"I wasnít getting the respect I deserved, thatís why I took the decision to retire" : Mohammad Amir - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Two main thoughts from this:

1. Amir is an intelligent individual and raises a number of very valid points about the system in place which ought to be listened to.

2. He doesn't realise what he did when he spot-fixed if he thinks he is entitled to superstar treatment now. He is indebted to Pakistan, not the other way round.

Also does Waqar simply create tension with everyone who isn't a yes man? Seems like he's the common denominator in so many fallings out.
    Exactly Waqar has had issues in the past in this same regard. Doesn’t surprise me, he is clearly not the one cut out to be in the coaching or team mgmt capacity

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a basic question i have of amir....when he was 18 he was bowling close to 150 kph in tests (melbourne 09) in spells. When he came back, he seemed to be able to go up to 145 when he felt like it....he was not able to swing the ball in certain spells. Slowly over a period of two to three years his average pace dwindled to below 130. That is not good enough for international test cricket no matter how much 'skill' you have with the ball (Exhibit A - mohammad abbas/praveen kumar). I never saw results of any effort from him to look leaner, fitter, stronger - pacers with relatively high speeds built themselves over years...he did not appear to.

in any case, he owed pakistan cricket a lot after he was brought back from what should have been a career ending error. He might be right about certain aspects of team management but he is absolutely unwilling to concede any underperformance on his part. Good riddance i would say - the man comes across as an entitled so-and-so....and i say this as someone who was very pro-amir when it came to his ban and bringing him back.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a convicted criminal he should not be able to get British citizenship, Priti will not let him, lol.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    As a convicted criminal he should not be able to get British citizenship, Priti will not let him, lol.
    Thats a good point... how is he eligible for British residency/ citizenship anyway? Arent convicted persons disqualified from immigration.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    Thats a good point... how is he eligible for British residency/ citizenship anyway? Arent convicted persons disqualified from immigration.
    Think his wife is British and based on her sponsorship he got Tier 2 general. Once he spend 5 years in UK with that visa, he is eligible for ILR or citizenship.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Think his wife is British and based on her sponsorship he got Tier 2 general. Once he spend 5 years in UK with that visa, he is eligible for ILR or citizenship.
    Buddy, i am not asking under which tier is he eligible, i am questioning how is that allowed despite being a convicted/incarcerated person. If i am not mistaken usually a conviction is a big disqualification for any kinda visa/immigration.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Reading the interview it seems even more clear that Amir has given up on his Pakistan career and is more focused on life in England and earning good money from the T20 leagues. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, good luck to him.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you're doing well enough to be respected? Getting whacked around by Khushdil of all people is an embarrassment.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0/31 after his first 2 overs today against Peshawar. Zazai has absolutely smashed him

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Amir making Mark Ealham proud. He will definitely get some respect from him

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever harm he has done to Pakistan cricket, it really doesn't matters for him. Still he wants to play on his own terms and conditions. Definitely one of the most shameless cricketer in the history of the game.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol the guy wants to be respected for being swept by Iftikhar

Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Entebbe, Uganda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he wants respect for knocking over Kohli twice in two balls. Not many bowlers around the world can do that.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir in PSL 6 - 2021:

4 wickets in 10 matches
    Avg: 78 - Highest bowling average amongst the top 40 PSL bowlers this season
    Best: 1/14
    Econ: 8.28

Mohammad Amir 10 10 37.4 2 312 4 1/14 78.00 8.28 56.5 0 0
    (Karachi Kings)

Sad demise of a super talented player.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_thrills View Post
    No, he wants respect for knocking over Kohli twice in two balls. Not many bowlers around the world can do that.
    How long is he going to live off that? Cricket is all about your current firm and abilities?

Junaid Khan bullied Kohli in 2012-13, he hasn't been able to live off it

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    How long is he going to live off that? Cricket is all about your current firm and abilities?

Junaid Khan bullied Kohli in 2012-13, he hasn't been able to live off it
    Honestly, you should question the post you just quoted.

How does speed_thrills know Aamir is living off those two balls to Kohli?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir has not taken a wicket in the last 6 consecutive games. Could make it 7 today.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless he can start bowling at 140-143 range again he is finished. He isn't potent at the speed at which he bowls.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir's PSL 6:

Matches - 11
    Overs - 41.4
    Wickets - 5
    Runs conceded - 349
    Average - 69.80
    Economy - 8.37

He took his 5th wicket in his final over today. It was his first wicket after 28.1 overs (169 consecutive deliveries).

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazx View Post
    Whatever harm he has done to Pakistan cricket, it really doesn't matters for him. Still he wants to play on his own terms and conditions. Definitely one of the most shameless cricketer in the history of the game.
    I dont think its his own terms

If your coach/manager keeps on saying curse words to you (like your phoopi) we have given you chance and if you dontlipe our terms , see we have Dennis Lillle(Naseem Shah), Wasim Akram (Shaheen Afridi), etc. sitting behind

Who will want to work with such dehaati mindset of Misbah and Waqar; Amir has been playing non stop cricket since his comeback; he was the bowler with many dropped catches of his bowling
    Misbah and Waqar on the other hand also blamed Amir for their own losses in Australia and NZ , where our Denniss Lille (Naseem Shah) and Wasim Akram (Shaheen Afridi) failed miserably

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Mohammad Amir's PSL 6:

Matches - 11
    Overs - 41.4
    Wickets - 5
    Runs conceded - 349
    Average - 69.80
    Economy - 8.37

He took his 5th wicket in his final over today. It was his first wicket after 28.1 overs (169 consecutive deliveries).
    And based on this some want him back for the World Cup?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    And based on this some want him back for the World Cup?
    Just one or two individuals, not the vast majority. You don't see anyone protesting in the streets for such an ordinary player

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed, not sure why everyone thinks this is a well thought out interview, hes a selfish entitled person, all the bowling coaches hes played under have said he bowl within himself, point is he didn't perform consistently and even in tests he was babied and played only in SENA conditions and was horrible there as well since his comeback
    he's correct about the selectors and management just handing out debuts and then discarding those players but other than that he can **** off

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you are a good cricketer but lack of education and lack of good company and good experiences that result in you not being able to understand the concept that,

Hardly anyone ďrespectsĒ anyone on their own.

If you want to be respected then you must EARN it by showing intelligence, integrity, leadership skills, man management skills, social skills, mental maturity, AND by giving respect to others.

No one is your chachay ka puttar who is going to respect you. Itís a ruthless world out there.

Be a man and a smart one.
    And you will find it a lot easier to maneuver your way in life.
    Last edited by Colorblind Genius; 20th July 2021 at 10:16.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    When you are a good cricketer but lack of education and lack of good company and good experiences that result in you not being able to understand the concept that,

Hardly anyone “respects” anyone on their own.

If you want to be respected then you must EARN it by showing intelligence, integrity, leadership skills, man management skills, social skills, mental maturity, AND by giving respect to others.

No one is your chachay ka puttar who is going to respect you. It’s a ruthless world out there.

Be a man and a smart one.
    And you will find it a lot easier to maneuver your way in life.
    Pretty true. You will always bump into people who do not instantly respect you- it's almost a weird sense of entitlement to expect otherwise. The only counter to such things is to carry yourself with dignity & act in good faith, doing your job or duty to the best you can. Trust anyone else with good intentions to recognise that but you can never assume everyone else will even recognise or appreciate that (always be jealous, grasping, desperate or simply others with different goals).

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    We will have Wasim Khan's take on the Amir situation soon.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with those who keep going on about his past. He served his punishment, whether you agree/diagree with the length and severity of it is irrelevant now.

But coming back to the topic, if it was another player who had performed or was performing like him we'd be wanting them out of the team too. We respect, I respect him but he desn't deserve a sport.

Retirement is also his choice, if he decided to retire during his ban or straight after that was also his choice and no one could blame him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Wasim Khan speaking to PakPassion.net about the Mohammad Amir situation:

PakPassion.net: What grievances did Mohammad Amir share with you during your meeting with him at his residence?

Wasim Khan: Mohammad Amir has already publicly stated what his complaints were in this regard and as our meeting was a private matter, I wonít divulge what was discussed between us and will leave it with the Cricket Board to deal with the issue. To clarify, I went to his house as an investment of my time to understand his grievances and see if there was a way forward. Waqar Younis and others have already said that the door is open for him to take back his retirement and make himself available again. I have a good relationship with Amir and speak with him regularly and there are no issues or any vendetta from the PCB side or point of view, and we will always remain open to quality players if they want to make themselves available for the country. After this meeting, Amir knows our stance and Iím aware of his stance, but for the good of the country itís up to him if he wants to make himself available.

PakPassion.net: Do you think Mohammad Amir will take back his retirement and make himself available for his country once again?

Wasim Khan: Thatís a tough question to answer for me. Thatís really down to Amir as a choice because as we know he announced his retirement from all formats. If he wishes to come back, then the first thing he would need to do is to take back that retirement. He will need to make himself available, play and do whatever was required from a domestic cricket point of view and to put himself in the shop window and be available for selection. Then itís clearly a case for the selectors to make a decision based on form and fitness and whether he merits a place in the side just as any Board would do. You want your very best players to be available and any sport or country would want that. We all know what he can bring to the table. Heís a big match player with a temperament for the big occasion but ultimately the ball is in his court. I suppose itís down to personal choices as you cannot force people and we certainly wonít be doing that as a Board.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he had the decency to admit he did wrong and served his time unlike the other two!

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching amir bowl these days is like watching a fast finger spinner who bowls the odd quicker one.

He is absolutely obsessed with the cutters. His default position is to defend and not concede boundaries. In the Hundred, he was brought on for his second to bowl to take livingstone out. Instead he was so frightened of getting hit that he kept trying to bowl wide of the stumps with cutters.

Itís so sad what he has become. I am inclined to agree with him that Misbah and Waqar are toxic, but if you are bowling as poorly as he is, itís not the time to make demands or cry unfair treatment if not selected

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why this guy isn't trying to play in the Minor league cricket formed in USA. That is surely a gateway for residency and playing for them in the future, look at Corey and Aslam

If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    To be fair to Amir, his bowling in the Hundred has pretty much shown that it's not lack of effort that has been the problem when bowling for Pakistan, he's just physically shot. He can still make the ball do far more than most Pakistan bowlers, just without the speed it has no threat. He's reduced to bowling for the wide markers with the new ball to avoid getting thrashed. He really should have shown some humility and the Pakistan management could have kept him around the international fixtures.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was over bowled when he came back. Misbah had the ill-judged strategy of having 4 man bowling attacks with 3 seamers and one spinner bowling as a stock bowler. This put the 3 seamers under pressure. Amir was over bowled in 2016 in Manchester when England got 500. It's not possible to take the new ball and bowl 25 overs after 5 years out. This happened in other matches too.

Pakistan should have had a 5 man attack with 4 seamers, Amir should have played as a 4th seamer bowling 16-18 overs a day.
    If he'd been protected like this he would still be playing Test cricket. Constantly putting him under pressure to bowl a lot of overs took its toll and led to his disenchantment from Test cricket, Misbah and the Pakistan management are responsible for that. Pakistan don't know how to look after their fast bowlers, England do know how to protect theirs. If your fast bowler is telling you his body is feeling the strain, then listen to him or he will walk away,

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redmaverik84 View Post
    I wonder why this guy isn't trying to play in the Minor league cricket formed in USA. That is surely a gateway for residency and playing for them in the future, look at Corey and Aslam
    He has a British wife and will be eligible for British passport soon.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Sharjeel, Fakhar, Asif Ali are on song there arenít many hitters better than them. If you know what I mean.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He actually played him when he actually was a good bowler.Back in 2010.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Amir seems physically shot at this point, outside the odd game his best days are behind him

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The guy is around 32/33, so the decline in his physical sharpness is not unexpected. You could of course go down Jimmy route and delay the inevitable but that takes effort and Amir seems not to have it.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The guy is around 32/33, so the decline in his physical sharpness is not unexpected. You could of course go down Jimmy route and delay the inevitable but that takes effort and Amir seems not to have it.
    32/33 is peak age for a bowler, a man should be in his prime at that age. But that depends on his lifestyle, I can remember he turned up for a court appearance wearing a legalise cannabis t-shirt, so maybe it's not just age. He's lucky to be earning money as an overseas player in the Hundred, I don't think he'd get picked again, so he will need that British citizenship to carry on earning over here.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    32/33 is peak age for a bowler, a man should be in his prime at that age. But that depends on his lifestyle, I can remember he turned up for a court appearance wearing a legalise cannabis t-shirt, so maybe it's not just age. He's lucky to be earning money as an overseas player in the Hundred, I don't think he'd get picked again, so he will need that British citizenship to carry on earning over here.
    32/33 today shouldn't be a problem but obviously for him it is.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    The 5 years out impacted him badly though, in any sport youíre not going to be the same.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's inevitable that he's going to end up in the IPL.

Even if he's not that good at that point, the sheer mystery factor of having a Pakistani player in the IPL will probably fetch him the big bucks in the auction.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post

Even if he's not that good at that point, the sheer mystery factor of having a Pakistani player in the IPL will probably fetch him the big bucks in the auction.
    There is no mystery in bowling wide outside off at 125-130 kmph and looking like you might faint after each delivery, maybe he should find a side gig or obtain a Level 2 or 3 with the ECB

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowling absolute filth right now - been mediocre during The Hundred.

Always liked him but he's not even the LO bowler he once was.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post

There are plenty of genuine quality Pakistan players who are performing way above Amir these days. I'd like to think IPL would prefer players who could actually win matches such as Hasan Ali or Rizwan or Babar above some has-been fixer, unless that sort of fixing is actually useful in the IPL itself for Indian bookies.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Firstly, Amir will never get selected in the IPL, even if he gets British citizenship. He has a history with Pakistan and is well known in India as a "Pakistani" cricketer. There is no way the BCCI will decide it is safe for him to play in the IPL. As their will definitely be a huge uproar if he is selected.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    Firstly, Amir will never get selected in the IPL, even if he gets British citizenship. He has a history with Pakistan and is well known in India as a "Pakistani" cricketer. There is no way the BCCI will decide it is safe for him to play in the IPL. As their will definitely be a huge uproar if he is selected.
    Maybe he will get picked just so they can humiliate him

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Maybe he will get picked just so they can humiliate him
    That would be cutting your nose off to spite your face. His team would also be humiliated, and since he's already been dropped from Pakistan's team, it's not even a reflection on Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Azhar Mahmood did play in the IPL with a British passport.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has been shameful so far. Thereís literally nothing to his bowling anymore. Even Mark Ealham would be more useful than him.

Most balls are slower balls, the ones with any pace on them are generally wide because he is so afraid of getting hit

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Waqar did the right thing to drop him. Heís been awful since 2018 barring his performances at the World Cup 2019.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get it. How can one lose all pace at 29?

Even if someone is completely unfit, the pace loss isn't this dramatic. It is as if this is a medical problem.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post

Even if someone is completely unfit, the pace loss isn't this dramatic. It is as if this is a medical problem.
    His body is so brittle, not playing during his ban regressed his bowling bio-mechanics and the necessary muscular padding and resistance to high work loads. Off course Pakistan fast tracked the regression by over-bowling him. Everyone deserves criticism and Amir to for not seeking specialist help which wasnít going to guarantee improvement anyhow. Also, I think mentally he isnít quiet there either, the scrutiny has broken him and I donít believe has the same desire anymore, plus marriage / being a family man may have impacted him somewhat to.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Because he isnt 29, he is around 33.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His body is so brittle, not playing during his ban regressed his bowling bio-mechanics and the necessary muscular padding and resistance to high work loads. Off course Pakistan fast tracked the regression by over-bowling him. Everyone deserves criticism and Amir to for not seeking specialist help which wasn’t going to guarantee improvement anyhow. Also, I think mentally he isn’t quiet there either, the scrutiny has broken him and I don’t believe has the same desire anymore, plus marriage / being a family man may have impacted him somewhat to.
    That's a sensible answer. I firmly believe an individual is ultimately responsible for his actions so majority blame lies with him. But I also do recall shouting (on PP that they are killing him - like they are Shaheen.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amir is the chief architect of his own downfall. He stopped working hard and got lazy thinking he was automatic selection. His bowling has been declining steadily and he's simply playing on reputation now. I don't it's all over for him though, he needs a kick up the backside.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Flash news: he's probably not 29.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is what you get when you fix matches for your country. Mohammad Azharuddin has achieved a lot more for India but he doesn't get the respect he deserves because of the same reasons.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly his best T20 league match so far after months. 3 wickets in his first 3 overs in his 2nd match at CPL.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just so you all know, age is just a number these days unless you are 37 or 38. All bowlers should be able to give their best until the age of 36 and even later, if they have taken good care of themselves. Look at Anderson, he is still the best in business even at the age of 39. Amir has absolutely no excuse for his shortcomings. I know what Amir does in his spare time, so I am not surprised.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Btw It was hilarious how Morgan refused to select him in the 100 after the first few matches. Morgan would never tolerate someone like Amir in his team.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Possibly his best T20 league match so far after months. 3 wickets in his first 3 overs in his 2nd match at CPL.
    Ended up with 3/21 in 4 overs

Trinbago Knight Riders 125/4 (Pollard 58*, Ramdin 29*; Udana 5/21, Rampaul 2/13) beat Barbados Royals 122 (Khan 30, Phillips 24; Amir 3/21, Thomas 1/14) by six wickets.

Name:  1234904838.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  463.9 KB

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From what I have watched so far, his highest speed in this CPL has been 127 KPH. Can someone confirm this?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes done for Bowling negative wide lines, no pace whatsoever and bowling slow cutters so he doesnt get hit

His default status over the last yr hasnt been to attack and take wickets but bowl wide and slow to stop being hit

Hes not gonna have much of a league career either if he carries on bowling negative filth like he has been n not take wickets

Hes a shadow of the bowler he was in 2009

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have watched so far, his highest speed in this CPL has been 127 KPH. Can someone confirm this?
    CPL’s speedometer has been having issues since the first day of this season as the speed is being under presented . Though Amir wasn’t much quicker than how he has been in last two years and was probably around mid 130 kph. As a reference most pacers in the CPL so far are being recorded at mid 120s kph, fastest recorded delivery is is just 138 kph which surely isnt right.
    Last edited by Titan24; 28th August 2021 at 18:11.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir was never the same after he returned from the ban.

He is the bowling version of Umar Akmal. Talented but never fulfilled his potential.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Amir was never the same after he returned from the ban.

He is the bowling version of Umar Akmal. Talented but never fulfilled his potential.
    Nope. He isnt.

He is a 2 time ICC trophy winner. A feat many pak cricket players can only dream of.

His opening over in 2009 / opening spell in 2017 is the stuff of legends.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    From last night's game : Barbados Royals vs Jamaica Tallawahs

Amir injured after 2.2 overs:

"Amir pulls up and is now stretching his hamstring. The physio is out having a look. A delay here as Amir seeks medical attention. The Pakistani pacer does a mock run and isn't happy, grimaces and goes off the field"

Name:  7a2714b5-d486-463e-a306-933dd3631b63.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  139.6 KBName:  ef7a6419-e37c-4b7c-9288-70d9caabb833.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  128.9 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 1st September 2021 at 11:59.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    From last night's game : Barbados Royals vs Jamaica Tallawahs

Amir injured after 2.2 overs:

"Amir pulls up and is now stretching his hamstring. The physio is out having a look. A delay here as Amir seeks medical attention. The Pakistani pacer does a mock run and isn't happy, grimaces and goes off the field"

Name:  7a2714b5-d486-463e-a306-933dd3631b63.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  139.6 KBName:  ef7a6419-e37c-4b7c-9288-70d9caabb833.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  128.9 KB
    Looks like he went all out in the CPL and his body isnít responding well to it, Amirís fitness is a major issue, he probably did a good thing and retired early maybe he feels he wont last long in all cricket

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Inzamam speaking on his YT:

ďMohammad Amir could also have been considered. But he has actually announced his retirement.Ē

ďThere could have been some experience in the fast bowling department. But it shouldn't be like I wonít play for this management. You can get your concerns recorded, you can share the issues with the Board. You could have tried playing after that. It is a different matter if you donít want to play, it is your decision".

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looks like he went all out in the CPL and his body isn’t responding well to it, Amir’s fitness is a major issue, he probably did a good thing and retired early maybe he feels he wont last long in all cricket
    Tbh i am not convinced by his work ethic and whether he works hard on his game and fitness off the field. He comes across as someone who does the bare minimum. Most fast bowlers around the world with a more intense workload than him put on muscle, understand their bodies, things in their bodies that they need to work on but this guy has just had the same physique as he started out in cricket and has only put on a belly all these years. Can you blame the PCB for wanting to look beyond him?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caved12 View Post
    Just so you all know, age is just a number these days unless you are 37 or 38. All bowlers should be able to give their best until the age of 36 and even later, if they have taken good care of themselves. Look at Anderson, he is still the best in business even at the age of 39. Amir has absolutely no excuse for his shortcomings. I know what Amir does in his spare time, so I am not surprised.
    Itís an Insult to Anderson to compare him to Amir his hard work dedication skill has made him maybe the best English test bowler of all time.
    Amir is thinking in his head heís as good as McGrath just because of one good over in the champions trophy final when he averages 30 in test and ODIs a nothing average bowler whoís bowled a good over in a tournament final.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Tbh i am not convinced by his work ethic and whether he works hard on his game and fitness off the field. He comes across as someone who does the bare minimum. Most fast bowlers around the world with a more intense workload than him put on muscle, understand their bodies, things in their bodies that they need to work on but this guy has just had the same physique as he started out in cricket and has only put on a belly all these years. Can you blame the PCB for wanting to look beyond him?
    Itís hard to judge that because he has delivered in the past for Pakistan in a big way, as for why doesnít he do x or y then these are questions which he needs to answer but the PCB have failed to massively, ECBís cricketers develop from within the system, the onus is on them. The current management is not capable or professional, the evidence is there historically - those who have done well it is despite the system, but just ask yourself why no Pak bowler has managed 200 Test wickets in what seems like forever.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most international pundits just donít follow Pakistan cricket closely enough. All we get are statements referencing a bygone era.

They make generic statements like the one above or ďPakistan just a have a habit of churning out fast bowlersĒ. Or the classic nasser hussain lines ďthese boys can bowl reverse swinging yorkers at willĒ.

We donít produce any pace bowlers anymore, our bowlers have forgotten reverse swing and theyíre all allergic to bowling yorkers

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So will Amir be seen on song now that Misbah and Waqar have resigned from their duties?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @Saj Perhaps a question for Amir if you get the chance - Will Amir take back his retirement now with the current management resigning ?

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am absolutely certain Amir will be taking the new ball for the WC game against India. I dont why and how but Ramiz Raja will make this happen.

India game is beyond big for Pakistan and we will be taking a chance with Amir.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I am absolutely certain Amir will be taking the new ball for the WC game against India. I dont why and how but Ramiz Raja will make this happen.

India game is beyond big for Pakistan and we will be taking a chance with Amir.
    Good. That might settle the debate about his capability forever