Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If Pakistan had faced India in Test cricket over the last decade

Inspired by some of the discussion in a different thread. I believe we would have seen some good Asian cricket had Pakistan and India faced off in whites. Imagine that we had test series in 2012, 2015, 2018 and 2021, with the series alternating between India and the UAE/Pakistan. For me, this is how I see things playing out:

2012 - Played in India.

Pakistan were clearly a stronger side in 2012, especially in Asia. I see this being a pretty one-sided series with Pakistan dominating in all aspects. Nothing else to say on this one.

Scoreline: 3-0 for Pakistan.
    Man of the Series: Saeed Ajmal.

2015 - Played in the UAE.

Pakistan are still the stronger side, although several, previously average Indian players have now become world class. With this series being contested on the flat pitches of the UAE, it would have been run-fest after run-fest with Pakistan winning.

Scoreline: 2-0 for Pakistan, with one draw.
    Man of the Series: Younis Khan.

2018 - Played in India.

We now see witness the tables turning with India coming into this series as the stronger side, with more established, world-class test players, while Pakistan is a team in transition. India would probably dominate the weaker batting of the opposition. However, I can foresee the Pakistani spinners causing massive problems on Indian pitches.

Scoreline: 3:0 to India.
    Man of the Series: Ravi Ashwin.

2021 - Played in Pakistan.

This would probably have been the closest series, with two flawed teams battling in Pakistan. I can foresee the Pakistani curators taking away India's advantage in the spin department which would make it a battle between the pacers and the batsmen. Given that its in Pakistan though, I also expect some big innings.

Scoreline: 1-1 draw, 1 drawn test.
    Man of the Match: Rohit Sharma/Babar Azam

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Inspired by some of the discussion in a different thread. I believe we would have seen some good Asian cricket had Pakistan and India faced off in whites. Imagine that we had test series in 2012, 2015, 2018 and 2021, with the series alternating between India and the UAE/Pakistan. For me, this is how I see things playing out:

2012 - Played in India.

Pakistan were clearly a stronger side in 2012, especially in Asia. I see this being a pretty one-sided series with Pakistan dominating in all aspects. Nothing else to say on this one.

Scoreline: 3-0 for Pakistan.
    Man of the Series: Saeed Ajmal.

2015 - Played in the UAE.

Pakistan are still the stronger side, although several, previously average Indian players have now become world class. With this series being contested on the flat pitches of the UAE, it would have been run-fest after run-fest with Pakistan winning.

Scoreline: 2-0 for Pakistan, with one draw.
    Man of the Series: Younis Khan.

2018 - Played in India.

We now see witness the tables turning with India coming into this series as the stronger side, with more established, world-class test players, while Pakistan is a team in transition. India would probably dominate the weaker batting of the opposition. However, I can foresee the Pakistani spinners causing massive problems on Indian pitches.

Scoreline: 3:0 to India.
    Man of the Series: Ravi Ashwin.

2021 - Played in Pakistan.

This would probably have been the closest series, with two flawed teams battling in Pakistan. I can foresee the Pakistani curators taking away India's advantage in the spin department which would make it a battle between the pacers and the batsmen. Given that its in Pakistan though, I also expect some big innings.

Scoreline: 1-1 draw, 1 drawn test.
    Man of the Match: Rohit Sharma/Babar Azam
    Except 2012 all seems fair

No way any team , i repeat any team is whitewashing India in India

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2012 Pakistan team lost a series in SL.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    A Sri Lanka with Sanga, Mahela, Herath and a strong supporting caste. A world-class team, probably their best ever.

India, on the other hand, lost to an England side that got completely outplayed by Pakistan, with Sri Lanka also doing well against them.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Lol, not just in 2012, they lost in 2014 too.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2021 won't have been an even contest at all. Pak are currently an awful side and Babar has found some weakness vs spin too.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2012: Think Pakistan would have won, but definitely not 3-0.

2015: I am leaning towards a 1-1 draw.

2018: 3-0 hammering for Pakistan

2021: Comfortable Indian victory

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why specifically those years?

Anyways..

2012 (played in India)

A 1-1 draw or at worst a 2-1 win for Pakistan. Whitewashing India in India in tests is as likely as UAE winning the world cup.

2015 (played in UAE)

India wins 2-1 (at worst). Jadeja and Ashwin were at their best and Pakistan was dropping tests to West Indies and New Zealand in that period.

