India end Day 4 at Lord's with a lead of 154 runs after a long partnership by Pujara & Rahane

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

India end Day 4 at Lord's with a lead of 154 runs after a long partnership by Pujara & Rahane

The match situation:

IND 364
    ENG 391 (128) CRR: 3.05
    Day 3: Stumps - England lead by 27 runs

The England 2nd innings so far:

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

5. Report abuse. If you see any post which is inappropriate, report it. Do not respond to it.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Today will be fascinating. I think Root should have declared and had four overs at the Indian openers.

Now with two days left, India must decide how to play. Do they bat aggressively to set a target, and risk getting out for 180? If Root fails, can England get that many on a last day pitch against Jadeja?

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fascinating day ahead of us,

Happy Belated Azadi Diwas to our fantastic PP hosts

Svatantra Din ke Hardik Shubh Kamnayein to all indians

Considering our TO is not firing, and the pitch playing a few tricks, Hope for minimal damage and wicket loss at lunch.....Hope our guys handle the situation intelligently....

Go Indiaaaaa!

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And typically, when its our guys time to bat, it has to be cold and overcast...
    does not fill me with the greatest of confidence....
    during this series VK's luck with the toss as well as our general lukka chuuppi with the sun HAS to change
    Considering the above, i'd still say a commendable job by our guys

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    England pacer James Anderson was in for a tough time with the bat as he faced Indian speedster Jasprit Bumrah towards the end of England's first innings in the ongoing second Test at the Lord's Cricket Ground on Saturday. Bumrah launched a barrage of short balls and bouncers at Anderson to trouble him on Day 3 of the Test match.

Anderson came out to bat at no.11 for the host after the dismissal of Mark Wood in the 125th over. Bumrah came on to bowl the 126th over of the England innings and bowled some fiery deliveries against Anderson. The Indian pacer didn't hold back and bowled a nasty bouncer to start the over which hit Anderson on his helmet and forced him to have a concussion check.

There was no respite for Anderson as Bumrah continued to direct his deliveries towards his body and kept the England tail-ender on his toes. Bumrah ended up bowling four no-balls in the over and had to bowl a total of ten deliveries to complete the over. Nonetheless, he was a nightmare to face for Anderson.

Former South Africa pacer Dale Steyn, who was watching the battle between Anderson and Bumrah, came up with a cheeky tweet after the Indian pacer's tactics against the England tail-ender. Steyn said Anderson will be begging to get the ball when Bumrah comes on to bat in India's second innings of the Lord's Test.

"Jimmy gana be begging for the ball when Jasprit comes in to bat…," Styen tweeted reacting to the duo's face-off.

In reply to India's first-innings total of 364 runs, England rode on skipper Joe Root's magnificent 180 to post 391 runs on the board in their first innings and take a slender lead of 27 runs at stumps on Day 3. India will now be looking to overhaul the small lead and put on a big total on the board to stage a fightback in the Test match.

The Lord's Test currently hangs in a balance with a fair chance for both sides to register a win and take the lead in the five-match series.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...d-pacer/799348

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TamiL_GarvaM! View Post
    And typically, when its our guys time to bat, it has to be cold and overcast...
    does not fill me with the greatest of confidence....
    during this series VK's luck with the toss as well as our general lukka chuuppi with the sun HAS to change
    Considering the above, i'd still say a commendable job by our guys
    I read this excuse everytime we tour England. It is getting boring now.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Maybe. But on the three tests we've played so far, the co-incidences are uncanny....
    and no one in the indian press has ever used that excuse on this tour so far...

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the truth though so far in this series and not an excuse ... I have never heard Indian team or management complain about the conditions in England unlike how the English players ( and commentators) do in India..

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My prediction for the day ... Today will be the day our openers will fail .. and if our middle order do not rise to the occasion ..England will be winning this match ..

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Given the conditions, we might have to revisit 36 all out again.

In that case, England will finish this game before lunch with Sibley hitting a SIX towards long on like Dhoni did 10 years ago.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TamiL_GarvaM! View Post
    Maybe. But on the three tests we've played so far, the co-incidences are uncanny....
    and no one in the indian press has ever used that excuse on this tour so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by bantu View Post
    It is the truth though so far in this series and not an excuse ... I have never heard Indian team or management complain about the conditions in England unlike how the English players ( and commentators) do in India..
    I never said Indian team management or press did. I am talking specifically about members bringing this excuse and how lucky England is.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eng certainly got lucky with the weather yesterday. I live in London and it was blazing hot yesterday unlike 1st day which was cold and overcast when Indian batted.

However, today is another hot and sunny day expected. So no excuse for Indian batsman today.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Given how good KL has been as opener in this series, I think Shaw can learn how to defend and bat in English conditions from KL. Obviously, he wouldn't want to average 17 in SENA all his career so it will help him.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said Indian team management or press did. I am talking specifically about members bringing this excuse and how lucky England is.
    Individual members/fans can say anything they feel.. the fact is that the weather has been kind to England so far (or England had been lucky) .. Our batting as a collective unit has been found wanting in English conditions over the years.. To win here they should improve but alas our middle order is in a rut and our tail is too long this series..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Given how good KL has been as opener in this series, I think Shaw can learn how to defend and bat in English conditions from KL. Obviously, he wouldn't want to average 17 in SENA all his career so it will help him.
    Shaw should learn from Root. KL himself is slowly learning to defend and bat in English conditions.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Individual members/fans can say anything they feel.. the fact is that the weather has been kind to England so far (or England had been lucky) .. Our batting as a collective unit has been found wanting in English conditions over the years.. To win here they should improve but alas our middle order is in a rut and our tail is too long this series..
    What's wrong with the weather today? Sun is out.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Just like first inning Rohit is looking quite good.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shaw should learn from Root. KL himself is slowly learning to defend and bat in English conditions.
    If Root could teach anyone, he would have first taught a couple of his own batters how to play against the moving ball. I think we should leave him to do that first.

Shaw should learn how to bat in England from KL and in Australia from Gill/Pant.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should score 330

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see a result here.

Batting looks too easy.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    If Root could teach anyone, he would have first taught a couple of his own batters how to play against the moving ball. I think we should leave him to do that first.

Shaw should learn how to bat in England from KL and in Australia from Gill/Pant.
    Shaw is still a baby in cricket. Has played only 5 tests. Shaw shouldn't learn to throw his wicket away or rely on opposition fielders dropping his catches.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pack Rohit with one full over of Anderson and the wicket will come. Anderson has been unlucky for four overs as he finds himself up for 24 continuous bowls against a man who is on mission in this series just like Pant was in Australia

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Man on a mission gone.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Man on a mission gone.
    Actually you need to be really good to nick a 94 mph delivery.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think india will be all out around 175 .

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pujara will be under huge pressure.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anderson deserves a wicket this morning, has been a bit unlucky going past the edge and with a close lbw shout. He's still easily the best fast bowler in the world in English conditions.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed last nights play
    Just now on sky they showed anderson being peppered by Jazz boom - fair game
    and then they showed him having a go at Jazz boom who patted his shoulder, smiled and went onhis way
    jim grump was what he is , a fantastic bowler, legend of the game,....but sorry a grumpy sour puss when things do not go his way
    pathetic
    Look at brett lee the way he bowled aggressive but always was smiling, look at Rahul Dravid - never sledged but u could see the intensity in his eyes, Kapil bounced them but didnt sledge...
    Jim might be legend, but his behaviour is a big letdown, i remember he crying sour in 2016 on the india tour, i remember him jumping up and down over Ashwin doing a bowlers back up runout of butler in the ipl (never call it mankaded)...
    world champ for sure....but pathetic in a few other aspects....
    Just like Virat...a champ and a fantastic guy...
    could do witha bit of improvement in his behaviour with the pathetic posturing when his bowlers get a wicket...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I fully expect an Indian collapse today and Anderson to be our chief tormentor.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    6666 by Rohit

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Scores are level

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now basically we are 0-1 .

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a shot from Rohit. Front foot pull for 6 against the fastest bowler in Test cricket.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    What a shot from Rohit. Front foot pull for 6 against the fastest bowler in Test cricket.
    Nevermind.....

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rohit gone too

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every run from here will hurt England as they need to chase on 5th day. This is when things can get tough.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    India 0/2

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharma pulling a short delivery from Wood off the front foot, he possesses such jaw-dropping ability.

Good comeback by Wood with a sharp bouncer.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Every run from here will hurt England as they need to chase on 5th day. This is when things can get tough.
    At the moment it will be tough for Pujara, Kohli and Rahane. They are under pressure.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brainless Cricket by Rohit. 3 man waiting of that catch still he play that shots . really pathetic

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    forget it , batten down the hatches and play for a draw...
    its now for che pu,. gotta get us out of the fire...else he's history...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This was so predictable. Rohit seems to rate his hook shot so much that he doesn't recognise that it is one of his genuine downfalls in test cricket. Expect Rohit to explain in the post match interview that a few inches either side and it would have been a six.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Sharma pulling a short delivery from Wood off the front foot, he possesses such jaw-dropping ability.

