Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruturaj Gaikwad - Indian right-hand opener

He's 24 years old. He's yet to play for India yet, but these are his domestic stats:

FC - 21 matches, 38.54 avg, 4 100s, 6 50s

List A - 59 matches, 47.87 avg, 7 100s, 16 50s

T20 - 44 matches, 32.25 avg, 0 100s, 10 50s

In the 12 IPL matches he's played, he averages 39.60, including a match-winning 75 (44) today for CSK in a 170-run chase, and took apart Rashid Khan (but didn't get the last laugh).

What are your opinions of him?

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like a decent prospect, more reliable than Shaw.

Him, Padikal and Gill are already a very useful top 3

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A highly impressive player. But it’s really difficult to see him getting many chances with the options India have. He has even improved from last season where he looked good in the last few games.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    He's 24 years old. He's yet to play for India yet, but these are his domestic stats:

FC - 21 matches, 38.54 avg, 4 100s, 6 50s

List A - 59 matches, 47.87 avg, 7 100s, 16 50s

T20 - 44 matches, 32.25 avg, 0 100s, 10 50s

In the 12 IPL matches he's played, he averages 39.60, including a match-winning 75 (44) today for CSK in a 170-run chase, and took apart Rashid Khan (but didn't get the last laugh).

What are your opinions of him?
    He scored 4 fours of Rashid. One time edge dropped by Bairstow and ball went for four. And got clean bowled trying to defend in a t20 game. Not impressed yet.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks a better ODI prospect.

A slow and scratchy starter but once set he find gaps like how Kohli did. He either gets out under a score of 10 or goes on to score a 50+ knock.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its unbelievable how much india has. He would walk into the starting xi of all other asian teams. He's better than any batsman Pakistan has produced in its history. Such a shame he cant get into the GOAT indian team. 5th best opener in Asia behind Rohit, Dhawan , Gill and Shaw.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Looks like a decent prospect, more reliable than Shaw.

Him, Padikal and Gill are already a very useful top 3
    I thought Shaw was the next big thing in India.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What will be Indian team batting after retirements of Rohit and Kohli is already clear to Indian fans now. We have lots of batting talent coming in.

This will be our batting in future:-

Shaw
    Paddikal
    Gill
    Pant(wkt)
    KL
    Pandya

The trio of Shaw, Gill and Paddikal will rule the top 3 and the fascinating trio of Pant, KL and Pandya will continue to make life tough for some.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks like a younger version of Rahane with his touch and feel for the ball and effortless stroke making. Also has a better range. Yet to be tested against real pace and bounce I suppose.

If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen him bat but a FC of 38 in Indian domestic cricket is quite bad.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian Lara hails Ruturaj Gaikwad, says CSK opener is in 'KL Rahul category'

Over the last year, few young Indian batsmen have impressed as much as Ruturaj Gaikwad in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Since coming into the Chennai Super Kings' (CSK) playing XI towards the latter end of last season, he has barely put a foot wrong and earned plaudits from the cricket community. West Indies batting legend Brian Lara is the latest to lavish praise on him.

Despite CSK losing their first game of the UAE leg to Rajasthan Royals (RR) on Saturday in Abu Dhabi, Gaikwad won the Man-of-The-Match award for a splendid century. The 24-year-old reached his maiden IPL century in 60 balls to help side register a big total of 189 on the board.

Lara was among those left massively impressed by the CSK openers' efforts. The former West Indies skipper hailed Gaikwad's innings as a complete show of batsmanship and praised his acceleration in the final overs.

Talking to Star Sports, he said, "Yeah, he could have been 135 if he had got more strike in the end overs. But it was a complete show of batsmanship. That's what I like about him, seeing how he put that innings together, how he surged in the second half of the innings. He was just tremendous to watch,"

Lara further praised his ability to get runs by playing proper cricketing shots. "He shows that you can play good cricket shots and still score big runs. And that's what I am proud of as a batsman. It was just remarkable and unbelievable," he said.

He added, "I will put him now in the KL Rahul category."

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...ategory/819675

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Impressive.

Looks like a guy who understands the art of batting and knows his strengths.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL 2021: Hopefully Ruturaj Gaikwad Will Play For India One Day, Says Chennai Super Kings' Moeen Ali

CSK vs KKR: Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Moeen Ali praised his teammate Ruturaj Gaikwad for his breakthrough performance in the Indian Premier League 2021 and said he is hopeful that the opener will play for India one day.

Chennai Super Kings (CSK) all-rounder Moeen Ali praised his teammate Ruturaj Gaikwad for his breakthrough performance in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 and said he is hopeful that the opener will play for India one day. Ali himself played a brilliant knock of 37 runs off 20 balls against KKR to help CSK post a challenging 192/3 in the final match of IPL 2021 on Friday. "He (Ruturaj) has got no weakness. He's so calm and has got every shot. Hopefully, in the future he will play for India," said the English all-rounder in a post-match presentation.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-16 130439.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  131.7 KB
    CSK's Ruturaj Gaikwad won the Orange Cap as he ended with 635 runs in 16 games.

Moeen Ali also lauded the entire CSK franchise for the thrilling season.

"Can't describe how I'm feeling. To do it with this franchise is great. So calm and so clear in what they want to do (on CSK). No changes. Could've been dropped a couple of games ago. It's such a grounded and humble team," he said.

Uthappa also lauded the support staff for motivating him during the time when he was not included in the playing XI.

"I am grateful to you (CSK) guys for the amount of communication extended to me during the course of the tournament, especially when I wasn't playing," Uthappa said.

Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com

"The conversations that you (Fleming) had with me during the practice. The conversations Huss (Michael Hussey) had with me during the practice and the entire support staff has been of great help and that's what got me going," he added.

CSK, who posted 192/3 on the board on the back of du Plessis' brilliant 86, restricted KKR to 165/9 and sealed a 27-run win. The side has previously won the tournament in 2010, 2011, and 2018.

https://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2021/ipl...en-ali-2577408

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    IPL 2021: Hopefully Ruturaj Gaikwad Will Play For India One Day, Says Chennai Super Kings' Moeen Ali

CSK vs KKR: Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Moeen Ali praised his teammate Ruturaj Gaikwad for his breakthrough performance in the Indian Premier League 2021 and said he is hopeful that the opener will play for India one day.

Chennai Super Kings (CSK) all-rounder Moeen Ali praised his teammate Ruturaj Gaikwad for his breakthrough performance in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 and said he is hopeful that the opener will play for India one day. Ali himself played a brilliant knock of 37 runs off 20 balls against KKR to help CSK post a challenging 192/3 in the final match of IPL 2021 on Friday. "He (Ruturaj) has got no weakness. He's so calm and has got every shot. Hopefully, in the future he will play for India," said the English all-rounder in a post-match presentation.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-10-16 130439.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  131.7 KB
    CSK's Ruturaj Gaikwad won the Orange Cap as he ended with 635 runs in 16 games.

Moeen Ali also lauded the entire CSK franchise for the thrilling season.

"Can't describe how I'm feeling. To do it with this franchise is great. So calm and so clear in what they want to do (on CSK). No changes. Could've been dropped a couple of games ago. It's such a grounded and humble team," he said.

Uthappa also lauded the support staff for motivating him during the time when he was not included in the playing XI.

"I am grateful to you (CSK) guys for the amount of communication extended to me during the course of the tournament, especially when I wasn't playing," Uthappa said.

Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com

"The conversations that you (Fleming) had with me during the practice. The conversations Huss (Michael Hussey) had with me during the practice and the entire support staff has been of great help and that's what got me going," he added.

CSK, who posted 192/3 on the board on the back of du Plessis' brilliant 86, restricted KKR to 165/9 and sealed a 27-run win. The side has previously won the tournament in 2010, 2011, and 2018.

https://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2021/ipl...en-ali-2577408
    he has already played for India

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously wondering why is this bloke not in the National team?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    he has already played for India
    Probably he meant as the India seniors team

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Need to maintain consistency over multiple IPL seasons to merit a spot in Indian national team.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is he any relation of Gaikwad that played in the 80s

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Is he any relation of Gaikwad that played in the 80s
    No just both are from Maharashtra.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive.

He can be a big superstar in future if he continues this.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That FC average isnít very good, the same stats suggest that he seems sorted in the shorter versions.

If so many people are vouching for him so strongly, the lad must have something, I guess.

Me, Iím mostly interested in how his Test career pans out.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    That FC average isnít very good, the same stats suggest that he seems sorted in the shorter versions.

If so many people are vouching for him so strongly, the lad must have something, I guess.

Me, Iím mostly interested in how his Test career pans out.
    Really hard to have a test career as a opener with sub-par domestic record. He will have to score 1000+ runs per ranji to considered for the highly contested spot.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He won't get far with those FC and LA averages.

An IPL hack at best.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    He won't get far with those FC and LA averages.

An IPL hack at best.
    He is from Mumbai ,will get his chance to debut very soon than one would expect.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    He is from Mumbai ,will get his chance to debut very soon than one would expect.
    He isn't from Mumbai and he doesn't represent Mumbai either.

He represents Maharashtra which is strangely third best team from state of Maharashtra.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    those FC numbers represent what he was before CSK days. There has been no FC cricket since last year.

Hes improved massively

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    those FC numbers represent what he was before CSK days. There has been no FC cricket since last year.

Hes improved massively
    We have full domestic season incoming. He will get full season to prove this fitness willing.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    No just both are from Maharashtra.
    I think Ansuman Gaekwad was from Baroda (Vadodara now) from the state of Gujrat, I have stayed in Baroda and the people there used to call him a local hero

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'He went to England at 16, scored big hundreds': Vengsarkar wants selectors to pick India youngster 'straight away'

As for Gaikwad, former India batsman and chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar recalled his early memories of the 24-year-old, reminiscing how the batsman captivated his imagination at the tender age of 10 and was fast-tracked.

The IPL over the years has gifted Indian cricket some young and promising talents – look no further than Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah – and this year was no exception. As eight teams competed for the biggest prize in franchise T20 cricket, with Chennai Super Kings emerging as winners, IPL 2021 produced youngsters who could definitely prove to be India material in the time to come.

This year, we saw the likes of Kartik Tyagi and Arshdeep Singh bowl splendidly in the death overs, while the batting duo of Ruturaj Gaikwad and Venkatesh Iyer emerged as one of the positives for their respective franchises. More so Iyer, who did not play a single game during the India leg and turned the fortunes of KKR in the UAE, scoring 370 runs from 10 matches.

As for Gaikwad, former India batsman and chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar recalled his early memories of the 24-year-old, reminiscing how the batsman captivated his imagination at the tender age of 10 and was fast-tracked.

"He came to our Pune academy when he was 10. We choose players for our academy (based on ability), we just don’t get everybody. So, he was one of those young players we chose because he had excellent skills,” Vengsarkar told Khaleej Times.

"I also took him to England when he was around 16. I take my academy team to England every year to Lancashire. We play 10 matches every year. He scored hundreds in most of the games, and he scored big hundreds, the 160s, 170s."

Gaikwad played six games in IPL 2020, scoring over 200 runs but really came into his elements this season. When the IPL 2021 began, Gaikwad was an uncapped India player, but that changed between the end of the first half and the beginning of the second. Gaikwad never looked back, and ended the year with 635 runs, becoming the youngest player to win the Orange Cap. With what Gaikwad has to offer, Vengsarkar reckons the selectors need to not waste time and include him in the team at the earliest.

"He was scoring the half centuries, so I sent a message to him and asked him to play 20 overs. I said, 'you would score a hundred and the team would score 200 if you play 20 overs. And that's what he did against Rajasthan Royals. He played 20 overs and scored a brilliant hundred. Chennai lost the match because Rajasthan played very well that day," Vengsarkar said.

"He has the game and he is mentally strong. The selectors must give him an opportunity. When you pick a guy who is in form, it helps. He is also young. If the selectors are convinced about his talent and temperament, then he should be picked straight away."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...441462089.html