"Could be that youngsters are more obedient whilst the seniors need more convincing" : Wahab Riaz

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

"Could be that youngsters are more obedient whilst the seniors need more convincing" : Wahab Riaz

Wahab Riaz speaking to reporters:

"Shahnawaz Dahani is a great prospect for Pakistan and to be PSL's best bowler in his first tournament is a big thing - seems he snatched that achievement from me, seems that always happens with me! I am very happy for him - he has good talent but he needs to be used sensibly; He needs to play more domestic cricket and we should bring in mature cricketers into our national team"

"Because when you come on to the international scene from domestic cricket, you are able to better absorb the pressure and perform well and become a star"

"The England vs Pakistan series will be a good series - to beat England on their home soil is a very tough ask but our team has the capability to play good cricket and defeat England"

"This question [about not selecting Wahab despite good recent performances] should be asked of the selection committee about what the criteria is for selection; In my view anyone who performs well should be selected; Obviously only they can comment on this but as a player I am disappointed"

"Whilst one person may get Man of the Match award, its not necessary that he wins the game along as there are 11 in a side, and as far as Mickey Arthur's comment about I not being a match-winner is concerned, he shouldn't have called me up for the World Cup"

"I feel I am still young and still have a lot to offer and I am looking to play for at least 3-4 years more depending upon my fitness and performance; I don't want to be a burden on any team and want to play until I am fit and able to perform"

"Not sure what the issue is with inclusion of youngsters - it's could be that they are more obedient whilst the seniors need more convincing about anything but at the end of the day, all players need to follow the team plan"

"I still think Shoaib Malik is one of the best players as part of the middle order and he showed that in the recent PSL where he proved himself"

"No other player can take what is meant for me - Haris Rauf has come in and is performing well but then every cricketer has good and bad days but that doesn't mean we should side-line them and say that they can't offer anything"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might be the greatest beneficiary of Dhani not coming to the England Tour. He was so much in form that a few wickets would have meant bye bye. But I see Wahab still replacing any of Faheem, Wasim, Arshad or even Hasnain. Management is carrying dead wood for a reason to be easy dropped.

At the same time Malik and Wahab carry on making money in Franchise Cricket.

Misbah is a friend after all.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wahab Riaz has signed for Trent Rockets as a replacement for Nathan Coulter-Nile in The Hundred tournament.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL, CPL and few Vitality Blast games.

This could be a good to run up to WC Selection… his form will dictate if he’s included. Would love to know if Aamir is got anything after losing his county contract.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wahab should be the last one to talk, performs only in one game out of 10 in Pakistan. As a senior bowler with the amount of games he has played all over the world, he should have been a lot more consistent. Can't blame the team management and selectors for wanting to move on. Amir and Wahab are not really vital to our ODI and T20 plans

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab bowled well in the psl but thier is question marks around if he can Consistanly perform he bottled it in the final as a senior player.