Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is a better ODI batsman than all those young taluunt that we have.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Besides, the exclusion of Imad Wasim has also left Babar thoroughly disappointed,” they said. “He wanted Imad in the T20 Squad but selectors replaced him with Mohamamd Nawaz in all three formats while talented spinner Zahid Mehmood was also dro*pped from the T20 Squad despite his fine performance against South Africa in home series which has irked Babar no end.”

Can totally understand Babar's frustration. Both exclusions are absolutely senseless.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Imad Wasim - not that bad is he?

Name:  a3c8bc7c-ce8b-4467-bade-8dba5bd77147.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  155.7 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Imad became a passenger. No room for passengers.

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    so PP has gone from calling Imad, fat dart thrower to the next asian bradman..lol

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think he will be such a big miss. Nawaz is a more than adequate replacement. Imad's batting is slightly overrated in my opinion, he gets pushed down the order so far for Pakistan and KK that he barely bats, and even when he does, he's not done much of note (aside from that brilliant one over of batting vs Afghanistan in WC 2019, but even then he was quite lucky with poor bowling and fielding).

He's certainly a solid, economical bowler in the powerplay, but not much of a wicket-taking threat, and hardly bowls outside of the powerplay. I'd rather strike bowlers in the powerplay.

Nawaz can pretty much do the same thing, so not too fussed on the Imad vs Nawaz debate. There are more pressing matters in terms of the personnel our T20 side.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both imad and nawaz are similar bowlers.

Imad is a economical bowler who gets decent runs down the order.

Nawaz can turn the ball and is economical and ok batter with limited opportunity.nawaz is a gun fielder

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Looking ahead, Imad has PSL 6 to prove himself - plenty of cricket to be played in that tournament. Hopefully he will rise up to the challenge and not indulge in another Amir like episode.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    More on this from Mohammad Wasim in the coming days.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How does Imad not walk into this batting lineup

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL this is the guy who is supposed to replace Imad?

What an absolutely useless innings.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    LOL this is the guy who is supposed to replace Imad?

What an absolutely useless innings.
    I don't recall any contributions from Nawaz for so many games he has played already

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Misbah has to play Asif Ali and Nawaz

then play Hasan Ali and Amir

at least these 2 willl score better than the former

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    I don't recall any contributions from Nawaz for so many games he has played already
    He has one fifty and a batting average of 22. And he's replacing a guy averaging over 40 with a SR of 100+

But ofcourse Mohammad Wasim will tell you its a 'like for like' replacement.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems really stupid not at least including Imad in the squad. Batting alone, he's the only middle order batsman with a decent record, the rest are unproven or plain bad. And at 7 especially, the rest of the options, Shadab, Faheem, Nawaz etc. do extremely bad.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Imad is miles better as a batsmen than Asif Ali, Danish Aziz, Nawaz and mufta Shadab.

Muhamamd Wasim is clearly favoring his pindi/united boys.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad was clearly not left out on cricketing reasons, somewhere he has rubbed up the wrong person and Mo Wasim is 'teaching him a lesson'.

Only in Pakistan can a gun LOI player be replaced by a club cricketer like Nawaz.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another reminder how deluded Mohammad Wasim is and how poorly he understands the game.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes far and away a better batsman than nawaz Theres no contest

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Wasim wasn't happy with Imad's rigidity of his bowling. He wanted him to get better at bowling in different situations, in different parts of the innings, instead of just bowling with the new ball.

In the 22nd and 24th overs, Mohammad Nawaz claimed the wickets of both participants of the 50-run partnership between Malan and Bavuma. Crucial breakthrough as SA were getting back into the game. I am not confident that Imad can do the same.

Batting is a different story, but bowling-wise, Imad has his limitations.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit to Nawaz. He bowled very well in this match and justified his selection.

Doesn't change the fact that Imad is good enough to make the side as a batsman. And that Nawaz can't bat.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Mohammad Wasim wasn't happy with Imad's rigidity of his bowling. He wanted him to get better at bowling in different situations, in different parts of the innings, instead of just bowling with the new ball.

In the 22nd and 24th overs, Mohammad Nawaz claimed the wickets of both participants of the 50-run partnership between Malan and Bavuma. Crucial breakthrough as SA were getting back into the game. I am not confident that Imad can do the same.

Batting is a different story, but bowling-wise, Imad has his limitations.
    Exactly which is why Wasim has been such a good selector.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Exactly which is why Wasim has been such a good selector.
    Leaving his bowling to one side On batting alone imad should be in the team You cant say the likes of asif safraz and nawaz are better batsmen than him in the late middle order

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Leaving his bowling to one side On batting alone imad should be in the team You cant say the likes of asif safraz and nawaz are better batsmen than him in the late middle order
    He needs more consistent runs for me in ODIs but yes i agree that Imad is better with the bat.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top performance from nawaz silenced all the haters

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yet another reminder how deluded Mohammad Wasim is and how poorly he understands the game.
    Still think M. Wasim is understanding the game poorly?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still think M. Wasim is understanding the game poorly?
    He never understood it to begin with

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who did before him, Inzamam?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did before him, Inzamam?
    Hmm let's see, who selected Fakhar Zaman, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Rumman Raees for the CT when everyone was calling for TTFs to be brought back?

Who selected Hasan Ali? Who brought back Haris Sohail? Who gave that tainted snake Amir chance after chance until he finally repaid the debt at the World Cup?

Who is responsible for Pakistan having an established top-order in ODIs today?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmm let's see, who selected Fakhar Zaman, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Rumman Raees for the CT when everyone was calling for TTFs to be brought back?

Who selected Hasan Ali? Who brought back Haris Sohail? Who gave that tainted snake Amir chance after chance until he finally repaid the debt at the World Cup?

Who is responsible for Pakistan having an established top-order in ODIs today?
    Who's responsible for giving Usman Salhuddin and Saad Ali 1 test match and then dropping them like a bad habit?

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I guess you are joking. Times and again we have seen Misbah and Waqar start with wrong combination and only select the better choice after failures.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's responsible for giving Usman Salhuddin and Saad Ali 1 test match and then dropping them like a bad habit?
    Lol that's all you got after I wrote 5 lines? You could have just mentioned how he didn't select Fawad Alam.

At any rate, Inzamam with all his shortcomings understood the game better than Wasim ever will. For one thing he understood that inorder to build a team you need to identify a select number of guys and give them consistent chances. He didn't select like 9 new players every series

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden arm View Post
    I guess you are joking. Times and again we have seen Misbah and Waqar start with wrong combination and only select the better choice after failures.
    I am being 100% serious

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol that's all you got after I wrote 5 lines? You could have just mentioned how he didn't select Fawad Alam.

At any rate, Inzamam with all his shortcomings understood the game better than Wasim ever will. For one thing he understood that inorder to build a team you need to identify a select number of guys and give them consistent chances. He didn't select like 9 new players every series
    Still i like the fact Wasim has given a weighting to domestic cricket and can't argue with results thus far.

Heck i'll be honest i'm just happy some of my favourites are getting a go but am also happy with some players grabbing chances.

I don't like the consistent run stuff that people do, I mean Azhar Ali did nothing for 12 innings and he was retained anybody else would've dropped him tomorrow.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still i like the fact Wasim has given a weighting to domestic cricket and can't argue with results thus far.

Heck i'll be honest i'm just happy some of my favourites are getting a go but am also happy with some players grabbing chances.

I don't like the consistent run stuff that people do, I mean Azhar Ali did nothing for 12 innings and he was retained anybody else would've dropped him tomorrow.
    Can you name one successful team that was successful without giving a select group of players consistent chances? Just name one.

And no, they wouldn't have. Look at your team. Azhar Ali is a world-class batsman who is the 5th leading run-scorer in Tests for Pakistan ever. 12 innings can't wash away everything he has accomplished for Pakistan.

When I hear your arguments I don't think you seem to understand cricket at all. I mean I was accusing Wasim of not understanding cricket but he is pretty high on the bar compared to you. Because your arguments are juvenile and lacking in basic logic, and not to mention completely false. Wasim is not the first chief-selector who selected players based on their domestic performances. Literally every chief-selector in history has given weightage to domestic cricket. Even more so before the advent of PSL.

Also its quite ridiculous that you are attributing the results to the chief-selector, as if the coach, management and captain don't matter at all. When in reality they have had the biggest role to play in a team's success.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you name one successful team that was successful without giving a select group of players consistent chances? Just name one.

And no, they wouldn't have. Look at your team. Azhar Ali is a world-class batsman who is the 5th leading run-scorer in Tests for Pakistan ever. 12 innings can't wash away everything he has accomplished for Pakistan.

When I hear your arguments I don't think you seem to understand cricket at all. I mean I was accusing Wasim of not understanding cricket but he is pretty high on the bar compared to you. Because your arguments are juvenile and lacking in basic logic, and not to mention completely false. Wasim is not the first chief-selector who selected players based on their domestic performances. Literally every chief-selector in history has given weightage to domestic cricket. Even more so before the advent of PSL.

Also its quite ridiculous that you are attributing the results to the chief-selector, as if the coach, management and captain don't matter at all. When in reality they have had the biggest role to play in a team's success.
    Whatever you say Mamoon 2.0

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nawaz has vindicated M Wasim.

Imad Wasim had taken his place for granted in the national side and needed this drop. He will be there in next T20 squad and hopefully we will see improvement.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever you say Mamoon 2.0
    Hahaha. The fact that you don't have any answers validates everything I said. So good on you for admitting that, even if it was through a passive-aggressive way

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. The fact that you don't have any answers validates everything I said. So good on you for admitting that, even if it was through a passive-aggressive way
    ok

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad is not a world beater by any means. Iím not even saying we wouldnít have lost today if it wasnít for him. But you cannot drop him, say he has some limitations, and then go and pick Mohammad Nawaz as your all rounder. Terrible decision to drop him by Mohammad Wasim and clearly reeks of personal bias and favouritism. Imad is a must for Pakistan in T20Is and is even the 7th ranked ODI all rounder in the world. Wasim clearly tried to make some sort of statement by dropping him, but itís backfired completely.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Line and Length View Post
    Imad is not a world beater by any means. Iím not even saying we wouldnít have lost today if it wasnít for him. But you cannot drop him, say he has some limitations, and then go and pick Mohammad Nawaz as your all rounder. Terrible decision to drop him by Mohammad Wasim and clearly reeks of personal bias and favouritism. Imad is a must for Pakistan in T20Is and is even the 7th ranked ODI all rounder in the world. Wasim clearly tried to make some sort of statement by dropping him, but itís backfired completely.
    I don't think he left any qualms about bias when he failed to justify Imad's exclusion based on facts.

What's sad is that a guy like this is allowed to be chief-selector. And whenever he wants to mislead the journalists and the fans he puts on a suit and fires up a PowerPoint presentation where he shows us the stats he has selectively chosen.

What's ironic is that he didn't compare Imad Wasim's T20I numbers to Nawaz's T20I numbers on his little laptop. But plucked out Abdullah Shafique's 2nd XI stats to justify his place in the Test side.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Huge decision by Mohammad Wasim and may come back to bite him later.