Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't count on the PCB doing anything. They will not risk upsetting CSA and South African players as they are most grateful to them for playing in Pakistan and the PSL and we need them to come back for the remaining psl matches in June.

Sure ex players and Pak fans will cry on social media but that's about it.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    I agree, he shouldn't. He was exhausted after batting for 49 overs and scoring 193 and he had a lapse in concentration.

The post I quoted however, said:

That is a blatant lie.
    Technically no,He pointed before the throw came and then pointed again

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly illegal & shameful from de cock , I doubt if our management even know about it ! Fakhar obviously knew what happened but was clearly unaware of the law otherwise he couldíve appealed , he deserved a double ton for his efforts today , QDK is in my bad books 😡

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Why should Fakhar care where QDK is pointing?He should try to make his end regardless

Yes laughing bit is avoidable.But if I won a tight game I'd be laughing too
    So you don't understand how a batsman who has played entire innings in heat and is tired might be decived and take it easy? Poor guy was literally panting and struggling so needed to conserve every

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Marais Erasmus has been umpiring for over a decade now. Looks bias from the Umpires to me.
    I completely forgot the other umpire was Erasmas.

Quite shocking for someone as experienced to miss that.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anyways, if there was any issue in that run out, match referee could give penalty still.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Now you are straight up lying, he kept pointing when it was obvious throw was coming to him and then was laughing his heart out when Zaman got deceived

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Letís forget about my thoughts on this for a moment. In general, not every case of complaining about or pointing out cheating is playing victim. Playing victim would be saying an individual cheated and was allowed to get away with it because itís against Pakistan. Or we only lost because that individual cheated. Etc
    You are wasting your time, both guys you are arguing with wish they were Indians. You would actually get more sensible replies from actual Indians who are less bitter so will provide some more level headed input.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Mamoon so anti Pakistan?

Anyways it was a smart move by QDK. Keepers do it at all levels.

However given the position of the match it probably was not needed

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t forget when Bavuma dropped Fakhar, it his hat . That is 5 runs. I’m not blaming SA for that, but the umpires should know the rules for that.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what was the reason for pointing again, right before de Kock is about to receive the ball? Might it have been to signal the fielder to get in a time machine, turn back time and throw the ball to the non striker?

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    The law is for deliberatingcheating while fielding.

Regardingthe pointing thing, there is much ambuigity, take it to match referee and qdk can give any reason he want and be cleared.

Anyways, people will find reasons to cry over a non issue.

Other sports have such thinga going on. In cricket of something like this happens we end crying like there is no tomr
    No there isn't. The video is absolutely clear that he tried to mislead Fakhar by pointing in the other direction, as is the commentary, as are the reactions from de Kock, Rabada and Markram.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should Fakhar care where QDK is pointing?He should try to make his end regardless
    What Fakhar should care or shouldn’t care about change the fact that there is currently a law which is applied in cricket and it falls under that.

Ball was already thrown by fielder towards QDK and seconds before before ball reached his end he starting pointing finger at the other end which if third umpire would have reviewed could have easily seen.

The game is done now but, it wasnt legal as per the law. Same was the case with umpire not noticing or reviewing ball hitting Bavuma’s hat.

Not sure how and why you are trying to defend which is something that can easily been seen through replay if umpire would have noticed.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The issue is the ambiguity. How do you prove that he was attempting to distract/deceive Fakhar? He can get away with it by stating that he was pointing to the fielder to throw to the bowler’s end.

We know he was trying to distract him but there always ways in which you can go around such laws. They are not possible to attempt.

Anyway, what do our fans want now? Give Fakhar an honorary 200 or give Quinton de Kock a death penalty?

We like to cry but there should be some end goal as well. I don’t see this discussion going anywhere other than ultimately leading to IPL bashing with our fans claiming that PSL bowling is better.

Maybe I will see myself out from this thread until and if there is some interesting development.
    You mean you've already made a fool yourself so best leave now and then pop up elsewhere to try and impose your warped mentality on others.
    Last edited by IMMY69; 4th April 2021 at 22:42.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody who thinks there is ambiguity that de Kock didn't try to willfully mislead Fakhar needs to visit an eye doctor.

