User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Misbah-ul-Haq : "Mohammad Amir was dropped due to his performance and injuries"

"Its our belief that the better teams you play against, such as England and West Indies, the better you become at judging at where we stand; So this is a positive thing and a good opportunity that we are preparing so well for the T20 World Cup"

"We will use these 2 series to try and overcome any problems we have"

"After tour of New Zealand and in tours of South Africa and Zimbabwe, our fielding has really improved and we have taken good catches also"

"I have said before that Mohammad Amir was dropped from the side due to his performance and injuries; He then decided to retire but if he does take back his decision to retire and his performance is good, then I have always said that doors are open for every player to make a comeback; I have no personal issues against him; I was captain when he came back into International cricket, and he also played under me as Head Coach; If you recall, he had family issues and he could not go to England with the side but we did call him to England later; So there aren't any big issues and I don't know why Amir feels that - but the fact is that if he performs well and is available for the team then I have no objections"

"Dhani was on the last tour with us, and the passion and attitude with which he bowls its a great thing for Pakistan that we are getting such sorts of bowlers coming up"

"Haris Rauf has been doing well for us in the past 2-3 series and if his form in PSL is a bit up and down then it doesn't matter as these things can happen to anyone and hopefully he will be back to his good form again"

"Whether it is Haris Sohail, Saud Shakeel or Abdullah Shafiq - they need to be properly prepared here ahead of the series so we have played some 4 practice scenario games here so that their confidence level can come back; They will also get some practice matches when on tour and all three are looking in good shape; Because we are playing ODIs first, this will give time for us to prepare all out of form T20I players for the task ahead"

"At number 5 and 6 positions, we have given chances to almost all available batsmen in Pakistan but none of them have been able to perform in a satisfactory manner; Given that we need someone who can score at sr of 150-160, we have picked up Azam Khan; At this position, we cannot expect the player to hit 50-60 in every game; Instead if he can win 2 games from 5 at this position - so we pick players on that ability and Asif, Haider, Khushdil have all been tried for that reason"

"Players like Sharjeel Khan and before him Umar Akmal or Ahsan Ali - all of them were given fitness targets and that is condition for their selection; So Azam is improving day by day and is meeting targets given to him and we are trying to get him to the same fitness level as the rest of the team has attained"
    Last edited by MenInG; 19th June 2021 at 14:25.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that is the problem.

Haider is not the guy that you want to score 40 or 50 odd at 40% of the time. He’s the guy you want to open the innings for you and score >40 80% of the time. When you lower a guys end goal he only performs to that goal. Had you told him to go play up the order and score 50 odd, he wouldn’t be the same player he is now. The idea of slogging has become some what ingrained within him by teams playing him at 4 or 5 and expecting him to slog and accepting a 40% success rate.

We’re watching Pakistan Cricket and the management destroy a promising cricketer.

Isn’t the first time and nor will it be the last

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Even if there are difficulties, we will get to know our real potential ... where do we stand. As far as concerns over forms, those concerns are there but we have time on our hands to work on certain things. Yes, there are middle-order issues and we have to look at it, and we will try to see how we can overcome the problems."

Misbah.. the ever defeatist. So opposite of Imran Khan and Ravi Shastri.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    It sounds like Waqar has a bigger issue with Amir

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As expected - no grudges from Misbah. Amir should check his ego and make himself available

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    With the T20 WC looming on the horizon, Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq said that playing against top T20I teams like England and the West Indies would help the side in terms of their preparation for the event. Pakistan are scheduled to play three and five T20Is against England and the West Indies respectively in July and August.

Misbah also touched upon issues related to Pakistan's middle order, especially in the backdrop of certain batsmen struggling for form. "England is without doubt a top team ... as is the West Indies," Misbah said in the presser. "My belief is ... I also have the experience that if you play against good teams, your preparation would be better, you can judge yourself correctly as to where you stand. I'm taking it positively and it's a great opportunity as a coach and as a team that our preparation would be very good before the World Cup.

"Even if there are difficulties, we will get to know our real potential ... where do we stand. As far as concerns over forms, those concerns are there but we have time on our hands to work on certain things. Yes, there are middle-order issues and we have to look at it, and we will try to see how we can overcome the problems."

