[VIDEO] Pakistan Men’s central contract list 2021-22 announced


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 57 of 57
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    84,780
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO] Pakistan Men’s central contract list 2021-22 announced

    Following the Governing Board’s approval of the 2021-22 fiscal year’s budget, the PCB today announced an enhanced and performance-based central contract list 2021-22 for 20 elite men cricketers, including three emerging cricketers, in which match fee across all formats has been equalised.

    The list was finalised by the panel that comprised Director – International Cricket, Zakir Khan, chief selector Muhammad Wasim and Director – High Performance, Nadeem Khan, who also consulted head coach Misbah-ul-Haq and captain Babar Azam as part of the process. The provisional list was then shared with Chief Executive Wasim Khan, before it was approved by PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani.

    The 12-month contracts will run from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.

    Men’s central contract list 2021-22 is (reduced from 21 to 20):


    Category A – Babar Azam, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Rizwan and Shaheen Shah Afridi

    Category B – Azhar Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman, Fawad Alam, Shadab Khan and Yasir Shah

    Category C – Abid Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Nauman Ali and Sarfaraz Ahmed

    Emerging Category – Imran Butt, Shahnawaz Dahani and Usman Qadir


    Upward revisions to the central contracts include:

    · 25 per cent increase in Category A retainer; no increase in Test, ODI and T20I match fee

    · 25 per cent increase in Category B retainer; Test match fee increased by 15 per cent, ODI match fee increased by 20 per cent and T20I match fee increased by 25 per cent

    · 25 per cent increase in Category C retainer; 34 per cent increase in Test match fee, 50 per cent increase in ODI match fee, 67 per cent increase in T20I match fee

    · 15 per cent increase in Emerging Category retainer; 34 per cent increase in Test match fee, 50 per cent increase in ODI match fee, 67 per cent increase in T20I match fee

    In the central contract list 2021-22, Hasan Ali and Mohammad Rizwan have been offered Category A. Hasan Ali had missed out on the contract last year due to an injury but following his stellar performance in the 2020-21 as well as looking ahead to the 2021-22 season, he has been placed in Category A. Rizwan has been rewarded for his consistent performance across all formats by moving him from Category B to Category A.

    Likewise, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Nawaz and Nauman Ali have also been offered central contracts in recognition of their contributions and performances in the 2020-21 season.

    Haris Rauf and Mohammad Hasnain, who were in the Emerging Category last year, have been promoted to Category C, while youngsters Imran Butt, Shahnawaz Dahani and Usman Qadir have been placed in Emerging Category.

    Players missing out on the central contracts include Asad Shafiq, Haider Ali, Haris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Abbas, Naseem Shah, Shan Masood and Usman Shinwari. However, they remain firmly in the selectors’ plan for the season ahead and have the opportunity to earn contracts for the 2022-23 season, subject to performances during the 2021-22 season.

    PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan: “Selecting 20 players amongst a big pool of quality cricketers is always a challenging task. I would like to thank the panel for their diligent work in selecting the 2021-22 central contract list against an agreed criteria.

    “In the new list, we have seen eight new players emerge who have now gained central contracts. Due to the competitive nature of the central contract system nine players who had contracts in 2020-21 have sadly missed out on this occasion. The door remains firmly open for these players and they will continue to remain in the plans of the selectors.

    “Emerging Category recognises and rewards the up and coming talent. We have seen the emergence of Haris Rauf and Mohammad Hasnain move from an Emerging Category to Category C, and the likes of Imran Butt, Shahnawaz Dahani and Usman Qadir breaking into the Emerging Category. The Emerging Category remains a platform for young players to break into the central contract system.

    “The equalisation of match fees means that all players who walk out together to represent Pakistan will receive the same match fees irrespective of which category they are in, or whether they have a central contract or not.

    “Despite the challenging economic climate, we as the Pakistan Cricket Board believe that it is important to continue to show advancement in the value of central contracts. In the last two years, we have seen significant progress in central contract payments and we will remain committed to the principle of improving the value of contracts year-on-year.”

    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd July 2021 at 20:20.