Whether you like the rules or not doesn't change the fact that they are the rules.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes when you outsmart your opponent in an unconventional way, you can't hide your thrill or joy and that's what happened with QDK.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody is expecting something to be done about it now and such things happen in sports. It a discussion forum and a law which should have been followed is being discussed.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordchamp View Post
    Sometimes when you outsmart your opponent in an unconventional way, you can't hide your thrill or joy and that's what happened with QDK.
    Yes and meanwhile let's all forget the laws when it suits us

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The reaction from QDK was disgusting. Pointing at him and laughing is disrespectful.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    They definitely were not aware of the law.
    Don't blame a fatigued Fakhar in the heat of the contest at all if he was unaware of the law. However it sums up the game awareness of our management that they remained glued to their chairs.

My god, someone like Bob Woolmer would've memorised all the recent rule changes of the last 3 years and would've said something. But in Misbah's Pakistan...

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was extremely clever by QDK. It is actually a massive credit to Zaman that - it took a clever piece of mental ploy to get him out as Zaman looked like not getting out at all.

I actually loved how QDK contrived a run out out of thin air.

As for the smile/laugh - I truly believe it was involuntary - and it was more a reflection of QDK not believing his luck that his strategy to fool Zaman actually paid off.

I saw the entire South African balcony stand up and applaud Zaman's innings. I am pretty sure QDK must have applauded Zaman's innings too - it simply was one of the greatest ODI innings in a run chase.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Regarding fielding the rules say this:

Law 41.5. 1 states that ďit is unfair for any fielder wilfully to attempt, by word or action, to distract, deceive or obstruct either batsman after the striker has received the ball.Ē If the umpires deem an attempt to deceive has taken place, they inform both captains and award five penalty runs to the batting side.
    Saj, please pass this on to the Pakistan management.

Quinton should be punished for this.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Saj, please pass this on to the Pakistan management.

Quinton should be punished for this.
    Sent to Misbah and Waqar.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Anybody who thinks there is ambiguity that de Kock didn't try to willfully mislead Fakhar needs to visit an eye doctor.

Whether you like the rules or not doesn't change the fact that they are the rules.
    There's that and even the commentators response gives it away

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I guess nobody wants to talk about Zaman's careless stroll and getting himself run out. The game was already dusted by then with 30 needed in an over. It was all about his 200 then. A freak throw and his carless running got him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Don't blame a fatigued Fakhar in the heat of the contest at all if he was unaware of the law. However it sums up the game awareness of our management that they remained glued to their chairs.

My god, someone like Bob Woolmer would've memorised all the recent rule changes of the last 3 years and would've said something. But in Misbah's Pakistan...
    Not only is he low in cricketing IQ but also in taking a stand.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Nobody is expecting something to be done about it now and such things happen in sports. It a discussion forum and a law which should have been followed is being discussed.
    It's actually extremely important to discuss these things.
    When there is a law and it's broken then that leads to inconsistency and you might as well just resort to blatant cheating.

Hopefully, with a nudge from Saj, our management team will read the rules book and educate our players a bit more.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I guess nobody wants to talk about Zaman's careless stroll and getting himself run out. The game was already dusted by then with 30 needed in an over. It was all about his 200 then. A freak throw and his carless running got him.
    He literally turned his head to check if the Rauf was going to be run out which slowed him down.

I think people so stop speaking until they have actually seen the video and know the laws around this.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course he was distracting/deceiving Fakhar..

Look at his reaction when Fakhar was out.

He was clearly pointing at the other end to show that the ball was going at that end.
    Agreed.

I hope de Kock gets banned or fined.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post

Better stay quite than take blame. SA could use his statement to defend what happened on field.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    He literally turned his head to check if the Rauf was going to be run out which slowed him down.

I think people so stop speaking until they have actually seen the video and know the laws around this.
    Glad this was brought up.

Poor stuff from de Kock.

