Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly Babar is best all format batsman in 2020s.Kohli reign at top is coming to an end.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Nope
    Yes. If you want to live in denial it is up to you.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Babar is playing at a different level compared to Kohli over the pas 2 years.

And it's not like Kohli is old or what, he should be at his peak or near it.
    If you are comparing Babarís purple patch with Kohliís lean patch, it simply illustrates how far ahead Kohli is.

Over the last two years, Rohit Sharma has been the best batsman in the world.

Then comes Kane Williamson followed by Smith and Kohli. Babar would be on par with Root but behind the other 4 batsmen.

You will of course say no but I am not interested in your delusions. I am talking about the general perception because the world doesnít revolve around a mediocre team like Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    If you are comparing Babarís purple patch with Kohliís lean patch, it simply illustrates how far ahead Kohli is.

Then comes Kane Williamson followed by Smith and Kohli. Babar would be on par with Root but behind the other 4 batsmen.

You will of course say no but I am not interested in your delusions. I am talking about the general perception because the world doesnít revolve around a mediocre team like Pakistan.
    Thatís a better comparison, I actually think Root and Babar are quiet similar, both technically sound and anchors for their team, unfortunately for Pakistan, they lack the depth of England so Babarís knocks wont be celebrated as much because Pak will lose more often. Root is a better player of spin, while Babar is the superior timer of the ball against pace.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    For Babar to get to Kohlis level, he needs to play more against good teams both home and away. Babar treated both the beasts of the IPL like they were FC bowlers and it was just overconfidence that cost him.
    It appears that the "beast of IPL" is bowling well within himself. Not a good time to get injured and lose all that money with the IPL just around the corner.

A comment from a popular cricket website: "Why has Rabada dropped in pace? He was an exciting talent when his pace used to up in the 140s and upwards"

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    779 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar is better than Kohli now imo.

Future ATG for sure.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Thatís a better comparison, I actually think Root and Babar are quiet similar, both technically sound and anchors for their team, unfortunately for Pakistan, they lack the depth of England so Babarís knocks wont be celebrated as much because Pak will lose more often. Root is a better player of spin, while Babar is the superior timer of the ball against pace.
    Root is a much better batsman overall. I was only comparing them performances over the last two years.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    It appears that the "beast of IPL" is bowling well within himself. Not a good time to get injured and lose all that money with the IPL just around the corner.

A comment from a popular cricket website: "Why has Rabada dropped in pace? He was an exciting talent when his pace used to up in the 140s and upwards"
    Nortje was bowling quick and Rabada wasn't exactly slow. The best of it was that it wasn't lucky, just a beautiful dissection

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Nortje was bowling quick and Rabada wasn't exactly slow. The best of it was that it wasn't lucky, just a beautiful dissection
    Just noting something about Rabada. Not arguing that it was a great innings by Babar with sublime strokes.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Babar is better than Kohli now imo.

Future ATG for sure.
    I agree.

He's box office, absolutely sublime.
    When he's batting he almost always looks a class apart from anyone.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    779 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    I agree.

He's box office, absolutely sublime.
    When he's batting he almost always looks a class apart from anyone.
    His technique is incredible, as perfect as you can get , straight out of the MCC's coaching manual.

A lot of great batsmen are either too botoom handed esp Asians, or they cant play the short ball or cant play swing, cant leave or cant find gaps but Babar has no real weaknesses. The only weakness is playing for Pakistan when they are in bad form, this puts serious pressure on him but the lad is now skipper and seems to be enjoying this role along with his batting.

I'd pay money to watch him live every week, makes you love cricket like a child again. Looking forward to seeing him in England this summer esp at Edgbastion, the atmosphere will be electric when he's at the crease.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Just noting something about Rabada. Not arguing that it was a great innings by Babar with sublime strokes.
    Rabada has never been the same bowler since the Warner Smith scandal. His lengths aren't just right and he lacks sharpness.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General perception is what counts more than facts?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    His technique is incredible, as perfect as you can get , straight out of the MCC's coaching manual.

A lot of great batsmen are either too botoom handed esp Asians, or they cant play the short ball or cant play swing, cant leave or cant find gaps but Babar has no real weaknesses. The only weakness is playing for Pakistan when they are in bad form, this puts serious pressure on him but the lad is now skipper and seems to be enjoying this role along with his batting.