  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    6,407
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz's retention in the contracts list will probably raise ire in certain quarters.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    44,033
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    67% increase in t20i match fee , showing the way to the youngsters which format to prioritize.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    863
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing is Cat A and B (apart from Fakhar & Shadab) has players who play tests.

    Also, Shadab is there because he's the V.C. If not it'll be just one LOI specialist in Cat A and B.

    Basically, it's like telling, if you want to get into Cat A/ B, play tests. Period

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    5,756
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much that will be in total?


    Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    6,382
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s doesn’t seem like our t20 team does it?

    Very weak altogether, seems like some names are missing.

    Don’t think they will get far in T20 cup.

    Most likely though only players who play ODI and Tests are given central contract.

  8. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing how much things have changed for the worse for Imad Wasim.

  9. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,947
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Couldn’t agree more with this list. Well done to the players on attaining this.

  10. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,390
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    Amazing how much things have changed for the worse for Imad Wasim.
    has to do with his attitude..... his shameful behaviour in NZ T20s was a disgrace to any and every sportsman .......

    also shows how weak he is now .... shielding behind others in PSL .. bolwing when it was easy not when it was needed and batting when all was lost ....

    such shame, I really liked his attitude 3/4 years ago when he was a bad @$$ with performances ....

  11. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,220
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    Amazing how much things have changed for the worse for Imad Wasim.
    I agree and I don't understand why. I still believe that if selected, he would be a high impact player for us in the T20 World Cup. I like Mohammed Nawaz, but to me he jusy doesn't have the same match-winning abilities.

    Some other players who have missed out here include Haider Ali, Harris Sohail, Mohammed Abbas and Naseem Shah. In particular, I don't see why Sarfraz deserves a contract ahead of Haider. Yes Sarfraz is a wicket keeper but you don't need two centrally contracted wicket keepers. In fact why would you centrally contract a wicket keeper who should never play unless your main choice is injured?

  12. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,390
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    surprising to see Shaan Massood, Haider Ali , Nauman Ali, Harris Sohail and M Abbas missing out but the central contract list shld be an elite group and it was awarded for nothing in previous years

    good to see Hassan Ali in A with Rizwan, totally deserve it

    Harris Rauf & Hussnain ... huh ....

    Love to see Asad Shafiq out, he has been the worst of the worse in past 10 years

    Sarfraz should not be in there.... don't know wat utility he brings

  13. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    2,618
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz brings the nepotism to the table

  14. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    756
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't recognize what Imad Wasim brings to middle lower order. He has played some critical innings. It would have been fine to leave him out if they had replacement in middle order but they don't.

    Sarfaraz doesn't deserve to be a anywhere close to the central contract. He has failed on numerous occasions and lacks confidence in his own batting abilities.

  15. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,525
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So we only have 1 new ball bowler for test cricket with a central contract, and that too a 21 year old.

    Most Pakistani cricket fans are concerned about our batting, but I’m more concerned about our bowling than our batting, even when our batsmen weren’t performing our bowlers would bail us out most of the times.

    We’ve gone from mediocre and inconsistent batting + amazing bowling to mediocre batting + mediocre and inconsistent bowling.

    I never thought the day would come when a 21 year old would be our best bowler, it’s something you’d hear from an associate team.

    Instead of giving Sami v2 a contract, they could’ve given Sameen Gul an emerging contract and put Usman Qadir in category C.

  16. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    6,407
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    67% increase in t20i match fee , showing the way to the youngsters which format to prioritize.
    It's not about prioritizing formats as such, more standardization of match fees across the three categories. Previously match fees differed by contract category so a Cat A player would earn more match fees than the other players.

    Currently the approximate match fees are as follows:

    1. Test cricket - PKR 762,300 per match (USD 4,750)
    2. ODI cricket - PKR 468,800 per match (USD 2,930)
    3. T20 cricket - PKR 338,250 per match (USD 2,115)

  17. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    3,730
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem deserves to be in C rather than B.
    Shadab doesn't deserve a contract at all.

  18. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    3,554
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batsmen should be capped to no higher than category C unless they have performances to deserve higher - eg, requiring a batting average in at least one format above 45 to get to Category B and over 50 in at least one format to get to Category A.

    If I had my way, I would have enforced this rule long long ago - even if that meant one of my personal favourite batsmen never made it above Category C for his entire 18 year career.

  19. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,252
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Normally i would back pure test specialists like Yasir Shah and Azhar Ali to get A contracts but these guys have been very inconsistent for a long time. Another country might have even ended Azhar Ali's Career given that his avg dropped from 48 to 42 but only a country like Pakistan will keep carrying him and give him the captaincy.

  20. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,250
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shadab should have been demoted to Category C. Has had no performance to be sitting in Category B. Plus he's been injured for the majority of time.

  21. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,659
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    Amazing how much things have changed for the worse for Imad Wasim.
    It's very interesting. A mainstay of the LOI sides for several years, captains a PSL franchise and remains a frontline choice for us.

    I just can't help but consider that someone influential has decided he needs to be taught a lesson. Let's just hope it's a positive lesson and not one that is going to backfire.


  22. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,723
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Category A is pretty much unarguable. Babar, Rizwan, Hassan and Shaheen are the best players we have across the formats and naturally they play all 3 formats.

    Shadab’s reputation as a cricketer has gone down in recent times but, his stature in cricket circle from 1.5, 2 years ago is still intact mainly due to him becoming vice captain before Rizwan’s emergence is a cricketer. He will need to start performing soon so that he can improve his reputation.

    Faheem has done pretty well over the last year or so and deserves category B in my opinion considering he is almost a regular fixture now across the formats. Its been a big turn around for him from 2019 where he was struggling and critics were all over him to now a regular member and reaching category B.

    Imam needs to try and find a regular spot in test squad as well while Shadab needs to start delivering. For one reason or another both have underachieved till now in terms of growth considering the expectations that were there from them couple of years ago. Imam is a pretty solid ODI opener but other than maybe polishing his game in that format his growth in other formats have been pretty limited. Though Imam cant be blamed entirely considering the way he has been treated in red ball cricket by management and selectors as well.

    Abdullah Shafique has been hard done to an extent considering he has been travelling with the team tour after tour but, not considered for the emerging category. Though he is still young, needs to keep on putting in hard yards.

    On the other hand what a turn around year for Dahani, from struggling to find a spot in Sindh’s main XI in previous season to getting emerging player contract without even playing a match for Pakistan.
    Last edited by Titan24; 2nd July 2021 at 19:26.

  23. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    158,766
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Video message from Wasim Khan added to post#1


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  24. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    10,582
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure how Abdullah shafique doesn't make the emerging category he's been with the team for the last year but yet doesn't make the cut.

  25. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    10,582
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Category A is pretty much unarguable. Babar, Rizwan, Hassan and Shaheen are the best players we have across the formats and naturally they play all 3 formats.

    Shadab’s reputation as a cricketer has gone down in recent times but, his stature in cricket circle from 1.5, 2 years ago is still intact mainly due to him becoming vice captain before Rizwan’s emergence is a cricketer. He will need to start performing soon so that he can improve his reputation.

    Faheem has done pretty well over the last year or so and deserves category B in my opinion considering he is almost a regular fixture now across the formats. Its been a big turn around for him from 2019 where he was struggling and critics were all over him to now a regular member and reaching category B.

    Imam needs to try and find a regular spot in test squad as well while Shadab needs to start delivering. For one reason or another both have underachieved till now in terms of growth considering the expectations that were there from them couple of years ago. Imam is a pretty solid ODI opener but other than maybe polishing his game in that format his growth in other formats have been pretty limited. Though Imam cant be blamed entirely considering the way he has been treated in red ball cricket by management and selectors as well.

    Abdullah Shafique has been hard done to an extent considering he has been travelling with the team tour after tour but, not considered for the emerging category. Though he is still young, needs to keep on putting in hard yards.

    On the other hand what a turn around year for Dahani, from struggling to find a spot in Sindh’s main XI in previous season to getting emerging player contract without even playing a match for Pakistan.
    Exactly how an earth is Abdullah shafiaque not in the list for emerging category is beyond a joke.

