Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Pakistan Test squad for West Indies series

Pakistan name squads for England and West Indies tours

• Haris Sohail and Imad Wasim recalled to ODI and T20I sides, respectively; Uncapped Azam Khan named for T20Is

• Abbas and Naseem return to Test squad; Yasir Shah’s inclusion is subject to fitness

• Pakistan to play three ODIs, eight T20Is and two Tests on the two-month tour
    Lahore, 4 June 2021:

Pakistan cricket selectors have recalled four experienced players and included uncapped Azam Khan in the squads for the tours of England and West Indies. The side will play three ODIs and as many T20Is in England from 8-20 July, before taking on world champions West Indies in five T20Is that will be followed by two Tests.

Middle-order batsman Haris Sohail has been named in the ODI side, while Imad Wasim has returned to bolster the T20I side. Fast bowlers Mohammad Abbas and Naseem Shah have returned to the Test side.

Yasir Shah’s inclusion is subject to fitness as the wrist spinner is yet to fully recover from the knee injury that sidelined him from the Zimbabwe Tests. The selectors have retained leg-spinner Zahid Mahmood along with left-arm spinner Nauman Ali and off-spinner Sajid Khan for the Jamaica Tests.

Uncapped Saud Shakeel has also reclaimed his spot after missing South Africa ODIs due to an injury. Salman Ali Agha, who has lost his Test spot, has been called-up for ODIs.

Fakhar Zaman has maintained his place in the original squad after being drafted as an additional player for Zimbabwe T20Is following a stellar performance in South Africa.

Quetta Gladiators’ Azam Khan, the 22-year-old hard-hitting batsman, is the new face in the T20I squad.

Tests: Babar Azam (captain) (Central Punjab), Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper) (vice-captain) (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Abdullah Shafique (Central Punjab), Abid Ali (Central Punjab), Azhar Ali (Central Punjab), Faheem Ashraf (Central Punjab), Fawad Alam (Sindh), Haris Rauf (Northern), Hasan Ali (Central Punjab), Imran Butt (Balochistan), Mohammad Abbas (Southern Punjab), Mohammad Nawaz (Northern), Naseem Shah (Central Punjab), Nauman Ali (Northern), Sajid Khan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicketkeeper) (Sindh), Saud Shakeel (Sindh), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Shahnawaz Dahani (Sindh), Yasir Shah (Balochistan, subject to fitness) and Zahid Mahmood (Southern Punjab).

Chief selector Muhammad Wasim: “We have remained consistent in our selection and kept the same core of cricketers who have been in the set-up for a while. This is an extremely important and critical tour for Pakistan as we will be playing the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League ODIs against England as well as the T20Is against England and the West Indies as part of our preparations for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. The Jamaica Test will count towards the ICC World Test Championship.

“As such, keeping in view the above and in consultation with captain Babar Azam and head Misbah-ul-Haq, we have tried our best to maintain the winning combinations but at the same time recalled four experienced players and rewarded uncapped Azam Khan for his domestic performance, while also giving him the required confidence for the future challenges.

“Mohammad Abbas has regained his form, Naseem Shah and Haris Sohail have reclaimed the required fitness standards, while Imad Wasim has been recalled considering the T20 World Cup is likely to be held in the UAE and he enjoys an excellent record there.

“The return of these four players meant we had to leave some players, which is never an easy decision. But we have collectively opted for what was in the best interest of the side, taking into consideration the opponents and the requirement of the formats on the upcoming tours.

“The players who have missed on selection will remain part of our strategy, and, as such, they will continue to work on their technical game at the National High Performance Centre under the watchful eyes of Mohammad Yousuf and Saqlain Mushtaq.

“Yasir Shah’s inclusion is subject to clearing his fitness test. He was sidelined due to a knee injury after the second Test against South Africa earlier this year and was expected to reclaim complete fitness for the West Indies tour. It, however, has not been the case, but we remain hopeful that he will complete his rehabilitation before the departure.

“The side since the home series against South Africa have maintained an upward movement, but still there are a few lose ends that we would like to close by the end of the England and West Indies tours so that there is absolutely clarity on our compositions for the post West Indies tour engagements.

“I strongly believe the changes will plug those gaps and will put us in a strong position in our endeavours to feature in the top three across all formats by the end of 2023.”

Tour itinerary:

25 June – Departure for Manchester
    6 July – Arrival in Cardiff
    8 July - 1st ODI, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
    10 July – 2nd ODI, Lord’s, London
    13 July – 3rd ODI, Edgbaston, Birmingham
    16 July – 1st T20I, Trent Bridge, Nottingham
    18 July – 2nd T20I, Headingley, Leeds
    20 July – 3rd T20I, Old Trafford, Manchester
    21 Jul – Arrival in Barbados
    27 Jul – 1st T20I, Kensington Oval, Barbados
    28 Jul – 2nd T20I, Kensington Oval, Barbados
    31 Jul – 3rd T20I, Providence Stadium, Guyana
    1 Aug – 4th T20I, Providence Stadium, Guyana
    3 Aug – 5th T20I, Providence Stadium, Guyana
    6-7 Aug – Two-day practice match, Guyana
    12-16 Aug – 1st Test, Sabina Park, Jamaica
    20-24 Aug – 2nd Test, Sabina Park, Jamaica
    25 Aug – Departure