Misbah, however, was pleased with how Pakistan's fielding has improved. Even though he admitted that more work needs to be done to improve the standards of fielding at junior levels. "See, fielding is something where with practice ... the more you focus, the more you practice, it will become better. Overall, if you look at the Pakistan team, whatever series we have played, our fielding is better. There has been a lot of improvement in our fielding since the series in New Zealand. The players are taking good catches, ground fielding too has been good.

"Yes, the domestic tournaments we play, I can see concerns. We have to work on it. Our coaches at the provincial level, at the academy, there the fielding side of things is debated, we are talking about it. Gradually, we will look to improve, but the standards of the Pakistan team have got better. If you see, Babar, Rizwan, Fakhar Zaman, Shaab Khan, Shaheen, who are all very good fielders. So the overall standards of the Pakistan team have got better."

Misbah also said that if fast bowler, Mohammad Amir, comes out of retirement and puts up consistent performances, the doors are still open for him to return to the set-up. "First of all, when it comes to Mohammad Amir, I have already said he was dropped based on his performance, based on his injuries. Amir then himself announced his retirement. If he takes back his retirement, and if his performance is good, then I have always said that the door is open for every player. The main thing is let Amir perform and if he is available ... then what happened in the past, I don't think about it."

Pakistan selected the squads for the tours of England and the West Indies a few days before the resumption of the Pakistan Super League. Misbah pointed out that ideally, the selection panel would have considered the in-form players in the ongoing PSL, but due to the Covid-19 situation and various restrictions, they had to pick the side earlier.

"The way you see, we also see every aspect ... in-form batsman, bowlers ... they have to be certainly considered. But due to unfortunate circumstances, due to this pandemic, logistics, restrictions, we had to announce the team earlier. We didn't want to do (select the side earlier), but we are bound to do that due to certain reasons which are not in our control. And obviously, you can't see future that your best player would be out of form or another player would perform. Ideally, we want in-form players to be considered. Wherever we get a chance, if the team needs it, if logistics and other factors allow us, then we will definitely consider any player to strengthen the side."

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/...rld-cup-misbah

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2021 - Dropped him because of performances and injuries

2020 - Dropped him because we need players who are available for all 3 formats.

🤔

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The guy is retired.

Stop shooting yourself in the foot and giving him ammo, Misbah.

He will gradually fade away.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    The guy is retired.

Stop shooting yourself in the foot and giving him ammo, Misbah.

He will gradually fade away.
    Not when the other bowlers are getting smashed for 50 in their 4 overs🤣

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Not when the other bowlers are getting smashed for 50 in their 4 overs��
    Versus Amir's spectacular performances:

0/31
    0/31
    0/32
    0/42
    0/29

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0/31
    0/31
    0/32
    0/42
    0/29
    I’d take 0/31 over 1/54 every day of the week.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Either way you're scraping the barrel bigstyle.

Chuck out the 30-averaging (or is it infinity averaging now?) fraud out of contention and pick the best from the rest.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chuck out the 30-averaging (or is it infinity averaging now?) fraud out of contention and pick the best from the rest.
    21* averaging actually. A poor season in the PSL won’t change the fact that Amir is still our best new ball bowler alongside Shaheen.

Bring Back Umar Akmal

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    those are t20 stats

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Our fast bowling Zulfiqar Babar. He can fail to take a single wicket in the next hundred matches but his fans will go gaga over his legendary status due to his economy.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    those are t20 stats
    When Amir was “dropped” from the team, Mishnah was asked ‘why was Amir dropped?’, he responded, ‘because I need players who are available in all 3 formats’. Why couldn’t he say at that time because of Amir’s performance?

Bring Back Umar Akmal

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you pull up stats to defend his exclusion, it's only fair to stick with that metric. Can't change the goal post by bringing in the "he's a fraud" argument.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As expected, excuses for Misbah.

The replacements have been even worse than Amir. It's a "one rule for Amir and another for the rest" with Misbah/Waqar - should just accept it instead of hiding behind excuses like performance and injuries
    Last edited by Snowflake; 19th June 2021 at 22:46.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan was also dropped unfairly. Rather than criticising everyone left, right and center. He chose to put a tape on his mouth.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than a match or two he has been decent at the death however, the lack of wickets is still a concern as it was when he was dropped from T20Is.

If he would have been giving under 7 RPO regularly one would have easily taken that even without any wicket. However, going at around 8 or so in almost every match and too without wickets is not enough in my opinion.

