England reach 77/0 at stumps on Day 4 in pursuit of a target of 368 runs against India - Page 7

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England need to bat sensibly for 2 sessions if possible, and if they have 6-7 wickets in hand going in to the final session then we can't rule out a outside chance of a win. Rory and Hameed were excellent in that last session.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Day 4 highlights

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good session for England but India still slight favourites in my opinion.

Chasing 350 is very difficult and happens very rarely in Test cricket.

However the pitch is a belter and seems like a graveyard for the fast bowlers at the moment.

First session tomorrow will crucial for both teams but overall I will say India 60% chance of winning, 30% Draw and England winning 10%.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Burns has such an awkward stance, keeps dancing till the bowler bowls.
    English commentators were saying he has weak vision in his right eye, so he tries to see the ball first with his left eye hence adjusts his head position before he sees it with both eyes...I mean i didn't understand fully but they were saying Something like that.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    no doesnt look anything like a day 5 pitch.More of a day 1 subcontinent pitch
    The pitch will misbehave for sure tomorrow. Perhaps sometimes after lunch. One wicket will bring 3.

India just needs to hold on to their catches and use DRS wisely.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Root,Bairstow,Woakes all can bat quick.Reverse the %
    If England get to 200-2 I might start to believe.

I think two of the top four will have to get centuries.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hubris and Oval (4th Test India vs England)

At the end of day 4, I was wondering which team will sleep easy? Your guess is as good as mine.

I am just loving the battle between two evenly matched test teams.

Both, seem to possess top notch pacers, Volatile and below par batters Captains who can lose it occasionally and both teams guilty of some questionable selections.

Oh ! Pardon me to overlook Jarvo69 factor but fans from both teams will agree that they have seen crazier and funnier things on fields from both teams to make any out of space event redundant.

Alright, Day 5 and a Team has to chase 291 in 90 overs with Required rate of 3 point something. Generally one would take England win out of equation and think of other two results. The problem is apple didn't fell on Kohli head and he outrageously still left out Ashwin and his nice pair of headphone.

I can make a safe prediction that Camera will Pan more often on him tomorrow if things goes south for India. He will surely make a lovely spectator with that lovely earphone.

It will a be a question of who will crack first, doesn't look like pitch will if anything its a deathbed for pacers and English openers have already achieved miraculous feat of surviving 32 overs.

Except those foot marks there is nothing much on offer from this lifeless surface, bounce is still good and ball comes at such a nice pace that even Bumrah was timing it to perfection.

This pitch has all the imprint of a Christopher Nolan Mind benders. what was supposed to be the flattest surface it had enough grass and Moisture for least 4 sessions. England batters floored the huge initiative with some poor dismissals and then India fought back on day 3 as pitch become a batsmen paradise.

England struck back next day with 3 crucial blows and it appeared that lead will not stretch more than 250 odd. The see saw battle resumed as Pant and Thakur put India right back into this thrilling contest with a century stand.

Root can promote himself at no.3 followed by johnny and Pope to take that patch for lefties out of equation. I firmly believe it's more of a mental game now both teams might fancy their chances but in the end whoever will hold this belief for long might find himself in drivers seat.

England would hope someone to do a "Stoke". India will hope that Pitch will do something for them heck even the bounce is still so even. batting is an easier discipline on this pitch but chasing on the 5th day is most challenging as well.

As I said in the beginning "Your guess is as good as mine"

Fight_Club
    Last edited by fight_club; 6th September 2021 at 03:37.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First session will be crucial, if England lose more than 2 wickets then India will be huge favorites.

England have good memories of chasing but remember India bowled them all out in two sessions a few weeks ago also in London on a fifth day.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, it's only a matter of wicket falling and then Joe Root will be the only person standing between India and victory.

I say this game is 80/20 in India's favor.

If England can pull this off, then I wanna it see happening live.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India to win the game tomorrow. All it takes is 10 good balls and chances of chasing totals over 350 in test cricket is a rare feat. I do not think England has much possibility of winning tomorrow. Only Root has some mettle to put a fight in a situation like this. Except Root there were only 2 players (Stokes and Buttler) who could have had any mettle in putting a fight if they were playing.

If India doesn't win tomorrow and England escape with a draw then surely India would lose at Old Trafford as England will carry much needed momentum with them.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great test series and a wonderful test match, all three results are possible tomorrow. With holiday here in USA ( labor day ) looking forward to watch some great old fashioned test match cricket between two top teams in the world .

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, England has slight advantage now, with every runs scored, pressure will be on India. But again, with every wickets , it will be otherway round.

India has only one spinner and Jadeja did not bowl well today, was not threatening at all, just like Moin Ali.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My prediction: England to lose only two wickets and score 230 runs by tea....and they will go for the chase in the final session....if they lose more than 4 by tea including Root (which is unlikely to happen on this pitch), they will play for draw in the final session....as of now, it's advantage England !

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hats off to India

This is one of the best Test series I have seen in England since the Ashes 2005

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pitch looks so flat, only one threatening bowler.
    India will try and take early wickets and then bowl negatively to try and dry up runs.
    England should think about promoting Pope to 3. He averages 100 on this pitch and it seems easier to bat on for right handers as Jadeja bowling into the rough is India's main tactic.
    India need magic balls from the pacers.
    All 3 are capable of bowling special deliveries but think Siraj and Umesh are also capable of bleeding runs, especially the latter.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At start of match everyone wanted ashwin to replace thakur, and now that he performed well. Fingers pointing to jadeja.
    Decision has been made based on English conditions and not a 5th day pitch. India might have not even been in this position without their contribution. Yes Ashwin is missed everyone knows but it's better to look at what to do next. Jadeja can still come good tomorrow

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    India is going to resort to the Bharat Arun inspired middle leg stump line with the leg side, leg slip packed to dry up the runs. English batsmen are going to get frustrated and shuffle across their stumps risking getting lbw

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Hats off to India

This is one of the best Test series I have seen in England since the Ashes 2005
    I refuse to actually watch Indian test matches since they banned Pakistan players from IPL but just looking at the scores, I will offer my commendation on their batting efforts in particular. They have been masters in this class since I can remember.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have thoroughly enjoyed this series. Top class.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Captain himself is a freeloader. He is merely backing the other freeloaders while ignoring no.1 wicket taker in ICC championship who also happens to be world no.2

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the pitch looking placid England have a chance of winning this Test. For them it is about preserving their wickets then having a right go in the final session. They don't want to be going anymore then four down in to the final two hours. India need to be taking 3 or four wickets in every session which is definitely possible. As was the case in a previous Test all results are possible making this another wonderful Test with the match changing session by session. This is what Test Cricket is all about as opposed to the childish T20 stuff.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eng has failed to capitalize after having Ind 213 lead for 6. Root's captaincy is very questionable this series.

India is in a good position to win this game and what a come-back from behind thanks to Thakur's innings.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    English commentators were saying he has weak vision in his right eye, so he tries to see the ball first with his left eye hence adjusts his head position before he sees it with both eyes...I mean i didn't understand fully but they were saying Something like that.
    So England field the guy with one good eye in the slips... and he drops two...

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have woken up with the view that the draw is the highest probability result here. Perhaps 60% on the unofficial WinViz. With the India win on 37% and the England win at 3%.