Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Banton versus Haider Ali

Two twenty year olds, with enormous amount of talent.

Whereas one plays for the country which knows how to groom the players, whereas Haider plays where the board is very incompetent especially in grooming young players

Letís see as to how they move in their careers

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7769 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Both are equally talented but Banton will have a better career because he plays for a vastly superior team.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as haider has some sort of mamba mentality he will be a great player

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This should be a triple threat. Add Gill in this thread as well

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How much game time is Banton going to get early on in his international career? England batting line up is really strong and not easy to break into.

Want to see how Banton does when he is playing regularly before comparing.

Both are brilliant young batters. Haider is definitely going to get a regular run in LO due to his good start.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7769 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Gill is probably the best long format batsman in the world without a Test cap.

He should not be compared to Banton and Haider etc. who are a long, long way away from being ready for Test cricket.

They might never be.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jaiswal, Haider, Banton, Gill, Shaw, Shafique, Puckovski.

Weíre in for a real treat in upcoming years as far as batting talent is concerned.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banton has had far more experience especially from a very young age and has been said to be this prodigy which England have found after many years.

Haider on the other hand has just stepped into international cricket and hasn't had much exposure at all even in domesticnlebel yet.

I think it will be better to do a comparison after they've both played a handful of games either international or domestic.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Both are equally talented but Banton will have a better career because he plays for a vastly superior team.
    This.

No matter what Banton will be groomed properly and hence will surely have better future in cricket.
    Haider on the other hand is in the hand of Misbah, may God have mercy on him. From this point on how well he developed is based on himself and fate unfortunately.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7769 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post

Weíre in for a real treat in upcoming years as far as batting talent is concerned.
    Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on what side you are on, if you have to bet on any two names in that list who will fade away, you will have to bet on the Pakistani duo.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, Banton will turn out to be a strictly limited-overs batter. The way he struggled against Shaheen's movement showed him to be a bit of a Jason Roy type of batsman. Haider, contrary to popular opinion here is an all-format player in the long run, even though he might not be ready for tests yet.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on what side you are on, if you have to bet on any two names in that list who will fade away, you will have to bet on the Pakistani duo.
    100% agree but moreso due to structure and coaching regimen than due to talent. Talent-wise both are right up there.

Thatís where you and I tend to disagree - I am a little more optimistic that they will be developed better than many Pakistan batsmen have been developed in the past.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gill is probably the best long format batsman in the world without a Test cap.

He should not be compared to Banton and Haider etc. who are a long, long way away from being ready for Test cricket.

They might never be.
    Agree with this wholeheartedly. Gill is extremely good, and frankly a bit scary if you're the opposition. He's already miles ahead of anyone else in his age group. I think it's high time he gets his test debut, and it looks like he will in Australia.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In white ball cricket both are really good young talents and difference will be based upon the development, work ethics and attitude.

Not sure how much Banton is working on his red ball game or if he thinks there is any future because, at the moment his his FC record isnt great at the start. So I think in red ball cricket Haider is superior and will possibly be able to develop more as he is in Pak plans.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the opposite view. Because Banton plays for a superior team, his margin for error is exceedingly low and a few failures will be enough for the selectors to ignore him going forward. And if selectors decided to reintegrate Alex Hales, then it should be curtains for Tom Banton. Haider on the other hand will get loads of chances in the team and thus has the higher probability of having a better career.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no comparison. Haider is a lot better and will have a great career InshaAllah.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    How much game time is Banton going to get early on in his international career? England batting line up is really strong and not easy to break into.

Want to see how Banton does when he is playing regularly before comparing.

Both are brilliant young batters. Haider is definitely going to get a regular run in LO due to his good start.
    I think haider is better just based on psl thou both are really talented haider will get more opportunities than bantom

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re in for a real treat in upcoming years as far as batting talent is concerned.
    Jaiswal might have to waite another year

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Banton has had far more experience especially from a very young age and has been said to be this prodigy which England have found after many years.

Haider on the other hand has just stepped into international cricket and hasn't had much exposure at all even in domesticnlebel yet.

I think it will be better to do a comparison after they've both played a handful of games either international or domestic.
    But haider has played u19s so he has throw some sort of a system

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haider Ali looks similar to Dilshan, Sehwag, Jayasuriya and Warner. A proper opener who can play fast in all formats.

Banton is a hack like Guptill, Rohit, Finch and Munro. Can be dominant on flat tracks in white ball cricket, but will struggle in Tests.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It depends how hard he works but Haider has a much easier route to a great career.

If he has an iota of Babar’s drive and work ethic he will see that there is no one in Pakistan who can compete with him and he will become a fixture in all formats for the next 15 years.

Banton has access to a better system, however has to compete with a packed English batting line up with big hitters breathing down his neck at every opportunity.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider Ali anyday.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Haider Ali looks similar to Dilshan, Sehwag, Jayasuriya and Warner. A proper opener who can play fast in all formats.

Banton is a hack like Guptill, Rohit, Finch and Munro. Can be dominant on flat tracks in white ball cricket, but will struggle in Tests.
    Correct.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I think haider is better just based on psl thou both are really talented haider will get more opportunities than bantom
    You have to remember Banton have a better support structure for his development compared to Haider. I have no doubt about Banton being a top class player. With Haider I don't worry about his ability, I worry about the support structure he has. Maybe Moyo working at NCA can help him out.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to remember Banton have a better support structure for his development compared to Haider. I have no doubt about Banton being a top class player. With Haider I don't worry about his ability, I worry about the support structure he has. Maybe Moyo working at NCA can help him out.
    Hopefully Younis Khan as batting coach as well can help him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Hopefully Younis Khan as batting coach as well can help him.
    Hopefully. But I think Younis would do better with 15/16 year old batters.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is true I agree with you. but if bantom fails in a series he will be dropped were I think haider wont.i also think more chance of haider being more successful in test than bantom

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is true I agree with you. but if bantom fails in a series he will be dropped were I think haider wont.i also think more chance of haider being more successful in test than bantom

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Banton needs to play more first class cricket so we can see what he can do in that format.

Banton is probably back up option for England right now so he won't get dropped if he fails in a few games.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider Ali will be a Pakistani ATG in the mould of Anwar.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But haider has played u19s so he has throw some sort of a system
    Yes I know that but what I said is that Haider has just come into the national squad and has played 1 T20 against England now against Zim - give him sometime and then it might be better to do a comparison.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banton needs to play more first class cricket so we can see what he can do in that format.

Banton is probably back up option for England right now so he won't get dropped if he fails in a few games.
    I think hes proisiting t20s and odis true but the margin for error is not a lot for bantom haider proberly has a bigger margin for error

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Yes I know that but what I said is that Haider has just come into the national squad and has played 1 T20 against England now against Zim - give him sometime and then it might be better to do a comparison.
    Banton has only played a less than 10 games so the comparison is right

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are becoming hacks of the highest order. Let's see who's a better hack

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a who's worse thread? That's the direction this comparison looks to be heading in. Lot of promise, not a lot of results

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are good at throwing their wickets away. Lets see if haider can 1up banton in the next PZ match by throwing his wicket in the first 3 balls.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see what Haider will do in the PZ game tomorrow.

I don't think he's ready for international cricket with a slogger's mindset, it doesn't work against quality bowling attacks.

PZ is light on batting, so he will be expected to play for longer, and construct his innings. Let's hope that he can actually do that rather than hit a flashy 20 from 10 balls and get dismissed trying to power a ball that wasn't there to hit.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider will have a better career

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    There is no comparison. Haider is a lot better and will have a great career InshaAllah.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyron_woodley View Post
    Haider Ali will be a Pakistani ATG in the mould of Anwar.
    Haider Ali has to be one of the most hyped Pakistani batsman in the recent times.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are explosive players but their shot selection is poor.Every ball can not be hit for six.They throw their wickets early in their innings.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider Ali losing his way, I can understand (as he plays under PCB). But really confused about Banton. ECB wouldn't give up on him so easily.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Both top prospects. Pakistani fans don't have any patience.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Banton seems to have a problem on these pitches though. But then Haider struggled with bounce in NZ too.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, two useless hacks with Haider being the leader

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haider needs to grow a brain first.

Looks like when Haider looks at Umar Akmal he'd scream "goaaaallsssss"

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  amir1.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  352.1 KB

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not seeing that much of a difference between the 2 at the moment. It's like they're playing a "who can throw my wicket away fastest" game

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar_Azam_fan View Post
    Okay, two useless hacks with Haider being the leader
    Both can play fabulous shots, if they can apply little bit then sky is limit for them.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post

This. Rohit is in the first league though.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between his first PSL and this one, Haider Ali has shown zero progress.

Ditto for Tom Banton and his English exploits.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With 60 runs required from 29 balls, Sherfane Rutherford walks out to the crease instead of Haider. Thought this would be a good platform for Haider to explode, but perhaps they think the pressure is too much for him at the moment

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik pushed up the order over Haider with 41 required from 21

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here comes Haider with 34 required from 18. First ball he hits it for a 4.

Getting Peshawar over the line here could be the big confidence booster he needs

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see Haider take on the responsibility and release the pressure off of the youngster at the other end.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    24*(8) to finish the game in style and without breaking a sweat. Very well timed, proper shots too.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    And here comes Haider with 34 required from 18. First ball he hits it for a 4.

Getting Peshawar over the line here could be the big confidence booster he needs
    I think he really needed this. He's been having a tough couple of weeks and our fickle fans have begun calling him a hack. Very mesmerizing cameo, looks very happy at the post match spidercam interview too.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he really needed this. He's been having a tough couple of weeks and our fickle fans have begun calling him a hack. Very mesmerizing cameo, looks very happy at the post match spidercam interview too.
    Waited for a long time to see this. I really hope he's turned a corner now. Go on Haider!

Name:  amir1.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  137.3 KB

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His shots are a lovely balance of timing, balance and power. So pleasing on the eye too. I hope he has the maturity to work on his weaknesses and apply himself to learn shot selection.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know he's a top order player, but does this innings not show how effective he could be down the order? When his aerial smashing will reap a lot more reward for the risk?

He needs a little bit more about his game to bat consistently at the top of the order, but while Pakistan are lacking in that #6 position, his game in its current state is almost perfect.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know he's a top order player, but does this innings not show how effective he could be down the order? When his aerial smashing will reap a lot more reward for the risk?

He needs a little bit more about his game to bat consistently at the top of the order, but while Pakistan are lacking in that #6 position, his game in its current state is almost perfect.
    Agreed, he is much better than the other alternatives like Asif/ Khushdil/ Iftikhar etc. However he is just too good a batsman to be playing down at 6. in fact, he's the most dynamic batsman we have and the one who can really go berserk if set unlike Babar and Rizwan.

But it seems that 5/6 will be his new position going forward.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't he just play like this while opening? Make use of the powerplay. In T20s, there isn't really a point in trying play cautiously and preserve your wicket. Go out there and give it a tonk.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have to agree. We can slot Babar, Fakhar, Rizwan, Hafeez, Haider as our top 5.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Why doesn't he just play like this while opening? Make use of the powerplay. In T20s, there isn't really a point in trying play cautiously and preserve your wicket. Go out there and give it a tonk.
    It's a fair point to make, but a batsman coming in to finish the innings is a lot freer in his mind. If he hits a couple of sixes and gets out, that's okay that's his job.

Haider opening the innings has a lot more pressure to be more consistent in his scoring rather than hitting a few boundaries and getting out. Thus he tries to be more clever, trying to push it around into gaps, which he is just not good at so he builds up dot balls, gets under pressure, tries to smash a 6 out of desperation and gets out.