I'd pay money to watch him live every week, makes you love cricket like a child again. Looking forward to seeing him in England this summer esp at Edgbastion, the atmosphere will be electric when he's at the crease.
    I properly started "properly" following cricket just because of him

I don't even care about the runs just the way he gets tham

Truly a magnificent player

I mean there are some really good players like smith and all

But you wouldn't "pay" to watch tham bat

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboii View Post
    I properly started "properly" following cricket just because of him

The way he dominates the best bowler is just incredible.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1228
Size:  30.0 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I properly started following cricket just because of him

Brilliant post! Captures the essence of why we love Babar.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    chasing down 270 in a pretty low pressure situation compared to the biggest hundreds Kohli has scored under pressure when chasing 300+. That’s why I brought it up in the second paragraph.

Maybe Babar will surpass Kohli, but my point is we’ll know when he performs these hundreds in crunch situations.
    In pressure situations, you wont always see a bucket load of 300+ scores, Kohli said this himself prior to the World Cup in England and he was right, in between the big totals there were quiet a few below 300. In fact during the KO stages donít think any team scored more then 250 in the WC19. Thereís a lot of talk about that 6th gear missing in Babar arsenal, but I think more then that mental fortitude will mean a lot more in crunch situations and providing you have that along with some decent technical ability which he does have, then he should do well. I donít think we should fixate so much the oppositions total, at best in a pressure scenario I donít see a team having to chase 300+ more often then not, it takes truly legendary teams to do that e.g Australia in 2007 final, Pak in CT final when India were despicably mauled

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Root is a much better batsman overall. I was only comparing them performances over the last two years.
    In Tests I would agree but in ODIís and T20 Iíd be leaning a bit towards Babar

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    In pressure situations, you wont always see a bucket load of 300+ scores, Kohli said this himself prior to the World Cup in England and he was right, in between the big totals there were quiet a few below 300. In fact during the KO stages donít think any team scored more then 250 in the WC19. Thereís a lot of talk about that 6th gear missing in Babar arsenal, but I think more then that mental fortitude will mean a lot more in crunch situations and providing you have that along with some decent technical ability which he does have, then he should do well. I donít think we should fixate so much the oppositions total, at best in a pressure scenario I donít see a team having to chase 300+ more often then not, it takes truly legendary teams to do that e.g Australia in 2007 final, Pak in CT final when India were despicably mauled
    Pakistan should accept what they have in a brilliant player that is Babar, no need for any major changes to his game especially in LOIís. I donít see Joe Root trying to scoop one over fine leg, if it aint broke donít fix it. This guy is in the top 10 across all forms and so many people still whinge despite how great he is to watch as well.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Babar also has the added pressure of batting with cow dung, Misbahís era has plagued Pak by taking 20 steps backwards with their approach to LOI batting. Being the captain now to and carrying utter tripe isnít easy and therefore looking at the S/R without a bit of context is foolish. So much bloody ignorance, we would kill to have a player like Babar in the England top 5

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tests:-

1. Smith
    2. Kohli
    3. Root/ Williamson
    5. Babar

ODIs:-

1. Kohli
    2. Babar
    3. Root
    4. Williamson/Smith

T20s:-

1. Kohli
    2. Rest

Overall:-

1. Smith/Kohli
    2. Root/Kane

Too early to put Babar in league of those four now but in ODIs, he is arguably better than Kane, Root and Smith all three.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Tests:-

1. Smith
    2. Kohli
    3. Root/ Williamson
    5. Babar

ODIs:-

1. Kohli
    2. Babar
    3. Root
    4. Williamson/Smith

T20s:-

1. Kohli
    2. Rest

Overall:-

1. Smith/Kohli
    2. Root/Kane

Too early to put Babar in league of those four now but in ODIs, he is arguably better than Kane, Root and Smith all three.
    He is better then all who are not Indian, you could have spent less time getting to your point ancient one

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I properly started following cricket just because of him

That's what makes the game interesting. The game is watched for entertainment and if you enjoy watching someone then it becomes a lot more fun.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One more big knock should take Babar at number 1.

A bigger challenge is to hold it for few years.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sivanand82 View Post
    Certainly Babar is best all format batsman in 2020s.Kohli reign at top is coming to an end.
    It's surprising to see Kohli decline this fast. If he doesn't turn it around, Sachin vs Kohli will be a non discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without a doubt Kohli is a better batsman overall because of the ruthlessness. Ridiculous to suggest he’s been better over the last 2 years though. Babar clearly trumps him.
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 3rd April 2021 at 12:17.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    It's surprising to see Kohli decline this fast. If he doesn't turn it around, Sachin vs Kohli will be a non discussion.
    Your thoughts on Babar?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babarís rise is coinciding with Kohliís drop. Can definitely see this happening.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar need to play more top teams. Not his fault he hasn't had much chances but he's doing his best against what is presented to him. Somehow conveniently gets injured just before playing top sides lol. Hope he scores some good ones against England and NZ this year

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the main question on the thread is concerned. yes easily

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    The way he dominates the best bowler is just incredible.
    The way he was humiliated by Maharajís arm deliveries on home pitches while being called the batsman in the world was also incredible.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    General perception is what counts more than facts?
    Babar cannot be the best batsman in the world over the last 2 years by scoring runs against Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd April 2021 at 11:47.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Babar cannot be the best batsman in the world over the last 2 years by scoring runs against Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
    He scored runs against some of the best teams in the World Cup and now has a hundred away in South Africa, not exactly minnow bashing of old as the likes of Hafeez and Malik would thrive on, Babar can only beat what is front of him anyhow

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.Babar clearly better in the last couple of years.
    2.Babar also clearly better at the same respective stages of their career.

But of course Kohli is an ATG who has played for many years and achieved many great things so as overall batsman / cricketers, the two cannot be compared yet. Hopefully by the time Babar is 32 and has played 90 tests and 250 ODIs we will be able to compare them, because if that is the case then Babar will be one of the ATGs!
    Last edited by Babeikh; 3rd April 2021 at 12:25. Reason: correct typo in spelling of Babar

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way he was humiliated by Maharajís arm deliveries on home pitches while being called the batsman in the world was also incredible.
    Just like Tendulkar was frequently ďhumiliatedĒ by hansie cronjeís dibbly dobblies?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    Just like Tendulkar was frequently ďhumiliatedĒ by hansie cronjeís dibbly dobblies?
    If Babar achieves half of what Tendulkar has, it wouldnít be a problem if he is humiliated by a poor bowler.

Tendulkar, in spite of struggling against Cronje, is worth more than Miandad, Inzamam, Yousuf and Younis put together.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it just Babar Azam who is better than Kohli these days?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is in his peak years....Kohli has passed his peak. People behave as if they has never seen peak Kohli and what a beast he was. Babar is a very good batsman but he still not in the same level as what Kohli was between 2012-2017 period. A peak Kohli would finish the game yesterday and not get out softly after 100.

Pak fans when talk about Waqar want to talk only about his pre injury peak years and how great he was. But when it comes to Indian players, want to compare the entire career as a whole.

The fact is and @Mamoon is right, peak Kohli is better than any batsman Pakistan has produced in history just like peak Waqar is better than any seamer India has produced.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Present Kohli is not even best batsman in India. Rohit, Pant and even Pandya is ahead of him. No point in comparing the best batsman Pakistan produced in last 2 decades with this present Kohli.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shouldn't really be chiming in here because I find these comparison threads never conclusive and they just ebb and flow with a player's form.

What I do know is that Babar played one of the prettiest innings you can imagine while chasing, dominated the attack, scored a century and laid the platform for the win.

He also didn't finish the job which he should have.

Also milestones and drink/lunch/tea breaks are his enemy.

So I don't know what we learnt yesterday that we didn't know about Babar already.

Kohli is an ATG. The year after IPL with all those tours will define where he stands in terms of form and if it is a lean patch or a decline.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not a valid comparision. You cant be selective in your sample period to peddle a desired narrative.

As much as I like Babar and only got interested in cricket because of him, there is no comparision between the two. Kohli is ahead and will stay ahead. He is the GOAT odi batsman. I dont think there will be another Kohli though there will be many babars.

Also, those fans who think Kohli has passed his peak, they are in for a surprise. He is at his peak. He had a great series against eng. And people will realise it soon in the coming ICC tournaments.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    I shouldn't really be chiming in here because I find these comparison threads never conclusive and they just ebb and flow with a player's form.

What I do know is that Babar played one of the prettiest innings you can imagine while chasing, dominated the attack, scored a century and laid the platform for the win.

He also didn't finish the job which he should have.

Also milestones and drink/lunch/tea breaks are his enemy.

So I don't know what we learnt yesterday that we didn't know about Babar already.

Kohli is an ATG. The year after IPL with all those tours will define where he stands in terms of form and if it is a lean patch or a decline.
    Great post. Loved the ebb and flow part.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar has not done enough simple. It's not necessarily because Kohli is/was better. it's just that we haven't seen enough of Babar vs top quality. That's not babars fault Pakistan loves those tours with zimbabwe. And it's not like he fails vs those top teams when they do play. He has shown glimpses of brilliance against them too.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli hasn't been able to win his team a world cup being a top 3 ODI side and you want Babar to win a world cup with this team.
    The moment he gets out, the team is finished.
    You obviously didnít afford the same consideration to Tendulkar when trying your best to belittle his achievements!! Life has come a full circle for you - fate is cruel!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Phenomenal over a period by Kohli. It has been flat line for the last few years.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli's lack of domestic games have proved him to be vulnerable against spin at the start. Soon he will come around. He is a very hard worker.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    67 runs required in the next two games to take over as number 1 in odi rankings

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much score does he need in the next 2 matches to be no. 1?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heddie19 View Post
    How much score does he need in the next 2 matches to be no. 1?
    Roughly another 100 runs. But these things depend on opposition bowler ratings, Team runs scored in the game etc

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adnan_Ilyas View Post
    67 runs required in the next two games to take over as number 1 in odi rankings
    I will love Babar to get number 1. Who knows, losing the number 1 spot will prompt Kohli to come out of rust.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The test of true greatness is not becoming #1 for a short period, but to stay at top for couple of years. I doubt that will happen. There are incredibly talented players coming up now from all countries

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan skipper Babar Azam has added another feather to his illustrious cap as he became the fastest men's cricketer to score 13th centuries in ODI cricket.

Playing in his 78th ODI on Friday, Babar smashed 103 runs to guide his team to a three-wicket win in the first ODI of the three-match series against South Africa at the SuperSport Park. He surpassed former Proteas batsman Hashim Amla and India skipper Virat Kohli to achieve the feat.

Babar has taken just 76 innings to score 13 tons while Amla, who until now was the fastest, had scored his 13th ODI hundred in 83 innings.

Meanwhile, Kohli, who hasn’t scored a ton since 2019, had taken 86 innings to score 13 ODI hundreds. However, the 32-year-old batsman still continues to dominate the ODI rankings. With 857 points, the Indian skipper is at the top of the table, while the Pakistan skipper occupies the second spot with 837 points.

Notably, Australia women's captain Meg Lanning, too, took 76 innings to reach her 13th ODI hundred.

Talking about the match, with this thrilling win, Pakistan has taken a 1-0 lead in the three-match ODI series. The second game will be played on Sunday at The Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg.

After that, the two teams will also play four T20Is.

https://zeenews.india.com/cricket/ba...n-2352401.html

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is the best thing that has happened to Pakistan cricket in last 15-20 years. A players like him will definitely inspire the next generation to pick batting seriously. He'll set some batting standards for Pak cricket and young lads would follow him.

Gavaskar was there for Sachin to follow, Sachin for Kohli and Kohli for lads like Shubhman and all. I won't be surprised if Babar does the same for Pak cricket.

Kohli was beast in his prime and still has lot left in him. Babar may not be as good as Kohli of peak, but he is going to play some memorable innings for Pak. Give him some time. He scored hundred in chase yesterday and played some great shots. He'll play a lot of innings like this in future.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expected and achieved. Red hot Babar Azam, has become the best ODI bat now.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I don't think any rational individual would dispute the fact that Kohli is the best ODI batsman in the world and is already making a case as the best ever. But Babar is in the same league as him.

And reaching the top of the ODI rankings would be a massive achievement considering Kohli has occupied that spot forever.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Babar.

Virat, ABD, KP and Sir Viv.
    RCB Forever.#ನಮ್ಮRCB

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to score minimum a fifty here to go past virat

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs 70 or more to make the top of the rankings imo.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to make sure he's just not soft runs like Tendulkar

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Babar lacks power hitting and it was exposed today. This is why even if he becomes no.1 in rankings. Kohli will remain the supreme player and real no.1 in ODIs.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam replaces Virat Kohli as the #1 ODI batsman in ICC rankings.

Congratulations

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    NY, Lahore LOVE!!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the Great kings and queens of the world have been called selfish like Kobe Mamba, it's written into the fate of a great king

Nevertheless
    King is here to reign over his kingdom for years to come

Let the haters hate, let the pakophobes squirm in enguish, verily that is their plight

Young prince is the new all powerful king, point him to the throne coronation ceremony has arrived
    Last edited by Bigboii; 7th April 2021 at 17:46.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So called Cricket experts called Pakistan Team Talent Less , Lack of Talent , Below cricket Nation , They should die with ashamed. Pakistani Player is Top 1 in ODI , Top 1/2 in T20.

With Return of Cricket back in Pakistan , Just like 90s all Top Position bowling position will be back to Pakistan. Well Done Babar Azam making whole nation proud on you.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Babar.
    Really jealous of the batting depth of Pakistan.
    It was the fast bowling factory already.
    Now it is a batting factory as well.

Just need a factory of spinners and great fielders and it will become cricket factory.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the haters shaking with rage. Hahahah you love to see it.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Babar but this was so pathetic from Babar.

Actually, when he came out to bat he looked really good he scored 30 odd effortlessly but after that, he completely went into his shell & didn't start hitting until the last over.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    All the Great kings and queens of the world have been called selfish like Kobe Mamba, it's written into the fate of a great king

Nevertheless
    King is here to reign over his kingdom for years to come

Let the haters hate, let the pakophobes squirm in enguish, verily that is their plight

Young prince is the new all powerful king, point him to the throne coronation ceremony has arrived
    The king is dead. All hail Baadshah Babar.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChTab View Post
    Congrats to Babar but this was so pathetic from Babar.

Actually, when he came out to bat he looked really good he scored 30 odd effortlessly but after that, he completely went into his shell & didn't start hitting until the last over.
    I wonder why...

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is there not a separate thread on Babar becoming number 1 ODI batsman? This is not some small feat to merge it in a thread. @MenInG

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He really is a better batsman than Kohli at the moment.

sorry India fans and anti Pakistan agents

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    He really is a better batsman than Kohli at the moment.

sorry India fans and anti Pakistan agents
    On a basis of form, yes.

In terms of quality, no.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Why is there not a separate thread on Babar becoming number 1 ODI batsman? This is not some small feat to merge it in a thread. @MenInG
    There will be when it's official.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He actually reached number one after the 1st ODI.
    https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings...gs/odi/batting

Name:  TempRankings.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  38.3 KB

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    The decline is a bit over rated. He's been scoring 50s to 70s frequently. Infact that's fine with the Indian team considering the middle order can score at a higher rate than him.

One look at the Ind vs Eng scorecards should tell you that centuries by players aren't needed to score 320+. In the entire series, there were only 2 hundreds and one of them was in a losing cause and probably the reason for the loss.
    England and India are playing the game at the next level with roles defined based on their effectiveness from overs 1 to 50. If a sport is played truly as a team game, individual hundreds aren't the focus anymore and a batsman would start taking risks as soon as he has performed his role. Having said that, some of his dismissals were strange especially to spinners and there could definitely be some decline but it has been exaggerated. He just scored 5 50s in 8 games and was even the MOS in T20s.

Coming to the topic, I think it's time to talk about big 5 instead of big 4. Babar has dragged himself into the list of master batsmen. He is the youngest of them all and has a higher cieling than all 4.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rankings aside, I am not sure if Babar Azam is the best ODI batsman in the world. Infact, he is not even the best Pakistani LOI batsman and that tag goes to Fakhar Zaman. Babar is a brilliant accumulator in the mould of Hashim Amla, I will give him that. But is the best ODI batsman? Not sure.

What I am absolutely sure though that on present form, Kohli is not the best ODI batsman either.

For me neither Babar nor Kohli are the best ODI batsman currently and not someone whom opponent would lose their sleep over. Kohli had that fear factor between 2012-2017 but Babar (just like Amla) never had that x factor.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Congrats. These rankings will become useless from now onwards.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.1 batsman in the world. . Powered by Zimbabwe , wi and sa c team. . Amazing