"Sarfaraz Ahmed is in the team with us because we trust in his abilities" : Babar Azam

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Threaded View

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

"Sarfaraz Ahmed is in the team with us because we trust in his abilities" : Babar Azam

Babar Azam speaking on TV after end of 3rd ODI:

"Firstly thanks to the Almighty. I thought the openers batted really well and gave us momentum and I feel that continued that and batted well."

"When we lost quick wickets I was saying to the players to build partnerships. I want to give credit to Hassan Ali who came in and batted really well and he made the difference in the last 2 overs."

"We were surprised that South Africa bowled spinners so much especially in the latter stages. But we were prepared for anything and knew the pitch would take spin. Credit to our boys the way they played and the way we won the match."

"This was an important series for us and to win away in South Africa gives us a lot of confidence individually and as a group. We hope that we can continue the momentum into the T20I series."

Babar Azam speaking to the press after the 2-1 series win vs South Africa:

Sarfaraz's selection for the 3rd ODI

"The only thought behind this selection was the fact that we had lot of experience in Sarfaraz sitting on the bench and we wanted to utlize that; Also our middle-order was struggling a bit, which is why we brought in Sarfaraz"

"Sarfaraz Ahmed is in the team with us because we trust in his abilities, and we will try and utilize him in ODIs as a wicket-keeper and batsman at the number 5 position as it suits him best; That is also the position which needs a batsman to move the innings and that is what we were lacking in the previous 2 matches where the middle order was really struggling"

Review of the Series and looking ahead to England ODIs

"I am very confident about how our ODI team is shaping up; Whenever we get a good start then things move on well after that; Yes, our middle-order struggled but not that much; Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq gave a good start to the innings and I made sure I carried on with that momentum and made sure I bat as long as possible and finish it off well"

Satisfied with the performance of the top-order and concerns about the middle order

"Its good to see our top-order performed well and against a good side which gives you a lot of confidence but we will see how we can fill in the gap in the middle-order; This is also the reason why we played Sarfaraz today because he is our senior player and as able to move the innings along"

On becoming number one ODI batsman

"I try and enjoy my cricket and do what's best for the team"
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th April 2021 at 23:35.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter