Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He wished pakistan on pakistan day. Thats diplomatic courtesy. He will not write we want war.

India if at all joins the drill, its because its a SCO drill.
    Could be. BTW is that letter a yearly thing? If it is then they normally don’t publicize it as much as they did this time.
    Anyways for your sake I hope the peace talks fall through and don’t happen cause you seem hurt just by the prospect of peace lol.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    Yes right now India is better than us but they haven't consistently demolished us ever - and neither have we consistently demolished them despite being overall better than them through the 80s and 90s.

Pak v India series would be hard fought. One on paper India should win but they should have won the 2005 series in India as well with our third string bowling attack.
    ? In the mid to late 90s there was a point where it was 16 vs 2 in ODIs. I am sure someone can correct me but it was that lop sided in our favor.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Yes its true They won the one that mattered tho CT17 Fond memories
    Pak needed to win 23rd Sept Asia cup game against India to qualify for finals. So that game mattered.

Had they won the 2019 WC game, they would have proceeded to the next leg. So that mattered too.

Also, all India-Pakistan games do matter because of the rivalry and the pride at stake.

Agreed, we lost the most crucial game (CT Finals) when it mattered. But the fact that Pak has lost handsomely in last 5 games out of 6 played, CT finals feels like an anamoly.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Pak needed to win 23rd Sept Asia cup game against India to qualify for finals. So that game mattered.

Had they won the 2019 WC game, they would have proceeded to the next leg. So that mattered too.

Also, all India-Pakistan games do matter because of the rivalry and the pride at stake.

Agreed, we lost the most crucial game (CT Finals) when it mattered. But the fact that Pak has lost handsomely in last 5 games out of 6 played, CT finals feels like an anamoly.
    I am curious would you trade those five wins for the CT win?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    ? In the mid to late 90s there was a point where it was 16 vs 2 in ODIs. I am sure someone can correct me but it was that lop sided in our favor.
    I think it was 11-2 from late 98 from the 2and Sahara friendship Cup and it included 8 consecutive wins for Pakisran against India.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's true we used to absolutely pulverise them in multilateral tournaments generally, but I was referring to bilateral series.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    I think it was 11-2 from late 98 from the 2and Sahara friendship Cup and it included 8 consecutive wins for Pakisran against India.
    Probably India would do the same to us now, I believe the ODI record would have been balanced out if India played us. Lost opportunity!

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Wont bcoz 2 of those wins were world cup matches. Indians love bragging about the streak more than winning the trophy which they already won twice before.

I would trade 2 Asia cup games and CT group match with CT Finals though.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Does the average Indian not converse in Hindi these days?

That was a good moment and I hope it is replicated, albeit accompanied by a trophy.
    Hindi is only one of the many official languages of India and is not spoken by crores of people in India especially in the south.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I am a believer that facing the very best is only beneficial for players in the long run
    Our players are mediocrities who lack talent, skill and intelligence. Facing the best more frequently will not make them better cricketers; it will only result in more defeats.

The same set of Pakistani players did not improve by facing the same set of Indian players 5 times in 2 years.

They ended up losing 4 matches and got thrashed 3 consecutive times after the Champions Trophy final fluke.

If Pakistani fans want to see their team getting rinsed by India across formats 9 out of 10 times, then yes they should pray for the resumption of bilateral ties between the two countries.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    I'll, for sure without any second thoughts.

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read in local newspaper that India and Pak may have a joint militry exercise for first time. Plus both countries have agreed to not give any aggressive statements against each other and no ceasefire incidents after mid Feb. Russia, UAE and Saudis are behind this initiative and India-Pak may take some positive steps for better relations. That's why no mention of Pakistan even during current state elections in India and no Pak army forwarded text for Imran to tweet from his personal account every alternate day of week.

Still I don't think cricket series will happen any soon. Cricket is very big event in SC and attracts eyeballs from all sides. After Pak visit on Nawaz's daughter wedding, Modi who is termed as Nazi, hitler, fascist and whatnot was heavily criticised by god's gift to India-Pakistan, secular, peace loving Congress and other opposition parties. Congress quesitoned why BJP govt is giving importance when their previous govt has done the hardwork of isolating Pakistan on international forum. Any series on cards and something like Mumbai/Pulwama happens and Indian govt will have no choice other than closing the doors again.

Things need to be in order for long duration for any cricekt series to happen.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like things have moved pretty fast in the background with the UAE Royals and Saudis pushing it.
    May be a series in UAE is in order in next 7-8 months.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest even losing once every 10 games is a humiliation for India.

I mean Pakistan is such a pathetic abomination of a country apparently and India is so great. I mean they have about 700 million cricket obsessed men to choose from and endless billion gazillion Indian super dollars to spend on academies, youth development, marketing etc, cricket so culturally engrained the little babies say 'Sachin' before they say 'Mama'. How could this country even lose once to Pakistan? I mean, if I fought Mike Tyson would I ever be able to knock him out? In 100 fights? 1000 fights? 9999999 fights?

The very fact India is unable to dominate world cricket anywhere near the levels of West Indies and Australia historically is actually quite pathetic on the part of Indian cricket. They don't have any excuse to not be doing so.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    To be honest even losing once every 10 games is a humiliation for India.

I mean Pakistan is such a pathetic abomination of a country apparently and India is so great. I mean they have about 700 million cricket obsessed men to choose from and endless billion gazillion Indian super dollars to spend on academies, youth development, marketing etc, cricket so culturally engrained the little babies say 'Sachin' before they say 'Mama'. How could this country even lose once to Pakistan? I mean, if I fought Mike Tyson would I ever be able to knock him out? In 100 fights? 1000 fights? 9999999 fights?

The very fact India is unable to dominate world cricket anywhere near the levels of West Indies and Australia historically is actually quite pathetic on the part of Indian cricket. They don't have any excuse to not be doing so.
    Calm down you will win some matches. Be happy then and with hosting India some much needed money is in order. Hopefully gets spent on grassroots then PCB honchos taking all in.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I hope so.

The ODIs are always fun, especially with packed crowds.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah hope not. Cannot fathom another hammering from the old enemy. Not until we don't improve anyway.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true. Till emergence of Ganguly, Dravid and then Sehwag Pakistan was miles ahead of Indian team. Infact the gap in Win Loss that exists today was primarily created through 90s. It was pretty even since late 90s till early 2010s. After that they have not played much but India reduced the gap slightly based on the limited matches they played.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India vs Pakistan T20I series a possibility with a six-day window in 2021: Report

Bilateral cricket relations between India and Pakistan might soon resume between the two arch-rivals, a media report has said. The last bilateral series between India and Pakistan was held in 2012-13 but since then the political relations between the two countries have deteriorated resulting in a complete halt of one-on-one series.

A report in the Pakistani media has said that India and Pakistan might soon get involved in bilateral cricket series again with a possibility of the six-day window for a three-match T20I series later in the year.

The hectic cricket calendar including the ongoing FTP suggests that the bilateral series is not possible but the report said that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have been asked to be prepared in case talks materialise in future.

A PCB official, according to the report, initially denied the speculations as he said that there are no talks between PCB and the BCCI, but hinted that there is a possibility about a series later in the year.

Meanwhile, PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani on Tuesday said that no one has contacted the board while denying that the Pakistan board is in talks with the Indian board.

PCB sources have said that if the series goes ahead then it will be the Indian team that will visit Pakistan as Pakistan had toured India the last time.

Notably, since the bilateral cricket relations between India and Pakistan stopped, the two countries have competed in only ICC events and Asia Cup.

Meanwhile, the ICC meeting is to be held soon wherein the Indian board has to inform the ICC about the progress made on visas and security arrangements for Pakistan players, journalists and spectators in the upcoming T20 World Cup, scheduled to be held in India later this year.

https://www.wionews.com/sports/india...-report-372785
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 24th March 2021 at 15:35.

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    India vs Pakistan T20I series a possibility with a six-day window in 2021: Report

Bilateral cricket relations between India and Pakistan might soon resume between the two arch-rivals, a media report has said. The last bilateral series between India and Pakistan was held in 2012-13 but since then the political relations between the two countries have deteriorated resulting in a complete halt of one-on-one series.

A report in the Pakistani media has said that India and Pakistan might soon get involved in bilateral cricket series again with a possibility of the six-day window for a three-match T20I series later in the year.

The hectic cricket calendar including the ongoing FTP suggests that the bilateral series is not possible but the report said that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have been asked to be prepared in case talks materialise in future.

A PCB official, according to the report, initially denied the speculations as he said that there are no talks between PCB and the BCCI, but hinted that there is a possibility about a series later in the year.

Meanwhile, PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani on Tuesday said that no one has contacted the board while denying that the Pakistan board is in talks with the Indian board.

PCB sources have said that if the series goes ahead then it will be the Indian team that will visit Pakistan as Pakistan had toured India the last time.

Notably, since the bilateral cricket relations between India and Pakistan stopped, the two countries have competed in only ICC events and Asia Cup.

Meanwhile, the ICC meeting is to be held soon wherein the Indian board has to inform the ICC about the progress made on visas and security arrangements for Pakistan players, journalists and spectators in the upcoming T20 World Cup, scheduled to be held in India later this year.

If true

We are owed a home series
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 24th March 2021 at 15:35.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 match t20 is a farce and looks like a token tour just like the aane do series. I know we must start somewhere but why cant we have 2 test match series rather? Even though we dont play bilaterals, we have played plenty of white ball cricket over the years. Its the test cricket that is missing since 2007 and should get first preference.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lahore would be the best destination to host if that happens.
    I would travel to see at-least one match if things with COVID calm down a bit.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if we have a short bilateral series later this year.

BJP's political posturing vis-a-vis Pakistan and actual politics are different. During all times back channels talks are conducted which is not made public. In 2014 when Modi was elected for his 1st term he invited Nawaz Shariff for the swearing in ceremony. Next he attended Shariff's grandaughter's wedding. But shortly after that Pathankot happened and URi too happened. With this Modi had to project himself as a no-nonsense leader with the surgical strike. Simultaneously Cricket and bollywood were affected with banning pak actors from bollywood and reiterating cutting of cricketing ties.

But in recent weeks there have been a string of positive events which seem optimistic. First the ceasefire, then Pak army chief too speaking about peace, Indian state elections taking place with no reference to Pak, Modi wishing Imran a speedy recovery. If things go ahead in this vein a mini series wouldn't be surprising.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 match t20 is a farce and looks like a token tour just like the aane do series. I know we must start somewhere but why cant we have 2 test match series rather? Even though we dont play bilaterals, we have played plenty of white ball cricket over the years. Its the test cricket that is missing since 2007 and should get first preference.
    I really want to see Test cricket with India on a home & away basis. The last time I watched a test between both nations was in 2006 at Karachi. Couldn't watch 2007 test series because my matric exams were near at that time.

If both countries could sort out their issues then we would be finally able to see a proper WTC where every team will play every other team a similar number of games on a home & away basis over 4 years period & final after that.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait.. Is this actually happening?

Not complaining though.

I remember there were a lot of reports of such series' in Sri Lanka back in 2015 or something.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we have a short bilateral series later this year.

BJP's political posturing vis-a-vis Pakistan and actual politics are different. During all times back channels talks are conducted which is not made public. In 2014 when Modi was elected for his 1st term he invited Nawaz Shariff for the swearing in ceremony. Next he attended Shariff's grandaughter's wedding. But shortly after that Pathankot happened and URi too happened. With this Modi had to project himself as a no-nonsense leader with the surgical strike. Simultaneously Cricket and bollywood were affected with banning pak actors from bollywood and reiterating cutting of cricketing ties.

But in recent weeks there have been a string of positive events which seem optimistic. First the ceasefire, then Pak army chief too speaking about peace, Indian state elections taking place with no reference to Pak, Modi wishing Imran a speedy recovery. If things go ahead in this vein a mini series wouldn't be surprising.
    Yes, but all it takes is one stupid incident in Kashmir which has nothing to do with Pakistan or Pakistan Army to destroy all the good work between the two countries.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post

Not complaining though.
    Your Prasidh Krishna better be clocking 155kmh as you guys have billed him up to be.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post

Not complaining though.

I remember there were a lot of reports of such series' in Sri Lanka back in 2015 or something.
    I think it's all speculation at this moment, not much news on this from big media outlets of both countries.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChTab View Post
    I think it's all speculation at this moment, not much news on this from big media outlets of both countries.
    I wouldn't believe anything until they announce a squad...

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Your Prasidh Krishna better be clocking 155kmh as you guys have billed him up to be.

Maybe against Hafeez 3.0

Thakur and Bhuvi with their 115 kph knucklers would be more than enough for your other "hitters".

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Lahore would be the best destination to host if that happens.
    I would travel to see at-least one match if things with COVID calm down a bit.
    Will like to join in. Ha ha, maybe we interested folks can meet at a common point .

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest more than the bilateral series I would rather have the Ind/Pak govt to allow Pakistan players in IPL.

Pakistan has some decent T20 players and they will definitely add to the flavor of the IPL.

Bilateral series will be very boring. Sorry but Pakistan cricket used to super exciting back in the day but now it is like watching a Srilanka game from the mid 2000ís. They are effective and can win but very dry and boring to watch.

Once the novelty factor wears off, it will be unbearable to watch these games. The gulf in quality of the 2 teams is something we all acknowledge but the matches are going to be Booooring.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    To be honest more than the bilateral series I would rather have the Ind/Pak govt to allow Pakistan players in IPL.

Pakistan has some decent T20 players and they will definitely add to the flavor of the IPL.

Bilateral series will be very boring. Sorry but Pakistan cricket used to super exciting back in the day but now it is like watching a Srilanka game from the mid 2000’s. They are effective and can win but very dry and boring to watch.

Once the novelty factor wears off, it will be unbearable to watch these games. The gulf in quality of the 2 teams is something we all acknowledge but the matches are going to be Booooring.
    It’s good drama for the Pakistani public and keeps them interested. Gives them something interesting to talk about.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling that Mani will soon say something totally ridiculous - something involving Mudi or Kashmir to prove how macho and patriot he is. That will refreeze the ice.

Or Shastri may suggest in some TV dance show after a few drinks that Indi-Pak bilaterals this year is a good idea. Mani will later approach ICC to sue India for 150 million dollars loss on reneging a Ďcontractí.

I am not so hopeful!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of results, be good to resume cricketing ties - a UAE mini series of test/odi/t20s would be great, every 2 years? Even better.

If Pakistan get whooped by the best cross format team that also has the most depth, then so be it, will help our development in any case to have regular matches against a top class SC team - the away series in England has been our only barometer in the past 5/7 years.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bilateral series will be very boring. Sorry but Pakistan cricket used to super exciting back in the day but now it is like watching a Srilanka game from the mid 2000’s. They are effective and can win but very dry and boring to watch.

A bit like the 90s when India were terrible and pretty boring .
    Pakistan fans will be keen to see what exciting brand of cricket the new age Indian team plays if this goes ahead.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but all it takes is one stupid incident in Kashmir which has nothing to do with Pakistan or Pakistan Army to destroy all the good work between the two countries.
    Pak has an official stand to support the armed insurgency in Kashmir. Thats why they supported many non state actors all these years and landed in FATF grey list while still struggling to get out of it and you say Pak or Pak army has nothing to do with it.

If 2008 mumbai attacks wouldn't have happened we would have had atleast 5-6 tours between both countries by now. Do you say Pak army had no role in this atatck when your own media houses accepted Kasb as a pakistani national?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    A bit like the 90s when India were terrible and pretty boring .
    Pakistan fans will be keen to see what exciting brand of cricket the new age Indian team plays if this goes ahead.
    90ís team India was definitely weaker than Pakistan team of the 90ís no doubt about it. However calling it boring is stretching it.

Sachin Tendulkar was the biggest box office attraction in the 90ís

India had one of the most premier spinners in the world in Kumble

There was Azharuddin who was exciting to watch

A core of Dravid,Laxman,Ganguly etc was just coming into play.

Are you telling me the current Pakistan team has similar level marquee players?

I get your bigger point though, a strong India vs weak Pakistan or vice versa doesnít exactly produce boring games as it has shown in the past.

I am also agreeing that despite India being way stronger than the current Pakistan, itís not like Pak wonít have their moments in these contests.

I am talking about the current Pakistan side which is very dull and boring to watch a la Srilanka.

As a cricket fan I will still watch these games but it is what it is.

The only Pakistan players the causal Indian fan might know from Pakistan team is may be Babar Azam. Hafeez,Amir and Malik too but they are not in the current side (correct me if I-am wrong)

Apart from that casual Indian cricket fan can name the same amount of Pakistan players as may be Srilankan players say someone like Matthews or Chandimal who have some name recognition.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But India is the most exciting team in universe history - so at least their cricketers will provide the entertainment. For true cricket fans the world over to drop their jaws in amazement and awe.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 6 day visit by either country is such a waste, however they might be doing it to just to test the waters and see how things progress from there, if things dont progress then forget about a test series if they do then a test series can happen on the back of it at some point.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    90ís team India was definitely weaker than Pakistan team of the 90ís no doubt about it. However calling it boring is stretching it.

Sachin Tendulkar was the biggest box office attraction in the 90ís

India had one of the most premier spinners in the world in Kumble

There was Azharuddin who was exciting to watch

A core of Dravid,Laxman,Ganguly etc was just coming into play.

Are you telling me the current Pakistan team has similar level marquee players?

I get your bigger point though, a strong India vs weak Pakistan or vice versa doesnít exactly produce boring games as it has shown in the past.

I am also agreeing that despite India being way stronger than the current Pakistan, itís not like Pak wonít have their moments in these contests.

I am talking about the current Pakistan side which is very dull and boring to watch a la Srilanka.

As a cricket fan I will still watch these games but it is what it is.

The only Pakistan players the causal Indian fan might know from Pakistan team is may be Babar Azam. Hafeez,Amir and Malik too but they are not in the current side (correct me if I-am wrong)

Apart from that casual Indian cricket fan can name the same amount of Pakistan players as may be Srilankan players say someone like Matthews or Chandimal who have some name recognition.
    I am talking about it from a Pakistani fan perspective from the 90s .

As a Pakistani it was no fun watching kuruvilla, Mohanty and prasad steaming in while Pakistan had the most exciting cricketers in Shoaib akhtar , wasim akram and saqlain mushtaq.

More than the gap in skills it was the brand of cricket i was referring to.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of me wants these peace situation to fall through. ..

Just cause we have to face India in a series and get beatings of our life times

The world Cup matche's alone make a man depressed for a whole week

Imagine a long a#@ series

Nah man we out son...

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Be realistic, there isn't any chance on resumption of India-Pakistan bilateral cricket. Zilch"

This is the tweet done by famous sports journalist Vikrant Gupta of AAJ TAK. That ends all the speculation.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    That would be as naive as Shoaib Malik thanking "all the Muslims" of the world in the WT20 of 2007, when half of them can't point out Pakistan on the map, and the man of the match/series was Irfan Pathan from India.
    Man of the series for that world t20 was afridi and most muslims know where pakistan is...stop spreading lies hahaha

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It wonít bother me but it will not be good for the mental health of Pakistani fans. I am thinking about the community here.
    For mental health of all Pakistani fans, you should stop posting. That would help.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best time for Pakistani side to thrash India in a test series in UAE was around Misbahs peak with batting order packed with Misbah, Younis, Azhar, Shafiq, Sarfaraz and bowling line with Amir, Wahab, Junaid and Yasir. Misbah ended his captaincy (47 % win record) with brilliant home (fake home UAE) and away record esp in SENA(higher win/draw rate than Kohli-Ind). That was the time to have a competitive test series.

The current team is too young and unsettled and has opener issues. If it keeps on winning series after series at home and players establish themselves then we can have a competition.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why anyone would be keen on a Pak Vs India series. The competitive days are gone with the result only to go one way.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post

Nah man we out son...
    Well in exchange for resolving Kashmir dispute, peace, and economic prosperity on the SC, a Bluewash would be a small price to pay

Not that I think the first three things are likely or realistic.

The only place where I see Pakistan competing against India in a Test series is at a neutral venue like England.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post

Nah man we out son...
    Iím sure the sight of Imam strolling in to open will be enough to send shivers across the continent.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What peace talks? The problem of Pakistan wants peace on its own terms, which is not going to happen.
    As if India doesn't want peace in their own terms? (If they truly want peace to being with, that is)

Besides, why would you want to see India thump Pakistan? We are better off not having bilateral ties with them.

The 4-1 thrashing in the last 5 ODIs with the same set of players on both sides should be enough for our fans.
    My issue is not the thrashing but this yearning dream and a shameless fantasy of playing with them by some Pakistanies.

Seriously, the BCCI and the Indian govt has given a cold shoulder to "PCB with it's begging bowl", so many times that if we had an iota worth of shame, we wouldn't be even spitting at the idea of a bilateral series with them.

Koi sharam hoti hai, koi hayaa hoti hai.

Where is our self dignity? Seriously!

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post

Usually when things are easing up between the two countries, they start with a cricket match/series. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing here.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather not.

We already get enough thumping from the other big three countries in a year.

At the moment we can't compete with India in any format. The BCCI has missed a great chance from 2013 on to improve their record against Pakistan. Pak still has more ODI wins?

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A test series will be awesome! And its going to be amazing if India plays in Pakistan. I would love to see how the Pakistani crowd behaves with the Indian team.
    I have been a witness to the behaviour in 80's when Pakistanis were atrocious and rude to the Indian team. And so were the Pakistani commentators.
    How the tables have turned.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I predict the BCCI tell the PCB "April's fool day" on April 1st

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The BCCI owes the PCB approximately 5 home series in Pakistan for the last 12-14 years with the PCB getting a minimum of $1 billion atleast for the numerous cancellations that have occured.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BCCI owes the PCB approximately 5 home series in Pakistan for the last 12-14 years with the PCB getting a minimum of $1 billion atleast for the numerous cancellations that have occured.
    Just a small hand has been extended and you trying to pull in the whole body too fast. Calm down. BCCI does not owe PCB anything.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UP and Tripura elections are there next year. Karnataka is also not far away. They need Pakistan for votes. Dont think this will be happening.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Yes I am sure the two geniuses at the helm, Mani and Wasim, can use their unmatched negotiation skills and force BCCI to play $1 billion.

They may not have the competence to host a tournament during the pandemic but I am sure they have the intelligence to force BCCI into a corner and rob them of $1 billion.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MesonK View Post
    Best time for Pakistani side to thrash India in a test series in UAE was around Misbahs peak with batting order packed with Misbah, Younis, Azhar, Shafiq, Sarfaraz and bowling line with Amir, Wahab, Junaid and Yasir. Misbah ended his captaincy (47 % win record) with brilliant home (fake home UAE) and away record esp in SENA(higher win/draw rate than Kohli-Ind). That was the time to have a competitive test series.

The current team is too young and unsettled and has opener issues. If it keeps on winning series after series at home and players establish themselves then we can have a competition.
    The team that lost Test matches to New Zealand and West Indies in UAE and needed a miracle win to draw a series with Sri Lanka was in no position to trash India in UAE.

Misbahís Pakistan would have been rinsed by Kohliís India at any point in the last decade.

Moreover, first win in Zimbabwe before doing chest-thumping over the SENA record.

When it comes to Pakistan, maybe we should look at the SEZNA record because beating Zimbabwe in not easy for us.

Nevertheless, delusional thinking gives our fans peace so yes carry on.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Well in exchange for resolving Kashmir dispute, peace, and economic prosperity on the SC, a Bluewash would be a small price to pay

Not that I think the first three things are likely or realistic.

The only place where I see Pakistan competing against India in a Test series is at a neutral venue like England.
    How about a neutral venue like Australia instead?

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One call from Bajwa's desk will ensure Mani calms down.

The series will take place. And when that happens he will ofcourse claim how he forced BCCI to concede and agree to a series.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man , PCB should appeal to CAS for that money. I suggest to do it now while they are talking. Who knows when everything goes cold again.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who doesn't want to see this?

I mean we've all been on this road multiple times. Playing any kind of bilateral cricket or Pakistani players playing in the IPL is a bad idea because India is just going to use it as a tool to blackmail us when it suits them. My guess would be whenever another Pulwama happens and whether Pakistan is or isn't to blame for it will be besides the point. Because domestic opinion will make India answer for their incompetence in letting such a thing happen and that will automatically lead to blaming Pakistan because that is always the easy way out.

And even besides that we are all perfectly aware of the gulf between Pakistan and India. I personally don't want to see us get outplayed in a bilateral series. Losing once or twice a year in ICC tournaments and Asia Cups is bad enough.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    An India-Pakistan series might be the mother of all rivalries, but given the political tensions between the two countries, cricket fans have been deprived of mouth-watering action as the two neighbours now lock horns only in global events organised by the International Cricket Council (ICC). Recently, a news surfaced where a report from Pakistan suggested that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has been asked to be ready for a series between India and Pakistan.

However, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) vice-president Rajiv Shukla has rebuffed the report saying there have been no talks within the board regarding an Indo-Pak series. Shukla reiterated the fact that the Indian board cannot organise a bilateral series with the Men in Green unless it is given a green signal by the Indian government.

“No such discussion has taken place within the board. Our stand has been the same in the last ten years. Unless we get approval from the government, we can’t have a bilateral series with Pakistan,” Shukla told Hindi newspaper Dainik Jagran.

According to a report filed by Geosuper.tv, the apex board of Pakistan cricket has been told to 'be prepared' for a historic bilateral series between the two arch-rivals.

"We've been told to be prepared," the official was quoted as saying by Daily Jang.

Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi shared his views on the reports and threw his weight behind the resumption of the cricketing ties between the two countries. Afridi went on to add that relations between the two countries can only be improved through cricket.

"Cricket between Pakistan and India is very important. Sports should be kept away from politics. Relations between the two countries can improve because of cricket," Afridi was quoted as saying by Cricket Pakistan.

"I have said this before as well, Indian cricketers enjoy coming to Pakistan. You can improve relationships through sports but if you don't want to improve them then they will remain the same way," the former Pakistani all-rounder added.

India and Pakistan last met on the cricket field in the ICC World Cup 2019 where the Men in Blue continued their unbeaten run against their arch-rivals in World Cup history.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...-shukla/737631

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We should lower our expectation and learn from past mistake .Believe it when you see it until it is just masala news from our media

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Series should happen ,

Any series with India, weed out lots of crap from our system (when we loose)

All the back door entrants like (Misbah - Waqar) will see the realities

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    I would rather not.

We already get enough thumping from the other big three countries in a year.

At the moment we can't compete with India in any format. The BCCI has missed a great chance from 2013 on to improve their record against Pakistan. Pak still has more ODI wins?

This.

Looks like India really don't care about PCB, otherwise if series would have happened between 2013- till today.. They would have beaten us left right up and down , easily

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    “No such discussion has taken place within the board. Our stand has been the same in the last ten years. Unless we get approval from the government, we can’t have a bilateral series with Pakistan,” Shukla told Hindi newspaper Dainik Jagran.
    Move on, it's not going to happen.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't want this series to happen.

So, No Thanks

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Could the BCCI persuade the Government to agree to this series or is it a case of the BCCI genuinely has no say?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Could the BCCI persuade the Government to agree to this series or is it a case of the BCCI genuinely has no say?
    Of course they can. BCCI is a massive tax contributor!

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI genuinely has no say. It is not even the top most revenue generator in the country.
    It is clearly the prerogative of GOI. But, it is same for all other countries. Governments decide where players can go. In case of Australia not touring Pakistan also, it was the decision and advice of Australian Government, not CA.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI has no say. The revenue it generates is peanuts.
    I don't think that Paying tax will provide BCCI any right to request exemptions. They should lobby differently as BCCI will have a financial windfall if the series happened

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI has Jay Shah at the helm. Take your own guess.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will happen in the next year

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only the Indian government and BCCI were not the ones who truly could not see the damage they are doing to world cricket by not playing regularly with Pakistan
    What damage? Indian cricket is thriving and in full bloom. Do you see any Indians(other than the ones on this forum) missing a series with Pakistan? Indians have moved on long time back.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure why Pakistan fans care about this series anymore. We should look to fix our bigger issues back at grassroots level, rather than running behind India for a bilateral series.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
    What damage? Indian cricket is thriving and in full bloom. Do you see any Indians(other than the ones on this forum) missing a series with Pakistan? Indians have moved on long time back.
    You are right. Damage is only being done to PCB. Except PCB every other board gets a tour by Indian cricket team. And Indian Cricket has become even more rich in the last decade since when they left playing Pakistan. They dont care anymore.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Hamza View Post
    You are right. Damage is only being done to PCB. Except PCB every other board gets a tour by Indian cricket team. And Indian Cricket has become even more rich in the last decade since when they left playing Pakistan. They dont care anymore.
    So can Pakistan, but our people are more worried about short term fixes as every board that comes in is more interested in filling their coffers while the current political party is in place, rather than working towards a greater goal of improving Pakistan cricket. Itís not their fault either, even the most dedicated would be given a reality check when he/she knows they might not be around in five years time.