  26. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,525
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    assuming an average of 30 internationals a year, 10 in each format, a grade A cricketer should expect to earn $100,000 in salary and $100,000 in match fees according to my rough calculations.

    that is shockingly poor for the 4 best cricketers in the country. PCB really need to sort their finances out. the top 5 or 6 players on average should make at least $1,000,000 each, inclusive of psl contract.

    half of this money should be subject to longevity criteria, i.e. $500,000 paid in salary, $250,000 toward pension, and $250,000 released if you spend a certain amount of years in a contract grade.

    also should be contractually obliged to not partake in any other league, and where given a noc to do so the pcb should take 50% of their salary.

  27. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,037
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing to see our test specialists in Category B. They should be in Category A. On one hand Wasim Khan can't stop talking about how much test cricket matters, on the other hand he won't even give the test specalists i.e. Azhar Ali, Yasir Shah and Fawad Alam a Grade A contract.

    The most disappointing aspect is the demotion of Azhar Ali. He was Pakistan's best test batsman in the last one year - 660 runs at an average of 50.76 with 2 centuries. No one scored test more runs for Pakistan in this period.

  28. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,947
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Disappointing to see our test specialists in Category B. They should be in Category A. On one hand Wasim Khan can't stop talking about how much test cricket matters, on the other hand he won't even give the test specalists i.e. Azhar Ali, Yasir Shah and Fawad Alam a Grade A contract.

    The most disappointing aspect is the demotion of Azhar Ali. He was Pakistan's best test batsman in the last one year - 660 runs at an average of 50.76 with 2 centuries. No one scored test more runs for Pakistan in this period.
    Yep, he kept contradicting himself.

    On one hand he praises test cricketers and says that is the priority and then the other "oh he only plays one format and so that's a reason why".

    However, as a Fawad fan i think a B category contract was justified.

  29. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    assuming an average of 30 internationals a year, 10 in each format, a grade A cricketer should expect to earn $100,000 in salary and $100,000 in match fees according to my rough calculations.

    that is shockingly poor for the 4 best cricketers in the country. PCB really need to sort their finances out. the top 5 or 6 players on average should make at least $1,000,000 each, inclusive of psl contract.

    half of this money should be subject to longevity criteria, i.e. $500,000 paid in salary, $250,000 toward pension, and $250,000 released if you spend a certain amount of years in a contract grade.

    also should be contractually obliged to not partake in any other league, and where given a noc to do so the pcb should take 50% of their salary.
    Babar Azam including PSL ears around $400,000 a year. Not counting his sponsorships.

    Nearly half a million from a broke board in a broke country like Pakistan is very good. $400k in Rupees is 50 Lakh PKR a MONTH.

    Your points about pensions and everything are 100% valid ofcourse but till PSL is more financially stable then it can do that.

  30. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Category C players all stand a very good chance of playing in one format for Pakistan, with the exception being Safraz.

    Provided Rizwan is available, Safraz does not get a game as he does not make the team as a specialist batsmen. Was it on seniority he got a contract?

  31. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    84,780
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    Amazing how much things have changed for the worse for Imad Wasim.
    Indeed, from a white-ball regular to now having to fight back for his place and not in the contracts list.

    Imad v Nawaz, the battle is on.



  32. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    84,780
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Faheem deserves to be in C rather than B.
    Shadab doesn't deserve a contract at all.
    Vice captaincy maybe pushed his category to B rather than C.



  33. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    8,647
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The biggest issue with Pakistan Cricket is summed up by this fact.

    Shadab and Faheem are both in a higher category contract than Imam

    @Mamoon

  34. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,037
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Yep, he kept contradicting himself.

    On one hand he praises test cricketers and says that is the priority and then the other "oh he only plays one format and so that's a reason why".

    However, as a Fawad fan i think a B category contract was justified.
    Okay fair enough for Fawad. He just recently came into the side and is not an established name yet.

    But Azhar and Yasir have been the backbone of the test team for years. They both definitely deserved a category A contract.

  35. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,037
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Normally i would back pure test specialists like Yasir Shah and Azhar Ali to get A contracts but these guys have been very inconsistent for a long time. Another country might have even ended Azhar Ali's Career given that his avg dropped from 48 to 42 but only a country like Pakistan will keep carrying him and give him the captaincy.
    I think you need to update your facts bud. Azhar Ali scored scored 660 runs in the past year at an average of 50.7 with 2 centuries to his name. They are the most runs by a Pakistani test batsman in this period. So if anything he has been our most successful batsman recently.

  36. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,947
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Okay fair enough for Fawad. He just recently came into the side and is not an established name yet.

    But Azhar and Yasir have been the backbone of the test team for years. They both definitely deserved a category A contract.
    You could say they deserve higher but both Azhar and Yasir have been about par. I feel the reason they got B is because they play one format only as oppose to category A people who play all 3 formats.

  37. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    7,525
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Babar Azam including PSL ears around $400,000 a year. Not counting his sponsorships.

    Nearly half a million from a broke board in a broke country like Pakistan is very good. $400k in Rupees is 50 Lakh PKR a MONTH.

    Your points about pensions and everything are 100% valid ofcourse but till PSL is more financially stable then it can do that.
    its ok, but he deserves more for his skill level, and the only way pakistan can ensure its best assets are protected from excessive amounts of t20 league cricket is to increase the salaries and insert a clause to stop these guys from playing leagues, or more than 1 league if pak have a quiet period.

    i havnt seen the pcb's financials since 2018 so i dont want to comment on siutation now, but back then i think player central contracts were abt $1,000,000 from about $40 million in revenue. increasing the central contracts that by 25% or 35% wouldnt break the bank, and if it would minimise the amount of the league cricket these guys were playing i think it would be good.

  38. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    84,780
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The contracts have shrunk in terms of numbers.

    It wasn't that long ago when 50 or so players were getting contracts given to them.

    I guess less contracts, but more money for those lucky enough to get a contract.



  39. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,072
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gang of Mohammad Wasim, Misbah-ul-Haq making sure friends get the contracts

    Can someone educate me why Nawaz preferred over Imad?
    I don't recall any match where Nawaz has won the game for us (even though he turns more; but I am 100% sure countries (India, SL, Bangladesh, etc.) which play spinners better can bat against him easily

    I have never seen him doing even average things with bat

    Please help me here

  40. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,252
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    I think you need to update your facts bud. Azhar Ali scored scored 660 runs in the past year at an average of 50.7 with 2 centuries to his name. They are the most runs by a Pakistani test batsman in this period. So if anything he has been our most successful batsman recently.
    This may be true, one was against a weak Sri Lankan team in an innings where we had 4 centurions and the other was a good captains knock against England.

    But let's be honest, he is very lucky he got a long rope that he did because other countries would have dropped him. I still don't believe he has much mileage left. Asad Shafiq has already been shown the door even though since 2017 he has averaged higher than Azhar Ali

  41. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,252
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Babar Azam including PSL ears around $400,000 a year. Not counting his sponsorships.

    Nearly half a million from a broke board in a broke country like Pakistan is very good. $400k in Rupees is 50 Lakh PKR a MONTH.

    Your points about pensions and everything are 100% valid ofcourse but till PSL is more financially stable then it can do that.
    Don't forget Babar Azam plays in England County T20s as well.

  42. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    39,252
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    assuming an average of 30 internationals a year, 10 in each format, a grade A cricketer should expect to earn $100,000 in salary and $100,000 in match fees according to my rough calculations.

    that is shockingly poor for the 4 best cricketers in the country. PCB really need to sort their finances out. the top 5 or 6 players on average should make at least $1,000,000 each, inclusive of psl contract.

    half of this money should be subject to longevity criteria, i.e. $500,000 paid in salary, $250,000 toward pension, and $250,000 released if you spend a certain amount of years in a contract grade.

    also should be contractually obliged to not partake in any other league, and where given a noc to do so the pcb should take 50% of their salary.
    You have to compare the payouts with respect to the economy of the country and the commercial broadcasting revenues of the boards.

    For a country like Pakistan, these elite players are still making life changing sums of money which if they invest wisely allows them to diversify into business, real estate etc

  43. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,037
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    This may be true, one was against a weak Sri Lankan team in an innings where we had 4 centurions and the other was a good captains knock against England.