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said it before and gonna say it again, Naseem Shah is not ready for test cricket. But I wholly welcome the return of Abbas.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Said it before and gonna say it again, Naseem Shah is not ready for test cricket. But I wholly welcome the return of Abbas.
    Yeah his 125 kph thunderbolts will send shivers in spines of opposition batsmen.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    Yeah his 125 kph thunderbolts will send shivers in spines of opposition batsmen.
    I don't know if you started watching cricket yesterday but he has always bowled in the 120s. He wasn't bowling at 140 when he reached the top three of the ICC test rankings, or when he made his debut in the West Indies.

And why don't you find me a bowler who averages 22 with the ball and test cricket and then talk about pace. As if that's the only thing that matters lol.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I doubt Naseem makes final XI, Abbas earned it with his County performance. Dude was on fire and bowled some jaffas.

No real quarrels about the test team other than Agha should’ve been retained.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    I doubt Naseem makes final XI, Abbas earned it with his County performance. Dude was on fire and bowled some jaffas.

Yeah I don't see him making the first XI. And I suppose I can tolerate Naseem as a back-up bowler. He's certainly more experienced than Haris Rauf and Dahani.

Overall, the test squad is probably the best selected squad with most guys deserving to be there.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 4th June 2021 at 16:16.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, Tabish Khan is gone...

Waqas Maqsood should've been selected instead of Naseem Shah.

He was 2nd best fast bowler in the last Quaid-e-Azam trophy. He can be used as a stopgap solution for a year or two till the guys like Arshad and Dahani get ready for test cap.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What has Naseem Shah done to earn a recall so soon? I thought we were going to give him at least 2 years in domestic cricket?

Do we really have no choices as we are going back to Abbass? He is decent bowler but then was he dropped in the first place?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Five spinners seems like overkill given Caribbean pitches have become increasingly seam friendly.

Mohammad Abbas at least has County performances to justify a recall, but Naseem Shah has done nothing to merit it. And I don't know how Haris Rauf keeps getting picked.

Again injustice has been done to Waqas Maqsood who was one of the leading FC seamers on low, slow Karachi pitches last season. He shouldn't be sitting out for novices like Naseem and Rauf. They were willing to do a charity selection for Tabish Khan (dumped after one series) yet Waqas who could play for at least another 2-3 years doesn't get a look in ?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Abbas rightly gets a recall.

Naseem recalled on what basis?

Tabish dropped after 1 game?

typical up and down rubbish selection decisions.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Five spinners seems like overkill given Caribbean pitches have become increasingly seam friendly.

Mohammad Abbas at least has County performances to justify a recall, but Naseem Shah has done nothing to merit it. And I don't know how Haris Rauf keeps getting picked.

Again injustice has been done to Waqas Maqsood who was one of the leading FC seamers on low, slow Karachi pitches last season. He shouldn't be sitting out for novices like Naseem and Rauf. They were willing to do a charity selection for Tabish Khan (dumped after one series) yet Waqas who could play for at least another 2-3 years doesn't get a look in ?
    How is 5 spinners overkill ? WI pitches are quite conducive to spin.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptaan.talli View Post
    I explained it in the very first sentence of my post.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naseem Shah was never dropped from the squad rather had fitness issues as per PCB and thus was not selected for home tests vs SA and Zim tour unlike Abbas who was dropped on form. So Naseem got fit and is now back in the squad (Yes can be argued).

I hope Abbas has gained 3-5 kph as he used to ball around 130 kph during his peak. Any thing less than that can be easy for most batsmen to just play outside the crease negating any seam movement. For Naseem, his consistency in NZ was definitely not test level and will have to better that.

I personally think Waqas Maqsood could have been an option for tests as have said quite a few times. He could have come straight in after the “farewell” match given to Tabish. He was the 2nd best seamer after Hasan in QAE 2020, is accurate, bowls around mid 130s snd can move it both ways.

Good to see Imad back however, I really hope its for that no 6 spot and 6th bowling option in ODIs. He cant bowl 10 overs in ODIs with much wicket taking impact and has historically needed a 6th option (Hafeez) to fill those 10 overs. As a no 6 batsman and a 6th bowling option he would be a suitable luxury in my opinion. Yes in T20s he is pretty good bowler but, even in T20s with power hitting struggles in Pak team along with Pak having good batting depth he can definitely play at no 6 and can share the overs with Nawaz/ Shadab or Faheem if required.

Haris is a welcome addition in ODIs, not sure about T20s but the ordinary batting we have seen in T20s by Pak middle order in recent times he definitely cant do worse.

Azam Khan is obviously a skillful hitter of a cricket ball. Selection is maybe a bit earlier than my liking but, at the same time the struggles of Pak middle order have possibly forced his fast tracking which can be argued as it definitely puts the careers of young players at stake as well if they dont adapt to international cricket as expected (We have had some examples in recent times of such struggles post fast tracking).
    Last edited by Titan24; 4th June 2021 at 17:52.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction to my post - Haris Sohail is not selected for T20s so good stuff.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you started watching cricket yesterday but he has always bowled in the 120s. He wasn't bowling at 140 when he reached the top three of the ICC test rankings, or when he made his debut in the West Indies.

And why don't you find me a bowler who averages 22 with the ball and test cricket and then talk about pace. As if that's the only thing that matters lol.
    I agree with @Zeshan547, yes pace is not Abbas's main weapon , but whatever seam and swing one can achieve , it becomes useless when you're bowing in slow motion . Abbass's fitness and pace has deteriorated further and we saw his spineless bowling even in helpful conditions in NZL.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Abbas to improve his stats against West Indies before he starts averaging 100 runs per wicket against the top 3 Test sides

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There should be a test match tri-series between Pakistan, South Africa and West Indies to find out which is the best test team of the three currently.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Abbas rightly gets a recall.

Naseem recalled on what basis?

Tabish dropped after 1 game?

typical up and down rubbish selection decisions.
    You can perhaps say give Tabish another go but honestly if he gets smashed like he did against Zimbabwe then this will favour the opposition.

Selecting old batters vs fast bowlers is something else, and honestly i don't think Tabish deserved another game. Feel sad for him but it's reality.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Mohammad Abbas to improve his stats against West Indies before he starts averaging 100 runs per wicket against the top 3 Test sides
    If he can create impact in WI and Pak can win the series (Not going to be an easy series as WI has improved at home recently), I will take it for now.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Abbas will come hard at West Indies with his 120 kph thunderbolts.useless selection yet again.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The batting looks heavily reliant upon Rizwan and Babar once again.

The reality is though Windies are so poor these days that Pakistan have to be favourites to win the series.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you not select Abbas after what he has done in England? What does he need to do to make the team in that case? If he fails in West Indies then drop him, no harm done.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

The reality is though Windies are so poor these days that Pakistan have to be favourites to win the series.
    How are they reliant on Babar and Rizwan for tests? There are other batsmen.

Are u sure WI are poor? Did you not see Kemar Roach's form in county or their number 1 allrounder in Jason Holder or Pollard's recent form in t20s???

It's 50/50 as far as i'm concerned.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    How are they reliant on Babar and Rizwan for tests? There are other batsmen.

Are u sure WI are poor? Did you not see Kemar Roach's form in county or their number 1 allrounder in Jason Holder or Pollard's recent form in t20s???

It's 50/50 as far as i'm concerned.
    It's blatantly obvious that against any decent bowling attack, Rizwan and Babar are the 2 Pakistani batsmen who can be relied on to score key runs.

West Indies - last 13 Tests:

Lost 7
    Drawn 2
    Won 4 (3 of which were versus Afg and B'desh)

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babar and Rizwan have to step up as all other batsmen are useless.It's going to be an exciting series that's for sure

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't like Abbas but if he is better form, he can be useful in WI with the Dukes ball.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why is Abbas back? Without him we have started to take 20 wickets and win.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's blatantly obvious that against any decent bowling attack, Rizwan and Babar are the 2 Pakistani batsmen who can be relied on to score key runs.

Lost 7
    Drawn 2
    What's been Babar's form in test recently, enlighten me.

In tests we have the likes of Azhar and Fawad performing with the bat, all of which have performed better than Babar this year.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistan name squads for England and West Indies tours

• Haris Sohail and Imad Wasim recalled to ODI and T20I sides, respectively; Uncapped Azam Khan named for T20Is

• Abbas and Naseem return to Test squad; Yasir Shah’s inclusion is subject to fitness

• Pakistan to play three ODIs, eight T20Is and two Tests on the two-month tour
    Lahore, 4 June 2021:

Pakistan cricket selectors have recalled four experienced players and included uncapped Azam Khan in the squads for the tours of England and West Indies. The side will play three ODIs and as many T20Is in England from 8-20 July, before taking on world champions West Indies in five T20Is that will be followed by two Tests.

Middle-order batsman Haris Sohail has been named in the ODI side, while Imad Wasim has returned to bolster the T20I side. Fast bowlers Mohammad Abbas and Naseem Shah have returned to the Test side.

Yasir Shah’s inclusion is subject to fitness as the wrist spinner is yet to fully recover from the knee injury that sidelined him from the Zimbabwe Tests. The selectors have retained leg-spinner Zahid Mahmood along with left-arm spinner Nauman Ali and off-spinner Sajid Khan for the Jamaica Tests.

Uncapped Saud Shakeel has also reclaimed his spot after missing South Africa ODIs due to an injury. Salman Ali Agha, who has lost his Test spot, has been called-up for ODIs.

Fakhar Zaman has maintained his place in the original squad after being drafted as an additional player for Zimbabwe T20Is following a stellar performance in South Africa.

Quetta Gladiators’ Azam Khan, the 22-year-old hard-hitting batsman, is the new face in the T20I squad.

Tests: Babar Azam (captain) (Central Punjab), Mohammad Rizwan (wicketkeeper) (vice-captain) (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Abdullah Shafique (Central Punjab), Abid Ali (Central Punjab), Azhar Ali (Central Punjab), Faheem Ashraf (Central Punjab), Fawad Alam (Sindh), Haris Rauf (Northern), Hasan Ali (Central Punjab), Imran Butt (Balochistan), Mohammad Abbas (Southern Punjab), Mohammad Nawaz (Northern), Naseem Shah (Central Punjab), Nauman Ali (Northern), Sajid Khan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicketkeeper) (Sindh), Saud Shakeel (Sindh), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Shahnawaz Dahani (Sindh), Yasir Shah (Balochistan, subject to fitness) and Zahid Mahmood (Southern Punjab).

Chief selector Muhammad Wasim: “We have remained consistent in our selection and kept the same core of cricketers who have been in the set-up for a while. This is an extremely important and critical tour for Pakistan as we will be playing the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League ODIs against England as well as the T20Is against England and the West Indies as part of our preparations for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. The Jamaica Test will count towards the ICC World Test Championship.

“As such, keeping in view the above and in consultation with captain Babar Azam and head Misbah-ul-Haq, we have tried our best to maintain the winning combinations but at the same time recalled four experienced players and rewarded uncapped Azam Khan for his domestic performance, while also giving him the required confidence for the future challenges.

“Mohammad Abbas has regained his form, Naseem Shah and Haris Sohail have reclaimed the required fitness standards, while Imad Wasim has been recalled considering the T20 World Cup is likely to be held in the UAE and he enjoys an excellent record there.

“The return of these four players meant we had to leave some players, which is never an easy decision. But we have collectively opted for what was in the best interest of the side, taking into consideration the opponents and the requirement of the formats on the upcoming tours.

“The players who have missed on selection will remain part of our strategy, and, as such, they will continue to work on their technical game at the National High Performance Centre under the watchful eyes of Mohammad Yousuf and Saqlain Mushtaq.

“Yasir Shah’s inclusion is subject to clearing his fitness test. He was sidelined due to a knee injury after the second Test against South Africa earlier this year and was expected to reclaim complete fitness for the West Indies tour. It, however, has not been the case, but we remain hopeful that he will complete his rehabilitation before the departure.

“The side since the home series against South Africa have maintained an upward movement, but still there are a few lose ends that we would like to close by the end of the England and West Indies tours so that there is absolutely clarity on our compositions for the post West Indies tour engagements.

“I strongly believe the changes will plug those gaps and will put us in a strong position in our endeavours to feature in the top three across all formats by the end of 2023.”

Tour itinerary:

25 June – Departure for Manchester
    6 July – Arrival in Cardiff
    8 July - 1st ODI, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
    10 July – 2nd ODI, Lord’s, London
    13 July – 3rd ODI, Edgbaston, Birmingham
    16 July – 1st T20I, Trent Bridge, Nottingham
    18 July – 2nd T20I, Headingley, Leeds
    20 July – 3rd T20I, Old Trafford, Manchester
    21 Jul – Arrival in Barbados
    27 Jul – 1st T20I, Kensington Oval, Barbados
    28 Jul – 2nd T20I, Kensington Oval, Barbados
    31 Jul – 3rd T20I, Providence Stadium, Guyana
    1 Aug – 4th T20I, Providence Stadium, Guyana
    3 Aug – 5th T20I, Providence Stadium, Guyana
    6-7 Aug – Two-day practice match, Guyana
    12-16 Aug – 1st Test, Sabina Park, Jamaica
    20-24 Aug – 2nd Test, Sabina Park, Jamaica
    25 Aug – Departure

Pakistani Logic. Gave Tabish Khan the debut ahead of Shahnawaz And then Dropped Tabish and selected Shahnawaz in the next squad. Hmm...Atleast Tabish got a nice Green Cap out of it
    Last edited by cricketAXEpert; 4th June 2021 at 23:19.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    I agree with @Zeshan547, yes pace is not Abbas's main weapon , but whatever seam and swing one can achieve , it becomes useless when you're bowing in slow motion . Abbass's fitness and pace has deteriorated further and we saw his spineless bowling even in helpful conditions in NZL.
    Oh really? Then remind me what made him so successful in the first place? His blinding pace or is invariable bounce?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indies are a terrible team but I wouldn't underestimate them at home. It wasn't too long ago that they gave England a black eye, and we all know how dangerous and threatening their pace trio of Roach, Gabriel and Holder can be in the right conditions.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to see Saud selected again for the Test team but unfortunately, he won't be playing because Imran & Abid are elite openers and Azhar is too great of a #3 batsmen apparently.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost 7
    Drawn 2
    The most reliable batsmen in tests this year have been Rizwan, Faheem and Fawad Alam

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    What's been Babar's form in test recently, enlighten me.

In tests we have the likes of Azhar and Fawad performing with the bat, all of which have performed better than Babar this year.
    If you ask most opposition teams they will look at Babar and Rizwan as the two best Test batsmen that they will target.

Hope that enlightens you.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you ask most opposition teams they will look at Babar and Rizwan as the two best Test batsmen that they will target.

Hope that enlightens you.
    Blessing Muzrrabani says hi.

Stats don't lie for this year bro and Babar is nowhere on that list for top runs in tests this year. Rizwan though i can agree has been exceptional in tests.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Typical idiotic selections, no regard for experience or form

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Inzi Bhai as a Selector. Mohd Wasim selection are strange and so unpredictable, i wont be surprised if he drops Babar Azam 1 day. Instead of moving forward with youngsters, he has crawled his way back to oldies again.

From promising selection to subjected selection. Noman Ali can easily walk into T20 and ODI squad as well, he can perform for 2 years here and v good lower order batsmen. Imad not in ODI is pathetic. Nasim Shah 🤦*♂️ Mohammed Abbas 🤦*♂️ I thought we moved on from this mediocre bowler.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know how many kids who started following PAK post 2015 would have seen it field its best available side. PAK going through another phase where they like to add non deserving nobodies to further further dampen their chances. Had a similar period in the 90s. Let’s see what this brings but in theory PAK could have tried going for a more gritty replacement for Abid / Imran in the form of Salahuddin or someone similar. Playing position in FC can be used as a proxy but to use it as a black and white benchmark is pointless. Salahuddin, Azhar, Fawad, Rizwan and, hopefully Babar, would put a price on their wicket. Abid and Imran will go the usual way.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    There should be a test match tri-series between Pakistan, South Africa and West Indies to find out which is the best test team of the three currently.
    Pakistan has already massacred SA multiple times.

Pakistan is easily better than SA, WI, SL ... We never play India otherwise it would have been interesting to see who rules Asia

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol people here want youngsters on the squad but are losing their minds with Naseem back on it. Maybe relax a bit on a kid coming off significant injuries and had tough tours in NZ & Australia where Pakistan routinely get destroyed anyways. He is incredibly unlikely to play at all and it's not a bad thing to keep youngsters around like Dhani & Naseem who can learn from coaches and players at the International level. Those practice sessions can still be very useful development for the young players.

It was only one Test but I'm not sure how anyone can come away thinking Tabish has a future on this team. He probably could have been gone 5 years or go but he is just far too old to have the same effectiveness going forward.

Hopefully once the domestic season starts, Salahuddin can open there and show he is better than Abid & Butt which isn't exactly a high far to begin with. I hope Saud gets a game but unlikely to happen unless there is an injury.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will be surprised if Imran butt and Abid Ali can score 20 runs or see off the new ball facing Roach and Gabriel.

I’m foreseeing early collapses in all 4 inns or atleast 15/2 in all 4 inns.

Seen them struggle against Zimbabwe new ball attack. Against Windies in WI no chance for these gully mohalla openers.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Knowing that Misbah will play

Imran butt
    Abid Ali
    Azhar Ali
    Babar azam
    Fawad alam
    Rizwan

Wasim selected one backup opener in Shafique and one backup middle order in Saud Shakeel

He dropped Kamran ghulam and Agha Salman expecting that there will be no chances given under Misbah.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5 spinners and 7 pacers for WI tour

5 spinners is an overkill

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    South Africa would thrash both of them anywhere outside the subcontinent.

Same with Pakistan in Asia.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am not sure why they have so many spinners in the squad.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptaan.talli View Post
    5 spinners are way to much

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall its an OK squad I think thier are to many spinners and fast bowlers in the squad would have liked another batter in the squad.
    Am not sure why naseem has been selected he has been poor waqar maqsood should have been selected.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    5 spinners are way to much
    Adding to this, these are the averages of the spinners in the last Test series between WI and SL:

Embuldeniya - 53
    Cornwall - 60
    De Silva - 149

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Adding to this, these are the averages of the spinners in the last Test series between WI and SL:

Embuldeniya - 53
    Cornwall - 60
    De Silva - 149
    Wow didn't expect it to be that bad.i think he didn't want to drop anyone so he decided to go with all of them plus yasir. easily could have taken another batter.i think nauman Ali should be the main spinner he can keep it tight and can bat abit.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No real issues with squad but Imam ul Haq has to be there as a back up opener...Abdullah Shafique? No, not yet.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Despite it we know who’s gonna make the final cut. Don’t know what the averages are at Sabina Park, remember though Pak spinners are a cut above SL.

In the pace factory we’ve got Abbas, Faheem, Naseem, Shaheen and Hassan Ali more than enough.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite it we know who’s gonna make the final cut. Don’t know what the averages are at Sabina Park, remember though Pak spinners are a cut above SL.

In the pace factory we’ve got Abbas, Faheem, Naseem, Shaheen and Hassan Ali more than enough.
    Makhor put a stats above of the spinners and thiers averages for sri lanka and West indies and the stats were shocking . who's going to make the final cut ?.

