Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Zealand to Tour Pakistan in 2021

Karachi: New Zealand Cricket (NZC) are in talks with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for a tour of Pakistan ahead of the T20 World Cup in October this year.

Both boards have started initial discussions about the white-ball matches (3 ODIs and 5 T20Is) and if it’s confirmed, Black Caps will tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years. They last played in Pakistan back in 2003.

“Our intention is to tour Pakistan, and we’re working through that with [the PCB], and Government agencies,” David White, the chief executive of NZC, was quoted as saying in stuff.co.nz.

big big big step forward

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'll still believe this when I see it.

I hope it happens, but I will only believe it when these guys land in Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'll still believe this when I see it.

I hope it happens, but I will only believe it when these guys land in Pakistan.
    Be optimistic.it will happen.South Africa and other teams have toured.I m sure New Zealand will too.just matter of time.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Excellent news. Hope the tour happens.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another potential 5 t20s to be added to the roster before the World Cup.

Pakistan really have got a great opportunity to get a settled team before the World Cup and to iron out any problems to give them a chance of success at the big tournament.

From the top of my head they have up to 15 games !

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see why this won't happen, the only thing that can affect it is Covid. South Africa and the other Asian countries have all come to Pakistan. With England's tour confirmed dont see why it won't happen?

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is big! Wish if we also played 2 tests.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Availability of those guys playing at the IPL will be interesting and how that develops.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Availability of those guys playing at the IPL will be interesting and how that develops.
    After South Africa tour IPL now ruining newzealand tour for pak..
    Really disappointing .
    Just crowned champion team coming would do the world of good for Pakistan right now.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Pakistan having any rest before this WC?

I guess the opportunity to have NZ tour Pakistan is too big to miss right now.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should have a settled side when the world cup arrives lots of t20 games which is good

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    Really disappointing .
    Just crowned champion team coming would do the world of good for Pakistan right now.
    NZC Cricket Chiefs have already said that they won't stop their players from going to the IPL even if it means them missing international cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZC Cricket Chiefs have already said that they won't stop their players from going to the IPL even if it means them missing international cricket.
    They are getting big buck's from BCCI.
    & Now they can even excuse it for wc preparation.
    They won't even be that Hungry after winning WTC .

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    829 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    Really disappointing .
    IPL ruining International cricket and tours is nothing new. IPL fans will never realize this and will always remain in delusion that IPL is helping cricket grow as a sport. Also I don't expect them to reply now because most of them vanished after WTC final.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    New Zealand will send their 'C' team most likely.

Early Predictions:- Boult and 5 other Kiwis will probably be skipping the series and play IPL in UAE in the name for WT20 preparations.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has offered New Zealand Cricket (NZC) to play two additional T20Is on the tour of Pakistan.

New Zealand will tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years where they are scheduled to play three ODIs and as many T20Is.

As the series will take place before the T20 World Cup in UAE, PCB aims to play five T20Is against the BlackCaps.

“The PCB has offered to increase the number of matches in view of the preparations for the World Cup. New Zealand is scheduled to visit Pakistan in September-October,” PCB said in a statement.

“Our intention is to tour Pakistan, and we’re working through that with [the PCB], and Government agencies,” David White, the chief executive of NZC said last month.

ARY

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Why no test matches..enough of this T20 obsession..especially since its after T20 World Cup..lets play some Tests!!!

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canistani Hero View Post
    Why no test matches..enough of this T20 obsession..especially since its after T20 World Cup..lets play some Tests!!!
    TV broadcasters demand T-20 over ODI's and Test matches.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree in general, I love tests too and I'm sure.PCB will schedule more in the future. However this tour is before the WC. It's in September.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post

Early Predictions:- Boult and 5 other Kiwis will probably be skipping the series and play IPL in UAE in the name for WT20 preparations.
    It will be interesting to see whether NZC pushes the players to put country before IPL. My guess is they won't.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World T20 this year and next year has been the priority of the teams.

This was just a white ball tour though which was planned earlier so adding test wouldn’t have been feasible as per my understanding. NZ is scheduled to tour for tests next year along with T20s.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see whether NZC pushes the players to put country before IPL. My guess is they won't.
    A 5-match T20 series in similar Asian conditions, if they had any iota of sense, I think they'd push for country above IPL.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    A 5-match T20 series in similar Asian conditions, if they had any iota of sense, I think they'd push for country above IPL.
    IPL & WC would take place in the same venues. Playing IPL would help NZ players in terms of adapting to the conditions.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    TV broadcasters demand T-20 over ODI's and Test matches.
    Not so sure, the viewrs over a whole day will.bring in more in advertising than over 3 hrs

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtiaq_ctg View Post
    IPL & WC would take place in the same venues. Playing IPL would help NZ players in terms of adapting to the conditions.
    But only 3-4 NZ players play IPL, what about rest of the players who will be playing in T20 WC but not part of IPL

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless New Zealand think that beating teams on their own soil in December was enough practice before the T20 World Cup, it's hard to find a reason why they wouldn't push for a 5-game series as well.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmal View Post
    But only 3-4 NZ players play IPL, what about rest of the players who will be playing in T20 WC but not part of IPL

Seifert
    Williamson
    Neesham
    Santner
    Boult
    Jamieson
    Ferguson

That's 7 out of the playing XI (arguably).

Then there's Finn Allen and Adam Milne who might find a place in the final squad.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmal View Post
    Er there's 9 NZ players in the IPL, you're not even close.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read that they'll be sending their security team soon.

What do you guys think the chances of this tour happening are? Is Pakistan safe enough to host NZ?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Read that they'll be sending their security team soon.

What do you guys think the chances of this tour happening are? Is Pakistan safe enough to host NZ?
    Pakistan is safe enough to host NZ but i feel like it’s still a huge risk. One small incident and we can see international cricket not being played in Pakistan again for another 4-5 years.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.insidesport.co/new-zeala...ives-go-ahead/

New Zealand’s tour of Pakistan is set for the September-October window after Babar Azam-led side returns from the West Indies tour. However, New Zealand Cricket chief David White has declared that Kane Williamson & Co’s tour will go ahead only if its security consultants are happy with the arrangements made by Pakistan cricket and the government.

To get security assurances, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has hired independent security consultant Rig Dickson. He will be visiting Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi soon to analyze the security preparations. New Zealand’s tour will depend on his security assessment. If he is satisfied with the preparations, only then Kane Williamson and Co will travel to Pakistan.

“Our intention is to tour Pakistan, and we’re working through that with [the PCB], and Government agencies. All going well, ensuring that we satisfy all the security arrangements which I’m confident we will do, we will be touring Pakistan,” David White, the Chief Executive of New Zealand Cricket, was quoted by media reports.

The tour will include three ODIs and three T20Is. It will be New Zealand’s first tour of Pakistan in 18 years. The last time New Zealand toured Pakistan was back in 2003 and since then NZC hasn’t opted to tour Pakistan citing security reasons. They have only played in neutral venues or in New Zealand.

Pakistan Cricket Board has also requested NZC for two additional T20I matches to prepare for the T20 World Cup. However, as the series is expected to clash with IPL 2021 Phase 2, NZC might not pay heed to the request. A few top New Zealand players such as Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Lockie Fergusen and Kyle Jamieson are expected to be out of the series and will play for their respective IPL franchises.

“Yes negotiations are being held with Cricket New Zealand to play two additional T20 matches because of the T20 World Cup but nothing is finalized as yet,” a source told PTI on the developments of the two additional T20I matches.
    Last edited by Last Monetarist; 31st July 2021 at 23:57.

Debut
    May 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Already looking for excuses.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First and foremost they will send about a hundred security teams to analyse how safe Pak is. Eventually with the situation in Afghanistan wil decide it is better to postpone the tour for a year or so until things improve. Consequently, the PCB will arrange a three test tour of China or Russia!!!!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'm hopeful but if there is any country that will not tour Pakistan it will be New Zealand.

I have more faith in the ECB than NZC regarding a tour of Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post

their C team will be enough for Misbah and company
    remember England C team gave a beating to Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    First and foremost they will send about a hundred security teams to analyse how safe Pak is. Eventually with the situation in Afghanistan wil decide it is better to postpone the tour for a year or so until things improve. Consequently, the PCB will arrange a three test tour of China or Russia!!!!
    The situation in Afghanistan has nothing to do with Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    The situation in Afghanistan has nothing to do with Pakistan.
    It has everything to do with Pak. Terrorism Pak suffered over the years came from next door. We need to keep a close eye on happenings there for our own safety. Whatever happens in the neighbouring country directly effects us.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These Taliban are different from Talibans of 20 years ago. They want to keep a very good relations with China and Pakistan just to say in power for long. I expect security situation will get better after Taliban take over.

They will make the life hell for Afghanis but will not cause trouble in Pakistan.

And after the Western troops have left Afghanistan , there is no reason for Taliban to show any hostility towards gora people. NZL, Australia and England teams will feel more comfortable visiting Pakistan than anytime in last 2 decades.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    These Taliban are different from Talibans of 20 years ago. They want to keep a very good relations with China and Pakistan just to say in power for long. I expect security situation will get better after Taliban take over.

They will make the life hell for Afghanis but will not cause trouble in Pakistan.

And after the Western troops have left Afghanistan , there is no reason for Taliban to show any hostility towards gora people. NZL, Australia and England teams will feel more comfortable visiting Pakistan than anytime in last 2 decades.
    Your country suffered for decades or so choosing between good Taliban and bad one

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys stick to cricket.

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards