Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Not part of any squad in the QeA22.
    I think it must be due to the ankle injury he has been suffering from for quite a while.

My guess is that he is going to opt for surgery soon.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

Debut
    Sep 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I think it must be due to the ankle injury he has been suffering from for quite a while.

How does the average domestic Pakistani cricketer obtain surgical and medical care? Does the PCB provide health insurance?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Real shame. The guy has a real future. I hope the PCB look after him.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Confirmed.

He's out injured - ankle injury.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Saad View Post
    That's why we need 17/18 teams to spot younger players
    We have 6. You want 18. I think something in between can be good. Around 10-12. We can't afford more. You can already see the lack of quality when guys like of Khushdil and Iftikhar boss the domestic limited overs cricket tournaments. Going to 18 teams will ruin the level of cricket.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explains why he didn't play in National T20 either when everyone was questioning it. Sindh was playing plenty of youngsters and that's what has changed their team.

Disappointing to see this young lad get injured. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    Explains why he didn't play in National T20 either when everyone was questioning it. Sindh was playing plenty of youngsters and that's what has changed their team.

Disappointing to see this young lad get injured. I hope he makes a full recovery.
    I hate hate hate a young quick going under the knife, especially for a joint as crucial as the ankle. Iím not from medicine, so am completely speaking out of turn. However, Iím always of the mindset that Surgery should always be a last resort. Surgeons are basically mechanics, and your livelihood (and quality of life) will be on the line based on how well they perform. If it was up to me, I would always recommend physical rehab, even if that means sitting out a whole season. Just my two cents. Happy to be corrected.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    I hate hate hate a young quick going under the knife, especially for a joint as crucial as the ankle. I’m not from medicine, so am completely speaking out of turn. However, I’m always of the mindset that Surgery should always be a last resort. Surgeons are basically mechanics, and your livelihood (and quality of life) will be on the line based on how well they perform. If it was up to me, I would always recommend physical rehab, even if that means sitting out a whole season. Just my two cents. Happy to be corrected.
    Yep, surgery should be the last thing to do but it seems to be in this case. Saj said it himself that he's had the ankle injury for quite sometime and has been a recurring issue.

Good news is a lot of these surgeries aren't so dire as they were in the past with even basketball players returning to top form after achilles injuries when it used to be a career ender. I just hope he gets it done outside of Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    We have 6. You want 18. I think something in between can be good. Around 10-12. We can't afford more. You can already see the lack of quality when guys like of Khushdil and Iftikhar boss the domestic limited overs cricket tournaments. Going to 18 teams will ruin the level of cricket.
    The reason khushdil and ifthikar boss it is due to the pitches and the amount of averagr slow pseudo spinners that bowl in the teams.

If we had proper hard fast pitches and the teams had genuine 140 kph pacers in the team you wouldn't see likes of those players and shan masoods scoring so many runs.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3001 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Big blow for the youngster - really is an important season for him

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Domestic performances should never be the criteria for selection in a country like us where playing xi of domestic teams are not on merit , Imran did try to develop a good system but unfortunately bad team selection ruined it , In Pakistan the only way forward is to spot a bunch of highly talented youngsters from a big pool of players playing in crappy domestic teams and performing more than above average , we can then select them for A tours , if we can't have merit in selection at the domestic level we can atleast have a merit in A tours and yes there should be alot more A tours , that's the only way to groom younger players here in our setup.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's what Imran did when he was captain of Pak team , he picked highly talented individuals and train them on job and made them world beaters , that is the only way forward in Pakistan unless we have merit in domestic teams which i think is next to impossible.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have seen the selection of national t20 you can have an idea how domestic team selection works , we had 27 and 28 year olds playing with abysmal FC and OD record instead of younger players from the last 2 u19 worldcup. And I am not even talking about 40 years old uncles with domestic record still playing.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Not a good situation.

Looks like he might have to go to Dubai for a prognosis and possibly surgery.

Debut
    Mar 2022
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news about Zeeshan Zamir?.I am looking forward to see him play in the upcoming PSL.I donít know about the nature of his injury or if he is undergoing any treatment.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Any news about Zeeshan Zamir?.I am looking forward to see him play in the upcoming PSL.I don’t know about the nature of his injury or if he is undergoing any treatment.
    Unlikely he will be fit according to what he has said recently.