Afghanistan versus Pakistan ODI series postponed - ACB to ask PCB to play series in Afghanistan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Afghanistan versus Pakistan ODI series postponed - ACB to ask PCB to play series in Afghanistan

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/6118...inst-Pakistan-

Afghan Cricket Board (ACB) on Friday announced a 17-man squad for the upcoming three-match ODI series against Pakistan.

Pakistan cricket team is scheduled to tour the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the three-match One Day International (ODI) series against Afghanistan.

The series will be part of the 2020–23 ICC Cricket World Cup Super League. The 3-match ODI series is scheduled to start in September 2021.

This will be the first assignment for the newly appointed ODI captain Hashmatullah Shahidi and his deputy Rahmat Shah. Afghanistan last played in the 50-over format in January in the three-match series against Ireland and won all the three games of the contest.

Meanwhile, both the cricket boards have mutually decided to play the limited-overs series in UAE. However, the venues haven’t been finalized as of now. Mainly there are three choices for the cricket boards including Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai. One of the Afghanistan cricket board officials asserted: “It [The series] will be played in UAE but we are yet to confirm the venue. We are discussing to host it either in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi or in Dubai.”

Pakistan and Afghanistan last faced each other in the 2019 World Cup in England. The two teams had played out a thriller then. Afghanistan had posted a competitive total of 227 runs in their 50 overs with vital contributions from Afghan and Najibullah Zadran.

Pakistan, in response, were in tatters at one stage with only 156 runs on the board and had only four wickets in hand.
    17 man squad:

Rahmanullah Gurbaz
    Ibrahim Zadran
    Sediq Atal
    Rahmat Shah (vice-capt)
    Hashmatullah Shahidi (capt)
    Najibullah Zadran
    Ikram Alikhil
    Shahid Kamal
    Mohammad Nabi
    Karim Janat
    Azmatullah Omarzai
    Rashid Khan
    Abdul Rahman
    Naveen-ul-Haq
    Mujeeb Ur Rahman
    Fazal Haq Farooqi
    Noor Ahmad

Last edited by MenInG; 24th July 2021 at 02:14.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Batting looks fairly weak in my eyes. Asghar Afghan and Zazai not playing weakens this.

Bowling on the other hand very threatening.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To improve our performance we need to be playing much bigger teams. Playing Afghanistan will do us no good, it is a complete waste of time.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's that Zazai guy who opened for Zalmi?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    To improve our performance we need to be playing much bigger teams. Playing Afghanistan will do us no good, it is a complete waste of time.
    Trust me Afghanistan is no Mickey Mouse team, they have a seriously good spin bowling dept or have you forgotten that they nearly beat Pak and India at the WC19?

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MIsbah needs some wins under his belt , if Zimbabwe is not available, Afghanistan is not a bad idea.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Trust me Afghanistan is no Mickey Mouse team, they have a seriously good spin bowling dept or have you forgotten that they nearly beat Pak and India at the WC19?
    I just hate it when we play Afghanistan or even Zimbabwe. They may be decent sides but we play them much more then other top sides. Playing Afghanistan is much like playing a team from our KPK province. It exposes how poor the PCB are in arranging matches against the top sides.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just hate it when we play Afghanistan or even Zimbabwe. They may be decent sides but we play them much more then other top sides. Playing Afghanistan is much like playing a team from our KPK province. It exposes how poor the PCB are in arranging matches against the top sides.
    Pakistan and Afghanistan haven't played a lot of cricket, correct me if i'm wrong but only 4 official ODIs have been played by both sides, 1 t20 and no tests.

I'd be interested to know the background of scheduling tours and how that comes about for all respective nations. My gut tells me India take the lion's share of picking nations they want to play and where they play.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dont want this series to happen considering the garbage Afghan board and their president have been throwing at Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan and Afghanistan haven't played a lot of cricket, correct me if i'm wrong but only 4 official ODIs have been played by both sides, 1 t20 and no tests.

I'd be interested to know the background of scheduling tours and how that comes about for all respective nations. My gut tells me India take the lion's share of picking nations they want to play and where they play.
    How many times do other top sides play Afghanistan? With us the likes of Zim and Afghanistan seem to be the go to sides when we can't arrange anything else. India contributes most to the ICC wallet so have every right to be in control. Thing is Pak should easily be the second most influential country in international Cricket if only the PCB matured up. We are always scraping the bottom of barrel begging second rate sides to play us. Once again playing second rate teams does Pak no good whatsoever. Next we will be playing Scotland or Ireland.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 24th July 2021 at 01:45.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark my words they are going to win this series.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many times do other top sides play Afghanistan? With us the likes of Zim and Afghanistan seem to be the go to sides when we can't arrange anything else. India contributes most to the ICC wallet so have every right to be in control. Thing is Pak should easily be the second most influential country in international Cricket if only the PCB matured up. We are always scraping the bottom of barrel begging second rate sides to play us. Once again playing second rate teams does Pak no good whatsoever. Next we will be playing Scotland or Ireland.
    Zimbabwe certainly 2 tests was too much but bearing in mind Pakistan's test side is young in terms of test experience it was fine but honestly people underestimate how good Afghanistan is.

Some nations like WI cancelled 1 test on us due to financial reasons, so it really depends. Next year Pak have a packed year with some big home series coming up.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    Mark my words they are going to win this series.
    +1

Their spinners will rip through our batting line up.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be an interesting series between Pakistan batters vs Afghanistan Spinners

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    This will not happen. Current political climate is similar to India Pakistan.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe certainly 2 tests was too much but bearing in mind Pakistan's test side is young in terms of test experience it was fine but honestly people underestimate how good Afghanistan is.

Some nations like WI cancelled 1 test on us due to financial reasons, so it really depends. Next year Pak have a packed year with some big home series coming up.
    Stop deflecting the topic to West Indies and what not. We play second rate sides much more then other teams that has nothing to do with the age of the side. Afghanistan may be good in your eyes but most countries don't even take them seriously. I don't see Australia, India or England lining up to play them. You know how often the PCB disappoint us, repeatedly. We will see about next year when it arrives but with the situation in Afghanistan don't place any bets on teams visiting.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why cant Afghanistan play in Pakistan?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stop deflecting the topic to West Indies and what not. We play second rate sides much more then other teams that has nothing to do with the age of the side. Afghanistan may be good in your eyes but most countries don't even take them seriously. I don't see Australia, India or England lining up to play them. You know how often the PCB disappoint us, repeatedly. We will see about next year when it arrives but with the situation in Afghanistan don't place any bets on teams visiting.
    It's you that are deflecting from my previous comment i said we don't play Afghanistan as much and i put the stat in front of you.

When is Aus, Eng, NZ gonna play us when they themselves have a busy schedule? That's what i mentioned initially that i would be interested to know the procedure in booking series across the calender year which you don't know the answer to either.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's you that are deflecting from my previous comment i said we don't play Afghanistan as much and i put the stat in front of you.

When is Aus, Eng, NZ gonna play us when they themselves have a busy schedule? That's what i mentioned initially that i would be interested to know the procedure in booking series across the calender year which you don't know the answer to either.
    You are the one bringing West Indies in to the debate. I am telling you that we probably play B sides more then anyone else. I asked you how many times have other top sides played the likes of Zim or Afghanistan?. Also stop telling me that Afghanistan are a good side to make yourself feel better.

Then we just have to be part of your busy schedule as well. What you are saying is that top teams don't want to play us which is exactly my point. The procedure is for the PCB to arrange as to when we play top sides instead of ones like Afghanistan that you are so much in love with.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 24th July 2021 at 03:48.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are the one bringing West Indies in to the debate. I am telling you that we probably play B sides more then anyone else. I asked you how many times have other top sides played the likes of Zim or Afghanistan?. Also stop telling me that Afghanistan are a good side to make yourself feel better.

Then we just have to be part of your busy schedule as well. What you are saying is that top teams don't want to play us which is exactly my point. The procedure is for the PCB to arrange as to when we play top sides instead of ones like Afghanistan that you are so much in love with.
    Why talking about getting worked up.

Afghanistan nearly beat Pak, India and SL at the WC19. They have top class spinners like Mujeeb, Nabi and Rashid on their side and go look up the player rankings for these 3 players. Why can't i be complementary of a side?

It's true evidence wise that we probably don't play top sides as compared to others. However, if we do then teams will send their B sides to us cause they'll give more weighting to playing someone like India with their A side.

Do you sit with the PCB and arrange it yourself? You say that with such confidence.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With PCT's historical complacency issues, we tend to raise or lower our game to match the opposition's. Competing against quality sides rather than gaining a false sense of security/stability through winning against ZIM etc., is extremely crucial going forward. We should definitely be helping the likes of AFG in propping up their cricketing structure, but I hope we take this as an opportunity to test out a lot of the youngsters in the Shaheens/Pak A, rather than playing full strength.

P.S. Hear very good things about Ibrahim Zadran. One to watch!
    Last edited by OmarKhan99; 24th July 2021 at 04:00.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    With PCT's historical complacency issues, we tend to raise or lower our game to match the opposition's. Competing against quality sides rather than gaining a false sense of security/stability through winning against ZIM etc., is extremely crucial going forward. We should definitely be helping the likes of AFG in propping up their cricketing structure, but I hope we take this as an opportunity to test out a lot of the youngsters in the Shaheens/Pak A, rather than playing full strength.

P.S. Hear very good things about Ibrahim Zadran. One to watch!
    Yep, certainly would like to trial the likes of Shahibzada Farhan, Arshad Iqbal, M. Hasnain and heck even bring Fawad in and have Sarfraz captain or Faadi captains with Rohail Nazir being Wk.

I think with the way Afg insulted us with their insensitive Tweet when the Kabul attack happened they don't deserve to play cricket with us ever. That's an act you should never forgive.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, certainly would like to trial the likes of Shahibzada Farhan, Arshad Iqbal, M. Hasnain and heck even bring Fawad in and have Sarfraz captain or Faadi captains with Rohail Nazir being Wk.

I think with the way Afg insulted us with their insensitive Tweet when the Kabul attack happened they don't deserve to play cricket with us ever. That's an act you should never forgive
    I understand what you mean. But as a few said in the other thread, we need to transcend trivial disputes and help solidify connections that had been severed in the last 2 decades. Also, as a neighbour, it's our responsibility to help AFG establish/develop its cricketing structures. The ACB's administration is a relatively new one and isn't reflective of the majority opinion (in my experience), and so it's wise if we take some of their slightly problematic comments in our collective strides towards development.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    I understand what you mean. But as a few said in the other thread, we need to transcend trivial disputes and help solidify connections that had been severed in the last 2 decades. Also, as a neighbour, it's our responsibility to help AFG establish/develop its cricketing structures. The ACB's administration is a relatively new one and isn't reflective of the majority opinion (in my experience), and so it's wise if we take some of their slightly problematic comments in our collective strides towards development.
    That's fair but this is a major insult and it's something that is uncalled for. You don't make stupid comments and say we house terrorists without even knowing the facts about Pakistan. It was a trash comment and if anything we have helped Afghanistan the most with the domestic structure provision, providing them with a visa in Peshawar (guarantee they will have a Peshawar background) and providing Inzi as a batting coach.

Where did we deserve such disrespect after the loyalty we provided?

The comment in my eyes was one of a smug nature and something not thought of clearly before posting and for that i would never give their board.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why talking about getting worked up.

Afghanistan nearly beat Pak, India and SL at the WC19. They have top class spinners like Mujeeb, Nabi and Rashid on their side and go look up the player rankings for these 3 players. Why can't i be complementary of a side?

It's true evidence wise that we probably don't play top sides as compared to others. However, if we do then teams will send their B sides to us cause they'll give more weighting to playing someone like India with their A side.

Do you sit with the PCB and arrange it yourself? You say that with such confidence.
    I am getting fed up with people like you who think playing Afghanistan is some sort of coup for Pak. So a few decent players makes Afghanistan a good side in your opinions shows you know nothing about Cricket. The players you mentioned may have performed okay in a few matches does not mean Pak should not be aiming to play against much better sides.

