Most Embarrassing Home Defeat Ever in Test Cricket?

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most Embarrassing Home Defeat Ever in Test Cricket?

This defeat by Bangladesh has to be the worst ever defeat in modern day cricket. What makes it worse is that it was on their home deck, and their two greatest batsmen (Shakib and Mushfiq) were also playing.

300/4 declared by Pakistan after losing 2 and a half days due to rain and bad light.

And then Bangladesh lose 20 wickets for 291 runs in a space of 117 overs!!

I dont think I have ever seen such an abysmal home performance in my life! What is the point of spending so much on coaching staff if this is the performance you will produce at home??

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nope there have been plenty

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Vs Australia at UAE (adopted home of Pakistan)

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I agree.

Bangladesh cricket board from top to bottom needs a complete overhaul. Every man needs to be sacked!

I can see signs of a deadly cancer which needs an immediate treatment.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    MashAllah, did Pakistan serve England a horrendous and embarrassing defeat away in 2010?

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    World is round, Water is wet, sky is blue and Bangladesh 😂 have lost yet another international game and series

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah its arguably the worst.

The only other defeats I can think of that come close are the beatings that Australia gave us in the UAE which was technically a home game for us.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagestani_Eagle View Post
    That was a pure annhilation. No rain delays, no chance to save the Test which Pakistan couldn't. Pakistan would shamefully accept they are poor against Australia

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Undoubtedly the most embarassing loss, especially in this era of home dominance of teams. But here is another one by a major cricket nation at their home about 20 years ago.

England vs India, 2002, Headingley

India 628/8 dec

Rahul Dravid 148
    Sachin Tendulkar 193
    Saurav Ganguly 128

ENG 273 and 309

India won by an innings and 48 runs

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagestani_Eagle View Post
    That was embarrassing but that was like 20 years ago! I think this thread is about the recent game.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See how you have changed your original comment after your ignorance was exposed.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is pretty bad for Bangladesh but I think us beating India in Bangalore 2005 was a bigger humiliation and embarrassment. A bowling attack of Sami, Razzaq, Kaneria, Arshad Khan and Afridi beat the famed ATG batting line up of Sehwag, Sachin, Laxman, Ganguly, Dravid at home.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Undoubtedly the most embarassing loss, especially in this era of home dominance of teams. But here is another one by a major cricket nation at their home about 20 years ago.

India 628/8 dec

Rahul Dravid 148
    Sachin Tendulkar 193
    Saurav Ganguly 128

ENG 273 and 309

That was nowhere as embarrassing as this BD defeat.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    now they have to catch a flight and go to New Zealand. What is the point?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without sounding harsh, I think it is one of the worst home test loss I have seen or atleast in some time. Losing record 13 wickets on the last day after that horrible 4th day where BD lost 7 wickets.

Pakistan was 180 odd at the end of day 3 due to rain and bad light taking away most of the match and then losing the match by an innings from there was shocking

Credit goes to Pakistan as well obviously for bowling brilliantly and especially Sajid Khan with that herculean effort.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL bangla commies are saying , what an amazing game of cricket and how bangladesh put up an amazing fight even after two days washed out ......tbh I have never listened to anything like this in commentry .

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is a joke team in test arena..
    They shouldn't be taken seriously..
    As an indian, i can't remember any embarrassing test losses at home but i can recall an ODI match against South Africa, where their 3 batsman scored centuries and set target above 400. We only manage to score somewhat 250.
    Hard to forget that match.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    MashAllah, did Pakistan serve England a horrendous and embarrassing defeat away in 2010?
    what?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    World is round, Water is wet, sky is blue and Bangladesh �� have lost yet another international game and series
    Bangladesh played poorly in first innings. I saw the highlights and they kept throwing away the wickets. They fought better in the second innings.

Congratulations to Pakistan, but no need for making fun of a losing side. Show some class and bigger heart.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    It is pretty bad for Bangladesh but I think us beating India in Bangalore 2005 was a bigger humiliation and embarrassment. A bowling attack of Sami, Razzaq, Kaneria, Arshad Khan and Afridi beat the famed ATG batting line up of Sehwag, Sachin, Laxman, Ganguly, Dravid at home.
    That was a legitimate test match win between 2 equally matched sides. In that series India won a game, and another was drawn.

Don't drag Ind/Pak to the level of Bangladesh please.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Bangladesh played poorly in first innings. I saw the highlights and they kept throwing away the wickets. They fought better in the second innings.