2018 (played in India)

India wins 3-0.... nothing else to say.

2021 (played in Pakistan)

India wins 2-0... One game will end in a draw.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    2021 won't have been an even contest at all. Pak are currently an awful side and Babar has found some weakness vs spin too.
    Are you kidding me?

Look at this India team against England.

England have been rotating their players and so have been unsettled, have largely been on the road since October 2020 and still India are struggling against them. This same England team that struggled to beat Pakistan in England.

Another poster called this India team the best ever Team to come out of Asia.
    What a ridiculous statement.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Some emotional Indian fans getting upset that on paper, the 2012 Pakistan team would whitewash the 2012 Indian team in India. Unfortunately, we cannot really predict the intangibles and whether they would help India avoid a 3:0 loss.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Look at this India team against England.

England have been rotating their players and so have been unsettled, have largely been on the road since October 2020 and still India are struggling against them. This same England team that struggled to beat Pakistan in England.

Another poster called this India team the best ever Team to come out of Asia.
    What a ridiculous statement.
    Most of the current Indian team is past its peak or just about getting there. The big names are all in their mid-30s and apart from Rohit, none of the batsmen are in form. No shame in this, it's just how sport works.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times we have discussed and fought on this topic? This superficial discussion leads no where. The reality is India-Pakistan has not played a test series for past 14 years and dont see any series in near future either.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian bowling attack is better than Pakistan's in Asia so they would've won all the series.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some emotional Indian fans getting upset that on paper, the 2012 Pakistan team would whitewash the 2012 Indian team in India. Unfortunately, we cannot really predict the intangibles and whether they would help India avoid a 3:0 loss.
    Lol you are arguing on hypotheticals and posting the results you want to see.
    You would have put 2018 and 2021 and comfortable victory for Pakistan but your current team is really bad with only Babar being a decent bat.
    No one thought that India would win series against Australia after 36 all out.. So same way I think Pakistan from 2010 onwards had no chance against India.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Lol you are arguing on hypotheticals and posting the results you want to see.
    You would have put 2018 and 2021 and comfortable victory for Pakistan but your current team is really bad with only Babar being a decent bat.
    No one thought that India would win series against Australia after 36 all out.. So same way I think Pakistan from 2010 onwards had no chance against India.
    Well, duh. Of course this is a hypothetical discussion. If I was an emotional troll like some of your friends here, I may have said that Babar and Yasir would beat India in India in 2018 but that isn't the case, hence the thread.

Lmao. So just because India managed to come back after the 36 all-out humiliation, Pakistan could not have beaten them in 2012 and 2015? This is some time-travelling, Infinity War logic right here. Please think harder next time.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, duh. Of course this is a hypothetical discussion. If I was an emotional troll like some of your friends here, I may have said that Babar and Yasir would beat India in India in 2018 but that isn't the case, hence the thread.

Lmao. So just because India managed to come back after the 36 all-out humiliation, Pakistan could not have beaten them in 2012 and 2015? This is some time-travelling, Infinity War logic right here. Please think harder next time.
    No chance. Post 2010 in Test matches Indian batting too strong, Spinners too overpowering. Misbah and Younus would have struggled against Ash and Jaddu.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    Indian bowling attack is better than Pakistan's in Asia so they would've won all the series.
    It wasn't better than Pakistan's spin attack of Ajmal and Rehman in 2012, so Pakistan definitely had the edge in 2012/13. But apart from that 2015 series could have been close in the UAE.

2018 and 2021, India would win easily.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance. Post 2010 in Test matches Indian batting too strong, Spinners too overpowering. Misbah and Younus would have struggled against Ash and Jaddu.
    Indian batting was in transition in the 2011-14 period. Pakistan definitely had a great chance to beat them then.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, post-2010 India was a shuupaa pawar in test cricket which explains them getting manhandled by England in 2012. If Cook and KP did what they did against India, that Pakistani batting lineup would have rendered them ineffective. The current side would struggle however, which is why I believe India would win 3:0 in 2018.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, post-2010 India was a shuupaa pawar in test cricket which explains them getting manhandled by England in 2012. If Cook and KP did what they did against India, that Pakistani batting lineup would have rendered them ineffective. The current side would struggle however, which is why I believe India would win 3:0 in 2018.
    You seriously are comparing KP against Misbah and Younus. KP >>> Misbah and KP>Younus any day.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seriously are comparing KP against Misbah and Younus. KP >>> Misbah and KP>Younus any day.
    Lol @ KP being better than Younis, you really are clueless here.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India would have beaten us black and blue. This topic is so boring.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    India would have beaten us black and blue. This topic is so boring.
    Not in the 2012-2015 period.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Ash and Jaddu ran over AB and Amla, but somehow Younis and Misbah will smash them.

India has lost 1 series at home in 11 years. Has lost 3 in 32 years, but pakistan of all teams will whitewash India.

Some of the delusions these guys have and how they hype their players.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Not in the UAE and India.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Post 2010 India lost one series at home. India has been unbeaten since.

Pakistan lost tests to srilanka and WI and they will beat India in India. Lol.

Good luck finding a opener like Cook or a batsman like KP in pakistan.

Btw was Ajmal a chucker or not,?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The very fact that Pakistani fans always begin these threads suggests who wants to play the other to prove a point.

Whereas the other side is content in their superiority without needing to play hypothetical matches that haven't happened.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Ash and Jaddu ran over AB and Amla, but somehow Younis and Misbah will smash them.

India has lost 1 series at home in 11 years. Has lost 3 in 32 years, but pakistan of all teams will whitewash India.

Some of the delusions these guys have and how they hype their players.
    In the same series where Elgar and Tahir were running over India's batsmen. Luckily for India, they won all the tosses. Additionally, Younis is a better player of spin and a better batsman in Asia than either of those two great batsmen.

They've only lost 1 series at home in the last 11 years because they haven't played Pakistan. It's easy to defeat non-Asian teams in Asian conditions when you have a settled team. Pakistan were undefeated at home for several years as well, but of course you wouldn't know that.

Talk about delusions.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just checked the W/L ratios of teams from 1 Jan 2011 to 31 Dec 2015.

And that shows, Pakistan were clearly the better team than India in that period..

Pakistan had a W/L ratio of 1.67

India had a W/L ratio of 1.0

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...ults;type=team

So Pakistan certainly had a great chance of beating India back then.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who says that Pakistan would have beaten India post 2013 (after Ajmal was booted out by the ICC for chucking) with Yasir Shah as the lead spinner are just in denial and overly patriotic...

Leg spinners are mince meat for Indian batsman. And guys like zulfiqar Babar...well ....

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the same series where Elgar and Tahir were running over India's batsmen. Luckily for India, they won all the tosses. Additionally, Younis is a better player of spin and a better batsman in Asia than either of those two great batsmen.

They've only lost 1 series at home in the last 11 years because they haven't played Pakistan. It's easy to defeat non-Asian teams in Asian conditions when you have a settled team. Pakistan were undefeated at home for several years as well, but of course you wouldn't know that.

Talk about delusions.
    As i said you are talking about hypotheticals and things which did not happen.
    But in your heart you want Pakistan to beat India, which is understandable and you are presenting scenarios based on that. I respect that.
    But, I also believe that post 2010 Pakistan team has no chance against India in Test Matches.

So I will say and post what I believe will happen in this hypothetical situation, you can believe in whatever you want.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    The very fact that Pakistani fans always begin these threads suggests who wants to play the other to prove a point.

Whereas the other side is content in their superiority without needing to play hypothetical matches that haven't happened.
    These are hypotheticals only ofcourse, but you guys will remain behind Pakistan in H2H record.

That shows which side has been superior over the years.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shudder to think what Pant and Rohit would do to Pakistani bowlers

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Anyone who says that Pakistan would have beaten India post 2013 (after Ajmal was booted out by the ICC for chucking) with Yasir Shah as the lead spinner are just in denial and overly patriotic...

Leg spinners are mince meat for Indian batsman. And guys like zulfiqar Babar...well ....
    Pakistan could have beaten India in 2015 as well.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Post 2010 India lost one series at home. India has been unbeaten since.

Pakistan lost tests to srilanka and WI and they will beat India in India. Lol.

Good luck finding a opener like Cook or a batsman like KP in pakistan.

Btw was Ajmal a chucker or not,?
    India lost tests to O'Keefe and Dom Bess at home. Far worse than losing to Sri Lanka and West Indies, who have competent spinners in Herath and Narine. But of course, someone like you can't see that.

Younis Khan is objectively a better batsman against spin than either of those guys. The Pakistani batting is objectively better than the English in Asian conditions, but of course, your delusional attitude is to rubbish anything that is connected to Pakistan (except Pakpassion).

I know your brain won't allow it but stay on topic and do not bring up chucking again. This is not the thread for it.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post

And that shows, Pakistan were clearly the better team than India in that period..

Laughably fraud logic....

India toured Australia, England and South Africa twice in that period. Pak toured just south Africa once . Ofcourse their win loss would be better ...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look at what nz & SL done to Pak at uae; then imagine what pant would of done... pant would of taken off Pak bowlers trousers n pants!

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan could have beaten India in 2015 as well.
    Not with Yasir Shah and Zulfiqar Babar.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

What about guys like Monty Panesar, Imran Tahir, Dean Elgar, Steven O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon, Dom Bess, Jack Leach and Joe Root?

I know the brain has a tendency of omitting painful memories but maybe go have a look at what these world class bowlers have done to your batsmen in India.

Good to see you admitting India would lose to Pakistan before 2013. Put a little more thought into it and you'll see that Pakistan was the superior side in 2015 as well.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough of this paper talk.

Some real stats of real cricket played between two teams since 2010.

ODI:India won 10, Pakistan won 5
    T20: India won 6, Pakistan won 1

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India lost tests to O'Keefe and Dom Bess at home. Far worse than losing to Sri Lanka and West Indies, who have competent spinners in Herath and Narine. But of course, someone like you can't see that.

Younis Khan is objectively a better batsman against spin than either of those guys. The Pakistani batting is objectively better than the English in Asian conditions, but of course, your delusional attitude is to rubbish anything that is connected to Pakistan (except Pakpassion).

I know your brain won't allow it but stay on topic and do not bring up chucking again. This is not the thread for it.
    Pakistan's only chance to beat India was in the 2011-2015 period when India was in transition.

Pakistan's W/L ratio from 2011-15 is 1.67

India's W/L ratio from 2011-15 is 1.0

So Pakistan was clearly the better team in that period.

Post 2015, India has been the much better team and will be favorites against Pakistan, whether the series happens in Pakistan or in India.
    Last edited by szrana007; 5th March 2021 at 15:50.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    These are hypotheticals only ofcourse, but you guys will remain behind Pakistan in H2H record.

That shows which side has been superior over the years.
    No denying that. Enjoy the H2H record.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    As i said you are talking about hypotheticals and things which did not happen.
    But in your heart you want Pakistan to beat India, which is understandable and you are presenting scenarios based on that. I respect that.
    But, I also believe that post 2010 Pakistan team has no chance against India in Test Matches.

So I will say and post what I believe will happen in this hypothetical situation, you can believe in whatever you want.
    My hypothetical scenario is based on reality. Things like the quality of players involved, team form, realistic scenarios and history.

Your hypothetical scenario is based on what exactly?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's only chance to beat India was in the 2011-2015 period when India was in transition.

Pakistan's W/L ratio from 2011-15 is 1.67

India's W/L ratio from 2011-15 is 1.0

So Pakistan was clearly the better team in that period.

Post 2015, India has been the much better team and will be favorites against Pakistan, whether the series happens in Pakistan or in India.
    Yes, because now Pakistan is the team in transition. In a couple of years, the tables will flip yet again.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about guys like Monty Panesar, Imran Tahir, Dean Elgar, Steven O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon, Dom Bess, Jack Leach and Joe Root?

Except Monty, none of those have ever won a series in India. It wouldn't have been any different for Yasir and zulfi chacha...

And Monty is a miles better spinner than ZB even after not playing half of his games on SC wickets..

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hypothetical scenario is based on reality. Things like the quality of players involved, team form, realistic scenarios and history.

Your hypothetical scenario is based on what exactly?
    Mine is based on pathetic quality of Pakistan team post 2010.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, because now Pakistan is the team in transition. In a couple of years, the tables will flip yet again.
    Pakistan is in transition since 2015? quite a long transition period?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    Enough of this paper talk.

Some real stats of real cricket played between two teams since 2010.

ODI:India won 10, Pakistan won 5
    T20: India won 6, Pakistan won 1
    One-off ODIs and T20s have no bearing on a test series. If you do want to use LOIs as an indicator, a full series would be better. The only full series played between the two teams post-2012 ended in effigies being burnt in India.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing this since 2017 Bilal bro....

Kab aayega transition?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol at 3-0 you yourself know that you are kidding.
    Secondly 1-1 in 2021 really .
    Care for a player to player comparison.

Ashwin, Jaddu are better than all your spinners, home and away.

Bumrah, Ishant, Shami vs Hasan, Shaheen, some random pacer, this isn't even a contest.

Now come to batting
    Kohli, Pujara, Sharma, Gill, Pant vs........

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One-off ODIs and T20s have no bearing on a test series. If you do want to use LOIs as an indicator, a full series would be better. The only full series played between the two teams post-2012 ended in effigies being burnt in India.
    Funny. You are even twisting the real results to suit your hypothetical narration you have set in your biased mind.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Mine is based on pathetic quality of Pakistan team post 2010.
    So its based on nothing. Thank you for clarifying.

Pakistan is in transition since 2015? quite a long transition period?
    Since Misbah and Younis retired.

Except Monty, none of those have ever won a series in India. It wouldn't have been any different for Yasir and zulfi chacha...

And Monty is a miles better spinner than ZB even after not playing half of his games on SC wickets..
    None of them, including Monty, have ever won a test in the UAE/Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Funny. You are even twisting the real results to suit your hypothetical narration you have set in your biased mind.
    I'm not twisting anything. ODIs and T20s have little bearing on test series but it you do want to use LOIs, go watch highlights of the Aaney Do series again. Surely a full ODI series in India is a better indicator than a one-off WC match played in Australia?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of them, including Monty, have ever won a test in the UAE/Pakistan.

Yeah but the likes of Mark Craig, Bishoo, Botha, Somerville, Dilruwan, Ajaz Patel have....

What's your point?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Lol at 3-0 you yourself know that you are kidding.
    Secondly 1-1 in 2021 really .
    Care for a player to player comparison.

Ashwin, Jaddu are better than all your spinners, home and away.

Bumrah, Ishant, Shami vs Hasan, Shaheen, some random pacer, this isn't even a contest.

Now come to batting
    Kohli, Pujara, Sharma, Gill, Pant vs........

England almost won 3 tests in 2012. Pakistan would surely be in with a shot. Presently, India are the better team man-to-man but they have a lot of players out of form and Pakistan were the home side in my scenario.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2012 & 2015 agree, nothing can dislodge Younis & Misbah on a flat track. India did not have the bowlers who could pick wickets against then Pakistan's ATG batting line up.

2021: India will whitewash the current test team. Even with whatever flaws, India simply has far superior batsmen, bowlers and fielders. Their batting, bats really deep, 5-6 down means nothing, their bowlers capable of 50+ scores.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2012: 3-0 is a stretch because no one whitewashes India at home. I would go for 2-1 Pakistan or 1-1 draw.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not twisting anything. ODIs and T20s have little bearing on test series but it you do want to use LOIs, go watch highlights of the Aaney Do series again. Surely a full ODI series in India is a better indicator than a one-off WC match played in Australia?
    World cup matches are anytime more important than random ODIs.

Classic case of delusional fan living in past glory.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A Sri Lanka with Sanga, Mahela, Herath and a strong supporting caste. A world-class team, probably their best ever.

India, on the other hand, lost to an England side that got completely outplayed by Pakistan, with Sri Lanka also doing well against them.
    Transitivity doesn't work in cricket. Just because England beat us at home doesnt mean Pakistan would have done anything here.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England almost won 3 tests in 2012. Pakistan would surely be in with a shot. Presently, India are the better team man-to-man but they have a lot of players out of form and Pakistan were the home side in my scenario.
    Eng won 2-1 in 2012 and nobody had an upperhand in the drawn 4th test. Plus kolkata pitch was more suited to Eng. So Eng almost winning 3 tests is not true

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread just serves to show ridiculous it is that the two nations don't play each other, regardless of outcome. I, like many Pakistani supporters know that today India is comfortably the better team - especially considering India's depth.

However, I look at how England have had their moments in this series and reckon that between - Babar, Shaheen, Rizwan, Azhar, Hassan and Yasir - not to mention a couple of talented players coming through, that Pakistan too would have their moments.

SOUND the ALAM!

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing this since 2017 Bilal bro....

Kab aayega transition?
    Transition going on since 2015 and as per OP, it will last two more years.

2015- 2023. Epic transition period.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pretty much what happened in 000s. PK India matches are derby matches and they would take on a life of their own, so form isnt the best guide.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    World cup matches are anytime more important than random ODIs.

Classic case of delusional fan living in past glory.
    Most PK- Ind matches are like WC matches- And PK has been around 40% better.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is slightly better than India in test cricket....I agree

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Pretty much what happened in 000s. PK India matches are derby matches and they would take on a life of their own, so form isnt the best guide.
    Nah, in 2000's there wasn't as big a gap between the two sides as there is now. In 2000's both teams were pretty evenly matched.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Pakistan would have won in 2012 due to 2 reasons:

1. Indian team was woeful and over the hill.
    2. Ajmal with his old action. I will leave it at that

Rest, india would have prevailed imho.

2015 uae tour would have been very very interesting. The most fun of them all imho.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 5th March 2021 at 16:52.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2012 ( 2-1 to Pakistan)

2015 (2-1 to Pakistan or a 1-1 draw)

2018 ( 3-0 to India)

2021 ( 2-1 to India)

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    2021 indian team is just god awful at home.

Full of tailender level batting who were saved by lower order and Rohit.

We really need to do something about this.

Just that Pakistan is weak as hell right now.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with OP that Pakistan would have won 2 series, maybe 3 while India would have maybe managed to win 1.

Pakistan has been a top side with a settled combination in the last decade proved by their exemplary success in England. On the other hand, India has been inconsistent. Even today Pakistan’s pace attack is second to none led by Shaheen who’s the best all format bowler and Naseem Shah the 16 year old magical talent. Boys would have played well.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Who were the opposition and where were the tests played?

OP is talking about beating India in India and in asia.

So overall W/L ratio is immaterial.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who were the opposition and where were the tests played?

OP is talking about beating India in India and in asia.

So overall W/L ratio is immaterial.
    India was a team in transition back then, while Pakistan had a much settled team with Misbah,YK, peak Azhar, Shafiq, Ajmal/Yasir, Rehman etc.

And Pakistan did beat all the top teams (Aus, Eng, NZ,SL) in that period except SA.

In UAE, Pakistan won 7 out of 8 Tests against Aus and Eng in that period with 1 match being drawn, so that Pak side was pretty strong in Asian conditions.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India would've lost the series in 2012 under Dhoni. It was a team made up of washed up players and players too early into their careers.

Kohli's team would start as clear favourites against Pakistan with or without Misbah and YK.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    India would've lost the series in 2012 under Dhoni. It was a team made up of washed up players and players too early into their careers.

Kohli's team would start as clear favourites against Pakistan with or without Misbah and YK.
    Who do you think would have won the series between the two teams in UAE in 2015, if it happened ?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India miss all those years without playing with pakistan. Else all the hammering will pakistan get.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who do you think would have won the series between the two teams in UAE in 2015, if it happened ?
    India.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also funny how OP chose just those specific years.

Like why 2012 and not 2013, the year in which we beat Australia 4-0 and Pakistan lost a Test to Mugabe's Zimbabwe in addition to losing by an innings margin to South Africa in the UAE....

Or 2014 where they got swept by Sri Lanka and lost a test by an innings margin to a certain Mark Craig,

Why 2015 and not 2016-17, the period which saw us win 16 while losing just 1 test and Pakistan lose multiple Tests to West Indies and a clean sweep in the UAE against SL....

Got to say , OP's time selection is mucb smarter than we give him credit for.
    Last edited by Mesozoic; 5th March 2021 at 17:31.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    India.
    Fair enough, but I am leaning towards a 1-1 draw since in 2015 it was an early Kohli side, which hadn't yet established its dominance. Kohli's team's peak came later.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of test careers would have been destroyed too.
    The likes of Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli and Pujara would probably have been dropped from India's test side had they played consistently against Pakistan since 2010.

So really India should thank its lucky stars that their Government decided to politicise sport.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    A lot of test careers would have been destroyed too.
    The likes of Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli and Pujara would probably have been dropped from India's test side had they played consistently against Pakistan since 2010.

So really India should thank its lucky stars that their Government decided to politicise sport.

Oh the irony of this.