That same ability forces him to make dozy lapses in judgement as well. One can't criticize Sharma for that dismissal any more than one can praise him for the six a few balls earlier.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Just knew Rohit would fall when he hit that 6.

Stupid pull again.

Giving England easy advantage.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit gone....credit to Wood for persisting with short ball ploy even after being hit for a 6.

Poor shot by Rohit....yet again throwing away his wicket

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    55-5 is coming

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devadwal View Post
    Brainless Cricket by Rohit. 3 man waiting of that catch still he play that shots . really pathetic
    This.

Batting doesn't look particularly difficult out there. That's a gift, right down Moeen's throat.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Great captaincy, sharp bowling and fine catch.

Wood should always get the new ball.

Interesting, Jimmy is a bit quicker these days, at 86 mph, though his spells are shorter as befits an elder statesman.

India effectively 0-2.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment it will be tough for Pujara, Kohli and Rahane. They are under pressure.
    Yeah...I made that post before Rohit got out. Now we are in trouble. Hoping for a Pant special

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My prediction for the day ... Today will be the day our openers will fail .. and if our middle order do not rise to the occasion ..England will be winning this match ..
    Typical ... First part of my prediction is done ...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pujara nearly got out

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara won't last long

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli century is coming

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Great captaincy, sharp bowling and fine catch.

Wood should always get the new ball.

Interesting, Jimmy is a bit quicker these days, at 86 mph, though his spells are shorter as befits an elder statesman.

India effectively 0-2.
    Anderson deserves a wicket this morning. He's been bowling consistently around 86-87 mph, now into his seventh over of the morning.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half of Indias batting is gone now

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    last test for che pu....
    am so disheartened....
    this will be over by tea..

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara looks so shaky....big test for him today

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pujara keep playing with a angled bat and giving practice to slip fielders.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bumra coming in at 8.. Inds goose may well be cooked !!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    444 by Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli looks good early - could be entertaining. Before the 4 he looked solid smothering a ball defensively. Right out the middle.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Anderson deserves a wicket this morning. He's been bowling consistently around 86-87 mph, now into his seventh over of the morning.
    I wonder if he is revving up because of wicket conditions? McGrath would do that.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curran on to help a confident looking Kohli settle in...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That same ability forces him to make dozy lapses in judgement as well. One can't criticize Sharma for that dismissal any more than one can praise him for the six a few balls earlier.
    I actually saw that coming the moment he pulled for six.

This has been happening right from the series in Australia when he fell for the trap in a very similar match situation too.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pujara 0*(30)

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pujara is pretty much batting for his place in the team now.

An Indian loss and expect at least one of Pujara or Rahane to get dropped, mostly Pujara.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat is looking determined here.

Virat special coming up it seems.Need to get him as quickly as possible.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we are not doing too well...
    lot more traffic here
    any ways, i forsee a massive shakup in indian cricket assuming we loose,
    donot have too many high hopes on this
    pujara is shot
    jinks is a shadow
    we need young batsmen coming in....

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Pujara is pretty much batting for his place in the team now.

An Indian loss and expect at least one of Pujara or Rahane to get dropped, mostly Pujara.
    Forget about India's loss. Pujara should be dropped if he doesn't score at least a 50 in the second innings. He has had enough changes.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    51 minutes, 35 balls, 1 run

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pujara must bay long and hit a century today.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sam Curran the bowler looks so innocuous...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dream top 4

Elgar
    Sibly
    Azhar
    Pujara

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark wood has really shook up things,
    good spell , rapid and effective
    Jimmy always gets heaps against us @ lords,
    bowling like the class that he is
    does not like it when others sock it to him

meanwhile...surprise surprise...puj gets off the mark....
    c'mon m8 fight hard..

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam curran is a waste of space.

He is good for nothing.Should be dropped as soon as possible.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Dream top 4

Elgar
    Sibly
    Azhar
    Pujara
    on current form
    Elgar would see off the new ball and score heaps...
    tbh amongst the openers going around, he is right up there...

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Dream top 4

Elgar
    Sibly
    Azhar