Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"Everything is not about fitness, your skills also count" : Sharjeel Khan

Sharjeel speaking to the press:

Fitness issues

"There is no issue of fitness as such; I have played in the domestic season and have been playing cricket for the past 7 months - I have played 8 FC games, 11 T20s, 5 PSL games, 7 OD games in the Pakistan Cup; Thanks to the Almighty, my fitness has not been the cause of any any problem in any of these games"

"Every player has different requirements for fitness, and I am following the fitness plans given to me by domestic teams and the Pakistan team, and I will do my best to achieve the required fitness levels"

"Yesterday I did a fitness session which was designed specifically for me and I hope to achieve the benchmark set for the team very soon; I did 15 kms of running overall in the day"

"Being a sportsperson I am working on fitness but not ignoring my batting as I batted for 2 hours yesterday"

"Everything is not about fitness, your skills also count; Fitness is important and I am working on improving it and have been doing all season"

Did he encounter any bad feelings on return to the Pakistan dressing room

"All these players I am with are ones I have been playing in domestic cricket and I have been welcomed well and also been given a lot of support by the management and team - its a good environment and I am feeling very well"

About the time he spent away from cricket

"The past is the past, my only focus now is to perform well and my target has always been to play my natural game and to win games with my good performances"

Batting targets

"This is my first tour of South Africa and I have been selected for the T20 squad and its my aim to perform in a way that helps the team win"

"I always have short term targets, and my current target is to do well in Lahore camp; When I go to South Africa, I will make other targets once I have seen the conditions there"

Any extra pressure to perform?

"There is no such thing as no one (from team management) has spoken to me about this - My own focus has always been on my performance"

Working with experienced coaching staff

"All these players have been our legends, and its everyone's wish to learn from them; I have spent a lot of time with Misbah during PSL and also played alongside him in international cricket; I am quite happy to learn as much as I can from Misbah as I do talk to him a lot about this"

How is he preparing to play his pull shots on fast SA pitches

"Every player has one shot that they play well - some can drive, others can cut and pull well; In my case, I only play the ball on merit; If you try and think about your favourite shots only then you will get deceived by the bowler"

Looking to play Test and ODIs

"I have been selected for T20Is so that is my only focus at the moment; The idea is to perform really well in T20Is and then step by step look to play in ODIs and Tests but the fact is that the competition is very tough for those formats"

Weakness outside the off stump

"I don't think there is any such problem for me - if you look at the 8 FC QeA matches, I don't recall being out playing any ball which was outside my off stump; I have scored over 650 runs in FC and have stood at the wicket at times when the ball has swung all day; A player always has to keep on working on his skills, regardless of whatever strengths he has"
    Last edited by Saj; 23rd March 2021 at 22:57.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Says the guy who averaged in the 20s against the major teams in international cricket.

Sharjeel has to be the most unlikeable cricketer Pakistan has produced in the last few years: poor player, awful fitness levels, terrible attitude and a fixer on top of that.

The fact that he has been provided another pathway into international cricket at this stage of his career shows where Pakistan’s priorities lie.

The only hope is that Misbah ensures that this sack of potatoes does not get a game. He doesn’t even have the fitness to carry drinks and towels.

Sharjeel getting picked in the squad and then getting dropped forever without getting a chance in the playing XI would be poetic justice and the treatment that he deserves.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brother you need both in cricket skills plus fitness then you become virat kohli otherwise you become umar akmar

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see him running 15KM a day without having knee pains. Hes 112KG at 5'9... thats ridiculous.. hes either hiding the pain (i dont think so) or hes lying...

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to lose about 15 KG

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    15km a day

Are they preparing him to become a power hitter opener or a half marathon runner?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got to hand it to the health and conditioning staff at PCB. You finally find a player that might be suitable to help you match the aggressive batting standards of ECB, CSA, ACB, NZCB and BCCI....but they seem hell bent on wanting to turn him into Shan Masood

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    He needs to lose about 15 KG
    More like he needs 15kg of burgers/chicken a day !!

Doesn’t matter old boy as long as you can give us 40 (20) every other game.. rather have a beefy sharjeel than pathetic imam & masooood..

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    More like he needs 15kg of burgers/chicken a day !!

