Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Ever ODI Innings

This may have been done on here before, but after a series with 2 terrific centuries from Zaman, one of which was described by Temba Bavuma as "probably the best I have ever seen" with similar opinions from a number of pundits, which are the best ever ODI innings in your opinion?

I will list my top 10 and when I have time, I may even do a little write up for each (I'm going to stop at 6 now as I have to get ready for work haha):

1. Saeed Anwar 194 - this is an innings I both love and hate...it came against India and led to a Pakistani victory, so I hate it; but it also set the stage for what was possible in an ODI batting innings, years and years before an actual double century.

2. Viv Richards 189 - back when ODI cricket was stuttering and changing, from 60 to 50 overs...heck this game was played across 55 overs per innings, Viv reigned supreme. This innings startled just about anyone who watched it, there had been nothing like that before.

3. Viv Richards 138 - in a world cup final, this is Viv somewhat restrained. The West Indies had grown in a behemoth of a side by now and here Viv played with almost utter disdain for the English bowling. Not the most destructive but a world cup final is a world cup final.

4. Fakhar Zaman 193 - this was an innings filled with heart and destruction. One could even argue if it was not for...let's say less than top notch umpiring, he would have pulled off one of the great ODI victories.

5. Sachin Tendulkar 175 - what a time it was, as India's batsmen struggled to even reach double figures, Tendulkar merely shrugged and dragged his team, kicking and screaming to within 3 runs for a tie and 4 for the win...4 damn runs!

6. Ricky Ponting 140 - world cup final again and it's my favourite ODI batsman ever, Ricky Ponting. His career is an evolution of the game and right here, scoring 140 runs at 115, against one of the all time great India sides and he barely breaks a sweat.

To be continued...

post yours guys!

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibbs 175 to chase down Australia's 434, surely.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kholi's 183 against us in Asia cup.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ben Stokes 84 vs New Zealand, 2019

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Gibbs’ 175 vs Australia in 2006 by a country-mile.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A favorite of mine, even though I'm no diehard fan of him, Sachin's desert storm. It was a crazy innings Sachin in his prime and probably augmented by Tony Greigs commentary. As a 5'7' guy hearing "The little man has hit the big fella for six, he's half his size" makes me smile every time. Probably not the greatest ODI innings but I always make time to watch it on youtube when I'm bored- just pure entertainment.

Greatest would still be Gibbs 175. Dude was out drinking last night, fields for 3 hours chasing balls all around the park. Walks in after an early wicket knowing his team is chasing the highest score ever scored in an ODI. What do you even say about that

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miandad 116 vs India also known as the "last ball six" innings. Man smashing a 100 with a 100+SR(in the 80s mind you) while chasing , watching wickets fall around. Hitting the most clutch boundary in the history of cricket and back when sixes were rare. And in a cup final too. What an innings. Beautiful

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kabil devs 175 also deserves a mention. Although not against the best bowling attack, he still carried his team from 20-6 to 270 in a must win game. If not for that india wouldnt have made it to the finals or won the world cup.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    175 - Herschelle Gibbs vs Australia 2006. Best innings ever in a chase

189* - Viv Richards vs England 1984. Incredible innings out f team score of 270 scoring about 100 with Holding for company

175 - Sachin Tendulkar vs Australia 2009. Epic chase

175 - Kapil Dev vs Zimbabwe. On paper not a great bowling attack but India was 17-5 when Kapil came to bat in must win game

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    120 Steve Waugh vs South Africa at WC 1999
    Aravinda de Silva 107 vs Australia at WC final 1996
    Chris Cairns 102 vs India at Knockout final 2000

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miandad 1986 Sharjah 116* (114) - Come on!