"My name is only associated with players who are not performing well" : Misbah-ul-Haq

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

"My name is only associated with players who are not performing well" : Misbah-ul-Haq

Misbah-ul-Haq speaking to the media:

"Winning the series against South Africa has given us immense confidence. We will try to continue winning in the future. There is more pressure when you face sides like Zimbabwe. The expectations are really high. There are different conditions and oppositions. Zimbabwe have nothing to lose. The host team is comfortable in their own conditions and would be looking for opportunities. A mistake can cost us badly. The conditions here will be different and we expect some extra bounce"

“It is an opportunity for performing players to stamp their authority while it is a chance for youngsters to make their mark. We cannot make all the changes in one go. We have made a rotation policy. People should stop worrying about Shaheen Shah’s workload. We are looking into it and will rest him wherever necessary"

“Selectors chose Asif Ali on the basis of his performances. I support whoever is performing the most. I equally support everyone but it seems, in media, my name is only associated with players who are not performing well. Nobody mentions players who are doing well"

“The team has many new faces. We can give them opportunities and prepare them for the future. The most important part was winning the series. If we had lost people would have started talking. We will give chances to youngsters but making a better combination is also important. 200 runs in today’s world is common. Our power—hitters could not live up to our expectations. We are giving chances"

“Despite performing in domestic cricket and the PSL, some players could not live up to our expectations in international cricket. We are hopeful of having a settled squad before the world cup in the series against England"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with Misbah Zim vs Pak will be a tight contest

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah is being a bit thin-skinned here, criticism is part of the territory of a professional coach. He's not a naive individual and understands the factors at play in the media. I won't be surprised if there's an element of putting pressure on Mohammad Wasim for future selection meetings.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Misbah sounding a bit grumpy in this press conference.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    No doubt getting irritated with the stick he's getting over picking the likes of Asif Ali.

It's a no-win job:

Team wins, it's due to the players.
    Team loses, it's the Coach's fault.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah is like everyone's office manager

Always have some reasons or to the others to save himself (and to justify his favorites in the team) even when totally it is his poor selection, reading , strategies of the game..

He really made Pakistan team , a real office ; with him being the manager, his favorites getting nod (despite poor performances), and some deserving players left out getting frustrated..

Possibly this is the reason, PCB thinks Misbah as one of their OWN.. Similar personality , same attitude like any one within PCB's ranks

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    No doubt getting irritated with the stick he's getting over picking the likes of Asif Ali.

It's a no-win job:

When did Misbah accepted loss (even in his cricketing career) ?? These days, if team is winning it is because of him, and if it looses (which in most of the cases because of his fav players), its COVID

Misbah has ruined this culture of accepting mistakes... Last time captains who accepted mistakes for their team failures were Sarfaraz, Younis, and Shahid Afridi.. and we know what PCB did to them

Easy way to be the captain of Pakistan team is to blame external factors for the losses,, take credit for the WINS..By this way, Misbah gives much needed cushion to PCB administrators. And that is why he is LOVED so much by PCB.. His job is to work with players and make the best out of the team,, not to be a PCB spokesperson

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see what his approach is to the series.

If he's smart, he'd take away the big guns and see what the rest of the team can do.

For me:

Faheem out, Wasim Jr. in.

Hasan out, Arshad in.

Asif out, Sarfaraz in.

I know that Sarfaraz will put additional pressure on Rizwan, which is why I wouldn't play Rizwan in the series. Instead, I'd give some young lad the chance to open with Babar.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a no-win job:

You need to have a very very thick skin to be the coach or captain or chief selector of a Pakistani or Indian cricket team.

Misbah is known for being calm and cool but I think that's a facade - After becoming coach/CS a lot of his press conferences are such where he's show annoyance and irritation...Dealing with ungrateful and unforgiving media and fans is part of the parcel for which he gets paid the $$$

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post

If he's smart, he'd take away the big guns and see what the rest of the team can do.

For me:

Hasan out, Arshad in.

Asif out, Sarfaraz in.

I know that Sarfaraz will put additional pressure on Rizwan, which is why I wouldn't play Rizwan in the series. Instead, I'd give some young lad the chance to open with Babar.
    Pakistan will play with the exact same team that beat SA, most likely replacing Asif with Usman Qadir, if they get a 2-0 lead then you might see Wasim/Arshad etc in 3rd game..

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    Pakistan will play with the exact same team that beat SA, most likely replacing Asif with Usman Qadir, if they get a 2-0 lead then you might see Wasim/Arshad etc in 3rd game..
    So theyre gonna go with an even weaker batting lineup by adding yet anothet bowler?

Any sensible coach would try to shore up the failing middle order after the last series debacle

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I think Misbah will play it safe, wait to win the series and then maybe give some of the youngsters a token game.

This has been a recurring pattern.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think Misbah will play it safe, wait to win the series and then maybe give some of the youngsters a token game.

Its time babar spoke up What i dont understand is how can babar allow misbah to run the show after all his talk that he doesnt want to be a dummy captain?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's got experience of losing to Zim as captain so every reason for him to be careful. Bamboozled by the Zimbabwe quicks I remember his proteges Azhar and Asad showering praise on them.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who thinks there are too many people who voice their opinion in Pak cricket. Captain and head coach updating media after a series should be sufficient. I see batting coach, bowling coach, fielding coach, selector, dropped players, new players, senior cricketers etc everyone coming for their 2 minutes of fame.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

"Winning the series against South Africa has given us immense confidence. We will try to continue winning in the future. There is more pressure when you face sides like Zimbabwe. The expectations are really high. There are different conditions and oppositions. Zimbabwe have nothing to lose. The host team is comfortable in their own conditions and would be looking for opportunities. A mistake can cost us badly. The conditions here will be different and we expect some extra bounce"

“It is an opportunity for performing players to stamp their authority while it is a chance for youngsters to make their mark. We cannot make all the changes in one go. We have made a rotation policy. People should stop worrying about Shaheen Shah’s workload. We are looking into it and will rest him wherever necessary"

“Selectors chose Asif Ali on the basis of his performances. I support whoever is performing the most. I equally support everyone but it seems, in media, my name is only associated with players who are not performing well. Nobody mentions players who are doing well"

“The team has many new faces. We can give them opportunities and prepare them for the future. The most important part was winning the series. If we had lost people would have started talking. We will give chances to youngsters but making a better combination is also important. 200 runs in today’s world is common. Our power—hitters could not live up to our expectations. We are giving chances"

“Despite performing in domestic cricket and the PSL, some players could not live up to our expectations in international cricket. We are hopeful of having a settled squad before the world cup in the series against England"

Selectors only put players in the Squad? Why is Asif Ali playing? you could have played Sharjeel Khan in the middle order. How many times are you going to test Asif Ali with same results.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it also has to do with the fact that Misbah is generally disliked in Pakistan and by a lot of Pak cricket fans. But he has certainly not helped himself in his tenure so far by picking Shahzad and Akmal, persisting with players like Asif Ali, falling out with Amir etc.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again a very defensive mindset and psychology. He is more worried about losing the series rather than planning for a big tournament

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a no-win job:

Asif Ali is totally Misbah's fault

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me:

Hasan out, Arshad in.

Asif out, Sarfaraz in.

why would u play sarfraz when u have Danish Aziz and Sharjeel Khan sitting ....
    Sarfraz is a useless cog in this squad

i would drop Hassan and SSA and play Wasim Arshad and Faheem as front line bowlers.. give them confidence to attack rather than be 2nd lag pony

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    Unfortunate.

At least Shaheen is resting, which means that one new pacer is guaranteed a spot. It might be Hasnain though.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    True, ANd asif ali was selected by M. Waseem

Peopl look for excuses to bash Misbah.

ANyways, hes the guy who defeated Sa in Sa twice now.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Asif Ali is totally Misbah's fault
    It's also wasim fault as he picked him for the squad.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    alot of people cant give credit to Misbah for transforming M. Rizwan

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    alot of people cant give credit to Misbah for transforming M. Rizwan
    Are you saying that Misbah deserves credit for Rizwan's recent performances?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Are you saying that Misbah deserves credit for Rizwan's recent performances?
    Misbah and Younis both deserve credit for backing Rizwan and working on his batting.

It was only recently in New Zealand when everyone was calling for Rizwan to be dropped and removed from the opening spot until he hit 80+ in the last game. Who stuck with him despite all the criticism and failures of Rizwan?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Misbah rightly deserves some stick for backing Asif Ali. Its a selection that makes no sense and one that has never shown any chance of succeeding.

Misbah and Younis deserve credit for backing Rizwan and some other players, but their desire to persist with Asif Ali defies logic. Even if he scores in this series, he simply is not fit to play international cricket and it has been obvious for quite some time.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 21st April 2021 at 02:47.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor lad...I sort of agree with him.

Of course its Misbah's fault that these lot cant score 20 runs combined...

Iftikhar, Talat, Khushdil, Danish, Asif, Haider, Sarfaraz, Shadab, Nawaz all tried at nos 5 and 6 in various games over the last few months cant hold a bat the right way up.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Misbah and Younis both deserve credit for backing Rizwan and working on his batting.

It was only recently in New Zealand when everyone was calling for Rizwan to be dropped and removed from the opening spot until he hit 80+ in the last game. Who stuck with him despite all the criticism and failures of Rizwan?
    There's a difference between transforming and backing a player.

Does Misbah deserve credit for backing Rizwan for the opening position? Yes, he does. Anyone who thinks otherwise has something against Misbah. One of the rare times I agreed with Misbah on anything. However, does that mean Misbah deserves credit for Rizwan's transformation? No, absolutely not. Rizwan was a transformed player as he showed in the national T20 before opening for Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical Misbah always on the defensive whenever he comes out for a press conference. He needs to stop taking criticism personally and should focus on his job.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of the journalists/reporters in the pressers are only there to incite an angry response for boosting their channels/paper sales and gossip stuff. The standard of journalism/reporting in Pakistan is extremely low.

Age also seems to be getting to Misbah.

It's a thankless job. People always try to find faults in people they don't like. It's a common thing in Pak cricket, every thing bad is Misbah's fault and every thing good is Sarfraz/Mickey/Wasim's work.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Good for you.

If you don't like these small nuances at the work place, then PLEASE RESIGN !!

Man, this guy is such a rondhu person.

Have you EVER seen any other "HEAD COACH" throwing their toys out of the prom like this?

Maaf kar yar,,, resign already !!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Good for you.

If you don't like these small nuances at the work place, then PLEASE RESIGN !!

Man, this guy is such a rondhu person.

Have you EVER seen any other "HEAD COACH" throwing their toys out of the prom like this?

Maaf kar yar,,, resign already !!
    yeh, sit in his shoes and get critisized all your life even for doing the right thing and i would like to see how long will you survive. Especially condiering that you have the media and fans hating you for no reason.

Resign? WHy should he resign? WHat wrong has he done? Why should he throw away his career?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    Misbah is like everyone's office manager

Always have some reasons or to the others to save himself (and to justify his favorites in the team) even when totally it is his poor selection, reading , strategies of the game..

He really made Pakistan team , a real office ; with him being the manager, his favorites getting nod (despite poor performances), and some deserving players left out getting frustrated..

Possibly this is the reason, PCB thinks Misbah as one of their OWN.. Similar personality , same attitude like any one within PCB's ranks
    He also is promoting Autopilot captains like Rizwan and Autopilot coaches such as Waqar and Younis

The office manager with the Autopilot staff

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    Poor lad...I sort of agree with him.

Of course its Misbah's fault that these lot cant score 20 runs combined...

Iftikhar, Talat, Khushdil, Danish, Asif, Haider, Sarfaraz, Shadab, Nawaz all tried at nos 5 and 6 in various games over the last few months cant hold a bat the right way up.
    problem with our fans is that they will bash Asif ALi (m. waseem selection), and whine about Haider Ali and others not getting selected.

Misbah gave everyone a chance. Haider Ali, Danish Aziz, Sarfraz, Nawaz. Not a single one of them perforemd with the bat at the finishing stage.

Now what is Misbah suppose to do? Asif Ali was selected by M.Waseem.
    Eventually someone had to play in team eleven, not one of these guys performed.

Misbah even gave Sharjeel a chacne, and he didn't perform.

I dont understand what these people want. Eventually Iftikhar Ahmed will be back, and Misbah will also get crtisized for that. But Iftikhar would be back because 4-5 players were tested and not one of them succeeded. Iftikhar would be favoured as he is avg near the 40s in t20.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    problem with our fans is that they will bash Asif ALi (m. waseem selection), and whine about Haider Ali and others not getting selected.

Misbah gave everyone a chance. Haider Ali, Danish Aziz, Sarfraz, Nawaz. Not a single one of them perforemd with the bat at the finishing stage.

I dont understand what these people want. Eventually Iftikhar Ahmed will be back, and Misbah will also get crtisized for that. But Iftikhar would be back because 4-5 players were tested and not one of them succeeded. Iftikhar would be favoured as he is avg near the 40s in t20.
    Misbah gave Sharjeel one chance and he failed...

Misbah gave Rizwan a million chances for him to eventually come good against B grade attacks and now Misbah deserves full credit?!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post

Misbah gave Rizwan a million chances for him to eventually come good against B grade attacks and now Misbah deserves full credit?!
    Sharjeel got his chance against same B grade attack. If Sharjeel can't perform against B grade attack thats his fault.

Btw, Sharjeel Khan has played almost 40+ matches. Don't tell me he didn't get his chances. Once you fail in your previous chances, the number of chances you get later starts to decrease.

Sharjeel got his chance against the same bowling attack for which you are critisizng Rizwan, Sharjeel did nothing.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh, sit in his shoes and get critisized all your life even for doing the right thing and i would like to see how long will you survive. Especially condiering that you have the media and fans hating you for no reason.

Resign? WHy should he resign? WHat wrong has he done? Why should he throw away his career?
    I would've a little shame and self respect.
    I would walk away from such a job if there was really so much of an unbearable criticism, OR I would've SHUT MY MOUTH and have kept on doing what I am supposed to do till I get fired.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah gets criticised as he has got no credentials being a coach of a national team. To make matters worse, he was given a PSL team to gain some coaching experience after getting the job.

To be fair, it is more PCB incompetence for giving a player with no coaching experience or qualifications the job. There must be a reason why specialist are chosen to do specialist jobs.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a difference between transforming and backing a player.

Does Misbah deserve credit for backing Rizwan for the opening position? Yes, he does. Anyone who thinks otherwise has something against Misbah. One of the rare times I agreed with Misbah on anything. However, does that mean Misbah deserves credit for Rizwan's transformation? No, absolutely not. Rizwan was a transformed player as he showed in the national T20 before opening for Pakistan.
    I don't know where OP came up with the transformation part. That's quite an exaggeration.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    Misbah gets criticised as he has got no credentials being a coach of a national team. To make matters worse, he was given a PSL team to gain some coaching experience after getting the job.

To be fair, it is more PCB incompetence for giving a player with no coaching experience or qualifications the job. There must be a reason why specialist are chosen to do specialist jobs.
    Partially correct but not really.
    This greedy person scammed PCB into getting this job.

If he had an iota of honesty and any care for the betterment of Pakistan cricket, he would've NEVER applied for the job fully knowing that he is not qualified for.

But this requires a belief beyond oneself.
    Misbah doesn't have that.

He even applied to have all his income taxes be forgiven so that all his earning becomes tax free.

Yani, this country has given you everything (Fame, money, opportunity, work etc ), and you want to use all the facilities provided to you by this country (roads, grounds, airports etc), but you don't like to give it back to the country. This is the true face of Misbah.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would've a little shame and self respect.
    I would walk away from such a job if there was really so much of an unbearable criticism, OR I would've SHUT MY MOUTH and have kept on doing what I am supposed to do till I get fired.
    you would have walked away because you would have hard time handling the criticism. It needs a person with strong mental toughness to bare the PCB jobs like Misbah has for the last 11 years.

You talk about shame and self respect, for you that means doing what media and majority asks for. At PCB or any proeper organization, you dont play to the gallows. You do what you think is right, because at the end of the day you will be responsible.
    If you make decisions to please the majority, something messes up, the majority won't be responsible.

Misbah was critiszied for playing two spinners in test matches during UAE tours. He was bashed all around, and yet he stayed determined because he knew what he was doing was right and we stayed undefeated under him in UAE.

Easy to say I would have shut my mouth. Misbah has kept his mouth shut. Any other person in his position would had been saying much worse things.

Misbah hasn't said anything wrong, what he has said is right. Asif Ali's name is being labelled with misbah again and again, when Misbah is not even the selector now. Asif Ali was selected by mohammad Waseem.

When PCB gets the squad list, the signature on it is of the chief selector, not the coach.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If he had an iota of honesty and any care for the betterment of Pakistan cricket, he would've NEVER applied for the job fully knowing that he is not qualified for.

He even applied to have all his income taxes be forgiven so that all his earning becomes tax free.

Yani, this country has given you everything (Fame, money, opportunity, work etc ), and you want to use all the facilities provided to you by this country (roads, grounds, airports etc), but you don't like to give it back to the country. This is the true face of Misbah.
    he was qualified for the job as the job requirement was being fulfilled by his captaincy experience.

You really trying hard to critisize him by using weird analogies that dont make sense.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was qualified for the job as the job requirement was being fulfilled by his captaincy experience.

lol You can imagine the level of your mental intellect.

Do I need to argue with you anymore?

You really trying hard to critisize him by using weird analogies that dont make sense.
    read above again.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Rizwan didn't get a million chances to eventually come good. In the last 2 years since Sarfaraz got dumped, Rizwan has played 20 T20I matches and has managed to outperform Babar. Rizwan played innings in NZ that most Pakistani players including Sharjeel cannot even dream of playing.

Rizwan:Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.28.25 PM.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  10.3 KB

Babar: Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.28.35 PM.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  9.6 KB

Sharjeel: Name:  Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 7.34.50 PM.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  7.9 KB

I threw in Sharjeel's T20 career to show how much of an "upgrade" he is to Rizwan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rizwan didn't get a million chances to eventually come good. In the last 2 years since Sarfaraz got dumped, Rizwan has played 20 T20I matches and has managed to outperform Babar. Rizwan played innings in NZ that most Pakistani players including Sharjeel cannot even dream of playing.

I threw in Sharjeel's T20 career to show how much of an "upgrade" he is to Rizwan.
    I would take all of these performances against South Africa F and the one good knock against New Zealand with a pinch of salt. My argument remains still. Give Sharjeel the same backing and he will fire hard. A same sort of backing was given to Fakhar, and he now looks like our most dangerous batsman

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would take all of these performances against South Africa F and the one good knock against New Zealand with a pinch of salt. My argument remains still. Give Sharjeel the same backing and he will fire hard. A same sort of backing was given to Fakhar, and he now looks like our most dangerous batsman
    Fakhar nor Rizwan took a million chances to get going. Fakhar literally won Pakistan the CT upon debuting and Rizwan has been very consistent since his comeback in 2019 (averages 46 in tests). Neither of the two took much time to get going as you say.

On the other hand, Sharjeel is the oldest and the only unfit of the 3. Of course, he will not get as much backing as Riz and Fakhar.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wonder why only the pakistan coaches are in limelight. other coaches of international team don't get talked much.

ultimately it's the players who play on ground and make those match situation decisions on ground and coaches should not be blamed for everything.
    I see it happens on this forum a lot

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will we get rid of this guy, first as captain then selectors-coach and now as coach, he is just a bad news for the team in any role he takes.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems he is not capable of dealing with pressure. When it gets to him he tends to lash out against the media. I don’t see any other nation besides Pakistan picking him as a coach. I hope the result of the Twenty20 World Cup opens the PCB’s eyes. They selected the wrong man for the job from the very beginning.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said 👏 this should be POTW. The one thing Misbah cannot be criticized for is giving chances to all players including the young and experienced. He's even selected Fawad Alam in tests! Everyone has been in contention as long as they have domestic performances to back themselves. He's been very fair in this regard

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rizwan got a good amount of opportunities in ODIs and Tests and he also brought his form from Test cricket to T20s. Rizwan’s been in and out for 5-6 years if I am not mistaking and didn’t announce himself in a bang either.
    Nor did Babar who himself averaged paltry 30ish after 15 ODI games. And Nor did Kohli who had a lean Debut series against SriLanka in 2008.
    You have to be patient with new players to develop or you won’t get nothing.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol You can imagine the level of your mental intellect.

Do I need to argue with you anymore?

read above again.
    again, you may get as personal as you want because you dont have answers obviously

The job advertisement stated the requirements and Misbah fullfilled those requirements.

If he did not fulfill those requirements, anyone of you can sue Misbah in court over it.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    again, agaisnt the same opposition, the same F graded South Africa, Sharjeel did not perform

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If we are to deduce from history, Misbah will pick a full strength squad for first 2 T20s, against the mighty and gutsy Zimbabweans.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    why would u play sarfraz when u have Danish Aziz and Sharjeel Khan sitting ....
    Sarfraz is a useless cog in this squad

i would drop Hassan and SSA and play Wasim Arshad and Faheem as front line bowlers.. give them confidence to attack rather than be 2nd lag pony
    SSA is already rested, so he won't be playing either way.

I think we should keep one of our experienced bowlers in the team, which is why I'd play Hasan in case the new bowlers are finding it difficult to adjust.

Danish could play, but I have no interest of playing Sharjeel Khan as there's no spot on the team for him.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    It's also wasim fault as he picked him for the squad.
    I would not be surprised to find out that Misbah push Wasim to select Asif Ali in the squad. Misbah has always backed up Asif Ali.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is the bolded part true? This is horrible if true

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the bolded part true? This is horrible if true
    Oh bhai these are straight out lies and just ways to malign Misbah's good name. PCB and Federal Bureau of Revenue (FBR) rifts are well documented in the public domain. PCB used to get taxed at a lower tax bracket and in turn obviously the players would get taxed less. As with most employees, employment taxes are cut from their paychecks and held by the employer (tax deduction at source). Due to this, players were taxed lower than what FBR wanted. Misbah is not the only one who was affected by this

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    If we are to deduce from history, Misbah will pick a full strength squad for first 2 T20s, against the mighty and gutsy Zimbabweans.
    History can be wrong eh

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not be surprised to find out that Misbah push Wasim to select Asif Ali in the squad. Misbah has always backed up Asif Ali.
    Asif Ali played for wasims nothern team

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A bit sensitive misby?

Lol.

Get used to it.

Tests- I can see him taling us forward but Odi and T20- no chance!

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    Oh bhai these are straight out lies and just ways to malign Misbah's good name. PCB and Federal Bureau of Revenue (FBR) rifts are well documented in the public domain. PCB used to get taxed at a lower tax bracket and in turn obviously the players would get taxed less. As with most employees, employment taxes are cut from their paychecks and held by the employer (tax deduction at source). Due to this, players were taxed lower than what FBR wanted. Misbah is not the only one who was affected by this
    Looks like you are resident second lawyer for Misbah. For them everyone out there to get their poor Misbah.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waqar's inswinging yorker View Post
    A bit sensitive misby?

Lol.

Get used to it.

Tests- I can see him taling us forward but Odi and T20- no chance!
    For a team of Pakistan's history and stature, I'd like to see a more positive outlook than bashing minnows at home and getting humiliated everywhere else.

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason Misbah's name is associated with players who do not perform well is simple because Misbah doesn't associate himself with the team, when the team loses - zero responsibility.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Looks like you are resident second lawyer for Misbah. For them everyone out there to get their poor Misbah.
    I advocate for people that put down their head and work hard with sincerity. Im sure there's others like me out here that appreciate his work but are just not up to go against the resident hater group. I find a lot of people just bash him so that they can get support when they push their own agendas. Readers deserve more than one perspective
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd April 2021 at 05:58.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    I advocate for people that put down their head and work hard with sincerity.
    "sincerity"?

How can you be "SINCERE" when you apply for a 2in1 job, fully knowing that you are not qualified for either?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "sincerity"?

How can you be "SINCERE" when you apply for a 2in1 job, fully knowing that you are not qualified for either?
    Obviously if he thought he couldn't do it or if the higher ups didn't think he could do it, he wouldn't have gotten the job.

The 2in1 job was a one of a kind and Misbah is a one of a kind person. IMO no one in Pakistan cricket was a better candidate.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSA is already rested, so he won't be playing either way.

I think we should keep one of our experienced bowlers in the team, which is why I'd play Hasan in case the new bowlers are finding it difficult to adjust.

Danish could play, but I have no interest of playing Sharjeel Khan as there's no spot on the team for him.
    looks like we both got it wrong with Danish... he has been abs abysmal .....

bowling was never a problem .... at least in Zimbabwe

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    looks like we both got it wrong with Danish... he has been abs abysmal .....

bowling was never a problem .... at least in Zimbabwe
    So they've sent Fakhar further down the order and brought Sarfaraz in.

Feel bad for Arshad, looked like a smart bowler.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coach is even more delusional than the fans.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The mediocre former cricketer, captain and current coach Misbah needs to realize that he is the coach of the whole team, including those players not performing well. Ofcourse he would get flak for it. It is his responsibility.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really feel sorry for arshad he bowled really well for then to get dropped.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you will about Misbah but only he thought Rizwan had it in him to succeed as an opener in T20s. No one and I mean no one thought Rizwan would make in the T20 format, let alone as opener and since becoming opener in T20Is, Rizwan has averaged 82 with a strike-rate of 140. He has hands down been the best T20I batsman in the world this year. If it wasn't for Misbah we would probably still have Sarfraz or a hack like Zeeshan Ashraf as keeper.