    But let's be honest, he is very lucky he got a long rope that he did because other countries would have dropped him. I still don't believe he has much mileage left. Asad Shafiq has already been shown the door even though since 2017 he has averaged higher than Azhar Ali
    Yeah that's probably why he has been able to succeed at the highest level for a number of years or why he is fifth on the highest run-scorers list for Pakistan...because he's "lucky".

    Or why he scored more runs than Babar and Rizwan...it's all luck.

    I don't get why people do this. Just because they dislike a certain player they will demean that player's achievements as if they were nothing. I literally told you that he outscored everyone in the side and yet all you seem to focus on is how he only played 'one good knock'. Btw what was his gutsy 90 odd against NZ on a greentop? Another lucky knock?

    You don't average 50 for a year by playing one good knock or being lucky. Being consistent is literally an anti-thesis of being lucky. And you don't outscore Babar and Rizwan by playing one good knock. Azhar went through a horrendous slump in form and at his age it takes alot to pick yourself up from that kind of a predicament and make a comeback. And he did. Which is a testament to his grit and resolve.

    Just because Azhar plays for a mediocre team or doesn't get his due from fans such as yourself doesn't mean what he has achieved doesn't matter. People on this thread are so interested in the 'future' that they don't pay enough attention to the now. And Azhar averaging 50 last year is a case of just that.

    I think the only person who needs to be honest here is you. Admit Azhar has been an outstanding servant for Pakistan cricket who has always been a hard-worker who can grit it out and punch above his weight. And as a result he has achieved more than many more talented Pakistani batsmen than him ever could.

  44. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,037
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    You could say they deserve higher but both Azhar and Yasir have been about par. I feel the reason they got B is because they play one format only as oppose to category A people who play all 3 formats.
    Azhar averaged 50.7 last year and scored more runs than Babar and Rizwan. I would not call that below par. If anything he is the statistically best Pakistani batsman from last year.

    Yasir may have been poor but he is the lynchpin of Pakistan's test bowling attack. Without Yasir there is no bowling attack.

    These guys being in Category B is a slap on the face to both and their accomplishments for Pakistan over the years.

  45. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,947
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Azhar averaged 50.7 last year and scored more runs than Babar and Rizwan. I would not call that below par. If anything he is the statistically best Pakistani batsman from last year.

    Yasir may have been poor but he is the lynchpin of Pakistan's test bowling attack. Without Yasir there is no bowling attack.

    These guys being in Category B is a slap on the face to both and their accomplishments for Pakistan over the years.
    Well in that sense then it's an injustice then yea they should be A. It looks as if though they've given preference to people playing all 3 formats for Pak and being part of the regulars.

    I wouldn't feel all that bad, things could be worse you could be C.

  46. #45
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    7,193
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I completely agree with the grades.

    Good job PCB!

  47. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mostly ok...okish.
    Shadab should be in C...his mainstay, his bowling, is no longer at required level.

    Faheem, again, needs to do more in odi/t20 batting wise, again middling contract in B.

    Imad Wasim needs to come back - never mind his bowling, we need his batting in middle order; especially T20s.

    Sarfaraz? A political choice, brings nothing to the table. An irrelevant replacement keeper. Wish Rohail Nazir was from Karach ... (he probably is but doesn't know it yer).

    Abdullah Shafique? No where near? Thank God!

  48. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,369
    Mentioned
    7448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Wasim’s agenda has destroyed Imad’s career. He is easily the best and most impactful LOI all-rounder in Pakistan.

    Comfortably a better cricket than Shadab who has a B contract for nothing.

  49. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    2,944
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Sarfraz's retention in the contracts list will probably raise ire in certain quarters.
    It suggests two things:

    1) It was done to calm the media down, because if he were taken out, it would mean that the team was practically done with him.
    2) Either Misbah or Babar feel as though they can use Sarfaraz across all formats in different positions, which is why he is a main member of the team with this contract.

    The second option seems likely given his record in England is quite good, but it does show that new wicket-keeper batsmen are unlikely to break into the Test and ODI squads.

  50. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    2,944
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Mohammad Wasim’s agenda has destroyed Imad’s career. He is easily the best and most impactful LOI all-rounder in Pakistan.