Congratulations to Pakistan, but no need for making fun of a losing side. Show some class and bigger heart.
    I dont think the purpose of this thread is to make fun of someone's misfortune, but simply to call a spade a spade. This was an embarrassingly poor home defeat! They simply had to survive 1 and a half days with 20 wickets in hand

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To lose 20 wickets in a day and a bit on what wasnt even a typical day 5 pitch is utterly shambolic.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is, they are not novices in Test cricket. They have been playing this format for over 20 years!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very poor appraisal.This is Bangladesh we are talking about, not Australia. They have no depth. Only one decent player (shakib). Itís no surprise. Pak should be ashamed that bang took so much effort to beat. Afghan and Ireland are better than bang. Bang are not a top 10 team. They are on par with Nepal and UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has to be up there.

Future of BD cricket is not looking bright. They are still reliant on Shakib, Mushfiq, and Mahmudullah. Youngsters aren't stepping up.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Back when Zimbabwe actually had some quality cricketers and accomplished Test players.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I hate punching down and don't like making fun of the underdogs. But that holds true for teams like Ireland, Afghanistan, etc., who are the genuine underdogs.

But Bangladesh has been playing cricket for a long time, longer than any Afghan knew what cricket even was. I don't think we need to bash Bangladesh, but at some point, the questions need to be asked why they have not progressed at all like other teams. They have a better sporting infrastructure than the likes of Afghanistan, a far better economy and is an immeasurably more stable country, still they're underachieving in the international stage so much, which is frustrating even for normal cricket fans. In a few years, I think we'll have Nepal progressing to where Ireland, etc., is now, and Bangladesh would start feeling the heat even within asia with Afghanistan and Nepal giving competition, if BD cricket remains stagnant.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh cricket needs a total revamp.

Some of the younger players need to step up.

Hiring foreign coaches isnít the solution but looking at local coaches to develop youth will help.

Also PK can help if Bangladesh can stop lifting Indiaís 🎳.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan v Aus in UAE was probably the most embarrasing defeat of all, But it was against a great side and Pakistan have had their share of great victories to balance the equation.

This defeat for Bangladesh is not as embarrasing as Pakistan's. But it is not far off.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why as a Pakistani fan I'm not excited about this win.

Because it came against an atrocious batting performance by the bengalis .

Sajid khan imo will have tougher tests to face , no way I'm sold on him , nauman ali couldn't even perform against this team so he needs to be discarded if yasir shah was playing he would have had about 30 wickets in these 2 test matches

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not the worst given that it is Bangladesh and they are perfectly capable of it. What probably would hurt them was this was not a 5 day test technically. 3 day. So escaping with a draw was not an impossible thing. Yet they couldn't.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iím sure England will have a few over the last 140 or so years which could compete with this.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I’m sure England will have a few over the last 140 or so years which could compete with this.
    Well India drew england I think in 2007 1-1. In the third test, Shaun Udal led them to victory in Mumbai!!! That was pretty embarrasing for how india batted in that 4th innings

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Well India drew england I think in 2007 1-1. In the third test, Shaun Udal led them to victory in Mumbai!!! That was pretty embarrasing for how india batted in that 4th innings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWONamq9tkw

Here it is. A real comedy of a innings. Irfan Pathan to open. Kumble comes in as night watchmen. Sehwag at 7. Shaun Udal 4-14. Dhoni trying the same shot after skying one and the fielders missing it.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What makes this defeat even more embarrassing is the fact that Bangladesh refused to bowl just spinners in the 3rd session of Day 1 thus umpires calling of the play in day 1 due to bad light.

They were happy with the 4 points even before the match had started!

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Absolute nightmare the
    Worst closest to this should
    be in terms of overs req to save a game and then Sl at Cardiff comes into mind lost all 10 wickets in a session

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What makes this defeat even more embarrassing is the fact that Bangladesh refused to bowl just spinners in the 3rd session of Day 1 thus umpires calling of the play in day 1 due to bad light.

They were happy with the 4 points even before the match had started!
    Wait what?? This really happened? That is than poor cricket by the bengalis than

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    Absolute nightmare the
    Worst closest to this should
    be in terms of overs req to save a game and then Sl at Cardiff comes into mind lost all 10 wickets in a session
    But they were not at home

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wait what?? This really happened? That is than poor cricket by the bengalis than
    Yes, Day one was called off right before the 3rd session because the umpires asked Bangladesh to only bowl spinners with the light reducing. However, the captain disagreed and wanted to continue with pace and the umpires had no choice but to call bad light.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1068 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, Day one was called off right before the 3rd session because the umpires asked Bangladesh to only bowl spinners with the light reducing. However, the captain disagreed and wanted to continue with pace and the umpires had no choice but to call bad light.
    omg, no wonder the bengali commies were whining when Shaheen started bowling during the third session of day 5 . The commies were like look Shaheen is gonna bowl now and with the light problem existing the play should be called off. THe umpire will have a word with him after the first ball is delivered.

Ball gets delivered, Umpire was least bothered. I went on cricinfo to see what was the actual situation and over they said the sun has come out and the light is actually out there.

The biass bengali commies

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    If I was a Bangladeshi cricket fan I'd be fuming about that performance in the 2nd Test.

So much time lost yet they still lose.

Apart from a couple of players, their team lacks a backbone.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Very poor appraisal.This is Bangladesh we are talking about, not Australia. They have no depth. Only one decent player (shakib). Itís no surprise. Pak should be ashamed that bang took so much effort to beat. Afghan and Ireland are better than bang. Bang are not a top 10 team. They are on par with Nepal and UAE.
    What are you on about

They got beat in 1.5 days and lost 13 wickets in 2.5 sessions, how is that too much effort.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aus losing the Gabba test to a second string India earlier this year was pretty embarrassing especially considering the trash talk Paine had been doing regarding seeing them at gabba.

Aus losing the test to SA in 2016 that led to their CS stepping down immediately was quite embarrassing.

India losing to Aus in that 12/70 Steve O Keefe test.

Ban losing to second string WI successfully chasing 390 something.

NZ lost quite woefully in the aftermath of Ross Taylor's sacking as captain.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was really embarrassing. Pakistan essentially won the match in 2 days and a few sessions.

On top of that the way that Bangladesh batted was especially embarrassing. They were scared of the pitch and the bowling. And watching their approach in trying to avoid the follow-on was just laughable.

Pakistan bowled well, sure and the pitch had a lot in it, but more than that Bangladesh just played some shockingly poor cricket.

I can't think of many teams that would lose 13 wickets in less than a day.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Aus losing the Gabba test to a second string India earlier this year was pretty embarrassing especially considering the trash talk Paine had been doing regarding seeing them at gabba.

Aus losing the test to SA in 2016 that led to their CS stepping down immediately was quite embarrassing.

None of these defeats were embarrassing. Because for one thing the entire test matches weren't 8 sessions long.

Australia hammered India in the Pune test. It was comprehensive by 300+ runs. But even that test match had four innings and finished on the fourth day I think.

The rest of these matches all featured one team outplaying the other. But it wasn't like the other side played like a school team or folded like a pack of cards. If anything they were closely fought matches.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post

The Gabba defeat wasn’t embarrassing, it was just brilliant by India!

I don’t see Pakistanis celebrating hard into the night for this victory against Bangladesh. They may be all chilling in someone’s room and bantering about how pathetic the Bangladeshis were. They have two players in this side who think they are on the same level as Kohli and Sharma when it comes to stature and pressuring their boards into giving in to their demands.

Mushfiq is allowed to skip the Pakistan tour due to personal issues with Pakistan whilst Shakib has been holding his board to ransom for God knows how long!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This defeat by Bangladesh has to be the worst ever defeat in modern day cricket. What makes it worse is that it was on their home deck, and their two greatest batsmen (Shakib and Mushfiq) were also playing.

300/4 declared by Pakistan after losing 2 and a half days due to rain and bad light.

And then Bangladesh lose 20 wickets for 291 runs in a space of 117 overs!!

I dont think I have ever seen such an abysmal home performance in my life! What is the point of spending so much on coaching staff if this is the performance you will produce at home??
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post

India 628/8 dec

Rahul Dravid 148
    Sachin Tendulkar 193
    Saurav Ganguly 128

ENG 273 and 309

Bangladesh scored a total of 291 runs, England 582 runs and India 663 runs.

By all objective measures, the worst defeat in this century was suffered by Pakistan when they scored a total of 112 runs in defeat.

PAK: 59 & 53

AUS: 310

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...full-scorecard

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    None of these defeats were embarrassing. Because for one thing the entire test matches weren't 8 sessions long.

Australia hammered India in the Pune test. It was comprehensive by 300+ runs. But even that test match had four innings and finished on the fourth day I think.

The rest of these matches all featured one team outplaying the other. But it wasn't like the other side played like a school team or folded like a pack of cards. If anything they were closely fought matches.
    +1

One team outplaying the other is not really embarrassing.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    That was nowhere as embarrassing as this BD defeat.
    I didn't compare it to the BD defeat yesterday. This defeat is far more humiliating for Bangladesh. But that was also an embarassing loss at home for England with a margin of an inning and I remember that test very well so mentioned that.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWONamq9tkw

Here it is. A real comedy of a innings. Irfan Pathan to open. Kumble comes in as night watchmen. Sehwag at 7. Shaun Udal 4-14. Dhoni trying the same shot after skying one and the fielders missing it.
    Sehwag was injured so he can't bat before the falling of fifth wicket .
    I don't know why Pathan opened, Dravid should have opened.
    We played with three seamers on Mumbai deck, VVS was dropped by great captain Dravid for in favor of Yuvraj, Kaif who made 91 was also dropped by Dravid.
    Dravid team selection and playing three pacers on that wicket was blunder.
    Pathan shouldn't have played, instead vvs kaif Or Vvs and Yuvi( for fifth bowling option) should have played.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak always smashes Bangla team.

What is their record last 2 years at home in tests?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This was definitely worse... can't believe that happened still! In Pakistan!

Have the players going forward, just need coaching&professionalism! #1 priority: fielding

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, this should be more apt for top 8 tests teams that have a rich cricketing history in this format.

BD always loses regardless of form, pitch, country, players etc etc so they are always hitting new lows and no one would bat an eye to this loss or remember this in the future.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Pak always smashes Bangla team.

What is their record last 2 years at home in tests?
    Not much cricket happened in the last 2 years due to COVID.

They won a Test against Zimbabwe, lost 2 against West Indies, and lost 2 against Pakistan (at home).

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India 628/8 dec

Rahul Dravid 148
    Sachin Tendulkar 193
    Saurav Ganguly 128

ENG 273 and 309

Eh, England just got outplayed. In Pak-Bangladesh match, 2.5 days were washed out due to rain. And Bangladesh had 2 of their greatest players ever. You would expect a team to draw a test at home after playing for just 2.5 days. An innings defeat in 2.5 day at home is something I can't describe.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Eh, England just got outplayed. In Pak-Bangladesh match, 2.5 days were washed out due to rain. And Bangladesh had 2 of their greatest players ever. You would expect a team to draw a test at home after playing for just 2.5 days. An innings defeat in 2.5 day at home is something I can't describe.
    Across 2 innings, Pakistan was able to hold out for a total of 55.4 overs, while Bangladesh's total was 116.4 overs, more than twice Pakistan's resistance. The Test was over in 2 days. I would say Bangladesh's performance was better.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Across 2 innings, Pakistan was able to hold out for a total of 55.4 overs, while Bangladesh's total was 116.4 overs, more than twice Pakistan's resistance. The Test was over in 2 days. I would say Bangladesh's performance was better.

Yeah that was pretty embarrassing too.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Gabba defeat wasn’t embarrassing, it was just brilliant by India!

I don’t see Pakistanis celebrating hard into the night for this victory against Bangladesh. They may be all chilling in someone’s room and bantering about how pathetic the Bangladeshis were. They have two players in this side who think they are on the same level as Kohli and Sharma when it comes to stature and pressuring their boards into giving in to their demands.

Mushfiq is allowed to skip the Pakistan tour due to personal issues with Pakistan whilst Shakib has been holding his board to ransom for God knows how long!
    That's the player culture in Bangladesh and it's been like that for quite long. The fans make their players untouchable in Bangladesh. Good performances are hailed as great performances and players are made to feel like superheroes. Wasim Akram during the wt20 pointed out how both Liton and mushfiq aren't keen to keep the wicket if they are made to bat in the top order.

Whatever you may think about Kohli or Sharma, but they have been thorough professionals when it comes to international cricket and apart from the Aus test series earlier this year(which had a valid excuse), none of them pick and chose series in international cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had Jason Gillespie scoring a double century against us..... Dont know what else to say.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sion View Post
    We have had Jason Gillespie scoring a double century against us..... Dont know what else to say.
    Yeah. But, to be fair, that was in 2006 (Bangladesh were new to Test cricket then).

No excuse for this type of performance now.

Bangladeshi Man