Doesn’t matter old boy as long as you can give us 40 (20) every other game.. rather have a beefy sharjeel than pathetic imam & masooood..
    It very much does matter. No point in him scoring 40 if he gives away 40 runs in the field because he can't run after the ball or dive.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s only T-20s apart from pak no other nation takes this format seriously, teams usually put out there C D teams..

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its not all about fitness but there is a benchmark for it which the best achieve and im afraid he doesnt make it

Can he taking a running diving catch on the boundary? Can he stop a quick single in the ring? Can he run 3 x 2 runs in a row without it affecting him causing him to get out through tiredness?

These factors are important in the shorter format Not just skills

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am starting to get annoyed by this fitness talk. In principle Sharjeel needs to take ownership of his fitness. If he wants to make half a career then why not work hard on the fitness discipline?

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I am starting to get annoyed by this fitness talk. In principle Sharjeel needs to take ownership of his fitness. If he wants to make half a career then why not work hard on the fitness discipline?
    Work hard and discipline! It's not easy. There is no doubt Sharjeel has a good eye and can hit the ball hard but that is natural ability and sometimes it will come off, mostly it won't. But to be more consistent and valuable you need to work hard and that means you don't eat parathas, halwa puri, kebabs etc every day. It is clearly beyond Sharjeel, especially if he is justifying it instead of recognising it as a problem he needs to work on.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes everything is not about fitness and skills come into play however, fitness is one thing which if you are dedicated enough you can improve. Skillset after a certain point is not a controllable factor, someone who isnt naturally very gifted cant do much about it but one thing he can do is to make optimal use of his skills and work on controllable factors like his fitness.

While I believe Sharjeel can play a knock on his day which can possibly tilt the match in his side's favor but, at the same time he should keep working on the controllable factors to have a reasonable career from here on. Pak is short on options in batting department so Sharjeel makes the team but, he should use this opportunity to prove his dedication and nothing would do it more than him improving his fitness.

I believe how hard you work upon the controllable factors reflect your overall dedication towards the game, nobody expects Sharjeel to become a supreme athlete but enough that fitness doesnt remain a big weakness.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    Work hard and discipline! It's not easy. There is no doubt Sharjeel has a good eye and can hit the ball hard but that is natural ability and sometimes it will come off, mostly it won't. But to be more consistent and valuable you need to work hard and that means you don't eat parathas, halwa puri, kebabs etc every day. It is clearly beyond Sharjeel, especially if he is justifying it instead of recognising it as a problem he needs to work on.
    Tough to change when inzimams name keeps coming up.

Inzimam was and is not a diciplined induvidual, his excuse for being fat was he loves to eat food. Basically a glutton.

Dude was not diciplined with his diet. Sharjeel can keep saying inzi was fat and get away with it because our public is okay with mediocre players and mediocre mindsets.
    Last edited by Sir-fraz; 23rd March 2021 at 18:31.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entitlement of this man is hilariously pathetic

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No everything is not fitness but what your excuse for being so over wait.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir-fraz View Post
    I dont see him running 15KM a day without having knee pains. Hes 112KG at 5'9... thats ridiculous.. hes either hiding the pain (i dont think so) or hes lying...
    He's 5'11 in fact.

I mean ideally he should weight around the 13.5-14 stone mark but he needs to start getting in the mindset that exercise should be seen as a necessity rather than a chore.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitness is nor everything , but that does not mean you end up weighing 112 kgs !

Will be huge liability on the field & running between wickets on big grounds. You don't need to have 8 pack abs like Kohli but there should be some minimum standards like ability to run mile in 8 mins !

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NishanKonar View Post
    Fitness is nor everything , but that does not mean you end up weighing 112 kgs !

Will be huge liability on the field & running between wickets on big grounds. You don't need to have 8 pack abs like Kohli but there should be some minimum standards like ability to run mile in 8 mins !
    It's too much i've weighed more than that and can say it's no picnic and neither does it feel remotely good.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    689 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you are playing LOI you need the fitness to run.. unless you think you can hit every ball for a boundary?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    If you are playing LOI you need the fitness to run.. unless you think you can hit every ball for a boundary?
    And what about when you are fielding on the boundary? We are already so horrible at fielding, where are we going to hide this 112kg man on the field

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At this point all he can hope is that Azam Khan gets into the team. Then people will stop talking about his fitness and focus elsewhere. He can showcase his skills without pressure.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might even get a 60(30) on a good day but won’t be able to convert those into daddy 100’s with that fitness and running.

Also the runs he will leak as a fielder.

Shaw is probably 10 times the player as Sharjeel but India have taken the right call with him due to his fitness.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHAT SKILLS?
    I guess he must be talking about his fixing skills here because last time I checked he was an ordinary player who is only good to play a few good strokes & once in a while he comes up with a century in PSL where the standard of cricket is not of the top level.

If Pakistan had any shame or talent this guy would be nowhere near a return in international cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Would love to see what Sharjeel can actually do with excellent fitness

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi speaking to the press today

"I have always supported Sharjeel Khan as he is a match winner and his innings can win games for Pakistan but, the criteria for fitness needs to be the same for all players"

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop this rubbish, he is same like Aaron Finch, biffig athelete. If he is performing, thats fine and Alhamdullilah he is performing

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryw View Post
    Stop this rubbish, he is same like Aaron Finch, biffig athelete. If he is performing, thats fine and Alhamdullilah he is performing
    Hes not an athlete Hes fat

Its not fine thats hes batting well alone This isnt the 90s anymore The games moved on

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One fifty and everyone here will take an u-turn and forget whatever they said in the past.

I think Sharjeel also knows this.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets hope he improves himself.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are all the top players in the world fit and in good shape? Fitness does matter. There is no excuse for this fixer to be in such awful shape. Especially as he was banned so he could have worked on his fitness during that period.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Aaron Finch's weight is 85 to 90 kgs at 5 feet 10. Sharjeel is 112 at 5 feet 11

Not even the same ball park

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The key word being "also". Skills also count, along with other things like fitness and not being a convicted spot-fixer. Well, for other countries it does

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    People need to let go of the fixing thing. It was just a PSL game and that too playing for Islamabad United.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    He's 5'11 in fact.

I mean ideally he should weight around the 13.5-14 stone mark but he needs to start getting in the mindset that exercise should be seen as a necessity rather than a chore.
    At this point ive heard too many opinions on his height, from 5'7 to 5'9 and now hes 5'11.

Babar is like 5'7 next time i see them beside each other ill see lol

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Aaron Finch's weight is 85 to 90 kgs at 5 feet 10. Sharjeel is 112 at 5 feet 11

Not even the same ball park
    I dont think sharjeel is 5'11
    Jury is still out on his height lol. Funnily enough how can icc or espncricinfo not the players heights..

Also finch has a lot.of muscle on his frame.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any normal sportsman would have been mortified if his fitness (or rather lack of one) was making more headlines than his skill & would have acknowledged & voluntarily taken corrective measures, but Sir Sharjeel is still in denial mode. For some reason, Pak cricketers seem to think their ‘tailunt’ can make up for all the other stuff- fitness, commitment, sportsmanship & that they are entitled to a spot regardless of other unsavory stuff just because they can hit a fifty. The sense of entitlement is astounding!

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You clearly cannot differentiate between body types

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aaron Finch is cricket fit and has tried losing weight. Furthermore you don't need to hide Finch in the field like you would with the fixer. And most importantly Finch is a much better player than Sharjeel.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At this point ive heard too many opinions on his height, from 5'7 to 5'9 and now hes 5'11.

Babar is like 5'7 next time i see them beside each other ill see lol
    Height on Google says he's 1.8m which is 5'11 (don't know what to believe but i think he's a little taller than 5'7 certainly).

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Karachi, Mar 23 (PTI) Pakistan opener Sharjeel Khan has been told that his place in the playing eleven will depend on whether he can show some improvement in his fitness by April 9, a day before the T20 series begins in South Africa.
    Sharjeel, who was picked in the Pakistan T20 squad for the four games in South Africa and another three in Zimbabwe, has also been told he will not play the intra-squad matches in Lahore before the team''s departure for Johannesburg on 28th March.

"Sharjeel has been given a personal trainer and batting coach, Younis Khan himself. Fitness freak has been put in charge of his overall training in a bid to improve the opener''s fitness before the T20 series in South Africa," a source aware of the developments said on Monday.

Sharjeel''s selection after he performed well in the recent Pakistan Super League 6 matches has been questioned by some former players and critics who believe his fitness is not up to the level required to play international cricket.

Sharjeel, who completed a two and a half year ban for spot-fixing before resuming his career last year, was seen doing laps and working hard on his fitness under the supervision of Younis and the trainer at the Gaddafi stadium on Monday.

A former Test batsman, who is close to the national selection committee, however, voiced his concern over the deadline set for Sharjeel.

"I am hearing he has been told to shed at least 10 kilograms weight by the deadline if this is true they don''t realize losing weight means it will also affect his batting as batting also requires a lot of endurance, stamina and muscle power," the player said.

He felt that instead of setting deadlines the team management should work on improving Sharjeel''s fitness slowly so that he doesn''t lose strength, stamina etc.

Chief selector, Muhammad Wasim had made it clear recently that Sharjeel was picked on the call of captain, Babar Azam and head coach, Misbah ul Haq, who felt he was an impact player in the T20 format and they could improve his fitness if he stayed with the squad.

During his last virtual press conference, Babar confirmed what Wasim had said and added that while Sharjeel was a bit on the healthy side but he would not be a liability on the field.

Many see Sharjeel as a key impact player as Pakistan start preparing for the World T20 Cup to be held in India in October. PTI Cor ATK ATK

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...itness/2051703

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol the PCB, the selectors, the team management wanted Sharjeel so badly, they are prepared to baby sit him

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhtar speaking on TV:

“Show your guts. Be a man and go on the field, it is time for payback. Sharjeel has all the shots in the book. All he needs is confidence. Don’t let the pressure get the better of you. He should allow himself to display his talent"

“If he goes on to become a fitter player and a reliable opener, it will solve half of Pakistan team’s problems. Currently, there is a lot of load on Babar Azam"

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Karachi, Mar 23 (PTI) Pakistan opener Sharjeel Khan has been told that his place in the playing eleven will depend on whether he can show some improvement in his fitness by April 9, a day before the T20 series begins in South Africa.
    Sharjeel, who was picked in the Pakistan T20 squad for the four games in South Africa and another three in Zimbabwe, has also been told he will not play the intra-squad matches in Lahore before the team''s departure for Johannesburg on 28th March.

"Sharjeel has been given a personal trainer and batting coach, Younis Khan himself. Fitness freak has been put in charge of his overall training in a bid to improve the opener''s fitness before the T20 series in South Africa," a source aware of the developments said on Monday.

Sharjeel''s selection after he performed well in the recent Pakistan Super League 6 matches has been questioned by some former players and critics who believe his fitness is not up to the level required to play international cricket.

Sharjeel, who completed a two and a half year ban for spot-fixing before resuming his career last year, was seen doing laps and working hard on his fitness under the supervision of Younis and the trainer at the Gaddafi stadium on Monday.

A former Test batsman, who is close to the national selection committee, however, voiced his concern over the deadline set for Sharjeel.

"I am hearing he has been told to shed at least 10 kilograms weight by the deadline if this is true they don''t realize losing weight means it will also affect his batting as batting also requires a lot of endurance, stamina and muscle power," the player said.

He felt that instead of setting deadlines the team management should work on improving Sharjeel''s fitness slowly so that he doesn''t lose strength, stamina etc.

Chief selector, Muhammad Wasim had made it clear recently that Sharjeel was picked on the call of captain, Babar Azam and head coach, Misbah ul Haq, who felt he was an impact player in the T20 format and they could improve his fitness if he stayed with the squad.

During his last virtual press conference, Babar confirmed what Wasim had said and added that while Sharjeel was a bit on the healthy side but he would not be a liability on the field.

Many see Sharjeel as a key impact player as Pakistan start preparing for the World T20 Cup to be held in India in October. PTI Cor ATK ATK

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...itness/2051703

LOL

Who is this player who thinks getting fit and not being obese is bad for your endurance, stamina and muscle power. No wonder they stayed anonymous with such a ridiculous statement.

Sharjeel, i'd say needs to lose 15kg - they've given him a target of 10, which is fine for now.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Tell him to go turn that fat into muscle in the gym, no need to lose weight just gain muscle. Stand and deliver 10 rpo Sharjeel hammer time.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous thing for a professional 'athlete' to say. If you have Tendulkar-level skills, then maybe you can get away with being as overweight as Sharjeel is, but he has no excuse. No one is saying he needs to be 10% bodyfat, but around 15-17% is necessary for a cricketer, I should think.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So on top of being an unreliable hack, someone with zero discipline, awful fitness levels and a fixer; he also has a bad attitude.

And remind me again what skills does he have? Playing one great innings every very 5-10 games does not make you a skillful player. It makes you an unreliable hack.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Didn't do too well in the 50 over game today - just 19.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Seems he will have to wait but all depends on how Pakistan do today - collapse today and we should see Sharjeel playing next game

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems Sharjeel's big chance might just happen today itself. Fakhar Zaman is apparently not well.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a genius. What happens when your lack of fitness prevents your upper body to twist to hit the ball square or you are too slow to switch from Right to left or if you are huffing/puffing completing the second run.
    The bloke is brilliant and has it all sorted out

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fitCricFan View Post
    What a genius. What happens when your lack of fitness prevents your upper body to twist to hit the ball square or you are too slow to switch from Right to left or if you are huffing/puffing completing the second run.
    The bloke is brilliant and has it all sorted out
    He's not meant for running or long innings. He'll pinch hit a few and eventually gas out and get out.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel Khan c Markram b Linde 8(12)
    Didn't end well

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightWatchman View Post
    He's not meant for running or long innings. He'll pinch hit a few and eventually gas out and get out.
    Well he did not run much in this innings that is for sure.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a lame way to get out

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Should bat at 6 instead

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Well he did not run much in this innings that is for sure.
    He can't run and can't bat. "Skills also count". I have no idea what skills he's talking about

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him the next t20 too so we can finally drop his low iq....

My biggest issue is with his lazy attitude and mindset. He was banned for 2 years and had the perfect opportunity to work on his fitness.

But he didnt and thats where he lost my support. He shouldve never been given a chance because he was more unfit then before he was banned. Inexcusable.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol chastening reply to the hypetrain that was needlessly overhyping him.

Said it before; he's too much of a hit or miss and terrible at strike rotation.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Give him the next t20 too so we can finally drop his low iq....

My biggest issue is with his lazy attitude and mindset. He was banned for 2 years and had the perfect opportunity to work on his fitness.

But he didnt and thats where he lost my support. He shouldve never been given a chance because he was more unfit then before he was banned. Inexcusable.
    Exactly this. He's got the skill, there's no doubt about it. However, he had 2 years to work on himself, instead, he came back with a greater body fat percentage than before. Goes to show his low IQ and lack of dedication to the national spot.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's cheating on his diet. He looked the same.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel khan is corrupted. He took money for spot fixing.

Shame on all those people who support Sharjeel Khan.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if Asif Ali and Danish got chances then Sharjeel certainly gets a few more.

Don't write him off. He had innings in the PSL which started out like he did today then he absolutely smashed it. And let's face it, Pakistan need him to come good because there is nobody else.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this guy missed 2 dives and failed to save 2 boundaries because "fitness is not everything". Then he messes up a simple catch in the outfield

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so glad he's proving to all his clueless advocates he doesn't belong in the teak

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Always was & always will be a rubbish cricketer.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those who've been shouting for his return are in for a reality check

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He definitely is not in some people’s good books for various various reasons but now he is selected he should be given a few more games or at least one more .

Someone making a comeback brings it own pressures and axing them or judging them after one game is very unfair .

This is my thinking for every international cricket er being selected.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    This dropped - well unattempted - catch was truly disgraceful

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKhan View Post
    He definitely is not in some people’s good books for various various reasons but now he is selected he should be given a few more games or at least one more .

Someone making a comeback brings it own pressures and axing them or judging them after one game is very unfair .

This is my thinking for every international cricket er being selected.
    Yep, today though it was a complete brain fade for him, today just showed how Misbah is right about fitness levels.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    This dropped - well unattempted - catch was truly disgraceful

Unbelievable! However good a batsman he might be, such poor fielding in unacceptable in modern day cricket. Should be shown the door ASAP.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Give the guy a break will you all.

It was his first international game for Pakistan after a while and first game on tour.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was his first game in SA.

Though it doesn't seem likely with this management, but I hope Sharjeel gets more chances in this tour.
    Accumulators like Babar and Rizwan ain't going to win you any world cups.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Give the guy a break will you all.

It was his first international game for Pakistan after a while and first game on tour.
    We know he is a deeply mediocre batsman but even if gets a pass on the way he played today, the effort that he put in the field is inexcusable.

It has nothing to do with how long it has been since he last played for Pakistan.

He is obese and does not belong on a cricket field. He will always be a complete liability in the field.

You can safely add an extra run every time the ball goes to him, and he is not a great catcher either.

That combined with that fact that has zero batting intelligence means he is simply un-selectable.

Misbah was 100% right to ignore him as CS and it is yet another idiotic decision by Mohammad “PowerPoint” Wasim who was trying to make himself look very smart and some visionary genius because Sharjeel is somehow a “match-winner”.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    It was his first game in SA.

Though it doesn't seem likely with this management, but I hope Sharjeel gets more chances in this tour.
    Accumulators like Babar and Rizwan ain't going to win you any world cups.
    Neither will a rubbish hack like Sharjeel.

Rizwan and Babar, their limitations notwithstanding, are 10x better and more effective batsmen than this sack of potatoes.

Not to mention the fact that he is probably the biggest liability in the field in the world.

It amazes me that people still vouch for his selection.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We know he is a deeply mediocre batsman but even if gets a pass on the way he played today, the effort that he put in the field is inexcusable.

It has nothing to do with how long it has been since he last played for Pakistan.

He is obese and does not belong on a cricket field. He will always be a complete liability in the field.

You can safely add an extra run every time the ball goes to him, and he is not a great catcher either.

That combined with that fact that has zero batting intelligence means he is simply un-selectable.

Misbah was 100% right to ignore him as CS and it is yet another idiotic decision by Mohammad “PowerPoint” Wasim who was trying to make himself look very smart and some visionary genius because Sharjeel is somehow a “match-winner”.
    Sharjeel is a power hitter and a quality hack.

I agree he lacks batting intelligence or even general intelligence (otherwise he would worked very hard on fitness during the time he was banned or even accepted the peanuts for the stupid fixing he did).

Having said that i have no doubt Sharjeel will score a blazing 100 very soon which you will call a fluke. I rather have an unintelligent power hitter in T20 format rather than a deeply intelligent batsman who cant hit the damn ball. Sharjeel needs to be with the team and needs a mentor like Younus Khan to get him back in shape. Not concerned about his fielding. i have already seen at least half a dozen dollies dropped by the supposedly fit SA players in the ODIs / T20s thus far.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel is a power hitter and a quality hack.

I agree he lacks batting intelligence or even general intelligence (otherwise he would worked very hard on fitness during the time he was banned or even accepted the peanuts for the stupid fixing he did).

Having said that i have no doubt Sharjeel will score a blazing 100 very soon which you will call a fluke. I rather have an unintelligent power hitter in T20 format rather than a deeply intelligent batsman who cant hit the damn ball. Sharjeel needs to be with the team and needs a mentor like Younus Khan to get him back in shape. Not concerned about his fielding. i have already seen at least half a dozen dollies dropped by the supposedly fit SA players in the ODIs / T20s thus far.
    Sharjeel has failed in international cricket since 2013. He averages in the early 20s against the top attacks.

He is a hack but I don’t see any quality in there. I mean you are really bad when all you have to show for in 5 years of international cricket (2013-17) is three inconsequential half-centuries against Australia on pitches where they piled up 370+.

So yes, if this water buffalo blazes a 100 against a quality attack it has to be a fluke, because he clearly does not have the skill or the IQ to excel against quality bowling.

He hits the ball harder than Rizwan and Babar but both would score far more runs than him and prove to be more effective against any bowling attack over a certain number of games.

Sharjeel, with all the baggage that he carries, literally and figuratively, is not worth the investment just because he might fluke a trailblazing innings once in a blue moon.

You can get that type of return from any hack who can hit a long ball, and not all of them eat like sumo wrestlers and will not prove to be a liability in the field.

You pick Awais Zia or Sohail Akhtar or even Umar Akmal today and you are roughly looking at the same type of output that you will get from Sharjeel over 15-20 games.

In fact, you can even bring Shahid Afridi back and play him as an opener - both would score about the same number of runs against top attacks.

Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The T20 format is made for hacks like Sharjeel, but it remains to be seen whether he is a quality hack or not.