We need to up our game and standards. If we play poorly then the likes of Australia are well withing their rights to only play two Tests with us. We need to be worthy of playing a good series by doing well against top sides. Losing to a third team English side as was the case some days back only relegates us further.

It's not my but the PCB's job to strengthen Pak Cricket. Our standards have dropped so much that fans like you now believe playing Afghanistan is worth celebrating.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan are an ever-improving side and they should be hosted a lot more by other teams. SL, Pakistan, WI interestingly haven't really invited Afghanistan for a home series.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) has approached Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) to host three ODIs against Pakistan in September in Hambantota.

According to the sources, ACB has requested SLC to allow them to host Pakistan in their country for three ODIs which will be part of the International Cricket Council (ICC)’s World Cup Super League.

Initially, the three matches were scheduled in Sharjah but due to preparations for hosting the remaining Indian Premier League (IPL), the matches will be forced to shift somewhere else.

ARY

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    This could be a very competitive series if the Afghan batsmen can put a decent total on the board.

Anything in the 250-270 range and Rashid Khan can scythe through our embarrassing middle-order.

As always, it will all depend on Babar and Rizwan. Fakhar is a somewhat of a liability on UAE pitches.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we going to the UAE to play them and not Pakistan unless its Afghani’s home series?

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Why are we going to the UAE to play them and not Pakistan unless its Afghani’s home series?
    Home series for Afghanistan so their venue.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Why cant Afghanistan play in Pakistan?
    Exactly... so many non documented Afghans already living in Pakistan and the team has “security concerns” despite a bunch of them being born and raised in Peshawar. The only thing I can think of is the Indian influence on Afghanistan cause the security situation in Pakistan is currently the best it’s been in a long time.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should play its 2nd string side and see what they have in pocket

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This series does not make any sense, there was no need for it, that too somewhere in Sri Lanka . Pakistan A should play some games against Afghanistan , not the national team.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Pakistan should play its 2nd string side and see what they have in pocket
    I don't think Pakistan even know thier first xi never mind the second xi but if I was to take a guess then

Abdullah Shafique
    Zeeshan malik
    Haider Ali
    Suad Shakeel
    Rohail Nazir
    Qasim akram
    Wasim Jnr
    Shadab
    Akif Javed
    Gohar
    Arshad Iqbal

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with previous posts.Pakistan A should play this series.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    I agree with previous posts. Pakistan A should play this series.
    I agree that first Pakistan should request them to host the series in Pakistan but it may not make sense to take that undue risk and all the security arrangements. I however think Pakistan should send their A team to test the bench strength

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the Pakistani fans are so delusional.

I bet the series will be closer than Pakistan vs England C - that was assembled a few days before the first match.

It's not that Pakistan has been defeating one Australia, India, England New Zealand left right and center that the fans are so arrogant. Pakistan ODI team is pretty mediocre.

I don't think Afghanistan will mind Pakistan sending the A team. There is important ODI league point on the table that can give direct access to WC2023.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mate this series is a part of ODI Super league, you have to play, don't have a choice.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    Mate this series is a part of ODI Super league, you have to play, don't have a choice.
    Play them with second XI.It will be a good experience for our young players.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Two equally matched sides when it comes to their pedigree as teams. Looking forward to see how Rashid does against us.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    Perhaps so but we play rookie sides much more then others do.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be a competitive series. Afghans are pretty good in LOI formats.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post

I bet the series will be closer than Pakistan vs England C - that was assembled a few days before the first match.

It's not that Pakistan has been defeating one Australia, India, England New Zealand left right and center that the fans are so arrogant. Pakistan ODI team is pretty mediocre.

I don't think Afghanistan will mind Pakistan sending the A team. There is important ODI league point on the table that can give direct access to WC2023.
    Some people here can not digest the fact that Afghanistan has produced some decent players.

They think they are doing Afghanistan a favour by playing 3 super league matches against us, they could even send their F team if they have any, it doesn’t change the fact that points are at stake.

Back to the point, this is the most balanced and talented squad ACB has announced till date, gone are all tennis ball batsmen.

There is a chance that they might get beaten very well by Pakistan but these batsmen are the future and ACB should stick with them.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can’t see Hazratullah Zazai’s name on the list. Kind of surprised to not see him there. Especially considering how well he has done in PSL. An impact player like him should have been there.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Can’t see Hazratullah Zazai’s name on the list. Kind of surprised to not see him there. Especially considering how well he has done in PSL. An impact player like him should have been there.
    Hazrat hasn’t been convincing in the OD format, both selected opener has superb technique and very good temperament. As back up Ikram Alikhil has been picked, he was only bright spot in Afghanistan terrible WC

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Younistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are we not Playing in Pakistan? Is Afghanistan supposed to be home?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Pakistan playing an ODI series right before t20 World Cup? Will that not disturb the hurmony?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan has a trash cricket team but I think they play really well at home so even a second string XI would be able to coast against Afghanistan

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rashid Khan will expose Pak batters' inability to play spin.

I am so glad the series is moving to Sri Lanka. (Pak should avoid UAE).

Hopefully, the series won't get politicized.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am getting fed up with people like you who think playing Afghanistan is some sort of coup for Pak. So a few decent players makes Afghanistan a good side in your opinions shows you know nothing about Cricket. The players you mentioned may have performed okay in a few matches does not mean Pak should not be aiming to play against much better sides.

We need to up our game and standards. If we play poorly then the likes of Australia are well withing their rights to only play two Tests with us. We need to be worthy of playing a good series by doing well against top sides. Losing to a third team English side as was the case some days back only relegates us further.

It's not my but the PCB's job to strengthen Pak Cricket. Our standards have dropped so much that fans like you now believe playing Afghanistan is worth celebrating.
    I'm getting sick of Doo Daa fans like you who don't listen nor look at stats and nor look at things as a neutral at times.

Afghanistan can in my opinion give people a tough time if they post something in excess of 250 and like i said that gave Pakistan trouble in the WC as did it with India.

Yes i agree we need to play the likes of Aus, Eng and NZ more however like i said i don't understand the booking that's done annually. Stop assuming that it's your way cause you are neither a PCB staff member and nor an ICC member, you are a basic fan at best.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting sick of Doo Daa fans like you who don't listen nor look at stats and nor look at things as a neutral at times.

Afghanistan can in my opinion give people a tough time if they post something in excess of 250 and like i said that gave Pakistan trouble in the WC as did it with India.

Yes i agree we need to play the likes of Aus, Eng and NZ more however like i said i don't understand the booking that's done annually. Stop assuming that it's your way cause you are neither a PCB staff member and nor an ICC member, you are a basic fan at best.
    Stats are like miniskirts and all as someone said. I don't care if Afghanistan score 1000 they are still rookies seen as a second rate side. How often do other top sides ever play them if they are awesome. They could post that against our rubbish side but an Australia or India would tank them hard most of the time.

Fans make a team and this site is to express our views which I am free to do. You may see playing Afghanistan as a big catch but i find it embarrassing seeing us always caught up playing second rate teams. It is the PCB that is the problem here, if you agree with me then stop arguing about it.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stats are like miniskirts and all as someone said. I don't care if Afghanistan score 1000 they are still rookies seen as a second rate side. How often do other top sides ever play them if they are awesome. They could post that against our rubbish side but an Australia or India would tank them hard most of the time.

Fans make a team and this site is to express our views which I am free to do. You may see playing Afghanistan as a big catch but i find it embarrassing seeing us always caught up playing second rate teams. It is the PCB that is the problem here, if you agree with me then stop arguing about it.
    I simply said Afghanistan is still not a Mickey Mouse side with some of the players they possess.

It's a good chance for some youngsters to get a go against them so there's that to look forward to.

I mean for flips sake, South Africa just had a whole ODI and t20 series against Ireland (a much poorer side).

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply said Afghanistan is still not a Mickey Mouse side with some of the players they possess.

It's a good chance for some youngsters to get a go against them so there's that to look forward to.

I mean for flips sake, South Africa just had a whole ODI and t20 series against Ireland (a much poorer side).
    Of course they are a mickey mouse side which is why hardly anyone plays them Oher We play second rate sides much more then other top teams do. Lets not worry about youngsters when our first teams is rubbish.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    KABUL (Pajhwok): Afghanistan Cricket Board Chairman Farhan Yusefzai in a meeting with national squad urged them to play with a patriotic spirit and strive to give their best performance in the important series.

He was talking to national players ahead of their tour of Sri Lanka where they face Pakistan in a three-match ODI series. ACB spokesman Farid Hotak told Pajhwok Afghanistan.

Yusefzai added that not only ACB but the whole Afghan nation looks forward to witnessing great performance from the national team against Pakistan.

He further stated,” Team unity and hard work will lead you to victory.” Yusefzai also recalled his meeting with H.E President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani and delivered his best wishes for the national team.

He added, “President appreciated your achievements and expressed his best wishes for further success of the national team.” The ACB Chairman also added that the players will be rewarded handsomely if they perform well against Pakistan.

He called on players to play with a strong and positive mindset to return good results. Concluding his remarks, Yusefzai applauded ACB CEO, Dr. Hamid Shinwari’s management of executive affairs citing positive reforms.

ACB CEO also addressed the meeting and called the upcoming contest a vital one for Afghanistan. In his address, Dr. Shinwari added that the recent training camps held for the national squad will prove helpful as it strengthened the skills of the players and mentally prepared them for the upcoming competition.

Concluding the meeting, Captain Hashmatullah Shahidi delivered his remarks on behalf of the national team.

He said, ” With prayers from our fans and support from ACB, we feel confident and strive to win the upcoming contests.

I have great respect for all my senior and junior teammates and, our preparation together will give us the positive morale that we need in the series ahead.” Afghanistan National squad will soon travel to Sri Lanka for the ICC ODI Super League matches against Pakistan.

https://pajhwok.com/2021/08/07/play-...an-to-players/

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pak international schedule page here needs to be updated. I don't know when and who Pak is playing.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Afghanistan and Zimbabwe will show respect to Pakistan and send their main team. Unlike teams like New Zealand/Australia who are playing B or C teams.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Afghanistan is going to win

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Waqar will bring more humiliation by loosing to this Afghanistan team.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Afghanistan and Zimbabwe will show respect to Pakistan and send their main team. Unlike teams like New Zealand/Australia who are playing B or C teams.
    I would much rather play second string top sides then the first teams of second rate sides.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has asked Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) to finalise one venue in Sri Lanka for the upcoming three-match ODI series in September.

The National side is likely to play Afghanistan in an ODI series in Sri Lanka, which is a part of the World Cup 2023 qualification round.

The PCB has suggested playing all three 50-over games should be organised at the same venue, while their Afghan counterparts want the series to be played in two different venues.

A PCB official, according to The News, said that the board has made it clear to the ACB that the national team members only have a 10-day window in between their arrival from the West Indies and the proposed three-match Afghanistan series before they get ready to face New Zealand in their backyard from September 11.

“We have opposed the idea, saying that just one venue would be a far better option,” the unnamed official said on Wednesday.

The PCB official stated that amid the pandemic, it is tough for players to keep travelling.

He hoped that the Afghanistan’s cricket governing body would come up with a final schedule for the ODI series within the next few days.

https://www.bolnews.com/sports/2021/...eries-reports/

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unsure if the series will happen. With the likely fall of Kabul. and don’t know how the Taliban feel about cricket?
    Even if Afghanistan continue playing cricket I don’t think the current ACB will continue in its present form.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket4all View Post
    Unsure if the series will happen. With the likely fall of Kabul. and don’t know how the Taliban feel about cricket?
    Even if Afghanistan continue playing cricket I don’t think the current ACB will continue in its present form.
    Taliban love cricket

But yes the political uncertainty will make it tough.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    As officials scramble to find out whether Afghanistan's cricketers are safe, Sri Lanka's national board said Monday it is going ahead with arrangements to host a T20 series between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

No official was able to guarantee however that the three Twenty20 matches would start on September 1 after the Taliban swept to power.

The team are also scheduled to play in the T20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates in October which could also now be in doubt.

The Taliban government that ruled Afghanistan from 1996 until 2001 frowned upon organised sport.

Star spin bowler and T20 captain Rashid Khan and all rounder Mohammad Nabi are currently playing The Hundred tournament in England. Both made pleas for peace in their country before the Taliban takeover.

But most other national players are in Afghanistan.

"Efforts are being made to check their whereabouts," said an international cricket official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Sri Lanka's cricket board said it was still hoping to host Afghanistan and Pakistan for the three matches in an empty stadium at Hambantota.

The series was originally to be held in Dubai but was shifted to Sri Lanka because it clashed with the Indian Premier League which also starts in September in the UAE.

"We have told them that we are ready to host the tournament," Sri Lanka Cricket secretary Mohan de Silva told AFP. "All the preparations are underway."

"But, given the current situation in Kabul, we don't know if they will be able to go ahead. We are awaiting a response from them."

De Silva said that because of coronavirus precautions, the two teams should be in Sri Lanka by next week to begin the matches in September.

The Afghanistan Cricket Board website said its national squad met top officials on August 7 and were told that they would be "rewarded handsomely" for a good performance against Pakistan.

In its latest post dated August 9, the board said it had appointed former Australian fast bowler Shaun Tait as the national team bowling coach.

AFP

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing Afghanistan benefits Pak in no way at all. Hopefully, this meaningless series will be cancelled.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Playing Afghanistan benefits Pak in no way at all. Hopefully, this meaningless series will be cancelled.
    Considering that Afghanistan went so close to beating Pakistan during both Asia Cup 2018 and WC 2019, I am not sure how it is meaningless?

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Considering that Afghanistan went so close to beating Pakistan during both Asia Cup 2018 and WC 2019, I am not sure how it is meaningless?
    It's meaningless because even after getting "almost beaten" in two matches, playing against Afg does not do jack #hit to improve our team's skills.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    It's meaningless because even after getting "almost beaten" in two matches, playing against Afg does not do jack #hit to improve our team's skills.
    I respectfully disagree.

Afghanistan being a lower tier team with little history would mean the Pakistan would do their best to avoid a defeat against them, and hence be under pressure. You can't always expect that playing teams above your level is the only way to improve.

And Afghanistan have a very potent spin attack, and some sloggers making it an interesting challenge for Pakistan. Imo currently Afghanistan are BETTER than Srilanka in LOIs and very close to WI too.

Having said that, post Taliban things will be different. I can sense that many Afghan cricketers will settle overseas.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    CHENNAI: Afghanistan cricket team's departure for Sri Lanka for a bilateral series against Pakistan has been delayed due to the recent turmoil in the country. The Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB), however, claimed that the cricketers are safe and most of them are undergoing training for the upcoming tour.

​Star players including T20 captain Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, Mujeeb ur Rehman and Qais Ahmed are said to be in the United Kingdom playing for their respective franchises in The Hundred.

"Earlier, we could not leave as we were awaiting approval from the Sri Lankan government including its defence ministry. We now have procured all necessary permission from the Sri Lankan government but the Kabul airport is not functional at the moment," an ACB source closely monitoring the situation told this daily from Kabul.

A video of hundreds of people jostling to climb into an airplane parked at the airport went viral on Monday. As per Reuters, the Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority has also asked all transit aircraft to reroute, adding any transit through Kabul airspace would be uncontrolled.

"I am at the ACB office only. We all including the players are safe. Once we get the flight, we will fly out of the country for the bilateral series. But that looks unlikely at least for a few days," added the source.

The series was earlier scheduled in the UAE. However, it has to be shifted to Sri Lanka due to the unavailability of venues as the remaining IPL is scheduled to be played there. The bilateral series, which incidentally will be the first between Afghanistan and Pakistan, comprises three ODIs. The matches will be played in Hambantota on September 3, 5 and 8.

Afghanistan president Ashraf Ghani fled the country on Saturday with the Taliban taking over the presidential palace on Sunday night. Even Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi had made an appeal on a social networking site to the world leaders to help their country.

The source, however, affirmed that there is nothing to worry about. A former ACB official also said the transition has been peaceful so other activities including cricket is likely to continue as usual.

"We were scheduled to host Australia and West Indies in India before the T20 World Cup. Now that looks unlikely as Australia are unwilling to tour. But we will organise the domestic T20 league here in Afghanistan to ensure the players get much needed practice before the World Cup," said the source.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/spo...n-2345593.html

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    De Silva said that because of coronavirus precautions, the two teams should be in Sri Lanka by next week to begin the matches in September.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope things settle down in Afghanistan , without any blood shed, cricket can wait.

Unless these are better version of Talibans, compared to two decades ago, there won;t be any official cricket in Afghanistan , as any enjoyable activity, even sports are Haram in those idiots version of twisted Islam.

Feel bad for very talented Afghan cricketers.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Hope things settle down in Afghanistan , without any blood shed, cricket can wait.

Unless these are better version of Talibans, compared to two decades ago, there won;t be any official cricket in Afghanistan , as any enjoyable activity, even sports are Haram in those idiots version of twisted Islam.

Feel bad for very talented Afghan cricketers.
    I don't think that will happen. The Taliban have changed and while they still can't be trusted they are smart enough to know that they need international legitimacy to exist.

In this regard, cricket can play a big role in enhancing soft-power. Although, we very well might see Afghanistan donning a new kit.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 17th August 2021 at 21:30.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Former Sri Lanka batsman and coach, Avishka Gunawardene has been appointed as Afghanistan National Team's batting coach

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    ACB spokesperson Hikmat Hasan said as per media report:

“For the moment we are focusing on the Pakistan series. We are confident it will happen. If it does not, due to reasons not relevant to us, we could advance the dates of Shpageeza Cricket League ( domestic T20 league)"

“The squad (for the Pakistan series) is already out. The coaches trained the players in Kabul for one month. We are well prepared for the matches in Sri Lanka and the Twenty20 World Cup in UAE. Our head coach Lance Klusener was in Kabul till the Eid. We have recruited Shaun Tait as bowling coach and he will be joining the squad in Sri Lanka"

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The question I want to ask Is, how are the foreign coaches dealing with traveling to Kabul? A lot of risk right?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    So what if they went close. Just because Wimbledon defeat Liverpool does not mean we play them more then other teams. Meaningless in the sense that we need to test ourselves against proper opposition instead of a rookie side like Afghanistan who no one else shows any interest in playing.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    In a statement, ACB CEO Hamid Shinwari said that the ODI series against Pakistan would not be affected by the change of government in the country.

“Taliban love cricket and they are supporting their team. Our ODI series against Pakistan will go as per schedule in Sri Lanka. After two days’ gap due to the current situation in the country, the training camp of the national team will resume tomorrow,”

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taliban reportedly takes over #Afghanistan Cricket Board's office.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  3b3e79c5-97db-4fdb-8d39-a0be66d3439b.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  46.4 KB

The purpose of issuing the visas is to ensure that the Afghanistan team can reach Sri Lanka via Pakistan and United Arab Emirates (UAE). The decision was taken after no commercial flights were available from Kabul, following the Taliban takeover of the country.

The Afghan team’s travel plan will include a road trip to Pakistan, which is likely to take place today, followed by a flight to Dubai and Colombo, respectively.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) also offered to host the series in Pakistan but that was declined by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB).

The series is set to take place in Hambantota from September 3.
    Last edited by MenInG; 23rd August 2021 at 12:37.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    In a media report:

ACB CEO, Dr. Hamid Shinwari :

"The first option to play all the 3 matches in Sri Lanka remains our top priority but the series being shifted to Pakistan is also not ruled out"

"The current 10-day lockdown situation in Sri Lanka and travelling for our team to reach Sri Lanka is still a concern (Kabul airport is shut down)".

"Both the teams and the coaching staff will enter and remain in bio-bubble during our stay and the matches will be played behind closed doors. The Sri Lankan government is kind enough to give green signal for the series and the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) board assisting us to host the mathes there"

Regarding option of travelling to Pak via road:

"That's a long way road and we can't take risks"

"We are likely to finalize the tour within the next 48 hours"

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So afghans are ready to come in numbers to pakistan as refugees but reluctant to play cricket against pakistan in pakistan?