Even if they are cut above SL do we require more than 3 spinners going on tour definitely not.they should have taken another batter.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Get ready for Abbass 120 km/hr thunderbolts with the keeper standing up to the stumps

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our spinners are miles better than SLs right now. We probably have the best spin dept after India so wouldn't wanna downplay the spin but like i said we have bags of fast bowlers.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our spinners are miles better than SLs right now. We probably have the best spin dept after India so wouldn't wanna downplay the spin but like i said we have bags of fast bowlers.
    You mean like Zahid Mahmood and his 36.76 FC average?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    You mean like Zahid Mahmood and his 36.76 FC average?
    He's been really good of late, besides we have Yasir and Numan who will be your frontline spinners.

WI don't play spin so well, however, like i've said on this forum before i am relatively happy with the test squad.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say they wasn't.so having bags of fast bowlers and spinners is good but what about the batters their is no competition for the likes of abid,imran,fawad you must create a balanced squad which this squad isn't.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't say they wasn't.so having bags of fast bowlers and spinners is good but what about the batters their is no competition for the likes of abid,imran,fawad you must create a balanced squad which this squad isn't.
    If there is an opportunity for someone then fine you can add them but you can't just needlessly drop someone when they are doing well or even if they have a handful of bad performances.

The middle order is fine, spinners/allrounders and pacers are fine. My issue is just with our openers who aren't at the mark.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is an opportunity for someone then fine you can add them but you can't just needlessly drop someone when they are doing well or even if they have a handful of bad performances.

The middle order is fine, spinners/allrounders and pacers are fine. My issue is just with our openers who aren't at the mark.
    Thier was an opportunity to bring usman salahuddin but they didn't want to bring him in because that would put pressure on azhar and the openings.so why would you say you would drop haider due to bad performances.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thier was an opportunity to bring usman salahuddin but they didn't want to bring him in because that would put pressure on azhar and the openings.so why would you say you would drop haider due to bad performances.
    I mean there are openers we could give a shot to in tests, i mean you the following:

Imam (subject to a good QeA season)
    Usman (let's see how he does as an opener and how is his SR)
    Azhar Ali (he's played opener before and done well, however if he fails will he use being promoted as an opener as an excuse?)
    Abdullah Shafique (frankly i would like to see how he does regardless of the inexperience)

My only quarrel is with the openers in tests, other than that i wouldn't change the current playing XI.

Haider Ali is a different kettle of fish, he's only scored 2 t20 fifties with the best coming against a strong England side. However, he has disappointed in situations that don't require bashing and that's where he has faltered and what has disappointed me as a fan. He's not ready for intl cricket plain and simple, he needs more time in domestic as we are doing him a disservice by continuing to play him. I mean for God's sake look at how silly he looked against Luke Jongwe.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean there are openers we could give a shot to in tests, i mean you the following:

Imam (subject to a good QeA season)
    Usman (let's see how he does as an opener and how is his SR)
    Azhar Ali (he's played opener before and done well, however if he fails will he use being promoted as an opener as an excuse?)
    Abdullah Shafique (frankly i would like to see how he does regardless of the inexperience)

My only quarrel is with the openers in tests, other than that i wouldn't change the current playing XI.

Haider Ali is a different kettle of fish, he's only scored 2 t20 fifties with the best coming against a strong England side. However, he has disappointed in situations that don't require bashing and that's where he has faltered and what has disappointed me as a fan. He's not ready for intl cricket plain and simple, he needs more time in domestic as we are doing him a disservice by continuing to play him. I mean for God's sake look at how silly he looked against Luke Jongwe.
    That's because the pitches are true in England we're you can play your shots in Asian conditions thiers going to be slow and that's why he struggled pluss they played him in the wrong position.like you said Abdullah hasn't got much experience but if he is to be given ago he must be given a couple series like haider has had.once you pick a youngster you have to back them even if they fail over 1or 2 series.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's because the pitches are true in England we're you can play your shots in Asian conditions thiers going to be slow and that's why he struggled pluss they played him in the wrong position.like you said Abdullah hasn't got much experience but if he is to be given ago he must be given a couple series like haider has had.once you pick a youngster you have to back them even if they fail over 1or 2 series.
    This is the wrong mentality, he's been playing on Asian conditions during domestic and also played in the Zimbabwe home series in which he played well. You must be able to adapt smartly to the situation and besides he had ample time in the 4th t20 if i'm not wrong and totally bottled it. I remember his dismissal as well trying to clip/chip it and he got caught in the deep.

It's not like Haider has had a bunch of tough series as well, it's all been below par bowling which he hasn't even took advantage of.

The fact remains for me, he's talented yes but it's too early for him.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the wrong mentality, he's been playing on Asian conditions during domestic and also played in the Zimbabwe home series in which he played well. You must be able to adapt smartly to the situation and besides he had ample time in the 4th t20 if i'm not wrong and totally bottled it. I remember his dismissal as well trying to clip/chip it and he got caught in the deep.

It's not like Haider has had a bunch of tough series as well, it's all been below par bowling which he hasn't even took advantage of.

The fact remains for me, he's talented yes but it's too early for him.
    Yeah that's because he batted at 3 that's we're he scored against England azwell against South Africa we're did he bat?its to early for him then it's definitely to early for Abdullah,rohail nazir,naseem,husnain and the rest.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's because he batted at 3 that's we're he scored against England azwell against South Africa we're did he bat?its to early for him then it's definitely to early for Abdullah,rohail nazir,naseem,husnain and the rest.
    It is early for him. Take today for example he along with Zalmi got butchered in a practise game against KK according to sources. He only managed 1 run today.

Go look at his innings dude, especially against Zimbabwe which was a joke.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is early for him. Take today for example he along with Zalmi got butchered in a practise game against KK according to sources. He only managed 1 run today.

Go look at his innings dude, especially against Zimbabwe which was a joke.
    Go look at hafeez Stats for the first 5 years in t20s.thats according to you but not others.so you criticize haider selection but you would include Abdullah based upon 1 domestic game.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go look at hafeez Stats for the first 5 years in t20s.thats according to you but not others.so you criticize haider selection but you would include Abdullah based upon 1 domestic game.
    I tell you what let's see Haider prove me wrong in this tournament along with the upcoming England and WI t20 series, if he flourishes in them then i take it back.

Shoaib Moqsood who i'm vouching for just look at the hand he played today, that's what i expect from Haider and he's not fulfilling that.

Have you seen some of the innings Hafeez has played?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasnain looks a better bowler with better action and physique who deserves the call for test lineup compared to naseem shah..

In naseem shah we can only see how flawed his bowling action is , with lot of injuries looks like just around the corner waiting to happen for him.. Apart from that his bowling has nothing except pace.. another wahab riaz who doesnt know how to swing or seam the ball..

Remember he was thrashed in the green pitches of newzealand giving away 140 runs in 26 overs..

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tell you what let's see Haider prove me wrong in this tournament along with the upcoming England and WI t20 series, if he flourishes in them then i take it back.

Shoaib Moqsood who i'm vouching for just look at the hand he played today, that's what i expect from Haider and he's not fulfilling that.

Have you seen some of the innings Hafeez has played?
    Shoaib maqsood has been batting in the top 3 thiers no chance he will be batting even in the top 4 even thou I think he stil can stil do a job down the order.

Of course I have but how long did it take him to perform?.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shoaib maqsood has been batting in the top 3 thiers no chance he will be batting even in the top 4 even thou I think he stil can stil do a job down the order.

Of course I have but how long did it take him to perform?.
    I'm telling you Moqsood could bat at 3/4 easy. If we add Moqsood to this middle order then we are in with a shout come the WC.

Hafeez's form has dipped but he's played some really good match winning innings you can't deny. Only thing that worries me is he'll bottle it come the WC so i'm still having a hard time thinking who replaces him maybe even replace him with Moqsood.

1. Muhammad Rizwan (wk)
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam (c)
    4. Shoaib Moqsood
    5. Muhammad Hafeez/Azam Khan/someone else
    6. Hassan Ali
    7. Faheem Ashraf
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Muhammad Nawaz/Usman Qadir
    10. Shaheen Afridi
    11. Haris Rauf

Not looking good for Haider Ali

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm telling you Moqsood could bat at 3/4 easy. If we add Moqsood to this middle order then we are in with a shout come the WC.

Hafeez's form has dipped but he's played some really good match winning innings you can't deny. Only thing that worries me is he'll bottle it come the WC so i'm still having a hard time thinking who replaces him maybe even replace him with Moqsood.

1. Muhammad Rizwan (wk)
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam (c)
    4. Shoaib Moqsood
    5. Muhammad Hafeez/Azam Khan/someone else
    6. Hassan Ali
    7. Faheem Ashraf
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Muhammad Nawaz/Usman Qadir
    10. Shaheen Afridi
    11. Haris Rauf

Not looking good for Haider Ali
    Hassan Ali batting at 6 lol.even if you don't like it shadab will definitely be in the team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hassan Ali batting at 6 lol.even if you don't like it shadab will definitely be in the team.
    Hassan Ali is a very underrated pinch hitter and someone who can smack it at will at the back end of an innings. I can imagine with that batting and hopefully some form from Fakhar and Hafeez, you don't really need to worry about another specialist batter in your XI because your openers alone aren't throwing away their wickets cheaply.

Just look at the form of both Babar and Rizwan they can play a long innings and i would rely on them to last 10-12 overs by then all you need is someone like a Moqsood/Hafeez to sail the ship and someone like Faheem/Hassan Ali to play a closing cameo.

We have a strong batting line-up if we select the right personnel.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan Ali is a very underrated pinch hitter and someone who can smack it at will at the back end of an innings. I can imagine with that batting and hopefully some form from Fakhar and Hafeez, you don't really need to worry about another specialist batter in your XI because your openers alone aren't throwing away their wickets cheaply.