Haider coming at 6 is a lot more free and less mentally shackled I think

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Banton (22 y/o):
    9 T20Is at an average of 22.77 and a SR of 143.35
    44 T20s at an average of 27.31 and a SR of 151.35

Haider Ali (20 y/o):
    10 T20Is at an average of 24.66 and a SR of 137.03
    37 T20s at an average of 26.28 and a SR of 152.35

I think both of them are supremely talented and have had a pretty similar start to their respective careers. They also seem to have the same temperamental issues of building an innings and shot selection. I think the difference will end up being coaching and management. If Haider continues having these issues when he's 22, I don't think our management will show the same faith and persist with him, like England are doing with Banton. But I rate Haider very highly and I do think he will come good eventually.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Line and Length View Post
    Tom Banton (22 y/o):
    9 T20Is at an average of 22.77 and a SR of 143.35
    44 T20s at an average of 27.31 and a SR of 151.35

Haider Ali (20 y/o):
    10 T20Is at an average of 24.66 and a SR of 137.03
    37 T20s at an average of 26.28 and a SR of 152.35

I think both of them are supremely talented and have had a pretty similar start to their respective careers. They also seem to have the same temperamental issues of building an innings and shot selection. I think the difference will end up being coaching and management. If Haider continues having these issues when he's 22, I don't think our management will show the same faith and persist with him, like England are doing with Banton. But I rate Haider very highly and I do think he will come good eventually.
    Haider ali will get a lengthy chance in the pak team similar to what babar got in tests.haider will proberly play all three formats in next 1/2 years whilst bantom will play t20s and odis.haider is more talented that bantom for sure

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24*(8) to finish the game in style and without breaking a sweat. Very well timed, proper shots too.
    His stil a leg side hack

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Match winning innings by haider.that was brute force and played proper shots.i stil want him batting up the order but this gives Pakistan another option which maybe useful as a short term option

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tom Banter v Haider Golden Duck Ali

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That six over extra cover was pure class, probably the best shot of the tournament.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider has not turned any corner yet.

He only showed the kind of natural ability he posesses. This is not even 10% of what he is capable of.

This was an innings where he just ignored his deficiencies and let his talent take over.
    This can work when he is hitting out, but not when he has to set up a game.

He is still yet to understand his batting, what his strong zones are, and how to construct innings.
    He also has issues with his technique, and he needs time off to rectify them.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's a top order batsman and that's where he should bat i.e. in top 4

You don't want a repeat of Umar Akmal case (around 2011-14) where the management made him to bat at #6 and tried to use him as a slogger.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to back performances from the youngster. Hopefully he learns from this experience.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Haider looks to have found a niche at 5, and he looks much better there. Banton is going through a spell that most young players face in their careers but although he isnt the brightest( I know him from his days at Bromsgrove School and his time at Barnt Green), he is a real talent, and will come through

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitality T20 Blast: Tom Banton Hits 47-ball Ton As Somerset Beat Kent By 10 Wickets

Along with New Zealander Devon Conway, Tom Banton stitched an unbroken opening partnership of 169 for Somerset in Vitality Blast T20 match against Kent.

n a post-match interview, Tom Banton opened up on his fierce play in the Somerset vs Kent Vitality Blast T20 match hoping that this could be a 'changing point' for him. The cricketer shared that the last year had not gone too well for him. "I think it would be silly not to [be thinking about that] but at the moment I am trying to score as many runs as possible. The year has not gone as well as I would have liked so hopefully, this is a changing point for me. I am not going to look too far ahead
    https://www.republicworld.com/sports...ets-watch.html

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are nothing cricketers atm. Let them score (well) for two seasons, and. we'll talk about them.

Currently it's like who is the worst amongst the two

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babar_Azam_fan View Post
    Both are nothing cricketers atm. Let them score (well) for two seasons, and. we'll talk about them.

Currently it's like who is the worst amongst the two
    He is doing better than Haider Ali at this moment.

Back to back consecutive Player-of-the-Match performances from Tom Banton.
    77(37)
    107 (51)

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are average cricketers at best.

I don't see either making it big in international cricket, especially Haider Ali if he doesn't figure out what's going wrong for him.

He's on track to becoming another Umar Akmal.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tom banton is a far better batsman compared to haider who's just another tape ball hack.
    Plus banton is part of a better system so very likely he'll overcome problems with his game

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Hoshiarpur/Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had lot of hopes from Haider Ali since his QEA final century. But he seems to have pulled a mini version of Umar Akmal on us with the COVID brain fade. Hopefully makes a stronger comeback.