If he were playing the 3rd ODI, I'd hope someone bashed his helmet with a 90mph bouncer.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Batsmanís fault for losing focus but as per rules that looks like cheating.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Not only is he low in cricketing IQ but also in taking a stand.
    We are told he's the best cricketing brain in the whole of Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's a bit reaching from the posters here to pin De Kock as some villain. Zaman was clearly strolling at the end. It's the batsman's responsibility to ground his bat. You can excuse him for being tired. Also the intensity would have been been different if the game was in the balance with 15 needed instead of the impossible 30.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    I'd hope someone bashed his helmet with a 90mph bouncer.
    Thatís even worse.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Batsman’s fault for losing focus but as per rules that looks like cheating.
    The rule books state that any attempt by the fielding team to deceive a batsman is not allowed. I'm not defending Fakhar, he should have run the whole way. However, the move by de Kock went against the rule books.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s even worse.
    It's in the rule book.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    QdK used to be that nice guy on the field. Seems to have changed a lot over the years. Had a full fledged fight with Warner, now making fun of a batsman after getting him out using questionable means. At least respect the fact that he got 190+ chasing.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit reaching from the posters here to pin De Kock as some villain. Zaman was clearly strolling at the end. It's the batsman's responsibility to ground his bat. You can excuse him for being tired. Also the intensity would have been been different if the game was in the balance with 15 needed instead of the impossible 30.
    De Kock did what he thought was right.
    His reaction was a bit poor.

BUT the blame goes to the umpires (all three of them).
    Players will always push the limits.
    It's the umpires that have to enforce the laws.

They failed today, not on one. Punt. But in two counts.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no evidence that the chase was impossible.

There was still an outside chance that Fakhar could have taken us home.

Have batsmen not hit 36 runs in an over before?

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QdK used to be that nice guy on the field. Seems to have changed a lot over the years. Had a full fledged fight with Warner, now making fun of a batsman after getting him out using questionable means. At least respect the fact that he got 190+ chasing.
    This relates to morality, but it's subjective regarding who you talk to.

You can't punish this behavior, but the deception, the illegal deception, should have been looked into.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have been 20 needed of 6 deliveries if the umpires applied the laws. This is why it matters.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That was 5 runs as penalty as fakhar was deceived by de kock. When throw was coming to his end he was still pointing to the other end as if asking the bowler to gather that one properly. De kock's reaction says it all

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Fakhar was at fault.

But what de Kock did was against the laws of the game.

That's what people are pointing out.

As far as I can see, nobody is saying that de Kock should be hung.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    There is no evidence that the chase was impossible.

There was still an outside chance that Fakhar could have taken us home.

Have batsmen not hit 36 runs in an over before?
    I know emotions are running a bit high but nobody scored 5 sixers in a row to win the game in the last 5 balls.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightWatchman View Post
    Would have been 20 needed of 6 deliveries if the umpires applied the laws. This is why it matters.
    No, it would have been 25 off 5 balls, they needed 31 at the start of the over and it won't have been deemed a no ball.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fakhar was at fault.

But what de Kock did was against the laws of the game.

That's what people are pointing out.

As far as I can see, nobody is saying that de Kock should be hung.
    These laws of the game are always subjective Saj Bhai. How can you decisively prove Dekock was trying to deceive. I've seen a case where the wicket keeper stayed absolutely motionless while the ball was thrown to him until the last second. The batsman assumed the ball was going to the non strikers end and took it easy. Keeper Dhoni made a split second move to catch the ball and ran the batsman out. Is that an attempt to deceive the batsman too? Does the batsman deserve 5 runs? De Kock has absolutely not impeded Fakhar's ability to complete his run. Batsman's lack of self awareness was the reason for the dismissal. Also, Dekock didn't even touch the ball. It was a direct hit.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    De Kock did what he thought was right.
    His reaction was a bit poor.

BUT the blame goes to the umpires (all three of them).
    Players will always push the limits.
    It's the umpires that have to enforce the laws.

They failed today, not on one. Punt. But in two counts.
    Agree with this. I don't blame de Kock for it, but it denied Fahar a deserved double century, that is the disappointing thing for me. I would imagine QdK would have felt a trifle shamed in hindsight.
    Last edited by Saj; 4th April 2021 at 23:26.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game was very unlikely to be won so should have been more selfish and got 200!. Lack of concentration and fatigue; gamesmanship from proteas but that's sport

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, it would have been 25 off 5 balls, they needed 31 at the start of the over and it won't have been deemed a no ball.
    The ball hit the fielders hat couple of overs before fakhar's run out. 5 runs are awarded to batting side when that happens

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the 5 run penalty for the ball hitting the hat could have changed the course of the game.
    Little margins make a huge difference.

In all probability Pakistan would have lost the game but Fakhar would have made a double century.
    But the real issue is that these sorts of umpiring errors can cost a team in an important game.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think it was fine. Fakhar should have concentrated on running.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    The ball hit the fielders hat couple of overs before fakhar's run out. 5 runs are awarded to batting side when that happens
    Yes, but the permutations could have changed if we are counting something that happened a few overs ago, think there were about 5 overs to go at that stage. Fakhar could have got out or mistimed some other shot after that, so it won't have been a straightforward extrapolation from that point.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Smart move! Glad Fakhar didn't break Anwar's record - if you're that silly, you do not deserve any such records.
    He did before , his highest score in an odi is 210

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 from the hat thing as well. It would have been dead ball so yes its 6 balls. 41.5.3 If either umpire considers that a fielder has caused or attempted to cause such a distraction, deception or obstruction, he/she shall immediately call and signal Dead ball and inform the other umpire of the reason for the call.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually the 5 run penalty for the ball hitting the hat could have changed the course of the game.
    Little margins make a huge difference.

In all probability Pakistan would have lost the game but Fakhar would have made a double century.
    But the real issue is that these sorts of umpiring errors can cost a team in an important game.
    I don't disagree with that premise. It's up to the officials to know the rules, there should be no excuse.

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QDK could point all he wants. There was no way for him to know that the throw would hit the stumps so dont know what's the issue

Let's not cry about an opposing player laughing at us. Lol

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightWatchman View Post
    5 from the hat thing as well. It would have been dead ball so yes its 6 balls. 41.5.3 If either umpire considers that a fielder has caused or attempted to cause such a distraction, deception or obstruction, he/she shall immediately call and signal Dead ball and inform the other umpire of the reason for the call.
    Ta, my mistake.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, but the permutations could have changed if we are counting something that happened a few overs ago, think there were about 5 overs to go at that stage. Fakhar could have got out or mistimed some other shot after that, so it won't have been a straightforward extrapolation from that point.
    I agree. I just wanted to explain to you what the other poster was trying to imply

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's one thing if a player makes a mistake. Drop catches and mishits are ok. But when umpires who officiate the match make mistakes, then it's a problem.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was indeed in poor taste what QDK did, his reaction afterwards was uncalled for. It soured a little bit from what was a great game.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Kohli View Post
    Nothing wrong.

Sanga did many times.
    It's wrong and not only Sanga but also dhoni did it too

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    SanFrancisco/Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding fielding the rules say this:

Law 41.5. 1 states that “it is unfair for any fielder wilfully to attempt, by word or action, to distract, deceive or obstruct either batsman after the striker has received the ball.” If the umpires deem an attempt to deceive has taken place, they inform both captains and award five penalty runs to the batting side.
    Who is the striker here? Markram?
    Last edited by prakash; 4th April 2021 at 23:37.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know emotions are running a bit high but nobody scored 5 sixers in a row to win the game in the last 5 balls.
    Nobody has hit a 190+ in a chase before, but that too happened today.

The point is that there was still a chance, and that the laws of the game were broken.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That was not cheating or against the laws of cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan team management has lodged a complaint with the match referee.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go deeper into the rules and you will find some interesting caveats.

Besides the 5 run penalty and the ball not counting, the rules state that any runs that the batsman ran will also be counted. Additionally, the run in progress at the instance of the offence will also to be counted! Regardless of whether the batsman crossed or not at the instance of the offence. Furthermore, the striker is to decide who will face the next ball.

That means that Pakistan should have gotten 7 runs with Fakhar on strike, instead of being runout. That's quite shocking and quite a massive thing for the umpires to not know. Especially when we have come to the point of DRS and third umpires calling out no balls.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 5th April 2021 at 00:16.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    That was not cheating or against the laws of cricket.
    Yes it was The laws state clearly this was an illegal act

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan team management has lodged a complaint with the match referee.
    I hope they complain about the ball landing on Bavuma's cap as well. What is the penalty for what QDK did?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think de kock did anything wrong, i mean maybe in the spirit of the game it can be seen as bad but like fakhar said it was his own fault for looking back. Golden rule of running is once your running just look straight and go as fast as you can, and not to worry about the partner. If his partner got out it would still be fine since zaman wicket was key

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it matter?
    Match was already lost.

FZ als didnt care as some other softies in the team obsessed with personal milestones.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Does it matter?
    Match was already lost.

FZ als didnt care as some other softies in the team obsessed with personal milestones.
    Yes of course if matters and it doesn't matter of it was FZ who was batting our Mr XYZ from Timbuktu...
    Or for that matter whether the game was won or lost.

You do get it don't you?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I hope they complain about the ball landing on Bavuma's cap as well. What is the penalty for what QDK did?
    They will look silly if they complain about the ball hitting Bavumas cap.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Ball landing on Bavumaís cap.

QdK confusing Fakhar.

Wind blowing at 5 mph in the wrong direction.

Mark Boucher coughing.

Markram blowing his nose.

I think if our fans and team management keep digging, we can find enough instances that will collectively add up to around 17 runs and give Pakistan victory.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    I hope my final post can also provide closure to this thread.

Look, here is the deal.

Pakistan lost the match fair & square. As far as the Fakhar run-out is concerned, we can bicker over the rules all we want and demonize de Kock all we want.

However, the reality is that Fakhar had absolutely no business getting distracted or fooled by him.

He was on 193 and the team needed a 6 of every delivery left and he was batting with a tail-ender.

It wasnít his concern or his problem if Rauf was getting run-out, because Fakhar had to be on strike in any case and his only concern at that point should have been to get back to his crease as quickly as possible.

If he got distracted, it is his own fault for exhibiting a momentary lapse in concentration and proving himself to be yet another Pakistani player who lacks match-awareness and doesnít keep his head in the game at all times.

There is literally no reason and no justification why he should have been worried about Rauf getting run-out at that point.

When your only concern is to get back to your crease as soon as possible, you do not look back and slow down just because of the WKís gesture.

Did de Kock break the law? Maybe he did.

Did Fakhar make a mistake? Yes, 100%.

That is all.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you guys want cricket to become a game of softies. In the 80s and 90s cricket was played with plenty agression. One way or another people find things to whine about.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I hope my final post can also provide closure to this thread.

Look, here is the deal.

Pakistan lost the match fair & square. As far as the Fakhar run-out is concerned, we can bicker over the rules all we want and demonize de Kock all we want.

However, the reality is that Fakhar had absolutely no business getting distracted or fooled by him.

He was on 193 and the team needed a 6 of every delivery left and he was batting with a tail-ender.

It wasn’t his concern or his problem if Rauf was getting run-out, because Fakhar had to be on strike in any case and his only concern at that point should have been to get back to his crease as quickly as possible.

If he got distracted, it is his own fault for exhibiting a momentary lapse in concentration and proving himself to be yet another Pakistani player who lacks match-awareness and doesn’t keep his head in the game at all times.

There is literally no reason and no justification why he should have been worried about Rauf getting run-out at that point.

When your only concern is to get back to your crease as soon as possible, you do not look back and slow down just because of the WK’s gesture.

Did de Kock break the law? Maybe he did.

Did Fakhar make a mistake? Yes, 100%.

That is all.
    I'm really not sure where this sense insecurity comes from...

You need to get over yourself.

Most posters here are concerned about the umpiring and the application of the laws.
    Doesn't matter which side this was against.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmirilion View Post
    Why do you guys want cricket to become a game of softies. In the 80s and 90s cricket was played with plenty agression. One way or another people find things to whine about.
    Then the laws need to be changed.
    You can't arbitrarily decide to follow some rules and ignore the others.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Then the laws need to be changed.
    You can't arbitrarily decide to follow some rules and ignore the others.
    This is the law as of now"
    41.5.2 It is for either one of the umpires to decide whether any distraction, deception or
    obstruction is wilful or not.
    So what do you want to change it to

41.5.2 It is for Pakistan to decide whether any distraction, deception or
    obstruction is wilful or not.