Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakEngFan View Post
    Yes misbah has been kicked out must be very hard for you. Don’t worry you can still worship your hero he will be around in franchise cricket where he will also get kicked out from there too.
    Atleast i dont have to watch azam khan, khushdil, asif ali and sohaib maqsood represent the national team at a world cup

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Head coach of KPK last season and won all 3 titles in domestic cricket. So atleast some experience and performance to get shot at the interim coach position.
    Sorry but why are you not backing Mohsin Khan like you did during those tantrums, when you were demanding for Mickey to be replaced?

You blindly backed Misbah and Waqar when they were appointed because you couldn’t stand a foreigner coaching the side. Now look at you backing Razzaq - so predictable

You well and truly deserve this humiliation.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    The two most cunning and cowardly individuals in Pak cricket: Misbah and Waqar. Built a garbage team for the WC and left right before the main event because they knew this team isn't going to perform...and because they'll be kicked out, better shield themselves of all the criticism

Let's see how many other leading cricket boards sign their own death certificate by hiring anyone of them, as their coach or better yet head-coach.

This will tell us how good of a job did they do with Pak team to leave a legacy and a shinning example, for other boards to hire them instantly.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yk313 View Post
    Not sure. If you study all year round / perform well all year round then even if you skive the day before the exam, your performance should still be reflective of what you did all year round.

Likewise, if you do not put in the effort all year round but study hard the eve of the examÖ you know where I am getting to.

An argument can be made that their absences will mean the players do not have familiar seniors in the pavilion to guide them. However, the team flying to UAE will be what Misbah / Waqar cultivated for the good part of two years. Barring the odd selection here or there, these players all played under Misbah / Waqar.

This is very much their team (for good or bad) even if they resign the month before the WT20 and should be judged as such.
    Oh, I 100% agree with you. This is their team and it's performance is going to be reflective of the work they've done with it during their tenure. I was just highlighting how they've come to this decision and what they are hoping to get out of it.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes misbah has been kicked out must be very hard for you. Don’t worry you can still worship your hero he will be around in franchise cricket where he will also get kicked out from there too.
    second that..
    Most Coward character Misbah is;
    He first destroyed the team, played politics; and now when he fear he would be fired (based on anticipated failure in WT20); he just resigned so as to come later in PCB roles after 1/2 years

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well I for one am surprised this happened, not due to it happening at all, but due to it happening before the tournament. But this was always a risky appointment considering the lack of experience Misbah had. It was always going to be difficult.

Bringing in Waqar Younis was also a risk not worth taking considering his history of coaching Pakistan and how dreadful his record has been. Considering his words were to make Pakistan bowlers world beaters, he flopped massively, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Hasan Ali, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Abbas and limited, at times club level bowler Haris Rauf all faltered and didn't show much or any improvement. Mohammad Hasnain at times has shown some improvment, but not enough to credit Waqar.

Overall the Misbah and Waqar experiment is over. So it will be interesting to see who is next on this PK coach merry-go-round.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Maybe RR should take all take all the roles. Why bother with CEO, chief Selector and Coach. RR should take all the roles
    You forgot commentator

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Today i realize, pakistan cricket cannot change. It will stay the garbage that it is. You have a person who is not even chairman, yet he is gong Around forcing people to resign.

You see guys like azam khan selected for world t20 along with asif ali, khushdil and sohaib maqsood. And than fahkhar zaman gets dropped.

Is the ceo blind? Cant waseem khan see the dumb selections if waseem jr is a fool. Asif ali played 10 matches during this years tour and he failed im every single game.

Azam khan is a fat blob. He is not an athelete and he is part of the world t20.

Atleast guys like iqbal qasim and m. Ilyas had one thing to their credit. No matter how many times imran farhat would play for pakistan, but for the world cup, they made sure to drop him

Our cricket is a joke, it cant be fixed and it will stay as it is.

People can spend their time watching this team or just moving on from it. With the head coach gone, i might aswell move on from the national team.

Maybe franchise t20 is what i would be watching more often
    I see you are disappointed today. Primarily because Misbah resigned. My advice to you is to be a Pakistan cricket fan, not just a msibah fan. If you are a pakistan cricket fan then you would see how big a failure Misbah was. He took #1 t20 team and transformed it into bunch of failures. He did the same for ODI team too.

So if you are a Pakistan cricket fan, you would realize that anyone would be a better coach than him. Msibah is not even fit to coach an elementary school team.

Even with the garbage squad selected, I have higher hopes now since Misbah and Waqar wonít be coaching.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    I see you are disappointed today. Primarily because Misbah resigned. My advice to you is to be a Pakistan cricket fan, not just a msibah fan. If you are a pakistan cricket fan then you would see how big a failure Misbah was. He took #1 t20 team and transformed it into bunch of failures. He did the same for ODI team too.

So if you are a Pakistan cricket fan, you would realize that anyone would be a better coach than him. Msibah is not even fit to coach an elementary school team.

Even with the garbage squad selected, I have higher hopes now since Misbah and Waqar won’t be coaching.
    No thank you

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah's and Waqar's time was up, that was known and I was expecting they would be asked to leave after the T20 WC, but this is shocking news indeed. I am not sure this is a good move before T20 WC.

All the best to Misbah and Waqar. They were not perfect, had more lows than highs. but they can take pride in the emergence (and re-emergence) of Babar Azam, Shaheen Afridi, Mohd Rizwan, Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Fawad Alam etc.

Good luck to the incoming coaching staff.. Saqlain and Razaq. I am not impressed with how Razzak thinks and makes stupid remarks on media, but Saqlain is a sensible man. I hope Babar can form good partnership with the coaches and quickly pull his team together for the T20WC.

Btw don't Misbah and Waqar have to answer to any PCB committee about the failures and flawed strategies during their tenure?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhtar on his YouTube:

"I think what happened here with Waqar and Misbah's resignations is similar to what the Taliban did to the American forces"

"I think they knew that Ramiz Raja would not spare them hence they decided to leave"

"A huge event is about to take place. Maybe Ramiz bhai wouldn't have sacked them," he said.

"Whether he is a good man or a bad man. He can be the world's fastest bowler for that matter but in the end, he will get exposed - I think both of them exposed themselves by running."

"If the PCB wanted to sack you then you should have let them - You should have put in 100% for the World Cup and then [resigned]. But what can a coward do, except running away?"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No thank you
    Honestly are you a bigger Misbah fan or Pakistan cricket fan?

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Well it’s obvious. He only cares about Misbah. He will support any team which misbah coaches. He will support India if misbah was to ever coach them. Having said that misbah won’t even get a job for a pub team in India or anywhere else.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well it’s obvious. He only cares about Misbah. He will support any team which misbah coaches. He will support India if misbah was to ever coach them. Having said that misbah won’t even get a job for a pub team in India or anywhere else.
    That's very true. I remember him switching allegiances in the PSL based on Misbah's involvement.

Not even a team like Nepal would want him to be their Head Coach, yet he somehow managed to get the top job in Pakistan cricket. Meritocracy is just non-existent in Pakistan overall.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Shoaib Akhtar on his YouTube:

"I think what happened here with Waqar and Misbah's resignations is similar to what the Taliban did to the American forces"

"I think they knew that Ramiz Raja would not spare them hence they decided to leave"

"A huge event is about to take place. Maybe Ramiz bhai wouldn't have sacked them," he said.

"Whether he is a good man or a bad man. He can be the world's fastest bowler for that matter but in the end, he will get exposed - I think both of them exposed themselves by running."

"If the PCB wanted to sack you then you should have let them - You should have put in 100% for the World Cup and then [resigned]. But what can a coward do, except running away?"
    Shoaib talks alot for a guy who is not even hirable due to his past. Funny thing is he was not even corrupt, but the fact that he has a loud mouth means he cant grt himself a job with pakistan cricket.

Waqar younis has a higher chance of getting employed by pcb again than shoaib akhtar getting a single chance.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Former

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We wasted two years hiring these guys and now our WC chances lie in tatters. Realistically, our recovery can only begin in the new year. But hopefully we can have an inspired performance in the UAE even with Asif Ali.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yk313 View Post
    Firm believer that a person should not accept a job they do not believe they are capable of doing.

Employer and employee both at fault once they sign above the dotted line.
    I believe it's partially true cause it's just an interim appointment. A knee jerk reaction by the employers in offering them and quite possibly they were too quick to accept the job. Might regret later.

Saqlain is a good coach but it would be cruel to judge him just on the basis of 2 series and managing a squad he had no say in selecting.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    We wasted two years hiring these guys and now our WC chances lie in tatters. Realistically, our recovery can only begin in the new year. But hopefully we can have an inspired performance in the UAE even with Asif Ali.
    If I remember clearly, pakistan were in a much, much worse state in 2007 before the T20 World Cup. The thing that made it worse was Shoaib Akhtar getting banned by the PCB and Abdul Razzaq not being picked at all for the T20 squad. We still turned up in the tournament and put on a show. I’m hoping that we find someone with a positive vibe who can temporarily get our team in order and make them produce a typical Pakistani tournament run. We can look for our long term replacement in the meanwhile

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    So Aamir will reconsider his retirement now?
    I'm not sure Amir merits a spot in the team. But then again, neither do Asif, Khushdil, or Azam.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    Did Andy Flower accept that why its happening?

I want Mike Hesson + Shane Bond NZ coaching staff that took NZ to the top
    Keep on dreaming mate

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today i realize, pakistan cricket cannot change. It will stay the garbage that it is. You have a person who is not even chairman, yet he is gong Around forcing people to resign.

You see guys like azam khan selected for world t20 along with asif ali, khushdil and sohaib maqsood. And than fahkhar zaman gets dropped.

Is the ceo blind? Cant waseem khan see the dumb selections if waseem jr is a fool. Asif ali played 10 matches during this years tour and he failed im every single game.

Azam khan is a fat blob. He is not an athelete and he is part of the world t20.

Atleast guys like iqbal qasim and m. Ilyas had one thing to their credit. No matter how many times imran farhat would play for pakistan, but for the world cup, they made sure to drop him

Our cricket is a joke, it cant be fixed and it will stay as it is.

People can spend their time watching this team or just moving on from it. With the head coach gone, i might aswell move on from the national team.

Maybe franchise t20 is what i would be watching more often
    Sounds like you're too weak for this team

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shoaib talks alot for a guy who is not even hirable due to his past. Funny thing is he was not even corrupt, but the fact that he has a loud mouth means he cant grt himself a job with pakistan cricket.

Waqar younis has a higher chance of getting employed by pcb again than shoaib akhtar getting a single chance.
    Dehati Waqar is a shameless compromiser which is why he keeps getting rehired, fired, rehired. Shoaib is not and Shoaib financially is doing much better than Waqar in retirement

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Dehati Waqar is a shameless compromiser which is why he keeps getting rehired, fired, rehired. Shoaib is not and Shoaib financially is doing much better than Waqar in retirement
    You are right.

Shoaib, who makes money from youtube, is doing financially better than waqar younis eho makes money from coaching and being involved in the ground in cricket

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You are right.

Shoaib, who makes money from youtube, is doing financially better than waqar younis eho makes money from coaching and being involved in the ground in cricket
    Lol Waqars end result is a big fat zero and a sticky for being hired and fired. Unemployable by any other board except the PCB

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít understand why people are saying they resigned because they didnít get the team they wanted. As if these two have ever taken a principled stance on anything. If they had any honour or principles, they would have resigned after the diabolical New Zealand series.

They were happy to keep riding the gravy train no matter who was selected up to now.

This is clearly a case of Ramiz who has made no secret of his dislike of misbahís negativity telling these two privately that they will be phased out (either now or after the world t20). The writing was on the wall and they jumped. There really is nothing else to it.

I am pleasantly surprised despite not being a fan of ramiz that he kickstarted this.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol Waqars end result is a big fat zero and a sticky for being hired and fired. Unemployable by any other board except the PCB
    Again how is he unemployable? Are you a cricket employer?

He has been getting a pakistan cricket top level job since 2006. He has coach in ipl and can easily get a psl coaching contract.

Akhtar cant even get a psl contract for coaching

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

He has been getting a pakistan cricket top level job since 2006. He has coach in ipl and can easily get a psl coaching contract.

Don't think Akhtar has ever been desperate for a coaching role unlike D Waqar.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former
    I get hero worship - it happens. But at least pick someone useful!! How can someone as boring, insipid and uninspirational as Misbah even have a fan base!

And even if you were a fan of Misbah the player (you might need to check your pulse why), you have to try and be honest about his so called coaching ability.

I am Waqar Younis the bowlerís biggest fan - my favourite bowler ever, but I will not back his poor coaching record or approach. Iíve been calling for his sacking for a while.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam and team are probably breathing a sigh of relief. If they win T20 WC, it is down entirely to them and not coaches - if they lose, well, there is this godsent readymade excuseÖ
    Happy place to be either way

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No thank you
    Lol, thanks for proving my point.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I won’t quote waqar’s coaching stint as success. If a person is coaching one team for 5/6 times, that’s not success. That means he failed and kept returning. I can’t recall a single coach in history apart from intikhab, who coached one team 5-6 times. That’s not success, that’s a failure. During waqar’s tenure, Pakistan miserably failed to win any major tournament. He only has failures behind him. I think some great players can’t be good coaches. It’s a simple fact. Might as well accept it.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Saqlain needlessly being thrown under the bus who is the only person with integrity left.
    Er, Sandton?

In 1995 a South Africa v Pakistan Test match was postponed for 24 hours after Mohammad Akram and Saqlain Mushtaq claimed to have been mugged on the street.

But it turned out they hadn't been mugged on the street, but in an establishment called Club 69. Maybe it opened in 1969, the year that I was born?

Nevertheless, I find it hard to believe that either Saqlain Mushtaq or Mohammad Akram has ever worked for the PCB again, given:

1. Where they were the night before a Test match, and
    2. They lied about it.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are right.

Waqar is a decent human being who doesnít have a terrible work ethic. The problem is, he is just terrible at what he does with the intention of being sincere to that profession.

He gets commentary jobs simply because of his Test/ODI record as a great, but the guy doesnít have more insight into the game than 95% of posters here. Just listen to him, he isnít going to set the world alight with his standard knowledge of the game

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Er, Sandton?

In 1995 a South Africa v Pakistan Test match was postponed for 24 hours after Mohammad Akram and Saqlain Mushtaq claimed to have been mugged on the street.

But it turned out they hadn't been mugged on the street, but in an establishment called Club 69. Maybe it opened in 1969, the year that I was born?

Nevertheless, I find it hard to believe that either Saqlain Mushtaq or Mohammad Akram has ever worked for the PCB again, given:

1. Where they were the night before a Test match, and
    2. They lied about it.

Saqlain by his own admission changed himself a lot around 2003. He's worked with WI, Bangladesh and England as spin coach as well Somerset plus a lot of stints around the world in the t20 circuit.
    As far as I know, lying isn't a crime.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Should Misbah and Waqar be allowed to abandon the team like this?

Surely there must be some sort of mechanism or law by which these two can be held to account. These two have been in their roles for two years, they were tasked with the goal of preparing the team for the World Cup Events. They have shamelessly and nefariously not only leached the PCB for the last two years but have also run away from the team they were responsible for leaving the team without any coaches.

Surely the Chief Justice of Pakistan has the power and authority to excercise suo motto rights and the Parliament the right to summon anyone.

Surely the PM IK being a legendary cricketer can demand an explanation for this cowardly act. These two individuals should be black listed forever for surrendering and bailing out on the team.

Heck the PCB and the govt should refuse to issue any noc for Waqar to future broadcasters

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely there must be some sort of mechanism or law by which these two can be held to account. These two have been in their roles for two years, they were tasked with the goal of preparing the team for the World Cup Events. They have shamelessly and nefariously not only leached the PCB for the last two years but have also run away from the team they were responsible for leaving the team without any coaches.

Surely the Chief Justice of Pakistan has the power and authority to excercise suo motto rights and the Parliament the right to summon anyone.

Surely the PM IK being a legendary cricketer can demand an explanation for this cowardly act. These two individuals should be black listed forever for surrendering and bailing out on the team.

Heck the PCB and the govt should refuse to issue any noc for Waqar to future broadcasters
    How are you so sure that these guys have resigned voluntarily & abruptly? A more likely scenario is that they have been asked to step down immediately by the new management.

I can accuse Misbah of many things, but a man without integrity he is not.
    Last edited by dildilpak; 7th September 2021 at 05:31.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Iíd do the same, in fact I would go a step further and jump off a bridge if the chief selector of my team picked Khushdil Shah, Asif Ali and Azam Khan over the likes of Fakhar, Sharjeel, Malik, Haider, Ifthikar etc.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    How are you so sure that these guys have resigned voluntarily & abruptly? A more likely scenario is that they have been asked to step down immediately by the new management.

You sure about the integrity part? Wasn't he part of the committee that voted to refuse to extend Mickey Arthur and then chose to apply to replace him?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Waqar is a decent human being who doesn’t have a terrible work ethic. The problem is, he is just terrible at what he does with the intention of being sincere to that profession.

He gets commentary jobs simply because of his Test/ODI record as a great, but the guy doesn’t have more insight into the game than 95% of posters here. Just listen to him, he isn’t going to set the world alight with his standard knowledge of the game
    bro you are right. Waqar isnt that great and is a pretty bad coach, however some here praising Akhtar who makes his money from Youtube talking smack.

Whether Waqar is good or bad thats a seperate issue. But the fact that he makes his living from being involved in cricket instead of talking smack is what i was mentioning to the poster.

Its annoying seeing Akhtar make comments when he would never get hired by PCB due to his past

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    bro you are right. Waqar isnt that great and is a pretty bad coach, however some here praising Akhtar who makes his money from Youtube talking smack.

Whether Waqar is good or bad thats a seperate issue. But the fact that he makes his living from being involved in cricket instead of talking smack is what i was mentioning to the poster.

Its annoying seeing Akhtar make comments when he would never get hired by PCB due to his past
    Akhtar makes his money by talking about Cricket on PTV Sports and Geo Super as well. They pay him very handsomely as well. Being an expert comes under the ambit of Cricket. Unlike Waqar, Shoaib has not been fired numerous time by his employers

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure about the integrity part? Wasn't he part of the committee that voted to refuse to extend Mickey Arthur and then chose to apply to replace him?
    Mickey Arthur deserved to be fired for his dismal record. And Misbah had every right to apply (probably was encouraged by the board to do so). I can see where you are coming from but it was upto to PCB management to reject any individual & select another if they had any objections.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let’s be honest here, Shoaib Akhtar is the Cristiano Ronaldo if YouTube click bait comments. He will net the most money out of all Pakistani cricketers past and present by just chatting absolute bull. He knows how to say crazy, unrealistic things but people love him for it just for an entertainment kick.

We are blessed to have at least someone who knows how to entertain.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur deserved to be fired for his dismal record. And Misbah had every right to apply (probably was encouraged by the board to do so). I can see where you are coming from but it was upto to PCB management to reject any individual & select another if they had any objections.
    Given your logic Misbah had every right to indulge in conflict of interest

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Let’s be honest here, Shoaib Akhtar is the Cristiano Ronaldo if YouTube click bait comments. He will net the most money out of all Pakistani cricketers past and present by just chatting absolute bull. He knows how to say crazy, unrealistic things but people love him for it just for an entertainment kick.

We are blessed to have at least someone who knows how to entertain.
    Akhtar keeps bragging about how he can increase PCBs brand value, revenues and net worth with his business ideas given his own business experience

That's the kind of role he has been targeting. Would be interested if Ramiz calls his bluff and offers him to join the PCBs marketing department

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akhtar keeps bragging about how he can increase PCBs brand value, revenues and net worth with his business ideas given his own business experience

That's the kind of role he has been targeting. Would be interested if Ramiz calls his bluff and offers him to join the PCBs marketing department
    Stupid

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can only hope that the corrupt judiciary stays out of Pakistan. The Judiciaryís name to fame is that in Pakistanís 70 year history they have never punished the powerful. They are a joke and a mockery. The people running cricket in Pakistan are far more qualified.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I reckon they walked before they were pushed.

New regime wants new faces and the first people they were going to remove were the coaches.
    The new administration like the old is operating without any process or structure. It is impossible to achieve sustainable success with this approach.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    According to reporters WK met Misbah and advised him to rest from the NZ and England tour and spend some time with his family given that he had spent months in the bio secure bubble without seeing his family and let an interim person take charge.

Misbah was critical of Azam Khan's selection and was also critical about the PCB openly searching for a replacement behind his back. The PCB CEO told him Ramiz wanted to make changes but only after the T20 WC. Misbah refused and wanted to part ways immediately.

Misbah called Waqar up and told him about his decision. Waqar then called Ramiz up who confirmed that the PCB wanted to move on after the T20 WC and Waqar resigned himself immediately

Selfish decision by Misbah and Waqar to bail on the team right before a mega event even though the PCB had told them that they can still till the end of the tournament which is what they should have done in the national interest knowing full well a new full time coach cannot be found on such short notice and that an interim coach will not have any time to take stock of things. I hope both these individuals are black listed forever

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares they were both rubbish at their jobs. Get lost and don't return the pair of you. Give Ramiz a chance before calling for his head, give this newly announced squad a chance to perform as well. They haven't even started and the knives are out already. Our fans are just as bad as the team and management they criticise all the time.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no Misbah or Waqar fan but they should not have been removed before the T20 WC. Now these two will cry a river about the PCB conspiring against them and how the team's performance in the WC is not their responsibility
    Are stating they were removed rather than resigned?

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it you are a smart guy. But, it actually depends on what is written in the contract.
    Usually, it is pretty straightforward, Employer and Employee can part ways with appropriate notice. What I have heard on this forum is that Misbah has an airtight contract and he gets paid in full even if he does not complete his contract. How do you know if IK and Rameez wanted this and gave these guys options to go away quietly.
    Waqar is a leech and it is not in him to resign ? Man needs to be fired every time. But this time I think some calls would have came from top hierarchy and IK himself to walk away.
    There are bigger things at play here.
    Everyone should really and ideally point questions to one person only. and that is Imran Khan. Why change Chairman and Management just 2 months before the WC ? Mani could have stayed till the World Cup and then asked to leave.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    I take it you are a smart guy. But, it actually depends on what is written in the contract.
    Usually, it is pretty straightforward, Employer and Employee can part ways with appropriate notice. What I have heard on this forum is that Misbah has an airtight contract and he gets paid in full even if he does not complete his contract. How do you know if IK and Rameez wanted this and gave these guys options to go away quietly.
    Waqar is a leech and it is not in him to resign ? Man needs to be fired every time. But this time I think some calls would have came from top hierarchy and IK himself to walk away.
    There are bigger things at play here.
    Everyone should really and ideally point questions to one person only. and that is Imran Khan. Why change Chairman and Management just 2 months before the WC ? Mani could have stayed till the World Cup and then asked to leave.
    I agree with this - what was the need of an overnight change in management just before WC? And if you are gonna pick a team for a WC without the coachís inputs & tell him that he will be pushed out after the WC, why would anybody in that position stick around?

IK & PCB have a self-goal on their hands. But now if Pak lose the WC, they also have a convenient scapegoat in Misbah & Waqar who supposedly quit abruptly before the WC.

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Fakhar has to be open and that ain't going to happen that's why maybe they didn't pick him for initial squad
    Why can't he open? And if he is being dropped, why is he being replaced by much worse cricketers?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He went behind Mickey's back and ousted him merely to serve his self-interests. This coming from a committee member of the PCB as well.

Misbah is anything but a man of integrity.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Are there two Mickey Arthurís?

One Mickey Arthur defeated both the finalists at the 2019 World Cup, and only missed the semi-final on Net Run Rate.

One Mickey Arthur is the only Pakistan coach to ever be in charge of the holders or the World Test Champion mace.

One Mickey Arthur coached the worldís Number 1 T20i team.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to reporters WK met Misbah and advised him to rest from the NZ and England tour and spend some time with his family given that he had spent months in the bio secure bubble without seeing his family and let an interim person take charge.

Misbah was critical of Azam Khan's selection and was also critical about the PCB openly searching for a replacement behind his back. The PCB CEO told him Ramiz wanted to make changes but only after the T20 WC. Misbah refused and wanted to part ways immediately.

Misbah called Waqar up and told him about his decision. Waqar then called Ramiz up who confirmed that the PCB wanted to move on after the T20 WC and Waqar resigned himself immediately

Selfish decision by Misbah and Waqar to bail on the team right before a mega event even though the PCB had told them that they can still till the end of the tournament which is what they should have done in the national interest knowing full well a new full time coach cannot be found on such short notice and that an interim coach will not have any time to take stock of things. I hope both these individuals are black listed forever
    If this is true...

So they wanted to blackmail PCB under the guise of, "extend our contracts and don't look for our replacement, otherwise we will abandon the team and not obligate to our contractual obligation"

What a shameless pair two losers we have been putting up with?

If we don't understand these two heinous and cunning guys now, we never will.

In all honesty, a good professional tries his best till the end of his contract and leaves on a high note, but these two act as demoralized high school girls whose feelings were hurt when they are dumped by a guy.

What a shame !

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Iíd do the same, in fact I would go a step further and jump off a bridge if the chief selector of my team picked Khushdil Shah, Asif Ali and Azam Khan over the likes of Fakhar, Sharjeel, Malik, Haider, Ifthikar etc.
    As a fan, you are more than welcome to do it.
    But being a coach, this is least of your worries. Your job is to COACH and that's what you get PAID for.
    Do your job.
    If you want to indulge and influence in SELECTION matters then either leave the coaching job and become a selector or GTF outta here. Simple as that.

Only if everyone would focus on DOING THEIR JOB FOR WHAT THEY GET PAID FOR and don't indulge into the business of others, we would have much better environment. But we have a fish market environment in full swing at PCB.

While coaching is absolutely third class under Misbah, he is more worried about selection of Azam Khan. See the issue?

DO YOUR FREAKING JOB !!
    That's the point.

Misbah was critical of Azam Khan's selection
    Replied above.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Better late than never. Great news for Pakistan cricket.

Sad day for Misbah's loyalists but much deserved humiliation for them. They promised us that their hero would help Pakistan cricket in spite of his lack of qualifications and inexperience. I guess love is blind.
    This. I have been busy with work this week so haven't been reading forums, today I come and see a thread that Moores might be the new coach. Confused (and delighted maybe Misbah is gone) I scroll through the page and lo and behold! Fantastic news.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít think itís that cut and dried to blame Misbah.

If a coach is worried about drastically wrong team selection, and believes strongly that the team he has been given is wildly sub- optimal or even worse, the result of cronyism/ nepotism, then as a professional he canít be asked to just suck it up.

Thereís a breaking point for everything. And looking at this Pakistani team composition, I for one can give the benefit of the doubt that Misbah may have reached his breaking point. Especially for such a crucial tournament.

Add to that the reports that he was being asked to stay home for the next few series, come back for the World Cup, amd then walk away into the sunset, well Iím not sure how many professionals would accept such a wildly unprofessional situation.

In which case it his decision to resign is totally understandable.

In the absence of more information, I canít agree with the opinion that Misbah has behaved dishonourably.
    Last edited by Cryin Out Loud; 7th September 2021 at 23:13.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    I don’t think it’s that cut and dried to blame Misbah.

If a coach is worried about drastically wrong team selection, and believes strongly that the team he has been given is wildly sub- optimal or even worse, the result of cronyism/ nepotism, then as a professional he can’t be asked to just suck it up.

There’s a breaking point for everything. And looking at this Pakistani team composition, I for one can give the benefit of the doubt that Misbah may have reached his breaking point. Especially for such a crucial tournament.

Add to that the reports that he was being asked to stay home for the next few series, come back for the World Cup, amd then walk away into the sunset, well I’m not sure how many professionals would accept such a wildly unprofessional situation.

In which case it his decision to resign is totally understandable.

In the absence of more information, I can’t agree with the opinion that Misbah has behaved dishonourably.

You tell me, which employer would tell his top performing employee to sit home for the most important upcoming project?

For the last 20 odd months, Misbah had the team of his liking, and what did he achieve to shatter the skies? ZILCH!

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    You tell me, which employer would tell his top performing employee to sit home for the most important upcoming project?

For the last 20 odd months, Misbah had the team of his liking, and what did he achieve to shatter the skies? ZILCH!
    Iím on a mobile so formatting may be off. I didnít comprehend your first point. On the second point - they just leaves the door open for accusing him of incompetence or inability to deliver. Thatís a separate argument.

Itís still does not mean that he was wrong in resigning over the two issues of team selection and a stop start kind of work arrangement for him, culminating in his being let go.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím on a mobile so formatting may be off. I didnít comprehend your first point. On the second point - they just leaves the door open for accusing him of incompetence or inability to deliver. Thatís a separate argument.

Itís still does not mean that he was wrong in resigning over the two issues of team selection and a stop start kind of work arrangement for him, culminating in his being let go.
    When Wasim Khan reached out to him with a stop start work arrangement, it was perhaps a subtle hint to call it a day and move on.

Had Misbah been a great performer in his coaching role, PCB or Ramiz or IK or whoever it is, would probably have never shown him the door.

There was perhaps never a "start" option when the "stop start" set up was given to him.
    And definitely as a coach, his job is to train the selected squad to the best of his ability instead of throwing his toys out of the prom on a selection a player.

There are still 14 players that you can happily coach if you are unhappy with the selection of the 15th player.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I’m on a mobile so formatting may be off. I didn’t comprehend your first point. On the second point - they just leaves the door open for accusing him of incompetence or inability to deliver. That’s a separate argument.

It’s still does not mean that he was wrong in resigning over the two issues of team selection and a stop start kind of work arrangement for him, culminating in his being let go.
    If Misbah and Waqar were such great patriots and hub ne Watan as they claim to be, they would still have stuck around till the T-20 WC and not left the team high and dry a month before the premier tournament leaving the PCB in a difficult position of trying to miraculously find full time coaches on short notice and also leaving the interim coaches in an impossible position to try and prepare a squad without any notice and time.

If these two individuals had so many issues with selection, then Misbah was the CS for 90% of the tenure and he would have offered to resign before as well. I am sorry but i hope the CJP and National Assembly take these two individuals to task and the media, fraternity remind these two in fact taint these two individuals for life for deserting their team out of their own selfish self interests.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a blessing in disguise by Allah Almighty. I would not be surprised if Imran Khan asked his wife for sacking the PCB chairman and then Ramiz Raja taking this bold step right before the twenty20 world cup. The one more step Ramiz Raja needs to take is to bring Fakhar Zaman, Sharjeel Khan, and Muhammad Amir back to the world cup squad asap if they are aiming for the title cup.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Wasim Khan reached out to him with a stop start work arrangement, it was perhaps a subtle hint to call it a day and move on.

Ö...
    Then this itself is justification for Misbah to put in his papers, no? If the boss is giving you that hint, moving on is the right thing to do.

So why is he being named and shamed for resigning? Even by, in fact absolutely by, what you wrote, that was the right thing to do.

If Misbah and Waqar were such great patriots and hub ne Watan as they claim to be, they would still have stuck around till the T-20 WC and not left the team high and dry a month before the premier tournament leaving the PCB in a difficult position of trying to miraculously find full time coaches on short notice and also leaving the interim coaches in an impossible position to try and prepare a squad without any notice and time.

If these two individuals had so many issues with selection, then Misbah was the CS for 90% of the tenure and he would have offered to resign before as well..,...
    I think I have addressed your main points on my earlier posts but summarising:

If coach absolutely believes that the team given to him or her is totally wrong, and in fact the result of nepotism or some other unsavoury reason, they are within their rights to resign. Itís morally the right thing to do. We donít know whether thatís why Misbah resigned, but I wouldnít assume the worst about the man just yet.

Also being asked to leave for the series before a World Cup and them come back only for it (thatís what they say the PCB offered) is a totally ridiculous proposition, and Iím not sure how Wasim thought it would work.

Youíre putting the coach in a totally untenable position- how the heck will he prep for the tournament, enforce discipline, when in the interim thereís a new coaching team? It could be said that heís within his rights to resign.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then this itself is justification for Misbah to put in his papers, no? If the boss is giving you that hint, moving on is the right thing to do.

So why is he being named and shamed for resigning? Even by, in fact absolutely by, what you wrote, that was the right thing to do.
    Folks have right to voice their opinion especially when most of the scenarios are speculative and hypothetical.

We don't really know what's the true and complete story and what were the order of events.

For me personally, I don't care whether he resigned for being shown the red flag, or he resigned because a selected player was not of his choice, or if he got demoralized because PCB was looking for a replacement "behind his back"........ either way, it's a day to rejoice. We finally got rid of both of them.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what a field day for haters, their wishes have come true. The boss goes into quarantine and they start a coup behind his back. Somethings will never change in Pakistani culture

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks have right to voice their opinion especially when most of the scenarios are speculative and hypothetical.

We don't really know what's the true and complete story and what were the order of events.

For me personally, I don't care whether he resigned for being shown the red flag, or he resigned because a selected player was not of his choice, or if he got demoralized because PCB was looking for a replacement "behind his back"........ either way, it's a day to rejoice. We finally got rid of both of them.
    Nothing really to rejoice as they brought stability to a normally unstable board/team. I for one will miss this relatively controversy free era of Pakistan cricket. Looks like we are back to the drawing board (again!)

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I think I have addressed your main points on my earlier posts but summarising:

If coach absolutely believes that the team given to him or her is totally wrong, and in fact the result of nepotism or some other unsavoury reason, they are within their rights to resign. It’s morally the right thing to do. We don’t know whether that’s why Misbah resigned, but I wouldn’t assume the worst about the man just yet.

Also being asked to leave for the series before a World Cup and them come back only for it (that’s what they say the PCB offered) is a totally ridiculous proposition, and I’m not sure how Wasim thought it would work.

You’re putting the coach in a totally untenable position- how the heck will he prep for the tournament, enforce discipline, when in the interim there’s a new coaching team? It could be said that he’s within his rights to resign.
    Misbah was asked to spend time with his family and skip the NZ, Eng series because he had been in a bio secure bubble for the last 4 months and would have straight into bio secure bubbles for the next 2 months which means he would not have seen his family for 6 months. What the PCB did was show compassion and humanity, an employer reserves the right to fire you on the spot without even giving you the courtesy to resign. Misbah could have put the larger interests of the country at hand and just served out the remainder of his term without controversy

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its paaarrtteeeeeeeeeee time!

Best news to hit Pak cricket this year. Only regret is that 2 years have been wasted where all the damage and mistakes need to be remediated before we can progress.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    Nothing really to rejoice as they brought stability to a normally unstable board/team. I for one will miss this relatively controversy free era of Pakistan cricket. Looks like we are back to the drawing board (again!)
    You are free to mourn and I understand that, but for me personally, this is THE BEST news that came out from Pakistan cricket in the last 20 months.
    Together with a huge majority of cricket fans, I am extremely happy and rejoiced.

A friend who was a classmate of Misbah during their high school years recently told me that Misbah and Hafeez are developing a few multi million dollar commercial real estate projects surrounding Mianwali.
    So Misbah is all set. Be happy for your hero.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You are free to mourn and I understand that, but for me personally, this is THE BEST news that came out from Pakistan cricket in the last 20 months.
    Together with a huge majority of cricket fans, I am extremely happy and rejoiced.

A friend who was a classmate of Misbah during their high school years recently told me that Misbah and Hafeez are developing a few multi million dollar commercial real estate projects surrounding Mianwali.
    So Misbah is all set. Be happy for your hero.
    Misbah has cleverly made the most out of the PCB for the last 10-12 years as an annuity

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Atleast i dont have to watch azam khan, khushdil, asif ali and sohaib maqsood represent the national team at a world cup
    Hey, don't jump the gun. You could possibly see those players if ever Misbah is made a coach of a t20 franchise. Aren't you gonna cheer for them then?

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    Yeah, same old words like stability, respectability, controversy-free, predictability to describe Misbah's era... Largely because he doesn't bring anything else to the table!!

These abstract words don't mean anything as our results have gone down the gutter. The guy has single handedly destroyed the fiber of Pakistan cricket and has made this team into a bunch of personality-less phattus! Good riddance!

Now can we have someone who is not afraid of losing all the time and isn't content as long as we just compete?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastimasti View Post
    Why can't he open? And if he is being dropped, why is he being replaced by much worse cricketers?
    Becouse Babar and Rizwan are definitely opening.i do not agree with fakhar getting dropped but am saying is that they don't think he will be useful in the middle order hence why he's not in the squad.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz did a great job but I think that's end of his abilities and skill of running the show.

What I want next now, is someone to fire Rameez and bring a true professional who has a great experience of successful running a multi million dollar business.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Misbah ran away.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    This. I have been busy with work this week so haven't been reading forums, today I come and see a thread that Moores might be the new coach. Confused (and delighted maybe Misbah is gone) I scroll through the page and lo and behold! Fantastic news.
    Genuinely, he is the worst thing that has happened to Pakistan cricket over the last 10 years starting from that Mohali innings.

I will go as far as saying the damage he did to Pakistan cricket actually exceeded the reputational damage that arose from the spot-fixing scandal.

The standard of coaches in Pakistan are very poor but I think the PCB took their standards to a whole new low when they opted for Misbah.

Misbah's cheerleaders have nowhere to hide because not only was a Head Coach he was also a Chief Selector for over half of his tenure.

Not to forget the way he went behind Mickey's back to oust him merely to lynch the job for himself, which I wouldn't be so much of an issue if he was qualified and competent but the reality is he is the most incompetent captain, coach and selector that I have seen represent Pakistan cricket.

Good riddance.
    Last edited by topspin; 8th September 2021 at 17:13.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Genuinely, he is the worst thing that has happened to Pakistan cricket over the last 10 years starting from that Mohali innings.

I will go as far as saying the damage he did to Pakistan cricket actually exceeded the reputational damage that arose from the spot-fixing scandal.

The standard of coaches in Pakistan are very poor but I think the PCB took their standards to a whole new low when they opted for Misbah.

Misbah's cheerleaders have nowhere to hide because not only was a Head Coach he was also a Chief Selector for over half of his tenure.

Not to forget the way he went behind Mickey's back to oust him merely to lynch the job for himself, which I wouldn't be so much of an issue if he was qualified and competent but the reality is he is the most incompetent captain, coach and selector that I have seen represent Pakistan cricket.

Good riddance.
    I could understand if Misbah won us a WC or broke records as a batsman for us like Inzi or MoYo then I could understand if he has fans. Truth is he was at best an okay batsman who never won us games and had his success on the back of Ajmal and the best memory he will forever leave behind is the final and semi final against India. So I'm truly baffled why he has hardcore fans.

The man has wasted two years as a coach with his dinosaur tactics.

I have a recurring horrible thought that one day this guy will end up as PCB chairman.

Absolutely the worst coach we have had. And good riddance.