    Comfortably a better cricket than Shadab who has a B contract for nothing.
    I agree.

    Shadab doesn't even know what he is, sometimes he calls himself a batsman, other times he's a bowler, he's quite useless at the moment.

    Imad should be in all of our squads (I think that we should have at least tried him out in tests, especially since he can be a useful batting all-rounder), but Mohammad Wasim makes up random crap about his bowling issues.

    Shadab's bowling is so bad now that I actually think Babar should start bowling a bit to help the team. Shadab's batting is non-existant, he is perhaps the ugliest batsman I have seen as he doesn't time the ball at all.

    On the other hand, those who were watching Imad from 2016 onwards would know how much he has improved in various aspects, predominantly his batting. I've always felt as though he should bat a bit higher, maybe at 5 or 6 in ODIs because he scores solid runs at a good pace. People talk about how his bowling is one dimensional, but fail to see that he averages 40+ in ODIs at a SR excess of 110, and that his bowling stats aren't even that bad to begin with.

    It's only politics, no team with a capable team management would have let Imad go to waste in his peak years.

  51. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,525
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Mohammad Wasim’s agenda has destroyed Imad’s career. He is easily the best and most impactful LOI all-rounder in Pakistan.

    Comfortably a better cricket than Shadab who has a B contract for nothing.
    Misbah himself said that Imad was dropped based on form, and that they’re giving Nawaz more opportunities as they feel he’s more suited to the conditions for the WT20.


    Bring Back Umar Akmal

  52. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    158,766
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Seems all not that well with the CC situation.

    ==

    As per media reports

    1. Pakistan cricketers in the A Category including skipper Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Hasan Ali and Shaheen Shah Afridi have appealed to PCB to consider a hike in match fees as they are not happy because there was no increase in their Test, ODI and T20I match fees in the new central contracts.

    2. One of the senior players have already registered his protest with PCB and requested for an increase in match fee of Category A players.

    3. According to sources, the senior cricketer is confident that the board will not decline his request.

    4. Media reports also say that the PCB had denied that any cricketer had complained to them about their match fees.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    10,582
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players from the same team should be getting the same match fees.

  54. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    158,766
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Following the Governing Board’s approval of the 2021-22 fiscal year’s budget, the PCB today announced an enhanced and performance-based central contract list 2021-22 for 20 elite men cricketers, including three emerging cricketers, in which match fee across all formats has been equalised.

    The list was finalised by the panel that comprised Director – International Cricket, Zakir Khan, chief selector Muhammad Wasim and Director – High Performance, Nadeem Khan, who also consulted head coach Misbah-ul-Haq and captain Babar Azam as part of the process. The provisional list was then shared with Chief Executive Wasim Khan, before it was approved by PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani.

    The 12-month contracts will run from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.

    Men’s central contract list 2021-22 is (reduced from 21 to 20):


    Category A – Babar Azam, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Rizwan and Shaheen Shah Afridi

    Category B – Azhar Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman, Fawad Alam, Shadab Khan and Yasir Shah

    Category C – Abid Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Nauman Ali and Sarfaraz Ahmed

    Emerging Category – Imran Butt, Shahnawaz Dahani and Usman Qadir


    Upward revisions to the central contracts include:

    · 25 per cent increase in Category A retainer; no increase in Test, ODI and T20I match fee

    · 25 per cent increase in Category B retainer; Test match fee increased by 15 per cent, ODI match fee increased by 20 per cent and T20I match fee increased by 25 per cent

    · 25 per cent increase in Category C retainer; 34 per cent increase in Test match fee, 50 per cent increase in ODI match fee, 67 per cent increase in T20I match fee

    · 15 per cent increase in Emerging Category retainer; 34 per cent increase in Test match fee, 50 per cent increase in ODI match fee, 67 per cent increase in T20I match fee

    In the central contract list 2021-22, Hasan Ali and Mohammad Rizwan have been offered Category A. Hasan Ali had missed out on the contract last year due to an injury but following his stellar performance in the 2020-21 as well as looking ahead to the 2021-22 season, he has been placed in Category A. Rizwan has been rewarded for his consistent performance across all formats by moving him from Category B to Category A.

    Likewise, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Nawaz and Nauman Ali have also been offered central contracts in recognition of their contributions and performances in the 2020-21 season.

    Haris Rauf and Mohammad Hasnain, who were in the Emerging Category last year, have been promoted to Category C, while youngsters Imran Butt, Shahnawaz Dahani and Usman Qadir have been placed in Emerging Category.

    Players missing out on the central contracts include Asad Shafiq, Haider Ali, Haris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Abbas, Naseem Shah, Shan Masood and Usman Shinwari. However, they remain firmly in the selectors’ plan for the season ahead and have the opportunity to earn contracts for the 2022-23 season, subject to performances during the 2021-22 season.

    PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan: “Selecting 20 players amongst a big pool of quality cricketers is always a challenging task. I would like to thank the panel for their diligent work in selecting the 2021-22 central contract list against an agreed criteria.

    “In the new list, we have seen eight new players emerge who have now gained central contracts. Due to the competitive nature of the central contract system nine players who had contracts in 2020-21 have sadly missed out on this occasion. The door remains firmly open for these players and they will continue to remain in the plans of the selectors.

    “Emerging Category recognises and rewards the up and coming talent. We have seen the emergence of Haris Rauf and Mohammad Hasnain move from an Emerging Category to Category C, and the likes of Imran Butt, Shahnawaz Dahani and Usman Qadir breaking into the Emerging Category. The Emerging Category remains a platform for young players to break into the central contract system.

    “The equalisation of match fees means that all players who walk out together to represent Pakistan will receive the same match fees irrespective of which category they are in, or whether they have a central contract or not.

    “Despite the challenging economic climate, we as the Pakistan Cricket Board believe that it is important to continue to show advancement in the value of central contracts. In the last two years, we have seen significant progress in central contract payments and we will remain committed to the principle of improving the value of contracts year-on-year.”

    So all those part of central contracts will feature for their respective sides in domestic season - even though names not part of the announced list.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    23,723
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So all those part of central contracts will feature for their respective sides in domestic season - even though names not part of the announced list.
    Yes that must be the case but, I was looking at the dates and for this season availability of most of them who remain with the team will be really low. NZ, Eng series coincide with National T20 Cup. World T20 and BD tour coincides with QAE and then Pakistan Cup will be at at possibly be at the same time when Aus will be touring.

    Imad, Hafeez and few other players are still there in the domestic contracts but, they are not part of Test or ODI setup.
    Last edited by Titan24; 4th September 2021 at 18:34.

  56. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    15,177
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is where waseem khan is adding his uk experience where the first class cricketers and the ones centrally contracted are not really named in the squad but are still part of it.

    And im huessing the centrally contracted only gets that one pay and not the first class pay.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  57. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    158,766
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Mr Ramiz Raja announced 192 cricketers with domestic contracts will see an increase of PKR100,000 in monthly retainers across all rungs. This means that domestic men’s cricketers in the 2021-22 season, which begins with the Cricket Associations T20, the Second XI competition, from 15 September at the Quetta’s Bugti Stadium, will now earn between PKR140,000 to PKR250,000 per month, which is an increase of 250 per cent for the players in the D category, the lowest category.

    “It is our duty to care for our cricketers and continue to take measures which strengthen our system,” Ramiz said. “This will also play a role in ending any uncertainty surrounding the current cricket structure; the welfare of present and former cricketers is paramount to me.”


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  58. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    10,582
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mr Ramiz Raja announced 192 cricketers with domestic contracts will see an increase of PKR100,000 in monthly retainers across all rungs. This means that domestic men’s cricketers in the 2021-22 season, which begins with the Cricket Associations T20, the Second XI competition, from 15 September at the Quetta’s Bugti Stadium, will now earn between PKR140,000 to PKR250,000 per month, which is an increase of 250 per cent for the players in the D category, the lowest category.

    “It is our duty to care for our cricketers and continue to take measures which strengthen our system,” Ramiz said. “This will also play a role in ending any uncertainty surrounding the current cricket structure; the welfare of present and former cricketers is paramount to me.”
    Good to see a pay increase.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •