Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2 Years later, Pakistan's lower order batting still an issue

We might have won the series, but the problem still exists.

During the world cup back in 2019, our issue was that we had no lower order hitting. Asif Ali was taken along during the world cup, but he offered nothing. Imad Waseem won us a match against Afghanistan

But two years later, it seems Pakistan still has the same issue.

We might have found Faheem Ashraf and Hasan ali, but we have no one as a batsmen that could come before these two to take part in the striking of the ball.

Even in this series, Danish Aziz and Asif Ali failed. Babar Azam struggled. Fakhar Zaman had to do hitting in the second odi and Hasan Ali had to score runs for us today.

Will this problem persisst? Or will we have to try other players?

I believe the next target should be to convert Mohammad hafeez into a no.6 batsmen with no.5 going to Harris Sohail.

Have Hafeez at no.6 and than rely on Faheem or Hasan ali

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez has been in some incredible form, however, Iím not sure with his age that we should be including him considering we should be getting our team together for the World Cup.

Perhaps Hasan Ali should be coming a little bit up the order? It seems heís interested in that all rounder role and I remember some hard hitting innings of his in PSL.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 160KPH View Post
    Hafeez has been in some incredible form, however, I’m not sure with his age that we should be including him considering we should be getting our team together for the World Cup.

Perhaps Hasan Ali should be coming a little bit up the order? It seems he’s interested in that all rounder role and I remember some hard hitting innings of his in PSL.
    Hasan Ali would be there, but i feel we need a batsmen also that could do it

I would still test Iftikhar in t20, but for ODI, hafeez will stay till the world cup

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ifti chacha? No thanks.

3. Babar
    4. Haider Ali
    5. Haris Sohail
    6. WK (Azam Khan if he kicks on?)

7 to 11:

2 AR's.
    3 bowlers.

Comprising 2 spinners and 3 pacers.

Haris Sohail 6th bowler

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad Wasim is the answer. His numbers prove it overwhelmingly. The fact that he has batted at 7 for the most part of his career solidifies this argument. I think if you have him at 6 or 7 followed by Hasan Ali and Faheem than you have a fairly decent lower order capable of giving you that extra boost at the end.

I know Faheem's numbers are horrific but I feel he is capable of more.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 years? Iíd say 6 years. The last game Shahid Afridi played was the last time we had a genuine number 7 power hitter who could win you games with both bat and ball. Itís been 6 years and Pakistan still havenít found a replacement for Afridi.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imad Wasim is the ideal no 7
    No idea why he was dropped because hes still the best finisher pakistan has available

Its a failure of misbah and hes wasted this series that he threw in people like sarfraz and asif ali when the likes of haider were availble to bat at 5 but were used to warm the bench instead

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Drop Faheem, his batting is not good enough. Nawaz plays as a bowler instead of Shadab. Hasan at 8 or 9. Imad plays at 7. Bring in Haider Ali.

Leaves just one position really to worry about at the 6th position. Hafeez obviously would slot in, but bringing him in especially when he's retiring for good after T20 world cup is probably not worth it. Haris would be ok, but you probably need a more aggressive batsman now given both Imad and Rizwan are playing. Batting is our weak point I don't think we should be playing bowling allrounders starting from 6, just one at 7.

What we really need is a better Asif Ali. Might be stuck with just playing Asif Ali tbh, however he shouldn't be playing over Haider Ali, but with him. I can't think of any middle order batsmen who can hit at the SR Haider and Asif can.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    many of you are mentioning imad, nawaz and shadab.

I believe we do not need to weaken our spin attack. The Spinner should play based on his bowling. If we need bits and pieces, than we got Faheem and Hasan Ali covering that.

What we need is geniune batsmen who can clear the ropes or atleast rotate the strike efficiently.. I still dont trust Imad waseem as a batsmen

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    We might have won the series, but the problem still exists.

During the world cup back in 2019, our issue was that we had no lower order hitting. Asif Ali was taken along during the world cup, but he offered nothing. Imad Waseem won us a match against Afghanistan

But two years later, it seems Pakistan still has the same issue.

We might have found Faheem Ashraf and Hasan ali, but we have no one as a batsmen that could come before these two to take part in the striking of the ball.

Even in this series, Danish Aziz and Asif Ali failed. Babar Azam struggled. Fakhar Zaman had to do hitting in the second odi and Hasan Ali had to score runs for us today.

Will this problem persisst? Or will we have to try other players?

I believe the next target should be to convert Mohammad hafeez into a no.6 batsmen with no.5 going to Harris Sohail.

Have Hafeez at no.6 and than rely on Faheem or Hasan ali
    Babar azam struggled with an average of 50.when you dont play your best young talent and pick players from 3 years what else do you expect.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play saud at 4 rizwan at 5 and haider ali at 6

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad lower down the order is a must. Gives you the required impetus and bowling is valuable.

Shadab in ODI is only a option at 8.

Faheem should tussling with Hasan Ali for a spot as Hasan batting is also in the rise

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lower order issue?? The tail starts from 4 onwards !!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just 2 white hopes left now to try.. Saud and Haider!

Sarfaraz, Nawaz, Danish, Asif, Talat, Iftikhar, Khushdil, Hafeez, Malik...thats a whole team right there...who came, saw and conquered nothing.

I would consider one of Imad, Shadab, Faheem, Nawaz to be tried at 6 in T20 first to see how they fair?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saud and Haider do not deserve to bat at 6. They are not power hitters, they are proper batsmen and deserve to be treated as such.

We did the same with Umar Akmal and we would be stupid to do the same with Haider and Saud

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does any1 here rate agha salman?? Can bowl decently

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    Saud and Haider do not deserve to bat at 6. They are not power hitters, they are proper batsmen and deserve to be treated as such.

We did the same with Umar Akmal and we would be stupid to do the same with Haider and Saud
    Haider should bat at 6 were thiers less preesure and then when he has been in the team for a year he can be brought up the order.