Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Misbah-ul-Haq and Waqar Younis step down from coaching roles

Misbah and Waqar step down from coaching roles

Misbah: Considering that I would have had to continue to spend considerable time away from my family in a bio-secure environment, I have decided to step down from the role

Waqar: After Misbah shared with me his decision and future plans, it was a straightforward one for me to resign as we had walked into the roles together, had worked as a pair and now also step down together

Saqlain Mushtaq and Abdul Razzaq join team management as interim coaches for the New Zealand series

Pakistan men’s national cricket team head coach Misbah-ul-Haq and bowling coach Waqar Younis have stepped down from their respective roles. They communicated their decisions to the Pakistan Cricket Board late Monday morning.

Misbah and Waqar were appointed in September 2019 and still had a year each left in their contracts.

With the New Zealand side due to arrive on 11 September for the three ODI and five T20I series and the Pakistan side to assemble in Islamabad on 8 September, the PCB has appointed Saqlain Mushtaq and Abdul Razzaq as interim coaches for the series, with the team management for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 to be appointed in due course.

Misbah-ul-Haq said: “The quarantine in Jamaica post the West Indies series provided me with an opportunity to reflect on the past 24 months as well as the schedule for international cricket ahead. Considering that I would have had to continue to spend considerable time away from my family and that too in a bio-secure environment, I have decided to step down from the role.

“I understand that the timing may not be ideal but I don’t think I am in the right frame of mind for the upcoming challenges and it makes sense for someone fresh to step-in and take the side forward.

“The past 24 months have been thoroughly enjoyable and I want to thank my team and the management for their support. I wish the Pakistan cricket team best of luck in the upcoming events and will continue to support them every time they will take the field to represent Pakistan.”

Waqar Younis said: “After Misbah shared with me his decision and future plans, it was a straightforward one for me to resign as we had walked into the roles together, had worked collectively as a pair and now also step down together.

“Working with the Pakistan bowlers, including the youngsters, has been most satisfying as they have now started to show progress. Bio-secure environments in the past 16 months have had their impact, something we had never experienced during our playing days.

“The next eight months will be busy and exciting for the Pakistan team and, like in the past, I will continue to back and cheer them. I want to thank each and every member of the Pakistan cricket team set-up as we stayed united in good and bad days, and hope there will be more brighter days ahead.”

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan: “The PCB understands and respects Misbah’s decision. Cricket in this unprecedented bio-secure world has not been easy for anyone and Misbah has clearly taken into account the intense six months of non-stop cricket ahead.

“In the past 24 months, Misbah has given his very best to the team and we wish him well in his future endeavors”.

“It has been an honorable decision by Waqar and we thank him sincerely for his immense work and commitment over the past two years and wish him the very best in the future.

“Both Misbah and Waqar have given so much to Pakistan cricket over a long period of time and for that they deserve a huge amount of respect.

“Saqlain Mushtaq and Abdul Razzaq have been appointed as interim coaches for the New Zealand series. Saqlain is the Head of International Player Development at the National High Performance Centre, while Abdul Razzaq’s domestic side won three titles in the 2020-21 season.

“Both Saqlain and Razzaq are ready to step-up and are very much looking forward to making important contributions in their coaching roles against New Zealand.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hmm...plot twist.

I think they were miffed at the squad that was selected.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely something happened between coaching management and PCB . Interesting time ahead

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was bound to happen..

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I did not see that coming.

So much for the people blaming Misbah and Waqar for our rubbish squad. Wonder who the new scapegoat is going to be

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mashallah good news

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disaster! Not a fan of Misbah but stepping away on the verge of a major tournament is selfish . . you've had 2 years to prepare this team which you've failed at (Babar can't be excluded from the blame either) . . now it was your duty to take this squad and see it through! This leaves the whole squad/preparation in disarray . .

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are these temporary or permanent resign?

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possible reason - They didn't get the squad that they wanted for the World T20.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Ramiz effect.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is sad.

Pathetic squad was announced today and the pcb must have done something here.

Good decision by misbah, if they are gonna announce a stupid squad better to just resign so that they dont blame you.

Who knows maybe if we forced to dtay in west indies

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think Ramiz is the main factor here. Next will be Wasim Khan and M Wasim.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So no accountability from these 2 and of these 2. Poor Work by PCB and all concerned.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a joke or what? There is no accountability, whatsoever. I mean seriously after ruining 2 years of PCT he now just realized that he has to spend time with his family ahead of T20 worldcup?

PCB must need to set an example here, ban these twos for getting another future job in PCB.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Looks like Misbah was anticipating sacking after the appointment of Ramiz and took a proactive decision to protect himself.

As far as Waqar is concerned, he has a lifetime contract with PCB. He just takes a break every 2-3 years before he comes back.

Pretty sure he will be part of the coaching staff again by 2024-2025.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 6th September 2021 at 15:36.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The squad was pathetic.

And domestic in shambles.

I'm glad Misbah walked away. He should have never gone with such a squad to the World T20.

Sadly, some other coach will have to bear this all and cope with the humiliation.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    I think Ramiz is the main factor here. Next will be Wasim Khan and M Wasim.
    Maybe RR should take all take all the roles. Why bother with CEO, chief Selector and Coach. RR should take all the roles

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alhamdolillah

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    This is sad.

Good decision by misbah, if they are gonna announce a stupid squad better to just resign so that they dont blame you.

I think its our Rambo effect. But Wasim Khan should be blamed for appointing Misqar in the first place who are not coaching material. M Wasim may be forced to select hack like Asif for sure.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is sad.

Good decision to retire than go with such a squad to the World T20.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shukkar rabba lakh lakh tera.Shukarane ke nafil toh bante hain.

I m so so happy after reading this.

Best news of the year!!

Thank you Ramiz.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    The squad was pathetic.

And domestic in shambles.

I'm glad Misbah walked away. He should have never gone with such a squad to the World T20.

Sadly, some other coach will have to bear this all and cope with the humiliation.
    Bar the stupid selection of AA, the squad is the best we have. The Domestic game has started to improve and Misbah was totally ineffective as coach not that anyone else would have made much of a difference

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    So now that Misbah and Waqar are gone, will we become a top team? For the past 2 years, I have been hearing that these two are holding the team back.

Who will be the new punching bag since we are clearly not capable of being good?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Badhai Ho!!!!!

Mithai khilao pakistaniyo

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Proves that misbah wasnt selecting asif ali and khushdil

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very selfish! Should’ve resigned after world t20. Misbah had 2 years to build a squad that was #1 in the world. He degraded the Team and leaving it at the 11th hour.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    So now that Misbah and Waqar are gone, will we become a top team? For the past 2 years, I have been hearing that these two are holding the team back.

Who will be the new punching bag since we are clearly not capable of being good?
    After those fake job advertisement, PCB will not attract any top coach for sure.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just before world cup you step down . What's wrong with PCB .

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
    I bet your upset now as an Indian fan

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clearly they resigned after seeing the squad being selected. Mohammad Wasim is a joke, a puppet, and heís single-handedly destroying Pakistan cricket.

Fair play to Misbah, he knows this squad isnít good enough to get out of the group stages, now all the blame will go to Mo Wasim.

Mohammad Wasim is the chief selector by name, he has no influence on the selections and thatís why he should be next to get sacked.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Waqar had to go and I suspect that this is the Rameez Raja effect. But people who think that all of sudden we will become a top team are sadly mistaken. Regardless of who the coach is, we will remain a mediocre side.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    Just before world cup you step down . What's wrong with PCB .
    They do this because they (Misbah and Waqar)were never true professionals and were only in it for the headlines.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    InshAllah boys will win next worldcup now

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But Abdur Razzaq as interim coach?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think its our Rambo effect. But Wasim Khan should be blamed for appointing Misqar in the first place who are not coaching material. M Wasim may be forced to select hack like Asif for sure.
    Wasim Khan didn’t appoint Misbah. Apparently that wasn’t under his remit

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Hurray!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best news of the year!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    But Abdur Razzaq as interim coach?
    I would take him any day over Misbah

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love the PCB

The most dramatic cricket board in history

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No one is forcing waseem to select asif ali.

Waseem was the northern coach and asif used to play for him.

This is just pathetic by wasim

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Andy Flower accept that why its happening?

I want Mike Hesson + Shane Bond NZ coaching staff that took NZ to the top

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Clearly they resigned after seeing the squad being selected. Mohammad Wasim is a joke, a puppet, and heís single-handedly destroying Pakistan cricket.

Fair play to Misbah, he knows this squad isnít good enough to get out of the group stages, now all the blame will go to Mo Wasim.

Mohammad Wasim is the chief selector by name, he has no influence on the selections and thatís why he should be next to get sacked.
    Major clash looks like with M Wasim.

But when you're not given your squad for such an important tournament, it's best to walk away.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    Did Andy Flower accept that why its happening?

I want Mike Hesson + Shane Bond NZ coaching staff that took NZ to the top
    Cant see that happpening due to our poor law and order situation

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah expected to be fired after world t20. With the squad selection he probably have a good reason to save his butt and resign.
    Either way, good riddance. I hope we never see him with Pakistan team.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can't get better than this.

This is really an awesome news for Pakistan cricket.

I hope now that misbah the destroyer of Pakistan cricket doesn't come anywhere near Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Major clash looks like with M Wasim.

But when you're not given your squad for such an important tournament, it's best to walk away.
    Let's get real here. Misbah and Waqar were not going to select any world beating squad either. In fact this was a very cowardly move by the two of them after taking Pakistan Cricket to the ground in the last 2 years, they decided to walk away just before the most important assignment of their tenure. I hope future employers hold this against them

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdurmirr View Post
    Well I did not see that coming.

So much for the people blaming Misbah and Waqar for our rubbish squad. Wonder who the new scapegoat is going to be
    All are culpable . . the reality is that Misbah (and Babar too . . captain cannot escape blame either) have had no strategy in the last 2 years . . they took a decent T20 team . . they played around with it . . they had no vision/wisdom/clarity in what they wanted to see . . they kept trying different players (I believe Pak has tried the most players out of any top team) . . even up until the WI tour, they had no idea who was going to play where . . all of that led to the whole setup being confused . . So it's not about scapegoating . . reality is Misbah and Babar have been poor poor leaders

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I bet your upset now as an Indian fan

Nah...more like shocked. Thought they'd definitely stay until the world Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Proves that misbah wasnt selecting asif ali and khushdil
    So you are calling Misbah a liar when he stated his reason being away from family due to bio secure bubble??

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Waqar resigns every 2 years by the looks of it.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A brand new coaching team just as a World Cup squad is announced. Regardless of what you think of Misbah and Waqar, that doesn't seem right.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent news. Feel bad for misbah fans now they are saying is due to the squad misbah picked much worse squad then this. Misbah loved Asif Ali.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Better late than never. Great news for Pakistan cricket.

Sad day for Misbah's loyalists but much deserved humiliation for them. They promised us that their hero would help Pakistan cricket in spite of his lack of qualifications and inexperience. I guess love is blind.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At least we have one less thing to complain about...

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here we see the disappointment called "Md. Rizwan" & Shaheen Afridi

Both performances will down now

PCB ; please revamp WT20; bring back the main man Saifi

Sharjeel
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfaraz (c)
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan Ali
    Amir
    Md. Wasim Jr

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Two things to say here.

Misbah transformed a young, improving Test team into a geriatric, failing team. And the worldís number 5 ODI team and number 1 T20i team into failures.

And Waqar transformed the immense potential of Naseem Shah into nothing.

Good riddance!

Debut
    May 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar will be back after 2 years.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post

Sharjeel
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfaraz (c)
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan Ali
    Amir
    Md. Wasim Jr
    Lol sarfraz. You mean specialist captain. I can see why you used them 2 names. Pathetic.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Better late than never. Great news for Pakistan cricket.

Sad day for Misbah's loyalists but much deserved humiliation for them. They promised us that their hero would help Pakistan cricket in spite of his lack of qualifications and inexperience. I guess love is blind.
    Lol now they are blaming Asif Ali. I mean seriously how low can you get.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakEngFan View Post
    Lol now they are blaming Asif Ali. I mean seriously how low can you get.
    Doesn't surprise me at all.

Pakistan cricket is rotten to the core unfortunately. The problem doesn't just lie with the coaches, ex-players but also with most of our fans.

I came across one individual on here who wanted Mickey Arthur sacked because of his pro-Pakistani bias and therefore was only satisfied with a home based Head Coach. The same guy was vouching for Mohsin Khan to replace Mickey and was on his high horse whenever Misbah's Pakistan tasted victory.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts to Misbah's resignation and whether or not he will vouch for Mohsin Khan to take over.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakEngFan View Post
    Lol sarfraz. You mean specialist captain. I can see why you used them 2 names. Pathetic.
    did he play in last 2 years?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The circus finally leaves town.

Two wasted years spent on a backstabber who never even coached a club team, and on Mr "Give Me Two Years and I'll Make Them Into World Beaters" whose every coaching tenure has been an unmitigated disaster.

Now please get someone qualified to do the job.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alhamdulillah

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Waqar produced banglawash , Misbah went on a new level to grant English C wash

It depends on who is appointed, but first of all good riddance and I feel this is the best thing happened for Pakistan in the last 2 years.