Thing is when your new ball bowler is not taking any wicket upfront 95% of the times then it creates pressure on the rest of the bowling group as with wickets in hands teams are obviously more expressive and can keep on targeting high totals. I personally would take 50 odd for 2 in 6 overs as a bowling side rather than 30-40 odd for no loss as in the later situation batsmen can take the upcoming bowlers along with weaker link with much more confidence with wickets in hand.

Its a shame as Amir has been getting some shape with the new ball but, becomes defensive a bit early to my liking and in the end even if you have unearthly skillset what matters is what exactly are you delivering in terms of numbers. When you are bowling with the new ball and at the death than wicket is a really important currency which a team needs from you.

I personally dont buy the argument that a guy or two in Pakistan team went for more runs in PSL so we would definitely take Amir over them any day irrespective of lack of wickets in his good or bad days. Okay, fair enough but, if we are talking about numbers then why not guys like Dahani, Akif Javed etc. who are performing better in terms of number than both the sides being discussed.

There is no doubt Amir's skillset but, I guess most would agree the returns have not been as per the level expected from a guy like him.
    Last edited by Titan24; 19th June 2021 at 23:06.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Other than a match or two he has been decent at the death however, the lack of wickets is still a concern as it was when he was dropped from T20Is.

If he would have been giving under 7 RPO regularly one would have easily taken that even without any wicket. However, going at around 8 or so in almost every match and too without wickets is not enough in my opinion.

Thing is when your new ball bowler is not taking any wicket upfront 95% of the times then it creates pressure on the rest of the bowling group as with wickets in hands teams are obviously more expressive and can keep on targeting high totals. I personally would take 50 odd for 2 in 6 overs as a bowling side rather than 30-40 odd for no loss as in the later situation batsmen can take the upcoming bowlers along with weaker link with much more confidence with wickets in hand.

Its a shame as Amir has been getting some shape with the new ball but, becomes defensive a bit early to my liking and in the end even if you have unearthly skillset what matters is what exactly are you delivering in terms of numbers. When you are bowling with the new ball and at the death than wicket is a really important currency which a team needs from you.

I personally dont buy the argument that a guy or two in Pakistan team went for more runs in PSL so we would definitely take Amir over them any day irrespective of lack of wickets in his good or bad days. Okay, fair enough but, if we are talking about numbers then why not guys like Dahani, Akif Javed etc. who are performing better in terms of number than both the sides being discussed.

There is no doubt Amir's skillset but, I guess most would agree the returns have not been as per the level expected from a guy like him.
    Wickets up front and in the middle is what ultimately wins games. Economy means nothing when the batting side is just seeing you off and keeping wickets in hand

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how even his biggest fans can justify his place in the team after the disastrous performances he has given recently. He has taken a grand total of 4 wickets in this year's PSL at an average of 78. Didn't play the NT20 Cup because why would he?

So when you guys say his replacements have been worse, take some time to check Hasnain, Hasan Ali, Haris Rauf, Shaheen etc's numbers at this year's PSL. Even the gusy who have had bad tournaments have performed vastly better than Amir.

Amir is a totally overrated bowler. He will have one good game against Australia or India and go wicketless or not make enough of an impact in the others, and people will forget all about it because that's the way they think. They don't want to be bothered by things like ground realities or logic.

Logic as in how can you logically justify selecting Amir after the tournament he has had? Whereas the ground realities here are that he went wicketless for the most part of this tournament and whenever he took a wicket it wasn't more than one per match. Even his economy rate has been very bad.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time to move on from Amir. Pak should focus on Shaheen Afridi, Hasan Ali, Dhani, one of Haris Rauf/Wahab Riaz, depending on their form.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Wickets up front and in the middle is what ultimately wins games. Economy means nothing when the batting side is just seeing you off and keeping wickets in hand
    Exactly. Unless your economy is really exceptional which is not the case here, there is no way to compensate for lack of wickets.
    Last edited by Titan24; 19th June 2021 at 23:15.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Exactly. Unless your economy is really exceptional which is not the case here, there is no way to compensate for lack of wickets.
    It is felt T20 cricket is damaging for batsmen but I feel it can be damaging for bowlers as well. It just makes them very defensive ie plenty of cutters, slower deliveries, slower bouncers, wide outside the offstump yorker, bowling with a cross seam, angling the ball across the right hander.

The art of new ball bowling, swinging the ball has suffered and I have seen this decline in Amirs bowling dramatically. I think the guy is also a massive age fudger, he is bowling like someone who is close to 33-34 rather than 28-29. There is no other explanation for the dramatic decline in his pace and rhythm as a bowler. Wasim Akram was bowling at these speeds towards the end of his career at the age of 35-37 and he had a huge body of work, wear and tear on his body

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you will about Misbah but throughout this entire situation he has come out looking like a complete professional. Despite all the vitriol Amir spewed against him, he never retorted with any personal remarks and stayed consistent with his position throughout, which is fairly logical and rational. Meanwhile, Amir has made every kind of excuse imaginable, regularly blamed the Misbah and Waqar without taking any responsibility for his failures, retired and gotten his friends in the media to give attention to his narrative.

Nevermind the fact that Amir did not play the NT20 Cup and gave a horrendous performance in this year's PSL.

So what I have failed to understand is how exactly is Misbah the bad guy in this entire situation?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Say what you will about Misbah but throughout this entire situation he has come out looking like a complete professional. Despite all the vitriol Amir spewed against him, he never retorted with any personal remarks and stayed consistent with his position throughout, which is fairly logical and rational. Meanwhile, Amir has made every kind of excuse imaginable, regularly blamed the Misbah and Waqar without taking any responsibility for his failures, retired and gotten his friends in the media to give attention to his narrative.

Nevermind the fact that Amir did not play the NT20 Cup and gave a horrendous performance in this year's PSL.

So what I have failed to understand is how exactly is Misbah the bad guy in this entire situation?
    I am not a big Misbah fan but sorry, Amir was out of the team on merit

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Junaid Khan was also dropped unfairly. Rather than criticising everyone left, right and center. He chose to put a tape on his mouth.
    He was unfairly dropped for the WC ahead of Hasnain who is still not an international cricket ready 2 years from then. Junaid would still do better than most of the bowlers we have brought straight into the international cricket from talent hunts.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0/31
    0/31
    0/32
    0/42
    0/29
    I mean, even the law of averages is literally against him.

What kind of bowler can't take a wicket?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was a well known fact that NZ series was Misbah's last as the head selector, so if Amir had just decided to wait for a month and had not gone all marilyn monroe, he could have "made" the squad if Wasim thought so(not a fan of Wasim, way too biased with big communication gap with both the captain and the coaches)

The event that properly triggered the prima donna episode of Amir was when Waqar said on air that Amir had retired from tests not due to fitness issues during an interview while on NZ tour which was totally uncalled for considering he had better things to do (for example prepare his bowlers for NZ tests rather than talk about Amir). This is one big reason why I think Waqar should have been fired from his role as well. Misbah was needlessly dragged into the whole thing and he never really uttered anything bad about either Amir or the critics(like Aqib Javed who said he isn't good enough to coach school team) and kept silent. Amir's form in the only t20i he had played on the england tour was something like 3 overs for 44 runs and even in that he had got injured midway through his spell and had hobbled off the field. His performance in the national t20 was poor again and was just okay in LPL(whose standard was pretty much club cricket level).

Amir was also needlessly commenting on Sarfraz's twitter and tweeting taking shots at the management and mocking the national team prior to that episode. So to say Amir was being bullied is not correct.

Amir has attitude problems and needs to be sent for psychiatric assessment for his behavior, he seems to have a narcissistic or histrionic personality which is unacceptable for a team sport.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB bent over backwards to bring amir back and looks like its happening again. With hasan , afridi and faheem in the side i dont think there is any room for amir at all and he comes with a lot of baggage. Do not bring that drama back into the dressing room.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Only Amir can remain wicketless for an eternity and still be regarded as a legend by some. That is how low Pakistan Cricket has fallen

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    As expected - no grudges from Misbah. Amir should check his ego and make himself available
    Misbah would never say he has any grudges during the press. He is a smart business man for a reason.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If performance is the only criterion to stay in the team, what has been your performance as the coach , selector, captain and player over last 6-7 years ? You should be the last person talking about performance.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    PCB bent over backwards to bring amir back and looks like its happening again. With hasan , afridi and faheem in the side i dont think there is any room for amir at all and he comes with a lot of baggage. Do not bring that drama back into the dressing room.
    Is Faheem a bowler ??

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

🤔
    2021- he's retired not dropped

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2021- he's retired not dropped
    I’m quoting Misbah, should’ve put quotation marks but I assumed people would’ve already known that.

Misbah lied about the reasons for Amir’s exclusion from the NZ tour, why? That’s all I’m asking. Why couldn’t he be straight forward back then?

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

🤔
    How conveniently many have forgotten this!

This was one the most lame excuse I have ever seen from a coach! It's all been because of Amir's retirement from test cricket; the coaches can make a fool of themselves by giving different excuses everytime they are asked about it.

And no, saying this does not mean that I am think Amir is world class.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An out of form or rubbish bowler. Not sure which category Amit fits in now.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not on Amir's side, but is Misbah conveniently forgetting that this whole issue started with Amir not wanting to play tests, and Misbah and waqar dropping Wahab Amir etc from all formats for leaving the test team?

Then waqar criticised them in the media for chasing money , and not serving the country in tests.

I think Amir should've sucked up the bad press, and continued on playing Limited overs cricket because he owes Pakistan cricket but let's not try and paint one side as good because as is all things Pakistan cricket, fault is always a mixture of both parties.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m quoting Misbah, should’ve put quotation marks but I assumed people would’ve already known that.

Misbah lied about the reasons for Amir’s exclusion from the NZ tour, why? That’s all I’m asking. Why couldn’t he be straight forward back then?
    Read Misbah's Jan 2021 statements. He has explained the management's position in great detail. Amir was dropped due to performance. A 7 man selection committee made the decision.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir should get back to domestic, perform in longer format and then claim his position back. He is nowhere near Shaheen + Hassan. Not even at levels of Abbas in tests.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read Misbah's Jan 2021 statements. He has explained the management's position in great detail. Amir was dropped due to performance. A 7 man selection committee made the decision.
    But back in 2020 he said Amir was dropped because he needed players who were available for all 3 formats. You’re ignoring my question, back in 2020, why did Misbah not say that Amir was dropped because of performances and injuries?

Why do you think Wahab took back his retirement from test? Because he was dropped from all 3 formats just for retiring from one format. Same thing with Amir, but the only difference is that Amir didn’t bow down to Misbah. Misbah thinks he’s untouchable, we’ll see where he ends up after the WT20.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But back in 2020 he said Amir was dropped because he needed players who were available for all 3 formats. You’re ignoring my question, back in 2020, why did Misbah not say that Amir was dropped because of performances and injuries?

Why do you think Wahab took back his retirement from test? Because he was dropped from all 3 formats just for retiring from one format. Same thing with Amir, but the only difference is that Amir didn’t bow down to Misbah. Misbah thinks he’s untouchable, we’ll see where he ends up after the WT20.
    You're taking those comments way out of context and making a mole into a mountain. Those comments were specific to the NZ tour in 2020, which we played in a pandemic so selectors had alot of non cricketing factors to consider as to who's going to get to go. Preference was to have a smaller squad and players who could play different formats. Here are Misbah's comments from then:

"Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Amir are not part of the white-ball matches as for this tour we have opted to invest, develop and focus on the promising and emerging players who are likely to be available to Pakistan for all formats."

Those comments were specific to that tour. Amir would've been selected for future tours but his ego got hurt and he decided to retire from all formats. Once he retired from all formats, that's when this became an issue with Amir hurling hateful comments against Misbah and Waqar. At that point since it became a media war, Misbah and Waqar had no choice and had to clarify their stance. Again please read Misbah's Jan 2021, it's an article on cricinfo by Umar Farooq. It's a very detailed account of what happened and management's position on the issue.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir in PSL 6 - 2021:

4 wickets in 10 matches
    Avg: 78 - Highest bowling average amongst the top 40 PSL bowlers this season
    Best: 1/14
    Econ: 8.28

Mohammad Amir 10 10 37.4 2 312 4 1/14 78.00 8.28 56.5 0 0
    (Karachi Kings)

Sad demise of a super talented player.
    Last edited by CricketingMinds; 20th June 2021 at 20:29.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're taking those comments way out of context and making a mole into a mountain. Those comments were specific to the NZ tour in 2020, which we played in a pandemic so selectors had alot of non cricketing factors to consider as to who's going to get to go. Preference was to have a smaller squad and players who could play different formats. Here are Misbah's comments from then:

"Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Amir are not part of the white-ball matches as for this tour we have opted to invest, develop and focus on the promising and emerging players who are likely to be available to Pakistan for all formats."

Those comments were specific to that tour. Amir would've been selected for future tours but his ego got hurt and he decided to retire from all formats. Once he retired from all formats, that's when this became an issue with Amir hurling hateful comments against Misbah and Waqar. At that point since it became a media war, Misbah and Waqar had no choice and had to clarify their stance. Again please read Misbah's Jan 2021, it's an article on cricinfo by Umar Farooq. It's a very detailed account of what happened and management's position on the issue.
    Again, you’ve avoided the question. For the 3rd time, in 2020, why did Misbah not say, “Amir was dropped because his performances weren’t up to the mark”?

Yes, he said that he opted to invest, develop and focus on the promising and emerging players, and then went on to select Tabish Khan, Sohail Khan and Wahab Riaz (who was dropped because he retired from tests).

No those comments weren’t specifically for that tour, if they were then he would’ve said Malik and Amir were being rested for the tour, but instead he said he’s investing in youngsters.

So you’re saying Amir retired before Waqar Younis had questioned his commitment to Pakistan cricket? IIRC, Amir was still a Pakistan cricket player when Waqar Younis took a dig at him in the media, saying that Amir was too busy playing leagues. No other country’s bowling coach could speak out against a current player in the media and then get away with it. There’s no professionalism, Amir just got back at the management after they attacked him in the media.
    Last edited by YousafTheBeast; 20th June 2021 at 20:30.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again, you’ve avoided the question. For the 3rd time, in 2020, why did Misbah not say, “Amir was dropped because his performances weren’t up to the mark”?

Yes, he said that he opted to invest, develop and focus on the promising and emerging players, and then went on to select Tabish Khan, Sohail Khan and Wahab Riaz (who was dropped because he retired from tests).

No those comments weren’t specifically for that tour, if they were then he would’ve said Malik and Amir were being rested for the tour, but instead he said he’s investing in youngsters.

So you’re saying Amir retired before Waqar Younis had questioned his commitment to Pakistan cricket? IIRC, Amir was still a Pakistan cricket player when Waqar Younis took a dig at him in the media, saying that Amir was too busy playing leagues. No other country’s bowling coach could speak out against a current player in the media and then get away with it. There’s no professionalism, Amir just got back at the management after they attacked him in the media.
    You make some great points but you’re forgetting that using logic, facts and sensible arguments don’t work on Misbah fans.

Misbah is the ‘gentleman’ who was on the committee that decided not to extend Mickeys contract. When asked about the conflict of interest as every news outlet was confirming he will be the next coach/selector, he said those reports were false, he had not applied etc. Shortly after he was announced as the coach.

Misbah is the gentleman who agreed to finally step away as a player from IU after the team could carry him no longer as a passenger and offered him a management position, however reneged at the last moment and entered the auction as a player.

How can we expect him to be telling the truth here?

Amir at 20% performance is still the best all format bowler Pakistan has at its disposal. Shaheen is better on potential but not performance yet.

He had a good arrangement with Mickey but Misbah and the joke of a man that is Waqar couldn’t let their egos deal with it.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    You make some great points but you’re forgetting that using logic, facts and sensible arguments don’t work on Misbah fans.

Misbah is the ‘gentleman’ who was on the committee that decided not to extend Mickeys contract. When asked about the conflict of interest as every news outlet was confirming he will be the next coach/selector, he said those reports were false, he had not applied etc. Shortly after he was announced as the coach.

Misbah is the gentleman who agreed to finally step away as a player from IU after the team could carry him no longer as a passenger and offered him a management position, however reneged at the last moment and entered the auction as a player.

How can we expect him to be telling the truth here?

Amir at 20% performance is still the best all format bowler Pakistan has at its disposal. Shaheen is better on potential but not performance yet.

He had a good arrangement with Mickey but Misbah and the joke of a man that is Waqar couldn’t let their egos deal with it.
    Ahem Ahem: Have you seen Amir's recent numbers in PSL where he played on the same pitches against the same batsmen & teams as the rest of the Pakistani bowlers?

4 wickets in 10 matches

(Karachi Kings)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    Ahem Ahem: Have you seen Amir's recent numbers in PSL where he played on the same pitches against the same batsmen & teams as the rest of the Pakistani bowlers?

4 wickets in 10 matches

(Karachi Kings)
    You’re right. We should look at recent stats in isolation. James Faulkner is the best bowler, my mistake …

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 wickets in 10 matches

(Karachi Kings)

Sad demise of a super talented player.
    Well he's been a super overrated player ever since he came back. And the numbers support that argument. Now all that's changed is that he has fallen even lower and turned into another run of the mill trundler.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 20th June 2021 at 21:15.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir is not a good bowler anymore. That break from domestic did him no good, he has been exposed in this edition of the PSL.

However, he will put one good performance either in the eliminator or the final, which will make his fans crazy about his inclusion.

I'm surprised how KK haven't benched him. Probably waiting and hoping that he puts in a clutch performance.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    You’re right. We should look at recent stats in isolation. James Faulkner is the best bowler, my mistake …
    No, you made 2 mistakes. Neither Amir or Faulkner are the best bowlers in PSL.
    Simply look at the stats of this psl to know who has bowled well - doesn't have to be the top wicket taker.

BTW - if Amir is the best bowler in your opinion, why did he pick only 4 wickets in 10 matches? That too with the highest avg amongst top 40 bowlers?
    Misbah or Waqar cannot be the reason now, right? They are nowhere near KK.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    Amir is not a good bowler anymore. That break from domestic did him no good, he has been exposed in this edition of the PSL.

However, he will put one good performance either in the eliminator or the final, which will make his fans crazy about his inclusion.

I'm surprised how KK haven't benched him. Probably waiting and hoping that he puts in a clutch performance.
    Retiring from test cricket hasn't exactly done anything to improve his bowling. He is still bowling slowly, inconsistently.

Great bowlers are able to enjoy longer peaks. Amir has had nothing to speak off. I never rated him highly and felt that England tour in 2010 ended up inflating his perceived abilities

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, you made 2 mistakes. Neither Amir or Faulkner are the best bowlers in PSL.
    Simply look at the stats of this psl to know who has bowled well - doesn't have to be the top wicket taker.

BTW - if Amir is the best bowler in your opinion, why did he pick only 4 wickets in 10 matches? That too with the highest avg amongst top 40 bowlers?
    Misbah or Waqar cannot be the reason now, right? They are nowhere near KK.
    Either you didn’t get the sarcasm or chose to ignore it.

Performance in a few matches doesn’t make someone the best or not. I’m talking about what amirs done over his career and the competition he’s up again.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "At number 5 and 6 positions, we have given chances to almost all available batsmen in Pakistan but none of them have been able to perform in a satisfactory manner; Given that we need someone who can score at sr of 150-160, we have picked up Azam Khan; At this position, we cannot expect the player to hit 50-60 in every game; Instead if he can win 2 games from 5 at this position - so we pick players on that ability and Asif, Haider, Khushdil have all been tried for that reason"

There you go .. Haider is a proper top order batsman , now it is clear why this once promising prospect, expected to play like the next coming of babar suddenly plays like a hack and became Asif Ali..

Misbah the destroyer of youngsters in many ways...
    I keep on saying that he is not a leader. His stubborn and defensive mindset will keep the team brushing the floor.. Babar is in the form of his lifetime, he needs to be accompanied with some proper batsmen who can play alongside him or else the team will lose Babar too...

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Retiring from test cricket hasn't exactly done anything to improve his bowling. He is still bowling slowly, inconsistently.

Great bowlers are able to enjoy longer peaks. Amir has had nothing to speak off. I never rated him highly and felt that England tour in 2010 ended up inflating his perceived abilities
    True.

His skills aren't really improving as time progresses, and he's very lucky that Imad slots him into the playing XI because there are some other players who merit a spot ahead of Amir.

He will either continue to regress or if he's lucky, he will find a patch of good form and hopefully make something out of his career.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Amir was an overseas player this would most likely be his last PSL. He has been wicketless for so long that its becoming torture to watch him.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok fair enough Misbah, but who cares.. Just bend down and allow guys like Amir to run our cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gotta salute Misbah here.

First, kicked out non-deserving, non-performing "DON" Sarfraz from the team.
    Then, another "DON" Shoaib Mailk.

And finally, the spoiled "DON" Amir.

Amir is the worst bowler in Pakistan right now.

Worst at the PSL too.

Has been pathetic the last few years.

Keep him out.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Gotta salute Misbah here.

First, kicked out non-deserving, non-performing "DON" Sarfraz from the team.
    Then, another "DON" Shoaib Mailk.

And finally, the spoiled "DON" Amir.

Amir is the worst bowler in Pakistan right now.

Worst at the PSL too.

Has been pathetic the last few years.

Keep him out.
    And, Misbah kicked out Micky Arthur and got himself selected as coach with no credentials, bravo, bravo.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best available fast bowling options in pakistan right now

1) Shaheen
    2) Hassan
    3) Abbas
    4) Rauf