Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 98 of 98
  1. #81
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    5,741
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Credit to Nawaz, he bowled really well. But sorry that's not an answer. Nawaz still can't bat and our middle to lower order looks incredibly weak.

    Imad makes the team purely as a batsman and his numbers prove it. Same for Haris who can't even be compared to a rookie like Saud.
    I understand your point regarding Imad and Haris but I think you need to give Wasim a bit of leeway here.

    I think Imad is a terrific player (thought he could play for us in tests at #7 in 2016) but he has not reached his potential for some reason. I'm not saying he is underperforming intentionally, rather maybe due to his low fitness levels he is unable to attain that level of performance. Hopefully, Imad takes this as a challenge and comes back stronger.

    On the other hand, Haris is officially 32 years old with constant fitness issues. His last ODI was against Zimbabwe 71 (82) and before that in 2019. In the recent test matches, he looked like a genuine #11 which was very sad to see because he was a pleasure to watch. However, with a massive question over his form and fitness, can Pakistan really afford to hang on to Haris or move to someone younger like Saud?

    It's best to experiment around and challenge the guys so they can form a formidable unit over the 2-year horizon.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    149,395
    Mentioned
    2803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    3/3 for Mohammad Wasim


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #83
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    12,608
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent selections from M Wasim paying off.

    His vision of not selecting darters but proper spinners

    Also selecting Fakhar Zaman instead of Abid Ali (Misbah backed Abid Ali in the last ODI series).


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    6,387
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Credit to Nawaz, he bowled really well. But sorry that's not an answer. Nawaz still can't bat and our middle to lower order looks incredibly weak.

    Imad makes the team purely as a batsman and his numbers prove it. Same for Haris who can't even be compared to a rookie like Saud.
    Imad’s role was that of a bowling al rounder if I am not mistaken?

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    I understand your point regarding Imad and Haris but I think you need to give Wasim a bit of leeway here.

    I think Imad is a terrific player (thought he could play for us in tests at #7 in 2016) but he has not reached his potential for some reason. I'm not saying he is underperforming intentionally, rather maybe due to his low fitness levels he is unable to attain that level of performance. Hopefully, Imad takes this as a challenge and comes back stronger.

    On the other hand, Haris is officially 32 years old with constant fitness issues. His last ODI was against Zimbabwe 71 (82) and before that in 2019. In the recent test matches, he looked like a genuine #11 which was very sad to see because he was a pleasure to watch. However, with a massive question over his form and fitness, can Pakistan really afford to hang on to Haris or move to someone younger like Saud?

    It's best to experiment around and challenge the guys so they can form a formidable unit over the 2-year horizon.
    You said it right there bud the key word i've been shouting for ages "experiment", if guys fail they fail but we must experiment with new faces.

    In regards to Haris we must ignore his test shortcomings in NZ as that's what we shouldn't judge his ODI performances on and him being included/dropped has been a mystery to me given his good performances and not to forget in this past Pakistan Cup he averaged 50 plus with a century to his name. Although I support M. Wasim's selections and think majority have been good but the omission of Haris was a harsh one. Biggest question to me was why he was rested or dropped during the Zimbabwe ODI series he played a great knock of 71 (82).

    I've said it before that Imad has a bit of a lazy mentality and the dropping is probably a good thing to shape him into gear.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    5,741
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    You said it right there bud the key word i've been shouting for ages "experiment", if guys fail they fail but we must experiment with new faces.

    In regards to Haris we must ignore his test shortcomings in NZ as that's what we shouldn't judge his ODI performances on and him being included/dropped has been a mystery to me given his good performances and not to forget in this past Pakistan Cup he averaged 50 plus with a century to his name. Although I support M. Wasim's selections and think majority have been good but the omission of Haris was a harsh one. Biggest question to me was why he was rested or dropped during the Zimbabwe ODI series he played a great knock of 71 (82).

    I've said it before that Imad has a bit of a lazy mentality and the dropping is probably a good thing to shape him into gear.
    I was not aware that he had a good Pakistan Cup. However, there are still questions regarding his fitness levels. Remember, he didn't go to England last year due to his knee which has consistently caused him problems. Haris is a terrific batsman when is in form and can be great in India, but if he cannot improve his fitness, he may not be playing 2 years down the road. Haris should take a couple of months off from competitive cricket and solely focus on fitness. It could really help prolong his career and ensure that he plays the 23' WC.

    If fitness issues continue, it may seem harsh to drop Haris, but Saud is much younger and fitter. Based on his domestic performances, Saud should be playing or at least be in the squad.
    Last edited by world cup captain; 8th April 2021 at 02:22.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    I was not aware that he had a good Pakistan Cup. However, there are still questions regarding his fitness levels. Remember, he didn't go to England last year due to his knee which has consistently caused him problems. Haris is a terrific batsman when is in form and can be great in India, but if he cannot improve his fitness, he may not be playing 2 years down the road. Haris should take a couple of months off from competitive cricket and solely focus on fitness. It could really help prolong his career and ensure that he plays the 23' WC.

    If fitness issues continue, it may seem harsh to drop Haris, but Saud is much younger and fitter. Based on his domestic performances, Saud should be playing or at least be in the squad.
    I mean with that last ODI series against Zimbabwe somebody has to explain why he was dropped after performing in the 1st ODI. Injury? Wanted to try something new?

    To correct you bhai he didn't go to England for personal reasons due to fear of Covid and his family not allowing him to travel.

    I would be excited about having Saud in the team as middle order batsman or could we re-try with Hammad Azam/Sohaib Moqsood or toss a cap to Abdullah who i feel needs to be trialed (can't just keep warming a bench).

    I think with the competition getting more and more intense in the ODI squad, it could be tough for him to make a comeback but never say never.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    8,067
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haris Sohail drop turned out to be a big mistake ever since Saud got injured and Asif got selected.

    If it was

    4. Saud
    5. haider ali
    6. Rizwan

    Would have been a different story.

    Would like to know why Haider ali was not played in this series. Was he injured or tested positive for COVID.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Haris Sohail drop turned out to be a big mistake ever since Saud got injured and Asif got selected.

    If it was

    4. Saud
    5. haider ali
    6. Rizwan

    Would have been a different story.

    Would like to know why Haider ali was not played in this series. Was he injured or tested positive for COVID.
    Haider wasn't playing due to tooth ache.

    I mean the big questions for me surrounding Haris Sohail are why he didn't play the Shaheen's game in NZ? Why did he only bat in the first game against Zimbabwe in the ODI series and lastly why did he only participate in only 4 games in the Pakistan Cup?

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    1,648
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He was on TV the other day with Akhtar and Latif.

    Apart from questioning the exclusion of Masood, they raised some valid points but Wasim failed to provide any valid justifications.

    He kept denying his own statements that he has made in the media in the recent past and was also side-stepping questions.

    Akhtar was a big disappointment. He has been a vocal critic of his selections but couldn’t barely open his mouth in his presence.

    He looked flustered and it isn’t the first time he has failed to walk the talk and crumbled under pressure.

    He missed the opportunity to ask Wasim the tough questions that he has been asking on his YouTube channel and on Dr. Nauman’s show in recent weeks.

    As far as Wasim is concerned, it doesn’t look he will be in the job for long.
    Was hoping someone would pick this up. Most of MW’s ‘arguments’ were palpably petty and where he tried indulging in anything remotely logical it ended up sounding like buffoonery of the highest order.

    For anyone still looking to impart saving graces / benefit of the doubt, this interview helped dispel that notion. His reasons for keeping people in or out of the team are the same as they have been at PCB from time immemorial.

    No comments on Akhtar. Man-child should never get airtime in the first place.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Mar 2021
    Runs
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far so good.His exclusion of imad was a very brave decision and even i disagreed with it but credit to him and nawaz for proving all of us wrong till now

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    1,648
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    However, let me ask you brother would you agree or disagree completely with his inclusions/exclusions?

    Imad Wasim he explained that he's not effective enough in those middle overs and despite having a good economy rate needs to be taking wickets, i can agree with this to an extent but yes you can argue it was a harsh drop. However, Imad didn't help himself either by taking a back seat during the PSL with not bowling
    as much and coming way too late in the batting similar to what Sarfraz did when he took the captaincy. In the Lahore game which Karachi lost, he didn't bowl a single over you explain to me the logic behind this?

    Haris Sohail had a very good domestic tournament (List A) and has good ODI stats yes he was a very harsh exclusion, but i was curious in seeing Saud Shakeel or maybe even Kamran Ghulam for the ODIs. Can't really come up with an explanation for his dropping other than fitness which is the main reason.
    Not sure I agreed with his mentality of ‘players need to be able to play in all possible situations’. This is OK to an extent when it comes to being adaptable / flexible, however, players do have some sort of roles in the team. Barring 2-4 gun players who can slot in to various positions, most players have a set role.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    1,648
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had Haris not regressed overall (primarily red ball) he could still have been a selection for ODIs. Hard to see him being an asset on the field. However, on current ability / form he does walk in (purely white ball) given what the contenders have to offer. Having said that, still a greater chance of Hafeez making it to CWC23 given their relative fitness.

    PAK could have played a middle order comprising of Azam, Sohail and Hafeez post CWC19 for a bit. All of this precedes Rizwan though, who at any rate is best served opening the batting in my opinion. Now we need to pray that Saud is half as good as he’s made out to be and can take 4/5. Hafeez needs to return though.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    8,862
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salahuddin10 View Post
    So far so good.His exclusion of imad was a very brave decision and even i disagreed with it but credit to him and nawaz for proving all of us wrong till now
    Nawaz stil needs to do abit more with the bat

  15. #95
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yk313 View Post
    Not sure I agreed with his mentality of ‘players need to be able to play in all possible situations’. This is OK to an extent when it comes to being adaptable / flexible, however, players do have some sort of roles in the team. Barring 2-4 gun players who can slot in to various positions, most players have a set role.
    Yep agreed bro, just feel Pakistan is heading towards the right direction in all 3 formats and partly I say it is due to good selection.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    38,052
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mohd Wasim as the CS has the mandate to implement his vision and choose the squad of 16-20 that he deems fit after consulting the coach, captain but the final decision is his. If he has to agree to everything the captain and coach want then his position is a complete waste, might as well appoint the captain and coach.
    Last edited by Saj; 12th April 2021 at 02:12.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,324
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Mohd Wasim as the CS has the mandate to implement his vision and choose the squad of 16-20 that he deems fit after consulting the coach, captain but the final decision is his. If he has to agree to everything the captain and coach want then his position is a complete waste, might as well appoint the captain and coach.

    It's a sad pity that some posters have chosen to **** on an individual under whose watch we have won two series on the trott because of a deeply badniyat attention seeker who has a horrendous moral compas with no loyalty to any cause other than his five minutes of fame.
    Add to boot, do we see him on trips with the team? Unlike Inzi who toured with the team taking liberty.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    1,648
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Yep agreed bro, just feel Pakistan is heading towards the right direction in all 3 formats and partly I say it is due to good selection.
    Hopefully.

    But there is no baggage in including one person of 35+ in the LoIs. Given the majority of our mainstays in BA, MR, SSA, FZ/IuH are young enough to keep the ball rolling, the inclusion of one person won’t skew the dynamic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •