as there are new strains every year. Some year the strains are more lethal than other years.
    Yea you’re right. In past 12 years, two times flu virus had made me so sick that I had to run to ER. I think reason why we take flu shot annually is due to its effectiveness only last about 4 months. There are also similar concerns as well regarding covid vaccine, as how long will it provide protection from covid.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Wow. This is some level of India-phobia. Are you ok if people have such attitude against Pakistanis or Muslims?
    Actually Indian people have such attitude against Pakistan and Muslims. Perhaps you are forgetting that India has banned Pakistani artists and sportsmen from performing in India.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't like vaccine. But, if I need to take it for travel and work, I can take it.

I also do not mind taking Indian vaccine as long as it is safe.

Bangladeshi Fan || [B]

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea you’re right. In past 12 years, two times flu virus had made me so sick that I had to run to ER. I think reason why we take flu shot annually is due to its effectiveness only last about 4 months. There are also similar concerns as well regarding covid vaccine, as how long will it provide protection from covid.
    The flu vaccine may only provide protection for a few months, but the flu virus also mutates besides having many strains.

This means scientists have to decide which strains to include in a vaccine many months before the flu season actually starts.

A big problem is that the virus keeps evolving before the vaccine is ready.

If the virus changes more than expected, or a minor strain becomes unexpectedly common, the vaccine will be less effective.

While this year's vaccine is not as effective as hoped, it is still the best first defence available.

A universal flu vaccine that would protect against all strains of flu is still many years away.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-42734109

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KingKhan

Supports Indian farmer protest.

Would never eat tomatoes grown by them.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Not phobia, nothing to fear.

Id rather spend my money on products from other nations.

KingKhan

Supports Indian farmer protest.

Would never eat tomatoes grown by them.
    Indian farmers are not my business, I was merely pointing out the growing facism of the Indian regime. UK tomatoes are the best, Asian dont have the same taste at all.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    If one year ago I had to bet money on who on this forum will be anti-vaxxer I would’ve bet on KKWC. Good to be right haha

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    If one year ago I had to bet money on who on this forum will be anti-vaxxer I would’ve bet on KKWC. Good to be right haha
    What if the vaccine is Chinese?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I am actually quite surprised at how many 'native' English I come acoss day to day who are anti-vaccine. Did you consider that maybe KKWC is just a reflection of British society? Actually considering the President of the USA himself was an anti-vaccine, perhaps it's not even a British thing.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to get out more. There are millions who are anti-vac in the UK and we can start with MRR vaccines in the UK, long before Covid was in the frame.

Yup, look it up and you will realise how silly your comment is.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    You need to get out more. There are millions who are anti-vac in the UK and we can start with MRR vaccines in the UK, long before Covid was in the frame.

What’s silly about the comment? I’m literally staring an opinion I held which turned out to be true? Seems like you struggle to understand basic things lol

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s silly about the comment? I’m literally staring an opinion I held which turned out to be true? Seems like you struggle to understand basic things lol
    No, your opinion is implying KKWC's thoughts on vaccines is in a minority. It's not.

This is why your comment sounds silly and why you need to get out more.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's probably our neighbor who is trolling here, like PakLFC the masks slips now and then.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, you lack Comprehension skills.

The set of people @Slog mentioned was PP forum. Not the set of people of UK.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Of course, providing it was tested to work well.

If you refuse a effective vaccine, you are either ignorant or displaying faux nationalism.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No, your opinion is implying KKWC's thoughts on vaccines is in a minority. It's not.

You clearly lack comprehension skills.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure the Indian slippers in your possession, were intended as gifts

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His point wasn't that it was a minority view, it was that it was an unscientific view held by ignorant people.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More European nations pause AstraZeneca vaccine use as blood clot reports investigated
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/europ...ntl/index.html

"Denmark, Iceland and Norway have suspended the use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine while the European Union's medicines regulator investigates whether the shot could be linked to a number of reports of blood clots."

Don't know which is worse, Covid or blood clots.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say, you lack Comprehension skills.

The set of people @Slog mentioned was PP forum. Not the set of people of UK.
    Exaclty the point. Whats the point of highlighting a PP anti-vaccer when half the UK think the same?

You need to think a little more.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You clearly lack comprehension skills.
    Coming from you claiming Im an 'anti-vaxer' is ironic.

This term anti vaxer is new, aimed at attacking those who have concerns over the Covid19 vaccine(s).

Find a single post where I've said Im AGAINST ALL VACCINES. You wont because Ive only ever said I wont be having it and never suggested nobody should take it.

The Oxford vaccine has been suspended from 6 nations after blood clots emerged. In your world those 6 nations are anti-vaxers too. lol

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exaclty the point. Whats the point of highlighting a PP anti-vaccer when half the UK think the same?

You need to think a little more.
    This is typical of much of the planet. Many dont have the ability to critically think for themselves.

The numbers are growing around Europe.

A new poll shows that 59% of the French public ‘do not intend’ to get a Covid jab when it becomes possible, up from 46% a month ago
    https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...-with-new-poll

This was back in the summer in the UK before we knew of Blood Clots from Oxford vaccine.

Almost a third of people in the UK would definitely not have a coronavirus vaccine or are not sure whether they would, a new poll has found.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a9605286.html

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems like the Quad is now doing vaccine diplomacy.

As much of the world struggled to secure Covid-19 vaccine supplies last month, more than 50 million doses were chilling in a warehouse in western India, stacked more than 50 feet high.

The company with the stockpile, Serum Institute of India, used to be little known outside the vaccine industry, but its capacity to ramp up production to more than 70 million doses a month has now put it and India solidly at center stage in the fight against the pandemic.

The U.S., Japan and Australia have just pledged more than $200 million to help Indian companies expand their capacities faster and add one billion doses to the global supply. Tapping India’s vaccine production capabilities was at the center of virtual talks Friday among the leaders of those three countries and India, an alliance trying to counter Chinese expansionism known as the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue, or the Quad.

India has been the world’s biggest vaccine producer for years. It produces more than half of the volume of the world’s vaccines and has built a specialization in doing large batches of vaccines for emerging markets, which need each shot to cost less than a few dollars.

As mass production and distribution of Covid-19 vaccines has proven difficult, more countries and vaccine producers have been turning to India for help.

“I think a lot of people don’t understand why they can’t get vaccines, why it is so hard to just get supply,” said Serum Institute Chief Executive Adar Poonawalla. “People underestimate manufacturing at scale; sometimes it’s actually harder to manufacture at scale than it is to even develop or invent a vaccine.”

Before the pandemic, the Serum Institute was already making around 1.5 billion doses of vaccines per year. It has been the go-to supplier for international organizations such as Unicef and emerging markets because it sells most vaccines at less than $1 a dose. It does that, and still makes a profit, by making batches of millions of doses at a time. Over the decades that it has been doing this, it has built special skills, equipment and analytics that few can match.

As soon as its first vial of the cellular material used to create the AstraZeneca vaccine arrived in May, Serum Institute’s scientists started growing enough of it to fill large containers—some able to hold 2,000 liters, or nearly 530 gallons.

Over time, its scientists figured out how to make the doses faster, tinkering with the process to get more out of each batch. The secret, say Serum’s scientists, is knowing how to grow large amounts of cells in bigger bioreactors, the large metal vats used to grow the cells to make vaccines. It is also knowing the right moment to introduce the virus into the cells, as well as when to harvest that virus, which becomes the base for the vaccines.

It took months to understand the best way to mass produce the AstraZeneca vaccine, said Umesh Shaligram, an executive director at Serum. “You have to understand—to kind of sense—how your cells are behaving, how a virus is behaving. It takes a bit of time to understand,” he said. “Each batch you run you understand better.”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-tap...ic-11615719604
    Last edited by Napa; 15th March 2021 at 06:01.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Tbf some of the best lottas I have used when staying in a foreign country with no bidets have been bought from Indian stores.

If I trust them with private matters I trust them with vaccine.