Just look at the form of both Babar and Rizwan they can play a long innings and i would rely on them to last 10-12 overs by then all you need is someone like a Moqsood/Hafeez to sail the ship and someone like Faheem/Hassan Ali to play a closing cameo.

We have a strong batting line-up if we select the right personnel.
    I agree Hassan Ali is a good pinch hitter but he's not good enough to bat in the top 6.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree Hassan Ali is a good pinch hitter but he's not good enough to bat in the top 6.
    He'd certainly do better than any of our "specialist" batsmen like Haider or Malik.

We won't know until we actually give him a shot. Just look at Shahid Afridi who we promoted to no. 3 in 2009 and look at what he did for us. It's about giving a batsman belief and confidence that you can do a job for us.

My XI is always changing lol. I mean i see talent in the likes of Sameen Gul, Khurrum Shehzad and to an extent Dhani who i believe can do a job for us.

Abrar Ahmed is one specialist spinner i might favour over Qadir just based on his last match but will want to see him again to see it wasn't a fluke.

We have a sea of players that can do a job but it's putting the pieces of the puzzle together of what feels right.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistan cricket team players will not be allowed to take their families with them on the upcoming tours to England and West Indies. According to information, the national team are scheduled to visit England for an ODI and T20 series this month, after which they will leave for West Indies. The support staff and team will also go on tour without family members. Due to the coronavirus, families were not allowed to accompany the players on previous tours to England, New Zealand, South Africa and Zimbabwe, while in the home series, the PCB allowed families to accompany the players in the bio-secure bubble. The Pakistan team will leave for their England tour on June 25. The team will then leave for West Indies after the white-ball series.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/774323/pak...-indies-tours/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    West Indies-bound Pakistan national team’s Test players will attend a 10-day training and conditioning camp under bio-secure protocols at the National Stadium in Karachi from Wednesday, 7 July. The camp will conclude on 17 July, while the players will enter the bio-secure in a Lahore hotel on 21 July before departing for Barbados on 26 July.

The camp will be supervised by National High Performance Centre coaches, headed by Saqlain Mushtaq (head of player development), and also include Mohammad Yousuf (batting coach), Mushtaq Ahmed (spin bowling coach), Umar Rashid (coach), Atiq-uz-Zaman (fielding coach), Imtiaz Ahmed (physiotherapist), Saboor Ahmed (strength and conditioning coach) and Imran Sultan (masseur).

In addition to the 11 Test players, including Abid Ali, Azhar Ali, Fawad Alam, Imran Butt, Mohammad Abbas, Naseem Shah, Nauman Ali, Sajid Khan, Shahnawaz Dahani, Yasir Shah and Zahid Mahmood, the selectors have also invited six additional players. They are: Akif Javed, Irfanullah Shah, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Hassan, Mohammad Umar and Saifullah Bangash.

The 25 players and player support personnel, along with five essential staff, on Sunday underwent Covid-19 testing and all have returned negative. As such, 30-member contingent will assemble in Karachi on Tuesday where they will undergo second testing before the camp resumes on Wednesday.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite Windies losing to South Africa i am pretty sure unfortunately Windies will beat us on their home ground

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    Despite Windies losing to South Africa i am pretty sure unfortunately Windies will beat us on their home ground
    No chance

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd certainly do better than any of our "specialist" batsmen like Haider or Malik.

We won't know until we actually give him a shot. Just look at Shahid Afridi who we promoted to no. 3 in 2009 and look at what he did for us. It's about giving a batsman belief and confidence that you can do a job for us.

My XI is always changing lol. I mean i see talent in the likes of Sameen Gul, Khurrum Shehzad and to an extent Dhani who i believe can do a job for us.

Abrar Ahmed is one specialist spinner i might favour over Qadir just based on his last match but will want to see him again to see it wasn't a fluke.

We have a sea of players that can do a job but it's putting the pieces of the puzzle together of what feels right.
    We're does he bat in qaid e azam when he was captain ?

And what did shahid afridi do after that.did you watch how abrar struggled in the first xi in qaid e azam.qadir is a much better limited overs bowler and is better than shadab imad and nawaz.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We're does he bat in qaid e azam when he was captain ?

And what did shahid afridi do after that.did you watch how abrar struggled in the first xi in qaid e azam.qadir is a much better limited overs bowler and is better than shadab imad and nawaz.
    I think Hassan Ali batted way down the order (can't remember position).

Doesn't matter what Shahid Afridi did afterwards, for that trophy he won us it by asking to be promoted to no. 3 and look at the performances he put in.

Qadir is a good spinner but just feel he may struggle in the World Cup against India but i can see him doing well against other teams.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Hassan Ali batted way down the order (can't remember position).

Doesn't matter what Shahid Afridi did afterwards, for that trophy he won us it by asking to be promoted to no. 3 and look at the performances he put in.

Qadir is a good spinner but just feel he may struggle in the World Cup against India but i can see him doing well against other teams.
    Yes he batted down the order if he promoted himself up the order and performed up the order then you have a case to play him at the position.

Qadir is better than imad and shadab as he's a genuine wicket taker.