Yes they were holding it back by being stubborn. Haider Ali who looked like a good prospect , now nowhere to be seen

Waqar took Naseem, Hasnain, Musa, did any of them developed into a bowler atleast in 1 format
    Abdullah shafiq constantly being benched while danish aziz and Asif ali are given chances.

They continued with Abid even against Zimbabwe.
    If Razzaq is appointed then I look forward to his coaching seriously because he bagged the trophy for all formats in domestic.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharjeel
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfaraz (c)
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan Ali
    Amir
    Md. Wasim Jr
    Lol replacing a top tier batsmen with the specialist captain who hasnít scored a ton in 5 years. Classic

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so Waqar gets another sabbatical

We will see him soon after next year WC may be

==
    My mind says , Misbah and Waqar were told to resign with honor to save any credentials left for future roles in PCB. By looks of it, what team Misbah selected for WT20 was a disaster waiting to happen

No foreign coach will come just before WT20 (to own failures); so practically PCB has just thrown Saqlain and Razzak under the bus here

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    617 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This shouldn't be happening one month before the world cup. This is so wrong on Misbah's and Waqar's part. If they wanted to resign so badly, it should have been much earlier or after the WC.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Waqar resigns every 2 years by the looks of it.
    Will be reappointed after 2 years. He is always around the corner to get PCB pay cheque.

He is the new intikhab alam.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdurmirr View Post
    Lol replacing a top tier batsmen with the specialist captain who hasnít scored a ton in 5 years. Classic
    There are a lot of people here who oppose the squad however no one has any suggestion what the right squad should be. All they seem to suggest is replace this person with that.

It seems like people are more angry about the quality of players we have at our disposal than the squad.

I am happy Misbah has resigned, don't care if it's right before the world Cup. Waqar however had shown some promise with the pacers like Hassan Ali and Shaheen Afridi showing improvements lately.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just replace the names with Saqi, Razzaq , Rambo etc eventually and the cycle will continue.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And so Waqar gets another sabbatical

We will see him soon after next year WC may be

==
    My mind says , Misbah and Waqar were told to resign with honor to save any credentials left for future roles in PCB. By looks of it, what team Misbah selected for WT20 was a disaster waiting to happen

No foreign coach will come just before WT20 (to own failures); so practically PCB has just thrown Saqlain and Razzak under the bus here
    Lol I’m pretty sure you will find a franchise coach happy to take the job for 6-8 weeks work

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is pre emptive resignation by misbah and waqar.

design a bad squad just before the world t20, resign, wait for the world t20 to occur
    pakistan does poorly as planned.
    come out as analysts and openly attack Ramiz Raja, Wasim Khan, Chief selector, new coaching staff.
    avoid taking the blame

get re elected as coachs.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Strange how MisWaq isolated players like Amir, Malik, Wahab in order to promote serial international failures. But when they actually get a squad that is reminiscent of their tenure as coaches on international tours such as New Zealand and Australia, they choose to abandon the ship.

Two of the lowest individuals in the history of sports management

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances of winning the World Cup have Just gone up by 110%!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Unlike in football,The coach isnt and never will be the most important person in a cricket team. TBH they make little or no difference unless they are also the main selector and thats why the power Misbah was given was an excellent move, the only problem was that it was Misbah who got the power.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Two things to say here.

Misbah transformed a young, improving Test team into a geriatric, failing team. And the world’s number 5 ODI team and number 1 T20i team into failures.

And Waqar transformed the immense potential of Naseem Shah into nothing.

Good riddance!

Feels like it is eid for Pakistan cricket to see the most useless combo to resign on their own terms.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar will come back before 2023 WC or Australia tour

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did he play in last 2 years?
    Yes and when he did he made himself look a like a fool that he is. You don’t like Shaheen because he bowled a bouncer at Sarfraz and Rizwan because he’s kicked out the garbage player which Sarfraz is. Next in line will be Mohammed Harris which you will be hating on regardless of his performances.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Doesn't surprise me at all.

Pakistan cricket is rotten to the core unfortunately. The problem doesn't just lie with the coaches, ex-players but also with most of our fans.

I came across one individual on here who wanted Mickey Arthur sacked because of his pro-Pakistani bias and therefore was only satisfied with a home based Head Coach. The same guy was vouching for Mohsin Khan to replace Mickey and was on his high horse whenever Misbah's Pakistan tasted victory.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts to Misbah's resignation and whether or not he will vouch for Mohsin Khan to take over.
    Mohsin khan was only good at making tea. Pakistani fans are the worst by far the problem is majority of them don’t even know about cricket which is the problem. They are upset because Malik didn’t get picked what has Malik done in 20 years of international cricket?